India-US relations: News and Discussions III

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Suresh S
BRFite

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions III

Post by Suresh S »

I was right about trump all along . This is for all those with doubts.Just in from NewJersey Trump meeting.
https://youtu.be/xZYpK2bGMpY
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

He actually does smile!!
President Obama who spends all his time campaigning for crooked Hillary
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Impressed. For once he pushed buttons, right buttons. TeleTrump has changed since Conway had her way.

Good meet though.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

snahata wrote:I was right about trump all along . This is for all those with doubts.Just in from NewJersey Trump meeting.
https://youtu.be/xZYpK2bGMpY
I won't waste time listening to that clown, but did he say any sanctions against TSP? Or some other tough action against TSP? I know he was making some noises about ISIS. ISIS is irrelevant to the threat India faces from TSP.
shyam
BRFite

Post by shyam »

At 4:30 he says that India will be the best friend of US
Hitesh
BRFite

Post by Hitesh »

Those who supports trump are in an illusion. That's all I can say. I am no fan of Hillary but Trump is the worst out there. That's my two cents on this.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcS1rZNU3fQ

The chants of USA! USA! from the crowd are beginning to sound like, well... what happens at speeches by The Mahdi. Yikes! He wants a 10% tax on money "parked" overseas. Most of his promises are "kezunga! kezunga!" of course.
"Going to defend our religious freedom" (what Pence tried to do in Indiana)
"Going to save our 2nd Amendment" (NRA has endorsed him..)
"On Nov 8 the arrogance of Washington DC will come face to face with (whatever). "
"One ppl under One Gawd, saluting the One American Flag!!"
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

shyam wrote:At 4:30 he says that India will be the best friend of US
Everybody says that. But when the rubber meets the road, will he put sanctions on TSP? Will he help India isolate TSP?
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Looks like Trump has been coached and given talking points by those from CIA/Pentagon in his campaign team. For all the moolah the Hindus Americans doled out to get this clown to grace their event, here are his views on how he plans to tackle TSP terror

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-new ... Bt7DJ.html

Describing the ongoing India-Pakistan tensions as a “very, very hot tinderbox”, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump said he would “love to be the mediator or arbitrator” if it was necessary and if the two countries wanted him to.

But when pressed for plans for Pakistan, he said, “Well, I would love to see Pakistan and India get along, because that’s a very, very hot tinderbox... That would be a very great thing. I hope they can do it.”
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Certainly looks like Mr. Trump is getting molded - first by Ms. Kellyanne Conway and Mr. Bannon and now by the CIA/Pentagon.

why do we even have election I wonder. It is so predictable. And, now with hackers the game is too transparent.

No majja. It will put all analysts out of work.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

for all the 'he's a straight talker, who will take the fight to the jihadis, unlike the hilaries' stuff that he is supposed to be and we are to support this 'change from regular politics' guy,

he cannot even say that pakis have been screwing us for far too long and that needs to end. which is the longest running scam in foreign policy of US.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

But you have to admire the certitude of the military industrial complex, wall st, Church combine that rules USA: the status quo prevails, and the endless comic theater called the election process goes on for 2 years with shallow narcissistic differences between the candidates on issues of substance. On the face of it, there is a "choice", but is there really one?

I feel sorry for those Hindus who most likely begged and cajoled this clown to grace their event (Hindus would be the last people on the minds of bimbos like has campaign manger Conway, so I doubt it was her decision). If the rich Hindus guys who organized that event had any brains, which I doubt, they were probably looking for some kind of a photo op or looking to advance business interest with Trump or just plane foolish to fall for Trump's anti-Muslim rhetoric extending to TSP, they will now realize how he p!ssed on them and India.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Trump is a horrible human being.. a serial sex offender like him should not get anywhere near seat of power. I cannot think of him as a leader in any aspects. It would be a disaster for USA if that clown gets into white house. He will get impeached within a year and his EJ VP will rule the roost. It would be the worst nightmare for US, its allies and India - US friendship that is in nascent stages. I hope that clown loses and loses badly.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

There are people here who will still worship a bigot who boasts that he will not loose any support "even if he shoots people on fifth avenue". These people can ignore my message but for everyone else who is interested in US India relationship please do read.

DT recently said he is best for Hindus (and India) with a straight face. He is NOT. He actually is the WORST.
PLEASE do see the clip linked below (his own words)..
He is ignorant and hates Hindus/ Sikhs same as any other group because he does not know the difference - again please see the clip)

DT has said in past, multiple times, no one is better than him for women. (Even though he publicly boasts about sexually assaulting them.)

He said he is best for Latinos (even though he calls them Rapist)

He said he is best for African Americans (even though he is prominent birther)
Anyone who believes this con-artist tells , for me, is beyond pale.

Just recently in a town hall meeting he was asked about Sikhs by a policeman who was shot multiple times protecting a sikh temple. He asked:
"Ninety-nine percent of the men in the United States who wear turbans are Sikh and not Muslim," Murphy continued. "How would you suggest we help educate the public and not alienate these groups, and at the same time, how do we protect the Constitutional rights of minority groups like the Muslim, Sikh, Hindu and Jews, while still addressing radical Islamization?"
Here is his rant ... the first 90 seconds.. for readers with long attention spans and even stronger stomachs:
We have a tremendous problem with radical Islam, whether we like it or we don't. We have a president who won't talk about it. I mean, Ted was saying the same thing, we have a president who won't talk about it. Why he won't talk about it, perhaps only he knows, but it's a disgrace what's going on. We have a serious, serious problem, and when I called for a temporary ban, I thought that was a very bad thing for me to do politically, but I felt I should do it. And, I didn't know that I would go up in the polls opposed to down. I did that because I really felt there had to be something done. That was after the horrible San Bernardino, California situation. After, obviously, Paris, which was terrible. You know, we talk about Paris with the gun-free zones, we talk about Paris with their strong gun laws. By the way, nobody had guns except for the bad guys. If we would have had guns on the other side going, in terms of Second Amendment having to do, if bullets were — same thing with San Bernardino — if bullets were going in the opposite direction, you wouldn't have had the problems in those two places, that I can tell you. So I think we have to be extremely careful with our Second Amendment, and we have to cherish our Second Amendment. Very important. But I would say this: When I called for the temporary banning, we have to look at it. We have a serious problem. I think you'll admit that Brian. We have a very, very serious problem with radical Islam, and if we don't want to discuss it, and if we don't want to look at it, we're never going to solve the problem ...
He goes on and on... Anderson Cooper again tries to ask him how he will protect others like Hindus' etc.. He does NOT answer but goes on how ISIS is bad, as if ISIS = Hindus.. sikhs or anyone else who does not like him.

Here is the clip:
http://app.criticalmention.com/app/#cli ... 99df8f6edf

PS.. I have known heard about DT for at least last 40 years.. Can't find anything good as far as being good to "hindus" ..he company has been sued for discrimination against renting to minorities. His bigot-ness is no secret except, perhaps, from those who do get conned by his occasional stunts about how "tremendous" he is.
/sigh/

HRC is, without any doubt, is the best candidate for US/India Relationship - don't get fooled by same kind of nonsense which fooled a few people in US and India that NaMo danger-to-US-and-India relationship.

Back to lurking mode..
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

FWIW - Personal observance (will be careful not to give any private info away):
A relative of mine and BC's mom knew each other and got along well and hence long ago we have met BC/HRC in informal settings - this was before BC ran for president --some one we knew owned a nice hotel there, where we (and BC's mom) often stayed while visiting relatives. The venue was in Arkansas when BC was governor. Arkansas at that time (and probably still is ) was not that(relatively) friendly to "outsiders" (even from "yanks", less so for a few Indians who were there at that time) but the this particular family was certainly very friendly, knowledgeable about India (and outside world in general). The Clintons were well educated -- something we respected . He was a popular governor, and HRC was a respected lawyer.

I find it quite odd that people will believe even some of the worst or even crazy stories about her simply because someone like DT will spew something. Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised seeing all the trash being spewed on people like NaMo in India or Birther stories in US.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

schinnas wrote:Trump is a horrible human being.. a serial sex offender like him should not get anywhere near seat of power..
I don't think that is where he starts being a person that should not be supported.

I am actually questioning the very premise that he will be better to India, than Hilary. I say this as someone who is quite aware of the stuff that Hilary, half bright, raphael etc have done in the past and the institutional issues that hilary was part of and contributed to etc. Please stop telling me what I already know on that.

but how will trump be any different? he does not know anything about india. he does not care about india. so why would he be "good" to india. he will simply let his advisors run that policy and why would that be any different from what would happen in a hilary admin?

this idea that he says stuff about jihadis (strictly to rile up his base and not in any meaningful policy way) - and therefore he will cut pakis to size and help us deal with them - is just delusional wishful thinking. where is any evidence that he will do that, other than he is "not hilary".
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Trump vows to become 'best friends' with India
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump pledged Saturday night that under his administration the U.S. and India would become "best friends."

Trump vowed in a speech before the Republican Hindu Coalition that if he won, the Hindu and Indian communities would have a "true friend" in the White House.

"I am a big fan of Hindu, and I am a big fan of India," Trump told the audience in Edison, N.J.
Trump called India a "natural ally" of the U.S. and said that if he becomes president, the U.S. and India "are going to become even better friends."

"We are going to be best friends," Trump said.

The speech was aimed at brandishing the outspoken real estate tycoon's chops on the international stage, which he leaned into by pointing to his business experience.

"I am involved in two massive developments in India," Trump informed the audience.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

(OK, Serious Post Break SPB#1 in an otherwise hilarious thread) Obviously the Clintons have impressed a great many people, to have got elected as many times as they have done, and to have amassed gazillions of dollars. The question is, what do I do with the evidence before my eyes, of HC's complicity in the 2006 atrocities, the Iraq atrocities, the Ukraine atrocities and now, most blatantly, the Syrian atrocity? I saw myself her lying with that fixed Deathhead Grin as she claimed during the second debate that the Russians have done NOTHING to combat the ISIS (If NOTHING else, Palmyra anyone?). So I have no doubt that she is a goddamn liar with absolutely no conscience. I may or may not believe what I read about their role in ripping off Haiti. Huma Abedin terrifies me a lot more than Trump and Pence do. As for EJ VPs, there is little to choose between Pence who is at least too stupid to get any real damage done, and Caine, who is an utterly obnoxious toad. So I say, give Trump, a real, total outsider to DC, a chance. The best certificate that Trump can get is that the Republican elephantine asses hate him, including the T-Party Hitler Jugend. And he had the good sense to keep Palin away. During the first debate he actually made a lot of good points, but those were at above kindergarten IQ and hence went straight through the ears of the TV watching burger-munching Public. So in Debate 2 he came down to the HiC level and smashed her. I think there is far more substance to Trump than what he puts on.

P.S. Forgot: HiC also ran the SD as Afghanistan was given away to the Pakis.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 16 Oct 2016 23:58, edited 2 times in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

SPB#2:
but how will trump be any different? he does not know anything about india. he does not care about india.
Exactly what I like about his candidacy. Had enough of "Friends and Benefactors of India" from Jimmy Carter to Al OBama. Ronald Reagan started out ignorant but he came to admire IG. Dubya was probably the best for India of all US Presidents - he actually broke the nuclear stranglehold (OK, WC started that process after getting 1998 horribly wrong).

The US elects Presidents to lead the USA, not be Benefactors of India. I'll take anyone who doesn't come in with an agenda to Take Over The World and Convert the Sheep etc. but just believes in the Constitution of the USA, even including the Second Amenment (Rite 2 Bare Arms and Butts And Everything Else)

India is 9 to 12 time zones away from America. Any closer is simply not a great idea, IMvHO. Mutual respect, increased cultural understanding are fine. Trade deals are fine. Alliances, not really. Close embrace, horrible idea. Cristoforo Geo-Cluelesso Colombo got it right by sheer fluke - India has much more in common with the First Nations of America, remember.
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

Agree with UB. Classic Indian chut$$pa my brother is a millioner and I sit and had lunch with one of the richest man in India who is a close family friend and yes that makes me someone especial, my ass. The fact is if I spout thAt kind of classic Indian nonsense I am alreAdy less than special in my own eyes
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

OK, back 2 our regular programming. NO ONE in this campaign seems to have brought up HiC's major debacle of 1992-1994: HillaryCare. That is the origin of the term ObamaCare. Right after WC (wonder what they called him in Oxford with those initials, hain?) took over, HiC decided that SHE was going to author HealthCare Reform, although no one had elected her to anything. The orders were flowing from the First Lady, not from the President. She should have been arrested right away for abuse of power. For once the Republicans were accurate - her plan WAS a complete disaster. Crashed in flames, nearly took down WC's presidency. I think that was the major reason for the Donkeys losing control over COTUS after the massive WC Landslide of 1992. Gingrich & Co wiped the floor with the Donkeys in 1994, getting a massive lead in the House. So HiC's Keystone Kops record of disasters had a great boost right there. What was her approach? Made Obamacare took trivial in comparison of convoluted bureaucracy, and would have created a massive Centralized Healthcare Bureaucracy while letting the Insurance Companies take over the country. ObamaCare is actually the best thing BO has done, and is a wonderful start to the process of controlling medical costs if they dont' lose focus, and do the right thing.
Ppl may not have noticed, but some States have started implementing Remote Doctoring: the doc sits far away and the medical care is delivered mostly by video and Internet. A nice start to legalizing mostly automated medicine, followed by having the care provider located, say, in Gurgaon or (Houristan forbid!) Faisalabad Near Railway Station Under Statue of Gola. Followed by certification for 100 times increase in # of qualified care providers, and competition to bring down costs. None of that would be possible under HiC's model, which is based on the British/Canadian disasters.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 17 Oct 2016 00:24, edited 1 time in total.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

So I say, give Trump, a real, total outsider to DC, a chance.
but still an insider to the power structure that runs things in massa. He is no Bernie, who in many ways is more of an outsider than Trump ever was or will be.
I think there is far more substance to Trump than what he puts on.
like...?

Can you please give a few actual policy pronouncements, with detail, that he has been consistent on. Preferably on foreign policy.

please don't quote from tweets, incomplete sentences in speeches or things that he later denied, started with a false premise etc. Something like 8 to 10 sentences, two paras, that makes sense. Should not contain the word Hilary.
Exactly what I like about his candidacy
right - an ignoramus who does not have attention span or discipline or picks right people to get his work done etc makes a good candidate. There was a lesser idiot just one presidency before and look at what damage he caused.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

I think there is far more substance to Trump than what he puts on.

--

I agree that his speeches are to an extent an act to get the base behind him. But the idea that he has some substance and that he will fix things are also an act. Nothing in his history has demonstrated that.

His basic claim to 'I can fix things' is - he was able to leverage himself with banks, stiff people later on contracts and obligations with threats of long drawn lawsuits and bankruptcy declaration. That sort of skill has no use in changing policy in DC.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Gus wrote:I think there is far more substance to Trump than what he puts on.

--

I agree that his speeches are to an extent an act to get the base behind him. But the idea that he has some substance and that he will fix things are also an act. Nothing in his history has demonstrated that.

His basic claim to 'I can fix things' is - he was able to leverage himself with banks, stiff people later on contracts and obligations with threats of long drawn lawsuits and bankruptcy declaration. That sort of skill has no use in changing policy in DC.
Trump will be known for unpredictability.

All he has to do is show some unpredictability to China and Pakistan

DT does not have to do anything to India. India will know how to play along.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

that he will fix things are also an act
Hey, u r batting 100 todin! Exactly right again. All he can do is armtwist some Senators by witholding bridge-repair $$ etc. Which is the great thing about the American system, PROVIDED that the circus has completely destroyed the credibility of the Elephant Party and T-Party and they are going to get their asses handed to them in a paper bag on Nov. 8. :mrgreen: They have been obstructing progress for 8 years, after the disastrous 8 when they destroyed the economy leading through 2008.

The ideas he spouts are complete BS - transparently so. FYI, I actually listened through a couple of his speeches yesterday, linked off these threads, for the first time. :rotfl:
Bring back jobs and increase wages? yeah, you would need the increase all right if all the Made In China stuff started disappearing from WarMalt and nice $15 handbags are replaced by $300 Made In America pieces of garbage. Chrysler-quality cars for twice the price of a Toyota.
"Apple Will Make Their Products In America Again". Yeah, and an iPhone will cost more than a diamond ring and last as long as a pencil.
Re-negotiate Trade Pacts? At least there will be a demand for shirts, socks, pants and underwear because the US Negotiators will be constantly needing new ones after every such Negotiation.
Ban Muslims from entering? His TSA boss can set up a permanent tent outside the Federal Courts where they will be dragged every day. Pence found out what happens when you pass stupid laws.
So all his campaign promises are credible - if you're the type who gets conned into buying Oil Lands In Colorado from Florida-based scammers.
A Wall Will b Built!!! Yeah, maybe 1 foot high.

So I don't see much danger of anything big changing. What I DO think will happen (because it did under Clueless RaygunReagan) is that DC bureaucrats actually get so scared that they get serious about doing their jobs per the Constitution. That's what made Reagan so "Great". I think Trump is at least as clueful as Reagan. Reagan tried "PaperWork Reduction" and all it did was another 100 words on each form explaining how many minutes it would take to fill and what they will do to you if you don't. His "tax simplification" ended up being a huge tax complication - and increase (only Dubya actually reduced taxes, to his credit, and even gave back some $$). I think Reagan gave a block of cheese to each American to support farm subsidies.

So Trump will have to go after the easier boondoggles that were traditionally protected by one or other lobby that has now bissed him off. Maybe Corn Subsidies. Maybe Tobacco Subsidies (if they have them).
Anyway, all pie in the sky. Buy a HoKo and an EJ equivalent before prices go up on those. The way things are going, you can visit Shalimar and Taj Mahal on the same visa soon.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 17 Oct 2016 00:57, edited 1 time in total.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Amber G. wrote: ****
HRC is, without any doubt, is the best candidate for US/India Relationship - don't get fooled by same kind of nonsense which fooled a few people in US and India that NaMo danger-to-US-and-India relationship.

Back to lurking mode..
Ambe GJi, hope in lurking mode you are reading this. I completely agree with you. A white nationalist (actually fascist) like Trump will be the farthest one can get from Hindu spiritualism. Pity those Hindus who were suck!ing up to him at the event don't get it.

And as you point out, HRC will be the "best" candidate from a US/India relationship, and I might add the best help India can get from US in tackling TSP. Recall her trips to TSP and the straight talking she did. Of course, HRC being HRC, she will do equal equal with TSP RAPE, she will mingle with Indian elite to pontificate to India on religious freedom, feminism and BS like that; but at the end of the day, thats the best India can get from a US.

Unless India can get US to stop viewing India through a colonial lens, the equal equal spectacle will never change, and one can never get US to look at TSP terror against India as the same abominable evil as Islamist terror against the west. For the foreseeable future, India's battle with TSP is India's alone, with some minuscule help from HRC were she to become president (which as per Nate Silver's model is almost a certainty: 88% chance :-)).
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

CRamS wrote:But you have to admire the certitude of the military industrial complex, wall st, Church combine that rules USA: the status quo prevails, and the endless comic theater called the election process goes on for 2 years with shallow narcissistic differences between the candidates on issues of substance. On the face of it, there is a "choice", but is there really one?

I feel sorry for those Hindus who most likely begged and cajoled this clown to grace their event (Hindus would be the last people on the minds of bimbos like has campaign manger Conway, so I doubt it was her decision). If the rich Hindus guys who organized that event had any brains, which I doubt, they were probably looking for some kind of a photo op or looking to advance business interest with Trump or just plane foolish to fall for Trump's anti-Muslim rhetoric extending to TSP, they will now realize how he p!ssed on them and India.
++1.

However, IMVVVHO, the problem is India. That these yahoos have a model and they run that script every time is a given. The problem is that they have predicted that India will behave this way and therefore we do that. India needs to break this old mold and behave like a nation it should be. Modi to a very great extent has done that - more so than anyone else in the past. He alone cannot get it done. Indians need to do their bit to get out of this old mold. Simple thing: be on time, clean up, follow the rules, ............. Nothing out of this world - no need to go to mars and land anything or even to the moon. Something as simple as these things will break the CIA/Pentagon's model/script. And, it will benefit India itself, without any FDI or aid or NSG/SC seat/s, etc.

On the two candidates:
* HRC is a predictable and now compromised buffoon
* DFT is an unpredictable and yet be fully compromised buffoon

I would take HRC. I would make dead sure that the Ford Foundation does NOT change their prez or ANY board member - in fact I would regularly invite teh prez of Ford Foundation for chai/biscut. Podesta: I would make him my very best friend. ..................... so on and so forth.

ALL these guys are compromised and open book (to the extent possible) - the best people to deal with.

IMHO, India cannot ask for a better situation. The US is back peddling, Russia is wounded, China will have internal problems within a year or so, Europe is on IV. THIS is India's time.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

I am also surprised at the scare mongering here about hilary with NGO activism in India. Relax. We got the A team in place now. The NGOs are muzzled. The media is vastly discredited. The power brokers and lobbyists are out of biz. Diplomatically we are in a much stronger position to push back on any pak pasand shenanigans.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

MSNBC had a small clip showing the Trump event with Hindus. Only thing good about that clip was that slim, attractive Indian chic on the stage, whoever she is :-). Of course MSNBC being MSNBC didn't even discuss what Trump said, but very quickly switched to a whine fest from Chinese Americans. I get amused when Indians, Asians, Muslims whine about discrimination in US and their lament that neither candidate woos them. I mean do these guys introspect on two counts: 1) They are not filled with glory on the discrimination barometer either, do the Chinese think about how they treat Indians and vice versa, and do Muslims wonder how they treat every other non believer, 2) Do they realize what a minuscule minority they are in an overwhelmingly white Christian nationalist country. Why should HRC or DT give a rat's behind for such a tiny fraction of the electoral pie?

Just be like me, sit back and watch the election process as theater and entertainment or a comic show, which is what it is.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Generally ignoring the obvious noise but let me respond to this classy pearl of wisdom. I am keeping the focus on topic (US/India Relationship)
snahata wrote:Agree with UB. Classic Indian chut$$pa my brother is a millioner and I sit and had lunch with one of the richest man in India who is a close family friend and yes that makes me someone especial, my ass. The fact is if I spout thAt kind of classic Indian nonsense I am alreAdy less than special in my own eyes
Snahataji - Impressed with your classy choice of words, but if you are spouting on me here are just a few minor points..it is not my brother, It is me who am a millionaire.. makes it little easy as I want to spend more time with my kids and grand-kids and even the modest house cost several million US dollars in the area. (Heck a ride of parabolic maneuvers and to experience zero gravity now a days cost about $5000 per person). My brother, OTOH, pays several million dollars each year just for taxes.. (and money also helps in his favorite work in our home village where we grew up)

I did not have lunch with the richest man in India but I do happen to spend some time (including lunch) with the richest Indian American in US. Just to add another tidbit, another American Indian who, as I check Fortune's list, is among top 5 Indian Americans (also graduated from an Indian school around the same time as me) was talking to us about his foundation which is giving $1 Billion (yes with a B ) for NaMo's skill India and educational effort. One of the big thrust of this effort is positive Indo-US Policy. This is what I WANT to do in helping. (If you want to check out - www dot wfglobal dot org).

Sorry if this "spouts" some (they are free to ignore us) but for us it is a big deal. The above mentioned people and most of the people like us come from very modest family, are successful in their field, have a raised a family we are proud of. This is also people like HRC
coming from modest family, paying importance to education, working hard, being a successful lawyer, FLOTUS, senator, secretory of state earns our respect. DT on the other hand, even being fortunate of having ultra-rich parents is failure in EVERY respect. For crying out loud, how much genius of a business it takes to lose about $900,000,000 in a single year running casinos!!! Apart from spewing hate there is nothing left there. But more despicable characters are the brainwashed blind followers who will worship every lie (no matter how absurd). Some of the brf posts tells me much more about these worthies than they tell us about DT or HRC about US or India.

Problem is not in US alone. Pak has many such people and gullible followers but India has some too. It is apparent that some are here in brf. :(

Bright sight for people like me is that we are moving in positive direction. With people like NaMo in India, and HRC in US I see very bright future. Sure there will be, as brf, NYT, Desi media, clearly displays, there are and there always will be people who will scream "cooked Killary" .. or " Butcher of Gujarat" or worse but for me I see my children, and grand-children who are well educated, have respect for me and other decent people. I am also happy to know that I do not know a single person who is conned by this con-artist.
so there is hope. There is a change in top babus in India too. Instead of throwing gaalis , or calling us traitors, (or worse) GoI, and US
both are giving us respect.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Gus wrote:I am also surprised at the scare mongering here about hilary with NGO activism in India. Relax. We got the A team in place now. The NGOs are muzzled. The media is vastly discredited. The power brokers and lobbyists are out of biz. Diplomatically we are in a much stronger position to push back on any pak pasand shenanigans.
Gus - Actually if someone knew *anything* based on fact (and not "scare mongering") will know HRC is BY FAR the best for India. ( shrill "Killary" rants just shows absolute ignorance)Just a small tidbit when NaMo visited California last time, we (Indians like me here + US State Dept + GoI) were trying to arrange a town-hall by NaMo aaa the star at Stanford University (Yes the one which "scholars" were sure will snub NaMo) moderated by Bill Clinton for "Clean Energy"). It is no secret now -- you can check newspapers/wiki-leak etc. Obviously the choice was very exciting.. we got equally better Google's CEO, Facebook TownHall, SAP Center 20,000 crown, Tesla tour etc.

Bill Clinton has given keynote speech at IIT sponsored leadership conferences, so other people from Obama/HRC team. Why would we invite him if we thought they are bad for US India relationship?

One has to look at *actual* record what she has done for US/India relationship, not just get influenced by silly demonizing. (Killing OSAMA was not bad for India - just saying :) )
GShankar
BRFite

Post by GShankar »

I think lost in all these arguments is the most pertinent question - Is the best for unkil, the best for injuns (and to a reasonable extent best for rest of bhoomi)?

The answer to the above question has a direct correlation to all the arguments above.. just saying.
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

No saar I was talking about me not u. I do not know who u are . But it was a general comment about Indians in general and Indians in America in particular. And your diatribe just proves my point thanks.
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

calling shiv to give his opinion because I know u have talked about these very points many times over.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Aiyooo Snahata, pls don't agree with me! :shock: In fact I am considering learning to type. Must be lots of jobs coming up, typing legal "briefs" of thousands of pages for all the Special Prosecutors who will be appointed to go after anyone who remotely was suspected of agreeing with DT, their friends, relatives, ppl who posted on the same Internet forum... or agreed with their posts....
Long list of revenge items out there, starting with the Whitewater Prosecution, going to the Impeachment hearings, the Benghazi hearings, the Emailgate Hearings....
Next: Anyone who posted disagreement/ suspicions about Mohterma Abedin.
And Mohterma Victoria "*UCK EU" Neuland.
And Pleet Bhalala. :eek:
This is how Siberia and the Trans-Siberian Railroad were developed. One gulag at a time. One stone broken at a time. Same with the Gobi Desert Railroad.
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

I am already rolling of my chair onto the floor UB :D
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

Amber G. wrote:..

One has to look at *actual* record what she has done for US/India relationship, not just get influenced by silly demonizing. (Killing OSAMA was not bad for India - just saying :) )
+1 Given that I am not a HRC fan.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

U know what is going to rile people more? Modi and Hilary hitting it off like a couple. :rotfl:

You heard it here first
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Amber G. wrote:One has to look at *actual* record what she has done for US/India relationship, not just get influenced by silly demonizing. (Killing OSAMA was not bad for India - just saying :) )
Amber G. I am genuinely curious yet ignorant of this.

Could you please lay out the "*actual* record [of] what she has done for US/India relationship"?

That will certainly help a lot with the discussion going on in this thread.
Gus wrote:U know what is going to rile people more? Modi and Hilary hitting it off like a couple. :rotfl:

You heard it here first
I don't PM Modi cares who gets to occupy the White House. He hit it off very well with "My name is Barck Hussain Obama", so wouldn't be surprised so see him hitting off well with whoever the next POTUS is going to be.
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

someone quite rich said this "paise wale ke pas sirf paisa hota ha or kuch nahi ". the above diatribe referring to people as despicable and brain washed just proves that.