West Asia News and Discussions (YEMEN, gulf)

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Re: West Asia News and Discussions

Postby Singha » 27 Sep 2015 13:22

the terrain seems similar to indo-pak area in southern punjab and rajasthan and we can expect similar results if tanks and IFVs are used so poortly.

Austin
BRF Oldie

Postby Austin » 27 Sep 2015 16:37

I think the Houthis still dont have the Kornet and RPG-29 both are with Tandem Warhead and can do damage to Tanks at their weak spot.

They seem to be using the terrain quite effectively for their ambushes and the opposing forces dont have or seem to have very thin infantary and aircover for their tanks.

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 27 Sep 2015 16:43

thin? I think mostly they run away or abandon their vehicles and there is no aircover working in concert with the army.

the AF is fighting their own war as PAF does!

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 27 Sep 2015 16:53

remains of another destroyed armour-mech column
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVJFKKwgpkA

UAE column getting hit from high ground in marib area where they mounted a showpiece offensive like ODS..with leclerc tanks also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DJExSXyFGc

burned out abrams tank
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb3NPw2SZWw

I can understand the cries to Allah and Ali and death to amrika after each hit, but not the death to israel thing...israel has no vested interest in this fight.

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 27 Sep 2015 16:54

on paper the UAE and Saudi armies are superbly equipped highly mechanised TFTA , far better kit than indian army - rifles, dress, bradley IFV, wheeled recce vehicles, abrams, leclercs, MRAPs,apache helicopters....they have spent a lot of money on this.

4 apaches lost to fire or flying accident + 3 destroyed in the tochka attack on safir base per themess forum.
@ 50 mil each, thats 350 mil of kit right there.

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 27 Sep 2015 17:04

>> I think the Houthis still dont have the Kornet and RPG-29 both are with Tandem Warhead and can do damage to Tanks at their weak spot

@200m from the side or back RPG29 will probably penetrate even the abrams turret. the kornet is a lot fiercer.

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 27 Sep 2015 17:28

comment from one user lord_helmet in that forum:

I'm completely mindblown by the amount of equipment the Arab coalition is losing. MATV's are pretty sturdy vehicles, while the front end of the truck can be easily blow up by 50 lbs of home made explosives everyone in the cabin can walk out (saw it in Afghan). I've been watching all these videos of convoys getting attacked and blown up left and right and some caught my attention. Most videos are recorded from the Yemeni side where they are unloading fire, but I've yet to see the gunners in all those brand new MATV's shoot at anything. Most of the time on the videos it seems the is no gunner up in the turret manning the MG. Even if they're in the chaos of battle and getting lit up the natural reaction is ammo dump on the enemy. Shoot at them more than what they shoot at you.

Seems like arab motorized forces roll up into an ambush, come to a complete stop then proceed to get lit up. Then a segment of the unit just flees and leaves the shot up vehicles behind while the rest turn around and drive away as fast as they can. Then then Houthis just do target practice with anything they got. Eventually CAS comes in and drops some LGBs around and fight is over. Then rinse and repeat. Am I the only one here who sees this trend? Like no violence of action of the coalition forces. Abandoned MATVs, Bradleys and Abrams left scattered around. For an expeditionary force of supposedly 2,000 those losses are huge.

As a former turret gunner in an MATV I've been lit up by the Taliban before, but at any given chance of enemy fire the response across the entire unit both mounted and dismounted you shoot at everything and anything that might seem like an enemy firing position when the situation is getting rough. Seems like the Saudi's and Emiratis choose to flee and leave the gear behind rather than get on line and shoot back.

Sorry if I'm just adding my opinion, but its shocking to see so much equipment lost so fast. Haven't seen so many knocked out vehicles since the Afgahn summer of '10 when the war was bad (back most truck losses were due to IEDs).

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 27 Sep 2015 17:32

seems for lack of willing saudis, the KSA govt has organized paid merceneries from africa to form a 'yemen national army' (expeditionary edition). perhaps they have been promised a share of the spoils. old kabila tactics.

Sauds are shopping for 'soldiers' in Somalia and similar places. That's how the new 'Yemen National Army' - established and paid for by Sauds and Emiratis on behalf of Hadi - grew to about 10,000 in less than a month...

Paul
BRF Oldie

Postby Paul » 27 Sep 2015 17:34

In desertstorm the fierce opposition by the Iraqis deploying Kornets knocking of M1s forced Bush to call the Russians and provide technical details on them.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Postby UlanBatori » 27 Sep 2015 17:41

Strange videos. There are never any Saudis inside these vehicles when they are hit - always seem to be hit after the occupants run away? Don't the Yemenis have skills to turn the turrets and fire a few shots deeper into Saudistan before gutting these vehicles? I mean, a tank gun should have a range of a few miles, right?

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 27 Sep 2015 19:22

7-step sequence seems to be:
1) convoy gets ambushed and takes some fire or the lead vehicle takes a RPG/ATGM/mine and is crippled
2) any vehicles being fired on or hit are immediately abandoned and occupants throw away kit and melt away into the bush
3) driveable vehicles do a U-turn and stage a tactical retreat
4) houthis move in, take youtube video, and burn empty vehicles
5) shouts of Allah, Ali, death to america, death to israel
6) saudi/emirati CAS might fly in and bomb the remains but the houthis are agile and disperse rapidly.
7) houthis post youtube video

for the saudi border posts, apparently the occupants ran away once the fire fight got intense and called for CAS support which arrived after the houthis already burned the houses down. someone is claiming there are always saudi EF/F15/GR4 stacked up over yemen 24x7 for CAS with USAF tanker support and they provide CAS on demand but these agile houthi ambush units are hard targets for fast movers to target. fleets of cobra gunships might work better if someone can use them.

egypt and TSP army might be able to defeat the yemenis if deployed in strength but neither seems interested despite generous saudi help to both over the years.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Postby UlanBatori » 27 Sep 2015 20:38

If the Houthis manage to hide a few tanks and get trained to shoot at helicopters... surely these tanks must have some default capability for air defense although there is no need for that on this mission? Are the Saudis alert enough to have removed all air defense equipment? Wouldn't that convey major doubt about H&D, as in "v expect u 2 b captured by half-starved Somali teenagers"? So I think the vehicles must have at least AA, if not SAMs.

Maybe the tanks etc are being blown up by the Saudis remotely - or by drone-fired missiles. One of those seemed to go "boom" right after the shot of the Houthis posing standing on it and tying their banner to the front. Why would they do that to a vehicle they were going to blow up? So the 'AOA" may be a goodbye to fried comrades?

Y. Kanan
BRFite

Postby Y. Kanan » 27 Sep 2015 23:18

Singha wrote:I can understand the cries to Allah and Ali and death to amrika after each hit, but not the death to israel thing...israel has no vested interest in this fight.

No, the Houthi's anger toward Israel is quite justified. Israel's been backing the Gulf kingdoms in their quest to overthrow Shia-led govts throughout the region, including even backing ISIS and treating their wounded fighters in Isreali hospitals. Isreal is absolutely doing its best to help the Saudi\Wahhabi\Sunni bloc of nations in the region, as they view Iran to be the bigger threat. Not because Iran is crazy, but precisely because they are not. Rather than secular moderate govts, Israel would rather have people like ISIS running the entire region. This is because Israel with its walled-off, super secure border knows that they are immune from all the terrorism and militancy that will spill over into all the neighboring countries, so why not help the Sunnis win?

Israel doesn't care if Sunnis take over the entire ME and then spill over into Europe, Russia, India because they themselves are safe. So what if Europeans, Russians, Indians die? They're not Jews, so they don't even really count as "people".

Y. Kanan
BRFite

Postby Y. Kanan » 27 Sep 2015 23:38

Could the Iraqis finally be charting the course I recommended back in 2014? Back at that time I posted here that Maliki should tell the US to go f*ck itself, refuse to step down, and turn to the Russians and Iranians as its new primary allies. Well that didn't happen last year; instead Maliki did step down and his successors meekly turned to the US for help against ISIS, which proved to be a complete farce. After a year of "bombing" it's clear the US never had any intention of destroying ISIS.

Well, maybe now is the time for Iraq to revisit this option of dumping the US. Ever since the invasion, Iraq has been an American puppet, and has towed the US line on all foreign policy matters. This despite years of Washington looking the other way as Saudi\Qatar\UAE\Kuwait funded Sunni militancy inside Iraq. Just like the Afghan govt, the Iraqi govt was put into power by the US, and then promptly betrayed by the US as it turned a blind eye to the nefarious activities of its own "allies". In the case of Iraq, you have a US-installed govt under siege by the Gulf kingdoms and their $$$ billions funding Sunni militants. In the case of Afghanistan, you have a US-installed govt under seige by US-ally Pakistan vis-a-vis its Taliban proxies. In both cases, a US-installed puppet govt faces the prospect of watching their country be destabilized and undermined by US allies, whom Washington not only refuses to put on a leash, but seems to even encourage.

No wonder both the Afghan and Iraqi govts are turning against the United States. Why wouldn't they; with friends like the US, who needs enemies?

Anyway this could be an opportunity for Iraq, Iran, Syria and Russia to all team up very closely and finally present a united front against the Saudi bloc. Conveniently, these countries are all more or less geographically linked together. Essentially it would be a Russian-backed Shia bloc on one side (Iran\Iraq\Syria\Houthis) vs a US-backed Sunni bloc (Saudi\Qatar\UAE\Kuwait\Turkey\ISIS\AQAP\etc) on the other. I know I'm oversimplifying here, but you get the idea...

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 28 Sep 2015 07:30

good explanation Kananji.

Surya
BRF Oldie

Postby Surya » 28 Sep 2015 07:51

Singha

the Egyptians long ago sent a large army to Yemen (60s)

and got their musharraf handed over to them

If they are smart they will stay out of this other than some token nautanki

Austin
BRF Oldie

Postby Austin » 28 Sep 2015 08:49

Houthis have captured UAE Leclerc

ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Postby ArmenT » 28 Sep 2015 08:51

Austin wrote:Houthis have captured UAE Leclerc

Captured, or crew defected? There doesn't appear to be any damage on the tank at all, it looks practically new and delivered in pristine condition.

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 28 Sep 2015 09:13

looks at the burn marks on the anti-RPG grill in the back..it took a hit and might have been a superficial fire over the engine or a glancing damage to the engine hood. the UAE model leclercs have the swank europak MTU diesel and renk transmission.

in any case that was cue for the emirati stormtrooper crew to open hatches and run away as fast as they could I suppose :roll:

the two abrams in the video I posted were atleast fighting back like cornered tigers with their main guns, though the coax HMG was perhaps more appropriate the M1 can carry upto 10,000 HMG rounds for that gun if needed though something like 2000 is usually carried.

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 28 Sep 2015 09:19

the afghan leadership is probably coming to the realization that GOAT is a farce and america will never be willing or able to control TSP and its safe harbour to the taliban, hizb e islami and many more. neither is it willing or able to curtail gulf funding for the wahabi warriors.

if they join the new syria-iraq-iran-russia formation that would open a longer border with russia and more secure for the entire block.

iran does share a border with azerbaijan and turkenistan already. and a sea border via caspian sea with russia proper which unkil cannot in any way block.

Austin
BRF Oldie

Postby Austin » 28 Sep 2015 09:41

Singha wrote:>> I think the Houthis still dont have the Kornet and RPG-29 both are with Tandem Warhead and can do damage to Tanks at their weak spot

@200m from the side or back RPG29 will probably penetrate even the abrams turret. the kornet is a lot fiercer.

Yes RPG29 have known to penetrated the side of Abrams in Iraq , check the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30wpb_CYkck

Kornet which is 152 mm class weapons has HEAT penetration of 1000-1200 mm RHA while RPG-29 which is 105 mm class weapon has penetration capability of almost half of Kornet which is 600 mm HEAT for RHA

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 28 Sep 2015 09:43

houthis might as well sneak up and clang clang clang on the sides of vehicles with a iron stick to urge the crew to abandon ship, saves them RPG rounds.

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 28 Sep 2015 09:48

the RPG29 is the heaviest and most powerful of the hand held family. but the RPG30 cleverer and specifically designed to fool tanks fitted with active protection systems. russia sure has a talent for coming up with cheap weapons that can be produced enmasse and hit back against more sophisticated enemies. the ak47 and rpg7 are classics in that respect...now these single shot sealed RPG-2x/3x

---

The RPG-30, like the RPG-27, is a man-portable, disposable anti-tank rocket launcher with a single shot capacity. Unlike the RPG-27 however, there is a smaller diameter precursor round in a side tube, in addition to the main round in the main tube. The precursor round is fired shortly before the main round and acts as a decoy, tricking the target's active protection system (APS) into engaging it. The APS is not ready to engage again until 0.2–0.4 seconds later, allowing the main round time to hit the target.[1]

The PG-30 is the main round of the RPG-30. The round is a 105-mm tandem shaped charge with a weight of 10.3 kg (22.7 lb) and has a range of 200 meters and a stated penetration capability in excess of 600 mm (24-in) of rolled homogeneous armor (RHA), 1,500 mm of reinforced concrete, 2,000 mm of brick and 3,700 mm of soil

Viv S
BRF Oldie

Postby Viv S » 28 Sep 2015 10:01

Austin wrote:Yes RPG29 have known to penetrated the side of Abrams in Iraq , check the video

True. Although the M1s exported to the Gulf states are widely believed to have been stripped of their DU panelling.

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 28 Sep 2015 10:43

DU was not applied all over - only on front half of the turret and front hull.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_armour
some late-production M1A1HA and M1A2 Abrams tanks built after 1998 have DU reinforcement as part of the armour plating in the front of the hull and the front of the turret, and there is a program to upgrade the rest.
---

iraq/yemen attacks are always on side and back from close range, or using heavy buried IEDs.

in M1 TUSK package the vulnerable side hull gets ERA bricks
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... parent.png

Viv S
BRF Oldie

Postby Viv S » 28 Sep 2015 10:53

Singha wrote:some late-production M1A1HA and M1A2 Abrams tanks built after 1998 have DU reinforcement as part of the armour plating in the front of the hull and the front of the turret, and there is a program to upgrade the rest.

Good to know. I always assumed the forward half of the turret side was also covered with DU.

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 28 Sep 2015 11:06

^ I think thats also what they mean. except the bustle area the turret does have DU incl sides. a tank could 'show' the side of turret to other shooters when pointing its gun off-axis to engage some other.

srin
BRF Oldie

Postby srin » 28 Sep 2015 11:10

Surprised that they give such ample targeting opportunities to the Houthis. They seem to be isolated and moving very slowly.

Do these tanks lack smoke grenades ? And laser warning to know if they are lighted up for a kornet missile ?

Philip
BRF Oldie

Postby Philip » 28 Sep 2015 11:15

Putin,new leader of the "Free world" what? :rotfl:
From Fisk's report,Putin may be embarking upon a dangerous new gamble/gambit in taking the war to ISIS,but what other option does the global community have? Allow ISIS to take over the entire MEast and threaten Israel itself and see millions more refugees heading towards a Europe already reeling under the human tsunami with the EU tottering on the brink?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk
Russia and Iran declare victory as Western leaders accept Assad will stay

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/wha ... 69446.html

What’s Putin up to in Syria? I would wager he’s after something big – retaking Palmyra
If Russia is able to help recapture the city it would be an epic symbol of their new ambitions in the Middle East
Robert Fisk
Sunday 27 September 2015

Vladimir Putin hasn’t sent his soldiers to Syria just to show solidarity with Bashar al-Assad. Nor has he flown them into the Russian bases around Tartous to keep Assad in power. That goes without saying. And Putin isn’t worried about losing the only warm water Mediterranean port still in Moscow’s hands.

He wants a victory. Syria’s army, the only institution upon which the regime – indeed, the entire state apparatus – depends is being re-armed and trained for a serious military offensive against Isis, one which is meant to have enormous symbolic value both in the Middle East and in the world. Military plans always get delayed. And the moment the first artillery piece sends off a shell, the plans always go wrong. In Syria, operational details change every day and every night. But I’ll wager a well-informed guess right now – and we’ll keep calling this a guess, if only for form’s sake – that the Syrian army is being primed to recapture the ancient Roman city of Palmyra from the Islamists.

New Russian fighter-bombers, new anti-armour missiles, perhaps even the new T-90 Russian tanks are being prepared for the desert terrain. One of Syria’s most modern air force bases lies scarcely 50 miles from Palmyra – on the main road east to Homs – and the Syrian army has for months planned for an attack around the city. Only weeks ago, they postponed an offensive for fear that Isis would destroy the rest of the Roman city. But such concerns have now diminished. Isis has shown itself quite willing to destroy the Roman temples without a military assault on its forces.

Now a reminder. At this moment, I’m keeping to the “informed guess” that I mentioned above. The regime has to hold onto Aleppo lest it collapses into Isis hands and is immediately declared the Caliphate’s Syrian capital. The Syrian army has to keep open the road to Lebanon and the heights of Qalamoun along the Lebanese border. It cannot risk any more towns falling into Isis hands. But Palmyra is top of the list for the doubtful privilege of “liberation” from Isis.

The date would be within the next three weeks, but – since all Middle East battles slide off the time chart – we could probably run up to early November, before the rains begin sweeping across the sands from Iraq. Palmyra is a pearl to be recaptured because the world – with utter insensitivity, far more concerned about the fate of its imperial Roman ruins than its people – has registered the city’s loss to Isis last May as a major success for the “Caliphate”.

But for Putin, an offensive would – or will – be an epic symbol of Russia’s new projection into the Middle East. For Obama and Cameron and the rest of our Western leaders, who have fumbled around Syria for four years, neither dethroning Assad nor defeating Isis, a Russian-assisted recapture of Palmyra would be a humiliating lesson. Trusting in Moscow – and remember that Egyptian President al-Sissi was taking Putin to the Cairo opera only a few months ago – may look like a better bet for any Middle East leader than relying on Western support.

Politically, of course, a post-victory Palmyra will leave Assad much more secure in his half of Syria. Already the Americans and British are waffling about his “transitional” role in a future Syrian government – a “transition” which we all know could last for years. Putin is not pouring Russian treasure into the Syrian death pit to allow his man in Damascus to be overthrown. His Ukrainian president ran away. But Assad did not scarper off to Russia over these past four years. Nor has he remained in Damascus only to be pensioned off as a “transitional” president.

But what comes after Palmyra? The recapture of much of Aleppo – a far more risky project – or a return to Idlib city or even an attempt to seize the Isis “capital” of Raqqa? Relief, certainly, for the surrounded regime garrison in the desert city of Deir Ezzour. But a dark genie moves around the Syrian desert, awarding no prizes to the brave or the foolhardy. If Russia and Syria have made their plans, be sure that Isis have other operations up their sleeve; a strike into central Damascus, for example, as the rebels tried three years ago.

Nor will Russia be able to shake off the ghosts of Afghanistan in Syria. You cannot “capture” deserts. Nor can a new Russian air fleet defeat Isis on its own. At the very least, it must not tangle with Syria’s neighbours, which is almost certainly why Benjamin Netanyahu has just met Putin – to ensure that Israel does not misconstrue the meaning of Russian high altitude planes north-east of Golan. And the restoration of regime control – even over Palmyra – will lead to no broad sunlit uplands. Putin and Assad are not planning for any parliamentary democracies on the road to Damascus. But if Isis – along with its Putin-hating Chechen fighters – gets its wings clipped, then the US – and Nato – will have to negotiate with Moscow over the future of Syria. All of which, of course, will read like a curse to the hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees bleeding away from their country on their great trek north through the Balkans.

PS MBTs,pl read my last post in the AV td.Some useful info from JDW,etc.

Austin
BRF Oldie

Postby Austin » 28 Sep 2015 11:31

Viv S wrote:
Austin wrote:Yes RPG29 have known to penetrated the side of Abrams in Iraq , check the video

True. Although the M1s exported to the Gulf states are widely believed to have been stripped of their DU panelling.

The DU supposedly is there on the front of turret ( ofcourse DU itself is rumour as no one knows the exact compostion of armour ) , the side and back of armour are always vulnerable to a decent HEAT attack , like the case of Abrams heat from RPG-29

Singha wrote:iraq/yemen attacks are always on side and back from close range, or using heavy buried IEDs.

in M1 TUSK package the vulnerable side hull gets ERA bricks
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... parent.png

Thats case for any tanks hence one needs side armour , grill or/and APS to deal with it.

No matter how strong the protection is one can always hit the Tanks Track and make it mission kill hence you need infantry support in such operation in such terrain , armed escort chopper would be better

Philip
BRF Oldie

Postby Philip » 28 Sep 2015 11:38

X=posted in the Sau-Ind. td.

The root cause of Islamic terror.
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/the ... 69531.html
The evil empire of Saudi Arabia is the West’s real enemy
Saudis are active at every level of the terror chain: planners to financiers, cadres to foot soldiers, ideologists to cheerleaders

YASMIN ALIBHAI-BROWN
Sunday 27 September 2015

Quote:
The Clock Tower and the Grand Mosque in the Saudi holy city of Mecca, September 25, 2015 MOHAMMED AL-SHAIKH/AFP/Getty Images

Iran is seriously mistrusted by Israel and America. North Korea protects its nuclear secrets and is ruled by an erratic, vicious man. Vladimir Putin’s territorial ambitions alarm democratic nations. The newest peril, Isis, the wild child of Islamists, has shocked the whole world. But top of this list should be Saudi Arabia – degenerate, malignant, pitiless, powerful and as dangerous as any of those listed above.

The state systematically transmits its sick form of Islam across the globe, instigates and funds hatreds, while crushing human freedoms and aspiration. But the West genuflects to its rulers. Last week Saudi Arabia was appointed chair of the UN Human Rights Council, a choice welcomed by Washington. Mark Toner, a spokesperson for the State Department, said: “We talk about human rights concerns with them. As to this leadership role, we hope that it is an occasion for them to look into human rights around the world and also within their own borders.”
Read more
US 'welcomes' UN putting Saudi Arabia in charge of human rights panel

The jaw simply drops. Saudi Arabia executes one person every two days. Ali Mohammed al-Nimr is soon to be beheaded then crucified for taking part in pro-democracy protests during the Arab Spring. He was a teenager then. Raif Badawi, a blogger who dared to call for democracy, was sentenced to 10 years and 1,000 lashes. Last week, 769 faithful Muslim believers were killed in Mecca where they had gone on the Hajj. Initially, the rulers said it was “God’s will” and then they blamed the dead. Mecca was once a place of simplicity and spirituality. Today the avaricious Saudis have bulldozed historical sites and turned it into the Las Vegas of Islam – with hotels, skyscrapers and malls to spend, spend, spend. The poor can no longer afford to go there. Numbers should be controlled to ensure safety – but that would be ruinous for profits. Ziauddin Sardar’s poignant book Mecca: The Sacred City, describes the desecration of Islam’s holiest site.

Even more seriously, the pernicious Saudi influence is spreading fast and freely. King Salman has offered to build 200 mosques in Germany for recently arrived refugees, many of whom are Muslims. He offered no money for resettlement or basic needs, but Wahhabi mosques, the Trojan horses of the secret Saudi crusade. Several Islamic schools are also sites of Wahhabism, now a global brand. It makes hearts and minds small and suspicious, turns Muslim against Muslim, and undermines modernists.

The late Laurent Murawiec, a French neocon, wrote this in 2002: “The Saudis are active at every level of the terror chain, from planners to financiers, from cadres to foot soldiers, from ideologists to cheerleaders.” Murawiec’s politics were odious, but his observations were spot on. Remember that most of the 9/11 killers were Saudi; so was the al-Qaeda hierarchy.
In pictures: Hajj stampede

10 show all

In the 14 years that have followed 9/11, the Saudis have become more aggressive, more determined to win the culture wars. They pour money into Islamist organisations and operations, promote punishing doctrines that subjugate women and children, and damn liberal values and democracy. They are pursuing a cruel bombing campaign in Yemen that has left thousands of civilians dead and many more in dire straits.

So, what does our ruling establishment do to stop the invisible hand of this Satan? Zilch. The Royal Family, successive governments, parliamentarians, a good number of institutions and people with clout collectively suck up to the Saudi ruling clan. I have not seen any incisive TV investigation of this regime. We know it is up to no good, but evidence is suppressed. Some writers have tried to break this conspiracy of obsequiousness. Craig Unger’s book, House of Bush, House of Saud was published in 2004. It established beyond reasonable doubt that Saudi Arabia was the nerve-centre of international terrorism. And that the Bush family was unduly close to the regime. Many of us believed the revelations were even more explosive than those by the journalists Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward, who exposed the lies told by Richard Nixon.
Read more
Saudi Arabia's Grand Mufti says authorities not at fault for stampede

This deadly enemy will not be cowed or stopped by Trident. Our leaders know what is going on. So what do they do? They pick on the small people. The Government’s Prevent programme now imposes a duty on educators to watch out for young “radicals” and nip them in the bud. Older dissenters, too. To date, 4,000 young Muslims have been referred for reprogramming. One was three years old. In May, a young Muslim schoolboy talked about “eco-terrorists” and was taken away to be interrogated about whether he supported Isis. Academics, lawyers, doctors and nurses are also expected to become the nation’s spies. Mohammed Umar Farooq, a student at Staffordshire University, was accused last week of being a terrorist because he was reading a book entitled Terrorism Studies in the library.

In the US, 14-year-old Ahmed Mohamed was arrested because he took a home-made clock to school. (Richard Dawkins, these days a manic tweet preacher, questioned whether the clock was part of a “hoax” designed to get Mohamed arrested, before backtracking.) The West, it seems, is free only for some. And to be a Muslim is a crime.

Extremism is a serious problem. Westernised, liberal Muslims do try to influence feverish, hostile young Muslim minds, but we are largely powerless. Our leaders will not confront Saudi Arabia, the source of Islamist brainwashing and infection. They won’t because of oil and the profits made by arms sales. Political cowards and immoral profiteers are the traitors, the real threat to national security, patriotism and cohesion. How do they answer the charge

Austin
BRF Oldie

Postby Austin » 28 Sep 2015 11:42

Putin says he has spoken with Saudi King Turkey regarding deployment

http://www.rt.com/news/316633-putin-int ... -conflict/

“We have proposed cooperation to the countries in the region, we are trying to establish some kind of coordination framework,” the Russian leader said.

He said that he had personally informed the president of Turkey, the King of Jordan, and Saudi Arabia of the initiative, as well as US Secretary of State John Kerry, adding that the Russian and US militaries are in touch and discussing the problem.

“We would welcome a common platform for collective action against the terrorists,” Putin said.

Austin
BRF Oldie

Postby Austin » 28 Sep 2015 11:47

China’s military advisers ‘heading to Syria to help fight ISIS’ – report
https://www.rt.com/news/316705-china-syria-isis-fight/

China will be helping out the Syrian government in the fight against Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIL/ISIS) by sending “military advisers,” media reports have claimed.

“The Chinese will be arriving in the coming weeks,” a Syrian army official told the Lebanon-based news website Al-Masdar Al-‘Arabi.

The report claims that a Chinese naval vessel is on its way to Syria with dozens of “military advisers” on board. They will reportedly be followed by troops.

The ship is said to have passed the Suez Canal in Egypt and be making its way through the Mediterranean Sea.

According to the website, the advisers will be joining Russian personnel in the Latakia region.

Meanwhile, an Israeli military news website, DEBKAfile, has cited military sources as saying that a Chinese aircraft carrier, the Liaoning-CV-16, has already been spotted at the Syrian port of Tartus on the Mediterranean coast. It was said to be accompanied by a guided missile cruiser.

The news comes after Russia, Iran, Iraq and Syria agreed to establish a joint information center in Baghdad to coordinate their operations against Islamic State militants, according to sources.

“The main goal of the center will be gathering, processing and analyzing current information about the situation in the Middle East – primarily for fighting IS,” a military-diplomatic source told Russian news agencies on Saturday.

kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Postby kmkraoind » 28 Sep 2015 12:04

As once Doval said, Paki mercenaries have no loyalty, if Pakis give them 1 mil, he advocates giving higher to them. It time to test that formula in Xinjiang with good/bad Tailbunnies and create some fissures in China-Pakistan RANDIship.

Viv S
BRF Oldie

Postby Viv S » 28 Sep 2015 12:15

Austin wrote:The DU supposedly is there on the front of turret ( ofcourse DU itself is rumour as no one knows the exact compostion of armour )

The existence a DU on the Abrams is widely known and accepted. You can find references to it in official sources too -

http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/dod ... 4aug98.htm

In what way has the DoD attempted to track service members exposed to depleted uranium during the Gulf War?

We have categorized the exposure scenarios into three levels based on their relative exposures. Level I is the highest exposure group, including 102 soldiers who were in, on, or near combat vehicles at the time they were struck by depleted uranium rounds, and an estimated 30 to 60 soldiers who entered these vehicles immediately afterwards to perform combat rescue. Depleted uranium metal fragments struck a number of soldiers, and some of these still retain embedded depleted uranium fragments.
It should be noted that there were no penetrations of DU armor during the Gulf War and only two Abrams tanks were actually penetrated by two DU penetrators. In addition, the amount of DU aerosol generated by a DU round penetrating a Bradley Fighting Vehicle would be much less than that produced by a DU round penetrating an Abrams tank because the armor of the Abrams tank is harder to penetrate than the Bradley Fighting Vehicle. The Department of Defense used the DU-on-DU exposure data because it had no exposure data on DU rounds penetrating non-DU armor.

What are the health effects of contact with unfired depleted uranium munitions or unperforated (intact) armor on the various weapons systems, such as the Abrams Heavy Tank?

Unfired depleted uranium munitions are encased in thin metal jackets that seal in alpha and beta particles, and allow only extremely slight gamma emissions which fall well below regulatory health and safety limits. Similarly, depleted uranium panels used in tank armor pose no health risk because the depleted uranium is sealed inside several inches of regular steel armor.

Austin
BRF Oldie

Postby Austin » 28 Sep 2015 12:21

^^ Thanks

Looks like Iraqis are not trusting Washington Fully in fight against ISIS

Iraq May Share Intelligence on ISIL Against US Wishes

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20150 ... z3n18XSyjh

First, Iraq recently angered the State Department by allowing Russian planes to bring supplies and equipment to Syria over its airspace. On Friday, Ibrahim al-Jafari, Iraq’s foreign minister, at the Council on Foreign Relations told journalists when asked about the Russian flights that his country “did not violate any of our commitments toward the international community.”

Just two days later, the Iraqi army announced it has started the regular exchange of intelligence concerning ISIL terrorists with Russia, Syria and Iran, that would “participate in collecting information about ISIS terrorism.” The arrangement is significant for country's security, it reads, as Iraq is concerned that thousands of volunteers joining the Islamic State have come from Russia, The New York Times reports.

The agreement was reached without ever asking Washington and announced this Sunday, The Times writes. This yet again irritated the US, which has got used to thinking of Iraq as a country with a government under its control and a vital member of the US-led coalition against ISIL.

The American reaction was somewhat sharp. Their objection targeted Syria’s Bashar Assad government.

“We do not support the presence of Syrian government officials who are part of a regime that has brutalized its own citizens,” a spokesperson for the anti-ISIL coalition, based in Baghdad, US Col. Steven H. Warren, said.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20150 ... z3n18hngmj

Austin
BRF Oldie

Postby Austin » 28 Sep 2015 12:24

Singha besides TheMess , Keypubs have their thread on Syrian affairs

http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthre ... yria/page9

rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Postby rohitvats » 28 Sep 2015 12:34

The Houthis are sons of soil who know the lay of the land...somewhat akin to the Pathan in badlands on either side of Hindu Kush. And an earlier generation of these men has seen protracted conflict in 50s, 60s and 70s. And unlike the main ME, Yemen is hilly to mountainous country. With eastern half facing Indian Ocean receiving monsoon as well.

These are men fighting for their homeland and tribal loyalties. A half motivated army consisting of disparate group of Arabic countries is not going to get better of these men. Especially, when the fighting is taking place in an area where superior fire-power (provided Arabs even know how to use it) is rendered ineffective or reduced in efficacy due to geographical reasons.

All said and done, why the fvck are Arabs such retards at warfare?

Austin
BRF Oldie

Postby Austin » 28 Sep 2015 13:04

Saudi General was killed near the border with Yemen

Saudi Brigadier General Ibrahim Hamza was killed in the south of the country near the border with Yemen

This is reported by official media on Sunday Saudi Arabia relied on by Interfax

Reports indicate that the captain "died defending the country." The general was wounded and taken to hospital, but doctors could not save his life. No other details were given. Last Friday evening near the border with Yemen killed a Saudi colonel, he was blown up by a mine.

Saudi Arabia participates in strikes against the rebels operating in Yemen-Huthis. On the border with Yemen often occur shootout between Saudi soldiers and Huthis.

uddu
BRFite

Postby uddu » 28 Sep 2015 14:17

The Houthis are inside Saudi Arabia at the moment. Especially near the border areas and possibly because Saudis are not bombing their own backyard. When there is no air power it's Houthi advantage. These Saudi districts closer to Yemen are fully Shia majority areas.

Return to “Trash Can Archive”