Terror Attack At Army Camp In Jammu And Kashmir's Uri

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
kapilrdave
BRFite

Re: Terror Attack At Army Camp In Jammu And Kashmir's Uri

Post by kapilrdave »

From here :D
durvasa wrote:Some unverified news - if true could be a completely different game Modi is willing to play ..

20 militants so far killed by 2/2 elite Para Commandos of Indian Army in PoK...strike inside PoK.
Army may not officially declare moving inside POK and call it infiltration bid in Uri. Inside reports say 3 POK militant camps targeted by Indian army where death toll of militants can rise to 200
durvasa
BRFite

Post by durvasa »

These numbers are from IFS sources, someone posted in our nice neighborhood but are not reliable as per himself. He heard this thru grapevine.
SajeevJino
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SajeevJino »

Bhakths are cheering up and down, in Social media, peoples claiming there is a Troop and Armour mobilization, and supporting their arguments by quoting Paki media's PA leave cancellation and Flight cancellation

PS: I too don;t have a idea what happening in the border, I believe there's no counter military reaction from our side, since our Army still no prepared to conduct a war, most o our FOB situated close to the Border and well within PA's mortar range.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

The terrorists must have run for heir lives from those camps. Most are just brought there in small groups from bigger camps around muzaffarabad and then supplied right before they are sent across.
Unless the PA supplies them with weapons & uses them to defend their positions.

In either case, the pakis are very poorly equipped, and with a sapped morale to withstand a ParaCdo assault.

But the worst infiltration occurs further north across the neelum valley and into the Kupwara sector. The area is radicalized with plenty of OGWs, has heavy forests.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

WRT Armour mobilization, the photo with the T-72s on a train, there is no guarantee that this is a photo that was taken yesterday. Could be from a routine movement earlier for some exercise.
Now, unless people have seen this movement themselves, then it is believable. Anyways, DDM will leak info about any such troop movement on their front page by now, if true.
SajeevJino
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SajeevJino »

what I feel was, cover the PoK with Air defense bubble, using the Akash and ultra modern Pechora systems, use the Phalcons and ELINT assets to continuously jam and feed false targets to PAF's radar, violate PoK using Su 30 MKI and use the Jaguar and Mirage for precision bombing .. I think for air raid more than 300 + sorties needed to annihilate Terror camps inside PoK.

All the SF operation might end up mess, since Helidrop and birder infiltration is not a good idea, since LoC had too many PA irregulars
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

You'll see such tank and equipment movement so often on highways and cantonment towns like Pathankot. No need to read too much in to it.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

SajeevJino wrote:what I feel was, cover the PoK with Air defense bubble, using the Akash and ultra modern Pechora systems, use the Phalcons and ELINT assets to continuously jam and feed false targets to PAF's radar, violate PoK using Su 30 MKI and use the Jaguar and Mirage for precision bombing .. I think for air raid more than 300 + sorties needed to annihilate Terror camps inside PoK.

All the SF operation might end up mess, since Helidrop and birder infiltration is not a good idea, since LoC had too many PA irregulars
India has 7 airbases in J&K.
In the past, the pakistanis have attacked Srinagar airport, but there were mostly half assed attempts: too few sorties, too few aircraft. It was all they could muster.
Their warfighting ability in an all out war is woefully inadequate. Then there is the question of stamina - people say 1-2 weeks is all they can do.

They are mainly a defensive army, that uses terrorists - not regular soldiers mostly to make inroads into India.

I hear they have moved a few fighters to Skardu - that place can hold about half-one dozen fighters. India will deploy about 70-100 much more advanced fighters backed by AWACS and Refuelers and a SAM bubble in J&K. If there is all out war, the first missile barrage will probably flatten skardu. That'll take care of their entire Siachen ops, their entire deosai plain ops.

That's why I said, these guys should not be in Skardu, they should be headed south towards Quetta, or stay in Kamra, far far away from the IAF.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

During Kargil, indian field and tube artillery was hitting the outskirts of Skardu. The IAF was not hitting them, there was no missile use.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Biggest reason is would have made MMS, Happy Singh.
Not good for Pappu's career.
So nothing was done.

Rest all kind of reasons were brought up.
If IA is ordered they will go with or without weapons.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Christopher Sidor wrote:^^^^
Is there any confirmation or is this all hot air?

Just hot air for you.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Yawn, all this about 200 paki casualties is bs and everyone knows it. 25-20 is reasonable but killing more than that and not even a whimper from the other side. gimme a break.
SajeevJino
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SajeevJino »

Gagan wrote: I hear they have moved a few fighters to Skardu - that place can hold about half-one dozen fighters. India will deploy about 70-100 much more advanced fighters backed by AWACS and Refuelers and a SAM bubble in J&K. If there is all out war, the first missile barrage will probably flatten skardu. That'll take care of their entire Siachen ops, their entire deosai plain ops.

That's why I said, these guys should not be in Skardu, they should be headed south towards Quetta, or stay in Kamra, far far away from the IAF.
atleast to show our will power, we have to strike some locations inside PoK,and few inside Paki mainland,
If IAF had the power to respond, why the govt didn't give the go call

One more, what incase if our Jets crashed or Shoot down by enemy, How's our Search and Rescue options,
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

SajeevJino wrote:Bhakths are cheering up and down, in Social media, peoples claiming there is a Troop and Armour mobilization, and supporting their arguments by quoting Paki media's PA leave cancellation and Flight cancellation

PS: I too don;t have a idea what happening in the border, I believe there's no counter military reaction from our side, since our Army still no prepared to conduct a war, most o our FOB situated close to the Border and well within PA's mortar range.
Read the guidelines. inform yourself. If you have no idea what is happening what make you decide that so called "bhakths" are jumping up and down for no reason? Please refrain from such chu***pan. Here at BR it not shameful to be patriot or to like a papular Prime Minister who was voted in by Indian public.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

The last time, they had moved like 4 bandars and a couple of C-130s to support them to skardu. They have only 4 hardened bunkers there.
I hear that in true pakistani spirit, they have named that bandar squadron "Suicide Bandars"
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Gagan wrote:The last time, they had moved like 4 bandars and a couple of C-130s to support them to skardu. They have only 4 hardened bunkers there.
I hear that in true pakistani spirit, they have named that bandar squadron "Suicide Bandars"
They should just strap Sonia to one missile pod and RaGa to another and rename it Gandhi ke Bandar.
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

https://www.thequint.com/uri-attack/201 ... terrorists
Exclusive: Uri Avenged, Spl Forces Cross LoC; Kill 20 Terrorists

At least 20 terrorists have been neutralised in a daring cross-LoC operation by the Indian Army in response to the Uri attack.
Two units of the elite 2 Paras comprising 18-20 soldiers flew across the LoC in the Uri sector in military helicopters and reportedly carried out an operation that killed at least 20 suspected terrorists across three terror camps in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK).
Casualties suffered, including those injured by terrorists, could be as high as 200, sources said.

Military sources revealed to The Quint, which confirmed this information from two other independent sources, that the operation happened during the intervening hours of 20 September and 21 September.
:twisted: :mrgreen: 8)
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

I could care less about those low level jihadis. I want PA regulars including officers.
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

Kolahoi ‏@PawanDurani 3m3 minutes ago
Kolahoi Retweeted Harini Calamur
I insist that news is correct and those killed were Pakistan regulars
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

Aviator Anil Chopra
‏@Chopsyturvey
Elite Para Commandos of Indian Army already in PoK. 3 militant camps targeted. PM @narendramodi was in MO Ops room till 2230 last night. Wow
Aviator Anil Chopra
@Chopsyturvey
Retd Air Marshal of Indian #AirForce, Test Pilot. Member Armed Forces Tribunal
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

Big issue is, who the hell is revealing how many of our troops are currently in POK?

Why the hell people are talking about an active operation.
Vamsee
BRFite

Post by Vamsee »

Sid wrote:Big issue is, who the hell is revealing how many of our troops are currently in POK?

Probably the operation is over and now slowly they will leak the news?
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

sivab wrote:
Aviator Anil Chopra
‏@Chopsyturvey
Elite Para Commandos of Indian Army already in PoK. 3 militant camps targeted. PM @narendramodi was in MO Ops room till 2230 last night. Wow
Aviator Anil Chopra
@Chopsyturvey
Retd Air Marshal of Indian #AirForce, Test Pilot. Member Armed Forces Tribunal
Tweet deleted.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

Vamsee wrote:
Sid wrote:Big issue is, who the hell is revealing how many of our troops are currently in POK?

What started first? Did they fire, was it an infiltration from their side? How did Para Cdos go in? Who was air dropping?

Sir, all speculation only. News is fog of war. That is all.
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

deejayji, Yes.
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

There is a reason why NDTV stopped following up on this engagement almost day ago indicating its still an active OP.

All these news pasand jernos may be doing more harm then good by revealing operational details which their Uncle's Uncle's son may have told them in person.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Vamsee wrote:

Such things are leaked if PMO and MoD wants them to be leaked. that is for AAM JANTA. They have to know that something is done.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

We need official confirmation and proof of dead Paki regulars. The Quint article is just tweets expanded,
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Christopher Sidor wrote:
Sid wrote:Their military is posturing just like they did after 2008. Its high time we call their bluff and give one tight slap.
Bluff has been called and BJP has been found wanting. The party with a majority in Lok Shaba has been found wanting.
Okay, now this is getting really annoying.

I am not replying to your post to me, as I will let you smell the coffee yourself or reflect or meditate on the happenings over the last 2+ years- whatever you deem fit. Or read all the BRF posts from 2014.
Last edited by SwamyG on 21 Sep 2016 23:18, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sid wrote:There is a reason why NDTV stopped following up on this engagement almost day ago indicating its still an active OP.

All these news pasand jernos may be doing more harm then good by revealing operational details which their Uncle's Uncle's son may have told them in person.
runditv is feeling the heat.

They covered the uri attack with a continuously running caption on the screen saying "Delayed video"

They were the ONLY channel to do so. :wink:
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

chetak wrote:
Sid wrote:There is a reason why NDTV stopped following up on this engagement almost day ago indicating its still an active OP.

runditv is feeling the heat.

They covered the uri attack with a continuously running caption on the screen saying "Delayed video"

They were the ONLY channel to do so. :wink:
Shishupala was given chances, but only 100. NDTV got more than it deserved; patience is bound to run out.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Gagan wrote:If the IA is in PoK, tanks and artillery are moving towards the IB and LOC, that means that the IN is prolly blockading Karachi & pakistani coast right now too.

Maybe the IN could take home a trophy from Karachi harbour
On TV some experts suggested to just blockage Pakistan, as India's navy is far superior to Pakistan.
Akshay Kapoor
Forum Moderator

Post by Akshay Kapoor »

I hope this is new is true. Thing about these camps is that most of them are makeshift...unless you are sure that Jihadi's are there at the moment you get very little. Element of surprise and a lot of firepower is crucial.

Apart from these deep srike and cross over actions I don't see any reason why local commanders cannot assault targets of opportunity...if there is an offensive posture consistently through out LOC then there will be ample opportunities to keep giving them bloody noses.

My own unit has done that more than once but our CO got censured for it. This was NDA 1 regime. Dont underestimate the 'Dont do anything' orders from MoD PMO. I know of cases where people have lost their careers doing basic stuff.

I also posted the incident of a new GOC (Div Cdr) asking his Mallu Arty Cdr to open up with everything he had for 3 mins. Not a peep from the Pakis.
Bheeshma
BRFite

Post by Bheeshma »

Doubt some ragtag jehadi camps will be targeted by SF. Most likely paki army camps in PoK. I hope they demolish the karakoram highway and pur an end to cpec nonsense.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Vamsee wrote:
FYI This from Paki Media (Quoting official reports/tweets wrt to Paki HC being called by India's FC etc):
==> Jaishankar reminded the High Commissioner of the “solemn commitment” made by Pakistan’s government earlier this year, to not allow the territory within its borders to be used for harbouring terrorist outfits.

“We demand that Pakistan lives up to its public commitment to refrain from supporting and sponsoring terrorism against India,[the terror attack in Uri only] underlines that the infrastructure of terrorism in Pakistan remains active. We demand that Pakistan live up to its public commitment to refrain from supporting and sponsoring terrorism against India.”

Starting with attack on the Pathankot airbase, it was claimed that 17 such attempts have been interdicted at or around the LoC, resulting in the elimination of 31 terrorists and preventing their intended acts of terrorism. “Foreign secretary also reminded him (Basit) that even as he spoke, two engagements at the LoC were ongoing,”

Interesting timing too ... No wonder NS was spending all the time (staying up late) talking with bad sharif...
Meanwhile Obama asked NS to buzz-off (no talk) even when he tried to buttonhole him... Kerry's office issued "clarification" *after* Paki newspaper misrepresented sharif talk that sharif talked about Kashmir with him.. (Kerry asked Pak to control his terrorists .. and mentioned violence at URI camp in Kashmir (:) ).... I have very rarely seen Kerry's office issuing "clarification" at the cost of Paki H&D..
prasannasimha
Forum Moderator

Post by prasannasimha »

Strong suspicion that the whole thing was over by the time this thing was leaked. Modi was in the War room till 22.30 last night so in effect the commandos had retreated after completing their mission by then. I think they are using plausible deniability now. If Pakis can do it so can we. Just have to say some of the Taliban may have attacked their camps now !! Or their munition dumps must have blown up. Strong reminder that its not eye for an eye but 10 for 1. The 200 must have been specifically been marked for a reason of the X factor. As they say revenge is best served cold. Now if they cry that they were attacked we can ask for evidence and say we reject that evidence. Two can play the same game and well as the Israelis do best.(As well as the Russians did in Chechnya - you don't hear a peep from them). If they wag their tail kardu or some other area can be occupied 100- 1000 meters for every infraction. Best if we get control of all the high points along the LOC as punitive measure and redraw the LOC.
prasannasimha
Forum Moderator

Post by prasannasimha »

^ Anyway it is called the Line of CONTROL and not an international boundary
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

Sumann Sharrma ‏@SumannSharrma 33m33 minutes ago
Companies of 2 and 9 Para Special Forces conducted ops
Sumann Sharrma ‏@SumannSharrma 23m23 minutes ago
This is just a small trailer , lots to follow . Could even be pre-mature Diwali !!
Sumann Sharrma ‏@SumannSharrma 7m7 minutes ago
Op is over. Air lifted back to parent location early morning without injury
---------------------------------------
Maj Gen SK Sinha ‏@SKSk785 1h1 hour ago
@TheSherni It is trailer main film is due :)

---------------------------------------

Aviator Anil Chopra ‏@Chopsyturvey 52m52 minutes ago
Sums up the situation. The sher has got up. Just wait and see