India selects Typhoon & Rafale for MMRCA shortlist - Part 2

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
arthuro
BRFite

Re: India selects Typhoon & Rafale for MMRCA shortlist - Par

Post by arthuro »

about rafale RCS it was unveiled that in the FAB (Brazilian) evaluation the rafale had the lowest RCS compared to the SH and gripen NG :
The cost of the advance

Claudio Dantas Smith and Octavio Costa

It takes the government to decide which game will equip the Air Force delays plans for defense of the country and threatens the credibility of the negotiations with the three finalists

FIGHTING Factory Dassault: 36 fighters would cost $ 10 billion

The competition for the purchase of 36 fighter jets by the FAB, estimated at $ 10 billion, seems an endless novel. In the latest chapter, the Defense Minister Nelson Jobim announced further postponement in the selection of fighters, this time to January 2010. It said the reasons for and command of the FAB remain silent so as not to break the hierarchy. The cost of this uncertainty is enormous, because it affects not only the credibility of the negotiations and delay the defense plans of the country, which sees its airspace vulnerable. "You can not stay in this litany. Whether the political criterion, either by coach, you need to resolve them, "said retired Colonel Geraldo Cavagnari, the Center for Strategic Studies at Unicamp. He explains that, once decided to purchase, will run six months until the contract is signed. For the analyst of international security Gunther Rudzītis is necessary to prevent a repeat of the failure of the FX program, held over the last year of the Cardoso government, and finally canceled in 2003. Brazil is in urgent need of a generation of fighter aircraft to ensure the safety of the heavens and their wealth in the territorial sea. ISTOÉ obtained confidential details of the offers of the finalists: the French Rafale from Dassault, the American F-18 Super Hornet, Boeing, and the Swedish Gripen NG, the Saab.

The report shows the FAB strengths and weaknesses of each plane using a color code (blue, yellow and red) instead of notes.

Of the three, the French jet introduced technology package more comprehensive and Swedish appears at first sight, had the best price. Your unit value, without the package of armaments and maintenance costs, is U.S. $ 50 million. It would be a good deal, not for the Gripen NG only one project in development. This makes it impossible to calculate their real costs and ensure compliance with deadlines. Despite the expectation of development together with Embraer, the dome of Defense knows that choosing the Gripen NG would be like signing a blank check. FAB this item marked in red. "You can not buy what is on the drawing board," warns Cavagnari. In fact, the historical records of the airline industry in the world attest to the instability of estimates on a plane is not yet operational. The F-18 Super Hornet, for example, showed average growth of 100% between the amount originally planned pelosfabricantes and the final cost of the project, which reached U.S. $ 9.5 billion.

SHADOWS The French Rafale is a fighter with more ability to remain invisible to enemy radar

Nevertheless, the U.S. fighter is offered today at a stable price of $ 55 million. In the case of the Rafale, to be fully operational, it took 7.5 billion euros (U.S. $ 10.9 billion), a difference of 50% over the initial estimate. Your unit price without arms and support was 94 million euros ($ 136 million) when he began to be sold, but then fell to 54 million euros ($ 78 million). This is the value offered to Brazil in the last proposal and even practiced by Dassault with the French government. Besides the price issue, raised by President Lula during the visit of French counterpart Nicolas Sarkozy ABrasilia in September, is at stake in the term. According Cavagnari, the defense sector is in the process of dismantling advanced, which began in 1995. "We have immediate needs of air power that must be addressed," he explains. Then there is another problem. FAB to receive the first aircraft in 2014. Who guarantees to deliver the request in a timely manner? Dassault is in the production line of Rafale heated by new orders from the French government, which gives security to meet the deadlines. The Boeingtradição punctuality in sales of F-18. Already a Saab should take eight years to make their hunting operation. For example, the radar that will equip the Gripen began to be developed this year alone.

"To have an idea, Saab develops radar Caesar for the Typhoon fighter for five years and forecast to be ready is 2016. Now they say they can develop a similar radar, the Raven, to equip the Gripen NG, 2011. I find it unlikely, "said the expert Pedro Paulo Rezende. Another important point in the analysis of FAB is the cost of flight-hours. An airplane that consumes too much is not feasible in the long term. The time of flight of the F-18 is $ 11 thousand, while that of the Rafale is U.S. $ 14 mil. Since the Gripen, according to Saab, it would be $ 4 mil. But the Technical Committee of the FX-2 (Copac), from calculations based on data extrapolated maintenance Gripen C / D (prior to version NG), found a very different value: U.S. $ 8 mil. Similarly, Norway and the Netherlands, to assess the Swedish hunting, came to U.S. $ 10 mil. The divergence of information led to the FAB mark this item Gripen in yellow attention. The F-18 won blue for that matter, but reddened under "radar signature", which means tracking by enemy radar. The Rafale, according to official figures, the game is more "invisible" among competitors.
Now from Michal Fizer a retired polish airforce pilot also point out the rafale having a lower RCS :
The requirement for stealth led to redesigning the fuselage, which produced the Rafale's present characteristic shape. A single air intake was split into two side-mounted intakes that were carefully shaped to prevent an enemy's radar from observing Rafale from the front hemisphere by getting returns off the moving parts of compressors. The vertical fin was made of electromagnetic (EM)- transparent composites. The RAMs initially used caused the black color of the Rafale C prototype, but special EM-transparent paints were later developed so the aircraft could receive any color scheme. All of those undertakings dramatically reduced the radar cross-section (RCS) of the Rafale, especially from the front. It is very difficult to assess the Rafale's RCS due to the high level of classification, but sources have unofficially said that Rafale has a much lower RCS than the Typhoon, a fighter of roughly the same size.
http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/archiv ... 51379.html

finally from air&cosmos..also leading to the same conclusion :

Extract (full article posted on previous page) :
On paper, the Typhoon has some undeniable advantages: more powerful than M88, its two reactors give it a better weight/thrust than the Rafale. According to the Eurofighter pilots, this additional power would be particularly appreciable during simulated combat below 20,000 ft, where the density of air allows the engines to be fully expressed. In the battle beyond visual range (BVR), the Typhoon also has an greater "extension" than the Rafale. This is because of the the physical characteristics of the radar, which antenna "sees" futher than the RBE2-PESA, but also because of the dynamic performance of the American missile AIM-120 AMRAAM . Designed exclusively for medium-range interception, it certainly does not have the versatility of the Mica, but it is superior in terms of range. Facing a Rafale, these theoretical advantages, however, must be nuanced.
In BVR combat, although the lengthening of the radar and missiles of the Typhoon are superior, the french Rafale fighter's radar signature is, according to many pilots, much less important than the Eurofighter's one. It is therefore an asset. Even better: the sensors fusion which enjoys the Rafale is also a crucial advantage in BVR combat, because it offers the pilots a much better understanding of the tactical situation during combat, and this, 360 degrees around the aircraft.
Once the "merge" is reached (when BVR combat turns into short-range), the Rafale has still strong chances of victory against the Typhoon. In the opinion of French pilots who have confronted the European aircraft, it's above all the quality of the electric flight controls [FBW] of the French fighter who makes the difference. In dogfight, Rafale can quickly point its nose to the threat, while less degrading its energy than the Eurofighter does. And this partly because the maximum angle of attack of the Rafale is "clamped" around 300, which allows it to evolve in a controlled manner even at low speed.
This difference in terms of maneuverability is also illustrated by the position of the canard on the two planes: placed well in front of the fuselage on the Typhoon, they play the role of an additional control surface used to "steer" more quickly the nose of the plane to take the incidence.
Conversely, the Rafale ducks are located very near the delta wing and are used primarily to pick up the airflow to slow up the loss of lift on the wing, thus giving the pilot a full control of the aircraft at low speeds.
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

arthuro wrote:indranilroy,

Before insinuating that someone is a newbie you should google a little bit :wink:

From dassault aviation own website :
Minimising the radar cross section has also been a design driver in order to make stealth tactics possible. Most of the stealth design features are classified, but some of them are clearly visible, such as the serrated patterns on the trailing edges of the wings and canards.
http://www.dassault-aviation.com/en/def ... e.html?L=1
No sir, I didn't insinuate you or anybody else to be a newbie. I said my question might be a newbie. Please answer in the newbie thread if deemed so. I have followed a little of net space to know that you are definitely not a new bie :).

Thank you for clearing my doubt. I was obviously wrong. The serrations are for stealth then. For logic I will read around a little more.

ADDED LATER: People who have read my post since the downselect know that I have supported the Rafale over EF quite strongly. But I would love to know what is what. I believe we shouldn't stop questioning. Your reply helped me learn more even though my question might have been foolish. I will learn even more when I find out how it works as I still can't see the reason why. I see nothing wrong in questioning. Please don't take it personally.
Last edited by Indranil on 20 May 2011 02:08, edited 1 time in total.
arthuro
BRFite

Post by arthuro »

I misunderstood you, all my appologize :-?
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

Please don't apologize, I didn't realize that I used the Hindi word "pooch" (which means question) :?
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

srai wrote:SIPRI database does not list KAB-250, and KH-29 Laser & TV guided missiles. Although MKIs are probably integrated for these Russian PGMs, IAF has not purchase them (at least according to the SIPRI records). So far, I have not seen any pictures which shows these two types of PGMs in the IAF. However, KAB-500 is in IAF service. SIPRI reports 500 units of these.

It is unclear about which of the Kh-31A/P variants (or both) have been purchased. SIPRI lists 200 units for these Kh-31 series of missiles.

On Kh-59, SIPRI reports 100 units of Kh-59ME variant, which has a 200km range.
SRai, SIPRI while useful relies on public data and is hence not comprehensive.

srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

^^^

Great find!

A compilation of pictures of MKI PGM weapons (proofs):

Training Rounds - X-59, KAB-500Kr

Firing - Kh-31 A/P

Firing - Kh-29 T/TE
MarcH
BRFite

Post by MarcH »

Singha wrote:the hunter killer example of higher RCS F15s illuminating targets for the stealthy F22s going in closer could be an example.

EF has the advantage of carrying 4 AAMs in conformal fashion, reducing its frontal RCS but its intake is much more prominent than the blended manta ray shape of the rafale. if rafale could work out underwing stealthy weapons stations for meteor and mica would be a good combo
And how fits the Rafale into that scenario ? It is no 5th gen aircraft, and it's radar performance isn't that stellar either. Now replace F-15 with Typhoon and F-22 with FGFA and it suddenly makes sense.

Maybe I'm a bit dense, but I fail to see how some sawtooths turn a 4th gen fighter with external weapons and drop tanks into an equal of F-22.
tejas
BRFite

Post by tejas »

Indranilroy, boss, being a Telugu speaker I too did not understand the pooch reference. In massaland, where I live, pooch is slang for dog. I thought you were calling me a newbie dog! ( BTW I have been posting on this forum in one avatar or another since its inception). Anyway we are all here to learn onlee. Cheers.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I am not saying == to F22, but with the a/c we can have its a tag team thats likely to work - PAKFA will have the biggest radar in IAF followed by the MKI-MLU (either a zhuk aesa or a downsized pakfa aesa), so it should be able to outperform the typhoon in role of spotter.

who goes in close to release missiles is based on what a/c is there on the day. anyone should be able to do, incl Rafale :)
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Eurofighter Typhoon frontrunner to bag the $11 billion Indian Air Force Multi-Role Combat Aircraft contract
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NEWS/news ... wsid=14769
According to Christie, Typhoon is a generation ahead of Chinese aircraft J10 Thunder. :roll:
Sean Rowe
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sean Rowe »

UPDATE: India May Sign $10 Bln Fighter Deal By End-March
http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-201 ... 03141.html
NEW DELHI (Dow Jones)--India may sign a contract to buy 126 fighter jets for its air force by the end of March, Defense Minister A.K. Antony said Friday, as the south Asian country seeks to bolster its air defense capabilities to counter Pakistan and China.

"This fiscal [year] ends on March 31, 2012. The deal can happen before that," Antony told reporters.

He declined to elaborate.

The minister's statement came as China agreed to accelerate the supply of 50 more JF-17 fighter jets to Pakistan following a four-day visit of Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani to Beijing, which concludes Friday.

The JF-17 is produced jointly by China and Pakistan. Pakistan has said it wants 250 of them altogether; it inducted its first squadron of JF-17s last year and a second this year.

In late April, India short-listed France's Dassault Aviation SA (AM.FR) and European consortium Eurofighter GmbH for the contract, which is estimated at $10 billion.

Dassault offered the Rafale fighter jet to India for the contract, while Eurofighter offered the Typhoon jet, produced by a consortium of U.K.'s BAE Systems PLC (BAESY), Italy's Finmeccanica SPA (FNC.MI) and European Aeronautic Defence & Space Co. (EADSY).

Four other companies--U.S.-based Boeing Co. (BA) and Lockheed Martin Corp. (LMT), as well Russia's United Aircraft Corp. (UNAC.RS) and Sweden's Saab AB (SAAB.B-SK) were also in the race for the deal, considered the biggest such contract globally in the past 15 years.

India wants to acquire the fighter jets to modernize its ageing fleet of MiG-21s--dating back to the 1960s--as Pakistan and China induct new planes.

India plans to allocate INR1.64 trillion for the defense sector in the fiscal year through March 2012, up from INR1.47 trillion last year. The budget is nearly double the INR890 billion in the year through March 2007.

India already uses Dassault's Mirage-2000 aircraft as well as other fighter jets, such as the Sukhoi Su-30MKI and Jaguar. The country's first locally developed light combat aircraft, the Tejas, is expected to be inducted by its air force in 2015.

Under the 126 fighter-jet order, the first 18 jets will be bought in "fly-away" condition and the remainder will be produced with a selected vendor in India.

Also, under the current rules, foreign companies that receive import orders in excess of INR3 billion must draw at least 30% of that order from domestic suppliers or make a similar-sized investment within India, in what is known as an offset.

The government has fixed the offset obligation for the 126-fighter jet contract at 50% of the value of the deal.

-By Santanu Choudhury and Nikhil Gulati, Dow Jones Newswires; +91-11-4356-3305; santanu.choudhury@dowjones.com
MarcH
BRFite

Post by MarcH »

Once upon the time British people were known for their understatement. Seems these days are gone. :|

Till march next year many things can happen, even if, and that's a big if, these stories are true.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

So, is EF "a generation ahead of the J-10" the best they can do?

Do we have a name for this puppy as yet?

Dunno. I do not have a very good feeling.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

+ve: part of mftrg to be offloaded to India.
-ve: bringing bandar and thudars into comparison.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

i think that was an opportunistic spin to keep DDM in the game, even the bundar's most admiring admirers know that it is atleast 2 generations behind!
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

jee... one doesn't need anything to spin ddm. they are a self perpetual spinners, having no clues or connectivity to what they say. the "dork" is hidden in the acronym sometimes takes a new life without even knowing where they stand.
Thomas Kolarek
BRFite

Post by Thomas Kolarek »

mm..he is so confident, may be the Italian Ma'am has assured the Win :roll:
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

Thomas Kolarek wrote:
mm..he is so confident, may be the Italian Ma'am has assured the Win :roll:

*facepalm*
first it was the French-Itallian connection now the German-Itallian...hope you have your tin-foil hat on
this finger pointing is easy and cheap but also very silly...spl when you have no support, no evidence, no basis in anything that could be misconstrued into something that resembles reality...silly and juvenile!
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Perhaps you guys should explore various threads where sword fights are allowed, and keeps high valued thread sanctimonious.
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

SaiK wrote:Perhaps you guys should explore various threads where sword fights are allowed, and keeps high valued thread sanctimonious.
It is in my attempt to keep this high valued thread sanctimonious that I am pointing out and discouraging silly finger pointing and related tin-foil hat BS by the previous poster.
Maybe that wasn't clear from my post above...so I'll clarify it for you
Raman
BRFite

Post by Raman »

indranilroy wrote:
Raman wrote:Having a radar that out-ranges your (and the opponent's) weapons has several advantages:
- As Singha points out, you can guide a missile shot from an off-axis friendly who is flying nose cold. This is sure to give a heart-attack to the enemy.
- You can choose to prosecute, decline or skirt around a BVR engagement depending on the tactical situation. You shouldn't underestimate the value of discretion, being the better part of valor, etc. Even better, with an aircraft with gobs of fuel like the MKI, you can (temporarily) decline the engagement, re-position and re-engage on better terms.
Raman sahab, but shoot his missile from what distance? That is my fundamental question. And I have never said disengaging is cowardly.

I think I am posing my question in a wrong way. I am not saying that a bigger radar is useless. But having a bigger a radar alone wouldn't make the EF the better A2A fighter of tomorrow. For example how do you think a aerial fight with a (say) Su-30 against a A-50 armed with say R-37 or K-100 missiles end up with?

The reason I brought up the SU-30s was because I wanted to stress the point that not all platforms in our inventory needs to have the largest radar. We will have huge radars in the MKI and FGFA.
indranil,

I'm afraid, I'm losing the track of your question. Of course, having a bigger radar by itself doesn't make a potent A2A fighter (or else, we can all make do with aerostats). But the EF is not just a big-honking radar - it is a complete weapon system with good situational awareness, kinematics, networking, etc. Everything else being the same, it is better to have a longer ranged radar - you can always dial it down to be discreet. You cannot always rely on the fact that a Su-30 or FGFA will be around; it could well be a couple of EFs from the same squadron on a CAP that decide to embark on a co-operative BVR engagement, for example.

At this point, I'm not quite sure if we're both vehemently arguing the same point. :-)
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

^^^ I think it wouldn't make sense to bring this discussion up again ... at around the time I brought up this question, there was a slew of posts which tended to pitch the EF as the better A2A platform (than rafale) owing to it's bigger radar everything else on the planes being almost similar. Well, this can not be validated. If anything, the Rafale has higher kills over the EF in DACT exercises (rules not withstanding). At the moment I atleast have no way to say which amongst the 2 is a better A2A option. It will on come down to the pilot and day IMHO.

However, the Rafale will have higher range and is definitely at the time the more potent multirole fighter. This is a huge advantage. The world over the development costs always balloons by atleast a 100%. And this costs will have to be partly/fully borne by us. Also, Rafale having the smaller RCS amongst the 2 can better suit the hunter-killer scenario. This is why I spoke about Su-30s. My point is we do not need to buy a platform who biggest asset is a bigger radar. We can easily obtain that with a mix of heavy fighters which will always have a much bigger nose and power supply.

Let's look around us. Even on it's own what is going to beat either of these planes? J-11/15 might have a chance. What else?

Now let's look into our airforce post 2020. Does any body have any doubt that our A2A sector is well covered.

Then why are we gunning for a plane whose air dominance can not be validated (at the moment actually needs to be vindicated) and it's A2G is definitely inferior, sensor fusion is inferior, costs more, has more political hassles, and might need us to run to different countries for different parts.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

NRao wrote:So, is EF "a generation ahead of the J-10" the best they can do?
They have done better actually. The report says "a generation ahead of the J-10 Thunder" :mrgreen:
Juggi G
BRFite
Location: Martyr Bhagat Singh Nagar District, Doaba, Punjab, Bharat. De Ghuma ke :)

Post by Juggi G »

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

even the upgraded M2K and Mig29 should be reasonably on par with the best we might face upto 2020 which is the F-16-block52 (esp as some of the best massa EW and best amraam is not being given). and by virtue of sensor and EW fit should be able to trounce the Bandar/F7 and deal competently with the J-10 and Su27. thats a 100 plane strike force right there, backed by the Tejas Mk1 and Su30-vanilla both of which will see improvements like aesa radar and new missiles (I hope) in Mk2 and MLU formats by end of decade.

after 2020 we can expect the big dog pakfa - flying at 60kft, no external stores, 8 large internal AAMs, 4 small internal AAMs, mach2.5 sprints, Mach1.6 supercruise, mix of X and L band for LO targets, high loiter time, packed to the gunwales with new EW gear, IRST, superior acceleration due to low drag, high climb rates, meaty new engines ...it wil be a truly scary prospect in the a2a arena.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

shiv wrote:
They have done better actually. The report says "a generation ahead of the J-10 Thunder" :mrgreen:
India is buying a sophisticated, expensive plane from such bluderbusts!!!!!

I have this very strange feeling that these EF guys are trying to off load the EF. ???????? Dunno.

BTW, Germans are reducing the size of their army by 45,000 to 172,000. Data point.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

...it wil be a truly scary prospect in the a2a arena.
hope it picks up speed. If carlo kapp dhoti shivers (he will wear it that day, and will flutter the web), then pak-fa has arrived., until then we need to gain max in the AESA, avionics and Engine techs.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

NRao wrote:BTW, Germans are reducing the size of their army by 45,000 to 172,000. Data point.
Thats not reducing , thats increasing
koti
BRFite

Post by koti »

indranilroy wrote:^^^ I think it wouldn't make sense to bring this discussion up again ... at around the time I brought up this question, there was a slew of posts which tended to pitch the EF as the better A2A platform (than rafale) owing to it's bigger radar everything else on the planes being almost similar. Well, this can not be validated. If anything, the Rafale has higher kills over the EF in DACT exercises (rules not withstanding). At the moment I atleast have no way to say which amongst the 2 is a better A2A option. It will on come down to the pilot and day IMHO.

However, the Rafale will have higher range and is definitely at the time the more potent multirole fighter. This is a huge advantage. The world over the development costs always balloons by atleast a 100%. And this costs will have to be partly/fully borne by us. Also, Rafale having the smaller RCS amongst the 2 can better suit the hunter-killer scenario. This is why I spoke about Su-30s. My point is we do not need to buy a platform who biggest asset is a bigger radar. We can easily obtain that with a mix of heavy fighters which will always have a much bigger nose and power supply.

Let's look around us. Even on it's own what is going to beat either of these planes? J-11/15 might have a chance. What else?

Now let's look into our airforce post 2020. Does any body have any doubt that our A2A sector is well covered.

Then why are we gunning for a plane whose air dominance can not be validated (at the moment actually needs to be vindicated) and it's A2G is definitely inferior, sensor fusion is inferior, costs more, has more political hassles, and might need us to run to different countries for different parts.[/size]
+1
This post deserves to be re-read IMO.
Then why are we gunning for a plane whose air dominance can not be validated
I think this factor stands validated during the trails, either to be correct or incorrect. However, this was not vindicated by anyone thus far.
Last edited by koti on 21 May 2011 09:36, edited 1 time in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

even the su35BM has better a2a specs than EF and its on order today for RuAF (around 50).
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

shiv wrote:
What they have not said is that it is same generation as J-20 :lol:
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

krishnan wrote:
NRao wrote:BTW, Germans are reducing the size of their army by 45,000 to 172,000. Data point.

what NRao means is a reduction in number to 172,000 from 217,000.
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

koti wrote:
Then why are we gunning for a plane whose air dominance can not be validated
I think this factor stands validated during the trails, either to be correct or incorrect. However, this was not vindicated by anyone thus far.
Thank you for your kind words.

Validated (with authority) and vindicated (through DACT) vis-a-vis Rafale. That's all I meant.

I would be out of my mind to call the EF an unvalidated fighter which needs to be vindicated. :oops:
ashish raval
BRFite

Post by ashish raval »

I don't think EF should win it. This is because pukes have direct access to EF via Saudi route and would have already got hands on experience in name of teaching sauds how to fly. However what the logic says is EF will come up with strong offset clause which should help India in much better way than rafale might offer(may be wrong. If extended rafale bid comes up with good offsets and technology transfer I would certainly go for it as France does not lecture India regarding internal matters while Germans do and were first to jump on sanctions on our atomic bomb blast while France accepted the truth and moved on. There are many areas that they could help CERN, Fusion reactor, Nuclear reactors and super fast railways. They have proven technology and India already operates Mirage with high safety ratio.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

^do you know France is notorious in supplies to pakistan after a successful sale to India? take submarines, mirages, for a few. The point is we can't base purchases based on such relationships, rather based on requirements.

All strategic aspects must be covered by ToT, home grown technology infusion, and establishing certain advantages over the enemy by such capabilities. bottom line /end of the day, is all about what you have that enemy does not have, and there is no way in the world to be envious of your neighbor purchasing the same device you bought. Better work on, what is that makes it better for your doctrine.
arthuro
BRFite

Post by arthuro »

With the mirage 2000 upgrade weapons would be compatible with both platforms minimizing the costs.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

krishnan wrote:
how is a cut of 45,000 not reducing ? :-?
Boreas
BRFite

Post by Boreas »

Singha wrote:even the su35BM has better a2a specs than EF and its on order today for RuAF (around 50).
ahhh.. its my deepest desire that sometime 2015 onwards IAF order 60-100 SU-35s. Its a magnificent machine, cost-effective, power-packed and better then anything panda is going to have for long.. forget porkis they just gonna keep shitting in there G-suits.

With 350+ Flankers and 200 MMRCA (Rafale most probably) IAF will go unchallenged in Asia. Add to this Mig29UPG, M2k-5 and Tejas!
I think the only area where work needs to be done will be more AWACS.
arthuro
BRFite

Post by arthuro »

rafale cockpit :