Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 49797
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby ramana » 05 Dec 2016 03:37

Gus, So long as your angst was about Hilary losing its okay. And time to move on.
However you are baiting UB and are on watch. I urge you to apologize to UB or face the mace!

If I have to edit your post consider yourself ready for a vacation.
Baiting fellow members will not be acceptable.
Many members in past got walking paper.

Thanks,

ramana

Dipanker
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3021
Joined: 14 May 2002 11:31

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby Dipanker » 05 Dec 2016 03:58

Finally a victory of sorts for the Indians and something to cheer about!

Federal Officials to Explore Different Route for Dakota Pipeline

Dipanker
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3021
Joined: 14 May 2002 11:31

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby Dipanker » 05 Dec 2016 04:55

It’s “trickle-down” economics dressed in populist garb - Robert Reich

But it won’t work. As long Wall Street continues to push corporations to maximize shareholder returns, American workers will continue to lose good-paying jobs to foreign workers or to homegrown robots.

Trump’s Trickle-Down Populism

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9119
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby UlanBatori » 05 Dec 2016 05:16

India has gone to private groups and tolls for infra, big time. So has Florida - they don't have income tax but depend on tolls to keep up roads. It is a royal pain to drive in Florida because of this - you have to have a piggy bank with you at all times - but then again, the roads ARE nice.
Recently my 6th coujin thrice removed saw what happens with Federal boondoggles. The issue was to serve as reviewer for some scholarship applications - something one does all the time, mostly for "free" as part of a job. But here, it turns out, that they have a System and Process set up. You have to go to their website, log on for a Training video session to watch grass growing as a Panel of would-be-HiCs sitting around and pompously explaining how to press the return key on a computer. Then the whole mess wouldn't work (technical issues, we A-pall-a-Gize!). When one calls the tech support number one gets into a whole system set up just for that - remember, this is all to LEARN HOW to review a few 5-page writeups from yaks. When 6th coujin was running a scholarship program for the same Fed agints under a simple grant, this whole thing was done by downloading the bunch, setting up an Excel sheet and a scratchpad. This is an example of how DupleeCity wastes tax dollars, I bet that whole Review System cost the tax payer a cool $0.5 - not a penny of that going to needy students.

If the 'Zee manages to bring simplicity and efficiency by proper metrics (like what percentage of funds go to actual construction vs. middlemen) I say more power to him.
Reminds of the Bush-1 era NASA program called SLS (Space Launch System, IIRC. There was a whole conference to present what was called the Data Driven Decision Process (D3P). A cool $6B was going to be spent - not in building and testing the next-gen launcher, BUT... (drumroll) Using a D3P to come out with The Decision. It was prohibited to speak of specific system, one was supposed to just put Data into a System. Not surprisingly, today, the US has no manned space launch system in the civilian sector. The 'Zee might call in a few of his billionaire friends and say Go Do it, Putin-ishtyle. More power to him.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9119
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby UlanBatori » 05 Dec 2016 05:25

Dipanker, someone has to conceptualize, design, build, test and manufacture those "home-grown" robots. That IS the direction of the New Manufacturing. Self-assembling machines, for instance. This is the American way. The old jobs that are lost are, well, lost. The huge push is in AI. One has to learn or get left behind, that is also The American Way. The winning motivation is always massive greed and ambition - never any altruism or artificial "job creation" for the sake of creating jobs.

Point is, if the US does not pump resources into innovation and remove barriers to transferring innovation to manufacture, China, Japan, Korea and (maybe, just maybe) ModIndia will do it. Except in "software/IT" and "medical drug devices" there is no hope for technological innovation - absolutely no seriousness visible from the government agencies, and the big companies are clueless or just immersed in predatory race to the bottom. Look at the airlines, space launch, etc etc etc. All absolute disasters. Waiting for a bunch of communist-leaning, technically ignorant, vision-less political sub-human Washington species to see this basic fact, is a losing proposition. With DT there is at least a hope that good ol' fashioned greed will be allowed to push innovation into the factory floor and out into the market without going through Red China.

Gus
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8042
Joined: 07 May 2005 02:30

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby Gus » 05 Dec 2016 05:52

Mort - Indiana is under pence , his VP - who stayed on as VP to get this done, despite a ton of work as heading transition work. All I am saying is - good for the 800 families , but nothing amazing change like projected. He will milk it for sure. But the real problem is untouched. He is now threatening companies on punitive measures. Let's see how that works going forward

Gus
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8042
Joined: 07 May 2005 02:30

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby Gus » 05 Dec 2016 06:03

ramana wrote:Gus, So long as your angst was about Hilary losing its okay.


I have no "angst" ...I did not even get into post election stuff..i ordered my crow soup and moved on. Are you confusing me with somebody else? Last dozen posts from other people are discussing the recount including the poster you are defending - and I was not posting anything on that and I am getting asked to move on?

However you are baiting UB and are on watch. I urge you to apologize to UB or face the mace!


He asked me to go to pakdef...and then did not take it back and passed off as 'letting off steam' and I did not even report him or anything ..

I am not apologizing to him for what you think is baiting. All I see is some contrary opinions and interpretations of current affairs with some light ribbing. We have managed to keep it civil ..

If you still want to ban me ..go ahead . Thanks.

Mort Walker
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6821
Joined: 31 May 2004 11:31
Location: The rings around Uranus.

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby Mort Walker » 05 Dec 2016 06:19

UlanBatori wrote:India has gone to private groups and tolls for infra, big time. So has Florida - they don't have income tax but depend on tolls to keep up roads. It is a royal pain to drive in Florida because of this - you have to have a piggy bank with you at all times - but then again, the roads ARE nice.

Recently my 6th coujin thrice removed saw what happens with Federal boondoggles. The issue was to serve as reviewer for some scholarship applications - something one does all the time, mostly for "free" as part of a job. But here, it turns out, that they have a System and Process set up. You have to go to their website, log on for a Training video session to watch grass growing as a Panel of would-be-HiCs sitting around and pompously explaining how to press the return key on a computer. Then the whole mess wouldn't work (technical issues, we A-pall-a-Gize!). When one calls the tech support number one gets into a whole system set up just for that - remember, this is all to LEARN HOW to review a few 5-page writeups from yaks. When 6th coujin was running a scholarship program for the same Fed agints under a simple grant, this whole thing was done by downloading the bunch, setting up an Excel sheet and a scratchpad. This is an example of how DupleeCity wastes tax dollars, I bet that whole Review System cost the tax payer a cool $0.5 - not a penny of that going to needy students.

If the 'Zee manages to bring simplicity and efficiency by proper metrics (like what percentage of funds go to actual construction vs. middlemen) I say more power to him.
Reminds of the Bush-1 era NASA program called SLS (Space Launch System, IIRC. There was a whole conference to present what was called the Data Driven Decision Process (D3P). A cool $6B was going to be spent - not in building and testing the next-gen launcher, BUT... (drumroll) Using a D3P to come out with The Decision. It was prohibited to speak of specific system, one was supposed to just put Data into a System. Not surprisingly, today, the US has no manned space launch system in the civilian sector. The 'Zee might call in a few of his billionaire friends and say Go Do it, Putin-ishtyle. More power to him.


What you're saying is true for roads and bridges since they are within state, but other infrastructure goes across state lines and needs coordination at the federal level. Your 6th coujin thrice removed forgot to mention that the boondoggle was actually a contract given by a federal agency to one of its cronies to do the data entry as was the Bush-I NASA program. Please remember the Gemini and Apollo program were in fact federal programs and contracts given to North American Rockwell and others to put a man on the moon. Clearly defined objectives for gobermint spending.

I long for the day when I grow up to be an adult to become a beltway bandit, but alas I didn't attend Harvard, Princeton or Yale! More than likely this time Trumpanzee's beltway bandit buddies are going to make the best of private profit at public risk. It will really be the fall of the Roman Republic. What Amreeka needs is a ban on holding any elected position if you've been a professor at an Ivy League or are an Ivy graduate in the humanities, law or business. That would really drain the swamp because these guys/gals are far more dangerous to the republic than our innocuous Rahul Gandhi.

GShankar
BRFite
Posts: 868
Joined: 16 Sep 2016 20:20

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby GShankar » 05 Dec 2016 06:20

Dipanker wrote:Finally a victory of sorts for the Indians and something to cheer about!

Federal Officials to Explore Different Route for Dakota Pipeline


At least can we call them Native Americans? Those in US (American settlers from 15th century onwards and their progeny) are still in hibernation calling them as Indians (red or otherwise). But it is time for us to make them smell the coffee instead of carrying on their narrative.

Mort Walker
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6821
Joined: 31 May 2004 11:31
Location: The rings around Uranus.

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby Mort Walker » 05 Dec 2016 06:24

Dipanker wrote:It’s “trickle-down” economics dressed in populist garb - Robert Reich

But it won’t work. As long Wall Street continues to push corporations to maximize shareholder returns, American workers will continue to lose good-paying jobs to foreign workers or to homegrown robots.

Trump’s Trickle-Down Populism


Robert Reich is a partisan hack from the Alt-Left website the Huffington Post. It lack credibility. He doesn't say anything about the billions New York state gives to companies to bring in jobs, does he?

Yayavar
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4761
Joined: 06 Jun 2008 10:55

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby Yayavar » 05 Dec 2016 06:28

Dipanker wrote:Finally a victory of sorts for the Indians and something to cheer about!

Federal Officials to Explore Different Route for Dakota Pipeline


Indians? I'd rather they use whatever term the Native Americans want to use.

Indians is us Bharatiya origin folk.

LokeshC
BRFite
Posts: 696
Joined: 15 Aug 2016 04:36

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby LokeshC » 05 Dec 2016 07:07

Indians .... lol

Suresh S
BRFite
Posts: 638
Joined: 25 Dec 2008 22:19

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby Suresh S » 05 Dec 2016 07:19

gus you are not giving opinions here you are mostly trolling boss.

TSJones
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3022
Joined: 14 Oct 1999 11:31

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby TSJones » 05 Dec 2016 07:31

casually most call themselves Indians, or the tribe.

when speaking formally they say "the people" or "First Nation".

'

vina
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6045
Joined: 11 May 2005 06:56
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby vina » 05 Dec 2016 07:40

UlanBatori wrote:India has gone to private groups and tolls for infra, big time. So has Florida - they don't have income tax but depend on tolls to keep up roads. It is a royal pain to drive in Florida because of this - you have to have a piggy bank with you at all times - but then again, the roads ARE nice.


Ah, but the best roads are in Kaliphornicashun. And best of all, no crummy tolls like in the East Coast and Midwest and South. Broad wide roads, with a wide carriage way, unlike the constricted lanes in the east.

Singha
BRF Oldie
Posts: 62446
Joined: 13 Aug 2004 19:42
Location: the grasshopper lies heavy

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby Singha » 05 Dec 2016 08:15

the NE has generally better roads when you consider SH and below roads also in conjunction with interstates.

the broad wides roads are surely needed in I680 and I880 lol

and the climate and general vegetation of the place are more pleasant - hard to beat being a rich person in the NE/DC/suburban virginia/maryland and plugged into deep state / finance / consultant / think tank networks. they eat and live well and their kids go to good public schools and univs without the private school circus of CA starting at elementary level.

california is strictly for people with no life but a great deal of hope that slogging like a dog 24x7 will bring them to NE well heeled levels :lol:

NRao
BRF Oldie
Posts: 16052
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Illini Nation

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby NRao » 05 Dec 2016 08:17

Donald Trump wrote:"Did China ask us if it was OK to devalue their currency (making it hard for our companies to compete), heavily tax our products going into their country (the US doesn't tax them) or to build a massive military complex in the middle of the South China Sea? I don't think so!"

Singha
BRF Oldie
Posts: 62446
Joined: 13 Aug 2004 19:42
Location: the grasshopper lies heavy

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby Singha » 05 Dec 2016 08:22

someone is finally starting to ask the right questions on behalf of the american people. there will be some short term pain in not getting the china maal so cheap anymore if he follows through, but a large 300 mil country cannot really survive purely on services....this is no HK or Singapore or "londonistan"

TSJones
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3022
Joined: 14 Oct 1999 11:31

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby TSJones » 05 Dec 2016 08:29

it's not really about buying cheap stuff, that is agit-prop used by the elites.

what it is all about is the likes of walmart, apple and boeing losing market access to the chinese.....

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9119
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby UlanBatori » 05 Dec 2016 08:41

Don't you think a good trade war with the US will cause deep fractures to appear in China today?

GShankar
BRFite
Posts: 868
Joined: 16 Sep 2016 20:20

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby GShankar » 05 Dec 2016 09:23

China has demonstrated an ability to frown on US militarily on occasions in eastern Vietnam sea. But can they withstand to economic pressure? Good time to find out.

The pre-established presstitutes, think tanks, analysts, wall streeters, etc. in usa know trump don't listen to them. May be a new option needs to be found by the Chinese from an optics/perception management standpoint.

So the water is muddled. Can Modi fish? I hope he does. This is the time to announce some us-india Bhai Bhai schemes like "Make in India And US"

Yayavar
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4761
Joined: 06 Jun 2008 10:55

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby Yayavar » 05 Dec 2016 09:52

TSJones wrote:it's not really about buying cheap stuff, that is agit-prop used by the elites.

what it is all about is the likes of walmart, apple and boeing losing market access to the chinese.....


I've heard of this forever...but has any American company actually got that access to the Chini market? It appears as if China has put up lots of barriers to that.

Yayavar
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4761
Joined: 06 Jun 2008 10:55

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby Yayavar » 05 Dec 2016 10:02

Dipankar, TSJ: looks like you are right. I've been using the term that I was told is the preferred one i.e. Native American. But I find that many prefer 'American Indian' to Native American.

So we are in for terms like American Indian, Indian Indian, and Indian American :).

Viv S
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5179
Joined: 03 Jan 2010 00:46

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby Viv S » 05 Dec 2016 10:10

I believe the phrase in vogue is Amerinds. For all indigenous American peoples, from the Inuits in the north to the Mapuche in the south.

GShankar
BRFite
Posts: 868
Joined: 16 Sep 2016 20:20

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby GShankar » 05 Dec 2016 10:51

But should we worry about what americans native and others prefer?

I mean, they all would first prefer to use their tribal name. And then probably some other term.

Those who 'casually' prefer to be called Indians (in some form) are probably the indoctrinated ones who are their own version of those in India who are britshit pasand.

But why do we have to call them that? Like we have to call the sea close to cheen as east Vietnam sea and Tibet as northern arunachal, can we also refer to these people as native americans or natives or original tribes etc.?

PS: There is still a narrative war going on that says Indians mean Indigenous people all over the world. Not sure what everyone feels about that..

Gus
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8042
Joined: 07 May 2005 02:30

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby Gus » 05 Dec 2016 10:55

Aborigines are a better word for that no?

TSJones
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3022
Joined: 14 Oct 1999 11:31

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby TSJones » 05 Dec 2016 11:54

Yayavar wrote:
TSJones wrote:it's not really about buying cheap stuff, that is agit-prop used by the elites.

what it is all about is the likes of walmart, apple and boeing losing market access to the chinese.....


I've heard of this forever...but has any American company actually got that access to the Chini market? It appears as if China has put up lots of barriers to that.


do you really think that the oligarchs and the Washington establishment worry about the price of cheap goods to the public? really?

no, they worry about access to the chinese market and cheap labor supply. that is what they worry about.

TSJones
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3022
Joined: 14 Oct 1999 11:31

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby TSJones » 05 Dec 2016 11:56

American Indians by and large do not call themselves Amerinds.

that is a white man assigned college appellation.

end of story.

Austin
BRF Oldie
Posts: 21542
Joined: 23 Jul 2000 11:31

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby Austin » 05 Dec 2016 13:39

Friedman: "Putin voted in our election"

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/1 ... ection.cnn

RajeshA
BRF Oldie
Posts: 15996
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 19:30

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby RajeshA » 05 Dec 2016 13:41

Trump''s main complaint with China is economic, resulting in an overall narrowing of the power gap between the two. Trump wants to reverse that. What if China one day becomes the bigger partner in G2?

Secondly Trump is not enamored by the US-Sunni alliance as terror attacks against the West have been a recurring phenomenon.

Trump just doesn't see the same danger from Russia! Against Russia, NATO has only seen progress in its onward march after the Cold War.

Now it is time to take care of the other two opponents!

People like Dana Rohrabacher share this view. Selection of next Secretary of State would tell where Trump wants to go with his Foreign Policy!

Gus
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8042
Joined: 07 May 2005 02:30

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby Gus » 05 Dec 2016 14:13

TSJones wrote:do you really think that the oligarchs and the Washington establishment worry about the price of cheap goods to the public? really?

no, they worry about access to the chinese market and cheap labor supply. that is what they worry about.


what access?

I am fresh back from chiniland. apart from luxury stuff that the big guys want(cars, apple, fashion items etc) , most else are local brands. everything is copied or reverse engineered or pirated.

chini cheap labor supply is a profit making factor for US manufacturing offshored or contracted to in China - but really, what is the end game here? They are going to catch up and compete with their own brands pretty soon. They have already turned off some markets completely after milking what they want out of foreign companies.

clueless is the word and I don't share the enthusiasm some folks have here that Trump is clued in and wants to fix this - much less achieve success in that.

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9212
Joined: 29 May 2007 18:03

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby Yagnasri » 05 Dec 2016 14:27

Austin wrote:Friedman: "Putin voted in our election"

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/1 ... ection.cnn


Lefties have not yet come to terms with the defeat. But this kind of attacks is basically aimed at ensuring the new cold war between the US and Russian continue.

panduranghari
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3724
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby panduranghari » 05 Dec 2016 15:29

Dipanker wrote:It’s “trickle-down” economics dressed in populist garb - Robert Reich

But it won’t work. As long Wall Street continues to push corporations to maximize shareholder returns, American workers will continue to lose good-paying jobs to foreign workers or to homegrown robots.

Trump’s Trickle-Down Populism


By putting a link without making any observations, makes me believe you wish to accept the premise of the article.
Hmm, you are either not aware of the reality of Keynesian economics or you are intentionally being obtuse.

Social security is populism.
Medicaid is populism.
Medicare is populism.
Disability payments are populism.
Obamacare is populism.

I never heard people criticising these populist measures.

TSJones
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3022
Joined: 14 Oct 1999 11:31

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby TSJones » 05 Dec 2016 15:54

Gus wrote:
TSJones wrote:do you really think that the oligarchs and the Washington establishment worry about the price of cheap goods to the public? really?

no, they worry about access to the chinese market and cheap labor supply. that is what they worry about.


what access?

I am fresh back from chiniland. apart from luxury stuff that the big guys want(cars, apple, fashion items etc) , most else are local brands. everything is copied or reverse engineered or pirated.

chini cheap labor supply is a profit making factor for US manufacturing offshored or contracted to in China - but really, what is the end game here? They are going to catch up and compete with their own brands pretty soon. They have already turned off some markets completely after milking what they want out of foreign companies.

clueless is the word and I don't share the enthusiasm some folks have here that Trump is clued in and wants to fix this - much less achieve success in that.


just because you've been to china doesn't mean you have the big picture of one of the world's great economic engines, the USA.

http://fortune.com/2016/09/13/china-buys-planes-boeing/

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-wal-m ... 2C20150429

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2015/12 ... China.html

http://www.gmchina.com/gm/en/aboutGM/GMChina

I cud go on nad on.........

Trump. doesn't. like. China. any. at. all.

nor Mexico for that matter.....

TSJones
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3022
Joined: 14 Oct 1999 11:31

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby TSJones » 05 Dec 2016 15:58

the economist who has the Donald's ear......

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-na-t ... story.html

Gus
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8042
Joined: 07 May 2005 02:30

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby Gus » 05 Dec 2016 17:36



yeah...ariplanes where there are only two companies in the world and you still have to allow them to run up huge deficits against you

and walmart is a major manufacturer now? I've already mentioned apple and luxury products. In cars, regular US models are getting crowded out

I mean the very idea that you allow them to run huge trade deficits in return for access is ...ok..what is this great access you are having when it is the Chinese who still sell more to you than you to them.

I see big picture alright. That big picture has BIG DEFICIT written across it.

vina
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6045
Joined: 11 May 2005 06:56
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby vina » 05 Dec 2016 17:58

Yayavar wrote:I've heard of this forever...but has any American company actually got that access to the Chini market? It appears as if China has put up lots of barriers to that.

Yes. GM . They have the largest market share in China. But they had to sell their soul to get it. Not like India where they own 100% of the business. All auto guys can do business in China only with a 50% JV.

TSJones
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3022
Joined: 14 Oct 1999 11:31

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby TSJones » 05 Dec 2016 18:23

I mean the very idea that you allow them to run huge trade deficits in return for access is ...ok..what is this great access you are having when it is the Chinese who still sell more to you than you to them.


the globalist could care less about nationality because they are benefiting from globalism.

they despise the common man. their jobs are expendable. they are deplorable and racist.

as far I can tell to the globalist there is only one country deserving of a unique culture and nationality and that is Israel.

the rest of us are interlopers and conquering racists and anti LGBTQ.
Last edited by TSJones on 05 Dec 2016 18:37, edited 3 times in total.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9119
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby UlanBatori » 05 Dec 2016 18:23

TSJones wrote:American Indians by and large do not call themselves Amerinds.
that is a white man assigned college appellation.
end of story.

Actually the first indication (why is indication called INDIcation, hain? :?: :?: ) of the dismal state of geography education in the US.

The propah term is "First Nations" so "First Nationals" would be fine in both USA and Canadastan, thank u.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9119
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Postby UlanBatori » 05 Dec 2016 18:26

Meanwhile, the Recount Lobby, now spending over $7M, is winning. MI ordered to recount, WI keeps recounting, PA heading that way. Obvious strategy is to DIScount votes from all 3 when the Electoral college meets because they won't be ready. Is that cunning or what? All get ready to kiss up to POTUS HiC and VPOTUS Stein.


Return to “Trash Can Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests