REPUBLIC DAY 2017

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
ashthor
BRFite
Posts: 148
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 11:35

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby ashthor » 26 Jan 2017 16:10

Happy Republic Day to all

shiv
BRF Oldie
Posts: 35041
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Pindliyon ka Gooda

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby shiv » 26 Jan 2017 16:18

ranjan.rao wrote:Posthumously^^^^^

:D

shiv
BRF Oldie
Posts: 35041
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Pindliyon ka Gooda

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby shiv » 26 Jan 2017 16:20

uddu wrote:NON-DD :)

OK now I know - it was never going to be single engined fighters - three engines there :P

Kashi
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3055
Joined: 06 May 2011 13:53

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby Kashi » 26 Jan 2017 17:25

uddu wrote:
suryag wrote:Great if he went and greeted that grieved daughter of India

He did. Watch the DD video from 57 minutes onwards.


Yes he did. I apologise for jumping the gun, should have noted more carefully. A nice and thoughtful gesture.

Zynda
BRFite
Posts: 1490
Joined: 07 Jan 2006 00:37
Location: J4

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby Zynda » 26 Jan 2017 18:12

Any photos of security personnel? Like our SPG boys etc.

VishalJ
BRFite
Posts: 983
Joined: 12 Feb 2009 06:40
Location: Mumbai
Contact:

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby VishalJ » 26 Jan 2017 18:33

Happy Republic Day Gentlemen Image

This sort of ultra-shoddy coverage is a standard feature of our sarkari broadcasts.

Btw, we have to thank the babudom for the 720p HD broadcast in the year 2017 (when the rest of the world is going 4k)
Maybe in 2025 they'll go to 1080p when the rest of the world may be viewing stuff in VR/3D or better.

IMO (please reply if you agree) it is imperative that we record & broadcast all this in the best way possible to inspire the younger generation.
All the time, money and incredible hard-work of so many goes to waste as we so SUCK at showing it to our people in the best possible manner.
Its like paying tons of money to the carpenter for making the best furniture he can but, not hiring/paying the guy who will polish it to make it shine.

Shocking how this goes on like this every year. That's yours and my tax money spent on nukkad ka studio photo/videography wala :evil:

Sid wrote:The whole coverage should be given to some private channel on a yearly rotation basis.

DD producers have proved that they will suck for eternity

They too will make a complete mess of it as they don't have any experience in shooting fast fighters like this and they'd be least concerned in providing the best visuals. Close-up of mantris and crowds - yes, and maybe 1080p but that's it.

There are these guys https://www.youtube.com/user/PlanesTV/videos who specialise in such content, ah well....

About the standard DD poor coverage, just see the difference here:

Trump coming to take the oath of office (I have linked the exact same moment) on the Official White House feed and NBC's feed

See how much sharper, more contrasty and vibrant NBC is vs the sarkari feed, this was exactly how it was when they were live on air.
They can touch-up stuff even in live feeds, but if wishes were horses.............

tsarkar wrote:A request to Vishal J if he could collate some good photos of Arudra, Rudra, Swati & Tejas from his photographer fraternity.

I'll need to ask around to see if any of my DEL mates went, I interacted with one in the morning and going by the dreary skies - he didn't seem keen on taking any photography gear along.

Searching on Flickr, I came across 6 decent photos from today on: https://www.flickr.com/photos/144827584@N02/

I'm hoping more folks will upload their photos later in the day/days to come & i'll share whatever i'm able to find :)

shiv
BRF Oldie
Posts: 35041
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Pindliyon ka Gooda

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby shiv » 26 Jan 2017 18:58

suryag wrote:Great if he went and greeted that grieved daughter of India

Yeah -it would have been nice if 22 Doordarshan Cameras focused on the PM's unusual antics rather than maintaining the solemnity of the moment when a lonely widow's dead hero husband was being honoured in silent respect by the entire nation.

Surya
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5038
Joined: 05 Mar 2001 12:31

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby Surya » 26 Jan 2017 19:09

nirav wrote:Right.
Since the pm and rm didn't stand while the prez gave a medal to a relative of a gallant jawan, they suddenly become anti military.

You guys need to get over dikhava.

Them sitting or standing has zero bearing on how much they respect the military and what they are already doing for the military wrt their leadership roles.

Need to stop this perceived disrespect business.


Rubbish

Forget the military we are talking of disrespecting the Veer Nari- the image of her pulling her plastic raincoat, her tears alone in a sea of humans - is horrible-

If sitting and leafing through pamphlets is ok then Why not go one step further spread your legs and scratch your crotch - ater all its all dikhava

suryag
Forum Moderator
Posts: 3162
Joined: 11 Jan 2009 00:14

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby suryag » 26 Jan 2017 19:11

Ayya - these 22 cameras also didnt capture the PM meeting the lady as the camera was covering 2-3 SPG backs and only the PM was seen, not that me or my opinion matters but i feel great that he is indeed nar + indr

nirav
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2021
Joined: 31 Aug 2004 00:22
Location: Mumbai

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby nirav » 26 Jan 2017 19:18

Surya wrote:
nirav wrote:Right.
Since the pm and rm didn't stand while the prez gave a medal to a relative of a gallant jawan, they suddenly become anti military.

You guys need to get over dikhava.

Them sitting or standing has zero bearing on how much they respect the military and what they are already doing for the military wrt their leadership roles.

Need to stop this perceived disrespect business.


Rubbish

Forget the military we are talking of disrespecting the Veer Nari- the image of her pulling her plastic raincoat, her tears alone in a sea of humans - is horrible-

If sitting and leafing through pamphlets is ok then Why not go one step further spread your legs and scratch your crotch - ater all its all dikhava


What's rubbish is you guys making a non issue into one.
This ridiculous shame shaming of the PM and RM for not standing up, thereby disrespecting the lady !

Can't please serial fault finders.
Go on and hai hai the PM/RM even more.

shiv
BRF Oldie
Posts: 35041
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Pindliyon ka Gooda

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby shiv » 26 Jan 2017 19:26

Did PM attend the man's funeral? What is the point in talking to the widow on the stage of the award function when the PM has totally forgotten the hero and obviously does not care for her. Imagine how little he might care for the entire nation.

Your move next

Subdas
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 79
Joined: 28 Nov 2016 15:00

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby Subdas » 26 Jan 2017 19:29

The protocol does not need the stand up. The highest post, president, is standing. so that is enough. The PM and RM are working there ass off for the nation. What do u and me do for the nation other than just taking care of our self and family and posting in this forum.

ragupta
BRFite
Posts: 328
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby ragupta » 26 Jan 2017 19:33

Happy Republic Day!

Surya
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5038
Joined: 05 Mar 2001 12:31

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby Surya » 26 Jan 2017 19:37

Really - you want to bring protocol???

so to respect and pay attention to a grieving Veer Nari our PM and RM need a protocol???????????????/

mind you this happened last year too - sent tweets and emails PMO and RM
am sure others did too

nirav
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2021
Joined: 31 Aug 2004 00:22
Location: Mumbai

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby nirav » 26 Jan 2017 19:45

Surya wrote:Really - you want to bring protocol???

so to respect and pay attention to a grieving Veer Nari our PM and RM need a protocol???????????????/

mind you this happened last year too - sent tweets and emails PMO and RM
am sure others did too


So from 26 Jan 2016 to 26 Jan 2017, you think only one soldier got martyred ?
What about the grieving families of the other martyred soldiers? What about according them respect and paying attention to their grief ?

Surya
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5038
Joined: 05 Mar 2001 12:31

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby Surya » 26 Jan 2017 19:48

nirav wrote:
Surya wrote:Really - you want to bring protocol???

so to respect and pay attention to a grieving Veer Nari our PM and RM need a protocol???????????????/

mind you this happened last year too - sent tweets and emails PMO and RM
am sure others did too


So from 26 Jan 2016 to 26 Jan 2017, you think only one soldier got martyred ?
What about the grieving families of the other martyred soldiers? What about according them respect and paying attention to their grief ?



classic strawman

not getting into it

wig
BRFite
Posts: 1559
Joined: 09 Feb 2009 16:58

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby wig » 26 Jan 2017 19:51

A very Happy Republic Day.
It is due to the supreme and selfless sacrifice of countless soldiers that we can live our lives in peace.
May India be blessed with countless more such brave and selfless persons.

nirav
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2021
Joined: 31 Aug 2004 00:22
Location: Mumbai

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby nirav » 26 Jan 2017 19:51

You can't, cause in your myopic view of according respect and attention, standing up magically fixes things.
It doesn't.

You unfortunately are making a mountain of a molehill. The proverbial Rai ka pahaad.

Surya
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5038
Joined: 05 Mar 2001 12:31

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby Surya » 26 Jan 2017 20:00

sdas1645 wrote:The protocol does not need the stand up. The highest post, president, is standing. so that is enough. The PM and RM are working there ass off for the nation. What do u and me do for the nation other than just taking care of our self and family and posting in this forum.


BTW Shiv aroor suggests same - maybe thats what we will have to do

Karan M
Forum Moderator
Posts: 15811
Joined: 19 Mar 2010 00:58

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby Karan M » 26 Jan 2017 20:18

surya, agree with you. the protocol needs to change and everyone in that enclosure needs to stand up when these family members came. PM, RM sitting when Hav Dadas wife stood there silently. yes, i support the PM and this RM is doing a yeoman job otherwise, but this so called protocol needs to be fixed. it smacks of JLN era elitism and snooty we are the civilian masters stuff. for people who have given everything so this nation survives, a few moments of extra graciousness is warranted.
Last edited by Karan M on 26 Jan 2017 20:23, edited 1 time in total.

shravanp
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2334
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby shravanp » 26 Jan 2017 20:22

Happy Republic Day to all !

Vanday Mataram by Sangeetha Katti Kulkarni was simply awe inspiring. It captured entire essence of Bharat. Enjoyed and relished every frame of that song and video.

SaiK
BRF Oldie
Posts: 36102
Joined: 29 Oct 2003 12:31
Location: NowHere

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby SaiK » 26 Jan 2017 20:35

Karan++. It was the most readable post in this page

Happy RD

Rakesh
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6193
Joined: 15 Jan 2004 12:31
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby Rakesh » 26 Jan 2017 20:50

https://twitter.com/Chopsyturvey/status/824572477498097664

Happy Republic Day!!!

Indian. Let that be our Religion!

Image

Rakesh
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6193
Joined: 15 Jan 2004 12:31
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby Rakesh » 26 Jan 2017 20:55

A huge board in the Jaipur cantonment reads...
https://twitter.com/Chopsyturvey/status ... 0605469696

harish_ch
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 26
Joined: 22 Oct 2009 21:06

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby harish_ch » 26 Jan 2017 20:56

Karan M wrote:it smacks of JLN era elitism and snooty we are the civilian masters stuff. for people who have given everything so this nation survives, a few moments of extra graciousness is warranted.


Totally agree with you! Somehow it felt odd watching everyone sit.

nirav
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2021
Joined: 31 Aug 2004 00:22
Location: Mumbai

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby nirav » 26 Jan 2017 20:56

It's been a while since I've seen this on TV.
It's still awesome and relevant.Perfect for Republic day and I day..

salaam
BRFite
Posts: 219
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby salaam » 26 Jan 2017 21:02

Surya wrote:
nirav wrote:
So from 26 Jan 2016 to 26 Jan 2017, you think only one soldier got martyred ?
What about the grieving families of the other martyred soldiers? What about according them respect and paying attention to their grief ?



classic strawman

not getting into it


Her is the PM meeting 'veer nari' before the ceremony.

Kindly get something better to fight about. Although I agree that protocol needs to be changed.

Rakesh
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6193
Joined: 15 Jan 2004 12:31
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby Rakesh » 26 Jan 2017 21:11

Karan M wrote:surya, agree with you. the protocol needs to change and everyone in that enclosure needs to stand up when these family members came. PM, RM sitting when Hav Dadas wife stood there silently. yes, i support the PM and this RM is doing a yeoman job otherwise, but this so called protocol needs to be fixed. it smacks of JLN era elitism and snooty we are the civilian masters stuff. for people who have given everything so this nation survives, a few moments of extra graciousness is warranted.

Agree with you 100% The protocol does need to be changed. Since the President of India is the Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Armed Forces, protocol (or guess sheer habit!) dictates that only he needs to stand. What adds even more credence to this, is that the President is the one giving the award. However that needs to change going forward. You don’t need an official document to change the protocol / habit, just STAND! That’s it. The PM needs to lead that effort. If he does it, everyone else on the stage will do it....Chief Guest included. A great example would be the Amar Jawan memorial. I saw the 2016 Republic Day ceremonies the other day. At the Amar Jawan memorial, the Prime Minister saluted. I have never seen Manmohan Singh, Defence Minister AK Antony or any previous PM doing that at. Even Manohar Parrikar is saluting at the Amar Jawan memorial. Leadership starts at the top.

This is not about being petty and giving an appearance on TV to the millions who watch. This is just simple, basic RESPECT for a soldier who served the nation. I could care less what people say or don’t say about PM Modi sitting or standing. But when the leaders of your country stand for you - to acknowledge the sacrifice your loved one made for the nation - that’s all the thanks you need. The award is complimentary. But the respect shown behind the award matters more.

Surya
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5038
Joined: 05 Mar 2001 12:31

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby Surya » 26 Jan 2017 21:13

salaam wrote:
Surya wrote:

classic strawman

not getting into it


Her is the PM meeting 'veer nari' before the ceremony.

Kindly get something better to fight about. Although I agree that protocol needs to be changed.


Boss to quote Shiv- please dont tell me what to do

does not matter if he met her before or after , wrote a poem about her..

He should have stood up at that moment--

Rakesh
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6193
Joined: 15 Jan 2004 12:31
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby Rakesh » 26 Jan 2017 21:19

Indigenous Medium Power Radar ARUDHRA, in service with the Indian Air Force
https://twitter.com/livefist/status/824544609682329601

Rakesh
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6193
Joined: 15 Jan 2004 12:31
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby Rakesh » 26 Jan 2017 21:20

Indigenous transportable satellite vehicle platform of the Army Corps of Signals at the Republic Day parade
https://twitter.com/livefist/status/824546226506829824

shravanp
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2334
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby shravanp » 26 Jan 2017 21:25

Surya wrote:He should have stood up at that moment--


Well the honor was awarded by President. Not the PM. So President stands up, gave the award to the widow.

You want PM / RM also to stand up in line, and bow down? That's a wrong expectation. A protocol should always be in line with a reasonable honor/respect without overdoing it.

Rakesh
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6193
Joined: 15 Jan 2004 12:31
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby Rakesh » 26 Jan 2017 21:27

shravanp: What is wrong with you? How does the PM, RM or anyone else on that stage, to emulate what the President did, demeans them or the office they hold? Explain that first. Protocol comes later.

uddu
BRFite
Posts: 1811
Joined: 15 Aug 2004 17:09

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby uddu » 26 Jan 2017 21:28

Surya wrote:Really - you want to bring protocol???

so to respect and pay attention to a grieving Veer Nari our PM and RM need a protocol???????????????/

mind you this happened last year too - sent tweets and emails PMO and RM
am sure others did too


Please watch from 57 minutes onwards. :) Also hope no one will miss him asking the security about where she is seated and going towards her and showing respect.
Last edited by uddu on 26 Jan 2017 21:32, edited 1 time in total.

uddu
BRFite
Posts: 1811
Joined: 15 Aug 2004 17:09

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby uddu » 26 Jan 2017 21:30

And after watching from 57 minutes you guys will settle this issue and not drag it further.

Rakesh
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6193
Joined: 15 Jan 2004 12:31
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby Rakesh » 26 Jan 2017 21:32

I saw it from 57 minutes uddu. Still does not solve the issue.

nirav
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2021
Joined: 31 Aug 2004 00:22
Location: Mumbai

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby nirav » 26 Jan 2017 21:35

shravanp wrote:
Surya wrote:He should have stood up at that moment--


Well the honor was awarded by President. Not the PM. So President stands up, gave the award to the widow.

You want PM / RM also to stand up in line, and bow down? That's a wrong expectation. A protocol should always be in line with a reasonable honor/respect without overdoing it.



While well meaning, the outrage is misplaced and is being overblown out of proportion.
Its all about optics after all. Because we got to see this one specific incident, we see this outrage. Standing up as is being so forcefully being demanded doesnt really have a material impact on the grief of the family.

also, if one is so concerned about comforting the grieving family of a fallen soldier, why restrict it to the PM/RM standing for only the medal winning soldiers ?
What about all the others who also laid down their lives for the nation. Whats the PM/RM to do with each and every family of our fallen men ?

This is selective outrage.

shravanp
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2334
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby shravanp » 26 Jan 2017 21:36

@Rakesh: That's just my opinion. I feel that Prez awarded it, and the widow was given due respect. (Had PM/RM had awarded I am sure they would have stood up). It's not about demeaning. Let's not drag down the discussion to this level. PM/RM are doing stupendous job and for them to not stand up when they are not awarding is 'just'.

@nirav: agreed.
Last edited by shravanp on 26 Jan 2017 21:38, edited 1 time in total.

uddu
BRFite
Posts: 1811
Joined: 15 Aug 2004 17:09

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby uddu » 26 Jan 2017 21:38

Rakesh wrote:I saw it from 57 minutes uddu. Still does not solve the issue.

PM did show respect by going there but yes, expected to stand up even the 100th time and say a Namaste. That's expected. Tweet to all the dignitaries in the box and ask them from next time to stand up. And also ask them to make that a protocol. That will be better.

Rakesh
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6193
Joined: 15 Jan 2004 12:31
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Re: REPUBLIC DAY 2017

Postby Rakesh » 26 Jan 2017 21:46

nirav wrote:While well meaning, the outrage is misplaced and is being overblown out of proportion.^Its all about optics after all. Because we got to see this one specific incident, we see this outrage. Standing up as is being so forcefully being demanded doesn't really have a material impact on the grief of the family. also, if one is so concerned about comforting the grieving family of a fallen soldier, why restrict it to the PM/RM standing for only the medal winning soldiers? What about all the others who also laid down their lives for the nation. Whats the PM/RM to do with each and every family of our fallen men? This is selective outrage.

Nirav: Have you ever read the Bixby Letter? It is quite famous. Written by President Abraham Lincoln to a Mrs Bixby who lost all her FIVE sons in the American Civil War. I am reproducing the letter here. President Lincoln articulates the point so well. This is NOT about optics. This is NOT about standing for only medal winning soldiers. This is about SIMPLE, BASIC respect. That is it. It does not take away the memory of the soldiers who died and did not get a medal. The point of awarding a medal is two fold - to recognize the bravery of a particular soldier BUT EQUALLY important to illustrate to the nation the bravery of her Armed Forces.

Executive Mansion,
Washington, Nov. 21, 1864.

Dear Madam,

I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle.

I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering to you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save.

I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of Freedom.

Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,
A. Lincoln.

Mrs. Bixby.


Return to “Trash Can Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests