Phone, Tablet and Gizmo Thread #0x02

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Re: Phone, Tablet and Gizmo Thread #0x02

Post by Lilo »

^^ Yes Gnote is an excellent concept (disclaimer:i own a Gnote1 :) )

but only if samsung sticks to its recent promise to devs of open sourcing exynos will Gnote,GS3 etc reach their true potential and toast the competition (the yet to debut Nexus devices by Sammy,LG and others) and good devs (maintaining CM,ASOP,AOKP) will stick to it in its next iteration - currently most of them are threatening sammy about switch over to a nexus device if this doesnt happen.

but all these complaints are from an advanced user POV, from general junta POV GNote 2 even with its crappy TW skin is an exceptional device.
BhairavP
BRFite

Post by BhairavP »

@Lilo - I am purchasing a 42ST50 in the next week or so. Parents have an older Panny plasma, a 42V20, and it is excellent. Caveat emptor - are your parents using it in a brightly lit room or in the dark? LCD panels are slightly better in brighter environments, but in the dark, controlled viewing environments and for SD, plasma can't be beat.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

a 50inch plasma will sour the SD watching experience from what I can tell. 42inch is the maximum you should go for decent analog/SD viewing experience. Also a decent resolution upscaler would be desirable.

Take a pen drive with some SD content (480p) while going shopping and check out the display compatibility for SD. Usually showrooms will have displays attached to Blue Ray HD input wont give real life viewing experience.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

first make sure to get the tatasky-HD or comparable HD set top boxes packages. some 10-15 channels will be in HD to fully exploit the big screen.

50" is huge unless you have a political neta bungalow sized drawing room. consider 42"

unless your parents are into watching fast moving action movies, gaming and sports on a full time basis, I fail to understand what particular advantage plasma will confer you other than bragging rights on being a holdout and a higher power bill?

the world over LED dominates for a reason - cheaper, less prone to heat related issues, less power, reliable. I think LCD/LED outsells plasma by 100:1 in India, with only panasonic having a few plasma models...sammy not offering longer warranty is proof enough who has the higher sortie rates and uptimes.

would suggest get something like a 42" LG LED or a 40" samsung/panasonic LED and close the loop on this.

avoid paying extra for the internet enabled "smart" TV stuff, just get the basic model in that size.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Bhairav ji,
yes they use it a dimly lit room.
but i am already sold on benefits of Plasma over LED (LEDs are all over priced in current markets IMO) and dumping so much money on an hyped up LED vs an cheaper plasma (top of the line Plasma's are atleast 1/3rd cheaper than top of the line LEDs) when both are on the cusp of being relegated 2nd class by OLEDs after say 3 years in Indian markets is a nobrainer for me.

Actually PQ preference wise i dont even need the top of the line Plasmas . My parents watch mostly SD vernacular channels and soaps (and may not watch BRay or 3D content even once in their general usage) . So the actual reason for opting top of the line is with belief that the set will last long (10 years ?) . But there is no way one can guarantee that apart from belief in Panasonic brand (hopefully the japanese still expect their TVs to last 10 years instead of the massa trend of 5yr cycling of flatpanel TVs (akin to their 2yr cycling of mobiles).

BTW did you also consider the sammy 51" E8000 ?
its retailing for 85K in metros ( most dealers are willing to buyback the Tab2 the sammy is throwing in for 14K) so the cost becomes around 70K which is less than the cost of 42ST50 (~80K ?) - dont know why sammy did this but it reduced this model's price by 30K compared to last month - and it already compares well with top of the line Panasonic except the aforementioned reliability aspect which in sammy's case is unproven.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Singha wrote:...sammy not offering longer warranty is proof enough who has the higher sortie rates and uptimes.
Singhaji,
that part about warranty i suspect is because sammy is going to windup its Plasma division say in 3 years
when its OLED TVs come to the fore - As it cant replace a panel gone kaput say after 3 years so its not giving extended warranty.
But you and Habalji are right about the 42" size - i only started thinking about larger size when Sammy gave that huge price drop to the 51" plasmas.

anyway seems like 42" panasonic plasma's are out of stock currently atleast in south - Hyd,Chennai (donno about bangalore). So lets see.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Singha wrote:...
avoid paying extra for the internet enabled "smart" TV stuff, just get the basic model in that size.
Yup all the smart APPs/smart gestures of Sammy et'al are imo trash - if a TV has a browser and youtube capability with built in wifi thats more than enough. May be I can set it up to run with a nice NAS attached router streaming HD content :lol: .
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Lilo wrote:Guys,
i need to select a TV for my parents and am thinking of getting a Plasma 50" -
models are 50ST50 or 51ES8000.
Surprisingly Sammy is not offering an extended warranty on its Plasmas (though their LEDs come with 1yr standard or 1+2 yrs extended ). But there is a third party warranty option by a purchase through bajajfinserv for additional 2 years @5K .
Panasonic is the safe choice and its Plasma models come with default 3yrs manufacturer warranty.
but is priced 25K more at ~100K.

My parents are coming from a CRT (it has been used for 20 years and still running) and think this one too will last (lol).
But i guess a model which can stay around for 8-10 years usage before it breaks down would be my aim this time.

Does any one own a Plasma here how is your experience with them ?
Am looking at the exact same thing - 50ST50 or 51E8000 (not 51ES8000 which you mention as that is an LED). Wait for a few days for Panasonic to cut prices (rumours in dark corners, but no one knows).

Samsung is offering a better deal right now as they have cut prices on 51E8000 but Panasonic is expected to match them (but who knows - Panasonic India is brain dead as can be seen by their current festival "offers").
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

BhairavP wrote:@Lilo - I am purchasing a 42ST50 in the next week or so. Parents have an older Panny plasma, a 42V20, and it is excellent. Caveat emptor - are your parents using it in a brightly lit room or in the dark? LCD panels are slightly better in brighter environments, but in the dark, controlled viewing environments and for SD, plasma can't be beat.
Are you getting the 42ST50 for around 81K? Or lower?
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

pandyan wrote:100 k for a plasma? There are 55" led (pana/sam) sale in us for 1k$. Sdre are paying like celebs :( who is taking the money?
The usual suspects - customs, Panasonic India and the showrooms.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

merlin wrote: Am looking at the exact same thing - 50ST50 or 51E8000 (not 51ES8000 which you mention as that is an LED). Wait for a few days for Panasonic to cut prices (rumours in dark corners, but no one knows).

Samsung is offering a better deal right now as they have cut prices on 51E8000 but Panasonic is expected to match them (but who knows - Panasonic India is brain dead as can be seen by their current festival "offers").
oops sorry that was a typo i was infact looking at E8000 (a plasma) - okie edited OP
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Singha wrote:first make sure to get the tatasky-HD or comparable HD set top boxes packages. some 10-15 channels will be in HD to fully exploit the big screen.

50" is huge unless you have a political neta bungalow sized drawing room. consider 42"

unless your parents are into watching fast moving action movies, gaming and sports on a full time basis, I fail to understand what particular advantage plasma will confer you other than bragging rights on being a holdout and a higher power bill?

the world over LED dominates for a reason - cheaper, less prone to heat related issues, less power, reliable. I think LCD/LED outsells plasma by 100:1 in India, with only panasonic having a few plasma models...sammy not offering longer warranty is proof enough who has the higher sortie rates and uptimes.

would suggest get something like a 42" LG LED or a 40" samsung/panasonic LED and close the loop on this.

Plasma scores in picture quality - natural and accurate colors for those who are interested in those things (doesn't matter for only TV watching).
Besides they are said to be cheaper than equivalent sized LEDs/LCDs - not true in India though.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

merlin wrote:
pandyan wrote:100 k for a plasma? There are 55" led (pana/sam) sale in us for 1k$. Sdre are paying like celebs :( who is taking the money?
The usual suspects - customs, Panasonic India and the showrooms.
Yup also the massa online prices are do not include the sales tax which is ~5% in massa also they dont provide free wall fittings and installation and then the warranty is limited to 1 year (all will make some 500$ difference) - so as such panasonic is not that bad - its mainly the customs
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

btw 720p (HD ready) plasma panels will consume much lesser power than 1020p (full HD) panels. (110W-190W) And Panasonic gives 3 yr warranty while LG gives 1+4 yr warranty (1 yr default + 4 year AMC option). Samsung gives 1 yr warranty + 1+1 yr extension option for Plasma (introduced recently). Panasonic is extremely good at the high end plasmas (read above <50 inches ST) but the lower end X and XT/UT is a shade inferior to comparable Samsung models like E490/470/450. So PQ-wise Sammy will slightly prevail over Pana at lower end models of plasma spectrum. Do check out LG 2012 plasma models and compare with Pana X/XT/UT for SD quality using SD content on pen drive. I think LG is marginally better in upscaling SD to viewable quality than any other plasma.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

merlin wrote: ...Wait for a few days for Panasonic to cut prices (rumours in dark corners, but no one knows).

Well thats good to hear - with the rupee appreciating to the 53 level (still going up because of FDI hullabaloo) from 56 a month back atleast that deferential might be passed on.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

habal wrote:btw 720p (HD ready) plasma panels will consume much lesser power than 1020p (full HD) panels. (110W-190W) And Panasonic gives 3 yr warranty while LG gives 1+4 yr warranty (1 yr default + 4 year AMC option). Samsung gives 1 yr warranty + 1+1 yr extension option for Plasma (introduced recently). Panasonic is extremely good at the high end plasmas (read above <50 inches ST) but the lower end X and XT/UT is a shade inferior to comparable Samsung models like E490/470/450. So PQ-wise Sammy will slightly prevail over Pana at lower end models of plasma spectrum. Do check out LG 2012 plasma models and compare with Pana X/XT/UT for SD quality using SD content on pen drive. I think LG is marginally better in upscaling SD to viewable quality than any other plasma.
habalji , thanks for the insight much of it was unknown to me.
Manish Jain
BRFite

Post by Manish Jain »

Lilo ji,
Visit HiFi vision forums for some price/feature comparison between different TV models. You'll find some knowledgeable folks there. Helped me a lot when I bought my TV.

http://www.hifivision.com/television/
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

My first impression of the Microsoft Surface RT:

1. Screen is beautiful, although it has less PPI than the iPad 3/4, this was not an issue. Color accuracy was very good, but I did not run a calibration on it. Contrast and color saturation is excellent. The 16:9 or widescreen aspect ratio does not lend itself well when trying to present photos that are 3:2 aspect ratio. Video is great though, but reading e-books would be uncomfortable.
2. Holding it like other tablets seems a bit difficult. You could get used to it, but the torque on your hands due to the weight is uncomfortable. Old farts like myself, women and children have a higher probability of dropping it compared to smaller tablets. 10.6" diagonal is too big for this aspect ratio. It felt like something in between an Ultra Book and a tablet.
3. Does not have GPS or 4G or LTE connection.
4. Windows 8 apps won't necessarily run on the Surface RT. There is confusion about apps which will probably get worked out in the next several months, but puts apprehension in the minds of early adopters.
5. It easily finds wireless printers on your network and will install them without issue. Very nice.
6. Has a USB port which is also very nice, but I'm not sure if it is USB 2.0 or 3.0.
7. The detachable keyboard does work well enough with a track pad, but it is poorly made and in regular use will quickly fall apart at the seams. It's not worth the $120 MSFT is asking for it.
8. It comes with Office which is very nice and you can go to a traditional Windows desktop using the keyboard and track pad for those who may find a tablet intimidating.
9. It comes with Internet Exploder which is fast enough in loading pages and running Java Script, but the UI is clunky. If it had Windows 8 instead of Windows RT, you could probably install Firefox, Chrome or Safari on it.
10. Overall I do NOT recommend it and suggest people to wait for the Surface PRO, or better yet get some sort of Ultra Book or Mac Book Air (and install Windows on it). MSFT will probably get it right after the 3rd iteration. The question is can MSFT do this for a price of $500-$600? At this point I'm more interested in seeing the Sony 11.6" thin touch screen Windows 8 notebooks.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Google Play store now has Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 announced.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

I am looking for a tablet, mainly for internet, movies, reading pdf books. I need 32GB. Choice is between iPad3 and Samsung Galaxy. Any recommendations? My wife has an iPad3 so I am familiar with it.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

KJoishy wrote:I am looking for a tablet, mainly for internet, movies, reading pdf books. I need 32GB. Choice is between iPad3 and Samsung Galaxy. Any recommendations? My wife has an iPad3 so I am familiar with it.
Why only Appil and Samsung? Check out the ASUS Transformer Infinity. 32GB tablet available for ~$470 on Amazon.

http://eee.asus.com/en/transformer-infinity/features

There is an optional keyboard dock available which comes with a USB 2.0 port, SD card reader and adds 4.5 hours to the battery life of the tablet.

The Infinity is a bit thinner and lighter than the iPad and looks gorgeous. I don't think the Galaxy Tab is really in the same class as the iPad or ASUS Transformer TF700. The Galaxy Note 10.1 is Samsung's best tablet right now I think.

You can also wait a bit to see what the Nexus 10 is like.
Edit: Actually they have released the specs: https://play.google.com/store/devices/d ... us_10_16gb. Seems to be worth the wait. It has a Cortex A15 based processor that should perform better than anything else out there currently. Plus Android 4.2.
Abhijeet
BRFite

Post by Abhijeet »

Bam.

http://googleblog.blogspot.in/2012/10/n ... sizes.html

I don't get how the Nexus 4 is so cheap? Isn't it cheaper than the Galaxy Nexus was a few weeks back?
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

KJoishy wrote:I am looking for a tablet, mainly for internet, movies, reading pdf books. I need 32GB. Choice is between iPad3 and Samsung Galaxy. Any recommendations? My wife has an iPad3 so I am familiar with it.

If you don't need 3G/4G data connection, then get the Nexus 10 which will be released Diwali day for $499 in the 32 GB version. BTW, iPad 3 is discontinued, it is now iPad4.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Abhijeet wrote:Bam.

http://googleblog.blogspot.in/2012/10/n ... sizes.html

I don't get how the Nexus 4 is so cheap? Isn't it cheaper than the Galaxy Nexus was a few weeks back?

1. It is limited to HSPA+21, whereas HSPA+42 is now available in many places for faster data rates.
2. There is no CDMA version, sorry VZW and Sprint users, and also does not have LTE.
3. The 8 GB version is $299 and there is no expandable memory. The 16 GB is $349 which is the same price as the Galaxy Nexus.
4. Americans are addicted to subsidized phones, but pay more over a 2 year period. The subsidies work if you have a family of 3 or more that all have smart phones. The Nexus 4 has to compete here.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Mort Walker wrote: Americans are addicted to subsidized phones, but pay more over a 2 year period. The subsidies work if you have a family of 3 or more that all have smart phones. The Nexus 4 has to compete here.
When I bought my GSIII, it cost well over $600 unlocked as opposed to $200 on a 2 year contract. If I had bought the unlocked version, I would have still paid the same amount of money each month to AT&T as I do now. There are no special "unlocked only" data/voice plans available which will reduce my monthly bill to offset the extra cost of an unlocked phone. So an owner of an unlocked phone in the US will end up paying much more than someone using a subsidized version.
Abhijeet
BRFite

Post by Abhijeet »

The 349 for the Galaxy Nexus is after a year of price drops all the way down from 700+ at launch IIRC. This is an unheard of launch price for the flagship android phone, unlocked.

How much of a loss is Google/LG taking on this thing? Surely there's no way a new top of the line phone can be so cheap? I get that there is less of a hardware jump from the Galaxy Nexus to this than there was from the Nexus S to the Galaxy Nexus, but still.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Andy Rubin admitted that the Galaxy Nexus was a failed experiment. At the time of its release there was no Google Play Store, only the Marketplace for apps. When the Play Store came about, then the GNex was priced at $400, far lower than the $750 it sold for in November 2011. T-Mobile will have the Nexus 4 subsidized for $200, and it appears they will not install any bloatware or put restrictions on the device. It will be sold as is for a pure Android experience.

Both ATT and TMO have pre-paid plans that are good on price as opposed to on-contract 2 year plans.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

nachiket wrote: When I bought my GSIII, it cost well over $600 unlocked as opposed to $200 on a 2 year contract. If I had bought the unlocked version, I would have still paid the same amount of money each month to AT&T as I do now. There are no special "unlocked only" data/voice plans available which will reduce my monthly bill to offset the extra cost of an unlocked phone. So an owner of an unlocked phone in the US will end up paying much more than someone using a subsidized version.
T-mobile has 'the bring your own phone' plans.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

^^^Yeah. They are pretty good priced considering their HSPA+42 network is fast. Its available in more places than Sprint's LTE network and faster than VZW LTE network in over a dozen markets in the US.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Forstall to leave Apple? Bose babu what is the andar ki baat
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Forstall was doing a power grab. Saw himself the rightful heir to Mahdi, picked up fights with Sir-ji.

Also was responsible for numerous Pakistaniyats.

No matter how much you drink the FruitCo kool-aid, their UI on the phunwa is much dated. You have screens upon screens of rectangular icons (there is no differentiation between an app drawer and frequently used programs like Android), the only notification you have is from the pulldown --itself copied from Android, no widgets for at a glance information and the pulldown too makes it difficult to dismiss the notification. The app badges look like warts. Despite increasing OS version numbers, the UI has not progressed at all. Fanbois can turn around and claim that it is because it forces people not to learn new UIs, but the reality is, they have been unimaginative.

The biggest blunder though is having skeuomorphic designs. For voice recorder you have a microphone. For notes, you have a ruled notebook, for Passbook you have a fricking shredder! When computers were new, the metaphor to real world objects like a desktop, files and folders were needed to make people comfortable. Now you dont have to make a UI like how it is in the real world. You have a bitmapped display and how does Podcast maker show up? Like a tape recorder! how many teenagers have seen a tape recorder? Why is it in there?

Forstall was heavily in favor of skeuomorphic designs. Others were opposed to it. Also was responsible for Siri and Maps fiasco. Despite what Fruitco tells you, Siri and Maps are fiascos.

So here you have a fella doing power grab, challenging bawarchi, presiding over 2 biggest apple software flops (both touted as hero features) and reigning over an aging dated UI and picking up fights with Sir-ji and Cue (Sir-ji's industrial designs and Eddie Cue's apps/music lock-ins is what selling the iPhunwa, not Forstall's Russell Stover supermarket Chocolate box UI).

Competitors are making progress in the cost front (iPod touch is 300$, Nexus 4 phone is 300$) on the UI front, the fit and finish front and content partnership front. Something has to go.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

iPhone's Siri 'directs Chinese to brothels'
One suspected Apple of providing the service intentionally, while another noted how efficient it was at finding brothels, rather than restaurants that serve typically Chinese dishes.

"When I ask Siri about beef noodle soup or hotpot, she has no idea," the netizen said.

Another message said Siri's detailed knowledge of brothels puts Chinese law enforcement to shame.

"A mobile phone can know all this while the police do not?"

The service appeared to have been blocked by Monday, as Siri replied to variously worded attempts to find prostitutes with non-answers like: "There seems to have been a mistake" and "I didn't find anybody by that name".

China is the second-biggest market for Apple after the United States.

An Apple spokesperson could not be immediately reached for comment.
:rotfl: :rotfl:
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

suryag wrote:Forstall to leave Apple? Bose babu what is the andar ki baat
Looks like he wasn't the only bigwig asked to leave. New retail chief was also asked to take a hike
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 16304.html
executive Scott Forstall was asked to leave the company after he refused to sign his name to a letter apologizing for shortcomings in Apple's new mapping service, according to people familiar with the matter.

The incident was the latest clash between Mr. Forstall, who oversaw Apple's mobile software unit, and other executives at the company. It led to one of the most significant management shake-ups in Apple's recent history and its most sweeping changes under Chief Executive Tim Cook.

Apple announced the departure of Mr. Forstall on Monday along with the unrelated departure of its new retail chief, John Browett. People familiar with the matter said Mr. Browett was also asked to leave.

Mr. Browett, who only recently was appointed head of the company's retail operations, failed to fit in at Apple and made some missteps. They included the faulty implementation of a new staffing formula that cut some employee hours too severely.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

What do experienced folks think about the LG Nexus 4 phone? Specs wise, it looks amazing and on par with contemporary Android phones. Of course, lack of LTE and micro-SD slot features are disappointing. How important is or highly desirable for a phone in massa to have 4G LTE feature? Would HSPA+ suffice for usage like navigation, music streaming, Skype & streaming movies in SD quality? Also would 16GB storage be sufficient? Considering this phone seriously to be my next one. If I buy this phone, I would be jumping from 3yrd old S60 based Gumboot :) At least the promo of 4.2 Jellybean looks good.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

In India the internet speeds aren't great and the 3G coverage is patchy. So basing something on cloud isn't going to work here for the next few years. There should be a SDXC card reader in any new tab for me to consider it (or have at least 64gb space). I'm content with my transformer (2nd gen) as of now. I don't even put the keyboard dock on it any more. Does the job for reading PDF books and surfing. I have an ipad 2 which is almost exclusively my son's toy.
Iphone 5s are coming this week in the market, the shopowner tells me that he expects to see many who will easily fork the 45.5K for it. :eek:
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

I was waiting for Bose-da's take on this too... arre kaha chupa hai?!!

X Posting from Nukkad.

Apple fires 2 senior execs, Forstall and Browett.
Must be because of all the iOS6 issues. Talk is that Forstall thought he was a mini Steve Jobs and would behave similarly with people. There is a BIG difference between Jobs behaving like an a-hole and someone else.

Browett is out after just 9 months on the job.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/apple-iph ... nance.html

Why Apple's Mobile Leader Scott Forstall Is Out

Tamang
BRFite

Post by Tamang »

Why doesn't Google launch its phones and tablets in India. They are incredibly priced in other markets.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

NY times article.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/2 ... technology
a recent incident appeared to play a major role in his dismissal. After an outcry among iPhone customers about bugs in the company’s new mobile maps service, Mr. Forstall refused to sign a public apology over the matter, dismissing the problems as exaggerated

Mr. Forstall was a staunch believer in a type of user interface, skeuomorphic design, which tries to imitate artifacts and textures in real life. Most of Apple’s built-in applications for iOS use skeuomorphic design, including imitating a felt-topped gaming table in the Game Center application and a wooden bookshelf in the Newsstand application.

Mr. Jobs was also a proponent of skeuomorphic design; he had a leather texture added to apps that mimicked the seats on his private jet. Yet most other executives, specifically Mr. Ive, have always believed that these artifacts looked outdated and that user interface design on the computer had reached a point where such tricks were no longer necessary.

the relationship between Mr. Forstall and Mr. Ive had soured to a point that the two executives would not sit in the same meeting room together.

A senior Apple employee who asked not to be named said Mr. Forstall had also incurred the ire of other executives after inserting himself into product development that went beyond his role at the company.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Asus has kept ahead of the global PC shipment decline by breaking into the tablet market, offering Windows 8-based devices to the market. Tablet shipments have jumped from 800,000 in the second quarter to 2.3 million shipments in the third quarter, an increase of almost three-fold.
That is from Asus earnings call. Gives some idea of how many N7 they shipped.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

I think Chacha made a mistake by omitting LTE in the Nexus 4. They are competing primarily against other Android phones as FruitCo. customers are unlikely to switch over anyway. But the Nexus 4 gives current Galaxy Nexus customers have little reason to upgrade and there is nothing enticing about it to make Samsung and Moto smartphone owners think of changing either.

The Snapdragon S4 Pro chip will be quite powerful though. It'll be interesting to see how it stacks up in Benchmark tests against the A6X.