News - Osama Bin Laden - killed In Pakistan

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Re: Breaking News - Osama Bin Laden - killed In Pakistan

Postby Sanku » 05 May 2011 17:21

Pranav wrote:
Sanku wrote:Pranav; what according to you should have been ACMs reply to a direct question?

The interviewer should have been told not to ask such a question, at least for a few weeks. Not such a big deal, but still it was predictable that the Paks would try to salvage some H&D by blustering at the Yindoos.

Well, in India, that it self would be news which the newspapers would have printed with its won consequences.

And yes, its predictable that Pakis will as usual, take any straw and wave it about like a torn page from a holy book while behaving like total lunatics. Is India to care about every little nonsense they now put up?
As it is we put up with far greater nonsense than is needed.

Sorry, lets please not get overboard with this sort of convoluted thinking.

Sanku
BRF Oldie

Postby Sanku » 05 May 2011 17:23

Aaryan wrote:Thanks for understanding my point.

Asking questions which sound very much like what Pakis would does not add value friend. If you want to add value, kindly do some basic homework and ask more meaningful questions.

BRF in general has little patience for newbies, even though people are far less edgy now. A few years back you would have had the sky crash on your head for the sort of posts that you have made.

Thanks for understanding everybody else's point.

CRamS
BRF Oldie

Postby CRamS » 05 May 2011 17:29

abhishek_sharma wrote:Paki Ambassador to US Husain Haqqani (Video)

http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/11655

Summary:

1. We are worried about our eastern neighbor. That is why we were not thinking about OBL. :rotfl:
2. Some low-level people were helping OBL. The state of Pakistan is not involved in this OBL affair. :rotfl:
3. We were worried about intrusion from the east. That is why we could not detect American intrusion from the west. :rotfl:

When I hear this often repetaed India "threat". it makes my blood boil. I mean one can't expect an establishment charming idiot like Charlie Rose to ask the obvious question, vut if TSP is so scared of India, the least it can do is to clean up the terror infrastructure it has nurtured against India, hand over the perpetrators of 26/11 and other terrorist acts to India.

rajanb
BRFite

Postby rajanb » 05 May 2011 17:31

This is the twist in the drama that I was worried about. Some uneducated Unkil morons saying that terrorism would have been lesser if the Kashmir issue had been sorted out.

And all this happening when, and this was confirmed in Arnab Goswami's show last night, that successive governments after I K Gujral have diluted our R&AW assets actually degrading our covert capabilities. At least someone admitted that we were indulging in covert action earlier.

Add to that our IAF and IN having depleted force capabilities. Less combat aircraft and submarines.

This is going to mean we have to indulge in hectic diplomacy. (Educate and cajole Burger loving morons)

Ofcourse, we can always return to the hug of the bear (Ruskies). In 1971, when Nixon sent an aircraft carrier to the Bay of Bengal, a couple of Russian military assets were trailing them at a very close distance. When the Yanks asked the Ruskies to back off, the Ruskies thumbed their noses and said in international waters they could come as close as possible.

Nothing like a powerful India, but under the circumstances these politics make for complicated relationships and strange bedfellows.

But on the brighter side, our Armed Forces know how to, and love kicking butt. :D
Last edited by rajanb on 05 May 2011 17:37, edited 1 time in total.

rajanb
BRFite

Postby rajanb » 05 May 2011 17:36

It seems we love listening to Pakis on news channels just for the sake of seeing them squirm. Nice CTs.

But am rather disappointed by the three major english nooze channels. AG rises magnificiently above average from time to time. VS and RS disappoint terribly.

Mush was a case in point yesterday. AG, who is normally tough was so docile. he should have ripped Mush apart, politely, coldly, decently.

But that was a downer on an otherwise good show.

CRamS
BRF Oldie

Postby CRamS » 05 May 2011 17:40

I think they have ridden this through. It seems to me that Obama & Co and that includes the kep players: pentagon/CIA, have decided to go easy on TSP for the moment. Note the ones making huge anti-TSP noises are those in the media, with of course, a wink wink nod nod from govt officials. So basically, TSP is on the dock, but out of trouble for the moment.

If US wants to, it can solve the whole AfPak in a heartbeat. Just tell TSP that it is the problem both in Afganisthan and any more hanky panky will not be tolerated. Perhaphs that message is being delivered in private. Lets wait & see.

As for terror against India, I think TSP will lie low, Hafeez Saeed & Co will get to smell the roses in Rawilpind GHQ headquarters, he will be given Peshawari virgins from time to time to keep him happy, and at some opportune moment in the future, operations will resume. In the meantime, US will work on MMS to reward TSP in some way, shape, or form. IMO, thats what is in store for India, and TSP will milk the "piss" process to get whatever advantage it can. And there are enough WKKs & RNIs in India as willing collaboraters in this fraud.

Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Postby Chandragupta » 05 May 2011 17:43

shiv wrote:
Pranav wrote:Why give them an opportunity to bluster.

Pranav - there are many layers here and I believe you are ignoring that. Pakistan's knee jerk reaction to something said by an Indian armed force chief was hardly a warning. It was a little fart in India's sirection on the lines of "There will be catastrophe". of course there will - for Pakistan.

But the TV media (Times Now, CNNN/IBN) have dhoti-soilingly referred to that statement as ""hitting back at India" and "warning India". Our media are full of idiots - who are either looking to provoke a reaction or themselves interpret such statements as "warnings' or "backlash" or "demarche". A very large number of Indians seem to see their own nation as weak and powerless and other as strong and the media reflect that. It really should have been reported as Paki bluster of Paki bravado and laughed off - but it flashed ever 3 seconds on TV as "Pakistan warns India".

Saar, why do you think this weakness has crept in? Common man fully well knows we can do some really nasty things to Pakistan. He also knows that the last time Pakis committed hara kiri with India as a nuclear power (Kargil), they got their asses handed out to them on a platter. So I don't buy your point that a large number of Indians see India as weak & powerless. They may admire/awed by US & it's glamorous, bad ass way of going around protecting its interests, but nobody considers India as weak. Our armed forces are well respected, almost revered by the common man. I am not talking about the IT-Vity yuppies who soil their pants by the mere mention of the word war because it would mean less business from their paymasters in the States. We should not question the intellect of the commons. They may not be as astute & knowledgeable like the gurus at BRF but nobody considers Pakistan as anything more than a nuisance. The problem may be that like our leadership, most people in India are also confused & do not have a coherent 'Pakistan policy' if I may put it that way. Jmtp.

Pranav
BRF Oldie

Postby Pranav » 05 May 2011 17:46

sanjeevpunj wrote:Next please.........I want to hear how D company kingpin went the way OBL went.

But Netas need Hawala services.

Surya
BRF Oldie

Postby Surya » 05 May 2011 17:49

Guys can we have a thread for the cartoons of Pak treachery

where is that India today cartoon of years ago which showed the bombs being passed on

I need all in one place for easy dessemination :)

Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Postby Sushupti » 05 May 2011 18:11

US puts off FBI chief’s scheduled visit to India

The Obama administration feels that it may be taken as sign of its weakening ties with Pakistan

http://www.tehelka.com/story_main49.asp ... RORISM.asp

rajanb
BRFite

Postby rajanb » 05 May 2011 18:19

Unkil showing his true colours. His b@lls again in Pakis hands. :rotfl:

shiv
BRF Oldie

Postby shiv » 05 May 2011 18:46

Chandragupta wrote:
Saar, why do you think this weakness has crept in? Common man fully well knows we can do some really nasty things to Pakistan.

Sorry saar. Where is the evidence that any man, common or uncommon feels this way? I see only howls that we are weak. To be honest I have heard this "common man feels X" and "common man feels Y" for too long and find no evidence that this common man's feeling is increasing its area. Only the crapping remains. I look around at the media and even on here and I see mainly fear, anxiety, worry about traitors and the great strength of Pakistan China and the US froma significant number of people who seem to outnumber those who, like you, are able to hold a different and more confident view of the nation.

I personally don't need your reassurance about India's strengths. I only don't believe this "common man" is like this therefore al iz well.. It has no effect on the media or on our elite who are the prime pant browners of our country. Anxiety, worry everywhere. Our covert capability is gone. Our TN does not work. Our tests were insufficient. Our squadron strength is falling. Polticians are weak. they are traitors. Babus are corrupt Pakistan will do this. US will do that. China will do its bit.

I have got so used to hearing that even on here that I ignore it. But I cannot ignore the signal it gives me. It tells me that everyone has got his pet worries about India's weakness. To my mind having a large number of people thinking like this precludes strong action. A weak people do not take kindly to strong words or action. Even the service chiefs statement that we can do covert spl ops stuff gets the reaction "Oh! Why say things that will make Pak bluster" wft? :shock:
Last edited by shiv on 05 May 2011 19:03, edited 1 time in total.

krithivas
BRFite

Postby krithivas » 05 May 2011 18:53

^^^
Indian limitations are self-imposed, and not grounded to reality, we have been led to think we can only punch below our weight.

If we think we are strong, we will be strong. If we think we are weak, we will be weak (Swami Vivekananda).

shiv
BRF Oldie

Postby shiv » 05 May 2011 19:00

krithivas wrote:If we think we are strong, we will be strong. If we think we are weak, we will be weak (Swami Vivekananda).

Absolutely.

Pranav
BRF Oldie

Postby Pranav » 05 May 2011 19:00

Chandragupta wrote:Saar, why do you think this weakness has crept in?

Saar, one needs to be strong and also smart. Saddam also thought he was strong, and US Ambassador April Glaspie was happy to encourage his line of thinking.

HarshS
BRFite -Trainee

How did it go from Baghram to the Carl Vinson?

Postby HarshS » 05 May 2011 19:18

I've beeen reading this thread for three days, and while I can't comment on other things, I'm curious about the connection to the Carl Vinson.

The Helis reach Baghram around 1030 US time. Less than ten hours later the body's tipped into the see. HOw much time did the body spend in Afghanistan. How was the corpse flown to the Carl Vinson--couldn't be a helicopter--and the Pakis may have refused to allow it. Was it a COD plane that landed on the Vinson. Again, the plane flew from Afghanistan to the Vinson, but a COD is a prop plane, which would have taken time. And would the PAF have allowed it, especially if they knew. Again, the washing, clothing at the Vinson would have taken time. The body would have been taken from the plane--taken to some "head", washed, cleaned, bought back up, etc. Too much time. You couldn't have hosed the body on the deck in front of everyone. Also, wouldn't everyone in the Vinson know about this.

So, the last leg of OBL's journey isn't clear to me. The last leg of Saddam's journey was clear. His hanged body was put in a coffin and flown by a helicopter to Tikrit. Not sure about the timelines and the transportation here.

rajithn
BRFite

Postby rajithn » 05 May 2011 19:23

Quote:Asking questions which sound very much like what Pakis would does not add value friend. If you want to add value, kindly do some basic homework and ask more meaningful questions.
Does this mean this is a private forum meant only for people who were members when BRF was started?
Does this mean you wont give a new person the benefit of the doubt and probably educate him (ref: Aaryan)? The man (without jumping to conclusion on where he is from) has come here for a reason. Wouldnt it be better to spend a couple of posts bringing him up to speed, treating him civil and if he continues to troll/flame then come down on him? [Instead, I saw honorable BRFites pounce on him for his "grammar", for God's sake!!] What if he is indeed that one extra Indian who doesnt want to "shiver in his dhotis" anymore? Wouoldnt you want him here - one more who has seen the light - rather than subscribe to the DDMs and WKKs?????
Sad! :(

sourab_c
BRFite

Postby sourab_c » 05 May 2011 19:25

And we're back to square one:

EU stands by Pakistan despite Osama bin Laden doubts

EU giving Pakistan the benefit of the doubt.

The only thing that will come out of this whole incident is that US will gain some extra leverage when dealing with Pakistan regarding its commitments to the WOT. Nothing else will change. Pakistan will continue to sponsor terrorism, receive aid and arm itself against India.

rajithn
BRFite

Postby rajithn » 05 May 2011 19:26

Pranav wrote:
sanjeevpunj wrote:Next please.........I want to hear how D company kingpin went the way OBL went.

But Netas need Hawala services.

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Add to that: Insurance that kaskar must have spirited away somewhere with instructions to leak it if something untoward happened to him! Wikileaks will pale in comparison for the amount of dirt this man must have put away on our netas!

rajanb
BRFite

Postby rajanb » 05 May 2011 19:29

Square One was always my line in previous posts. No one listened or commented on it. :-?

Only thing that has changed is OBL is dead.

rajithn
BRFite

Postby rajithn » 05 May 2011 19:29

sourab_c wrote:And we're back to square one:

The only thing that will come out of this whole incident is that US will gain some extra leverage when dealing with Pakistan regarding its commitments to the WOT. Nothing else will change. Pakistan will continue to sponsor terrorism, receive aid and arm itself against India.

^ +1
As has been oft repeated here..the end result would be that this will allow the US to squeeze the porkis when necessary for their (or broader US and EU/NATO) interests. If India's need suits the US need at any specific point int he future then the US will squeeze the porkis - not out of goodness of heart for us but simply quid pro quo

shiv
BRF Oldie

Re: How did it go from Baghram to the Carl Vinson?

Postby shiv » 05 May 2011 19:31

HarshS wrote:I've beeen reading this thread for three days, and while I can't comment on other things, I'm curious about the connection to the Carl Vinson.

Certainly a lot of unanswered questions in this regard.

The interesting thing is that from Abbotabad it is 70Km to the Indian border, 200 km to the Afghan border and 1200 km to the Arabian sea.

i wonder. I just wonder....

Anyhow - a transport could have flown from Afghanistan to Bahrain and then via helo a few tens of km to the Carl Vinson in the "Northern Arabian Sea"
Last edited by shiv on 05 May 2011 19:37, edited 1 time in total.

rajithn
BRFite

Postby rajithn » 05 May 2011 19:32

rajanb wrote:Square One was always my line in previous posts. No one listened or commented on it. :-?

US :+1
Porkis: +1 (they will make it +1 in a few months)
India: -1 (expect porkis to become belligerent eastwards for all the kameez soiling. They will look east so that we dont see those soiled kameezs too)

shiv
BRF Oldie

Postby shiv » 05 May 2011 19:36

Let me stick my neck out by saying this - I think terrorism against non Pakistani targets is becoming less sustainable and more unproductive. There will be attacks but I think we are likely to see a petering out. However I do expect the struggle to shift inside Pakistan where there will be infighting especially against the army . The US will try and strengthen the Pak army against those forces.

krithivas
BRFite

Postby krithivas » 05 May 2011 19:42

Disagree - However we might disagree with the Indian PM, He played this round very well by not wavering from his path of dialog (whether it is conviction or for external consumption or otherwise is another point). He was not caught up in the moment. Pakis lost big time.

India came out unscathed.
USA +2
Porkis -3
India +1

rajithn wrote:
rajanb wrote:Square One was always my line in previous posts. No one listened or commented on it. :-?

India: -1 (expect porkis to become belligerent eastwards for all the kameez soiling. They will look east so that we dont see those soiled kameezs too)

arunsrinivasan
BRFite

Postby arunsrinivasan » 05 May 2011 19:47

shiv wrote:

Let me stick my neck out by saying this - I think terrorism against non Pakistani targets is becoming less sustainable and more unproductive. There will be attacks but I think we are likely to see a petering out. However I do expect the struggle to shift inside Pakistan where there will be infighting especially against the army . The US will try and strengthen the Pak army against those forces.

Shiv, I hope you are right. My belief is also that sooner or later TSP's strategy will start to give diminishing returns & combined with internal backlash, forcing them to stop their terror export. I had hoped 9/11 was that tipping point, unfortunately it wasn't, but their ability to fool the west has significantly decreased. They may still be able to continue their terror export for some time, but not sure it can be for much longer, my gut feel is another few years at the most, am hoping it will be less than that. Lets see...

Klaus
BRF Oldie

Postby Klaus » 05 May 2011 19:52

IMO TSPA will try and get more involved in GCC developments, watch out for statements from Kayani offering to send extra divisions to Bahrain or KSA over and above the 2 divisions already committed. They are going to try and bury their noses in paper-pushing and their backsides below the radar for the next month or so atleast.

Expect some above-normal aggression in Balochisthan and activity on the Iranian border too. Pretentious shuffling of the feet to dispel dark thoughts in the mind or something like that. JMHO.

habal
BRF Oldie

Postby habal » 05 May 2011 19:53

MMS has played his cards well. For US and CIA there is no looking back from this stage. This is one humilitation TSPA will find hard to retrieve itself from. The US-Pak relation at every level will now carry this underlined animosity and betrayal. So much so that Paki diplomats cannot even feign to be RAPE-like and laugh away ignoring this elephant in the room.

Americans may have pre-poned any action against Pakistan with this move. They may have planned to invade baluchistan and release it from TSP control as part of 'extended Arab spring' at some later date, but now that will have to be preponed to help access Afghanistan without Pakistan's assistance.

Whole world takes anti-Pakistan stance but India (atleast Prime Minister) & China do not attack Pakistan openly and try to give it cover.
Last edited by habal on 05 May 2011 19:55, edited 1 time in total.

Pranay
BRFite

Postby Pranay » 05 May 2011 19:54

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/05/world ... &ref=world

Pakistani Military Investigates How Bin Laden Was Able to Hide in Plain View
By CARLOTTA GALL
Published: May 4, 2011

ABBOTTABAD, Pakistan — The Pakistani military has taken charge of investigations into the circumstances that allowed Osama bin Laden to reside quietly in a three-story house on the edge of this town, officials here said. Military intelligence investigators returned to the house on Wednesday and spent most of the day working inside the compound, while the army and the police barred journalists and others from approaching the area.

The intelligence agencies have detained at least 11 people for questioning, including an immediate neighbor who once worked with the family and the construction manager who built the house, Pakistani news organizations reported.

The men and the compound do seem to have on occasion drawn the attention of intelligence agencies. Both Afghan and Pakistani officials have said they had pointed out the compound as one of interest to C.I.A. officials in previous years.

Pakistan’s foreign secretary, Salman Bashir, told the BBC that officials had indicated it as suspicious in 2009, and as a possible hide-out for Bin Laden, although there were “millions” of other suspected locations.

An Afghan intelligence official told Agence-France Presse that Afghan intelligence pinpointed the compound last August, but that officials thought a senior Taliban commander, Maulavi Abdul Kabir, was living there.

“The house that Osama bin Laden was killed in was pinpointed for the first time by Afghan intelligence,” the official told the news agency, which said the official declined to be named because of the delicacy of the issue.

Afghan agents living in an old refugee camp in the nearby town of Haripur carried out surveillance of the house, he said.

He said that Afghan intelligence’s information about the house “was shared with the Americans and they showed lots of interest,” but that Afghan spies had not been involved in the subsequent investigations or operation, the news agency reported.

Afghan Intelligence Agencies showing their reach and effectiveness within Pakistan...
Last edited by Pranay on 05 May 2011 19:55, edited 1 time in total.

Sanku
BRF Oldie

Postby Sanku » 05 May 2011 19:55

rajithn wrote:
Quote:Asking questions which sound very much like what Pakis would does not add value friend. If you want to add value, kindly do some basic homework and ask more meaningful questions.
Does this mean this is a private forum meant only for people who were members when BRF was started?
Does this mean you wont give a new person the benefit of the doubt and probably educate him (ref: Aaryan)?

You are fairly transparent.

Baikul
BRFite

Postby Baikul » 05 May 2011 20:00

In my humble opinion onlee, Pakistan's presumed ability to "fool the west and the US" is a myth that does us no service.

If we believe that, then the logical corollary is that when the US/ west realize they've been fooled, they will side with India/ give up on Pakistan. This is would be a grievous error on our part.

Far as I can see, the US and west base their actions on self interest and will continue to do so. They never were fooled and they never will 'side with India'. Whatever they do, they will do because it suits them.

Sanku
BRF Oldie

Postby Sanku » 05 May 2011 20:02

Pak core commanders meet: decide to reduce US Mil presence in Pakistan.

rajithn
BRFite

Postby rajithn » 05 May 2011 20:04

You are fairly transparent.[/quote]

Whatever that means.

The intention is not to offend - merely to point out that everyone who joins here doesnt necessarily have to be an "expert" or for that matter have a great awareness/understanding. They have probably come here seeking that.

ManuT
BRFite

Postby ManuT » 05 May 2011 20:10

Aaryan wrote:Thats why i felt offended for being called paki.. Dont want to go in personal details sir but i mostly read and i write/comment only when i feel i can ask some thing worth asking or worth telling.. Its ok sir.. i have read your post and i respect you.. no hard feelings..

Consider this as hazing @ BRF :wink: , be thankful to the other posters who have weeded out the pakis over the years and kept this forum, for lack of a better word, sane.

If one is, it would come out.

ManuT
BRFite

Postby ManuT » 05 May 2011 20:14

In response to Pokhran-II to prevent a collapse in the troop morale, TSP carried out its nuclear tests.

To prevent a collapse in troop morale, this time TSP will ...

Klaus
BRF Oldie

Postby Klaus » 05 May 2011 20:17

rajithn wrote:Whatever that means.

The intention is not to offend - merely to point out that everyone who joins here doesnt necessarily have to be an "expert" or for that matter have a great awareness/understanding. They have probably come here seeking that.

Agreed. However, that does not come at the cost of trying to shorten the conventional tried and tested (& hence combat proven) learning curve that everybody goes through here at BR, I am not saying that it is intentional on the part of the newbie but BR is far from being a democracy, it is not the comments section of the electronic edition of MSM newspaper.

So as long as the newbie knows what not to do on the forum, all is well onlee.

UBanerjee
BRFite

Postby UBanerjee » 05 May 2011 20:21

rajithn wrote:

This is exactly the kind of thinking shiv ji is talking about, I think.

Why is this automatically +1 Pakistan -1 India? I can see plenty of ways this deepens the existing fissures within TSP.

ramana
Forum Moderator

Postby ramana » 05 May 2011 20:23

Sanku wrote:
Aaryan wrote:Thanks for understanding my point.

Asking questions which sound very much like what Pakis would does not add value friend. If you want to add value, kindly do some basic homework and ask more meaningful questions.

BRF in general has little patience for newbies, even though people are far less edgy now. A few years back you would have had the sky crash on your head for the sort of posts that you have made.

Thanks for understanding everybody else's point.

All,

I think we need to cut slack to newcomers or else we will be extinct as dodos. And recall all of us were newbies once. None was born already self-knowing.

And labelling folks Pakis is not helpful.

I think of the train analogy. Some of us are close to the engine while others are closer to the caboose or guard compartment. Lets be thankful they are on the tracks for the non-BRF are not even at the station! While others are at the airport.

Every new incident is an opportunity to get new members and not become a slef limiting group.

Thanks for listening,

ramana

Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Postby Lalmohan » 05 May 2011 20:24

india has been saying for some time that OBL will be found in a pakcantt. - and he was
we have been saying other things too and they are coming true
government level apart, we have already won the hearts and minds of mango gora aadmi - who in turn will (eventually) force their governments to not pamper the failed state

ramana
Forum Moderator

Postby ramana » 05 May 2011 20:25

Muppalla wrote:
Klaus wrote:I would say that TSP was beginning to use OBL in a tactical manner again vs India, atleast since 2007-2008. So all developments in J&K since then needs to be seen through this new prism, including al-Badr and stone throwing incidents.

I think you are on the dot. It was around 2005-2007 timeline there were intel reports and discussions in India's security apparatus of tackling al-quaida. I guess the sequence may be:

(1) OBL is cornered from all sides
(2) The tacit agreement between west and TSP is they will continue to ignore India specifics
(3) Hence OBL may be incharge of India ops instead of sitting idle
(4) JeM and LeT housed OBL as planned by TSPA and ISI

Infact if we think deep, this could be one of the adjustments that were executed seriously and at a faster pace to bring truce between various factions of the jihadi machine post Lal masjid.

26/11 is not completely investigated or revealed.

To add to that,
X-post...
We are not looking at the significance of OBL, HUM, LeT, OBL safehouse ownership by HUM, and location of Abbotabad to LOC. I think from 2005 he was the guiding light of Kashmir terrorists. I bet Daoud Gilani/DCH is also linked to him throught LeT. We should relook at Mumbai train blasts, 26/11 and other spectacular acts of terrorism. He could also be the brain behind Ind Mujahideen.

Return to “Trash Can Archive”