Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): Feb. 12, 2011

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
sum
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): Feb. 12, 2

Post by sum »

MK Bhadrakumar is obviously less-than-fully-conversant with the background of the Siachen ops
^^ How can a guy not be conversant with a topic and be representing the country on that very issue?
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

http://pakistanherald.com/Program/Capit ... d-Mir-6766

Puke fest.... Mahesh Bhatt in Pakistani news show...

PUKE ALERT
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

Sri wrote:http://pakistanherald.com/Program/Capit ... d-Mir-6766

PUKE ALERT
wtf was that! I am going to Pakistan now.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

The good thing is Mahesh Butt or no Mahesh Butt, people are free to make movies as they like them. India is a free country after all. All that Mahesh Butt can do is attend Paki talk shows and hire Paki actresses to smooch Emraan Hashmi.
somnath
BRF Oldie

Post by somnath »

^^^SAnjaya Baru on the last cricket diplomacy exercise..

http://business-standard.com/india/news ... in/429970/
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

This time last year we were looking at the claims of India stealing Pakistan's water with threats of water Jihad being launched by the Pakis. Curiously this year, the silence is deafining on the issue of water. Was the last years flood of such a magnitude that it met all the paki need for water in just one event?

What are the Pakis waiting for??
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Sri wrote:http://pakistanherald.com/Program/Capit ... d-Mir-6766

PUKE ALERT
Leave alone any pride in their country, do these buffoons have any pride in themselves? Pakistanio ke pichware ko ice cream ki tarah chaat rahe hain. :x These chutyas should not be allowed back in India.
Charlie
BRFite

Post by Charlie »

Pakistan interior minister warns Pak players not to fix the cricket match
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
KARACHI: Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik has warned the country’s cricket team against match fixing and said they were under surveillance for Wednesday’s highly charged World Cup semi-final against India.

Pakistan cricket has been rocked by match fixing allegations, with three top players handed lengthy bans by an International Cricket Council anti-corruption tribunal.

“I had given a warning yesterday (Sunday) that there should be no match fixing. This time I am watching it very closely. If any such thing happens we will take action,” Malik told reporters in Karachi Monday.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Chandragupta wrote: Leave alone any pride in their country, do these buffoons have any pride in themselves? Pakistanio ke pichware ko ice cream ki tarah chaat rahe hain. :x These chutyas should not be allowed back in India.
Why does only Desh have to have people who are ready to lick other county's feet, like certain Chennai based editors and commies are ready to do anything for China or WKKs/"liberals" for pak?

Why cant Pak or China have people willing to bend over backwards to please India?? :(( :((
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Cricket diplomacy or Manmohan's malady?
On the evening of March 23, the day Pakistan celebrates its National Day and just a couple of days before Indian Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh [ Images ] decided to invite his Pakistani counterpart to watch the India-Pakistan cricket World Cup semi-final match in Mohali, Indian security agencies got specific information about an imminent attack on the Indian ambassador and the Indian mission in Kabul.

Needless to say, the fingerprints of the Inter Services Intelligence were found all over the attack plan. Not only did the Indian intelligence have names of Pakistani officers who planned the attacks, they had all the information of how the attacks would be carried out. Without wasting any time on diplomatic niceties, the Pakistanis were immediately warned of 'severe consequences' if the attack was carried out. Caught with their pants down, the Pakistanis were forced to call off the attack.
Wow... This would make a interesting Wikileak.

If only we had some covert action assets in pak, the said officers could have been bumped off instead of "warnings"
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

During Lal Bahadur Shastri ji's tenure, war was was imposed on India via Op Gibralter.
There was no other option for India but to go to war. The Pakistanis had been armed to the teeth by the Americans, they thought that the Indian armed forces will be a demoralized lot after the 62 border war with China.

Then LBS ji stopped the Indian army from entering Lahore and Sialkot, when the army was parked in the outskirts of these cities. Not only that LBS ji gave away the Haji Pir Pass - a land for peace deal in the hope that the pakistanis will make peace. The Haji pir pass is a vital link between Poonch and Uri. The IA had captured this after a lot of blood and toil, which was gifted away! The result is that to go from poonch to uri today one has to take a route via the kashmir valley adding one day and several hundred kilometers to the distance.

Besides LBS ji was ambivalent on the question of N weapons. It is the unnecessary pacifism, indecision and delays during JLN, LBS, and early IG tenures that India shied away from using the N option, as a result the west used the NPT to bind India. India had ample time and oppertunity to test and weaponize before NPT came into being. The lack of political will did India in and that one decision has harmed India all these decades like no other decision in our history. All the sanctions all the tech denial can be attributed to indecision during those days.

MMS seems to be just as pacifist as LBS ji. Except that he hasn't hindered the ATV, missile programs. I suspect that he will be not much different from LBS should war be imposed on us. I am sure he will be ambivalent on using N weapons, there will be indecision that will cost the country dear should war come to our doorstep.

Pacifism is defenitely not the answer when dealing with an irresponsible entity like Pakistan. The more you concede to them, they will gain ground without gratitude. They percieve concessions as a sign of weakness, unsheath the sword and they quickly downhill ski and fall in line, whack them with that sword and thell give us a couple of decades of peace.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Yet another story on the sense of entitlement that Pakis display.
'I am one of the few Pakistan fans who has managed to reach Mohali. I am hoping authorities consider this and give me a ticket. If my country is playing here, I have a right to watch the game,' he says.
Then he raises the pitch a level higher. 'The Indian Prime Minister has extended an invitation to Pakistan's Prime Minister to come over, yet a Pakistan fan is being denied a ticket. How ironic is this?,' says Khan, who has also watched the 2003 and 2007 World Cups in South Africa and West Indies.
Khan left Pakistan for USA in 1977. He has plenty of health problems. A couple of heart attacks forced him to retire from business. He is also a diabetic. 'I take 12 pills a day. My wife advises me not to travel much, but I don't listen to her. Watching a good game, meeting people from different countries ' what's life without pleasures?' he asks. Outside the stadium, Khan has already found empathy among locals. 'I have realized there's no animosity against a Pakistani among ordinary people. I have been cracking jokes with them. When I stood outside the stadium, they kept offering me water,' he says.
Apart from a sense of entitlement, there is another pattern here. This Paki comes in the expects hostility from the people. Not seeing that, and seeing friendly people,he probably falls back to what has been taught to him and mistakes basic human sentiments for docility.

EDIT: Just read what Gagan posted earlier:
Pacifism is defenitely not the answer when dealing with an irresponsible entity like Pakistan. The more you concede to them, they will gain ground without gratitude. They percieve concessions as a sign of weakness, unsheath the sword and they quickly downhill ski and fall in line, whack them with that sword and thell give us a couple of decades of peace.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

This article sounds very much like BRF. Is the author a BRFite?
somnath
BRF Oldie

Post by somnath »

Gagan-ji,

You make very large leaps of facts and faith while analysing...
Gagan wrote:Then LBS ji stopped the Indian army from entering Lahore and Sialkot, when the army was parked in the outskirts of these cities. Not only that LBS ji gave away the Haji Pir Pass - a land for peace deal in the hope that the pakistanis will make peace
Maybe you should study the war - there are numerous accounts of it, including the official one - the Haji Pir Pass was "traded" for Pak withdrawls in other places, most notably around the Chamb-Jaurian sector...the govt of the time made a calculated call regarding that...Two, it is less than an urban legend that Lahore was "ripe for our pickings" - most credible analyses in fact put it that Lahore was very well defended and the Indian offensive had really ground to a stalemate by then...
Gagan wrote:Besides LBS ji was ambivalent on the question of N weapons. It is the unnecessary pacifism, indecision and delays during JLN, LBS, and early IG tenures that India shied away from using the N option, as a result the west used the NPT to bind India. India had ample time and oppertunity to test and weaponize before NPT came into being.
All Indian PMs maintained a posture of ambiguity regarding nuke weapons all the way till 1988, when Rajiv Gandhi officially authorised VS Arunachalam to weaponise (which too didnt get "proven" till 1998)...LBS was hardly unique in his ambivalence, and India's economic position for much of that period was extremely parlous..during LBS's time especially, when PL480 wheat was our feeding source...

Could we have tested before 1970, when NPT came into force? Maybe...Homi Bhabha had given an estimate of 18 months (if memory serves me right) right after the Chinese tests...But it was the same Homi Bhabha who wanted to sign up on the "non weaponisation" treaties in the '50s, and JLN asked him to leave the politics to the PM! :wink: So things are not in "black and white"....Policy makers need to make policy decisions based on multiple factors, not rhetoric alone...
Gagan wrote:MMS seems to be just as pacifist as LBS ji.
This is of course a viewpoint, and you are welcome to it...But materially, is there that much daylight between the approaches of MMS and ABV, the "nationalist" PM?
Rajdeep
BRFite

Post by Rajdeep »

Does anyone have any idea about the back story of Mr. Mahesh Bhatt ? I am very curious to find out where do these feelings of self hate come from ?
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

Pak Minister busted my plans

I gave a warning that there should be no match-fixing. I am keeping a close watch. If any such thing happens, we are going to take action," Malik said two days ahead of the game in Mohali that will showcase one of the world's most intense sporting rivalries
This is necessary because we can't take a chance after what happened in London
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

http://www.rediff.com/news/column/crick ... 110328.htm
On the evening of March 23, the day Pakistan celebrates its National Day and just a couple of days before Indian Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh [ Images ] decided to invite his Pakistani counterpart to watch the India-Pakistan cricket World Cup semi-final match in Mohali, Indian security agencies got specific information about an imminent attack on the Indian ambassador and the Indian mission in Kabul.

Needless to say, the fingerprints of the Inter Services Intelligence were found all over the attack plan. Not only did the Indian intelligence have names of Pakistani officers who planned the attacks, they had all the information of how the attacks would be carried out. Without wasting any time on diplomatic niceties, the Pakistanis were immediately warned of 'severe consequences' if the attack was carried out. Caught with their pants down, the Pakistanis were forced to call off the attack.
For one, the two gentlemen invited by Dr Singh -- President Asif Ali Zardari [ Images ] and Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani [ Images ] -- don't really add up to very much in Pakistan, even less so when it comes to dealing with India. If the purpose of the invitation was something more than just creating a 'tamasha' (perhaps in the hope of deflecting attention from the massive corruption scandals dogging the government), it might have made more sense to have called the real power behind the throne -- the Pakistan Army [ Images ] Chief General Ashfaq Kayani
In the flush of excitement over the invitation to Gilani, it is possible that the government throws caution to the winds and lets a large number of Pakistani spectators enter India without any sort of vetting. But they will do this at grave peril to the security of India. In his statement to the National Investigating Agency, the infamous David Headley [ Images ] has admitted that he and the mastermind of the 26/11 attacks, Sajid Mir, used cricket tourism in 2005 as a ploy to survey and select their targets in India, including the prime minister's residence and the National Defence College.

What is more, some 26 people who came for watching cricket matches in India in 2005 never returned to Pakistan. Five of these people were subsequently arrested and all of them were found to be sleeper agents indulging in espionage.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Gagan wrote:MMS seems to be just as pacifist as LBS ji. Except that he hasn't hindered the ATV, missile programs.
Gagan ji, this is what all status-quo powers do. They are generally not pro-active. For them to react, a lot of things has to happen and the sponge should be so wet that it could not absorb anything more.

As for ATV, Tejas, missiles etc., well, things had advanced so much that even if Mr. Man Mohan Singh were to stop them, it was impossible. Now, that brings us to another interesting question. If most of our PMs were 'pacifists', how come these projects were approved of in the first place ? That is where our problem lies. Our leaders were forced to approve these projects because they had no other option just as in 1965. We again reacted and reacted late. Hundreds of reasons could be attributed today for why we reacted late or why many of these projects move(d) at a snail's pace. However, there is generally an inertia associated with status-quo powers especially when they have a long civilization behind them.
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

Rajdeep wrote:Does anyone have any idea about the back story of Mr. Mahesh Bhatt ? I am very curious to find out where do these feelings of self hate come from ?
Famous to get finance from Dawood gang... Visits akka very often in Karachi...
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Sri,

There is still hope. According to the Dawn link above, the below is what Rehman Malik said...

“I had given a warning yesterday (Sunday) that there should be no match fixing. This time I am watching it very closely. If any such thing happens we will take action,” Malik told reporters in Karachi Monday.

Rediff, above, curiously (or not) has a slightly different quote...

But in these matters, you know, best go by the horses Dung... In short, next time he won't be watching...
ManuT
BRFite

Post by ManuT »

somnath ji, nothing personal,

But we have seen the cycle of ceasefire-fire-ceasefire LTTE used to buy time, buy weapons, divide the opinion of Lankan govt into prolonging the conflict, till the whole concept of ceasefire had to be junked and fight fire with fire till it's musharaf was grass.

Should similar (no big terror attack since German bakery) be considered a ceasefire, it appears GOI is rewarding ISI with *talks*. In ISI's mind, if *talks* fail, it can always resort to fire, with GOI response usual gujral options.

Can't help if someone is trying to buy a beach front vacation home in Lahore. 
Harish
BRFite

Post by Harish »

The fact that the pakis spent two hours discussing with the army whether to go to Mohali is by itself an indication that something nasty is afoot in pindi jihadi terror control room. Probably had to adjust plans so that groper gilani wont get his musharraf burnt in the forthcoming attack.

[Edited>>>].
Last edited by ramana on 28 Mar 2011 19:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ramana
sourab_c
BRFite

Post by sourab_c »

SSridhar wrote: Gagan ji, this is what all status-quo powers do. They are generally not pro-active. For them to react, a lot of things has to happen and the sponge should be so wet that it could not absorb anything more.
It is the Indian public which insists on maintaining status-quo when they go to elections rather than the Govt. I know people who have been voting for the same party (which shall remain nameless) all their lives despite scandals, scams, wars or terrorist attacks. Nothing will change their POV. They have this untold sense of fear for any sort of change and are too scared to explore or try new things. They do not even put in the effort to acquaint themselves with the agenda of other parties. Election for them is simply walking to the election booth and stamping the same logo again and again.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

Harish wrote: edited....
go easy on calling animal names on a serving PM. If admins catch your post you will be warned. No body likes MMS, but we have to live with it. He is sure to pay a very heavy price by inviting the murderers. Make no mistake about it. I get a feeling even MMS knows it and this is the exit strategy so that he can go down as a man who tried peace between two nukliar armed nashuns who faught four wars blah blah...
Last edited by ramana on 28 Mar 2011 19:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ramana
sourab_c
BRFite

Post by sourab_c »

Altair wrote: go easy on calling animal names on a serving PM. If admins catch your post you will be warned. No body likes MMS, but we have to live with it. He is sure to pay a very heavy price by inviting the murderers. Make no mistake about it. I get a feeling even MMS knows it and this is the exit strategy so that he can go down as a man who tried peace between two nukliar armed nashuns who faught four wars blah blah...
Don't be too sure about that.... The opinion of BR does not represent that of India...
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

sourab_c wrote:The opinion of BR does not represent that of India...
Very true. time we do something about it. I hope he meets fate similar to LBS. Enough said.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

somnath wrote: The US spouts the most amount of rhetoric on democracy and all that rubbish - but it knows who to talk to in Pak...India has less of such "objectives", so no reason why we shouldnt try and build the most extnsive contacts as possible with the Pak military...Just talking doesnt mean we are signing away anything...But talking to Paki civivie leaders counts for even less!
Look, TSPA has thrown the gauntlet. Their message is clear. Give us Kashmir to even think of anything further. And in this quest, they have made no bones that pigLeTs and nukes are crucial. They have reaped huge dividends through this strategy, much less paying even an iota of a price. Under the circumstances, talking to TSPA is tantamount to abject surrender. I am with TSPA on this, but why would and why should TSPA buckle an inch from a winning strategy just because India wants to talk to them? On the contrary, it will only invite contempt and ridicule at GHQ, and rightfully so.

India's best policy, short of war, is bare-bones, hard-nosed diplomacy. No emotional "India and Pakistan between the overs" crap that we are seeing now. Some back-channel contacts can be in place to monitor if there is any visible change on the horizon from time to time. And above all, a thorough vigilance to thwart any hanky panky from TSP. And finally, a prepardness to retaliate if TSP goes up the ladder of escalation. Of course, it goes without saying that RAA needs to do what it is supposed to. In short, nationalists ought to assert themselves and f$%^k these shameless WKK, ant-national, cowards into the dustbin of hisotry.
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

MKB has a barely hidden admiration for the jihadis and anyone who is not Indian.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Why so much of heart burn on invite to Groper? I mean this is the normal thing to do especially when Pak is playing in India. What is soooh extra chanikian about it. Any Pak PM/President will require permission from GHQ for visit to India, not to check with them if PA Jehadis are going to blow up his ass or his seat in the Mohali stadium. I mean we in BRF have seen so many facets of India-Pak chai biskoot sessions and still people either are ready to jump onto the sofa with popcorn and beer or ready to throw a fit.
We may hate them but we have to deal with them and since there is not going to be any war atleast not from Indian side, this is the one of the available option that MMS has picked as much as I or anyone else hates it.
It doesn't look like there is any grand strategy by either India or Pakistan except for the same trodden path and unless some Black swan event causes major turmoil, we will be seeing the next Indian PM and the next Paki general smoking the same stuff.
Bhutto was invited so was Zia and so was Gola.
Most of the Indians probably would be OK to see Paki PM if that ends up in any sort of peace between the two countries, Jingos be damned (Ok that probably is not going to happen).
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

CRamS wrote:India's best policy, short of war, is bare-bones, hard-nosed diplomacy. No emotional "India and Pakistan between the overs" crap that we are seeing now. Some back-channel contacts can be in place to monitor if there is any visible change on the horizon from time to time.
CRamS ji,
I humbly deviate on this issue.

Pakistan wants desperately to be treated like a normal nation. They don't get to do that with the US, europe or with KSA. The Chinese do a lot of "Chane ke jhaad pe chadana" to these guys and in the meantime steal their chappals.

India, japan etc soft countries is the only oppertunity these guys have to behave like a nation.

My suggestion of dealing with Pakistan would be the same as the policy that the Army applies in the valley "Iron fist in a velvet glove".

No harm in lovey dovey talks, exchange of artists, movies etc, but one terrorist attack and India has to give them a tamacha - specifically the Pakistani Army has to get a Tamacha and they have to know why they got it. The rest of Pakistanis don't really need to know. The pakistani army has to pay in blood, money or in kind for each misadventure they carry out.

The things they hold dear are their fauji foundations, their land grabbing actions, their plush retirement homes, POK. These should all be fair game somehow. In addition economic strangulation should be pursued with due vigour. I specially like the suggestion of capturing land across the LOC after each major terror attack in India.

A cost HAS to be imposed on the Pakistani Army for their misadventures otherwise this will never end.
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

Vikas,

This is the first time we are going to host Paki PM/President after 26/11.

Basically from MMS point of view, he had previously sealed the coffin. Now MMS is completing the funeral pyre of 26/11 and burning it.
Last edited by Virupaksha on 28 Mar 2011 21:36, edited 1 time in total.
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

Gagan wrote: My suggestion of dealing with Pakistan would be the same as the policy that the Army applies in the valley "Iron fist in a velvet glove".

No harm in lovey dovey talks, exchange of artists, movies etc, but one terrorist attack and India has to give them a tamacha - specifically the Pakistani Army has to get a Tamacha and they have to know why they got it. The rest of Pakistanis don't really need to know. The pakistani army has to pay in blood, money or in kind for each misadventure they carry out.

The things they hold dear are their fauji foundations, their land grabbing actions, their plush retirement homes, POK. These should all be fair game somehow. In addition economic strangulation should be pursued with due vigour. I specially like the suggestion of capturing land across the LOC after each major terror attack in India.

A cost HAS to be imposed on the Pakistani Army for their misadventures otherwise this will never end.
Have you seen an example of this so called "iron fist". I have just seen the velvet glove even after 26/11
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

None so far, that has been reported in the media, unfortunately.

And I don't think there have been any major border skirmishes since 26/11 either.
Only the Pakistanis claiming once or twice that the IAF had intruded across the IB/LOC.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

ravi_ku wrote:Vikas,

This is the first time we are going to host Paki PM/President after 26/11.

Basically from MMS point of view, he had previously sealed the coffin. Now MMS is completing the funeral pyre of 26/11 and burning it.
Ravi_ku,
We should Thank our stars that Kan-gress leaders are not expressing remorse that Pakistan too lost people in 26/11 even though they had come via boat.
But then MMS has done lot more things in the past to erase 26/11 as Paki planned and executed event. Inviting Groper is pretty minor compared to that and is not worth the discussion that it is generating on BRF. Before that Gola was invited by GoI and later by HT owners and we conveniently forgot everything about Kargil. I am not sure if 26/11 is as heavy a cross to bear for Indian political/RAPE class as we construed it to be. Anyways in international diplomacy, Nations move on unless some one from top echelons is murdered and then you remember it till thy kingdom come.
Abhijit
BRFite

Post by Abhijit »

I think it is immature to sulk over an invitation to groper and 10 %. In the first place, India has not declared pakis to be an axis of evil. we haven't called them terrorists on their face. now it is incumbent upon us as members of a civilized world to invite them as guests to watch the match. if you remember, even before the MB war, Krishna had visited Kauravas and Kuravas had sent their rep (was it Shakuni's son?) to Pandavas. Eventually we will have to settle our differences in an MB-like war. till then we have to observe the niceties. JMHO.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Abhijit wrote:I think it is immature to sulk over an invitation to groper and 10 %. In the first place, India has not declared pakis to be an axis of evil. we haven't called them terrorists on their face. now it is incumbent upon us as members of a civilized world to invite them as guests to watch the match. if you remember, even before the MB war, Krishna had visited Kauravas and Kuravas had sent their rep (was it Shakuni's son?) to Pandavas. Eventually we will have to settle our differences in an MB-like war. till then we have to observe the niceties. JMHO.
This is giving the Poakroaches a bigger due, than they deserve! They don't deserve a war, just HULK SMASH! :twisted:
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

VikasRaina wrote: Ravi_ku,
We should Thank our stars that Kan-gress leaders are not expressing remorse that Pakistan too lost people in 26/11 even though they had come via boat.
But then MMS has done lot more things in the past to erase 26/11 as Paki planned and executed event. Inviting Groper is pretty minor compared to that and is not worth the discussion that it is generating on BRF. Before that Gola was invited by GoI and later by HT owners and we conveniently forgot everything about Kargil. I am not sure if 26/11 is as heavy a cross to bear for Indian political/RAPE class as we construed it to be. Anyways in international diplomacy, Nations move on unless some one from top echelons is murdered and then you remember it till thy kingdom come.
Vikas,

The big issue is this,
Cost for MMS for burying and kicking 26/11 ashes =0.

and unless we talk as much as possible and make it an albatross around the neck, about MMS being the person and congress being the party which buried 26/11 - the next 27/12 will be the same. So yes, it is us who have it remember MMS as the person who did it. MMS- Mumbai Maarankand ka Shakuni
Nihat
BRFite

Post by Nihat »

I have pretty much lost all hope as far as our Pakistan policy goes, it's more misguided than a headless chicken. I just hope, wish and pray that they have mercy on us and don't slaughter too many indians (not all at once atleast).

Instead of preparing a robust military response, creating/infiltrating/purchasing intelligence assets, lobbying @ international platforms, using coercive diplomacy etc etc etc. When a 2 gram brain of mine can understand the fact that deep engagement with civilian govt. in TSP will only make the army insecure and invite terror attacks, why can't our great economist understand that.

PErhaps it's something to do with our DNA or maybe indian demographics whereby I've always noticed that North Indians tend to have much more of a "soft corner" for pakis, perhaps owing to cultural similarties , whereas leaders from other states of India (especially southern) have a much clearer picture of Pakistans hawkish stand towards India and a clearer roadmap to tackle it.
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

JE Menon wrote:Sri,

There is still hope. According to the Dawn link above, the below is what Rehman Malik said...

Rediff, above, curiously (or not) has a slightly different quote...

But in these matters, you know, best go by the horses Dung... In short, next time he won't be watching...
very true Menon ji.

What kind of psychology one must have to give out such a statement?

rehman Malik just trying to be interesting. i dunno how many of you remember him, promising to start bigger bettter PPL to rival IPL after last years player auction drama.

Attention seeker at best. Lonely psycho looking for jig at worst.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Fourteen troops killed in Khyber Agency ambush

PESHAWAR: Pakistan security forces suffered heavy causalities on Monday night when 14 of their soldiers were killed during a militants’ ambush in the Khyber Agency, DawnNews reported.

Official sources said that the militants attacked security forces in the area of Akakhel and 14 soldiers, including a major, captain and colonel, died when a mortar shell landed near them.