West Asia News and Discussions (YEMEN, gulf)

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Re: West Asia News and Discussions

Post by RoyG »

chetak wrote:
RoyG wrote:Oh please, spare us the American bravado. These are the things that I and many others have said starting 2-3 years back which ran contrary to your "ideology".

1. Americans are whimps with NO STRATEGY in Afghanistan and will pullout. Result: They are pulling out and now India has to face an increasingly destabilized Pakistan along with a more focused jihadi movement.

2. Americans could kick the door down in Iraq but would eventually leave because they have NO LONG TERM STRATEGY besides maintaining short term oil for dollar invoicing. Result: Americans have left, the ME is even more f*cked up, and the SCO is now challenging the US invoicing system along with dollar trade decreasing at 1%/year.

3. Americans are covertly funding jihadists in Syria and Assad will NOT FALL. Result: Assad did not fall, and you yanks actually helped him consolidate and strengthen his rule.

So yeah, despite the TRILLIONS that you guys spent, you've managed to strengthen the jihadi movement GLOBALLY and at the same time bankrupted your own country. On top of that, the entire world is moving off the dollar. Please, drop another "500 lb laser guided bomb" on a few of them and watch many more take their place. We know how well this has been working in Afghanistan and everywhere else.

Oh and before I forget, after you're finished brown nosing Prejident Obamba who by the way a couple days ago said "WE DONT HAVE A STRATEGY TO FIGHT ISIS AND UKRAINE WASN'T INVADED" give him my sweet regards along with a pink tutu. Have a nice day.
a yellow tutu would be more appropriate, don't you think??

The blow back from afghanistan and the ISIS will hit India squarely.

this, right after the termite queen f()c%@d over India for the past 10 years with her vatican fascist mafia ideology.

Great going.
Let's leave it to Mr. Jones. Have your pick sir.

Yellow, brown, or white :lol:

So much for America, land of the free, home of the BRAVE.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

chetak wrote:
The old sins seem to be coming home to roost.

Any testicular barbecuing happening?? :)
Chetakji, you simply don't understand because you are a yindu idiot.

Mr. Jones logic says: They are priwate contractors :lol:
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Iraq Receives first 3 Mi-28NE from Russia.

anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

RoyG wrote:
chetak wrote:{quote="Austin"}Libyan militia occupies US embassy in Tripoli to 'secure' it :lol:{/quote}

The old sins seem to be coming home to roost.

Any testicular barbecuing happening?? :)
Chetakji, you simply don't understand because you are a yindu idiot.

Mr. Jones logic says: They are priwate contractors :lol:
gora must be knowing better saar, they are his testimonials onlee
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

You are a clever one despite your "ideology". :lol:

How dare you mess with a 500 lb smart mouth, eatin' his mashed potatas with gravy on Sundy reminiscing about Gora Bora!
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

you guys leave my testimonials alone!
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

A_Gupta wrote:I asked on the internal security thread, and I ask here -- does India have some arrangement that when a Westerner applies for an Indian visa, India can check with the western country whether said person is ... sympathizer
Guptaji, even if there was an agreement to share information, why would they share the info and if they did, what are the odds that it would be reliable? They have no incentive to co-operate, instead the incentives to mislead are high.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

TSJones wrote:you guys leave my testimonials alone!
All in good fun TSJonesji. We respect you and your views even if we don't agree with them.

On a more serious note, Amerli siege is broken. Shias will now push a bit forward and reclaim a few strategic towns like Assad has done.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

syrian 'freedom fighters' have evicted the UN from the golan heights DMZ. two bases of Filipino UN flagged troops were surrounded and attacked with technicals and mortars. one is still under attack while the second managed to escape at night with help of friendly artillery fire from syrian govt forces.

I dont know what it means.....does the ISIS want a direct border with israel - its convenient incase israel is helping them, and convenient also in the reverse case of them wanting to harass israel next.

I figure jordan is next on the IS hitlist.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

RoyG wrote:
You are a clever one despite your "ideology". :lol:

How dare you mess with a 500 lb smart mouth, eatin' his mashed potatas with gravy on Sundy reminiscing about Gora Bora!
don't forget the thick, rare and juicy steak.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

TSJones wrote:you guys leave my testimonials alone!
TSJones ji,

We would like nothing better than to leave them alone but you insist on waving them about publicly, in a very macho fashion, in all the troubled spots of the world, stirring up the proverbial hornet's nest where ever you go and when the hornets are well and truly riled, you declare "victory" and depart leaving the unfortunate locals' delicate testimonials to be now subjected to the tender loving mercies of the above mentioned riled hornets.

Pray, don't other peoples' testimonials have the same rights as your own testimonials??

just asking onlee :)
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

udaym wrote:
A_Gupta wrote:I asked on the internal security thread, and I ask here -- does India have some arrangement that when a Westerner applies for an Indian visa, India can check with the western country whether said person is ... sympathizer
Guptaji, even if there was an agreement to share information, why would they share the info and if they did, what are the odds that it would be reliable? They have no incentive to co-operate, instead the incentives to mislead are high.
I think ISIS is a qualitatively different threat.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

from milphotos.net forums. it seems germany has announced it is providing some of below by end of Sept, enough to equip a homogenously trained and equipped 4000 man peshmerga unit. once this stuff goes and in and performance assessed, they might supply enough for 4000 more another unit. ultimate goal is 16000 peshmerga (4 brigades) would operate the below but thats far off and will surely more of everything except the rifles...with the initialtive always with IS where and when to concentrate and escalate

with some drone and ELINT support the peshmerga might finally be able to give open mobile battle to the IS in northern iraq and syria than just huddle defensively in their enclaves

-----
-8000 G3 + 1million matching ammunition
8000 g36 + 4 million matching ammo
40 mg3
8000 P1 pistols
30 MILAN launchers 500 missiles (these will hurt)
200 Panzerfaust 3 Antitank rockets+2500 individual warheads
40 heavy anti tank launchers (carl gustav?)
10000 hand grenades
60 Wolf military SUV's
40 Unimog trucks
5 Dingo APC'S
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

TSJones wrote:Eventually, we'll get to Mosul. We'll cut it off from any vehicular traffic, pick off any electrical sub stations and then we'll just let it sit and think for a while. No more mangoes for Mosul. We'll see how things progress from there.

Meanwhile there will be more death notices sent to families around the world that their beautiful man-child sons' full of peace and love got BBQed by a 500 lb laser guided bomb with the name "Big Abdul" scrawled in chalk on it while they were in service to a death cult. I relish the thought.
Lovely. Only one problem. As far as West Asia is concerned, "we" have turned out to be a so-called superpower nation of loud-mouthed, inept and incompetent blowhards who seem to have got their brains surgically replaced with camel dung; on top of that, sadly, "we" are too stupid and arrogant to use even that reconditioned sh*t they have for brains to learn anything at all.
Last edited by KLNMurthy on 01 Sep 2014 12:09, edited 2 times in total.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

TSJones wrote:
Everything that I have said will happen in the last few months has happened:

!. Maliki had to go. he went.
2. ISIL had no place to hide from US bombs. They couldn't hold up. No road blocks, no heavy equipment, no bunker/mortar emplacements where we have chosen to eliminate them.
3. Baghdad would not fall. It hasn't.

I'm sorry if the facts do not fit your ideology. Too bad.
That sounds so delightfully paki, winning-by-not-being totally crushed, that I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I guess it had to happen eventually--after handing out billions to the pakis and winking at their nuclear terrorism against India, all in hope of turning pakis into something human, the only thing left to keep that beautiful friendship going was for Americans to turn into pakis.

Hoo-ray. I guess.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

It looks like the Germans are looking at arming the ISIS through proxy. Cause, one cannot be sure that the Kurds can hold out against them.

Also, the Turks may not be agreeable to the idea of arming the Kurds regardless of where they may be located. Especially, if such an act treats the Kurds as Independent from Baghdad.

All in all no positive options remain, in Iraq or Syria for that matter. Unless, you are taking of leaving Junior Assad alone.
govardhanks
BRFite

Post by govardhanks »

I fear not the ISIS , I fear the footprints left by ISIS, there will be Islamic caliphates all over the world, might be like isolated colonies here and there no country will be spared, my friend is to tell me that there is a future prophecy of whole world following ishlam (there brain washing powder is so strong!), I wish we could collect such friendly chatter info and see how strong they wipe and clean brains.
Many people who will find one or the other motivation to join such a movement, it might be criminals, it might be richest people, it might be the egg heads who want to rule world.

What a Mess!!! We are into!

This war is more a psychology based than it meets the eye!
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

As one European Diplomat puts it attacking ISIS is bit difficult for West as there Saudi Royal family in thier ranks and they are seen as pro shia. ISIS got armed through the Turkey route. Somehow if dont score any victories against the Syrians and retreat in Iraq, I see these fellows taking over parts of Jordan and attacking Israel for propaganda purposes- on thier own will not be problem, but if Hamas starts acting funny again this will be a headache, not that they will win but Israel has aldready lost 63 soldiers in Gaza, for the tiny nation loosing soldiers in these battles will be painful.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

^^Don't even try to analyse boss, it is a total clusterfu(k ... Just sit back, make sure the borders are tight and attack money-making opportunities strategic and tactical.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

kurds cannot lose to ISIS because they will all lose their heads if they do. so its a safe bet any arms given to kurds will get used down to the last kurd.

relations between turkey and the iraqi kurds are alleged to be ok. the turkish kurds, syrian kurds and iraqi kurds seem to have their own militias and as someone had posted here, its the turk and syrians who are more experienced in battle and managed to save some of the yazidis by opening routes from the west. these three parties now have a common threat in ISIS but in the past apparently were not very unified.

amirkhan can do wonders for kurdish mobility and small arms by opening its ample warehouses. russia could also step in on the Shias behalf and unload ample number of light artillery , grads, RPGs, kornets and more of Frogfoots to ensure the ISIS get their promised 72 asap.

trick is find some opportunities to have the ISIS concentrate their best forces whether by presenting a fake juicy target or finding out their main bases ..... hard to do with sunni faithfuls all over the place acting as eyes n ears....but if that can be done, substantial casualties could be inflicted to induce a loss of face/morale and internal turmoil...
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the missing link is everyone falling behind Assad as the third prong of the trident (kurds and shais being the northern and southern prongs), anointing him as the next shining beacon of western certified democracy and arming him to the teeth with the supplies he needs to cleanse Syria of the virus.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Somehow for better or worse I think ISIS is good omen , this would shape the ME in a way which would be good for the region and India.

Singha Assad wont fall into Western Game now , he would carefully guard his interest and would keep calling on UN to take a lead as their ambassador in UN had said.

Remember 2011 Hillar Clinton speach of Assad being good and a year after that he was the Evil man that should go at every cost.

I just hope ISIS now targets Saudi or eventually does.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Singha wrote:syrian 'freedom fighters' have evicted the UN from the golan heights DMZ. two bases of Filipino UN flagged troops were surrounded and attacked with technicals and mortars. one is still under attack while the second managed to escape at night with help of friendly artillery fire from syrian govt forces.
Forget Israel for the moment. Golan has plenty of Druze, who are also regarded as heretics/infidels. Will they be treated as the Yezidi were? It will be interesting to observe the reaction of the Lebanese and Israeli Druze when their Syrian co-religionists start getting butchered by the ISIS.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the lebanese if I understand properly are a mix of ancient phoenician race and middle ages french emigrants. ie not 'arab peninsula'.
they sound like heretics and takfirs to me going by general deportment and lifestyle.
going to get hammered hard by ISIS if Syria falls. right now the Syrian govt is holding all the territory between Lebanon and the ISIS.
if a few 1000 yazidis can evoke such bloodlust and lust for women, can you imagine what ISIS getting into beirut will do?
lebanese women are famous for their charms and beauty.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Marten, ISIS is a mix of local ex-baathist elements, local sunni islamists, few 1000 euro-american expats and the usual assortment of chechens, CAR types, afghans, pakis, bangladeshi, saudis, yemenis, qataris backpackers who somehow found their way along the trails of global jihad...
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Singha wrote:the lebanese if I understand properly are a mix of ancient phoenician race and middle ages french emigrants. ie not 'arab peninsula'.
they sound like heretics and takfirs to me going by general deportment and lifestyle.
going to get hammered hard by ISIS if Syria falls. right now the Syrian govt is holding all the territory between Lebanon and the ISIS.
Lebanon will be hard going for the ISIS. About 80% of Lebanese are non-Sunni. In fact, Sunnis dominate only a small part of Lebanon near the northern edge - Tripoli region. And getting to Tripoli will require the ISIS to take Homs and Quseir (which, IIRC, are currently in Assad's hands). With the Hezbollah and the Christians, and other minorities (all armed thanks to the Lebanese Civil war between 75 and 90), ISIS will have a hard time getting into Beirut (south Beirut is a Hezbollah urban maze, and even Israelis forbore from entering that place).
member_20292
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20292 »

KLNMurthy wrote:
TSJones wrote:Eventually, we'll get to Mosul. We'll cut it off from any vehicular traffic, pick off any electrical sub stations and then we'll just let it sit and think for a while. No more mangoes for Mosul. We'll see how things progress from there.

Meanwhile there will be more death notices sent to families around the world that their beautiful man-child sons' full of peace and love got BBQed by a 500 lb laser guided bomb with the name "Big Abdul" scrawled in chalk on it while they were in service to a death cult. I relish the thought.
Lovely. Only one problem. As far as West Asia is concerned, "we" have turned out to be a so-called superpower nation of loud-mouthed, inept and incompetent blowhards who seem to have got their brains surgically replaced with camel dung; on top of that, sadly, "we" are too stupid and arrogant to use even that reconditioned sh*t they have for brains to learn anything at all.
a wise man once said, "avoid using foul language, for no other reason, than the focus of the audience turns from the content of the message, to the words used to convey them"
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

Singha wrote:syrian 'freedom fighters' have evicted the UN from the golan heights DMZ. two bases of Filipino UN flagged troops were surrounded and attacked with technicals and mortars. one is still under attack while the second managed to escape at night with help of friendly artillery fire from syrian govt forces.

I dont know what it means.....does the ISIS want a direct border with israel - its convenient incase israel is helping them, and convenient also in the reverse case of them wanting to harass israel next.

I figure jordan is next on the IS hitlist.
The UN team at Golan heights were attacked by the Al Nusra group and not ISIS. The Filipino troops have escaped but the Fijians have been captured. There may be some Indian origin folks in the Fijian troops. The Fijians were negotiating with the captors as per Al Jazeera.
UN soldiers seized by rebels in Golan Heights
US blames Nusra Front fighters for capture of 43 Fijians serving in UN observer force in Israeli-occupied area.
Link:http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeas ... 58872.html
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

As Dave Chapelle might say: "Sh1t is getting tight"!!!

Peoples, are we in World War III already and don't know it yet? :twisted:

Should Bjorn Biglund & Sven Smalgand intervene to negotiate world peace? Perhaps a trip to Sri Lanka would be opportune.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Singha wrote:Marten, ISIS is a mix of local ex-baathist elements, local sunni islamists, few 1000 euro-american expats and the usual assortment of chechens, CAR types, afghans, pakis, bangladeshi, saudis, yemenis, qataris backpackers who somehow found their way along the trails of global jihad...
If you believe Arnab Goswami, then also add 300+ Indians.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

mahadevbhu wrote:
KLNMurthy wrote: Lovely. Only one problem. As far as West Asia is concerned, "we" have turned out to be a so-called superpower nation of loud-mouthed, inept and incompetent blowhards who seem to have got their brains surgically replaced with camel dung; on top of that, sadly, "we" are too stupid and arrogant to use even that reconditioned sh*t they have for brains to learn anything at all.
a wise man once said, "avoid using foul language, for no other reason, than the focus of the audience turns from the content of the message, to the words used to convey them"
Do you really think he is going to listen to what a wise man has to say when his whole message is nothing but an insult? Why bother?
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

http://www.spiegel.de/international/wor ... 89194.html

ex German army soldier also in ISiS
of course all this is only mentioned now

they were probably looking the other way initially hoping only Syrian heads were getting cut off

and its amazing how workarounds are found when the this constitution abiding nations want to give weapons to the ones they want
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

'peace support operation' as most US billion $$ giveaways to miscreants are named.
peace eagle, peace vector, peace flower..names are endless.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Everything in the ME is a the result of a 4 phase process which entails preserving the power of the Sunni Arab regimes and keeping the petro dollar recycling system going.

Phase 1: Prevent the GCC from moving toward the Euro or basket of currency from dollar for oil in 2001.

Phase 2: Arab spring to remove Gaddafi and others who were also moving toward an alternative invoicing system and replace them with jihadis loyal to various Arab monarchies. Prevent Iran from opening its bourse or limiting its transactions (they were booted out of SWIFT and sanctions on international banks/damage its undersea fiber optic network)

Phase 3: Arab spring was turned into a full blown jihad against Shias and other minorities to secure territory for oil/gas pipelines to the Mediterranean from Qatar and Saudi Arabia bypassing Russia's Gazprom supply routes to Europe (No wonder EU, Russia, and Qatar is taking such an active role in all this)

Phase 4: Help ISIS secure as much water/hydrocarbon supplies and routes as possible and access to the Mediterranean and then slowly weaken them as to avoid the virus spreading to the parent gulf states.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

^^^ heresy! perhaps, http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/28/opini ... ollar.html

Quote:
But new research reveals that what was once a privilege is now a burden, undermining job growth, pumping up budget and trade deficits and inflating financial bubbles. To get the American economy on track, the government needs to drop its commitment to maintaining the dollar’s reserve-currency status.

Note that as long as the dollar is the reserve currency, America’s trade deficit can worsen even when we’re not directly in on the trade. Suppose South Korea runs a surplus with Brazil. By storing its surplus export revenues in Treasury bonds, South Korea nudges up the relative value of the dollar against our competitors’ currencies, and our trade deficit increases, even though the original transaction had nothing to do with the United States.

...This isn’t just a matter of one academic writing one article. Mr. Austin’s analysis builds off work by the economist Michael Pettis and, notably, by the former Federal Reserve chairman Ben S. Bernanke.

End quote.

US is also on its way to petroleum independence.

So new thinking is there, the situation is different from even just ten years ago. Maybe US Dept of State and Defense haven't got the memo yet.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Oil independence is still a long way off. Shale reserves in the continental US are actually much lower than previously thought. The rate of consumption doesn't help either. Venezuela and Canada have large reserves though.

Despite all that you have said, countries still need oil to maintain industrialization or industrialize. As long as you have to buy it in dollars your currency relative to the dollar will always be valued to something less in order to export and maintain a dollar reserve. This essentially gives the US a credit card with a limit tied only to supply and whether it can militarily preserve it.

If the US were to somehow let it go to sh*t, the amount of dollars in circulation will shoot up as counties unload their reserves on the open market causing massive inflation as all of it would find its way back to the US. Who the hell would take it at the hyper-inflationary stage?

This is the soft underbelly that the SCO is trying to stab. It is impossible for them to militarily challenge the US so they are going after the regimes that keep the system going and bleed them that way.

Please read David E. Spiro's book, The Hidden Hand of American Hegemony.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I think the Western Media popularization of ISIS is a neurosis condition in a Hannibal Lectoresque manner.

Freud would have a field day at why the media is spreading news about ISIS beheadings.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

^^^^ this last! because it is off-topic, the Federal Reserve has essentially been flooding the market with dollars, yet no inflation, let alone hyperinflation. Anyway, as I said, this is going off-topic.
ldev
BRF Oldie

Post by ldev »

A_Gupta wrote:^^^ heresy! perhaps, http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/28/opini ... ollar.html

Quote:
Note that as long as the dollar is the reserve currency, America’s trade deficit can worsen even when we’re not directly in on the trade. Suppose South Korea runs a surplus with Brazil. By storing its surplus export revenues in Treasury bonds, South Korea nudges up the relative value of the dollar against our competitors’ currencies, and our trade deficit increases, even though the original transaction had nothing to do with the United States.

End quote.

US is also on its way to petroleum independence.

So new thinking is there, the situation is different from even just ten years ago. Maybe US Dept of State and Defense haven't got the memo yet.
:rotfl:

The writer is so illiterate in matters economic that he cannot figure out of the difference between a trade deficit and a fiscal deficit and why the reserve currency status of the dollar is so important for the US that it is willing to go to war over it.