Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): Feb. 12, 2011

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): Feb. 12, 2

Post by shiv »

Altair wrote:^^
Why cant we simply radio tag them as someone above suggested. Its simple and effective. MEA must think about this.
It should be a tag around the leg that explodes and severs the foot if they don't report to the Wagah border for repatriation by the stipulated time. OK explosions may hurt others. Let it be a spring loaded circumferential wire that slices through the Achilles tendon. Shhhllllkkk !
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

So Indian surrender is now complete. 26/11 is now officially in the dust bin. :-?
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Dilbu wrote:So Indian surrender is now complete. 26/11 is now officially in the dust bin. :-?
Dilbu, I thought you knew it was already complete on a certain July 16 at a place called Sharm-el-Sheikh.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

SSridhar wrote:
Dilbu wrote:So Indian surrender is now complete. 26/11 is now officially in the dust bin. :-?
Dilbu, I thought you knew it was already complete on a certain July 16 at a place called Sharm-el-Sheikh.
That was away from the eyes of mango man. This is in full public view and chankianly done using the euphoria of a cricket match.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

SSridhar wrote:
Except this time it is
(Sharm-el-Sheikh) raised to the power of N
N = Pakistan final score
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Existential threat posed by India forced Pakistan to go nuclear: Musharraf
Former Pakistan military ruler Pervez Musharraf has cited India, which he said poses an "existential threat" to Pakistan, as the prime reason behind his country's nuclear armament.

"Yes, we have nuclear weapons, and we are proud of it. Nuclear weapons are the pride of every man, woman and child walking in the streets of Pakistan. Why are we nuclear? Because of India," Time magazine quoted Musharraf, as saying in an exclusive interview.

When asked which posed a bigger threat to Pakistan- extremism or India, the former military ruler conceded: "At the moment, it's extremism and terrorism."

"But you can't compare. Let's not think this is a permanent situation. The orientation of 90% of Indian troops is against Pakistan. We cannot ever ignore India, which poses an existential threat to Pakistan,"
he added.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Pipeline blown up in Dera Bugti
Unidentified people blew up a gas pipeline in the Dera Bugti district of Balochistan on Sunday.
According to reports, an explosive device which was planted along a gas pipeline in the Sui town went off with a huge explosion.
The gas supply from the well to the purification plant was suspended due to which many areas are facing gas shortage.
Police registered a case against unidentified men and started investigation.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Terrorism a threat to the entire region: Qamar Zaman
LAHORE: Federal Interior Secretary Qamar Zaman Chaudhry said on Sunday that terrorism is not only a threat to Pakistan and India but to the entire region.

Speaking to media persons at Wagah Border, before leaving for India, Qamar Zaman said that he was taking the gift of love and affection to India.

Further more, he said that important issues including prisoner exchanges and drug prevention will also be discussed.

Talks between Pakistan and India Home Secretaries will take place on March 28 and March 29.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ Dus percenti orders release of Gopal Dass, Inidan spy held for 27 years....

Guess that full blown love making can start under this guise and the cricket match....Sigh.
Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

Learnt about this from def & dumb, watch Kayani's breathing at 2:06-2:12. All that smoking will send him to Allah (PBUH). The guy is like Jinnah, not much lung reserve left.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-4fUbRREuo
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Guddu wrote:Learnt about this from def & dumb, watch Kayani's breathing at 2:06-2:12. All that smoking will send him to Allah (PBUH). The guy is like Jinnah, not much lung reserve left.
Brilliant observation. That is fast breathing for a man at rest. Advanced lung damage from smoking can certainly do that.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

^^^It looks like he was asleep and all the weight of the medals and ribbons were heavy on his chest. The dude general to his left looks like he's chewing pan or beetle nut. Is there any other video of Gen. Assphuck speaking for a few minutes? That might reveal a lot too.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Mort Walker wrote:^^^It looks like he was asleep and all the weight of the medals and ribbons were heavy on his chest. The dude general to his left looks like he's chewing pan or beetle nut. Is there any other video of Gen. Assphuck speaking for a few minutes? That might reveal a lot too.
I watched one that I downloaded a few weeks ago but was unable to tell.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

shiv wrote:Brilliant observation. That is fast breathing for a man at rest. Advanced lung damage from smoking can certainly do that.
Guddu wrote:Learnt about this from def & dumb, watch Kayani's breathing at 2:06-2:12. All that smoking will send him to Allah (PBUH). The guy is like Jinnah, not much lung reserve left.
There's a lot weighing on that poor man's shoulders. He is, after all, responsible for the security and safety of 180 million believers who are looking up to him for deliverence and miracles. May he live to 100, wheezing panting and struggling for air and all.

He is also probably thinking (dreaming?) of the next step when Gilani travels to India to watch a friendly game of cricket. Time to do a Musharraf?
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

These are more nails on the 26/11 coffin. The sell out started at Sharm-el-Shiekh.

In witnessing the manner in which MMS & Co have managed this sell out, through all levers of power & opportunism: media, UPA govt, USA influence, apathetic public etc, I was just doing a gandanken experiment. Knowing how the US system works inside out, I was just thinking that had a similar 26/11 attack taken in place in US, but in the aftermath, the key power brokers: CIA, Pentagon, Wall Street big wigs etc decided that it is not in their interest to actually retaliate and instead kiss and make up with the perpetrators, as MMS is doing with the executioners of 26/11, how would the US system manufacture such a conset? Or could it?

There are always enough sex scams, politician pecaddilos, dems Vs reps circus, Michelle Bachamn Sarah Palin, Glen Beck, American idol etc and other such mind-numbing tripe on US media to keep Americans focused, but could the US powers to be sweep such a colossal crime under the rug and thwart those who would expose the sell out? My guess is that it would be impossible as much as US power brokers are capable of making night look like day and vice versa when it suits their interests.

I know my scenario is laughably hypothetical, even a mosquito bite by so called "Al Queda" will invite instant retribution and Peter Bergen analyses lapped up by mouthpieces like Fareed Zakaraih on the threat posed to US credibility if the bite went unanswered, but it boggles my mind that MMS has goten away with such a sell out of India to what was an act of war perpetrated by TSP on 26/11. I mean leaving 9% growth aside for a moment, I cannot imagine the strategic damage MMS has done to future generations of Indians through this betrayal.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Well, how fitting that MOhali is indeed close to the original Kurukshetra where the original great war was fought...
Well!! ALL Mainstream media of India (print and electronics) has always been against Sikhs! Because the official name of the city is not MOHALI! but "Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar". Sahibzada Ajit Singh nagar is adjacent to chandigarh inside the boundry of Punjab.

Sahibzada Ajit Singh was the elder son of Sri Guru Gobind Singh who attained martyrdom in the vicinity of Mohali village of "Chamkaur" fighting Mughals (5 Sikh soldiers vs. lakhs of mughals). In the very hour his younger brother Jujhar Singh also attained martyrdom. The two youngest brothers (9 years old Zorawar Singh and 7 years old Fateh Singh) were murdered by Wazir Khan of Sirhind for not converting to Islam along with the mother of Guru Gobind Singh (Mata Gujari ji).

Sahibzada Ajit Singh nagar was the name given to the area where development started to create this new city in 1970s. The construction of city was started by acquiring the village of Mohali. Village of Mohali still stands at the first Phase of the city. Now Sahibzada Ajit singh Nagar is over 15 Kms and extending the 47 sectors of Chandigarh to over 115 in Punjab.

Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar is also close to Sirhind (30 kms) and exactly 4 kilometers away from the Stadium is the village of Chapper Chirri where Banda Singh Bahadur Defeated Wazir Khan of Sirhind.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

CRamS wrote: I was just thinking that had a similar 26/11 attack taken in place in US, but in the aftermath, the key power brokers: CIA, Pentagon, Wall Street big wigs etc decided that it is not in their interest to actually retaliate and instead kiss and make up with the perpetrators, as MMS is doing with the executioners of 26/11, how would the US system manufacture such a conset? Or could it?
9/11? Pakistan is well on the way to comprehensively defeating the US, because the US system manufactured consent by a misdirected retaliation against Saddam.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

http://www.dawn.com/2011/03/27/punjab-g ... ullah.html
Punjab govt still possesses Davis’ passport: Sanaullah
Take it Amreeka. H&D restored.
Raymond Davis was probably a fake identity. Ranaji can use the passport to wipe his ass.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

partha wrote:http://www.dawn.com/2011/03/27/punjab-g ... ullah.html
Punjab govt still possesses Davis’ passport: Sanaullah
Take it Amreeka. H&D restored.
Raymond Davis was probably a fake identity. Ranaji can use the passport to wipe his ass.
They will sell it on eBay and earn some money!
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

no, they will threaten to sell it on ebay and demand F-16's not to. ;)
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

SBajwa wrote: Well!! ALL Mainstream media of India (print and electronics) has always been against Sikhs! Because the official name of the city is not MOHALI! but "Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar". Sahibzada Ajit Singh nagar is adjacent to chandigarh inside the boundry of Punjab.
Bajwa sahab, I really enjoy your posts but found this distrubing, especially coming from you. If that is the true name then what stops the administration from changing the name? There are several such instance in Punjab. My family hails from Batala which is said to be in District gurdaspur even though Batala is the bigger town.

Why blame GOI for everything?
Vivek Kumar
BRFite

Post by Vivek Kumar »

Vivek K wrote: Bajwa sahab, I really enjoy your posts but found this distrubing, especially coming from you. If that is the true name then what stops the administration from changing the name? There are several such instance in Punjab. My family hails from Batala which is said to be in District gurdaspur even though Batala is the bigger town.

Why blame GOI for everything?
(Slightly offtopic)
And I thought I was the only BRFite from Batala. Here I find another one...same name too :eek: . Batala was made a Police District in 90's.

SBajwa's complaint has merit. Everybody who studied in PSEB affiliated schools knows that it is actually SAS Nagar and not Mohali. Why does Punjab govt. not insist that mainstream media use SAS Nagar is beyond me. If a BRFite like SBajwa has noticed this silly abberation and feels pained about it, there must be scores of other Punjabis especially Sikhs who share his pain. I do. If names like Chennai or Mumbai can be promoted in mainstream media, why not SAS Nagar?
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

My family hails from Batala which is said to be in District gurdaspur even though Batala is the bigger town.
Though I was brought up in Chandigarh my village is close to Batala (Saidpur). Batala is a native place to myself and I know all about the hansli, "andar wala cinma" and "bahar wala cinma" and sheran wala gate, etc. Everytime I visit India I go straight to Batala.

The issue that Batala is a "bigger" town than Gurdaspur but Gurdaspur is still counted as a district is because.

1. Before 1947 Batala was a "Muslim" town., while the district of Gurdaspur was 50-50 muslim, non-muslim. The district has been called "Gurdaspur" since British took over and first created the districts.

2. After 1947 Sialkote and other Tehsils of District Gurdaspur were given to Pakistan. So Muslims from Batala moved to Pakistan.

3. Majority non-muslims from Pakistan across the district were resettled in around Batala and thus Batala became a city with more population than Gurdaspur.

Now!! If Batala residents want the district to be named "Batala" instead of "Gurdaspur" they have to take it up with the government and demand it. Even smaller places like "Mansa" and "SAS nagar" have become "districts".

Overall Batala has to be the dirtiest town in Punjab with its Bus Stand created before 1947., all roads are broken with mud and dirt. There is no hotel or a park in the city. Trains stop for 2 minutes (enroute to Jammu from Jalandhar and/or Amritsar). There is lots of Farm equipment based industry but not enough support from Government. Area around Batala is a very fertile land and villagers are generally doing bad (loans, credit, suicide issues). Lots of problem with "Drugs and Alcohol", most of the youth wants to sell their property and immigrate to Canada, Australia, UK, Spain, Italy or USA.

BTW. I am not blaming Government of India but Print and Electronics Media! Punjab government and/or Government of India should gentally remind media that the real name is SAS nagar and not "Mohali".
ManuT
BRFite

Post by ManuT »

somnath wrote:ManuT-ji, finally India's doing something that we should have done 3 years back..What is the point in having any discussion - for negotiation, threatening or anything elese - with civvie leaders? Its a complete waste of time..Principals around the world recognise that...We do too, but somehow always developed queasiness about implementing a course of action based on that (maybe our fetish with protocol?)...Its good that we are doing it finally...
somnath ji
In a way it is, but really I don't think it is India's problem that TSP didn't spend time building it's institutions.

This solidifies terror as a legitimate instrument of a State's policy and the tame surrender of it's victim State serves as an example that terror can succeed. I am of the view that there cannot be any compromise with terror.

As you are aware, ISI DG Pasha, currently accused in US, decided not show up in India after 26/11, when ordered to by his President. I do not see anything changed even an inch, since 26/11, to merit this recognition. Thanks
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

SBajwa wrote: Though I was brought up in Chandigarh my village is close to Batala (Saidpur). Batala is a native place to myself
Hmm so all Batalvis think rationally! Good!
Now!! If Batala residents want the district to be named "Batala" instead of "Gurdaspur" they have to take it up with the government and demand it. Even smaller places like "Mansa" and "SAS nagar" have become "districts".
That is my point entirely.
Overall Batala has to be the dirtiest town in Punjab with its Bus Stand created before 1947.
My grandfather owned the Khanna Transport Company - one of the first bus transport companies in Punjab (started pre-independence). After partition, the muslim drivers stole our buses and drove them to Pukistan.
BTW. I am not blaming Government of India but Print and Electronics Media! Punjab government and/or Government of India should gentally remind media that the real name is SAS nagar and not "Mohali".
Point taken. And that is something that the locals need to take up. When Bombay can become "Mumbai", Madras - Chennai and Calcutta - Kolkatta, I do not see why this small transition cannot take place.

BTW, the Indian media like all international media houses works for its bottom line - sensational news that attracts readers and Advertisers. So they are worthless now from the national interest. The only nationality they understand is their profit.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

Vivekji and SBajwaji, I replied to your discussions in "Indian Interests" thread as it is off topic here.
somnath
BRF Oldie

Post by somnath »

ManuT wrote: somnath ji
In a way it is, but really I don't think it is India's problem that TSP didn't spend time building it's institutions.

This solidifies terror as a legitimate instrument of a State's policy and the tame surrender of it's victim State serves as an example that terror can succeed. I am of the view that there cannot be any compromise with terror.

As you are aware, ISI DG Pasha, currently accused in US, decided not show up in India after 26/11, when ordered to by his President. I do not see anything changed even an inch, since 26/11, to merit this recognition. Thanks
ManuT-ji, its not about Pak, its about the practicalities...You re right, Shuja Pasha didnt come to India despite Zardari's promise, which proves the point! Whats the point in talking to Zardari? We might as well talk to the principals instead...

there is no "recognition" of anything but the reality here...there are three discrete levels of decision-making here - 1) decision to "talk", 2) who to "talk" to, and 3) what to talk about?

SBajwa-ji, whats in a name?In my neck of the woods, Vivekananda Setu is still referred to as Howrah Bridge, and (horror horrors!), BBD Bagh (Binoy Badal Dinesh - martyred freedom fighters - long story) is referred to as Dalhousie Square :twisted: ...Most delightfully, in Delhi CP is still referred to as CP, not the obnoxious Rajiv Gandhi Chowk :)
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ As if all the love fest between Gilani and MMS on TV wasnt enough, today's article by MKB mentions that India is the one who started all LoC related problem by "committing aggression in Siachen" and trying to alter a settled line and so, must clean up by making love to Pak!!!! :eek: :shock:

Claims he had almost settled and bartered away Siachen in a Indo-Pak meeting in South block in 90s but was stopped at last minute. Are such guys actually representing India and supposed to further the country's interest? :x :roll: :-?

(Somehow cant locate that article to post it here. Read it on Deccanherald print edition)
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

sum wrote:^^ As if all the love fest between Gilani and MMS on TV wasnt enough, today's article by MKB mentions that India is the one who started all LoC related problem by "committing aggression in Siachen" and trying to alter a settled line and so, must clean up by making love to Pak!!!! :eek: :shock:

Claims he had almost settled and bartered away Siachen in a Indo-Pak meeting in South block in 90s but was stopped at last minute. Are such guys actually representing India and supposed to further the country's interest? :x :roll: :-?

(Somehow cant locate that article to post it here. Read it on Deccanherald print edition)
Sometimes I feel we are hit by Stockholm Syndrome.
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

Mohali aside, ISI still 'busy' in Kashmir

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Mohali-as ... 78346.aspx
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

abhishek_sharma wrote:Mohali aside, ISI still 'busy' in Kashmir

Why not? Hilthi hui deewar ko yak dhakka aur dho. The more USI hits, the more India bends. Working exactly accirding to plan.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

abhishek_sharma wrote:Mohali aside, ISI still 'busy' in Kashmir

Not sure what HT means to achieve by this article!!!!
After his surrender he was instrumental in elimination of seven HM operatives in the Rajouri and Poonch area in 2009.

In fact he complained to his interrogators that he didn't get any reward for the information he provided to the security forces.

He said, "I was exploited in the name of my safe surrender."

He provided information to the Indian security forces about three more HM operatives that led to their neutralisation in October, 2010.

And interestingly, all this while he was in touch with his handlers in Pakistan.
They only thing they did is reveal the identity of a double agent working for the forces!!!
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

It seems we are witnessing the MOST pacifist PM in India since Lal Bahadur Shastri ji.

The current PM seems to have a mantra of playing a peace fiddle with Pakistan no matter what.

Thankfully, and thank god for small mercies, the defence modernization has not been too much retarded, and several defence programs are proceeding ahead. But otherwise on Pakistan,
1. The GoI seems to be like a blindfolded man in a dark room
2. Instead of removing the blindfold, we seem to be playing into pakistani hands by overly relying on diplomacy.
History has ample examples that in the India-Pakistan context, diplomacy has not made the Pakistanis budge from their irresponsible actions. Only coercion seems to work with them.

IOW, laaton ke bhoot baaton se nahi maante.

On the issue of inviting Zardari and Gilani to view the SAS nagar cricket match issue. There was a high risk of a terror strike on this match, which I hope will be mitigated by getting gilani to be present. Gilani is the Army's boy and the Pakistani army perhaps will think for a few seconds before sending in the LET to attack the venue. Specially after Kiyani has been 'giving full respect' to gilani these past few months. :roll:

Subramanyam Swamy has a very valid point. The NSG has its foundation day on the same date, and the PM will be attending that ceremony at manesar and then will go to SAS Nagar to sit with the Pakistani PM! Granted that the Pakistani PM is the one least responsible for 26/11, but he is very much part of the cover up subsequent to that which the Pakistani state has put in motion to protect the terrorists who planned and executed that attack.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Gagan wrote:India is going to talk to the Pakistani Army?

SNIP.............

There is only one thing both parties could possibly agree on.

Money.

India will possibly pay off the army wallahs to temper / regulate terrorism against India, in return India will probably pay off the generals.

The risk is that soon the pakistani generals will be holding the Indian state to ransom just like they hold other countries to ransom

my do naya paisa.
The question is why should India pay what os afterall protection money to the TSP. By doing so are we not giving the TSP the ability to hold back the Indian growth trajectory.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Dawood bhai's money is also Indian money.
It appears that several netas are bankrolled by him.

In that context aren't we already paying the Pakistanis?

I ask the question, what is the one thing that has made things move in Pakistan? Apart from coercion, money has been a great facilitator. The US has been doing this with their generals and politicians for six decades.

If India talks to their army, eventually things will boil down to how much India is willing to pay these bozos.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

It seems we are witnessing the MOST pacifist PM in India since Lal Bahadur Shastri ji.

The current PM seems to have a mantra of playing a peace fiddle with Pakistan no matter what.
Saar, LBS atleast kicked some Paki @$$ when they tried op-Gibraltar..

One an safely assume MMS will do nothing even if Pakis try a Kargil again and will hide behind excuses ( read Chankian in BRFspeak)
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

sum wrote: . . . MKB mentions that India is the one who started all LoC related problem by "committing aggression in Siachen" . . . (Somehow cant locate that article to post it here. Read it on Deccanherald print edition)
See here, The Gardens of the Night at Mohali in The Hindu
I sat in the talks in the winter of 1992 in the cavernous Ministry of Defence conference room in South Block as part of the four-member Indian delegation negotiating Siachen. Honestly, my conviction is that the agreement we negotiated and would have been initialled and the press release we had drawn up and would have handed down to the media in a few minutes' time about that great moment under the flashbulbs in India-Pakistan relationship cannot be substantially improved upon. Yes, it is an eminently “doable” issue over a problem which many mistake it to be about the cost at which the Indian Army supplies chapatis to the jawans stationed in those horrible heights but is actually about healing a wound that India opened by altering the Line of Control by force — after which things were never the same again.
somnath
BRF Oldie

Post by somnath »

^^^The point is not about "paying" the Paki Army off - the Pak Army expropriates enough from the country..Lack of contact is the first, and most formidable barrier to availability of "critical information", or in some ways, intelligence (and I dont mean "James Bond" type intelligence)...opportunities of building sources, influencers, dissdents etc come about when there are contacts...For a country that is such a large and immediate strategic problem for India, our conversations with the key principals in Pak (the military) has been always in fits and starts - coinciding with the formal ascent of the military to power...

The US spouts the most amount of rhetoric on democracy and all that rubbish - but it knows who to talk to in Pak...India has less of such "objectives", so no reason why we shouldnt try and build the most extnsive contacts as possible with the Pak military...Just talking doesnt mean we are signing away anything...But talking to Paki civivie leaders counts for even less!
somnath
BRF Oldie

Post by somnath »

SSridhar wrote:See here, The Gardens of the Night at Mohali in The Hindu
MK Bhadrakumar is obviously less-than-fully-conversant with the background of the Siachen ops...But on the core issue of Siachen, whether or not its worth it is an open question - people like Gen Raghavan and JN Dixit have advocated a negotiated withdrawl by both sides...