Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): June 30, 2011

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): June 30, 2

Postby gakakkad » 27 Jul 2011 07:01

^^^ Shows that TSP is badly frustrated as kashmiri's are not cooperating with them and they realise they are fighting a losing battle.
But this should be broadcast the whole day in Cashmere. so any kashmiri still having delusions will come to know the truth. That TSP wants them slain .

Anindya
BRFite

Postby Anindya » 27 Jul 2011 07:27

^^^ Shows that TSP is badly frustrated as kashmiri's are not cooperating with them and they realise they are fighting a losing battle

We're not helping the process by not pointing out loudly, that Pakistani media and international terrorists are hand in glove - that it does not make sense any more to have Pakistani ministers, however good looking, to come here and meet with assorted bigots'r'us (hurryiats) - or that allowing pet rats like Hafeez, the college professor, to have roadshows on terror against India, right before "peace" talks.

archan
Forum Moderator

Postby archan » 27 Jul 2011 07:39

Anindya wrote:
^^^ Shows that TSP is badly frustrated as kashmiri's are not cooperating with them and they realise they are fighting a losing battle

We're not helping the process by not pointing out loudly, that Pakistani media and international terrorists are hand in glove - that it does not make sense any more to have Pakistani ministers, however good looking, to come here and meet with assorted bigots'r'us (hurryiats) - or that allowing pet rats like Hafeez, the college professor, to have roadshows on terror against India, right before "peace" talks.

I don't know... maybe I don't know anything at all in this issue but whatever India is doing - overall if the general Kashmiri is leading a better life than they were 10 yrs ago, if they are, in general happy being Indians, then there is something India has done right. That militancy and inflitration is down cannot be simply because pakis have suddenly become generous towards us.

KJo
BRF Oldie

Postby KJo » 27 Jul 2011 07:40

JE Menon wrote:It's official: Ms. Khar is a Mr. Khar. Or at least used to be. You have to hear her speak for poorf of the claim.

Interestingly, Khar in Persian means "Donkey". :rotfl:

abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Postby abhishek_sharma » 27 Jul 2011 07:45

Anindya wrote:We're not helping the process by not pointing out loudly, that Pakistani media and international terrorists are hand in glove - that it does not make sense any more to have Pakistani ministers, however good looking, to come here and meet with assorted bigots'r'us (hurryiats) - or that allowing pet rats like Hafeez, the college professor, to have roadshows on terror against India, right before "peace" talks.

+1. Absolutely. We already have a 'chankian' response posted above.

Anindya
BRFite

Postby Anindya » 27 Jul 2011 08:33

archan wrote:

I don't know... maybe I don't know anything at all in this issue but whatever India is doing - overall if the general Kashmiri is leading a better life than they were 10 yrs ago, if they are, in general happy being Indians, then there is something India has done right. That militancy and inflitration is down cannot be simply because pakis have suddenly become generous towards us.

Archan - there are two somewhat different issues here:
- has India done somethings very right for the Kashmir situation, including assuaging their perceived sense of alienation
- Has India given and led on Pakistan to get a stronger foothold within the valley

On the first issue, the answer - as you suggest is a definite yes - sadbhavna initiative, better management of the border, elections, earthquake response and so on. All of these help - or at least I hope they do.

On the second issue - we have allowed Pakistanization of the politics in the valley.
- Omar is supposed to have been meeting Pakistani admin folks (according to S Swamy); the other legitimate political groups have essentially started speaking the Pakistani line (including some Hindu Congress voices)
- most of the visible protests are along the lines of Pakistani interests - especially visible leaders
- human rights groups like Angana and Pervez Imroz are decidedly ISI-influenced (based on their white-washing of Pakistani crimes in the valley and the Fai affair
- society is beginning to change with Srinagar's colleges behaving like Lahore's colleges and lack of movie halls is rather stark
- steady elimination of many visible supporters of peace and Indian sovereignty - as indicated by Praveen Swami

The Pakistanization of Kashmir valley politics, that we have allowed is going to come back to bite us at some point.

How do these two different threads balance each other out - i still to be written.

saip
BRF Oldie

Postby saip » 27 Jul 2011 08:43

May be the Government is doing the right thing by not publicizing. If they do they can be accused of planting a fake video. Now if this video somehow goes viral on the internet without the Govt doing anything it will more successful.

gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Postby gakakkad » 27 Jul 2011 08:52

@ anindiya. I agree with you. But a mango Kashmiri knows the truth . But we have some delusional youngsters who have been misled. Most of the protests have been staged and are not reflective of thoughts of Kashmiri people. There was a times now video on youtube which showed intercepts between Mirwaiz and some piglet. They wanted hurri-rat to ensure that more violent protests are conducted in kashmir and more people die in the protest so Indian forces are made to look bad. It however did not succeed as people are smarter than the piglets thought. That underlies the frustration of the terrorists in the video . They know that they are losing

I agree that GOI has been attempted to sell out the country. Just when whole world is GUBOing TSP they had no business to initiate a dialogue . When news channels are showing proof of cross border terrorism they had no business inviting Donkey rabbani .

And how on earth did Hurrirats which are basically a franchise of ISI meet hina donkey in India? Is not there something called protocol ? Why did GOI ALLOW SUCH INSULT?
I remember when Obama was in desh there was some problem with him visiting the golden temple as the temple required covering of heads. If GOI was so strict with respect to Obama than why was not the same strictness followed when the foreign minister of an insignificant third world rogue terrorist entity visits India.

@ Saip If someone accuses GOI of a fake video than such accusations should not get coverage. Who the hell is anyone to accuse GOI or times now of broadcasting fake terrorist videos ? By neglecting proof of terror GOI has shown lacks a sense of Indian interest.
Last edited by gakakkad on 27 Jul 2011 08:55, edited 1 time in total.

Altair
BRF Oldie

Postby Altair » 27 Jul 2011 08:52

Anindya, Archan
I was in Srinagar and Amarnath 10 days back. Srinagar has a deserted look. There is no business activity there. I along with people in our bus were instructed not to shout"Jai Amarnath" or any patriotic slogans by our military itself.Our bus window was broken by some pedestrians and the travels guys did not complain to anyone. The military does not care. Military does not like civilians in and around Srinagar just as much as terrorist pakis. I interacted with many young people in Amarnath. All the porters carrying luggage or pilgrims were Kashmiri muslims. Their livelihood depends on Hindus. There is no other source of income to many young Kashmiris.
Bottom line is
1.Lives of Kashmiris has not improved much.
2.More Hindu pilgrims are travelling to Amarnath and other pilgrimage sites but that can change any moment.
3.We are no better than we were 20 years back. Its a full circle.

Altair

shivajisisodia
BRFite

Postby shivajisisodia » 27 Jul 2011 09:02

There are in excess of a billion muslims in the world. They act as a worldwide strategic depth for their frontline state which is actually battling for their cause of bringing the word of Allah to the infidels.

Indian subcontinent is roughly 40% Islamic. They act as a strategic depth for Islam within the subcontinent.

Unofficial counts suggest that the Republic of India is also roughly 22% Islamic. They form a cohesive vote bank. India is a democracy where a vote decides who gets in power. No politician in India barring someone like Modi, will dare antagonize this vote bank.

Result.

Pakistan, now a pariah state everywhere in the world, with the possible exception of Saudi Arabia, that treats it as a poodle, the Chinese, that treat it as a sick poodle and UAE, is treated like a star in India. Remember how Musharraf was treated when he arrived. No other head of state that I can remember was ever treated close to how positive the reception Musharaf got. People, men and women, wet their pants, when Imran Khan decides to grace us with his visit.

No one in the power circles within India will object to any Pakistani meeting the traiterous Huriyat. Vajpayee did not. How can anyone expect the Congress to do what Vajpayee didnt do ?

Altair
BRF Oldie

Postby Altair » 27 Jul 2011 09:13

shivajisisodia wrote:No one in the power circles within India will object to any Pakistani meeting the traiterous Huriyat. Vajpayee did not. How can anyone expect the Congress to do what Vajpayee didnt do ?

Very valid point. Congress tries its best to blame NDA and BJP for all India's ills even after its been in power for so many years. There is no shame left in them.
They will simply say Vajpayee did so whats wrong with we doing it? Its pathetic state of affairs. Pakistanis are better positioned now. They have a young TFTA wimmen FM seating opposite 70+ SDRE smelly Indian FM. If talks does not go as planned they blame India for not having a bold outlook. If they succeed in even the slightest way they say TFTA modern outlook is the new Pakistani way.
The best way out for India as I see it is to field a surprise element to even out the table. Someone young and dashing and capture the media attention. Anything else will result in a Agra type catastrophe. If congress wants itself to be embarrassed then so be it. I do not care much for them anyway.

shivajisisodia
BRFite

Postby shivajisisodia » 27 Jul 2011 09:31

Republic of India is a "democracy". Votes and Voters determine who rules. In its 65 year history, the citizens of the Republic of India have never, never elected a Nationalistic party, not even the one that pretends, ie., the BJP (the one time BJP did manage to form the government, it was with other parties, they never got a clear mandate from the citizens of The Republic of India).

The result ?

1. Survival of Pakistan as opposed to reunification

2. Pakistan winning on the battle field and retaining a large portion of Indian territory (POK)

3. China winning on the battlefield and retaining a large portion of Indian territory

4. China and Pakistan becoming close friends

5. Both China and PAkistan on the offensive and making many incursions into Indian territory on a regular basis

6. Even the mixed up Bangla Desh being on the offensive and making many incursions into Indian territory on a regular basis

7. Bangla Desh smuggling people into India in massive numbers.

8. Both Bangladesh and Pakistan regularly indulging in a systematic genocide against the Hindus, since independence

9. A long standing revolt against India in the Kashmir that remains with India, killing thousands of civilians, Indian soldiers and ethnic cleansing of Hindus within the territory of India, under the jurisdiction of the Government of the Republic of India

10. A massive conversion of Hindus taking place, both into Islam and Christianity, with impunity

11. Countless riots organized by Islamists in India resulting in fear, intimidation and killing of thousands of hindus since independence within the territory of India and those areas where muslims may not even be a majority, without any repurcussions or accountability faced by these Islamic killers

12. Countless terrorist attacks within India since independence resulting in killing of thousands of people, with no retaliation by the government of Republic of India

13. A general and overall devaluation of the Hindu religion and also of the adherents of this religion

14. A nuclear armed Pakistan successfully blackmailing India

15. A constant drumbeat within the Indian press and intellectuals, demeaning Hindus and promoting the Islamic causes, directly or indirectly, from within

16. A totally demoralized Hindu

17. A totally corrupt political and social system

18. A totally demoralized and impotent Republic of India

19. A world which now looks upon India as weak, demoralized and impotent, where outsiders now lecture India to be more aggressively "international", at least in our backyard

This "impressive" result was not achieved overnight or over one administration or over one five year period. This was "hard earned" over the entire 65 year period. Perhaps, the citizens of the Republic of India by electing the people that they have over a 65 year period have demonstrated that they do not want different results, only the ones that have been begotten so far and more along the same lines.
Last edited by shivajisisodia on 27 Jul 2011 09:42, edited 2 times in total.

archan
Forum Moderator

Postby archan » 27 Jul 2011 09:31

abhishek_sharma wrote:
Anindya wrote:We're not helping the process by not pointing out loudly, that Pakistani media and international terrorists are hand in glove - that it does not make sense any more to have Pakistani ministers, however good looking, to come here and meet with assorted bigots'r'us (hurryiats) - or that allowing pet rats like Hafeez, the college professor, to have roadshows on terror against India, right before "peace" talks.

+1. Absolutely. We already have a 'chankian' response posted above.

Please see Anindya's response, and then see yours. Note the difference between posting one's informed opinion and actually contributing to the "signal" part of the forum as opposed to sticking tags on to opinions/people with one liners without going into any depth. That is contributing to the "noise" part of the forum. You choose what you want to be.

archan
Forum Moderator

Postby archan » 27 Jul 2011 09:33

Thanks Anindya and Altair for your perspectives. Educating indeed.

abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Postby abhishek_sharma » 27 Jul 2011 09:37

--deleted soosai post
Last edited by abhishek_sharma on 27 Jul 2011 10:03, edited 1 time in total.

Narad
BRFite

Postby Narad » 27 Jul 2011 09:46

JE Menon wrote:It's official: Ms. Khar is a Mr. Khar. Or at least used to be. You have to hear her speak for poorf of the claim.

+72. I was about to mention that but it seems you have already done so. :mrgreen:

I deliberately increased the volume to hear the cute lady speak. But later I realised that the "lady" can give a serious complex to Om puri.

gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Postby gakakkad » 27 Jul 2011 10:01

@ abhishek no one on this forum has attributed it to cbm's or peace process.

Vikas
BRF Oldie

Postby Vikas » 27 Jul 2011 10:02

So is being young a ticket to success in international politics ?

abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Postby abhishek_sharma » 27 Jul 2011 10:04

gakakkad wrote:@ abhishek no one on this forum has attributed it to cbm's or peace process.

okay..deleted soosai post. Thanks.

SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Postby SSridhar » 27 Jul 2011 11:20

Q: Next up is Farzana Shaikh’s Making Sense of Pakistan, which is again about this issue of Pakistan’s identity.

Ans: Yes, it is the very best book I have read on Pakistan.

For the very first time, I am in agreement with Mr. Aiyar.

Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Postby Dipanker » 27 Jul 2011 11:49

Altair wrote:Anindya, Archan
I was in Srinagar and Amarnath 10 days back. Srinagar has a deserted look. There is no business activity there. I along with people in our bus were instructed not to shout"Jai Amarnath" or any patriotic slogans by our military itself.Our bus window was broken by some pedestrians and the travels guys did not complain to anyone. The military does not care. Military does not like civilians in and around Srinagar just as much as terrorist pakis. I interacted with many young people in Amarnath. All the porters carrying luggage or pilgrims were Kashmiri muslims. Their livelihood depends on Hindus. There is no other source of income to many young Kashmiris.
Bottom line is
1.Lives of Kashmiris has not improved much.
2.More Hindu pilgrims are travelling to Amarnath and other pilgrimage sites but that can change any moment.
3.We are no better than we were 20 years back. Its a full circle.

Altair

I am somewhat skeptical about you assessment of Srinagar, because the impression I get from reading the seperatist rag (GreaterKashmir) differs from yours. If you follow this rag it would appear that Srinagar is hustling/bustling with business activities.

Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Postby Dipanker » 27 Jul 2011 11:55

shivajisisodia wrote:Republic of India is a "democracy". Votes and Voters determine who rules. In its 65 year history, the citizens of the Republic of India have never, never elected a Nationalistic party, not even the one that pretends, ie., the BJP (the one time BJP did manage to form the government, it was with other parties, they never got a clear mandate from the citizens of The Republic of India).

The result ?

1. Survival of Pakistan as opposed to reunification

2. Pakistan winning on the battle field and retaining a large portion of Indian territory (POK)

#2 is not correct, please do some background research about how large part of POK ended up with Pakistan.

Pakistan has so far lost every single war against India.

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Postby Aditya_V » 27 Jul 2011 11:58

Sivajisodia, read about the events in 1947, 1948- TSP occupied nearly the whole valley and was being driven out and was losing the war. If Nehru(following the advise given by Western Powers) did not order the ceasefire on 1 Jan 1949 and go to UN, pakistan would have nothing in Kashmir.

SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Postby SSridhar » 27 Jul 2011 12:18

A_Gupta wrote:Any comments on the accuracy of Ejaz Haider's
. . . Pakistan’s Taliban policy — in conjunction with the US — was formulated and implemented under a civilian prime minister and the ISI was opposed to it (in fact, until the Taliban captured Kabul in ’96, former DG-ISI Lt-Gen Hamid Gul (retd) would constantly refer to them as American stooges).

Lt. Gen. Hamid Gul had been removed from Director Generalship of the ISI by 1989. His views therefore do not (did not) reflect official position. No doubt that the PA/ISI make use of him even today and there may be ISI officers for whom he is an idol. But, available evidence does not support Ejaz Haider's claim. The ISI, for instance, handed over a huge cache of arms in Kandahar to the Taliban in late 1994 itself much, much before they captured Kabul in 1996. It was this cache that helped the Taliban take on various warlords and even established Mujahideen leaders. Col. Imam's close contacts with the Taliban during this period are available in open source.

SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Postby SSridhar » 27 Jul 2011 12:59

US lobbied to stop Pakistan's nuclear drive
The declassified documents were released after requests by the National Security Archive at George Washington University and the Woodrow Wilson Center for International Scholars.

William Burr, a scholar at the National Security Archive, said that a US report from 1978 that could shed light on Khan's activities was missing and that he feared it had been destroyed.{Begs the question why ?}
Then deputy secretary of state Warren Christopher in a secret memo urged a "low profile" on France's decision, saying it would "severely embarrass" France's then president Valery Giscard d'Estaing and impede future cooperation if it appeared he was responding to US pressure.

Christopher also said he was urging the US Congress to consider economic assistance and military sales to Pakistan, which was considered a US ally in the Cold War when India tilted toward the Soviet Union.

Assistance to Pakistan can "perhaps relieve some of the tension and sense of isolation which give Pakistan greater incentive to move covertly in the nuclear field," wrote Christopher, {the same argument repeated every time and Pakistan gets away} who later served as secretary of state.

Sri
BRFite

Postby Sri » 27 Jul 2011 13:02

Who is this Ms Khar? I mean does she mean anything? Does she possess some political clout / constituency in Pakistan. If her only credential is backing from House of Zardari then she is meeting her true opposite in India. Who is SM Krishna? Does he matter at all? Heck as political master of world's 7th largest country's foreign policy he remains little more than a chinna pathaka in the scheme of things. Problem is media and some leftists will consider any rant coming out of this meeting as Pakistani position and then likes of Rajdeep and Barkha will discuss it threadbare. What a waste of prime time television.

My fear is that Ms Khar is only authorized to take things from our position and not give anything in return. She may create an atmosphere where our diplomats may think they are making some headway but what's the guarantee that whatever she says carries any weight anywhere in the world?

I just wish our television / newspaper guys put an ignore mode to all this drama. Sad Hindu at least in Chennai edition dedicated 33 percent of front page to her visit, and renegading her meeting with Hurriyat walas in some back page.

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Postby Aditya_V » 27 Jul 2011 13:09

Khar is nothing but a Beautiful face on a ugly monster. Time and trusted pak Strategy good looking women who can speak English for Western and Delhi Cocktail circuit.

JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Postby JE Menon » 27 Jul 2011 13:15

>>the ISI was opposed to it (in fact, until the Taliban captured Kabul in ’96, former DG-ISI Lt-Gen Hamid Gul (retd) would constantly refer to them as American stooges).

Apart from what SSridhar has mentioned, the fact remains that Gul continued nevertheless to be very close to the Taliban (and Al Qaida) since then. So his claim on them being "American stooges" is

(1) a bit of misinformation aimed at diverting any focus on him personally for his integral role in guiding Taliban/Al Qaida strategy on behalf of the ISI, or

(2) he himself is an "American stooge" by extension.

It's his call, and I'm sure he will prefer the former if he had to make it. This man has played a central role as a mentor, guide and advisor on everything that has happened post Soviet withdrawal in Af-Pak where terror is concerned - including and especially 9/11. His whereabouts in the weeks preceding that event should at least be a minimum cause for suspicion. It is incredible that he still walks around mouthing what he does, but that too is a carefully cultivated exercise, allowing him to have the fall-back position of being just a "hot air" emission expert. He is responsible as much as Osama was.

Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Postby Pratyush » 27 Jul 2011 13:20

^^^

This is another useless chai biskut session. The looks / Gender of Ms Khar will have no impact on the outcome of the discussion. The Paki side has already vitiated the atmosphear by indulging in Chai Biskut with the Hurrats and focusing on the comment of ACM Niak, WRT, the use of Nuke Naser and stated Indian nuke doctrine.

That this GOI is taken to be a bunch of uber WKKs is irrelevant. In the current political climate of India, this GOI can't give any thing away to any one. Regardless of how much they want to do it.

The only thing that this round of talks will achieve is to raise the BP of some members of BRF :P and then things will get back to normal. Untill the next round of discussions.

When the process will be repeated again. :((

JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Postby JE Menon » 27 Jul 2011 15:46

>>This is another useless chai biskut session.

And that is exactly the point. Our only expense is the cost associated with the chai-biskoot...

Altair
BRF Oldie

Postby Altair » 27 Jul 2011 16:14

Dipanker wrote:I am somewhat skeptical about you assessment of Srinagar, because the impression I get from reading the seperatist rag (GreaterKashmir) differs from yours. If you follow this rag it would appear that Srinagar is hustling/bustling with business activities.

Well, I for one do not trust rags least of all crap like Greater Kashmir. Secondly, I was in Srinagar for less than ideal time to make assessment. Still, it was enough to judge the general atmosphere.It is questionable in the first place how they are making the ends meet. hustling and bustling with business is definitely out of the question. Travel industry and hospitality services may be doing ok but thats about it.
Dal lake is not what it was even a couple of years ago. Alleppey is much much better on any given day.
JMT

Venkarl
BRFite

Postby Venkarl » 27 Jul 2011 16:18

Aditya_V wrote:Khar is nothing but a Beautiful face on a ugly monster. Time and trusted pak Strategy good looking women who can speak English for Western and Delhi Cocktail circuit.

This lady reminds me of an old number The Look by Roxette

1-2-3-4
Walking like a man, hitting like a hammer
She's a juvenile scam, never was a quitter
Tasty like a raindrop, she's got the look
Heavenly bound cos heaven's got a number
When she's spinning me around, kissing is a colour
Her loving is a wild dog, she's got the look

Pardon me for going OT.

anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Postby anupmisra » 27 Jul 2011 17:19

The insanity in the nuthouse continues....Pakistan Taliban make bonfire of ‘un-Islamic’ cloth

...it was too thin to be made into suitably modest garments
...shop owners calculated thousands of metres of material had been destroyed

Wear Khaddar. Its not see through. Ask the JNU-type jholawalas.

Hiten
BRFite

Postby Hiten » 27 Jul 2011 17:27

pakistan receiving food aid from the USA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUTZDOsXw6c

Altair
BRF Oldie

Postby Altair » 27 Jul 2011 17:31

JE Menon wrote:>>This is another useless chai biskut session.

And that is exactly the point. Our only expense is the cost associated with the chai-biskoot...

Long live Britannia Biscuits and Taj Mahal Tea!! May be we should start buying their shares :)

RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Postby RajeshA » 27 Jul 2011 17:32

Published on Jul 26, 2011
By Sadanand Dhume | Testimony before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs
Reassessing American Grand Strategy in South Asia: American Enterprise Institute
Key policy recommendations to achieve US goals in Pakistan and South Asia:

*Resist calls to cut military aid. :shock: Instead, use it to encourage the creation of a pro-democracy culture in the Pakistani army. The army has ruled Pakistan directly for 34 of its 64 years of independence, and indirectly for much of the rest. Though it employs barely 600,000 of Pakistan's 170 million citizens, it uses exaggerated fears about India to consume around one-fourth of the national budget each year--more than twice as much as education and health care combined.

The Pakistani army's refusal to turn against its clients in the Afghan Taliban or Lashkar-e-Taiba directly undermines US goals in the region, which include stabilizing Afghanistan and encouraging democratic India to play a greater role in Asia as an alternative to authoritarian China. But though the prospect of cutting off aid to Pakistan's army may be emotionally satisfying, it is also short-sighted. :eek: In other parts of Asia--including Muslim-majority Indonesia and Bangladesh--democratic reforms have been pushed by both civilian politicians and reformers within the military. The US ought to encourage a similar process in Pakistan, and use assistance and training programs to further this goal. In short, Pakistan's army needs fewer fighter jets and more classroom time learning about democracy and development.

These efforts should acknowledge that Pakistan has legitimate security concerns and a right to self-defense. :evil: But they should also point out that Pakistan's overly militarized state has led to the country falling behind India economically, and has crippled the development of democracy in the country. Indeed, even Bangladesh--long dismissed as a basket case--has managed to build a world class textile industry and a functional democracy, and overtake Pakistan in terms of key development indicators such as women's literacy.

The Pakistani military enjoys subsidized health care, generous land grants and some of the best working conditions in the country. This gives it a powerful incentive to retain its pre-eminent place in Pakistan. Sensitizing the officer corps--presumably patriotic Pakistanis with their own country's best interests at heart--improves the odds of the army agreeing to accept the principle of civilian supremacy as have most other armies around the world.

With Indians like these, who needs enemies! :evil:

Altair
BRF Oldie

Postby Altair » 27 Jul 2011 17:42

RajeshA wrote:Published on Jul 26, 2011
By Sadanand Dhume | Testimony before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs
Reassessing American Grand Strategy in South Asia: American Enterprise Institute
Key policy recommendations to achieve US goals in Pakistan and South Asia:

With Indians like these, who needs enemies! :evil:

There is a curious logic in some south block types that US presence in Pakistan would deter Chinese expansion into South Asia(Read Kashmir). May be he belongs to these group of fools.

Anantha
BRFite

Postby Anantha » 27 Jul 2011 18:01

In the post meeting press conf, the TSP foreign minister has not brought the K issue. IMHO, one of Uncle Sam's demands to completed by July is to patch up with India, so that the military can be mobilized to the western border by the Pakis. Unkil has ordered Pakis to go to India and clean up the act. The Fai arrest should be seen in this light. The Hurryrat meeting is a showbazi for the hard liners in Pakiland.

Return to “Trash Can Archive”