India-US relations: News and Discussions III

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions III

Post by CRamS »

Yagnasri wrote:Huma may be good choice. Peaceful will love her and great for the multicultural thing. One problem may be both are more than friends as per a rumor.
I don't know about the juicy part, age difference between the 2, even for a non-conventional relationship, is too much to believe that. But on her appointment to high office, I don't know why people are hung up on her proximity to Hillary. From all accounts I read, she is a personal assistant and loyal slave to Hillary and will remain so, and Huma bibi likes the attention from white bahadurs and madams like all India TSP RAPEs. Not worth spending bandwidth on her. Of course, I like the way the slime ball Trump draws out and pronounces Huma's name in the aftermath of the latest FBI announcement on her pervert husband, leaving no doubt in the minds of whites that she is a Muslim (that she is a RAPE Muslim especially the uber RAPE variety from India TSP who will probably be more white than Melani if given a chance is another matter).
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Some 10000 emails are said to be found with her husband computer/server (or whatever) as per rumor under life insurance folder. whose life? :mrgreen:

There is a lot we do not know and may not know in this episode. But the election predictions are gone for a toss I think. DT will appeal to basic fear of Whites that a Muslim will control White House under HC and just like Obomber it will be pro-Muslim administration. Very powerful mobilization tool. HC, on the other hand, may lose borderline and independent voters who may stay at home on the 8th Nov.

First Obomber should not have pressed for Syrian refugees in the first place. He had a very "decent" record of deporting Mexicans and has not highlighted it because of political correctness issues. These two may end up helping DT a lot.

As per one more rumor Obomber is not going to canvass for HC from now.
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

CRamS wrote:
Yagnasri wrote:Huma may be good choice. Peaceful will love her and great for the multicultural thing. One problem may be both are more than friends as per a rumor.
I don't know about the juicy part, age difference between the 2, even for a non-conventional relationship, is too much to believe that. But on her appointment to high office, I don't know why people are hung up on her proximity to Hillary. From all accounts I read, she is a personal assistant and loyal slave to Hillary and will remain so, and Huma bibi likes the attention from white bahadurs and madams like all India TSP RAPEs. Not worth spending bandwidth on her. Of course, I like the way the slime ball Trump draws out and pronounces Huma's name in the aftermath of the latest FBI announcement on her pervert husband, leaving no doubt in the minds of whites that she is a Muslim (that she is a RAPE Muslim especially the uber RAPE variety from India TSP who will probably be more white than Melani if given a chance is another matter).
AFAIK Hillary herself didn't hold any public office until after her stint as 'first lady'. Huma is/was married to former congressman Anthony Weiner who I suppose was an up and coming politician until he was literally caught with his pants down and his political career went to $hit (unlike bill). So I definitely don't think that we should write Huma off as just a personal assistant, though Secretary of State is a bit much. May be WH Chief of Staff, with play on an elected office later on.
Akshay Kapoor
Forum Moderator

Post by Akshay Kapoor »

krishna_krishna wrote:NRaoji, you worry about your massan desh, India is the oldest civilization on the world that has absorbed worse than any brexit colony and long before any of them came into existence. Civilization of satpasindhu has strength from within and even though whatever bad you see from time to time it has produced leaders that have kept it safe and prosperous.As they say in massan lingo "No Worries"
I think N Rao is right on the need for good leadership. I don't think he meant we can't do it - Modiji is a case in point. Our great civilisation went through a very dark period from 1000 AD onwards because of lack of leadership. But a Shivaji and a Guru Gobind Singh also came. But their legacies were frittered away soon. The Sindhu on which our civilisation is based doesn't flow through our lands any more. Unless we take hard look at oursleves we cannot correct. With clarity of mind and single focus each of us has to play our part every day.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

NRao wrote: As a result, the only problem I see - if at all there is one - will be Indian. India, IMVVHO, needs to clean up her act and produce good leaders. Talk is easy - granted.
Name 5 excellent leaders produced by USA?
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

^
Kya teer nishaney par maraa hai ...
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

panduranghari wrote:
NRao wrote: As a result, the only problem I see - if at all there is one - will be Indian. India, IMVVHO, needs to clean up her act and produce good leaders. Talk is easy - granted.
Very good point. However, the US had excellent leaders after independence and at critical junctures in its formation. India did not and we are suffering until now.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

panduranghari wrote:
depends on definition. of xcellent. many US leaders had huge personality flaws and werent lily white by any means but advanced us economy, strength etc. IMHO powerful US leaders included FDR, lincoln, washington, eisenhower and teddy roosevelt. if excellent is good for US interests, darn the rest then above do apply. iguess.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

Johnson's passing of the civil rights and medicare law was land mark legislation.

he got rid of jim crow laws in the south and provide health care for senior citizens.

an enormous improvement in the quality of life of my nation.

he failed in vietnam and it destroyed him. but he was one of the greats, he truly cared about the poor and working class.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

abhik wrote: AFAIK Hillary herself didn't hold any public office until after her stint as 'first lady'. Huma is/was married to former congressman Anthony Weiner who I suppose was an up and coming politician until he was literally caught with his pants down and his political career went to $hit (unlike bill). So I definitely don't think that we should write Huma off as just a personal assistant, though Secretary of State is a bit much. May be WH Chief of Staff, with play on an elected office later on.
Absolutely, Hillary was a nobody until her husband became president. And when he turned out to be the pervert that he is, she still stuck with him because she had her own ambitions. (Never mind that he is as much a war criminal as Bush/Blaire/Cheney/Rumsfeld for his constant bombing of hapless Iraqis, and his taking out a medicine plant in Sudan just when his poll ratings tooka hit in the aftermatch of sex scandals. And closer to home, lets not forget his bold-faced lie accusing "Hindu extremists" of being behind the Chattisingpura massacre of Sikhs when in fact the gory act was undertaken by TSP pigLeTs).

But all that said, Hillary is one heck of a talented, tough woman from a US PoV. She deserves all the lift she got, and she deserves more. US feminist BS is one heck of a gargantuan fraud, its more akin to having the "freedom" to wear thongs in public space to seek the attention of powerful white men like Trump, and then whine about groping once they are dumped. Hillary is a genuine feminist in the style of Durga :-). That for us SDREs, it won't make a difference, Hillary or Trump is another matter, it will be India == TSP until India by itself can change that equation.

Coming to the half Paki slave Hillary has, I doubt she will get any visible role beyond paper pushing. Hillary is too smart to give her a public profile. US is too much of a white Christian nationalist, xenophobic country, and given the negative notoriety that the half Paki has, Hillary won't let her come in the way of her administrative agenda should she win, by constantly having to answer negative taunts about Huma (Of course, the half Paki has all the underpinnings of another Fareed Zakariah, and could have assumed a larger public profile, but she squandered that with her courtship of a sleaze bag like Weiner, and deservedly so given her poor judgement). Last night I saw on TV that Hillary is already jolted by the latest FBI announcement, that the half Paki was not accompanying her on the campaign trail. The job of paper pushing, ordering Hillary's meals and dry cleaning etc is now being handled by somebody else.
Hitesh
BRFite

Post by Hitesh »

TSJones wrote:Johnson's passing of the civil rights and medicare law was land mark legislation.

he got rid of jim crow laws in the south and provide health care for senior citizens.

an enormous improvement in the quality of life of my nation.

he failed in vietnam and it destroyed him. but he was one of the greats, he truly cared about the poor and working class.
Agreed. He was a far better president than JFK and yet JFK was immortalized over Lyndon Johnson. If Lyndon Johnson hadn't made that move to use the Gulf of Tonkin incident to go into Vietnam, he would have won a second term and further implement a set far wide ranging reforms. He really knew how to work the Congress to pass bills in his favor.
Hitesh
BRFite

Post by Hitesh »

So true. Look at China. They bravely resisted the US in Korean War and now US is very wary of fighting the Chinese in a conflict and seeking ways to avoid conflict and engaging in appeasement moves such as not recognizing Taiwan as a distinct and independent country, opening vast trade with China despite its atrocious human rights records, not making any moves towards North Korea.
IMHO, the Bidens and Kerrys have stayed awake past their bed time. They will try - dogs bark, cats meow/growl. Not much anyone can do anything to a confident India.
John Kerry was and is still an idiot. I didn't vote for Kerry but for Bush. As for Biden, he is a suave tough working class guy. Sure he doesn't know that much about India and fell on the wrong side, but domestically, he was good for US. On the foreign part, he is pretty much ineffectual.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Biden is not going to be US president unless HC loses this time and in 2020 he is the candidate.

Expect a lot of surprises in the next two or three days. I think HC is being abandoned by the Deep state or somehow Deep state lost control of this elections. Otherwise, so close to elections this Huma Hubby mail thing would not have come out.
Hitesh
BRFite

Post by Hitesh »

FBI Directory Comey did a really slimey and disgusting thing by posting the email to Congress. He knew very well that it would become the leading headline. He was trying to influence the election in such a blatant and flagrant manner. He needs to be shown the door and kicked out. I hope Obama will fire him.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Hitesh wrote:FBI Directory Comey did a really slimey and disgusting thing by posting the email to Congress. He knew very well that it would become the leading headline. He was trying to influence the election in such a blatant and flagrant manner. He needs to be shown the door and kicked out. I hope Obama will fire him.
He was just doing his job.

Let the chips fall where they may!
Hitesh
BRFite

Post by Hitesh »

No he was not doing his job. He violated ethic rules by posting the email to Congress in an election year and so close to the election. Moreover, the way he framed the email insinuated that it was HRC doing the email when it was abundantly clear that it was not HRC but someone else and not even remotely related to what HRC's email controversy was about.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

If there was no private email server there would be no leakage of emails to Weiner's computer.
So original sin is with those who setup the private email server to which classified email was sent.
And from there to the computer of an uncleared person.
Asking Comey to release the emails has two flaws:
- The case is under investigation
- The emails could be classified and cant be released except by authorized declassifier

BTW, Comey still doesn't have warrant from DOJ to read the Abedin folders on Weiner's computer.
Loretta Lynch has to approve. Not happening yet.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Hitesh wrote:No he was not doing his job. He violated ethic rules by posting the email to Congress in an election year and so close to the election. Moreover, the way he framed the email insinuated that it was HRC doing the email when it was abundantly clear that it was not HRC but someone else and not even remotely related to what HRC's email controversy was about.
He did not. He told in the Congress that if he finds anymore info, he will let them know immediately.

He found these mails several weeks ago but waited till now.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I think they were after HumAbedin all along.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

UlanBatori wrote:I think they were after HumAbedin all along.
getting to the parasite often involves getting the host also, no?? :twisted:

hillary should be taken down, any which way.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Think of it: Hubby stores pics of his weanie to send to chicks; Bibi stores emails stolen from State Dept. servers to send to AbBakkar Bagdaddy. SAME COMPUTER. Each didn't worry that the other would see these? Do you find this story credible? If not, the explanation is far, far more sinister. They were in the info trading bijnej together. Wonder whether the Bank of Geneva / Mauritius has coughed up the account numbers.
As someone asked, why isn't the IRS after these ppl? They harassed poor Al Capone!
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Wait for few more Days gurus. There are more to come like that. I am sure of it. US leaders used to call other democracies as imperfect. Now let us see where all this lead to.

I do not think they are after Huma. Huma may be an easy target. Muslim, pervert husband supported by her, Part in the loot of HC and BC. What more is needed? But the basic aim is HC. No doubt. I wonder what changed in the last few days. Why there are so many attacks on her. Did someone in the Deep State get p&&sed of with HC and BC? Did DT made his peace with Deep State and joined them?
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Yagnasri wrote:Wait for few more Days gurus. There are more to come like that. I am sure of it. US leaders used to call other democracies as imperfect. Now let us see where all this lead to.

I do not think they are after Huma. Huma may be an easy target. Muslim, pervert husband supported by her, Part in the loot of HC and BC. What more is needed? But the basic aim is HC. No doubt. I wonder what changed in the last few days. Why there are so many attacks on her. Did someone in the Deep State get p&&sed of with HC and BC? Did DT made his peace with Deep State and joined them?
Thats indeed a joke, US pointing to the imperfections in other democracies given the 2-year old election circus going on here.

Don't want dwell too much on the election shenanigans unless there is some impact on India, but it seems to me this Comey's mischief is more to cover his back side that he let HC off easily the first time around, and second, the right wing put enormous pressure on him given the momentum dems had in capturing lead in both houses. But make no mistake, he was slimy in the way he went about it, planting a doubt without too many details. If I were HC, I would be livid with this dude. Now sure just yet what impact his mischeif will have.

Nat Silver's model is already Trending upwards for Trump. As per NS's model, Trump's odds of winning is now 22% to Hillary's 78%, up from 10% just a few days ago. The NYT's upshot model still puts HC as the overwhelming favorite with 91% odds. The impact of Comey's mischief will be known around mid week or so.

Whatever may be the case, HC will be better off throwing that half Paki out of sight. Her presence gives rise to all kinds of conspiracy theories which will be peddled by Trump zombies.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10 ... s-11-poin/

650 K emails? There will be all kinds of things will be there as food for a lot of people. Entertainment for at least next few years.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

The beauty of the situ would be for Shrillary to win but immediately afterwards be arrested by the FBI for fraud,perversion of justice,concealment of info,perjury,endangering national security,etc.,etc.! However,whatever the Democrat "Donkeys" bray about,Shrillary C is tainted goods.Plus dear hubby Bill,has desecrated the sacred White House with his sexual shennanigans when he was Pres. and a return to the White (wh*re) House to pick up on his naughty,naughty ways would be catastrophic. Trump is catching up but is this latest expose too little and too late? WE vneed more hard facts to emrge to bury Shrillary once and for all.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 87831.html
Latest polls show Trump closing in on Clinton amid fall-out from FBI emails bombshell
Capturing Florida would give Trump a viable, if narrow, path to final victory

David Usborne New York
Donald Trump addresses supporters in Las Vegas on Sunday AP
There are signs that the race for the White House is tightening amid continuing fall-out from the 11th-hour announcement by FBI director James Comey that he was assessing new emails potentially related to the use of a private email server by Hillary Clinton while Secretary of State.

Most notable were two new polls showing that her Republican rival, Donald Trump, may be finding a way back into the contest by becoming newly competitive in Florida, a key state with a large trove of Electoral College votes, without which he would have no plausible path to victory.

The gun shop that is bracing for things to go ‘crazy’ if Clinton wins
Additionally, a new Washington Post/ABC poll showed Ms Clinton leading Mr Trump by a perilously close two points nationally in a four-way race including Green Jill Stein and Libertarian Gary Johnson at 47 per cent versus 45 per cent, which is inside the margin of error. The same poll had Ms Clinton enjoying a huge 12-point lead just six days earlier.

But it is the movement in his favour in Florida that will particularly encourage Camp Trump. A New York Times Upshot/Siena poll released on Sunday had the GOP nominee up four points in Florida in a four-way race, 46 percent to 42 percent. While Ms Clinton has various ways to reach the 270 Electoral College votes necessary to clinch final victory even without Florida, that is almost certainly not the case for Mr Trump. He has to win it.

Hillary Clinton attacks FBI handling of email review
All the new polls were conducted before Friday when Mr Comey dropped his new emails bomb, the precise impact of which remains uncertain. However, the anxiety it has created in Ms Clinton’s circle is tangible as one after another of her allies called on Mr Comey to clear up the confusion over what the new emails may or may not contain.

Their existence came to light in a brief letter sent by Mr Comey on Friday to leading members of Congress. It was extremely scant on detail, saying nothing beyond the fact that they may be “pertinent” to the investigation into her email server which the FBI formally concluded in July.

While it is now known that the new emails were found in devices shared by Huma Abedin, one of Ms Clinton’s closest aides, and her husband, from whom she is estranged, Anthony Weiner, there has been nothing more from Mr Comey on why they may be of interest. It even appears that many may be duplicates of emails the FBI has already analysed.

"We never thought we were going to say thank you to Anthony Weiner," Mr Trump declared at a rally in Las Vegas on Sunday, virtually taunting the Clinton campaign on the issue. "Corruption is corrosive to the soul of a Democracy, and it must be stopped. We have one ultimate check on Hillary’s corruption, and that is the power of voting. The only way to beat the corruption is to show up and vote by the tens of millions, including millions of people voting for the first time in their entire lives."

Adding to Democrat frustration has been confirmation that before he sent the letter, Mr Comey was strenuously advised to desist by the Justice Department which argued it would violate long-existing groundrules about not doing anything close to an election that could change its course.

It seems that Mr Comey may not even have seen the emails in question. In a subsequent email message to FBI employers on Friday, he said, “we don’t know the significance of this newly discovered collection of emails”. Meanwhile, if he does decide to re-open his investigation, any new findings may not emerge until after election day.

“As far as we know now, Director Comey knows nothing about the content of these emails. We don't know whether they're to or from Hillary at all,” Tim Kaine, her running mate, said on Sunday. He added that if Mr Comey “hasn't seen the emails, I mean they need to make that completely plain. Then they should work to see the emails and release the circumstances of those once they have done that analysis.”

Ms Clinton's campaign chairman, John Podesta, said the director’s handling of the matter was “inappropriate”. He also urged Mr Comey to be more transparent because the disclosure came “in the middle of the presidential campaign so close to the voting”.

Late on Saturday, meanwhile, a group of four Democratic senators – Patrick Leahy of Vermont, Dianne Feinstein of California, Thomas Carper of Delaware and Benjamin Cardin of Maryland – wrote to Mr Comey and Attorney General Loretta Lynch demanding a full explanation of the FBI’s actions by Monday at the latest.

“We request you provide us with more detailed information about the investigative steps being taken, the number of emails involved, and what is being done to determine how many of the emails are duplicative of those already reviewed by the FBI,” they wrote.

The first sign of Mr Trump closing the gap with his Democratic rival in the Sunshine State came in the middle of last week, when a Bloomberg News poll gave him his first lead there for several weeks. Sunday also saw the release of an NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Marist poll that had them essentially tied in Florida with Ms Clinton at 45 per cent and Mr Trump at 44 per cent.

Ms Clinton was in Miami this weekend. On Saturday night she joined Jennifer Lopez on stage at a concert held in support of her campaign and on Sunday she visited a Miami restaurant to urge Democrats to vote early. As patrons ate Sunday brunch, she said she wanted to get them “fuelled up” to head directly to early voting stations and cast their ballots.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

It is entirely possible that steganographic encryption may have been involved... with the pictures of Weiner's dick sent to all and sundry having a few recipients both "appreciating" the picture and it's encrypted contents. It does not have to be direct, in other words, he sent it out to an underaged girl, but once it came out into the public domain - who knows who could have seen it. Time to run all the photos in his now flabby drive through a decryption survey.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

JE Menon wrote:It is entirely possible that steganographic encryption may have been involved... with the pictures of Weiner's dick sent to all and sundry having a few recipients both "appreciating" the picture and it's encrypted contents. It does not have to be direct, in other words, he sent it out to an underaged girl, but once it came out into the public domain - who knows who could have seen it. Time to run all the photos in his now flabby drive through a decryption survey.
something to be said for bill baba.

He never posted or emailed photos of the family jewels to all and sundry.

He simply kept going like an out of control jack hammer and apparently still does, per reports.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

At the end of the day it is up to our National Leadership to do the necessary cojone squeezing to get the US to fall in line whatever the electoral outcome of the US Presidential election be. An early and preemptive shot across the bows whether it be Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump is the order of the day.

Much water has flowed down the Jamuna and Potomac and there is no need for a repeat of the 1990’s provided India is assertive:
CLINTON’S WAR ON INDIA: INDIANS TOO HAVE A LONG MEMORY

By A K Swamy - October 6, 2016.

BILL AND HILLARY CLINTON HAVE TWENTY FIVE YEARS OF HOSTILITY TOWARDS INDIA.

1991: Arkansas Gov and prez candidate Bill Clinton delivers foreign policy speech to interfere in “separatist efforts” in India & Yugoslavia..
1992: Bill Clinton promises during his prez campaign that he will use Super 301, a law designed to impose trade sanctions impacting India.
1992: US Trade Representative Carla Hills who turns out to be a Hillary Clinton supporter imposes trade sanctions on India under Super 301.
1992: Joe Biden Amendment blocks sale of Russian Cryogenic engines to India.
1993: Bill Clinton blocks sale of Cray Supercomputers to India.
1993-94: Bill Clinton does not bother to appoint ambassador to India for more than a year in order to insult India.
1994: Clinton’s close friend and Assistant Secretary of State Robin Raphel says Kashmir should not be part of India.
1994: Bill Clinton supports Pakistan on Kashmir and accuses India of human rights violations.
1994: Bill Clinton admin declares Indian clothes fire hazard hurting Indian textile sector & destroying livelihoods of millions of families.
1994: Bill Clinton targets Indian pharmaceutical industry for destruction by foisting TRIPS provisions as part of WTO.
1994: Bill Clinton administration offers F-16 planes to Pakistan and Robin Raphel announces offer from Delhi.
1995: Bill Clinton Appointee declares Indian scarves flammable and orders recall hurting Indian textile industry.
1995: Bill Clinton administration foists bad Enron deal on India and forces Indian government to provide guarantees.
1996: Bill Clinton sets up ‘Advisory committee on Religious Freedom Abroad’ with and this Committee recommends creation of hate group USCIRF.
1997: Bill Clinton’s Asst Secy of State Robin Raphel announces their policy of opposing Russian collabrtn with India for electricity generation.
1998: Bill Clinton imposes sanctions on India.
1998: Bill Clinton preaches to India on nuclear tests and simultaneously announces MFN status for China.
1998: Bill Clinton’s Secretary of State Madeleine Albright spews vitriol on India and calls India’s actions “felony against the future.”
1999: Bill Clinton tries to impose stringent labor standards on India tht would destroy Indian biz & eliminate competition for their cronies.
2000: Clinton admin organizes hearing on “human rights violations” based on fabrications about violations of religious freedom in India.
2001: Hillary Clinton does not oppose Senate vote to remove sanctions on Pakistan.
2001: USCIRF stereotypes Hindus as “serious violators of religious freedom” & demands that US govt ensure conversions be permitted in India.
2002: USCIRF, a hate group and a creation of Bill Clinton administration, attacks India and Hindus and uses terms like “communal violence” while blaming Hindus; it simultaneously praises Musharaff for curbing “violence in the name of religion” in Pakistan.
2003: Democrat Tom Daschle appoints anti-Hindu zealot Preeta Bansal to USCIRF, which is cheered by anti-Hindu Christian activists.
2004: Hillary Clinton exhibits bigotry and claims Mahatma Gandhi ran a gas station in St. Louis
2005: Hillary Clinton causes outrage by calling for India to give up nuclear program and reconcile itself to non-proliferation treaty.
2005: Bill Clinton calls for giving aid money to terror group LTTE.
2006: Hillary Clinton who is part of Senate India Caucus stabs India in back & votes YEA on ‘killer amendment’ to Indo-US Nuclear deal bill. This killer amendment is intended to kill the deal and set back Indo-US relations by 30 years.
2007: Hillary Clinton booed when she defends Musharaff and attacks Obama for saying he would attack Pakistan and take out Osama bin Laden.
2007: Hillary Clinton’s fundraiser is organizer of LTTE Heroes Day which celebrates terrorists
2008: Hillary Clinton once again attacks Obama for promising to act against Pakistan for supporting terrorists.
2009: Hillary Clinton releases report of anti-Hindu USCIRF by a Committee consisting of Christians, Muslims and others but not Hindus.
2009: Hillary Clinton backs talks with Taliban.
2009-2012: Hillary Clinton carries on a get-Modi campaign against Narendra Modi.
2012: Hillary Clinton declares ‘religious freedom,’ a euphemism for Christian proselytism (primarily in India), a foreign policy imperative.
2013: Clinton Global Initiative partners with anti-Hindu evangelical Christian group World Vision.
2014: Bill Clinton friend and former Assistant Secretary of State Robin Raphel investigated by FBI for spying for Pakistan.
2015: Huma Abedin, member of Hillary’s 2016 prez campaign is d/o Paki mother. Her father worked for islamist in Saudi with ties to Al Qaeda.
2015: Hillary Clinton’s running mate, Christian missionary and India-baiter Tim Kaine admits Pakistan has connections to terror group LeT but praises Pakistan for fighting terrorists and advises India to have a better relationship with Pakistan.
2016: Clinton Foundation donor linked to Pakistani arrested for corruption and harboring terrorists.
2016: Hillary Clinton picks Christian missionary, Hindu-baiter and India hater Tim Kaine as VP running
From here:

Clicky
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

^^^^ Arun, just recently that moron Trump said he will mediate between India and TSP without uttering a word on TSP terror. I mean Hillary or Trump, us SDREs can only do bean counting regarding US support in our fight against TSP barbarians, little here, a little there etc. On balance, a strong nationalist leadership in India under ModiJi unlike Congoon pseudo secularist traitors, and a seasoned Hillary in US who can tell it to TSP like it is, her equal equal and woman's rights lectures and other BS notwithstanding; will be the best for India. Trump clown on the other hand will be a complete disaster. First off, he will go pretty hard on Indian IT companies. And on TSP, he will blindly follow what CIA/Pentagon tell him, meaning more equal equal. Recall the squalid days of Al Quailin Paveel.

But on who will be elected, I won't discount Trump just yet despite NYT upshot model remaining steady at 90% odds in favor Clinton. Nate Silver's model shows a somewhat more conservative prediction 75% in favor of HRC. My own opinion is that there is a wild card here. As per the conventional wisdom, Trump has no support among suburban college-educated whites because they are supposedly turned off by Trump's anti-minority demagoguery. This is a huge constituency. Knowing US in and out, I say this is a highly pompous and self righteous assertion. I won't be surprised if there is a version of the famous Bradley effect in play: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_effect; namely, a lot of suburban whites out of political correctness tell pollsters all the moralistic mumbo jumbo about their concerns about Trump, but scratch the surface, and his white nationalism captures their hearts and minds. So come election day, this latent pro-Trump vote could tilt the scales in his favor. But then again, HRC scores huge among minorities and life-long white democrats, so she could still edge him out. But its telling how such a fascist as Trump is so close to winning. Next time, US elites pontificate on "religious freedom" or "Daaleets are suppressed by those evil Brahmins in India" crap, they could do well to introspect, but I doubt it.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

CRamS wrote:^^^^ Arun, just recently that moron Trump said he will mediate between India and TSP without uttering a word on TSP terror. I mean Hillary or Trump, us SDREs can only do bean counting regarding US support in our fight against TSP barbarians, little here, a little there etc. On balance, a strong nationalist leadership in India under ModiJi unlike Congoon pseudo secularist traitors, and a seasoned Hillary in US who can tell it to TSP like it is, her equal equal and woman's rights lectures and other BS notwithstanding; will be the best for India. Trump clown on the other hand will be a complete disaster. First off, he will go pretty hard on Indian IT companies. And on TSP, he will blindly follow what CIA/Pentagon tell him, meaning more equal equal. Recall the squalid days of Al Quailin Paveel.

But on who will be elected, I won't discount Trump just yet despite NYT upshot model remaining steady at 90% odds in favor Clinton. Nate Silver's model shows a somewhat more conservative prediction 75% in favor of HRC. My own opinion is that there is a wild card here. As per the conventional wisdom, Trump has no support among suburban college-educated whites because they are supposedly turned off by Trump's anti-minority demagoguery. This is a huge constituency. Knowing US in and out, I say this is a highly pompous and self righteous assertion. I won't be surprised if there is a version of the famous Bradley effect in play: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_effect; namely, a lot of suburban whites out of political correctness tell pollsters all the moralistic mumbo jumbo about their concerns about Trump, but scratch the surface, and his white nationalism captures their hearts and minds. So come election day, this latent pro-Trump vote could tilt the scales in his favor. But then again, HRC scores huge among minorities and life-long white democrats, so she could still edge him out. But its telling how such a fascist as Trump is so close to winning. Next time, US elites pontificate on "religious freedom" or "Daaleets are suppressed by those evil Brahmins in India" crap, they could do well to introspect, but I doubt it.

the amerkis are a pale shadow of what they once were. No one cares for them, why should we??

We have never taken any money from them but it's they who want us err our Armed forces, for their own selfish reasons.

We should keep our powder dry and string them along. listen to the shit they talk through one ear and out through the other. Our supreme national interest should always prevail under any and every circumstance. and finally, KEEP THEIR CANCEROUS NGOs OUT OF INDIA.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

If HC wins a lot of courts, congressional hearings drama. If DT wins all other kinds of drama. As far as we are concerned, keep out gun powder dry and prepared to take on whatever dying US power going throw on us.

Huma getting hurt now is good because she may not play a major role if HC win.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

the amerkis are a pale shadow of what they once were. No one cares for them, why should we??
++

BUT, that is true of many others too: Russia, EU, Aussies, etc. China too is relatively sliding.

Which is why India NEEDS to take teh lead. Gradually, nonetheless must take teh lead.

On why the US? Investments and techs. Cannot beat the US in either. And India is starving of both.

Like I have said often, the problem with India is India. Here is an opportunity that wil not come often. Set aside all the time invested in analysis, etc and get to work. Without fear.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

My apologies if this has already been posted in other dhaagas...

Why America Needs India's Rockets (Source: Bloomberg)
Like other big contractors, American space companies have long expected some friendly support from their government. And Uncle Sam has usually been more than happy to help. Sometimes, though, government help causes more harm than good.

Since 2005, U.S. satellite manufacturers have been prohibited from hiring India's space agency to launch their equipment. Private American launch companies, such as SpaceX, are quite happy with this arrangement, which was intended to protect them. But the ban is not only wrong in principle -- it's actually impeding an exciting new American industry.

Last month, under pressure from satellite operators and manufacturers, U.S. trade officials began reviewing the decade-old policy. They should heed the pressure and overturn it.

Emerging India may seem like an unlikely competitor for Silicon Valley rocket companies. Yet since 1969, the Indian Space Research Organization has consistently punched above its modest weight class, racking up a series of cheap and practical achievements. One of its most important feats was the development of the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, which was designed to carry satellites for monitoring agriculture and water resources, among other things. What made the PLSV unique was that it was designed to launch small satellites. And that's a good niche to occupy at the moment.

Over the past few years, the small-satellite market has boomed as advances in miniaturization made space accessible to governments and companies that might never have considered it. The uses for such gear seem almost limitless, from shoebox-sized climate-monitoring devices to Samsung's plan to use thousands of micro-satellites to provide global internet access. Some $2.5 billion has been invested in the industry over the past decade.

But getting all those satellites into space is now proving to be a problem, and U.S. policy is partly to blame.

In the 1980s, Ronald Reagan's administration sought to protect nascent private launch companies from subsidized foreign competition by setting up Commercial Space Launch Agreements. The idea was simple: In exchange for the chance to put U.S. satellites into space, foreign governments agreed to launch quotas and set fees. Both China and Russia signed such agreements. In 2005, India was asked to do the same. While the U.S. waited for an answer (it was and continues to be "no"), it imposed an export moratorium on satellites for Indian launch. (Thank You!!)

The timing was no accident. In 2005, SpaceX was building its Falcon 1 rocket, which was designed to carry small satellites. The ban even came to be known as the "SpaceX Agreement." Problematically, though, the Falcon 1 had only one commercial launch before it was retired in 2009. At the time, the small satellite boom hadn't yet taken off, and SpaceX didn't believe there was a commercial justification for the rocket. (It's now scrambling to correct that mistake.)

Since then, no other U.S. company has offered a rocket for small satellite launches (though some are reportedly in the works), even as demand has surged. That leaves American satellite companies with few options. The U.S. Trade Representative has handed out occasional waivers from the moratorium. And a European government consortium now offers its own small satellite launch vehicle, for a hefty fee. But a far cheaper and more reliable option -- going to India -- remains off the table.

That's only hurting American companies, while sending the wrong message to India. Civilian space cooperation would benefit the economies of both countries, and restraining it to protect American companies -- which have had 10 years to come up with a competitive product -- can't be justified from a business or diplomatic standpoint. If the U.S. government wants to help its space companies shoot for the stars, it should stop shooting itself in the foot.
vishnua
BRFite

Post by vishnua »

As per the conventional wisdom, Trump has no support among suburban college-educated whites because they are supposedly turned off by Trump's anti-minority demagoguery. This is a huge constituency. Knowing US in and out, I say this is a highly pompous and self righteous assertion
I think this is would be big surprise this election and also I am willing to bet that this conventional wisdom will get a big surprise this election.

Apart from die hard dems, this vote base who are above 40 could be voting in drones to Trump. All you need 4% to 5 % switch or lean towards Trump.

They loathe HRC for valid reasons and also there is belief in the system that Trump can be checked
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

^^^This is what I've been saying all along. There are 3-4% of the electorate which are quiet Trumpanzees - again based on my anecdotal evidence of traveling to a couple of states in the west and 3-4 states east of the Mississippi river over the last year or so. The states that are within the margin of error in polling may very well go to Trump.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

vishnua wrote:
As per the conventional wisdom, Trump has no support among suburban college-educated whites because they are supposedly turned off by Trump's anti-minority demagoguery. This is a huge constituency. Knowing US in and out, I say this is a highly pompous and self righteous assertion
I think this is would be big surprise this election and also I am willing to bet that this conventional wisdom will get a big surprise this election.

Apart from die hard dems, this vote base who are above 40 could be voting in drones to Trump. All you need 4% to 5 % switch or lean towards Trump.

They loathe HRC for valid reasons and also there is belief in the system that Trump can be checked
A lot of liberals absolutely loathe Hillary especially Bernie supporters after the way he was fraudulently shunted out by the DNC. Many of them will settle for Hillary as the supposed lesser of two evils, but a minority might vote for Trump due to their anger and a significant number might vote Green/Libertarian or desist from voting, which all suits Trump.
Y. Kanan
BRFite

Post by Y. Kanan »

Hitesh wrote:FBI Directory Comey did a really slimey and disgusting thing by posting the email to Congress. He knew very well that it would become the leading headline. He was trying to influence the election in such a blatant and flagrant manner. He needs to be shown the door and kicked out. I hope Obama will fire him.
Comey had to announce the new email revelations to Congress first, otherwise Hillary's misdeeds would simply have been buried by the US mainstream media like all the previous bombshells and Wikileaks releases. The US media has been engaging in a full-scale news blackout of HC's corruption from the start. All Americans hear is Trump's a racist and he he gropes women. Do Americans know Hillary gets paid $140,000USD per month by Saudi? That her State Dept arms Islamic terrorists? We hear more about HC's dirt in our own media than Americans do. They get a very whitewashed version of Hillary from CNN, MSNBC, etc and only 100% negative coverage on Trump.

I've never seen such one-sided coverage from our our own media. Despite our media's secular/leftist leanings they're still far more impartial than US mainstream news. Personally, I'm thankful for that. We complain about our DDM but it could be much, much worse.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

I've never seen such one-sided coverage from our our own media. Despite our media's secular/leftist leanings they're still far more impartial than US mainstream news. Personally, I'm thankful for that. We complain about our DDM but it could be much, much worse.
Was thinking the same thing today when i read your post ( and thought i must have typed it by mistake :eek: :eek: )

I cannot imagine the kind of one-sided narrative ongoing and the demonisation of Trump seems to completely pale down whatever Modi had to face in India. He seems to be facing 10x the fury compared to what Modi had to face from our DDM in pre-2014 days.
Atleast there was the SM vanguard fighting back with a alternative view in India's case but seems to be zilch in Amirkhan space.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

FBI releases documents from 2001 investigation into Bill Clinton pardoning late tax evader Marc Rich
The 129 pages, heavily redacted, were released as a result of a freedom of information request just one week before the election
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 92231.html

How the Clinton's "Rich" pals got pardoned for their sins!
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obitu ... 79454.html
Marc Rich: Businessman who was named on the FBI’s ‘Most Wanted Fugitive’ list
He arranged 78 shipments of oil to the apartheid regime of South Africa, breaking the UN embargo

Nicholas Faith Saturday 29 June 2013
Rich with his wife Denise; though they were divorced, she petitioned Bill Clinton on his behalf REUTERS
Marc Rich was one of the world’s most influential commodity traders, a veritable godfather of the business, whose former colleagues now run two of the world’s largest trading firms, Glencore and Trafigura. His business philosophy – he once told an interviewer “you can’t run a business on sympathies otherwise you’d be hampered” – was worthy of a villain in the works of Ian Fleming or Eric Ambler.

He specialised in dealing with outcast countries, selling oil to everyone from Pinochet and the Sandinistas in Nicaragua to apartheid-era South Africa, ensuring that for years his name appeared on the FBI’s Most Wanted Fugitives list. Yet he was pardoned by President Clinton just before he left the White House and died, untouched by the law, in the Villa Rosa, a huge, cream-coloured mansion overlooking Lake Lucerne.

He was born Marcell Reich in Antwerp in 1934. In the early 1940s, like thousands of other Jews, the family fled to America to escape the Nazis, settling in Kansas City, where they opened a jewellery store. From the beginning, Rich was different. His preferred languages were French, German and Yiddish, and at school he aimed to attract as little attention as possible. People who worked with him said that before making any decision he always weighed the risks carefully and that his obsession with secrecy knew no bounds – “Marc gave paranoia a bad name,” said one business associate.

Rich’s career as a deal-maker began in 1954 when he joined Phibro, then the world’s largest raw-materials trading company. From the start he stood apart, if only because of the risks he was prepared to take. By 1966 he was successful enough to marry Denise Joy Eisenberg, a beautiful brunette whose parents, like his, had fled the Nazis. Her father, Emil, was one of the largest shoe manufacturers in the US.

Rich’s big opportunity came in 1973 with rumours that Opec was about to impose an oil embargo. Rich and a colleague, Pincus Green, bought $150m worth of crude oil at $5 above the going rate – the “spot rate”. In the late 1960s he had taken on the so-called “Seven Sisters”, the companies that controlled the world’s oil business and thus invented the spot market for oil. When news of the scale of the deal reached head office, Phillipp Brothers’ board panicked and forced Rich to sell.

But he had been right, and a few months later, when the oil price soared, the board gave Rich a freer hand. A year later when the board refused to pay them the bonuses they thought they were due, he and Green left and set up their own business in Zug, a Swiss canton known for its corporate secrecy and low tax rates, at 10 per cent a mere quarter of that in the US.

The 1970s were good for Rich as he expanded the previously undeveloped oil trade. Exploiting his contacts with the Shah’s courtiers he bought Iranian oil for $15 a barrel and then sold it at far above that figure. By 1976 his pre-tax profits were $367 million. He built what was named “the Dallas building” – a glass tower block in Zug – to house his oil and commodities trading operation, making him appear to Zugites like their very own JR Ewing.

Rich saw no reason to stop dealing with Iran when Ayatollah Khomeni replaced the Shah. But clients like him, Pinochet’s Chile and Ceausescu’s Romania were just the tip of the iceberg. Between 1979 and 1988 he also arranged 78 secret shipments of oil to South Africa, in an obvious breach of the UN embargo against the apartheid regime, disguising the deliveries by filing false shipping reports. By then he was dealing on an awesome scale. In the early 1980s he cornered 40 per cent of the world aluminium market and then, seemingly by accident, the world silver market, too; he bought a 50 per cent share in 20th Century Fox as a tax write-off and managed to keep it secret for six whole months, selling it at a profit to Rupert Murdoch.

According to the 1983 US indictment he illegally bought millions of barrels of oil from Iran during the US hostage crisis in 1979-80 in contravention of the US ban on trading with the enemy. In 1984 he settled wrote the government a cheque for $170m to compensate for tax violations and contempt of court for refusing to surrender subpoenaed documents.

But he was still guilty of trading with the enemy, and he and Denise still could not leave Switzerland without fear of arrest except to go to Spain, where Rich had a villa in Marbella, and Israel, countries in which Rich had taken out citizenship. He had endeared himself to the Swiss through his charitable foundations, donating money to the Zurich opera house, Lucerne’s culture centre and Zug’s modern art museum, and sponsoring the local ice hockey team.

By then the stories – not necessarily accurate – had accumulated: how en route from Switzerland to Finland he had to order his jet to reverse course at 20,000ft to avoid being arrested by the FBI at Helsinki airport; the tunnel he built between the “Dallas building” and the Glashof restaurant opposite so he could slip out to lunch without fear of assassination; or the time he was allegedly held hostage in Azerbaijan while his captors considered whether to sell him to the Russians (who were allegedly fed up with him for getting hold of their reserves of gold and other precious metals); or the rumours that he had slipped in and out of Britain and the US many times under false passports.

In 1996 he and Denise had gone through a bitter divorce but four years later Denise wrote to President Clinton in support of her husband’s application for the controversial presidential pardon he granted Rich on his last day in office despite the misgivings of law enforcement officials. They had barely exchanged a civil word in five years, but as she told one interviewer, “All I thought at the time was, ‘OK, he’s the father of my children, and if that’s what they’ve asked me to do, I’ll do it’.” Probably more relevant were the efforts of Jack Quinn, a former White House counsel, and other senior officials, and a deal with the Israelis, for whom he had found supplies of oil during a crisis in the mid-1970s.

Through a mysterious intermediary, a former Mossad agent, Avner Azulay, Rich managed to exert pressure on Clinton from prominent Israeli politicians including Ehud Barak and former prime minister Shimon Peres. But by then Rich was far less influential than he had been. In 1993 an ill-advised attempt to corner the world zinc market brought him apparently to the edge of bankruptcy, and he sold his business to associates, who renamed it Glencore. He then set up a smaller business which he sold, again to associates, in 2003, living for 10 years in retirement surrounded by a major art collection; he was particularly fond of the works of Picasso.

Marcell David Reich (Marc Rich), businessman: born Antwerp 18 December 1934; married Denise Joy Eisenberg (marriage dissolved); died 26 June 2013.

NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Bhai log, all US election related topics were supposed to be in the Understanding the US thread. Thx.

India's Strategic Win

About the MII F-16, but the title seems strange.