Understanding US thread-III

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding US thread-III

Post by A_Gupta »

It is because, to a large extent, college education needed to qualify for these jobs, is too expensive.

This is an excellent point, that college education in the US has become very expensive.
One should be careful not to ask why, or else one might not be so in love with Republicans or conservative philosophy.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

The stay granted by the Fed judge will now go to the notoriously liberal Ninth Circuit court. Two democratic appointees and one republican appointee. If they uphold the stay It goes to the Supreme Court. If the new justice is not sworn in by then the stay will not be overturned. Or if Kennedy feels liberal that day then also the stay will be permanent, new justice not withstanding. Trump will go ballistic and press the red button against the SCOTUS.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

There are many ways to skin the cat. If ban does not work then DT can let all agencies loose to microscopically follow as many as possible and start deportation procedures. Investigate finances of any business employing them, etc. I guess that all that depends on how seriously he wants this or pissed off.
JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

A_Gupta wrote: The threat is out there though, and to say SDREs have no dog in this fight is... well, it is increasingly clear that 'S' stands for stupid. Being anti-Muslim has so gotten into people's brains that they can't think straight any more.
Of course many "non-stupid SDREs" took this to heart and wore hijabs and marched along with many others. Some even brilliant ones like a professor had involuntary suspension from duties when they did non-stupid things such a shooting a water gun in the classroom directed at a screen. Even some more are going to be inspired by Madam Halfbright and adopt into new found enlightenment. Each to his/her own. But chinese wisdom in such matters are looking more and more brilliant.
JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

darshan wrote:There are many ways to skin the cat. If ban does not work then DT can let all agencies loose to microscopically follow as many as possible and start deportation procedures. Investigate finances of any business employing them, etc. I guess that all that depends on how seriously he wants this or pissed off.
Absolutely. The buck stops at the executive and it mostly is at the business end of any implementation/ or not. If any yahoo gets inspired and does some similar to san beranadino or florida gay club stunts, under this administration, Trump will go out hammer and tongs.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

disha wrote:
kiranA wrote:1) The fraud/abuse in h1b is next to zero. it is one industry where even the smallest player rigorously follows the most arduous regulation set to discourage as much as follows the industry.
:rotfl: - BS. There are several bad apples in the contract industry. In fact several of them are outright criminal. They do worse in India - for example
On 30 May 2016 a massive hunger strike took place in Chennai's IT Corridor on unethical practices of *** infotech Management ...
If 1/10th of the same H1b visa holders had ball$ to use gun., half of the It-vity honchos would be dead.
2) Its disgusting to judge other peoples work if you are not a customer or their employer. And stereotyping few peoples work to entire group is unfit anywhere. but rather surprising such vicious negative stereotypes against Indians in this forum.
It is interesting to see that a callout to bad apples and horrible visa practices is taken as 'negative stereotypes against Indians in this forum'!! Problem with even one rotten bad apple is that they spoil the whole basket. To say that the fly-by-night operators genuinely hurt the true talented H1b visa seeker (and there are several of them) is not a vicious attack painting negative stereotypes against Indians on this forum.
3) h1b is non-immigration visa. its a trade issue
4) USA can easily eliminate demographic "threat" by removing dual intent from h1b and making it only non-immigrant
Now with the following you are conflating "right to work" to "right to naturalize" arguments., if one exercises "right to naturalize" after working for 8 years., is it wrong? Will the whine then be why there is no "right to naturalize" after making us work for 8 years? What in effect you are asking is the "Barbaria Plan" - come and work here but you cannot live here. Even if you have kids that are born here.

Regarding availing social security and medicare., what is wrong if the person on "work" invokes "right to naturalize"? But wait aren't you complaining about the "right to naturalize" (offering barbaria plan instead)? That sir is hypocritical.
5) USA is a country where even illegal immigrant unskilled labor is celebrated . Ever heard of ceasar chavez ?
If you do not know who caesar chavez is., then look up. He was skilled enough to create UFW (look it up) with 50000 registered members at one time. Now have you ever heard of Chandra X-Ray observatory? Well I will not be surprised if the Indians from a certain region do not even know or care of Yellapragada Subbarao.
Here the best of Indian youth gave their prime years to work on mission critical projects of american corporate behemoths. Why is this forum of all the places so keen to run them down ?
Aren't they being compensated? Or are you saying a person who lies on the resume (there are several I know who have inflated their resume or even copied wholesale from others) should be treated on same par with a person who is both talented and skilled? You know who gets hurt in this? The real genuinely skilled and talented ones., also a long term hurt to the industry.

---

For H1b visa holders who have yet to get their passport stamped cannot avail drop box facility. They will have to schedule an appointment at the consulate for an interview and go there with their H1b paper and passport. The consulate will conduct an interview and on approval will stamp their H1b. Of the three people I know, two of them are not worried while the 6th cousin from the uncle's side who somehow wing'ed a it-vity job after showing a non-existing degree is worried. I did tell the 6th cousin to *not* falsify to get into it-vity but the 6th cousin assured me that the 'consultancy' will take care of everything. But that was before trumpet blew his horn.

What hypocrasy ? I of course support the barbaria method. Up front. The simple fact is doors are closing one by one in the west . To quote Sir Edward Grey ""The lamps are going out all over Europe, we shall not see them lit again in our life-time". I hope I am wrong but India needs to prepare for it.

barbaria method atleast preserves commerce and local IT industry while removing the "threat" of immigration.

regarding this whine about cheating here and there in IT industry. lets take a step back and see the picture - $100 billion are exports to India alone on this business model. If you count the h1 wages not exported to India - it is much larger. Atleast a trillion dollars may have been paid in wages across last 25 years since this visa program begin. That impliess the actual economic output by the visa holders easily exceeds well over trillion dollars.

By any indian measure its a huge success. But I cant say anything if you insist on blaming that guy or this guy over that lie or this like. Those guys cant defend themselves here. I think its just poor taste.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

+1 on SDRE's should stay away and clearly show anti-terrorism stand as much as possible. One sees so many times SDREs walk out in fashion to support causes that they should not be supporting at all. There should be clear distinction maintained. Instead all one sees is all bhai chaara and joining hands with pakis and BDs. Have they ever asked themselves about how many will really join them if DT said he is after Hindus or Indians in general? I wonder if even Google and Microsoft head honchoes would say anything outright in support of Hindus. For example, let us say Gujarat riots happened today and these people had to walk out to march in support. I do not believe that many even joined textbook change marches in California.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Like I have said earlier, talent is relative. An IIT Top-100 ranker may feel with some justification that there is a 'talent gap' that separates him / her from someone in ranks far below taking on one of the more out of the way streams (Naval Arch / Aero in earlier days...). Manipal University might have been regarded as being akin to Raju Typewriter School I am sure at one point. And yet - today you have Satya Nadella and Rajeev Suri from there heading marquee tech names and lording over hordes of Indian emigrants from far more elite educational backgrounds.

And the reverse can also occur - if you have a guy from elite educational background doing some routine maintenance on legacy technology - he may very well turn out a misfit ! So, what matters at the end of the day is whether there is a fit with the job requirements. And as far as which job requirements qualify for H1B, the industry in the US has obviously been pushing for those job requirements that face the maximum demand-supply gap.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

I'd rather said IT biggies can open hajaar campuses/shops right here in Des. And why only go to Bengaluru or Chennai or Mumbai with ridiculous rents, when good ol' Hyd is open for business ...

More the MNCs come here and do design, development etc kinda work here in Des, better our local talent pool becomes with such skill sets and more can be done here at home.

Sure, chances of going abroad and earning in $$$ will come down for many an IT munna, but such was never going to be a permanent feature anyway.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

^The loudest PIO voices that doth protest against India outsourcing - are against both H1-Bs as well as against transfer of work offshore to India. Basically, just about anything that is a threat to their own wellbeing as early squatters.

Secondly, tech work can rarely be done by completely offshore team..30:70 onsite offshore used to be the standard ratio, but Infosys now claims it can work on 10:90 basis.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

The discussion going on here reminds me of Punjabi refugees from West Punjab who arrived in Delhi post 1947 and each one of them was a millionaire having Kothis and Orchids and had left behind Gold bricks and mansions. No one who came from Pakistan was ever poor.
Same way, every one who came to USA before offshoring was popular, was hard working, cut above the rest and somehow way better than who came on H1-B later.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

:rotfl:
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

JwalaMukhi wrote: Of course many "non-stupid SDREs" took this to heart and wore hijabs and marched along with many others. Some even brilliant ones like a professor had involuntary suspension from duties when they did non-stupid things such a shooting a water gun in the classroom directed at a screen. Even some more are going to be inspired by Madam Halfbright and adopt into new found enlightenment. Each to his/her own. But chinese wisdom in such matters are looking more and more brilliant.
Problem is a White supremacists does not distinguish between followers of Chinese wisdom and the non-followers of Chinese wisdom. To them all brown people are sand niggers. Irony is that even though most Indians share American concerns regarding terrorism as they have been themselves the biggest victim of it ( partly due to US tacit support of such terrorism against India), since 9/11 afaik more Indians/PIO have been killed in racially motivated violence in USA than any other nationality ( 6 in Wisconsin Sikh temple attack, 1 in Mesa Arizona in post 9/11 backlash)
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

^all seven are Sikh Americans. That's a demographic that seems to be at risk due to Whites not having the context of their beard & turbans. I believe the local gurdwaras already have a number of reachout programs so the local community understands them better... That's the right way to go.
Last edited by Arjun on 05 Feb 2017 18:46, edited 1 time in total.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Retired USArmy Col WP Lang:
http://turcopolier.typepad.com/sic_semp ... is/isreal/
1. The slide to war with Iran. IMO we should all be aware of the ongoing push in the present NSC towards ever increasing hostility toward Iran. the Iranians clearly have little common sense and are allowing a situation to develop in which people like Flynn and Derek Harvey are pushing the president toward actual red lines on the other side of which IMO is a shooting war with Iran involving the US Navy and USAF. This deadly duo seems to be motivated by a desire for revenge against Iran for its support of insurgents during the US occupation of Iraq. How mature! Israel's as yet untested influence on President Trump and its desired application of a version of Cheney's 1% solution adds to the momentum.

2. Natanyahu's trip to the kennel. He will be here on the 15th. The Israeli press is filled with pros and cons as to whether or not he will be able to bring Trump to heel. IMO an opinion an ego as large as Trump's will not react well to the sound of its master's voice.

3. Niki's visit with Churkin. She went to Vasili Churkin's home in NY City yesterday to talk things over. A desire for cooperation was expressed thereafter. IMO the message delivered by her was "Don't pay any attention to the hostile sounds we are making. They are for the benefit of people like McCain and Graham. All will be well."

4. President Trump wants to de-regulate banking? I watched the old documentary (2010) "Inside Job" today. It deals with the general criminality and neglect of duty of assorted banksters, government officials, regulators and presidents in creating the economic and financial meltdown of 2009. The major players in that fiasco are still active and on the scene in Trump's government. They are now older, richer and yet more cunning. And now Trump wants to do away with parts of Dodd-Frank? This will need watching pilgrims. pl
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Arjun wrote:^all seven are Sikh Americans. That's a demographic that seems to be at risk due to Whites not having the context of their beard & turbans. I believe the local gurdwaras already have a number of reachout programs so the local community understands them better... That's the right way to go.
Of the 6 six killed in Wisconsin, 4 were Indian nationals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisconsin ... e_shooting
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Dipanker wrote:
Arjun wrote:^all seven are Sikh Americans. That's a demographic that seems to be at risk due to Whites not having the context of their beard & turbans. I believe the local gurdwaras already have a number of reachout programs so the local community understands them better... That's the right way to go.

How does that change my argument ?...Sikhs are at higher risk due to Whites conflating them with Osama.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Arjun wrote:
Dipanker wrote:

How does that change my argument ?...Sikhs are at higher risk due to Whites conflating them with Osama.
To make it clear that 4 killed were Indian citizens.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Dipanker wrote:To make it clear that 4 killed were Indian citizens.
I don't follow your logic.

The data that you have presented is good. Our task now is to derive an inference from the data....the most obvious and valid inference is that 'Sikhs (whether American, Indian or Martian) are at higher risk in the US, post 9/11''. Do you disagree with the inference ?
Last edited by Arjun on 05 Feb 2017 19:46, edited 1 time in total.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIKP-22Qx7o

High decibel, but exemplary to those in India who unwittingly do identity politics in name of social justice.
Wonder how much more time before leaders from the "subaltern" groups will speakup in such manner in India.
Last edited by Lilo on 05 Feb 2017 19:52, edited 1 time in total.
JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

Dipanker wrote: Problem is a White supremacists does not distinguish between followers of Chinese wisdom and the non-followers of Chinese wisdom. To them all brown people are sand niggers. Irony is that even though most Indians share American concerns regarding terrorism as they have been themselves the biggest victim of it ( partly due to US tacit support of such terrorism against India), since 9/11 afaik more Indians/PIO have been killed in racially motivated violence in USA than any other nationality ( 6 in Wisconsin Sikh temple attack, 1 in Mesa Arizona in post 9/11 backlash)
There is one dimension to the problem which is more concerning for any administration, and more particularly for this administration and rightly so. There is a reason why Trump called out Chicago's Emmanuel to clean up his act, else feds will show up. It is not about anti-Trump. It is about parts of Chicago is no go zone even for chicago polis. Islam is fastest going religion in sectors such as prison and other places where people need to face justice. There is reason for that.

For example, the US law does not allow marriage to more than one person at a time. But the fact is some muslims who operate the lower end of the scale already strictly follow Shariah and practice polygamy. There is divorce proceedings unbeknownst unacknowledged by law but followed meticulously "defacto" and not "dejure". Principally, what happens is most of these elements in the sections of people who operate on the other side of law, namely criminal activity, have large number of females who do not have stable partners and poor parenting. This is ideal situation for local enterprising muslim to take care of some of these abandoned women struggling with multiple children to target and make them as second - third or even fourth begums, as per islamic law. The women in question also benefit from such arrangements, to get some sense of stability. Respite from daily hustle, to relative safety provided by "hijab/burqa". Even divorces in such arrangements happens outside the law, when the enterprising male faces losses from his business activity (usually quite shady) or disagreements happen, by merely following talaks. So, it is not just a social problem, it is incubator of "shariah compliant zones". There are many such instances even in parts of buffalo "the all american city" too. That's how a locale slowly turns into bradford, Londonistanesque, where writ of the law is merely on paper.

But of course, many do-gooders feminists and others, who occasionally getting into contact with other normal your friendly neighborhood "hijab" wearing pious people, are enamored about the liberation and stability provided by "hijab" and start movements along those lines. Enter democrats, who love settling the refugees from islamic countries, in such locales incubators as it guarantees votes. Ideal situation for islam to spread by acting on one marginalized, degenerated citizen at a time. And soon one will have slogans such as one seen in Chicago.

And some SDRE airheads, do not want to know such truth, are merely content into sloganeering and taken on a ride and provide covering to and indirectly condone such activity. Bottomline for SDREs: "wearing hijabs" promoted by misguided feminists is not the course to follow, although it is fashionable and provide a false sense of fighting "islamophobia". Concerns are real, and this administration is right in pursuing putting a stop to such incubators and first step is preventing "refugees" similar to the ones in Germany from troubled islamic countries into locales of such potential incubators.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Singha wrote:Rogue mole inside wh leaks stuff

https://www.good.is/articles/rogue-twit ... ouse-trump
There are even rogue wh staff Twitter accounts..Not sure if really rogue or prank or as some say even bannon :rotfl:
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

^^^ Yes, there is a regressive left that fails to understand some threats unique to Islam.
Two good antidotes are:
The Rubin Report: https://www.youtube.com/rubinreport
Writings of members of Ex-Muslims of North America: http://www.exmna.org/

An example of the latter is a transcript on my blog:
http://arunsmusings.blogspot.com/2015/0 ... cript.html
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

JwalaMukhi wrote:
Dipanker wrote: Problem is a White supremacists does not distinguish between followers of Chinese wisdom and the non-followers of Chinese wisdom. To them all brown people are sand niggers. Irony is that even though most Indians share American concerns regarding terrorism as they have been themselves the biggest victim of it ( partly due to US tacit support of such terrorism against India), since 9/11 afaik more Indians/PIO have been killed in racially motivated violence in USA than any other nationality ( 6 in Wisconsin Sikh temple attack, 1 in Mesa Arizona in post 9/11 backlash)
There is one dimension to the problem which is more concerning for any administration, and more particularly for this administration and rightly so. There is a reason why Trump called out Chicago's Emmanuel to clean up his act, else feds will show up. It is not about anti-Trump. It is about parts of Chicago is no go zone even for chicago polis. Islam is fastest going religion in sectors such as prison and other places where people need to face justice. There is reason for that.

For example, the US law does not allow marriage to more than one person at a time. But the fact is some muslims who operate the lower end of the scale already strictly follow Shariah and practice polygamy. There is divorce proceedings unbeknownst unacknowledged by law but followed meticulously "defacto" and not "dejure". Principally, what happens is most of these elements in the sections of people who operate on the other side of law, namely criminal activity, have large number of females who do not have stable partners and poor parenting. This is ideal situation for local enterprising muslim to take care of some of these abandoned women struggling with multiple children to target and make them as second - third or even fourth begums, as per islamic law. The women in question also benefit from such arrangements, to get some sense of stability. Respite from daily hustle, to relative safety provided by "hijab/burqa". Even divorces in such arrangements happens outside the law, when the enterprising male faces losses from his business activity (usually quite shady) or disagreements happen, by merely following talaks. So, it is not just a social problem, it is incubator of "shariah compliant zones". There are many such instances even in parts of buffalo "the all american city" too. That's how a locale slowly turns into bradford, Londonistanesque, where writ of the law is merely on paper.

But of course, many do-gooders feminists and others, who occasionally getting into contact with other normal your friendly neighborhood "hijab" wearing pious people, are enamored about the liberation and stability provided by "hijab" and start movements along those lines. Enter democrats, who love settling the refugees from islamic countries, in such locales incubators as it guarantees votes. Ideal situation for islam to spread by acting on one marginalized, degenerated citizen at a time. And soon one will have slogans such as one seen in Chicago.

And some SDRE airheads, do not want to know such truth, are merely content into sloganeering and taken on a ride and provide covering to and indirectly condone such activity. Bottomline for SDREs: "wearing hijabs" promoted by misguided feminists is not the course to follow, although it is fashionable and provide a false sense of fighting "islamophobia". Concerns are real, and this administration is right in pursuing putting a stop to such incubators and first step is preventing "refugees" similar to the ones in Germany from troubled islamic countries into locales of such potential incubators.
The problem is what Trump is doing may be against the law, as we know so far a federal judge has put on a hold on Trump's travel ban and the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco has refused to restore Trump's EO.

IMO Trump is also wrong about Chicago. Since Chicago is a proclaimed sanctuary city, by attacking Chicago he is basically pandering to his RW crowd.

Truth is while Chicago's number of murders has skyrocketed in recent years, it is still lower than the historic numbers from the days of Reagan and Bush Sr., and in relative terms it does not even figure in the top 10 most dangerous cities of America.

No go zone for police in Chicago is simply not true, Chicago police is one of the worst in the nation and if their is opportunity for it to fish in troubled waters, you can bet it will do so. Here is what US justice dept. thinks about it:
Chicago Police Routinely Trampled on Civil Rights, Justice Dept. Says
CHICAGO — A blistering report by the Justice Department described far-reaching failures throughout the Chicago Police Department, saying excessive force was rampant, rarely challenged and chiefly aimed at African-Americans and Latinos.
Last edited by Dipanker on 05 Feb 2017 22:58, edited 2 times in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

New slogan of the T-Party:

Give me ur huddled terrorists - and I'll put them in handcuffs and leg irons and send them all to Seattle & San Francisco
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Arjun wrote:
Dipanker wrote:To make it clear that 4 killed were Indian citizens.
I don't follow your logic.

The data that you have presented is good. Our task now is to derive an inference from the data....the most obvious and valid inference is that 'Sikhs (whether American, Indian or Martian) are at higher risk in the US, post 9/11''. Do you disagree with the inference ?
Not saying your inference is incorrect, but at the end of the day Sikhs too are Indian nationals and PIO's, and therefore my earlier statement about more Indian/PIO killed in post 9/11 racist violence in US is afaik not incorrect either.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/the-authors- ... soc_trk=tw
"The authors are real. The articles are fake. Who is behind the sinister ‘CGS’ website?"
Yahoo News has documented multiple other examples of phony advocacy and analysis pieces on CGS Monitor, appearing under the names of other well-known scholars who had never written them or even seen them.

The strange appearance of CGS Monitor appears to be a new phenomenon in media manipulation, aimed at subtly spreading propaganda to unsuspecting news consumers — as well as undermining the “brands” and reputations of prominent opinion makers, according to Brian Mefford, a Kiev-based scholar at the Atlantic Council, who has been studying the website.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
Just cannot believe a judge would put our country in such peril. If something happens blame him and court system. People pouring in. Bad!
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Go falcons

Nobody watching NFL???
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

NE has the ball. 8 point gane
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

First OT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in Superbowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Great comeback...Momentum with patriots ..

Wish Atlanta gets it back
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

TD by NE.
Last edited by saip on 06 Feb 2017 09:02, edited 1 time in total.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

TD By NE. NE wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Wow, what a comeback by NE. Neither is my team (Giants) but this is great!
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Hate Brady all u want but this is some great ball game
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Airbnb super bowl commercial with political overtone:

Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Budweiser super bowl commercial with political overtone:

Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

And the defiance continues:

Coca Cola super bowl commercial with political overtone.