Terror Attack At Army Camp In Jammu And Kashmir's Uri

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Akshay Kapoor
Forum Moderator

Re: Terror Attack At Army Camp In Jammu And Kashmir's Uri

Post by Akshay Kapoor »

Bol Badri Vishal Lal ki jai
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

this lady Suman Sharma a pilot in IAF (former?) says she is the primary source, behind the news at POk, thrashing for the pakis administered
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

AllahuAkbar - Takbir !
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Anantha wrote:this lady Suman Sharma a pilot in IAF (former?) says she is the primary source, behind the news at POk, thrashing for the pakis administered
She is a journalist, who reports on defence.
She has been given these flying sorties on the back seat of twin seater aricraft by different aircraft manufacturers during the MMRCA contest, and on the MKI by IAF too, I think.
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

I guess we are talking about mohtarma, from @chindits. She is claiming to be the sole source for all these leaks.

I guess she has connection due to her father being in force, hence it's quite plausible that this whole news is accurate. Was she authorized to release it is a different matter.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Was curious, so tuned into something called Geo News of something...some local news is talking about
"Serious threat of Indian Surgical Strikes".. and what not..
They also presenting experts saying " Hindus wont dare" type assurance .. Fun is to look at this expert.. (Only 2 second clip worth your while to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3Yct9nEc7I
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

I think Shiv Aroor has tacitly agreed to the veracity of the news as well, although he questions whether it was right for the reporters to publish it.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

I think they are using plausible deniability now. If Pakis can do it so can we.
This is exactly what I meant when I said the rules of engagement has changed. And this is just the beginning.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

williams+1.

add to that Lion, sivab, a giant 56" with a razar sharp urmi and breaking open the chain link.

lutyens and peesexs are a dying entity under the proxied ages of undie gangs
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Amber G
Wrong link
dsreedhar
BRFite

Post by dsreedhar »

Good if the news of the Operation across LoC is true. Now this should not limit to one time but should become the norm to hit the terrorist training camps across LoC at will.
Akshay Kapoor
Forum Moderator

Post by Akshay Kapoor »

self deleted
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

AOA
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

So it really happened, then? Not just an early-morning "bang," which, when you wake up, you can't figure out whether it was a dream or a real explosion?

More than the Paw-kees, the Cheenis would have got the message. POK is turning into a Chinese backyard, and it takes guts to go in there and do an "up the ante" (feel free to substitute "ante" with another four letter word, which might also start with "a" and end with "e", if you want) to the Chinese.

India means business on Baluchistan.

P.S.: the other 4 letter word I was talking about was "ache," as in "up (increase) the pain (level)". :mrgreen:
shashankk
BRFite -Trainee

Post by shashankk »

https://twitter.com/NSA_AjitDoval

Is this guy real Ajit Doval ?
Last edited by shashankk on 22 Sep 2016 04:56, edited 1 time in total.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Shanmukh-ji was talking in the other thread about how there had been a continuous drumbeat of Bangladesh-related propaganda on All India Radio in the months leading up to the 1971 war, and wondering why there was no parallel effort to disseminate Baluchistan-related propaganda and ready the Indian people for intervention in a Baluch freedom struggle.

I submit that it may have begun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuNKrdcyowU

Brahmadagh Bugti, Ahmar Mustikhan, Mehran Marri on Times Now. Don't miss the opening insights from G Parthasarthy either.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Ajit Doval will never take to twitter to announce a raid !!!!
He is the NSA of a Nuclear weapons state onlee. Don't think he is the type

This twitter page, and there are a few others, are maintained by fans. It says so on there.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

@Rudradev-ji,
Excellent find. Thank you. Let us watch what the GoI does.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Heads should be rolling from Army HQ downwards.

Unforgivable and unacceptable. No lessons from pathankhot??
News18✔@CNNnews18

JUST IN | Definitely something went wrong, will correct our mistakes: Parrikar on #UriAttack (File Photo)

5:43 PM - 21 Sep 2016 · India,
dsreedhar
BRFite

Post by dsreedhar »

What went wrong?
krishna_krishna
BRFite

Post by krishna_krishna »

This is one of the reasons , b@st@rd shopkeeper befriended troops and gave them free sim cards, kept his shop open till 10:oo pm a day before. I have a question how come mango Abdul shopkeepers are allowed to sell army clothes ?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 454147.cms
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

this only comes as a surprise for those who have not lived in army camps..go to gopinath bazar in delhi and buy as much army style fabric, uniforms... all this is routine..there are hundreds of people coming and going from army camps. grass cutter, dhobi, tailor, shoemaker, doodhwala........
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Reading too much shit from Barkha, Sagarika Ghose, Rana Ayyub, Malini Parthasarathy and Sabah Naqvi - it moves me greatly to wake up and see this inspiring Tweet
https://twitter.com/Chopsyturvey/status ... 5877651456
Mr. Mahesh Bhai Savani industrialist from Surat, has taken the responsibility for 17 martyred soldier's kids complete education. Salute him
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

williams wrote:Folks from the grapevine, I am hearing that nothing will be announced moving forward. Rules of engagement has changed in the last 48 hours. So don't expect any public announcement. The only announcement you might get is from the other side.
It looks like then experts and former diplomats + military personnel will give the right information to the public via media. Over a period of time public will know what is happening. Sonia was just the head of NAC, but the entire country knew she controlled and ran the government. India will bitch slap Pakistan, neither Pakistan and Imdia will tell anyone, but everyone will now it's happening.

open secret.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

shiv wrote:Reading too much shit from Barkha, Sagarika Ghose, Rana Ayyub, Malini Parthasarathy and Sabah Naqvi - it moves me greatly to wake up and see this inspiring Tweet
https://twitter.com/Chopsyturvey/status ... 5877651456
Mr. Mahesh Bhai Savani industrialist from Surat, has taken the responsibility for 17 martyred soldier's kids complete education. Salute him
God bless him.
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

god bless him. Jai Hind.
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

I opened NDTV.com and DAWN.com side by side to check different perspective. Surprisingly both portals had almost similar tone and types of articles. Are both run by same people?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Sid wrote:I opened NDTV.com and DAWN.com side by side to check different perspective. Surprisingly both portals had almost similar tone and types of articles. Are both run by same people?
Coincidentally I had the same thought last night. I was switching news channels and I noticed that only NDTV was reporting what the Nawaz Sharif and the Chinese were saying along with the accusations they made about India. My first thought was that NDTV surely has some funding sources from Pakistan - or from some entity authorized by Pakistan to "innocuously" report such stuff
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

krishna_krishna wrote:This is one of the reasons , b@st@rd shopkeeper befriended troops and gave them free sim cards, kept his shop open till 10:oo pm a day before. I have a question how come mango Abdul shopkeepers are allowed to sell army clothes ?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 454147.cms
There seems to be an very high percentage of minority ownership of shops selling SIM cards, mobile phones and mobile phone repairing shops. I have seen this in many cities and towns. This may also be a nationwide pattern.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

I liked this headline: Praising a dead terrorist? FFS. (Nawaz Sharif praises Burhan Wani in United Nations Assembly)
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the STFUP thread.
sivab wrote:https://www.thequint.com/uri-attack/201 ... terrorists
Exclusive: Uri Avenged, Spl Forces Cross LoC; Kill 20 Terrorists

At least 20 terrorists have been neutralised in a daring cross-LoC operation by the Indian Army in response to the Uri attack.
Two units of the elite 2 Paras comprising 18-20 soldiers flew across the LoC in the Uri sector in military helicopters and reportedly carried out an operation that killed at least 20 suspected terrorists across three terror camps in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK).
Casualties suffered, including those injured by terrorists, could be as high as 200, sources said.

Military sources revealed to The Quint, which confirmed this information from two other independent sources, that the operation happened during the intervening hours of 20 September and 21 September.
:twisted: :mrgreen: 8)
deejay wrote:
sivab wrote:
Aviator Anil Chopra
@Chopsyturvey
Retd Air Marshal of Indian #AirForce, Test Pilot. Member Armed Forces Tribunal
Tweet deleted.
The established track record of our Prime Minister Narendra Modi and that of the political party he belongs to, the BJP, is to be very vocal in showing that they are robust in upholding matters of National Security and Defence. The on record “silence” of PM Modi and the BJP on the so called cross border raid into Pakistan Occupied Jammu & Kashmir is thus atypical. I will need a lot more convincing that news of this so called cross border raid is anything more than a low effort propaganda ploy to attempt to conjure up an image of robust resolve on the part of our PM and the party he belongs to, the BJP.

As much as I would like to believe that our country at long last has shown the resolve it must by launching cross border raids into POK to exterminate Islamic Republic of Pakistan State sponsored Mohammadden Terrorists, for now I am not biting on the news that she indeed has done just that. I will need a lot more convincing. Wait and watch, though I fear it may be a very long wait.
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

Not sure if this is the right thread for this news item from Dawn: air space over 'Northern Areas' (i.e. Skardu, Gilgit etc) closed to commercial aviation,

http://www.dawn.com/news/1285118/flight ... hern-areas
prasannasimha
Forum Moderator

Post by prasannasimha »

^ If you remember the Myanmar hot pursut it was also not announced directly but from "other sources"
prasannasimha
Forum Moderator

Post by prasannasimha »

^ just as a reminder this was what was being puted at that time

http://scroll.in/article/733376/if-indi ... mitting-so
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Wouldn't having civilian flights increase risk of collateral damage ? It would make India not to risk shooting down any aircraft. Pakis ,as quoted by a defense expert in TN channel said, will place civilians if required in any military or terrorist camps to deter any attack by India.
prasannasimha
Forum Moderator

Post by prasannasimha »

The problem is that their own fighters cannot fly at will. Also if India issues a No fly zone over their territory it would be a bigger slap on their face !!
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Recent item in TOI:
PM Modi's vow to avenge Uri won't remain just words: Manohar Parrikar
Indicating a hardening of resolve within the government, defence minister Manohar Parrikar said on Wednesday that PM Narendra Modi's promise to punish those behind the Uri attack would not remain words. "Sometimes I can have a knee jerk reaction too. But we are a responsible nation," he said.

Updated: Sep 22, 2016, 08.15 AM IST

How to punish, that is for us to work out," Parrikar said at an event
He admitted there were lapses at the Army camp at Uri
India would not be deterred by Pak brandishing N-weapons, he added

NEW DELHI: Indicating a hardening of resolve within the government, defence minister Manohar Parrikar+ said on Wednesday that PM Narendra Modi's promise+ to punish those behind the Uri terror attack+ would not remain words. "Sometimes I can have a knee jerk reaction too. But we are a responsible nation," he said.

India would not be deterred by Pakistan brandishing nuclear weapons+ , he added.

Parrikar's remarks came after a meeting of the cabinet committee on security, which was chaired by Modi and held after a slew of military assessments of options amid a strong consensus in the BJP leadership that the Uri outrage must not go unpunished.

"...I don't think the PM's initial words that `those responsible will be punished' will go as a mere statement. How to punish, that is for us to work out," Parrikar said at an event here. The defence minister admitted there were lapses at the Army camp at Uri. "Obviously, something must have been wrong. I believe in zero-error," he said, adding that the government would find out what went wrong in the camp's security that led to the death of 18 soldiers, many in the blaze that consumed the tents they were sleeping in.

Parrikar's comments and meetings of the CCS and the BJP core group point to intense deliberations in the government and party and indicate all options, indicating military ones, are open as it is being felt that inaction will only convince Pakistan that it can inflict deeper cuts in its proxy war against India. For a de-escalation, Pakistan would have to offer evidence of some serious and credible course corrections.

The government will not be averse to a diplomatic outcome if India's intent to use force results in some clear gains, but the BJP brass is also clear that there must a demonstrable result in light of public anger running deep. The Uri incident — a near repeat of the attack on the Pathankot air force base+ — is seen as a challenge to Modi's leadership as also BJP's campaign on nationalist issues after the JNU sedition case and recent "tiranga yatras".

In view of the challenges to the government and BJP, the mood in the ruling party has hardened and Parrikar's comments indicate that some measures are in the works, even if the timing is not certain. It is felt that there are options that stop short of all out hostilities and escalation of conflict is not necessarily inevitable.

The coming days will see India take on Pakistan at the United Nations. The BJP national council, scheduled to be held in Kerala over the weekend, will see Modi address a public rally on Saturday and this might be the first time that he speaks at length on the Uri attack and the role of Pakistan. The BJP meet is expected to adopt "tough" resolutions on terrorism and Pakistan.

Parrikar dismissed Pakistan's oft-repeated threat of being fully-prepared to use its 60-km Nasr missiles with subkiloton plutonium warheads as a counter to India's conventional military superiority. "Empty vessels (like Pakistan) makes bigger noise. This country (India) is a very responsible power, but that does not mean I will sleep over this kind of terrorism that is being pushed from across. How do I do it is entirely for the government under the PM to decide," he said. This comes after the Indian security establishment has provided the government with a variety of punitive but limited actions possible against Pakistan without actually going to war, which range from "surgical strikes" to "cross-border raids" by special forces or ghatak platoons of infantry battalions.

Parrikar also expressed concern over the serious security lapses that allowed the four terrorists to easily storm the Uri camp and kill as many as 18 Indian soldiers and injure over 20 others before they were gunned down on September 18.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Sri Kumar - Paki Urdu news was also saying that they were removing concrete road-blocks from nearby highways - no I am not making it up -- so that fighter planes can, if need be, land and take-off from roads !
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

SriKumar wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread for this news item from Dawn: air space over 'Northern Areas' (i.e. Skardu, Gilgit etc) closed to commercial aviation,

http://www.dawn.com/news/1285118/flight ... hern-areas
FlightAware/FlightTracker are showing Gulf to Peking and Gulf to Japan flights over Glgit/Karakoram as of 5 minutes ago
https://uk.flightaware.com/live/
Pathik
BRFite

Post by Pathik »

^^ What a humane gesture. God blesss this noble soul. My pranams _/\_