LCA Tejas: News and Discussions

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
sarang
BRFite

Re: LCA Tejas: News and Discussions

Post by sarang »

it seems from saurav jha's report and airchief's comments it does looks like 20+20+160. wee will make 40 Mk1 standard and 160 mk1A standard.
malushahi
BRFite

Post by malushahi »

Saurav Jha
‏@SJha1618

It's 4 squadrons of Tejas Mk-1A that is being firmly committed to.
jha talks about 4 1A sqs. any reference that quotes the acm saying 6 1A sqs?
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

It might be 20 + 20 mk1 till 2021 and 80 planes in next 6 years.
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

I think that there is lot of grey area in what is being said. Raha has stated in earlier conferences that they are not differentiating between various types of LCA and are looking at around 100 LCA. Hence LCA Mark-1 can be 20+20+120 =160 at the high end or 20+(20+60 or)80=100 only; towards the low end. The production rate of LCA will remain low and even 8 LCA Per annum will not be achieved till around 2018-2019. The aim of 16 LCA per annum seems to have been given up for LCA Mark-1 and will only be considered for LCA Mark-2.
maxratul
BRFite -Trainee

Post by maxratul »

LCA Mk2 is probably dead for the IAF. Best we can hope for is that the AMCA is not shelved.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Its 6 overall.

4 for mk1A, 2mk1.

5 years for mk1a suggests mk2 in all but name, at least maintainability wise.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/rafa ... 80028.html

On the induction of light combat aircraft Tejas, he said it would be done in six squadrons, including the upgraded version.
He said the next version called Tejas Mark-A would come with better radar, weapons, avionics, and its production will start in 2021.
Bhaskar_T
BRFite

Post by Bhaskar_T »

With steel/composites not even started being cut for Mk2 OR not even having a F414 engine present in Bharath Desh, timelines for Mk2 prototype flying and subsequent development appears to be so difficult that indeed IAF posturing for 100-120-160 LCA's (Mk1's + Mk1A's) is understood. Good Bye Mk2.

PS - Also that, with any of F16/F18/Gripen firm orders, it might be a final nail on Mk2, may also impact Mk1 orders. I suspect that a robust PAKFA program development by Russia and India, may even put AMCA in cold storage.

The good thing about Rafale (or possible F-18 order) is that a couple of squadrons orders by Indian Navy will help in driving down the logistics costs since both platforms will be used by IAF/IN.
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

^^ Doesn't have the two key things which makes MK2, MK2
- Increased length
- New engine

Such glacial pace on LCA program whereas how excited both GOI and IAF look for buying foreign aircrafts.

I heard (panwala to chaiwala to me) that the goalpost has been shifted again for LCA. Don't have much details to share. We will see if this is true in near future.
Last edited by JayS on 04 Oct 2016 20:10, edited 1 time in total.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

is this a tactic to pressurise HAL to up the production rate to 16/year ? Assuming they do it by 2019 and a production run of 10 years will yield 160 + the birds already sanctioned now. MK2-IAF is probably superfluous(IAF feels) and may be the prod to move to AMCA leaving the MK-2 for Navy. In hindsight, we should have taken the SNECMA offer to upgrade the Kaveri with their core, atleast we would have gotten a lot of experience and aid in production numbers while we sort out the core issue in parallel.
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

JayS wrote: Such glacial pace on LCA program whereas how excited both GOI and IAF look for buying foreign aircrafts.

I heard (panwala to chaiwala to me) that the goalpost has been shifted again for LCA. Don't have much details to share. We will see if this is true in near future.
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose(in Inglees, the more things change, the more they remain the same).

Remember, this is exactly the same force that

1) Stood stubbornly for like more than 25 years to get the AJT trainer that they wanted , the BAE hawk and for that, in addition to taking huge casualties with rookie pilots, they did the following.
a. Killed any followup alternative the HAL made (including the Ajeet Trainer) that they could have been repositioned as the AJT .
b. Killed any attempt that HAL made to make a turbo prop trainer to replace the HPT 32
c. Fixed the entire "selection contest" with "tailor made" criteria that would have satisfied just the only one aircraft they had already
decided upon, the Pilatus
d. Actively nearly ordered HAL to stop the HTT-40 program, and HAL had to basically tell the IAF to f*ck off , and told them that they would supply it to the Army air arm and BSF for ground support and the IAF relented when they realised that like what happened with helicopters would get repeated with close support if the Army got the ground support role for themselves with fixed wing and they came around.

After actively sabotaging the LCA for close to a decade and a half and buying the frankly useless Rafale (lets face it , it makes sense only in the airborne nuclear delivery role, a role which is completely obsolete for manned aircraft and best left to BMs and CMs, they could have ordered twice the number of SU30s and LCAs thrown in , for the same some , if the role was tactical) for an eye popping sum, coz they couldnt let go of the tactical "nuclear strike" role (which is better left to the Army with ground based surface to surface short range missiles), they are back to the same old role of stalling the LCA so that they can lean on the Govt to go around shopping for some 50 year old tactical aircraft that are soon going out of production elsewhere (the teen series) !
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

IAF Could not do this mischief alone without support of Politicians and Babus.
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

Its very simple - where is the money to pay a ransom for the Rafale, upgrade the Jags with new engines, Invest in the Pak-FA, buy another lot of 90 plus Rafales/F16s/F18s (while Mig29 and M2K upgs are ongoing) AND build 120 LCAs.

Why is it that the Rafale is being tasked with nuke delivery? What are the LCA's shortcomings in performing the same? Is this role developed specifically to fool the public into going with the boys for their brand new toys?

Seems like we have the new Marut - only it is also called the Tejas. And this was predictable from the IAF's attitude.

Make in India my a$$! What part of the IAF's capex follows that principle - only where you fill these imported a/c with aviation fuel (and even that may be imported).
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

^^^ The above is not entirely true. LCAs don't have enough legs to take on the role of nuclear delivery. But yes, the Su-30s definitely could have.
Bheeshma
BRFite

Post by Bheeshma »

F-16/18 are a waste of time and money. Hope they are nipped in the bud. Gripen brings nothing to the table. Just tell IAF to live with Su-30 MKI, Rafale and LCA for the next decade or two before AMCA or PAK-FA show up.
GShankar
BRFite

Post by GShankar »

When AF chief or someone like that says I need a particular plane (or characteristics narrowed down) for a specific type of mission, who is 'eligible' in terms of rank or role to counter by saying - "That mission could be accomplished with a different plane/weapon combo or just by a cruise missile, etc."

I assumed someone like a dedicated CDS would be more qualified for that and that is why none of the chiefs ever want dedicated CDS to evolve common or holistic strategies. Is this why no one wants dedicated CDS and are handling it by rotation?
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

OK, folks. Set your doubts to rest. This is straight from the horse's mouth. Ignore the first part of headline.

IAF chief spells out schedule for boosting fighter squadrons
Tejas LCA

For the first time, the IAF chief spelt out a detailed commitment and roadmap for inducting 120 Tejas fighters into the IAF in a decade.

Raha said the first squadron, which will have 20 Tejas with “initial operational certification” (IOC), will have four fighter this year, with HAL boosting production to eight fighters annually from next year. “So in another year and a half’s time, we will have a full squadron of LCA’s – the IOC version”, he said.

Raha revealed the long-delayed “final operational certification” (FOC) of the Tejas was imminent. “I’m sure in another five-six months FOC would be cleared and production will start as soon as [HAL] finishes producing the IOC version. So we expect that the FOC version [of the Tejas] will be operationalized in an IAF fighter squadron in another three years time.”

Meanwhile, the Tejas Mark 1A, with improved radar, weapons, electronic warfare capability and maintainability would fly in three-four years.

“We should be able to start production of this aircraft by 2020-21; and in another five-seven years [i.e. by 2025-28], we’ll have 80 Tejas Mark 1A fighters”, said Raha.
Last edited by Kakkaji on 05 Oct 2016 00:49, edited 1 time in total.
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

Tejas LCA
“final operational certification” (FOC) ... “I’m sure in another five-six months FOC
:(( :((
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

GShankar wrote:When AF chief or someone like that says I need a particular plane (or characteristics narrowed down) for a specific type of mission, who is 'eligible' in terms of rank or role to counter by saying - "That mission could be accomplished with a different plane/weapon combo or just by a cruise missile, etc."

I assumed someone like a dedicated CDS would be more qualified for that and that is why none of the chiefs ever want dedicated CDS to evolve common or holistic strategies. Is this why no one wants dedicated CDS and are handling it by rotation?
The people who are speaking up against Rafales/Gripens etc. mean no disrespect to the air chief. Having said that, can you show me an airforce in the world which has Sukhois, and Rafales, and Gripens/F-16s/F-18s, and Jaguars, and Mig-29s, and Mirages? If there are no such airforces, how are they satisfying their NEEDS?

I have said this again and again, I respect Air chief Raha immensely. He is a perfect gentleman and officer. But I don't want my air chief to say or believe that there is no plan B for IAF. There should not just be plan B, but C, D and E.
GShankar
BRFite

Post by GShankar »

indranilroy wrote:
GShankar wrote:When AF chief or someone like that says I need a particular plane (or characteristics narrowed down) for a specific type of mission, who is 'eligible' in terms of rank or role to counter by saying - "That mission could be accomplished with a different plane/weapon combo or just by a cruise missile, etc."

The people who are speaking up against Rafales/Gripens etc. mean no disrespect to the air chief. Having said that, can you show me an airforce in the world which has Sukhois, and Rafales, and Gripens/F-16s/F-18s, and Jaguars, and Mig-29s, and Mirages? If there are no such airforces, how are they satisfying their NEEDS?

I have said this again and again, I respect Air chief Raha immensely. He is a perfect gentleman and officer. But I don't want my air chief to say or believe that there is no plan B for IAF. There should not just be plan B, but C, D and E.
It is possible you misunderstood my question. And I am to blame for phrasing it that way.

The intent of my question was to understand who in the "military" order can vet these kind of mission requirements. As in if Air chief makes a requirement, without brining bureaucracy and politicians in play, is there an higher authority like CDS who can look at all the forces (AF, Navy and Army) and say there are other options.

PS: At this point, I am very less informed to say for/against any airplane, least of all air chief.
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

It's fine that you are less informed. So am I. But I can't make myself believe that if RAfales didn't exist, then IAF could not have had a credible way to deliver the phool jharies from the air.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

If Mk 1A will come 6 yrs down the line, why can't HAL make Mk2 a twin tailed, single engined stealth plane a-la F-35 hain ji?
shaun
BRFite

Post by shaun »

Its a pathetic time schedule. One squadron by middle of 2018 !!! so manufacturing of various versions of 120 tejas will be stretched till 2028 . Need 2nd line asap.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Gagan wrote:If Mk 1A will come 6 yrs down the line, why can't HAL make Mk2 a twin tailed, single engined stealth plane a-la F-35 hain ji?
Saar that is easier said that done. We are still working on fine tuning the single tail, single engined, non-stealth plane.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Gagan wrote:If Mk 1A will come 6 yrs down the line, why can't HAL make Mk2 a twin tailed, single engined stealth plane a-la F-35 hain ji?
Great idea.

Give it and such ideas to the many Universities out there in India.

Let the core deal with serious matters, not that such ideas are not serious. Just not serious enough.
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

Nothing will come out unless we commit $10 billion a year on our aircraft industry. And don't ask IAF to foot the bill for that.

And since that won't happen it's no point in feeling for the sad state of IAF.
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

Rakesh Bhai, remember the Arjun that is the single most tested tank never to see battle. The fine tuning you mention will never end. Hundreds of Mig-21s have crashed yet we keep buying MIGs and Sukhois in the hundreds while indian industry and its hard working workmen watch this influx of billions of dollars of useless foreign junk that costs billions to operate and maintain. And we all understand that the LCA flies till the date of its first crash.

The IAF had sometime back assigned 40 MKIs to the strategic forces command. Now the excuse given for acquiring 36 Uber expensive Rafales is that these are meant for nuke delivery also. What next? Teens are required for nuke delivery too!
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Vivek Sir, I do not believe the Tejas can deliver a nuclear weapon. However I am willing to be corrected on that issue if I am wrong. That is not what the aircraft was designed to do. The Rafale on the other hand was envisioned with the nuclear role in mind. India does need a triad and the Mirage will not outlast the Rafale in IAF service. The latter - even with the upgrades - has seen service for 30+ years now.

I do not want to derail this thread, but the Arjun is where it is today because of vested interests by certain sections in the Army. We can continue this particular discussion in the Armoured Vehicles thread.

Continuously working on improving a military platform is what all countries do. Take a look at the various editions of the F-Solah (from Block 1 all the way to Block 60 and beyond) for example. After the Marut and the Ajeet, this is India's next successful design of a fighter aircraft. But it will need time to get it to what the IAF wants. There has been resistance, but the IAF is 100% convinced that it is a platform that will work.
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

Commodore Rakesh, guess what will be easier - adding capabilities to the LCA or adding indian tyres to the Rafales? Guess whose permission we will not need to launch punitive strikes against terrorism?
gauravsharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by gauravsharma »

gauravsharma wrote:Birathers, this mango abdul managed to get two VIP pass for IAF full dress rehearsal ceremony to be held on 6th at Hindon AFS. I will be meeting to a gentleman from Tejas squadron today late evening and planning to ask him general question with respect to Tejas but if there is anything specific which I should ask then let me know.
Update:

I met him and told him about BRF. He replied that he too follow BRF :D :D . He didn't tell anything new which people here do not know. Still few tidbits

1. SP3 will be part of ceremony at Hindon (He was surprised when I asked about SP3)
2. He mentioned Tejas is an exceptional aircraft better than Mirage and among the best in inventory
3. SP4,5,6 are on schedule as per him.
3. MK1-A - 2021 is realistic as lots of test point needs to be verified for radar
4. Focus is on standardization and production. Total number ordered is placeholder/decision taken on higher level
5. I asked about F16/F18/Gripen and its impact on Tejas. He mentioned no impact as such as these are just talks only for the time being. (I was not very much convinced though with explanation)
6. He didn't reveal much on BVR, IFR or Gun trial. Just mention everything is on track.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

GShankar wrote: The intent of my question was to understand who in the "military" order can vet these kind of mission requirements. As in if Air chief makes a requirement, without brining bureaucracy and politicians in play, is there an higher authority like CDS who can look at all the forces (AF, Navy and Army) and say there are other options.
In theory there is an integrated defense staff responsible for doctrine and force projection but no say in acquisitions planning. The CSC is an equal rank officer. The people who "can" vet are the MoD bureaucracy. Their competency to do so has much to be desired. The next level are the people who own the purse, but they do not look at anything beyond that question. The DAC is another level, where these things are vetted but by the time this is at the DAC level it is a political call. The CCS is a rubber stamp.

IOW, just like the rest of our government, governance or the lack of it is the rule of the day. The way out is to have a dedicated defense core on the civilian side. An NDU was a dream of some stalwarts, yet to be realized.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

Rakesh wrote:Vivek Sir, I do not believe the Tejas can deliver a nuclear weapon. However I am willing to be corrected on that issue if I am wrong. That is not what the aircraft was designed to do. The Rafale on the other hand was envisioned with the nuclear role in mind.
Does France have any other aircraft for their nuclear delivery role, apart from Mirage/Rafale? Do we really need Rafale for free fall bombs. Further more, France relies on a short range ALCM for its payload delivery from the air. What is the plan for the Indian Rafale? Possible for it to carry a Brahmos or Nirbhay? I do not know of any plans to nuclear arm the Brahmos, so it has to be the Nirbhay for such a venture. Feasible for the Rafale to carry it? Will it be permitted? Is that the best use of the asset? Can the asset be even used against China, with a 3000 km, one way trip - presuming we are not looking to nuke Tibet and our deterrence is about counter value not counter force.

Is there any reason on earth, why Tejas IS NOT able to carry a a free fall nuclear payload? Weight? Dimensions? I am not saying Tejas is the best bet, there are other assets that can do the job, include the Rafale.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Vivek K wrote:Commodore Rakesh, guess what will be easier - adding capabilities to the LCA or adding indian tyres to the Rafales? Guess whose permission we will not need to launch punitive strikes against terrorism?
Typing on mobile device is not fun, so I will reply tomorrow. But I have to ask...why did u demote me from Admiral to Commodore. All because I did not distribute Mithai? :)
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

gauravsharma wrote:
gauravsharma wrote:Birathers, this mango abdul managed to get two VIP pass for IAF full dress rehearsal ceremony to be held on 6th at Hindon AFS. I will be meeting to a gentleman from Tejas squadron today late evening and planning to ask him general question with respect to Tejas but if there is anything specific which I should ask then let me know.
Update:

I met him and told him about BRF. He replied that he too follow BRF :D :D . He didn't tell anything new which people here do not know. Still few tidbits

1. SP3 will be part of ceremony at Hindon (He was surprised when I asked about SP3)
2. He mentioned Tejas is an exceptional aircraft better than Mirage and among the best in inventory
3. SP4,5,6 are on schedule as per him.
3. MK1-A - 2021 is realistic as lots of test point needs to be verified for radar
4. Focus is on standardization and production. Total number ordered is placeholder/decision taken on higher level
5. I asked about F16/F18/Gripen and its impact on Tejas. He mentioned no impact as such as these are just talks only for the time being. (I was not very much convinced though with explanation)
6. He didn't reveal much on BVR, IFR or Gun trial. Just mention everything is on track.

Thanks Gaurav, nice to hear straight from the horse's mouth.
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

As per Raha IAF Chief the Scenario for LCA is 120 Mk by around 2028 ie less than 10 per annum. Which matches with my earlier prognosis in BRF that production rate is not going to be enhanced to 16 per annum. HAL has no mandate to enhance production and even if starts the process, the production line will not be enhanced to 16 per annum before 2022-23.

Number of Roadblocks are indicated for LCA like first squadron within 1.5 years but Second FOC squadron only from third year onwards giving a gap of 1.5 years. Arjun, Dhansuh, Nag, Pinaka, Indian AD Gun story.

But Look at the enthusiasm for upgrading 30 year old Jags at US$ 40 million a pop but no enthusiasm for brand new LCA at US$ 20 apiece.

My cross Post below from another thread:-
Some responsibility has to be borne by top military brass also. Do they go to political bosses and say, defer K-9 and spike purchases as NVDs, BPJs, Shields, 106mm RCL are more important in the war that is being currently fought or any possible war that is envisaged. Everybody loves arming for full scale all out air and mechanised warfare as it requires lots of gold plated costly toys which will never be used compared to equipment for light infantry.

Look at the statements of Raha, regarding imports, does one ever hear such statements in favour of routine indigenous equipment. Does Raha say, that even his Garudas and Base forces are short of NVDs, BPJs, Shields, undergrowth clearing equipment, reinforced hangers, spare parts, simulators etc. NO! He will ONLY talk about GRIPEN and another line of imports or more Rafales.

How is he able to say that Rafale is super aircraft? Without even one Indian specific aircraft reaching India or even being manufactured?

What is the focus of IAF chief as per his own statements? GRIPEN, RAFALE, PAKFA, costly imported upgrades to Jags, Su-30MKI. But no mention of :-

Spare parts, maintenance
Simulators
BPJs, Helmets, Shields, NVDs
Protected pens for aircraft and ammo storage
Base Security
HTT-40, IJT, Saras, Rustom, LCH, LUH, ALH, Rudra
LCA MK-2, AMCA, AURORA , IMRH, RTA! NCA
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

Yes Sir no Mithali = demoshun onree!!
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

A question to learned maulanas - if Tejas Mk1A itself will take 2020-21 time-frame to mature, on what basis was the R&D establishment quoting a timeline of 2018-2019 for first flight of Tejas Mk2 earlier? Something which would require design changes in addition to all that is going on with respect to Tejas Mk1A?

And what kind of rework requires 4+ years for Tejas to go from Mk1 to Mk1A? I thought it was more like 36 months for first flight.

And who decides on the production timeline? Because 10 per annum seems low to me. If HAL is going to produce Tejas Mk1 at 16/annum, why not Tejas Mk1A?
sankum
BRFite

Post by sankum »

LCA production by HAL is planned @16/year likely to go up to 24/year with outsourcing to private sector but the IAF is planning induction at minimum of @10/year upto 2028 for 120nos LCAmk1 & mk1a.

They will likely keep production of Su30/FGFA @ 12/year after 2020 when 272nos Su30mki order is complete.

120nos make in India fighter @12/year in 2020-30 timeframe apart from 36 Rafale.

By 2030: 120 lca+36 rafale+120 Su30/FGFA+120 make in India fighter=400 fighters.

The remaining 6 nos/year LCA production of 16/year is likely to go to Indian Navy.

If Lca production goes up to 24/year then 16/year will go to IAF and 8/year will go to IN.
Bhaskar_T
BRFite

Post by Bhaskar_T »

4 months back, HAL CMD clearly told to Nitin Gokhale that HAL is executing already contracted 20MK1 (IOC) order. Rest 100 MK1A's indicated by IAF are not on a firm contract yet. This probably means that out of this 100 MK1A's, 20MK1 (FOC) can be firmly ordered by IAF (IAF expressed interest for 20 more MK1's in 2010 but I think firm order is not yet contracted on paper) at some point of time. So, indeed 120 is the number (20MK1 IOC + 20MK1 FOC + 80 MK1A's) for IAF possible order of LCA as of now.

HAL plans to double LCA production soon, says CMD - May 18, 2016; By: Nitin A Gokhale

http://bharatshakti.in/hal-plans-to-dou ... -says-cmd/

NG: You have orders for 124 aircraft. Are you expecting any more? Are there orders from other countries? There is news of Sri Lanka being quite keen about Tejas?

TSR: HAL is presently executing the order for 20 aircraft. Beyond this, Indian Air force has indicated a requirement of 100 aircraft in the LCA Mk 1A configuration.
HAL CMD also clarified that the current rated capacity of HAL LCA assembly line is 8 LCA's/annum and a proposal to increase it to 16 LCA's/annum is pending with Parrikar ji (since at least 6 months). Hence, excluding SP-1 to SP-4, at the best what HAL can do is to deliver rest 16 MK1 (IOC) in 2017 and 2018, i.e. 8/year. Probably, we all would be content with if HAL manages to deliver rest 16 MK1 (IOC) by 2019 (1 year of schedule slippage by HAL).
NG: Should you get orders from abroad, how will you meet the timelines and delivery schedules? Do you have the capacity to undertake these orders?

TSR: At present HAL has a rated capacity to produce eight Tejas aircraft per annum. Capacity augmentation to produce 16 aircraft per annum is on the anvil.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

maxratul wrote:LCA Mk2 is probably dead for the IAF. Best we can hope for is that the AMCA is not shelved.
The scoop I heard is that presently IAF is more interested in it than IN. Also, the further qty in negotiation is 80. SP41 will be MK1A, if the people who are supposed to build it :wink: pulls it off on time.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Indranil Ji

Perhaps it is a very clever chankian move.. one that was alluded to by our redoubtable Admiral Philip Saar in the naval thread... IIRC it went along the lines of 'we should buy more subs from russia so that Chinese and Pakis will not know whether they are tracking an Indian Russian or a Chinese Russian or a Vietnam Russian or a Russian Russian sub'

Maybe we should buy a couple of squadrons of bandars to keep the enemy confused

:D
indranilroy wrote: The people who are speaking up against Rafales/Gripens etc. mean no disrespect to the air chief. Having said that, can you show me an airforce in the world which has Sukhois, and Rafales, and Gripens/F-16s/F-18s, and Jaguars, and Mig-29s, and Mirages? If there are no such airforces, how are they satisfying their NEEDS?