Bharat Rakshak - 20th Anniversary

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
sarang
BRFite

Re: Bharat Rakshak - 20th Anniversary

Post by sarang »

and
OMG I reached 100 on BRs 20th anniversary.

never imagined with the time I spend now-a-days.

still remember the old days.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

HBD BR. I Remember I spent years just looking up the defense news on BR main page not realizing there was BRF.
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

Happy Birthday BRF. I have spent 13 years on BRF and counting... Sincere thanks to all those who fund this endeavor and spend their time moderating these threads.
Last edited by Santosh on 01 Jul 2017 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

Rakesh wrote:Happy Birthday Bharat Rakshak! Twenty Years...WOW! I still remember the infacy days with Seetal Patel, Harshvardhan Vedak and Rupak Chattopadhyay in 1996/1997.
I met Harsh once as part of "SSC meet". :lol: Didn't realize he was part of BRF until he told me.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Mukhi wrote:Happy Birthday. I believe I have been part of the sideline viewer community for most of the 20 year. Not a day go by when I check few times a day.

Also attended two meets and remember meeting Anurag, Rahul and N Rao I think.

To all the Admins and Mods, Thanks for helping this child grow to an adulthood.
Mukhi, I've also attended meets where I met NRao and Anurag. We probably have met too, these meets were in the Musharraf era around 2002-03. I have a photo of all of us also. GeorgeJ also used to come. These were in Jaipur Palace. :D
During one of these meets, Seetal from Canada also had joined us.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Wishing everyone reading this a happy 20th anniversary of BRF raising!! May it continue strong, for eons more..
Mukhi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Mukhi »

KJo wrote:
Mukhi wrote:Happy Birthday. I believe I have been part of the sideline viewer community for most of the 20 year. Not a day go by when I check few times a day.

Also attended two meets and remember meeting Anurag, Rahul and N Rao I think.

To all the Admins and Mods, Thanks for helping this child grow to an adulthood.
Mukhi, I've also attended meets where I met NRao and Anurag. We probably have met too, these meets were in the Musharraf era around 2002-03. I have a photo of all of us also. GeorgeJ also used to come. These were in Jaipur Palace. :D
During one of these meets, Seetal from Canada also had joined us.

True. should have the meet this year if we can.
VKumar
BRFite

Post by VKumar »

Congratulations and wishing all members a long, healthy life.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

Rakshaks staying in Delhi area - Can we have a BR meet?
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

No Rakshaks in Mumbai area?
vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

Is there a London BR meet?
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

Anybody from Jersey city area? I work close by.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

20 years.How time has flown. I remember just before P-2 my posts that we should test again asap were repeatedly being erased.After the 4th or 5th time it happened I clued on.Someone was in the know of an impending event and was preventing any poss. leak.A few days later the "Big Bang" took place! After that the dam burst with zillions of posts from far and wide.BRF came of age and has never looked back.My only regret is that we never published a hard copy mag.We had the Monitor with some good articles.We had stalls at some Aero-India shows,Shiv came out with an excellent CD which I preserve and I arranged that memorable visit to the Bombay base visiting the warships -INS Delhi,the Viraat and a Kilo sub way back in 2000.We had a couple of excellent evenings along with Aero-India shows.One memorable dinner with Rakesh Sharma then a test pilot for the LCA,along with some of his colleagues,Shiv's cousin who was also a test pilot(?) ,AM Imamdar(?) the then CO of one of our IAF commands and at another "do" brought a v.distinguished CNS and friend,the
Late Adm. Stan Dawson ,the architect of the Karwar base.
Shiva was a v.kind host at one show, with an evening at his house.

In recent times we've not had that quality of fellowship and interaction with the services at the shows.Lets try and have a great bash at Goa early next yr. at the Defexpo,Naval and Land.Shiv,Kersi,are you guys listening? I know that the reg. scribes attached to the papers and mags will be there.There's enough time to plan something in advance.Any Goan members? They could help with logistics.There's just 3 months.Let's start planning fast.