West Asia News and Discussions (YEMEN, gulf)

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Re: West Asia News and Discussions

Post by Chinmayanand »

nachiket wrote: Next time they are running low on forex, a $3bn gift won't magically materialize.
It will because bakis have islamic pomp and they are the mehdi .
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 39229.html
Saudi Arabia says it won't rule out building nuclear weapons

( Paki deliveries are on the way)
Saudi Arabia will not rule out building or acquiring nuclear weapons, the country’s ambassador to the United States has indicated.Asked whether Saudi Arabia would ever build nuclear weapons in an interview with US news channel CNN, Adel Al-Jubeir said the subject was “not something we would discuss publicly”.Pressed later on the subject he said: “This is not something that I can comment on, nor would I comment on.”The ambassador’s reticence to rule out a military nuclear programme may reignite concerns that the autocratic monarchy has its eye on a nuclear arsenal.Western intelligence agencies believe that the Saudi monarchy paid for up to 60% of Pakistan’s nuclear programme in return for the ability to buy warheads for itself at short notice, the Guardian newspaper reported in 2010.The two countries maintain close relations and are sometimes said to have a special relationship; they currently have close military ties and conduct joint exercises.
The Saudi Arabian regime also already possesses medium-range ballistic missiles in the form of the Royal Saudi Strategic Missile Force.In addition it has significant nuclear expertise in the form of a civilian nuclear programme of the kind Iran says it wants to develop.n 2012 the Saudi Arabian government threatened to acquire nuclear weapons were neighbouring regional power Iran ever to do so.“Politically, it would be completely unacceptable to have Iran with a nuclear capability and not the kingdom,” a senior Saudi source told The Times newspaper at the time.The United States and other Western allies say a deal with Iran on its nuclear programme is possible. Iran denies it is building nuclear weapons.The news comes days after Saudi Arabia launched a military operation in neighbouring Yemen aimed at suppression a rebel group that is attempting to form a central government.Saudi’s military operation against the advancing Shia Houthi group has been joined by Egyptian, Jordanian and Moroccan forces.
Y. Kanan
BRFite

Post by Y. Kanan »

Bhurishrava wrote:
Y. Kanan wrote:I wonder if Russia and Iran are both behind the Houthi rebellion? It seems to me that without Russian support, the Houthi are doomed. Iranian support alone will not be enough.
I'd be kind of surprised if Iran helped engineer the Houthi rebellion all on its own, without partnering up with Russia in this effort. If that's really the case, the Houthi will soon be crushed. They need advanced anti-tank weapons and SAM's to have any chance against this gigantic Sunni force bearing down on them.

I wonder if US and Saudi are both behind the ISIS rebellion. It seems to me that without American support the ISIS is doomed. Saudi support alone will not be enough.
I'd be kind of surprised if Saudi helped engineer the ISIS rebellion all on its own, without partnering up with US in this effort. If that's really the case, the ISIS will soon be crushed. They need advanced anti-tank weapons and SAM's to have any chance against this gigantic Syria/Iran force bearing down on them.
Quit pussyfooting around and just say whatever the hell it is you're trying to say. Why do so many of my fellow Indians insist on speaking in riddles or sarcasm all the time?
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

Really doubt that pakis denying any involvement publicly can be taken seriously. Pakis will provide support by claiming their soldiers are non state actors or allowing them to take orders from some Saudi/foreign general...Pakis are rentboys first and foremost, and what they are really afraid of is being seen to be for $ale by the local jihadis, as that will have local consequences.

Take example of the NLI and the downhill skiiing brigade in Kargil where all the paki army soldiers were all disowned by the Paki army -- no reason why they won't do that now, especially since it is the Saudi barbarians asking them nicely (with a bunch of cash in store if they comply).

The Saudi are given support by the US army as stated by Nightwatch, so it should not be surprising that the houthis are backed by Iranians and others.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

If ground forces are involved, I'm very positive that pakis are in it. What good are warm bodied pakis, unless put on rent?

Anyway, so many moving pieces in ME that, for someone like me who does not follow relationships and motivations as deeply as gurus on this dhaga it is confusing, so I found a diagram that could make it easy to understand.

(Courtesy of ZH)

Not really :) On a much serious note, there is something that does not add up. If Eye-ran is supporting Hooties, why is Mr. O is pressuring Oeropeans to wrap up noo-clear deal with Eye-ran, if the intention is to beat Hooties? Unless the true intentions with respect to wrapping up noo-clear deal, just before elections kick off, is something totally different. Something doesn't add up.
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

To deprive the russians of an ally and/or get an inside into Iran to keep an eye on activity that
bypasses pakistan and Afghanisthan. Another possibility is to fan the flames of (or assist the sunnis in) the shia-sunni rumble in progress.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

udaym, That is a system dynamics map and if you and a team a re really upto it you can model it and see how it plays out. I think US has already modeled it and is making Iran in two minds with nuke deal vs yemen.
Yemen in Shia hands will make KSA fall.

Long ago Muhammed got energized when Sana was ruled by a Jewish king!!!
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

Looks like Saudis already lost one of their F-15, pilots resucued by US
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Kannan he is quite clear.
He thinks ISIS is a US and KSA joint project and went awry.
Many Western commentators also say same.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Somehow I am having a feeling Khan is not playing the game properly. US state Dep is not having a colonial capabilities of Brits, french etc. Further SA indoctrinated and funded Islamic forces merged with long existing anti Israeli forces are playing a serious role in the present mess. Iran is now fully on path to becoming a covert or overt nuclear power. SA is a covert one already. I will not be surprised if we have some 10 more nuclear power in the the next decade most of them in ME. Before long we will be seeing use of these weapons at least tactical ones.

By the way how can rag tag forces in Yemen shot down F-15 a super duper Khan maal??? I mean pilots lost way and feel in Sea???? :mrgreen:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Khan is not remotely in control of overall chaos machine.
It has some local levers here and there.

Shia sunni bloodlust predates existence of khan by 800 years...that over rides all
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Saudi psyops

http://m.thepeninsulaqatar.com/qatar-pe ... i-alliance

I really hope this happens, hotting up of Pak Iran border will heat up the last dormant Border for Pakistan.....
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

I think Saudis suspect that Uncle may be planning to end the present regime by pincer movement of ISIS and Shia rebellion, so they are trying to be proactive
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

Saudis are funding and backing the ISIS, with the US's blessing from all indications, so why would they think the ISIS is out to get them....they may do so eventually, but right now, most of the monetary support for ISIS (and moral and diplomatic support) comes from ISIS.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

...so they are trying to be proactive
Nothing wrong with that. KSA, in theory, also has the right to think strategically, assuming they are doing the thinking and not acting as a proxy. Not sure which sheikh is burning so many brain cells, unless it is outsource, i.e. uncle khan is doing it on their behalf. Regardless, such co-ordination of countries on Eye-ran's east and western borders seems too much for KSA's capacities. Briturds used the same divide-n-rule techniques in India to put local kings against each other before taking over all the kingdoms, after they bled each other to death.
Murugan
BRF Oldie

Post by Murugan »

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

http://www.nst.com.my/node/78671
NEW DELHI: India said Sunday it was preparing to airlift stranded citizens from war-torn Yemen despite the bombing of the country’s main international airport.

Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj said air evacuations would take place from Yemen, which has been plunged into chaos by a Huthi Shiite rebellion that has triggered Saudi-backed airstrikes on the capital Sanaa.

Some 4,100 Indians are currently in Yemen, including 3,100 in Sanaa, 500 in Aden and the rest around the country, the minister said.

“Today we got permission to fly from Sanaa for three hours a day. We will use this slot for evacuating our citizens every day,” Swaraj said on Twitter.
member_23370
BRFite

Post by member_23370 »

On what planet does Israel have 14 submarines?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Shhh! 13 of the 14 Israeli nuke subs are concealed in the Golan Heights.

But that is of little interest to UBCN. Here is more interesting khabar. Abologies eeph bosted on PeeAref already.
Sanaa, Yemen (CNN)Oversized military trucks painted in desert beige hauled tanks in the same camouflage color down a dark highway late Saturday past glowing billboards in the Saudi Arabian town of Jazan. With the border with Yemen little more than 20 miles away, the trucks captured on a video distributed by the news agency Reuters also carried a message: Suggestions of a ground incursion into Yemen, which is in the throes of a Houthi rebel uprising, may be more than just talk. Saudi Arabia and Egypt have both spoken about the possibility of putting boots on the ground before. And on Saturday, Yemeni Foreign Minister Riyadh Yaseen said he expected coalition troops to be in Yemen within days. Saudi leaders have said that if troops do go in, they won't leave until they have degraded the Houthis' ability to do battle, CNN's Ian Lee reported (IOW, the Saudis will fight to the last Saudi). The Houthis are apt guerrillas. A fight on the ground could prove bloody and lengthy. Politically, the situation appears to be heating up. Ahmed Ali Abdullah Saleh, the son of former Yemen President Ali Abdullah Saleh, has been removed from his post as ambassador to United Arab Emirates, according to two aides of the nation's current President, Abdu Rabu Mansour Hadi. Hadi fled the country in February amid the Houthi uprising. He went to Aden and declared that he remained the country's leader. Also on Sunday, pro-Hadi fighters took over Aden's airport, according to security officials in Aden, but that airport hasn't been operational for weeks. Yemen's ex-president, Ali Abdullah Saleh, a Shiite, still holds influence over large parts of the Yemeni army, and his troops are also fighting the government. In a taped speech played on Yemen Today TV on Friday, he called for the airstrikes to stop and offered in return not to run for president in the next elections.
The Saudi-led coalition fighting the Shiite Houthis, who deposed the Yemeni government and seized territory in a series of offensives, began its military action last week.
It answered Hadi's call for intervention with an unrelenting air campaign called Determination Storm. (Ooooo!!! Original!!)
President's warning
Hadi slipped out of Yemen last week and has gone to the resort town of Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt, to attend the Arab League summit, where he is rallying support with leaders of member nations for Operation Determination Storm. Support is already broad. The coalition nations participating in the bombardments make up about a third of the league's membership (and 80% of the idiots in the world). On Saturday, Hadi called the Houthis out: "You violated the Honor, Dignity and Sovirginity (of the goats of Yemen), and you pear the resbonsipility for what habbened and what is going to habben."
Dozens have died from the coalition bombardment. Houthi commanders put the death toll at 48. Most of the dead are civilians, they said, in a great compliment to the aim of the Saudi Air Fauj
Airstrikes have hit Houthi militant groups, smashed their big air defense guns and crumbled key infrastructure that links major towns with the capital, Sanaa, a Saudi official has said. The coalition has destroyed Yemeni army weapons caches and military facilities.
Saudi naval special forces have also rescued dozens of diplomats, the official said. And many U.N. representatives have fled the unrest.
Saudi Arabia has set up a blockade, effectively cutting off Houthi supply lines, and its air force controls Yemeni airspace. They have threatened to attack ships that might supply the rebels.
Regional religious chasm
The Shiite Houthis are allied with Iran, a majority Shiite nation. Saudi Arabia has accused Iran of beefing up the Houthis' weaponry for their offensive.
Hadi denounced them on Saturday as Iran's "BuBBet."
"I say to the BuBBet of Iran, and those who are with him, you destroyed Yemen with your immature bolitics, and creating internal and regional crisis," he said.
The conflict splits the region along religious lines. Determination Storm's coalition comprises the majority (Sunni) idiot nations of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Jordan, Morocco, Egypt and Sudan.
On Saturday, Houthis claimed to have shot down a Sudanese jet and captured the pilot. They distributed photos of a pilot and wreckage to back up the claim.
Iran and Saudi Arabia are bitter rivals. Having Yemen become an Iranian satellite country on its border would be unacceptable to the kingdom. Iran has sharply denounced the Saudi-dominated armed intervention. And two Arab League members, Lebanon and Iraq, have voiced opposition to Determination Storm, Lee reported. Both countries are majority Shiite.
Israeli PM Nut&Yahoo blah blah (deleted)
U.S. interests
The United States voiced approval of the airstrikes :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . It's supporting them logistically and aiding coalition forces in locating targets, but it is not participating in active battle.
We are always for Peace in the Middle East and The Whole World!
said Nobel Peace-Prize-Winning President B. O'Bomber.
We support Sunnis against Shias in Syria.
Shias against Sunnis in Iraq.
Sunnis against Shias in Yemen.
Shias against Sunnis in Turkey.
Sh1thead Pakis against humans everywhere

The unrest in Yemen led to the withdrawal of U.S. special forces earlier this month, seriously undermining counterterrorism efforts in a country that has been a stronghold for al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP).
So who is Al Qaeda? Shia or Sunni? Prize answer: SUNNI!!!
For years, Yemen had allowed U.S. drones and special operations forces to stalk AQAP in the country. Now, that arrangement is in tatters.

On Saturday, the coalition struck al Anad Airbase, which was used as the headquarters for U.S. counterterrorism operations, Houthi commanders said. Houthi rebels had taken control of the base.
Country in chaos

Houthi rebels and the government began doing battle in 2004, but arrived at a ceasefire in 2010, according to the CIA World Factbook. The country has seen much unrest in the wake of the Arab Spring uprising.

Arab Spring wasn't supposed to turn out like this

Yemen was plunged into chaos when the Houthi rebels, who have long felt marginalized in the majority Sunni country, began seizing control of the capital and other areas of the country last fall.

Houthis moved into Sanaa in September, sparking battles that killed a few hundred people before a ceasefire was called. In January, they surrounded the presidential palace and Hadi resigned and was put under house arrest.
In February the Houthis took control of military forces stationed near Sanaa, including the air force.
But the chaos is not limited to the Houthi uprising.
In the area of the southern port city of Aden, opposing Yemeni military forces -- those allied with the Houthis, and those supporting Hadi -- have fought for more than a week.
Journalist Hakim Almasmari reported from Sanaa; CNN's Ben Brumfield wrote this story from Atlanta. CNN's Jason Hanna and Ian Lee contributed to this report.
UBCN edited it slightly.
Another victory for State Department Foreign Policy.
Y. Kanan
BRFite

Post by Y. Kanan »

ramana wrote:Kannan he is quite clear.
He thinks ISIS is a US and KSA joint project and went awry.
Many Western commentators also say same.
Of course ISIS is a US\Saudi\Qatari project. I'm the one who pushed that theory the hardest.

Which is why I sincerely hope the Russians and Iranians are doing the same thing. I hope they have a plan for the Houthis other than letting them get slaughtered by the massive Sunni coalition about to thrown at them. They need SAMs and anti-tank weapons. Lots of them.
member_24684
BRFite

Post by member_24684 »

So China Docked It's Frigate in Aden Port and Continuing the Evac of 600 Chinese nationals from Yemen.

But we get 3 hour Permission to use the Yemeni Airspace everyday, and our Ships are due to arrive by after april first, Speed Track or what

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

this must be one of the piracy patrol ships already in the area. they will need to send planes or lease some passenger ships to transport workers to safety just one frigate is not enough.

meantime its quite clear neither the iraqi army or shia militias have the training needed to conclude complex urban battles with the ISIS.
there is no form of small unit infantry drills that befit a regular army in evidence.

so if they ever want to take Mosul, the usaf will have to build up a large force in the region...perhaps 200 fighters and 50 bombers to do heavy lifting. secondly the kurds and iraqi artillery and rocket units will need a lot of beefing up and training for co-ordinated fires where atleast small units of 6-12 guns are able to move and fire together for effect ....multi regiment co-ordination is too much to hope for. signals regiment will need something more than cellphones :twisted:

they will need to relearn how to use tanks and combat engineers properly...right now its a free for all of yahoos driving around randomly firing nasrs, TOS, T72 and abrams all together
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBS6ijrVAAAkaS1.jpg

how this rag tag mob shapes up over the summer will be interesting.
in any regular army those guys would not be hanging around infront of the firing unit. :rotfl:
vijaykarthik
BRFite

Post by vijaykarthik »

Yagnasri wrote:Somehow I am having a feeling Khan is not playing the game properly. US state Dep is not having a colonial capabilities of Brits, french etc. Further SA indoctrinated and funded Islamic forces merged with long existing anti Israeli forces are playing a serious role in the present mess. Iran is now fully on path to becoming a covert or overt nuclear power. SA is a covert one already. I will not be surprised if we have some 10 more nuclear power in the the next decade most of them in ME. Before long we will be seeing use of these weapons at least tactical ones.

By the way how can rag tag forces in Yemen shot down F-15 a super duper Khan maal??? I mean pilots lost way and feel in Sea???? :mrgreen:
U forget - they captured the airforce base in Aden, remember. The base was conveniently used by the US SF just a few days before and they left their cache of goodies to be used and abused.

Rinse.

Repeat
vijaykarthik
BRFite

Post by vijaykarthik »

How different is the Sunni Yechandee and Sovirginity vis a vis the Shias WRT Yemen?

Sometimes the morons at the helm don't understand that the struggle is far more potent, more dramatic and more concerning than the way they want to paint it. The Yemen struggle is also about resources and unequal resource allocation apart from the invisible struggle of Sunnis vs Shias.

Sanaa will run out of water by 2022. Ditto Sadaa. All kinds. Ground, aquifer, IBWT etc etc. And they just don't want devolution of federated powers to regions. that means more commotion etc etc.
vijaykarthik
BRFite

Post by vijaykarthik »

Todays NW is even more brilliant... and critical and what not.
Yemen: Reliable open sources reported that the Houthis recaptured Aden airport on Saturday. A press source claimed that pro-Hadi fighters captured it again on Sunday, but that is not confirmed. Multiple sources reported that Houthi militiamen clashed with pro-Hadi fighters in central Aden for the first time.

Reliable open sources reported that pro-Hadi tribes repelled the Houthi attempt to push into Shabwah Governate. They claimed they killed 30 Houthis in the effort. The Houthis are reported to be continuing to try to seize control of more territory in central Yemen.

Evacuation update. India, Pakistan and China are in the process of evacuating thousands of their nationals. Pakistan has chartered large civil air transports to fly its nationals from Sana'a. China has sent a navy ship to Aden to assist in the evacuation of some 500 Chinese nationals. India is sending two navy ships to Aden and is using civil aircraft to evacuate 3,500 guest workers. The Saudis have already evacuated their diplomats from Aden.

Comment: The evacuation of diplomats and guest workers is a prudent precaution, but it always signifies that leaders in the several countries judge the security situation is and will continue to be unsafe. In this case, unsafe means the countries supporting the Hadi government expect the Houthis to take Aden soon.

Saudi Update: On 29 March, in his fourth daily update, Brigadier General Asiri said that prior to Decisive Storm, the Houthis managed to transfer a "huge inventory of ammunition and weapons." He claimed that "a regional country" had helped distribute the supplies by air throughout the country.

Asiri said that coalition aircraft continue to target air defenses and ballistic missile sites and they are "roaming the skies" searching for moving targets, i.e., targets of opportunity. He said the operation is "delayed" because the Coalition leaders want to avoid destroying Yemen's infrastructure.

He restated that all air and sea access to Yemen is now controlled by the "Allied Forces."

He also said that the Saudis are actively defending the southern border of the Kingdom from the Houthis.

Comment: The reports over the weekend indicate that a low intensity civil war is in progress, mainly in the south. The Houthis thus far are winning it. They show no signs of complying with League of Arab States', Saudi or Hadi government demands. At this early stage of this fight, no side shows signs of willingness to compromise.

The pro-Hadi fighters have outside air support, but outside intervention is not yet degrading Houthi dominance in western Yemen.

The theme in official and in a few individual statements over the weekend has been that the fight to remove the Houthis from Sana'a will be harder and take longer than it seemed before the campaign started. Initially, the private speculation was that the air campaign would last a month. By the 29th, some leaders privately mentioned up to six months or as long as required.

Every daily briefing has included a summary of military activity along Saudi Arabia's southern border. The border summaries reinforce the overall message that the Saudis are defending themselves.

One of the NightWatch mantras is that aircraft never take and hold ground. The air campaign is still young, but General Asiri's reference to "roaming the skies" implies the aircrews already have run out of fixed targets. No organized, well-armed and well led southern ground forces exist to force the Houthis to return to north Yemen or even to take advantage of the air campaign.

The Houthis remain defiant and refuse to budge, except to control more territory. No source has reported Houthi militia casualty estimates from the air attacks. Whatever the numbers are, they are not yet forcing the Houthis to leave Aden, much less Sana'a.

The Sunni Arab monarchies have no option but to succeed, now that they have escalated the confrontation with the Houthis and Iran into a war. If Decisive Storm fails, the Saudis will have been the agents of a strategic shift in favor of Iran.

The Houthis have the option of outwaiting the air campaign. They also know that a Coalition ground invasion would involve urban fighting and the likely destruction of much of Yemen's urban sector. It would not be easy or quick and easily could bog down.

Operation Decisive Storm involves multiple large gambles about Houthi behavior and Iranian advice under military coercion. Some Coalition statements suggest the leaders already appreciate that they misjudged Houthi resilience. They also might need to reevaluate their strategy.
BTW, does anyone in BRF know the NW fellas? Is anyone planning on subscribing for their paid news service? They seem like a good way to keep track of info. Thoughts? Wondering if there is a better way to coordinate track information etc etc.
Siddhu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Siddhu »

War in the middle east will drive the oil prices higher, and the ruble gets stronger.
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

The Yemen imbroglio was promoted by Russia (vectored via Iran) - it is punishment for Saudi support to Islamic terrorism against Russia. On top of that, Russia is telling the US that just like US cut Russian energy supply line to Europe, Russia can also cut the energy supply line that is the backbone of US empire. Strengthening of the Ruble is a welcome side effect (for Russia).

The Yemen imbroglio has exposed the soft underbelly of KSA - its internal Shia/Sunni divide. It has exposed that KSA is one of the most fragile states in the world. Energy consumer countries will now seek to diversify their sources of supply, regardless of how this conflict turns our for KSA or how short/long it will turn out to be.

So think about this: Since 1991, US has been removing energy suppliers from the market, and shifting that demand to KSA. With one fell stroke, Putin has ended that spree.

-------------------
I think it is sweet irony that Russia is using the same tactics (Islamic guerillas) against KSA/USA after they had used it to oust USSR from Afghanistan quarter century ago.
vijaykarthik
BRFite

Post by vijaykarthik »

IMO, they have taken a very brave (read grave) decision. As NW correctly points out, KSA has forced itself into a corner: nothing but success in this mission will cut it. They are trying to retain their stranglehold over the Sunnis and the Arabs and if they fail here they have hell to pay for.

I hope the opponents see the opening and tear apart the opening and bring the door down. Absent KSA funding, Paki terrorism will stop too. Simple. except that its not so easy in reality.

Balance of power means the external powers come in at some point of time to ensure that there is no clear cut victory for any faction.
vijaykarthik
BRFite

Post by vijaykarthik »

But does open up a set of grave questions:

What exactly is the rule of the UN nowadays? They at least used to have an ornamental role earlier. Not so anymore, I reckon. Earlier it used to be the hegemonic powers that refused to follow the rules. With this new KSA move, looks like just about any idiot can.

Peace and Security don't seem like morals and ideals that the current UN strives for or stands for. Opens large philosophical and realpolitik questions for the world at large.
And Jokerry calls this a move which the US endorses and also savors the moment. Really? All the while the Russians, the Egyptians and scores of them did their jig covertly and there was almost universal opprobrium. Now KSA does it overtly and US endorses?
Jaeger
BRFite

Post by Jaeger »

And that, Singha, is the 1st TOS-1A MLRS I've seen in action. Wiki says the Iraqi army has 4 such systems...
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

Absent KSA funding, Paki terrorism will stop too. Simple. except that its not so easy in reality.
Pakis have many more sources of funding. Their biggest source of dollars is narcotics, somethings they do in alliance with the Anglo-Americans.

Another source of funding is terrorism against India (yes, terror is a money generating activity, not a money burning one). A huge amount of money is spent to 'fight' terrorism, to re-build infrastructure 'damaged' in attacks, to the next of kin of people who have died in terrorists acts / or army action, etc etc. A huge chunk of this spending (which is largely unregulated and unaudited) goes to terrorists.

Ending KSA funding to pak won't stop those buggers. They are a rentier state without parallel (and they lack the self respect to change themselves).
member_24684
BRFite

Post by member_24684 »

our Plans

1. Evac through Roads - Road Transport is not safer to cross Yemeni Border - Plan 1 denied
2. Evac through Air - We get Three hour/day to use the Yemeni Air space - Yemeni Run ways damaged because of Saudi Bombing - Plan 2 meh
3. Evac through Sea - use Ferry's and Ships to evac peoples from Yemen through Aden port, Indian Ships arrive by after April 2- Today Houti's advancing near to Aden port and Heavy fighting - Plan 3 wtf

Now MEA is in meet with IAF cheif former Army cheif and IN officials
member_24684
BRFite

Post by member_24684 »

What
Devirupa Mitra ‏@DevirupaM

Indian air forces asked to deploy 2 planes. INS Sumitra, INS Mumbai, INS Tarkash to be part of op. Two passenger ships on way. #Yemen
two passenger Ships escorted by a Destroyer, Frigate and a OPV

yada yada Houti Aden Port is ours
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

As per wiki chacha 60-65% of population in Yeman is Sunnis. Yet they lost power and capital to Shia and are unable to take it back from them without outside support. In Iraq Sunnis are minority and they are winning there. :D

Song of Oil and Sand. :mrgreen:
member_24684
BRFite

Post by member_24684 »

The MEA Spokesperson Press Brief

15.min

Sound Cloud Audio

EARLIER MENTIONED Ships, more number of Passenger Ship, 2 IAF C 17 standby in Djibouti two Air India in Muscat
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

As suspected, bakis officially going in Yey-man with KSA. Cheap oil/gas offer from KSA from few wells ago wasn't free after all.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Yagnasri wrote:As per wiki chacha 60-65% of population in Yeman is Sunnis. Yet they lost power and capital to Shia and are unable to take it back from them without outside support. In Iraq Sunnis are minority and they are winning there. :D

Song of Oil and Sand. :mrgreen:
That is the disruptive power of a minority. Many lessons for India.
vaibhav.n
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vaibhav.n »

Couple of Points;

1. Houthi's is originally an student movement which was crushed around 2003. They are actually Zaidi's (a sub-sect within Shia Islam) much like Alawites. The Zaidi's have traditionally held more military power, even the ex-President Saleh is a Zaidi. One of the reasons he went back to the Shia Camp after the fall from power.

2. The Yemeni Army has been split down the middle with most of the veteran and well armed units siding with Saleh. Their US trained Special Forces still owe loyalty to Saleh and have helped the Houthi's drive to Aden infact.

3. The last time the Egyptians sent an 40,000 strong Army to intervene in the Yemen Civil War close to 8,000 Egyptian Soldiers returned home in bodybags. The Houthi's/Zaidi's are way more powerful than the 1970's....