Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Y. Kanan
BRFite

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Post by Y. Kanan »

Lalmohan wrote:I'm not seeing anyone taking a loony left side, seems that any challenge to the great Donald is perceived as being in the loony left?
really folks? this is exactly identical to what is happening on FB and other social media
who's zooming who?
It's the left rioting, breaking shop windows, beating up Trump supporters (plenty of YouTube vids of that)...

When all is said and done, I'd rather live around the law abiding people with jobs, even if they are evil white Trump supporters, than the shiftless rabble and useful idiots that always serve as the foot soldiers of the left.

I'm glad to be out of there. A lot of my fellow Indians make the mistake of sympathizing with the American left and their favorite minority's (blacks and hispanics) as a knee-jerk reaction to our long history of British subjugation. This is misguided; the American left is not your friend, nor are their blacks. Every Indian liberal should have the experience of living in Baltimore for awhile.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

YKanan,

You're assuming that evil white law abiding Trump supporters with jobs would want the likes of you living amongst them :-)
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Called Dinesh D'souza a useful idiot on twitter and got a flood of protest response from outraged whites saying he is as American as any one of them...

Little does anyone know what is coming down the line..LOL!

American Indians, enjoy it while you can. We are going back to the 1930s.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Paul,

+1,000,000,008

Many are in for a rude awakening.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Rudradev wrote:YKanan,

You're assuming that evil white law abiding Trump supporters with jobs would want the likes of you living amongst them :-)
Many of them have no issues with 'law-abiding hindus' who are well-educated, rich, prosperous, in good jobs, marry within their communities.

Mainly the friction is between poor/aspiring immigrants who compete directly with whites for service jobs etc. When competition for resources gets high then the status-quo adv holders seek to reinforce their right over resources through racism/violence. Hindus are more into STEM which is different from white working class occupational focus areas or hispanic competition.

Also unlike hispanics hindus were never in game to impose violence on USA to revise status-quo. They were never in contention nor did they have the ability for that. Always depend on benevolence of host. So where is the choice.
Rishi Verma
BRFite

Post by Rishi Verma »

The above narrative is no different from Indian muslims saying they have fear under Modi gov. It's all hyped up. "Whitish" anywhere have better things to do than "target-wheatish". It's in the mind. If you feel assimilated then you are a part of the society. If you feel like an outsider then you will look like an outsider. Inner image gets projected to others. Wheatish need to rise up above skin colour and understand our Vedic dharmic heritage and suddenly all whitish will look like children. Besides no one is stopping the wheatish to own guns.

Anyone cribbing over how bad life can get in USA need to ask themselves why you went there, is it better than your life in India? In the past present or future? If yes then stop complaining if no then R2i. Done.
Last edited by Rishi Verma on 16 Nov 2016 09:54, edited 2 times in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

when I first went to amrika, was impressed how in NE a lot of areas and towns had the old american indian names and msueums of native american history - like HC lives in chappaqua NY. I thought that showed how deeply they respected and cared for the native people :rotfl:

later to khulasa ho gaya...
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Rudradev wrote:Paul,

+1,000,000,008

you want the facade to burn to expose the house? or is the house burning inside as well and facade is catching fire now? or the house is not on fire, but will catch fire now from the facade?
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

An immigrant is always an outsider, until he has numerical majority or force/power to impose his will on the host. Until that happens, they are always 'outsider' and dispensible however good the going may have been.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

habal wrote:
Rudradev wrote:YKanan,

Many of them have no issues with 'law-abiding hindus' who are well-educated, rich, prosperous, in good jobs, marry within their communities.

Mainly the friction is between poor/aspiring immigrants who compete directly with whites for service jobs etc. When competition for resources gets high then the status-quo adv holders seek to reinforce their right over resources through racism/violence. Hindus are more into STEM which is different from white working class occupational focus areas or hispanic competition.

Also unlike hispanics hindus were never in game to impose violence on USA to revise status-quo. They were never in contention nor did they have the ability for that. Always depend on benevolence of host. So where is the choice.
That WAS how it was. Or how it seemed to be. Now a lot of things are coming out in the open that nobody had bargained for, at least not many "law abiding Hindus".

There are, incidentally, MANY Hindus in the US who don't at all fit into the idyllic STEM or Wall Street pravasi bharatiya mold. Those guys, whether taxi drivers or restauranteurs or low/mid level IT employees, are most definitely in competition with whites of equivalent class for service and other jobs.

The difference is this. Desis in that aspiring class succeed in their aspirations. They save like mad, never get into debt, live 10 to a 4 BR house, and the next generation goes to grad school and rises UP in life... becomes doctor, lawyer, finance pro etc. This is the EXACT thing that whites who supported Trump consistently do NOT have... they live the consumer life with almost zero wage increases and they don't have trans-generational upward mobility.

.Who do you think they will resent? Whom did the Dot Busters resent, and why?

One thing you're right about, there is no choice. And never was
Last edited by Rudradev on 16 Nov 2016 10:26, edited 1 time in total.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Gus wrote:
Rudradev wrote:Paul,

+1,000,000,008

you want the facade to burn to expose the house? or is the house burning inside as well and facade is catching fire now? or the house is not on fire, but will catch fire now from the facade?
Can you descramble those metaphors for me please? I have no idea what you are asking
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

habal wrote:An immigrant is always an outsider, until he has numerical majority or force/power to impose his will on the host. Until that happens, they are always 'outsider' and dispensible however good the going may have been.
This is true.
Rammpal
BRFite

Post by Rammpal »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Americans

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Irish_sentiment

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/07/10/opini ... mmigrants/

Cattle class for southern Europeans, remember !

"..The Poles were the last to come in large numbers before World War I and the Quota Act which choked off immigration. Consequently they were subjected to far more than their share of prejudice and discrimination bred usually not by malice, but by fear—chiefly economic insecurity of the minorities already settled in the areas to which they came. Since other groups did not succeed them in large numbers, they remained for longer than the usual period at the lowest level occupationally and residentially, since others did not "push them up."..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_o ... ted_States

And where are all these people now ???! :)
Rammpal
BRFite

Post by Rammpal »

Rudradev wrote:
habal wrote:An immigrant is always an outsider, until he has numerical majority or force/power to impose his will on the host. Until that happens, they are always 'outsider' and dispensible however good the going may have been.
This is true.
No, it's not.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Rishi Verma wrote:The above narrative is no different from Indian muslims saying they have fear under Modi gov
Again, projection. Modi never, ever used resentment against Muslims or ANY minority as a political platform to get elected, that narrative itself is fabricated by the leftist media as much as the subsequent narrative of Muslim/Mainority victimhood. Both are spurious.

HRC == Sonia allright, but DT != Modi

It's a world cup quality self goal to suggest otherwise.
Anyone cribbing over how bad life can get in USA need to ask themselves why you went there, is it better than your life in India? In the past present or future? If yes then stop complaining if no then R2i. Done.
Speaking for myself, I'm not cribbing at all. I just find all of this rather amusing. As for options, I will make money while I can and then R2i when I want.

Do all Hindus in the US have that option?
And yes, I care about them. Because they are our people.
Last edited by Rudradev on 16 Nov 2016 10:26, edited 1 time in total.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Rudradev wrote:
Gus wrote:
Can you descramble those metaphors for me please? I have no idea what you are asking
Second line, the house is burning down the facade!

Basically, time moves in a circle, or an ellipse if want it that way. No matter how much material progress we make, we will end up at the point we started at.

Gross simplication! But it sums up my outlook on life.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Esteemed BRFites,.... with due respect, instead of comparing desis with DT-supporters, please steer the topic to a more relevant one.
.... DT's Sec of State may go to Rudy Giuliani. At least his name is strongly being considered, as per NPR. What do we know about his Indo-pak bend?
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Practically nothing. As Mayor of NYC Giuliani hobnobbed with many world leaders, and also with leaders of many immigrant communities who donated to his campaigns (Indians I'm sure, but also many Chinese and Pakistanis, and Khalistani types too).

He was known as a no-nonsense, authoritarian mayor who cleaned up NYC from a cesspool of crime in the late 80s to make it the city it is today. A shrewd operator and dealmaker as well. But he himself has been portrayed as corrupt and very vindictive, holding personal grudges and acting on them years later. Accurately or not I don't know.

He has HUGE khunnas against Hillary because she (through dubious means and scandalmongering) derailed his campaign against her for NY senate in 2000.

But whatever he is, because he comes from outside the SD machine and is untouched by its illustrious tradition of Pak pasandi so far, that's already a major advantage over whatever Washington insider HRC would have nominated... the Kerry/Huma types. Rest is to be seen.
GShankar
BRFite

Post by GShankar »

Rudradev wrote:
Rishi Verma wrote:The above narrative is no different from Indian muslims saying they have fear under Modi gov
Again, projection. Modi never, ever used resentment against Muslims or ANY minority as a political platform to get elected, that narrative itself is fabricated by the leftist media as much as the subsequent narrative of Muslim/Mainority victimhood. Both are spurious.

HRC == Sonia allright, but DT != Modi

Absolutely Right! DT != Modi.
Rudradev wrote:
Speaking for myself, I'm not cribbing at all. I just find all of this rather amusing. As for options, I will make money while I can and then R2i when I want.

Do all Hindus in the US have that option?
And yes, I care about them. Because they are our people.
I also went to (and still am in) massa for money. Quality of life per me is a relative thing. I prefer living with near and dear ones is better then shopping in a better mall, living in a bigger house and things like that.

Earning in dollars.. still figuring out a way around that.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Rishi Verma wrote: Anyone cribbing over how bad life can get in USA need to ask themselves why you went there, is it better than your life in India? In the past present or future? If yes then stop complaining if no then R2i. Done.
Admin Note: Kindly avoid dictating people to stop complaining and just state your POVs. This sort of lines adds rejoinders, that obfuscates this discussion
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Trey Gowdy Embarrasses Smug CNN Reporter Classic

Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Paul wrote: Second line, the house is burning down the facade!
I honestly don't know..it is a huge house and huge facade..and so much smoke. You can make your case both ways and argue about it for days and you will be left where you started.

Let's see if Trump douses this or switches water with petrol in his hose. :lol:
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Rudradev wrote: HRC == Sonia allright, but DT != Modi

careful saar...I was asked to stop posting or go to pakdef for saying that.. :P
Rishi Verma
BRFite

Post by Rishi Verma »

hnair wrote:
Rishi Verma wrote: Anyone cribbing over how bad life can get in USA need to ask themselves why you went there, is it better than your life in India? In the past present or future? If yes then stop complaining if no then R2i. Done.
Admin Note: Kindly avoid dictating people to stop complaining and just state your POVs. This sort of lines adds rejoinders, that obfuscates this discussion
Ok point taken Saar, wasn't meant as personal attack.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

looks like the trumper has putinified his staff :mrgreen:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/16/us/po ... -news&_r=0
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Trumps elder children and son in law has been part of his closest advisory circle from day1 of the campaign. I suppose blood that close can be trusted, in a hostile world....

he has tweeted that only he knows all potential horses in the races and will decide...I am sure anyone who steps 1" out of line will bear his considerable wrath :mrgreen: love him or hate him, he doesnt dilly dally around.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

All The Money Obama Borrowed From Taxpayers, In One Chart

The total federal debt remained fairly flat, under $6 trillion, through 2001, but nearly doubled to more than $10 trillion by the end of former President George W. Bush’s two terms.Under Obama, the total debt nearly doubled again, ending 2016 at more than $19.5 trillion, according to an annual audit of the U.S. Treasury’s Bureau of Fiscal Services.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/11/all-t ... z4QAlL9naT
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

quantitative easing - central bank policy - to keep the wolves from the door
unfair to blame it on Obama alone
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

No one wants the sky to fall on his/her head till it can't be prevented. Will DT be the president to face that situation? Only time will tell.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

USA Todin seems to have been taken over by CNN. First a huge whine about how Trump should give his company to be run by some clueless "Blind Trustee" and all his family members should also leave that company. Cites: "experts" but then says they are all saying that they are clueless. :roll:

Wow! If HiC had won, would they have asked Slick Willie to quit the Clinton Foundation and go to full-time babe-chasing?

Next: "TRUMP's INFRASTRUCTURE PLAN HITS POTHOLE". The hostility of that reporter just stinks through. But this is where I found out WHAT Trump is planning: Any correlation to Prime Minister **** of ***** is totally coincidental.

The plan is to get private investors to kick in 20% of the $3 trillion plan over 10 years, and borrow the rest, probably with Federal loan guarantees (unspecified on that point). Then the Fed will give an 82 percent tax credit on the 20% that investors put in. So they say the investors only need a 10% ROI to be rolling in $$$$. This is what is boosting stock market apparently - some HUGE number of construction jobs, so many local contracts with baksheesh galore.

Trouble that I see is that if Syria war ends, Halliburton and Waste Management will suck up all the construction contractors in America and the cost of infrastructure contracts might zoom. But all in all, a real boost to employment and economy. Apparently projected to add a 0.4% to GDP each year.

Interesting setup. Fed pays through tax credits instead of outright boondoggles. Could be a model for a lot of projects. Like Mexican companies bidding for contracts on The Wall. And getting tax credits. :mrgreen:

Don't underestimate the Zee. He sold his real estate scam to 47.3% of American voters.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Has NaMo spoken to DT on the phone yet after his victory? US msm often mentions conversations with Xi, Netanyahu, and Sisi and even makes much of the fact that Theresa May conversation happened later than expected for "closest ally" etc. No report on NaMo though.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Gus wrote:
Rudradev wrote: HRC == Sonia allright, but DT != Modi

careful saar...I was asked to stop posting or go to pakdef for saying that.. :P
There's a time and a place for everything :P

Not advisable to say that when there was a good chance that bona-fide Sonia equivalent could still become POTUS. That would have been a noxious outcome for India any way you look at it.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

^^I read somewhere that Modi spoke to DT and he was given precedence over Theresa May's call. But needs confirmation.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

One Baki was screaming that NaMo was the second to call i.e. 2nd one whose call was accepted. But frankly don't know but it seems he did call per MEA.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

X-posting.

Former CIA director James Woolsey is apparently a core member of Trump's team!

For those who do not remember, the reptilian Woolsey is an old and dear friend of Pakistan. A facilitator of Reagan-blessed Mujahedin-ISI-CIA coordination during the Soviet Afghan War... sponsoring jihad, turning a blind eye to China-Pak nuclear proliferation, you name it, he was part of it.

He was also a key proponent, after 9/11, of bringing the Musharraf regime on to the US' side with huge tranches of military aid and removing the post 1998 nuke-test sanctions; i.e. forgiving, rehabilitating, and re-arming Pakistan.

This is going to be interesting!
SSridhar wrote:U.S. could join China’s ‘Belt and Road’ initiative - Atul Aneja, The Hindu
The head of China-led Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), Jin Liqun, has signalled that the United States under President-elect Donald Trump could reverse its decision not to join the lender — a move that could pave the way for Washington’s broader acceptance of Beijing’s One Belt One Road (OBOR) connectivity initiative across the Eurasian region.

The AIIB is widely viewed as part of a new global financial architecture, and is expected to back infrastructure projects in Asia that are part of OBOR.

U.S. could join AIIB

A separate article in the same publication quoted individuals — supposedly part of the Trump camp — as telling that the U.S. embrace of OBOR under the newly elected President could be on the cards, in case Beijing agreed not to the alter the status quo in the Asia-Pacific. The daily pointed to a November 10 article by former CIA director James Woolsey, who is part of Mr. Trump’s inner-circle, titled, “Under Donald Trump, the U.S. will accept China’s rise — as long as it doesn’t challenge the status quo .”

China’s leadership role

According to the People’s Daily , “Woolsey recognised China’s leadership role, but also said that the balance of power in Asia depends on America’s strength”.

It added: “He [Mr. Woolsey] called U.S. opposition to the formation of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank ‘a strategic mistake,’ and said that the new administration should warm up to the ‘Belt and Road’ initiative. He expressed hope for a new agreement between the two sides.”

Last edited by Rudradev on 16 Nov 2016 20:42, edited 2 times in total.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Thanks, Paul and Pankajs.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Vikas Swarup ‏@MEAIndia Nov 9
Continuing to build on the bedrock of strong Indo-US relations. PM spoke just now to @realDonaldTrump to congratulate him on his election.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

India will be to US-China (G2) what China was to US-USSR (G2) again during cold war, an outlier which held it's own against the great powers.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

I am struggling to understand something here...Here US relations with Russia may improve, looks like China as well, with India maybe...pretty much with everyone in bed with US. Then who will lose out?

Sunnis and EU?