Understanding US thread-III

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding US thread-III

Post by Yagnasri »

Soon they will be painting WH in black and green or black green to remove its oppressive colour i.e. white.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

http://www.ndtv.com/world-news/dont-nee ... ey-1708116

This lady is going places with her UN post. Best of luck. We need to tell her the same thing when next time they try to lecture us on anything.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

a worthy successor to samantha powers.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago
During my recent trip to the Middle East I stated that there can no longer be funding of Radical Ideology. Leaders pointed to Qatar - look!

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago
...extremism, and all reference was pointing to Qatar. Perhaps this will be the beginning of the end to the horror of terrorism!

So good to see the Saudi Arabia visit with the King and 50 countries already paying off. They said they would take a hard line on funding...

:rotfl:

Elijah J. Magnier‏ @EjmAlrai 60m60 minutes ago
I wouldn't be surprised to see @realDonaldTrump deciding to take over the control of #Qatar and for the #USA to become the gas exporter.
1 reply 14 retweets 14 likes
:roll:
vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

I wonder whether the US state dept now has a variable for their model for an unhinged Trump tweets! :rotfl:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-ad ... d=47851505
The Trump administration has implemented a new rule that allows officials to demand five years' worth of social media profiles and 15 years of biographical information as part of a visa application.

The rule, which ABC News previously reported the State Department was considering, took effect May 25 even as the president’s so-called travel ban remains tied up in the courts -- part of Trump’s push for “extreme vetting.”

Consular officers processing visa applicants at embassies around the world can now ask applicants for social media profiles from the last five years, prior passport numbers, greater detail about family members, and longer personal history, including travel, employment and residence for the last 15 years, instead of the last five that applicants were previously asked for.

The rule applies to “immigrant and nonimmigrant visa applicants who have been determined to warrant additional scrutiny in connection with terrorism or other national security-related visa ineligibilities,” according to the State Department. The department estimated that this would affect 65,000 applicants a year, or 0.5 percent of all applicants -- “only a fraction of 1 percent of the more than 13 million annual visa applicants worldwide,” according to a statement.

Asked if there were other changes in the works, a State Department official told ABC News, “What we would emphasize is that this is a dynamic threat, we have to keep changing to keep up with it, and we’re constantly looking for ways to do that.”

Failure to provide all this new information will not necessarily result in visa denial, according to the State Department, and social media profiles "will not be used to deny visas based on applicants’ race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, political views, gender, or sexual orientation," it said.

It will be up to the individual consular officer screening the applicant to determine if he or she requires the additional questions.
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

PC-ness Harvard -- UBji - what are you hinting at?
On the face of it it the rescinded admissions guys supporting sexual assault, child abuse, and other such things?
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

it is outrageous and "that's offensive" etc if people say something you don't like.

it is 'why so PC' and FoE etc if people say something you like and others are outraged.

That's all there is to this whole outrage vs PC thing.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

so qatar gets it in the musharraff, but al-saud and al-emiratis are all goodie goodie boys...
wow...
and now the sheikh of orangia has blessed it...
wah wah!
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

As ISIS crumbles, its sponsors are pointing fingers at each other. The Big Ones are throwing Quatar under the bus. Take away the "Qatari Sheikhs kidnapped" part of that story and the rest starts explaining the pique of the Big Ones and Maldives, enough to cut off diplomatic relations, cancel flights etc.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 07 Jun 2017 07:44, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Did u c the item I posted about Federaal Contractor based in Georgiastan, USA being arrested for passing on a secret document? It turns that this was a US NSA-generated document citing Russian official KGB instructions to US-based hackers on interfering with US voting machines, elections etc etc.

Do u c where this is going? That "document" is given credibility because some stupid wimmens copied it and sent it on. And they were waiting for her to do that.

A disinformation scam from beginning to end.
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

Singha wrote:Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago
During my recent trip to the Middle East I stated that there can no longer be funding of Radical Ideology. Leaders pointed to Qatar - look!

...extremism, and all reference was pointing to Qatar. Perhaps this will be the beginning of the end to the horror of terrorism!

So good to see the Saudi Arabia visit with the King and 50 countries already paying off. They said they would take a hard line on funding...

:rotfl:

Elijah J. Magnier‏ @EjmAlrai 60m60 minutes ago
I wouldn't be surprised to see @realDonaldTrump deciding to take over the control of #Qatar and for the #USA to become the gas exporter.
1 reply 14 retweets 14 likes
:roll:
Father and Mother of ISIS ie USA & Saudis blame the lamb Qatar? Or I am missing something?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

My prediction...indo usa relations are heading for a rock bottom phase. The modi visit this month will launch the downturn.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

I hope not. I think modi will read him and play him better and stay under radar and out of range.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

If NM does not meet Monkey then it is better. But I think the programme is already finalised.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Singha wrote:My prediction...indo usa relations are heading for a rock bottom phase. The modi visit this month will launch the downturn.
How so??

the US has turned protectionist.

with some difficulty, we can live with that.

Climate change issues need not be discussed or raked up. No money/technology transfer simply means that no one expects India to do too much on her own.

we should shut our mouths in the US, during the visit, not make any silly and bombastic commitments on the climate business and we should be through. On visas and trade, India will get what everyone else gets. Trump will not give up more or less because its India.

No need for Modi to tilt at windmills just because someone somewhere, in the world, has a hard-on for trump.

Trump has made his position clear. There are others already fighting that battle without India weighing in and pissing off trump.

for Modi, he should just go there, keep India's interests front and center as much as possible, do his business and come back. Don't fight another's battle at your cost.

After the visit, Modi should quietly continue to push India's interests with trump but far away from the front pages.

also trump is crazy like a fox. He just may have muddied the waters purposely as a negotiating tactic, putting Modi on the defensive even before Modi arrives in the US.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Defying Trump, Hawaii Becomes First State to Pass Law Committing to Paris Climate Accord
Hawaii on Tuesday became the first state to pass a law committing to the goals and limits of the Paris climate accord, defying President Trump, who announced last week that he would withdraw the United States from the historic agreement.

The state’s governor, David Y. Ige, signed two bills at a ceremony at the state’s capitol rotunda in Honolulu. One of the bills was explicitly geared toward reducing greenhouse gas emissions in accordance with the landmark goals adopted by world leaders with the Paris Agreement in 2015. The other will establish a task force to help the state improve soil health and remove carbon from the atmosphere.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

^^^It makes sense for an island to use solar and wind for energy as that is much cheaper than bringing in tankers of oil and gas. It makes economic sense for Hawaii. The rest of these proclamations are just window dressing.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

comey written testimony

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 6ae0fd8e7c
Near the end of our dinner, the President returned to the subject of my job, saying he was very glad I wanted to stay, adding that he had heard great things about me from Jim Mattis, Jeff Sessions, and many others. He then said, “I need loyalty.” I replied, “You will always get honesty from me.” He paused and then said, “That’s what I want, honest loyalty.” :rotfl: I paused, and then said, “You will get that from me.” As I wrote in the memo I created immediately after the dinner, it is possible we understood the phrase “honest loyalty” differently, but I decided it wouldn’t be productive to push it further. The term – honest loyalty – had helped end a very awkward conversation and my explanations had made clear what he should expect.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

So what did Coats and Rogers say today?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

No comments on veracity>
The sign in question, which can be seen from the southbound lanes on I-465 near the Washington Street exit, claims to list the characteristics of "the perfect man."

Among the traits listed on the contentious sign are "married 6 year old," "slave owner," "rapist," "beheaded 600 Jews in one day," "13 wives, 11 at one time" and "tortured and killed unbelievers." ..
Shahid says she condemns the billboard, claiming that it spread lies and misinformation about Islam and its prophet.
Wonder if the Imams have cared to post the correct version from the HoKo.
the Muslim Alliance of Indiana says it's planning to raise money to erect a billboard nearby to spread a message of peace and kindness.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

That bill board could be referring to anyone AFAIK. But only Muslims are offended, I wonder why?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

It IS Indiana... maybe only Muslims can read?? :mrgreen:
They wouldn't DARE to put up such a billboard in, say, Utah... :rotfl:
There was a (Prophet?) from Lyme
Who lived with 3 wives at a time
When asked why the third
He said: "One's absurd!"
And bigamy, Sir! is a crime!!
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

So Comey has dropped his "nuculear" :(( and it turns out to be a damp squib.
"He is a good guy, I hope you can let it go. I want loyalty to the truth".
What else would u expect a real President to say? And with predictable chutzpah, the Sona Bandar's lawyer has declared that he feels "totally and completely vindicated". :mrgreen:
Even See Enn Enn seems out of ideas, though their Cilizza mafioso is ranting away. Reminds me of some ppl I have seen on certain fora, continuously and obsessively ranting until every shred of credibility is blown away.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 08 Jun 2017 07:58, edited 1 time in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Now that wikileaks is famous and people follow and believe it..seems to me gotus can turn weakness into strength and leak targeted materials and have people believe its contents.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Singhaji: Look at the report of the Georgia woman arrested for passing on an NSA "report" "documenting Russian intel agencies asking ppl to damage US voting machines etc
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

UlanBatori wrote: And with predictable chutzpah, the Sona Bandar's lawyer has declared that he feels "totally and completely vindicated".
Someone misappropriated my Golder Monkey words and just translated them into Hindi. Khanlandi yak farmers are too eeevil. :mrgreen:
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Yagnasri wrote:If NM does not meet Monkey then it is better. But I think the programme is already finalised.
I can already see dem headlines...."Narendra meets Vanarendra" :D
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Notice the uproar that was there when former President Bill Clinton met the Attorney General Loretta Lynch alone during the 2016 campaign. He wasn't her boss, and yet it was considered highly improper.

Notice that Comey writes:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/07/politics/ ... index.html
I spoke alone with President Obama twice in person (and never on the phone) -- once in 2015 to discuss law enforcement policy issues and a second time, briefly, for him to say goodbye in late 2016.

I can recall nine one-on-one conversations with President Trump in four months -- three in person and six on the phone.
Comey was appointed to Director FBI in September 2013.

It seems that by convention, the President is not supposed to be one-on-one-ing with the FBI Director.

But everyone makes excuses for Republicans in general, and Trump in particular.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 77161.html
Donald Trump is a sociopath and I fear he's losing his mind, says former US Labor Secretary
‘We know he's a sociopath, but he seems to be growing worse’

Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith
The president 'now lives within himself, which is a dangerous place for Donald Trump to be' AP
A former US cabinet member has said he fears Donald Trump is “losing his mind” and argues it is time to consider his removal from office.

Robert Reich, the author and chancellor’s professor of public policy at the University of California, Berkley, is the former Labor Secretary to President Bill Clinton. He argues that it is “now time to seriously consider the 25th Amendment to the Constitution, which provides for removal of a president who is ‘unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office’.”

Section four of the 25th Amendment allows Congress to form a body that can evaluate whether the president is fit for office, and remove him without impeaching him.

READ MORE
Donald Trump's sons back his barbed attacks on Sadiq Khan
“I fear the man is losing his mind,” Mr Reich wrote. “Today Trump attacked Democrats (whom he called ‘Obstructionists!’), the Mayor of London (whom he derided as ‘pathetic’), and the judicial system (which he termed ‘slow and political!’).”

Prime Minister Theresa May has faced calls to scrap Mr Trump’s planned visit to the UK following his comments about London Mayor Sadiq Khan in the wake of the London terror attack.

Mr Reich also claimed Mr Trump attacked his own justice department for the “watered down, politically correct” version of his executive order to the Supreme Court.

The President tweeted that the order stopping people entering the US from seven Muslim-majority countries is a “travel ban”, while his legal team have been attempting to make the case that it is not.
p
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Yagnasri wrote:Someone misappropriated my Golden Monkey words and just translated them into Hindi. Khanlandi yak farmers are too eeevil. :mrgreen:
We steal only the best. Thanks. Wouldn't dream of calling someone a m...key. :mrgreen:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I look at SeeEnnEnn and conclude that the Indian media are waaaaay too uncritical and nationalistic.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/arti ... -two-weeks
In Trump’s White House, Everything’s Coming in ‘Two Weeks’
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/ar ... es/529554/
The starkest false promise has been taxes. “We’re going to be announcing something I would say over the next two or three weeks,” Trump said of tax reform in early February. Eleven weeks later, in late April, the White House finally released a tax proposal. It was hardly one page long.

Arriving nine weeks late, the document was so vague that tax analysts marveled that they couldn’t even say how it would work. Even its authors are confused: Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin has repeatedly declined to say whether the plan will cut taxes on the rich, even though cutting taxes on the rich is ostensibly the centerpiece. Perhaps it’s because he needs more help: None of the key positions for making domestic tax policy have been filled. There is no assistant secretary for tax policy, nor deputy assistant secretary for tax analysis, according to the Treasury Department.

Once again, the simplest summary of White House tax policy is: There is no plan. There isn’t even a complete staff to compose one.
The story is slightly different for the White House budget, but no more favorable. The budget suffers, not from a lack of details, but from a failure of numeracy that speaks to the administration’s indifference toward serious public policy. The authors double-counted a projected benefit from higher GDP growth, leading to $2 trillion math error, perhaps the largest ever in a White House proposal. The plan included hundreds of billions of dollars in revenue from the estate tax, which appears to be another mistake, since the White House has separately proposed eliminating it.

Does the president’s budget represent what the president’s policies will be? It should, after all. But asked this very question, Mick Mulvaney, the director of the Office of Management and Budget, made perhaps the strangest claim of all: “I wouldn’t take what’s in the budget as indicative of what our proposals are,” he said.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ad/529551/

The Death of Kansas's Conservative Experiment

Republicans in the state legislature on Tuesday voted to reverse Governor Sam Brownback’s signature tax cuts, dealing a blow to the kind of fiscal policy the Trump administration wants to enact nationally.
The nation’s most aggressive experiment in conservative economic policy is dead.

Republican majorities in the Kansas legislature on Tuesday night voted to reverse the deep tax cuts engineered by Governor Sam Brownback five years ago, blaming them for blowing a hole in the state’s budget that threatened the viability of its schools and infrastructure. Brownback, a conservative first elected in 2010 on a platform of phasing out Kansas’s income tax entirely, stood by his vision even in spite of an electoral backlash last year. But a coalition of Democrats and newly-elected Republicans overrode his veto of legislation to raise $1.2 billion in revenue by hiking personal income taxes and repealing a widely-criticized exemption for small-business owners. Tax rates will now go up to levels near where they were before Brownback took office.

The stark shift in policy was months, if not years, in the making. Lawmakers in the GOP-controlled House and Senate came within a few votes of undoing the tax cuts in February as lawmakers searched for revenue to plug a nearly $900 million two-year budget gap and meet a court order demanding more funding for education.

For Brownback, a former senator and one-time presidential hopeful, the vote was nothing less than a humiliation. He had hailed his tax cuts as “a real live experiment” in conservative governance and offered them up as a model for other states and the Trump administration. Instead, they left him as the most unpopular governor in the country, who was reportedly casting about for a federal posting that would allow him to escape Topeka before the legislature could eviscerate his legacy. “The Brownback experiment didn’t work. We saw that loud and clear,” said Heidi Holliday, executive director of the Kansas Center for Economic Growth.
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

A_Gupta wrote:https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/arti ... -two-weeks
In Trump’s White House, Everything’s Coming in ‘Two Weeks’
This is US version of Achche Din.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

my prediction is US deep state will launch a vitriolic attack on Namo during his visit, on various fronts . namo will not forget this.

this will be the opening bell of a very poor period of indo-US relations.

we will emerge from the tunnel around 2025 , wearing our usual langoti, but in our hands will be deployed A5 telars, deployed sub based K4+ , ULV with SC200, deployed nirbhays, a range of locally made seekers and a very robust economy.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

GD, I agree 100% with that assessment.