Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): Feb. 12, 2011

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
AjayKK
BRFite

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): Feb. 12, 2

Post by AjayKK »

Arjun wrote:Sharm-el-Sheikh like surrender in Thimphu

BRF-type article on Thimphu talks
Well written article indeed.

Khurshid M. Kasuri: We Were This Close To A Peace Accord
India and Pakistan narrowly missed resolving their conflict in 2006, but the foundation for enduring peace has been laid, former Pakistani foreign minister, Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri tells Forbes India

Feb 14, 2011
jrjrao
BRFite

Post by jrjrao »

From CNN. Today, the finest and purest of Momins is enjoying Valentine's day mithai:

Man charged in killing of Pakistani politician gets Valentine's gifts
Islamabad, Pakistan (CNN) -- Supporters of an accused assassin of a Pakistani politician brought him Valentine's flowers and cards Monday, the same day a judge charged him with murder and terrorism acts, his lawyer said.

When the judge asked Qadri to enter a plea, he denied committing a crime, said Raja Shuja Ur Rehman, his lawyer.

"I acted against a blasphemer per the guidelines of the Quran and the teachings of the prophet Muhammad," Qadri told the judge, according to his lawyer. "I didn't kill an innocent person."

It wasn't clear whether jail officials delivered the flowers to Qadri.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

I bet they would have delivered it with a nice smile.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

CRamS wrote:
There is a misunderstanding in what I tried to convey.

Thus, it is in Indian interest to wean away US support to TSP. My point was that Arnab is not helping on several counts: 1) Indians taking a moralistic, preachy stance that is sure to turn US even more off, and that too someone pro-India like the US guest on the show, Lisa Curtis, 2) India has no dog in the US-TSP spat over Davis, and the last thing India needs to show in a way, shape or form, is empathy for the TSP scum. Its a rough world out there. At the ver least, lets just revel in schadenfreude at TSP travails with US over the Davis saga.

<snip>

If Arnab wanted to talk about the Davis, then, instead of appearing like an "argumentative Indian" worried about international rule of law, and Vienna convention crap in talking about Davis, he should have exposed the ISI links to those that were shot by Davis. The fact that there is possibly more to it than meets the eye in that TSP is crying foul after its ISI hanky panky may have gone awry. Such a coverage would have served India's interests more that "global citizenry" nonsesne that Arnab was trying to conevy.
No There is no misunderstanding.

I believe you are doing exactly what I said

Let me quote:
CRamS wrote: 1) Indians taking a moralistic, preachy stance that is sure to turn US even more off,
Surely you're joking sir. Who cares if the US is turned on or off? The US does things in its own interest remember? You said so yourself and who should know better than you? And the US is not controlled by Indian behavior, so why should Indians worry whether they are turning the US on or off? It's only YOUR personal worry. Few others are worried. So what is the US going to do after it gets "turned off"? Help Pakistan more? Big deal! :lol: That is same ol' same ol' anyway. Why are you so keen to see India not turning the US off? You mean India should suck up to the US and dhoti shiver that it might get "turned off". LOL. :D Tell me another one! You da life of da party.
CRamS wrote:2) India has no dog in the US-TSP spat over Davis, and the last thing India needs to show in a way, shape or form, is empathy for the TSP scum.
Are you really being serious here sir. This is hilarious. Of course India has no dog in that spat. Do you think it makes any difference what stand any Indian takes, least of all Arnab. Only you seem to be upset.

CRamS wrote:Its a rough world out there.
Cut the sanctimonious crap brother. Do you think I, or other Indians don't know? You are doing just what I said.
CRamS wrote:At the ver least, lets just revel in schadenfreude at TSP travails with US over the Davis saga.
Speak for yourself Sir. I am revelling in Shadenf<glub glub> whatever.
CRamS wrote:If Arnab wanted to talk about the Davis, then, instead of appearing like an "argumentative Indian" worried about international rule of law, and Vienna convention crap in talking about Davis,
Serious, scathing sarcasm on an Indian TV channel by an Indian anchor is totally lost on you sir. Chillax. Smoke a charminar. You are losing the plot in your eagerness to lecture people whom you consider less worldly wise than yourself.

I put it to you that you are so busy demanding that Indians do not upset the US that you are unable to see that there are two ways of breaking US Pakistani relations. One is to wean away the US by sucking up (which you want). The other is to try and aggravate US-Pakistan spats by supporting everything in Pakistan that the US does not like, knowing that sucking up to the US and not "turning off" the US as you suggest does not work.
Last edited by shiv on 14 Feb 2011 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

shiv wrote:Chillax. Smoke a charminar.
Sigh.....Smoking Marlboros is less likely to turn off the US of A.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Dilbu wrote:
How about sending him a basket of mangos? :twisted:
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Arjun wrote:Sharm-el-Sheikh like surrender in Thimphu

BRF-type article on Thimphu talks
Objectively speaking, what all has India lost because of Sharm-el-Sheikh?
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Sri wrote:Image

Me likes the new Forin minister of Pakistan. I want more strategic discussions... I'll try to be part of them from now on...
I am sure you would like to have one on one negotiations with esteemed phone minister. That is what all our phone minister wants too. :rotfl:

Do you prefer Track I or track II? :D
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Revealed! Br.(butler) Man Mubarak Singh's strategy to stay alive politically after trhe "perfect scams" have threatened to wash away his sleaze-stained govt.The tsunami of scams that has hit the current UPA dispensation has lft it floundering and flat on its back.Few Congressmen want to defend the govt. on TV these days.MMS is dumbstruck,as if stricken by a political stroke.With the entire nation demanding its pound of flesh for the $100+ billion looted by MMS's cronies in crime,no one belieiving his spin-doctors like Sibal & co.,a resounding political defeat for the UPA is a certainity at the nexyt hustings,but many even wonder whether it will last that long.In such a desperate situ,the butler has run to his master for advice.This is what has been planned:

Only a grand international "coup" can save the hide of MMS and his capo.If he can pull out of his turban a "dove" with Pak,it will be a sensational success both at home and internationally.It will also cement the US's gameplan for the region.Not too long ago,Adm.Mullen was told by his Chinese pals that they-the US should look after the western part of the Pacific,while the Chinese would look after the eastern half AND the Indian Ocean! Thus sharing the security of Asia and ensuring no US intervention in Chinese affairs.Pak is central to the PRC plan.It is also central to the US's retreat from Af-Pak,a retreat which the US wants with "honour" and not in the sad, sordid shalmeful, manner in which they fled Saigon! Therefore keeping the Pakis happy is the first priority of the US.With India under butler Singh abandoning its
independent foreign policy for a few crumbs from Yanqui tables ,Pak must get what it lusts after,the valley of Kahsmir-perhaps in creeping stages ,when a loosening of Indian control over the Valley will see in the future a sudden uprising that would be almost impossible to contain as we've seen just now in Egypt.It is not a coincidence that it was revealed by the UL Telegraph nwspaper that the US has for three years secretly plotted to overthrow Mubarak,after he served his usefulness,discarded like a condom! Man Mubarak Singh has also almost served his usefulness as his popularity in india is almost non-existant,with even the media atacking him with gusto.The US has seen that he is a spent force and on his last legs.Therefore operation "Sell-out" has been given the highest priority and Thimpu is meant to put into motion the sell-out of India.
Last edited by archan on 16 Feb 2011 21:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Keep those insulting nicknames to yourself, please.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

A_Gupta wrote:
Dilbu wrote:It wasn't clear whether jail officials delivered the flowers to Qadri.
How about sending him a basket of mangos? :twisted:
No need for overkill, sirjee.

A tube of KY ought to make him delirious.

He is already one happy assassin, with his place firmly booked in the hereafter with 72 unmanageable virgins.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Wrong thread.
Regrets.
Last edited by Gagan on 14 Feb 2011 20:29, edited 2 times in total.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Shiv, an article to add to your collection:
http://tazeen-tazeen.blogspot.com/2011/ ... hills.html
To give you a flavor:
In Islamabad, people, at least the ones that I come across to, generally assume that you have a driver and a cook and if you happen to mention that you have neither, they don’t know how to respond.
Something else worth noticing is that more men dye their hair in the capital than they do it in Karachi. If one is perceptive, there is a pattern to be observed. On Monday mornings, men would be sporting jet black moustaches but as the week progresses, their white roots would start peeking and by Friday evening, they would be quite visible, come Monday morning and all the mustaches would be miraculously black again.
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

To be fair to CRamS, I think he is pointing to expat Indians in USA, who "threaten/shout/deride/throw him out". If I am wrong, CRamSji, please point it out. So all this talk about subtle tactic in swinging public opinion among non-Bharatyia Americans really does not apply to what CRamSji is saying, if I am correct in my interpretation.

One of the fallacies of the argument that "not being subtle" delegtimizes or discredits your side of the argument and intended outcome - is the failure to realize why you are forced to be "subtle". Are you saying things which are likely to be rejected anyway so essentially being subtle means cutting out exactly those parts that you know will be rejected by the target audience? If those parts also happen to be a part of your core argument - are you not essentially conniving in your own collaboration with the very argument that you want to defeat?

I have observed several of these semi-public debates/interaction within what would be deemed "western" audiences. It is mostly the "Indian" component of such audiences which react violently against anything that may make them look not loyal enough to what they assume is the dominant "western" viewpoint. Many are also perhaps motvated by a need to be seen as loyal to the Congress/"secular" whiff then prevailing from desh.

I will give it to "desi" origin apologists or hagiographers - that they have extra pinnae with extraordinary ability to pick up "subtle nuances" that could seem to blacken the spotless kurtas of anyone from the dynasty, or the band of faithful courtier intellectuals and academics and media that work as the means of public sphere control on behalf of the dynasty. So the "subtle" method will not work, if it is seen to be - rightly or wrongly - criticizing or exposing the official stance. Sensitive issues like Pakistan and USA will be at the top of the list for detection.

So if you want to criticize whats going on between USA and Pakistan don't criticize it from the non-Centre-Left Indian viewpoint. Strike at the fundamental fears of western societies - their fears of being "racially" swamped by a flow of Pakistanis [stories of love jihad would be most effective - believe me!], their fears of having to put their "boys" in a hell-hole called Pakistan [describe living conditions and operational conditions as well as treatment of prisoners in Paki hands], and their most exquisite jealousy about the "misuse" of their "taxes". Indian lackeys will have nothing to protest on these lines, and you need not be very "subtle".

How do I do these - I have learnt to put them to shame and show up their own pitiful or deceptive stances and thought processes - using their own much acclaimed values. It works. But you should be able to reel off examples and illustrations impromptu. Simply keep firing until they begin to nod their heads in agreement [something the desi apologist would never do].
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

shiv wrote:Thank you Einstein. In case you did not notice - I am talking about why repeatedly listening to those reasons (which I have heard for over 30 years) is completely meaningless and they are merely naive lectures given to fellow Indians by innocent and well meaning Indian Americans who believe that if only Indian understood America and behaved differently things would be different. In the long term India will be India just as America is America, And America will have to adjust to the Indian way. This is not about understanding and friendship. At a fundamental level there is a war between India and America in areas where Indian an American interests collide.
It takes an Einstein to recognize another Einstein. But what to do, sometimes it does make a person an Einstein, if one is not careful enough, while he reads your posts. Your well known takleef towards US based NRIs would be noticeable even from Moon. To a person it is lecturing but to another it is 'giving reasons'. I can construe all your posts in BRF as lectures to us Einsteins.

It is clear Indian and American interests used to be different. Even an Einstein can figure one that out. Please go ahead with your patronizing tone and lectures to us US NRIs.
Last edited by SwamyG on 14 Feb 2011 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

So Bakistan who is crying hoarse over following international law over Redmond daves is now in a soup. How are they now going to preach to India and
beg for Rahat fatee ali khan to be released.
After all this chap was not even traveling on diplomatic passport and was trying to make money out of Kafir India. Good for him would be reaction of most of the mango Pakis while RAPE considers these singers as from Kotha/Mujra days.
Moreover this is a very irritating offense where you can't even claim that there was a conspiracy to malign you especially when you have been a part of Aman ka tamasha.
GuruPrabhu
BRFite

Post by GuruPrabhu »

pardon me folks while I indulge in some of my own Shadenf<glub glub> watching this toofan in a kulhad about Arnab and his handling of a US-Pak tiff.

It is sort of like watching an Aus-Pak cricket match. One can get seriously Schizo<glub glub> trying to decide who to support. :mrgreen:
GuruPrabhu
BRFite

Post by GuruPrabhu »

This Rat Phatee Hui G@@nd chappie was probably taking back $$ obtained from converting fake Indian currency in hawala.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

India via its intelligence agency RAW is claimed to be luring armed Pakistani nationals across the LOC/International border in order to implicate Pakistan in cross border terrorism .

So reports the Associated Press of Pakistan which is the “Official” mouth piece of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan:
India creating espionage cells in Pakistan

ISLAMABAD, Feb 14 (APP): ………………………..

RAW, the Indian agency responsible for espionage operations in Pakistan, was trying to lure locals to cross over to India through the Line of Control (LoC) in Kashmir or the Working Boundary along with weapons.

The objective of such an exercise was obviously to malign Pakistan over charges of cross-border terrorism in Kashmir or even the Indian hinterland by conducting fake encounters. ………………………..

According to sources, the persistent Indian focus on luring armed Pakistani nationals across the working boundary in Sialkot area as well as various sectors of the LoC in Kashmir indicates to the Indian fixation for implicating Pakistan in manipulated acts of terrorism.

Such operations obviously aimed at raising an alarm that infiltration of armed ‘terrorists’ from Pakistan were fanning the widespread popular unrest in the Indian held Kashmir as well as precipitating acts of terrorism within India. ……………….

APP
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Gagan wrote:Even if we are "there", more is to be gained by being inside the tent than standing alone in a corner and being a bad boy (Which is what China and Pakistan are doing).

India seems to have understood that and is doing just fine.
Pakistan is milking them to the order of $3 billion a year. China's total export to them is over $1 trillion with hundreds of billion in trade surplus, the main reason of China's rise in last 30 years.

What has India gained by being nice? The 5 head of states who visited us last year collectively milked us (o.k. we will get planes and trains in the bargain) to the tune of $100 billion.
Last edited by Dipanker on 14 Feb 2011 21:06, edited 1 time in total.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

Rahat Fateh Ali Khan released
internationally acclaimed singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan who had been detained in India for over 25 hours was released on Monday, Geo News reported.
However, the singer was released today but his passport still remains with the Indian authorities. He has been summoned again for investigation on February 17. Two more persons along with Rahat Fateh were also released including his manager Sri Vastava.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

Pakistan: Call to take measures for boosting banana export
Pakistan is among the largest banana producing countries of the world and if the government takes appropriate measures Pakistan could export huge quantity of bananas to central Asian countries, Iran and Afghanistan. Officials at Ministry of Food and Agriculture told Business Recorder that many farmers in Sindh province were shifting to banana cultivation as they could grow it all year. With more than 349,000 hectares, Pakistan is among the leading banana producing countries of the world. Sindh is the largest banana producing region in Pakistan as 90 percent of the total banana is being produced in this province. With the adoption of new techniques Sindh could produce an extra 350,000 tons of bananas each year.
Banana republic will not export bananas?
jrjrao
BRFite

Post by jrjrao »

Pakis begin their well-practiced downhill skiing:

Pakistan Starts to Pave the Way for Detained American's Release

Pakistan ruling party softens over US gunman

Davis enjoys immunity: Fauzia Wahab
Fauzia Wahab further said that United States is the biggest market of Pakistani products. A large number of Pakistanis are living there, she said and added that 80 percent remittance of Pakistan came from the US.
I guess the US threat to really start making the Pakis eat grass in the year 2011 was just too terrifying for the Pakis to contemplate....
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Published on Feb 14, 2011
Pakistan Starts to Pave the Way for Detained American's Release: ABC News
The spokesperson for Pakistan's ruling party invoked the Geneva Convention and diplomatic immunity for the first time today as a possible avenue for the U.S. to secure the release of Raymond Davis, the American diplomat who allegedly gunned down two Pakistani men last month.

Fauzia Wahab, a spokesperson for the Pakistan People Party, said that no diplomat can be kept in captivity and that Davis has an official diplomatic visa. The U.S. State Department has been demanding Davis' release based on the same points since the Jan. 25 shooting incident, but today marks the first time a prominent Pakistani official publicly backed the international agreement in Davis' case.
Gila nahi hai to ab pant gila ho jayega! PPP is going to be hit again! In fact, even ISI may oblige this time!
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

who is Sri Vastava?
I like the way it is split :)
maybe he comes from Tiruchirapalli, Mizoram?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

jrjrao wrote:Pakis begin their well-practiced downhill skiing:

Pakistan Starts to Pave the Way for Detained American's Release

Pakistan ruling party softens over US gunman

Davis enjoys immunity: Fauzia Wahab
Fauzia Wahab further said that United States is the biggest market of Pakistani products. A large number of Pakistanis are living there, she said and added that 80 percent remittance of Pakistan came from the US.
I guess the US threat to really start making the Pakis eat grass in the year 2011 was just too terrifying for the Pakis to contemplate....
Well - it appears that when the US calls a Packee a dog, the meaning is that the Packee is a dog and will heel. Once the Pakis do their massive downhill ski - it will be good for a laugh, but it also means that Pakis are signing their letters to the US as:
I remain,

Your humble servant

Pakistan
That means more weapons. More money. And "international support" for an intact Pakistan.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Rahat Fateh Ali Khan -
Zee: RFAK was entering the country.
Khan, who is a hit Bollywood playback singer, arrived here on a flight from Karachi and was intercepted by personnel from Directorate of Revenue Intelligence acting on some prior information, official sources said
Geo TV: RFAK was leaving the country.
Rahat Fateh Ali was detained here at Indira Gandhi airport on Sunday for possessing 124,000 US dollars, higher than the permissible limit, when he arrived at the airport to board for a flight to Karachi.
Which is correct???????
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Knowing he is Paki its both. Entering and leaving!
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

What happens to the Pee Pee Pee and Zardari now?

There must be a lot of people in Pakistan wanting to holler "ploody moider, Zardari is selling out by releasing Rai-mond Davees onlee" tonight.

Is there going to be a tamasha tomorrow?
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

The Pakistani perception of India had been once summed up by one of their Inter Services Intelligence chiefs -- Javed Nasir, the man was behind the Mumbai blasts in 1993 -- who said that 'you lick the Indians, they kick you; and if you kick the Indians, they lick you'.
Was this said in a public forum? Any idea when Shri Nasir had said this?
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

A_Gupta wrote: Objectively speaking, what all has India lost because of Sharm-el-Sheikh?
Are you on some high-potency hallucinating stuff this Valentine's day or what :-)? What has India lost? At the very least, 26/11 is now history and there has been an equivalence with Samjotha? Isn't that loss enough? What more do you need?
Last edited by archan on 14 Feb 2011 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: relax sirjee. Keep the answer as calm as the question at least?
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

sanjaykumar wrote:A strategy based on pique at western double standards is bound for failure, irrespective of how sucessful it may be in irritating the target audience. The same facts presented as a threat to their self-interest, enlightened or otherwise will be successful. An approach of 'we Indians are damned but we welcome you to perdition' will now finding receptive minds.

To 'humour' centered on Blacks, the Muslim stereotype has been added as legitimate among Whites. As an Indian/non-Muslim albeit Brown, you may be privy to this 'wit'. I certainly have first hand experience of a hardening of the multiculturism ethic, mostly restricted to Muslims (as of now). Mumbai 2008 was a propaganda coup for the oily, SDRE. The westerner breathed a huge sigh of relief that these billion Browns are in the same boat. You could see 'potential ally' in their eyes. Indians need to learn to be less strident and more subtle in using this cultural shift to their strategic ends.

Western and Indian interests are confluent and congruent over Pakistan, democracy, free markets, China; the English language can only add to India's acceptability to the inner sanctum of western world view ie the Anglosphere.

But Indians need to first decide whether they want to fight the war of 1857 or the wars of the 21 st century.
Indians have to learn all the lessons of war of 1857 and fight the war of the 21st century
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

+1
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

brihaspati wrote:To be fair to CRamS, I think he is pointing to expat Indians in USA, who "threaten/shout/deride/throw him out". If I am wrong, CRamSji, please point it out. So all this talk about subtle tactic in swinging public opinion among non-Bharatyia Americans really does not apply to what CRamSji is saying, if I am correct in my interpretation.
You are right. But there is a reason why some level of subtlety is needed. And thats because of the sheer potency of "South Asianitis". The only gathering where US heavyweights appear to rub shoulders with SDREs is during "South Asia" events. Very rarely will you find state dept heavyweights, ex-diplomats etc appearing in any NRI nationalist gathering.

And the pre-dominant theme during such 'South Asia' gatherings is the equal equal. The entire narrative is about India TSP peace; its a total amalgamation of every issue that India TSP are afflicted with: from poverty, to women's rights, religious extremism, child labor to whatever. Its a perfect colonial setting setting with the only difference is that its the SDREs who sing the colonial tune.

Thus, any attempt to make India the exceptional case in a setting like that, like American exceptionalism, will be considered so illogical worthy of ridicule. In other words, anybody putting the emphasis on TSP-sponsored terror will be basically seen as putting the cart before the horse (which suits TSP just fine). This is the panaromic view of the western colonilaist; oh these Hindus and Muslims are at the each other's thraots, they are afflcited by so many problems etc etc. Thats why there is terrorism on "both sides". You mention LET, they will mention Modi.

And by far, some of the most voluble argumentative SDREs in these gatherings are SDRE wannabe feminists. These chics, blindly aping their white feminist sisters, think they are taking on the mantle of oppression by hitting out at Indian nationalism, even mocking those who point out TSP crimes. (Little do these SDRE feminist pygmies realize that their white feminist sisters derive their power from American exceptionalism).

In a setting like that, in comes CRamS and berates Muslim extremism for the India's travails in the Kashmir valley. Can you imagine the rage this would set in those "South Asians". They go into a tizzy, a God-given opportunity to show off their egalitarianism, their secularism, you name it. So a counter reaction from me only gets me thrown out as has happened many times. Thats why a subtler appraoch might help. But then again, these are just minute baby steps. The real change has to come from Delhi.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

the lesson to be learnt is from 1757 not 1857
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

jrjrao wrote: Fauzia Wahab further said that United States is the biggest market of Pakistani products. A large number of Pakistanis are living there, she said and added that 80 percent remittance of Pakistan came from the US.
In a later interview to ARY, Fouzia Wahab said that she made these statements in "her personal capacity".

So a downhill ski while doing a downhill ski :rotfl:

Shiv-ji
Fikar not. This issue is not going to die out that soon. Lahore High court is filled with species of two types: Kangaroos and Jihadis. For them to release Raymond Davis, the foreign office should write to them saying that he has diplomatic immunity. As a first step for that to be done, Shah Mahmood Qureshi was sent packing. If such a letter is written, Badmash will go to town with it, the pious will all be enraged about their H&D. This is a real pickle.

Sometimes I wish we had some RAA agents as columnists/TV reporters to stoke up the H&D brigade further!

I think the best option is for the family to accept blood money and forgive Raymond Davis. Even that is unlikely without ISI disappearing some of the family members.
anandsgh
BRFite

Post by anandsgh »

http://www.dawn.com/2011/02/14/obama-un ... -2012.html

Paki newspaper giving the analysis of US 2012 budget. Feels like the dog is stretching its tongue when master is dining! :)
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Got to shoo the kids away if the new For-e-Djinn Wazir of Pakistan is going to, um, be with Hilary-amma like that dickhead predecessor of hers'.... :oops:

On a lighter note, this appointment by kiyani tells us a lot about the importance of that position in his mind. Nothing like an "entertainment and hospitality industry" pro at the helm, when one needs to meet bottom lines 8) (any puns y'all see are.... oh what the heck)
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

CramS,
The only gathering where US heavyweights appear to rub shoulders with SDREs is during "South Asia" events
our biggest problem then is the Indians who have been South Asianized (rhymes with Euthinized). This is where our real weakness is. It is relatively less important to change US heavyweights. Unfortunately, there is an abundant supply of S.Asianized Indians, eager to do japphi pappi with the TSP'ians. They are all brought up on the milk of MKG's non-violense and INC's potion of petrified sleep-induced inaction.

The disease is far to deep to be susceptible to an easy solution---it has been the very basic design flaw of modern post-1947 India. It is not a flaw that can not be easily rectified. The whole thought process of a mass of Indians is itself conditioned by those the MKG/INC world-view, which in turn judges all new information and events in that light. The framewok itself needs to go. TSP is helping by all the blasts to chip away at it, but we hope that we can change without the trauma of TSP-sponsored atank.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

CRamS wrote:
A_Gupta wrote: Objectively speaking, what all has India lost because of Sharm-el-Sheikh?
Are you on some high-potency hallucinating stuff this Valentine's day or what :-)? What has India lost? At the very least, 26/11 is now history and there has been an equivalence with Samjotha? Isn't that loss enough? What more do you need?
Firstly, Sharm-el-Sheikh did not bring about an equivalence of 26/11 with the Samjhauta bombing. Other events did.

Secondly, 26/11 is not history. Discussing 26/11 is a condition for further talks.
Nandu
BRF Oldie

Post by Nandu »

A_Gupta wrote:New evidence in the Aafia Siddiqui case:
http://www.counterpunch.org/brittain02142011.html
Has counterpunch always been so Paki-centric, or is it a recent infestation?