Understanding US thread-III

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: Understanding US thread-III

Post by ramana »

We have Positive news thread.

Kamala Harris was District Attorney for San Francisco and later Attorney general of California
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

racism was invented so that those that were powerful at a particular point in time (middle ages) could "work around" the problem of their religion asking people to be treated fairly.

with racism, anything went with treatment of the untermensch and we see the takeover of 3 continents from their original inhabitants (both the americas and australia) and exploitation of africa and asia - which had too many people to drive into the reservation and had immunity to smallpox.

what we see in parts ... same phenomenon...as in "I have a higher value rigged currency to buy all the stuff my family never needs, but its your fault that my employer is struggling and cannot afford my inflated std of living anymore"
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Jeff Sessions calls accusations of Russia collusion an 'appalling lie'
Attorney general gives fiery rebuttal in testimony to Senate intelligence committee about his contacts with Russian ambassador

Julian Borger in Washington
Tuesday 13 June 2017 21.17 BST Last modified on Wednesday 14 June 2017 02.26 BST
The US attorney general, Jeff Sessions, has rejected allegations that he took part in collusion with Moscow to influence the 2016 election as an “appalling and detestable lie”.

In a heated, often testy hearing of the Senate intelligence committee, Sessions refused to answer questions about his discussions with Donald Trump, on the grounds that the president could claim executive privilege over those discussions at a later date.

Under persistent questioning from Democratic senators, the attorney general repeatedly claimed he could not recall details of contacts between the Trump campaign and Russian officials.

And in a startling admission from the country’s top justice official, he said he had not received, nor had he asked for, a briefing on Russian intervention in the 2016 presidential election. He said he could not recall any conversations with Trump about the Russian role in the election throughout the transition period.
Analysis 'Nervous' Jeff Sessions' attempt at Trump-like bravado falls flat

Over the course of more than two and a half hours, Sessions faced a hail of questions about his meetings with the Russian ambassador to Washington during the campaign, his recusal from inquiries over possible collusion between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin, and his role in the firing of the FBI director, James Comey.

At one point, Sessions, formerly a senator for Alabama, complained: “I’m not able to be rushed this fast. It makes me nervous.”

Some of the most heated exchanges were over his refusal to talk about White House conversations on the Russia investigation and Comey’s dismissal on 9 May, even though Trump has not invoked executive privilege. Democrats on the committee reminded Sessions he was under oath.

“You are obstructing this congressional investigation by not answering these questions,” Martin Heinrich, a Democratic senator from New Mexico, warned him.

Sessions insisted: “I am not stonewalling. I am following the historic practices of the department of justice.”
Sessions testifies before the committee. He refused to answer questions about his private discussions with Donald Trump.
Facebook Twitter Pinterest

A justice department official later confirmed that “declining to answer questions at a congressional hearing about confidential conversations with the president is long-standing executive-branch-wide practice,” citing a 1982 justice department memorandum. The memorandum gives the president the right to invoke executive privilege to cover “military, diplomatic or national security secrets” and a more limited privilege in keeping law enforcement investigations secret.

So far Trump has not invoked executive privilege, but Sessions argued the president could do so at a later date.

“I am protecting the right of the president to assert it if he chooses, and there may be other privileges that apply,’’ he said. “At this point, I believe it’s premature for me to deny the president a full and intelligent choice about executive privilege.’’

The frustration of the Democrats on the committee turned to disbelief when Sessions said that since being sworn in as attorney general in February, he had not received a briefing on Russian meddling in the 2016 election, despite a consensus among US intelligence agencies that it represented a significant security threat.

“You never asked about it?” Angus King, an independent, asked.
“No,” Sessions admitted.

Rod Rosenstein: 'no secret plan' to fire special counsel in Trump-Russia inquiry
At the outset of the hearing, Sessions delivered a prepared statement denying any contacts with Russian officials about the campaign.

“I have never met with or had any conversation with any Russians or any foreign officials concerning any kind of interference in any campaign in the United States,” Sessions told the senators. “I have no knowledge of any conversations held along those lines by anybody in the Trump campaign.”

He added, his voice rising in indignation: “I was your colleague in this body for 20 years, and the suggestion that I participated in any collusion or that I was aware of any collusion with the Russian government to hurt this country, which I have served with honor for over 35 years, or to undermine the integrity of our democratic process, is an appalling and detestable lie.”

At his confirmation hearing on 10 January, Sessions told the Senate: “I did not have communications with the Russians,” a claim that was later proved untrue when the Washington Post revealed he had had two meetings with the Russian ambassador to the US, Sergey Kislyak, during the campaign.

Sessions argued that his statement at the confirmation hearing was not a lie because of the context in which it was made, under questioning by the Democratic senator Al Franken of Minnesota about collusion.

“He asked me a rambling question that included dramatic new allegations that the United States intelligence community had advised President-elect Trump that ‘there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump’s surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government’,” Sessions said. “I was taken aback by these explosive allegations, which he said were being reported in breaking news that day. I wanted to refute immediately any suggestion that I was a part of such an activity.”

He said his two meetings with Kislyak in July 2016, on the margins of the Republican convention and in September in his Senate office, had been routine and among many such encounters with foreign officials as a senator. Sessions said he raised the issue of Ukraine with the ambassador, but could not recall mention of Syria or Russian interference in the US election.

He flatly denied recent reports that he had had a third meeting with Kislyak in Washington’s Mayflower hotel in April 2016.

“I did not have any private meetings, nor do I recall any private conversations, with any Russian officials at the Mayflower hotel,” Sessions said. “I attended a reception with my staff that included at least two dozen people and President Trump. I did not have any recollection of meeting or talking to the Russian ambassador. If any brief interaction occurred in passing, I do not remember it.”

Democratic Senator Kamala Harris questions Jeff Sessions during his more than two-and-a-half-hour testimony. Photograph: UPI / Barcroft Images
Asked about other reported contacts between members of the Trump campaign and Russian officials, the attorney general repeatedly replied he could not recall any.

Sessions said that the reason he recused himself on 2 March was in line with justice department regulations that require recusal by an official from any investigation into a campaign in which that official participated.

As for the dismissal of Comey as FBI director on 9 May, he said he had raised his concerns about Comey’s performance in handling the investigation of Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server even before his confirmation as attorney general in February. When it was pointed out that the Trump campaign had previously applauded Comey’s behaviour, Sessions said that looking at it from the point of view of the justice department had given him a different perspective.

Analysis Why Donald Trump can't fire his way out of 'Russia thing' this time
Appointment of Robert Mueller to investigate Kremlin collusion bypasses president and demonstrates seriousness of the allegations against his circle
Read more
In the run-up to Trump’s shock decision to fire Comey in May, it was reported that Sessions had come up with the reason for getting rid of him. The White House claimed that the president came to his decision after concerns about Comey’s performance were raised by Sessions and his deputy, Rod Rosenstein, who wrote a critical appraisal of Comey focusing on his handling of the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server.

However, Trump appeared to contradict that rationale in a television interview and in a reported Oval Office conversation with Kislyak and the Russian foreign minister, Sergei Lavrov, on 10 May, in which he suggested he had decided to get rid of Comey because of the Russia investigation. If that version is true, it would strengthen the case that the FBI director’s dismissal amounted to obstruction of justice, in which Sessions could be an accomplice.

Trump told NBC “that Russia thing” had played a part in his decision.

“In fact when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said: ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won’,” Trump told Lester Holt. :mrgreen:
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

There has been a shooting incident at a baseball practice game attended by Republican Congressmen in Virginia Park. Over 50 shots fired. looks like targeted incident as the victims were asked whether they were Democrats or Republicans before it started.
The #3 Republican got hit in the hip and many staffers got shot. The shooter is arrested.

Hope its not a political hate crime.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

The attacker said to be a white male. So may not be a hate crime. Maybe some gun crazy militia fellow. Of course, we can never rule out white peaceful. Such people will escape as security profiling will not easily note such white peaceful. Early days yet.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Yagnasri wrote:The attacker said to be a white male. So may not be a hate crime. Maybe some gun crazy militia fellow. Of course, we can never rule out white peaceful. Such people will escape as security profiling will not easily note such white peaceful. Early days yet.
How can it be a hate crime. The shooter was a white man. Everybody knows whites and Christians are not capable of hate crimes. Only browns, blacks, etc. commit hate crimes.

Sometimes I look at the Republican Hindus, and I note their wretchedly invertebrate compulsion to worship white skin. I observe their avid support of Republican evanjehadi fanatics, who would love to use the tax dollars paid by Hindu Americans to convert their children and grandchildren to Christianity.

And I wonder why these so-called "RW" Republican Hindus didn't just stay at home and support Sonia Gandhi. They would have stood for the same "principles", and achieved the same results, in the end.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

See. I am glad that US law enforcement and judiciary have gotten over the libtard political correctness of the Obama years, and started treating white people with the presumption that (no matter what they did or said) they must be decent human beings.

Neo-Nazi with explosive materials, framed picture of Timothy McVeigh deemed “not a threat” and granted bail
http://www.salon.com/2017/06/13/neo-naz ... nted-bail/
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Guns don't kill ppl.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Turns out the attacker worked for Bernie Sanders campaign.

Bernie Sanders was informed and tweeted it.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

This article is Psy-Ops GOLD.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... cy/530244/

Summary:

1) An African-American Southern Baptist minister approached the Southern Baptist Convention (apex body of this soul-harvesting evangelical institution).

2) The African-American minister wanted the Southern Baptist Convention to adopt a resolution stating that they reject the overt White Supremacism and institutionalized racism of the Trump Republican party and its adherents, particularly on the so-called "alt right".

3) Issuing a statement drenched in the slimiest of hypocrisies, the Southern Baptist Convention declined to adopt it! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
“We were very aware that on this issue, feelings rightly run high regarding alt-right ideology,” said Barrett Duke, the head of the resolutions committee, in an interview on Wednesday morning. “We share those feelings … We just weren’t certain we could craft a resolution that would enable us to measure our strong convictions with the grace of love, which we’re also commended by Jesus to incorporate.” :shock: :roll: :lol: :rotfl: The resolutions committee did not reach out to McKissic (the African-American pastor who brought the resolution forward) ahead of the meeting to work on a revised version of the resolution, Duke said.
We MUST archive this piece and use it whenever the Evanjehadis (and their Kancha Ilaiah, John Dayal type proxies) try to attack India on Human Rights and Religious Freedom, or Hinduism over its "treatment of minorities, lower castes and Dah-leets." Whether at the USCIRF, or on social media, or any other venue. Tweet it to that Richard Fox Young pervert right now!!!

Here is a bonus piece of ammunition. It tells us that the Southern Baptist church, which is the single largest and wealthiest Evangelical Xtian organization in the USA, was founded for the very purpose of explicitly supporting enslavement of African-Americans by White people!
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... sm/389808/
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Uh oh, too bad. Looks like Southern Baptist Convention did adopt the resolution after all, with "tweaks" and modifications, today. However their initial reluctance (and history of supporting slavery) remain on the record as useful data points.
Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

There was a recent thread on the demise/collapse of the USA...cant seem to find it ?...anyone know where it disappeared.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Wapo
The special counsel overseeing the investigation into Russia’s role in the 2016 election is interviewing senior intelligence officials as part of a widening probe that now includes an examination of whether President Trump attempted to obstruct justice, officials said.

The move by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III to investigate Trump’s conduct marks a major turning point in the nearly year-old FBI investigation, which until recently focused on Russian meddling during the presidential campaign and on whether there was any coordination between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin. Investigators have also been looking for any evidence of possible financial crimes among Trump associates, officials said.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Turns out the attacker worked for Bernie Sanders campaign.
Bernie Sanders was informed and tweeted it.
Has the inevitable great american class warfare begun?!
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

^ If you stop to think about this from a Malloostani perspective, it is beyond hilarious, no pun intended. The Left Commyoonists Maoists (China-backed), along with the Muslim League (KSA-bought ones) are attacking the Right Commyoonist (Russia-backed). And all of them are 400% crooks. This is just like a standard Kerala Politburo meeting. Now if they start stabbing each other, or the Naxalites come in (Boxer, Harris, Pelosi) it will get more interesting. The most extreme thieves are the Kerala Kangress and the Kangress, represented by Palin, Cruz, McConnell.

Alabama Senator being asked if he is an agint of the KGB :rotfl: Remember that J. Edgar Hoover spent half his life trying to prove that Martin Luther King etc were Commie agints...
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

They simply hate pyara golden monkey. See how well it dances. No moves can be predicted. So many jump Jilani tricks. Yet they hate it. It used to hate panda lizard. Now it loves it. It said that peacock is beautiful and now say it is stealing golden hair. It used to hate other monkeys on the trees next to its tree are eating its food. Not anymore. Not going to stop brown monkeys jumping onto golden tree now.

In spite of all that they hate the golden monkey.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Pistols vs. rifle.

A good time to remember how a very few Indian policemen and women went with lathis and whatever against carload of trained paki assasins with AK-47s and bombs. Whether in India or Iraq or Syria or England or America, the heroism of the street police people is absolutely awesome.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Dipanker wrote:Has the inevitable great american class warfare begun?!
one shooting and you are out with that?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

rsangram
BRFite

Post by rsangram »

There seems to be an ethnic cleansing of sorts going on in Middle America, which has really picked up steam since Trump's election. I have not conducted a study, but I will speak anecdotally and from talking to multitudes of affected peoples and readings.

For almost 400 years, the US has been a brutal country for non whites, based on several original sins, each one more brutal than the other. First, it was the native American genocide, followed by the largest land and resource grab in history, which can never be replicated, ever. This was ostensibly done under the false narrative of " a few savages sprinkled across empty land", implying of course that the Europeans basically found an empty continent to colonize, and the few people who were sprinkled across the land were more or less savages. This blatantly false and sinister "empty land" theory has only now been starting to be discredited, with recent research in IVY league universities proving that there may have been as many as 200 million native Americans living in North and Central America at the time that Columbus arrived in America.

The next original sin, of course was slavery. This has long been justified by the theory of racial superiority and when that theory was demolished, by the theory that a lot of the slave hunters in Africa were themselves African and black. Slavery was so ingrained in American culture that Americans actually fought a civil war as late as in 1865, not to preserve slavery in the South, as is commonly believed (slavery in the Confederate States was never under threat, in fact, it was not even questioned), but over the issue of whether slavery will be expanded to the new Western States which were carved out of the territory stolen from Mexico during the American Mexican war of 1849.

Then when slavery was officially abolished by Lincoln, within 20 years, Americans, particularly in the South, had enacted brutal Jim Crow laws, which created separate everything for the blacks - separate neighborhoods, separate schools, separate restaurants, separate hotels, all separate, blacks having to sit at the back of a bus, brutal and suffocating Jim Crow laws, which lasted until 1964-65, when Lyndon Johnson through sheer will of a zealous convert, single handedly herded the US congress into passing the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts.

1965 also saw the elimination of Whites only immigration policy that had been in existence in the US up until then in the form of the Immigration Act of 1965, spearheaded by Sen Edward "Ted" Kennedy of the famous Kennedy clan. Yes, as late as 1965. And Ted Kennedy had to blatantly lie to the Congress and the American people that passing this Act will "not have any impact whatsoever, on the future demographics of our great country", meaning that the White to non White ratio will not change, in order to get this act passed . Prior to 1965, in addition to having Whites only immigration policy, the United States government had a thuggish record against non white immigrants such as the Chinese Exclusion Act, of 1872, whereby the US government declared illegal and deported tens, some say, hundreds of thousands of Chinese, that the US had imported in mid 1800s to build the Continental Railroad, connecting the US from coast to coast. It was a familiar old story. The work was so dangerous that there was a great shortage of white Americans wanting to do the job, so the US imported labor from China to do build the bridges and tunnels. Once the rail roads were built, the US promptly passed the Asian Exclusion Act and deported them all, and in the process, again, legally, under the Act, confiscated all their property, before deporting them.

Since the 1800s, numerous brutal wars overseas, treating of the entire continent of South America, as practically their colony, including attacking and stealing almost half of Mexico, colonization of the Philipines, occupying and then annexation of Hawaii, marked other serious sins that the Americans indulged in, or wallowed in. And these are only a few examples.

Not to mention massive discrimination against the non whites, severe "othering" of the non whites, regular lynchings of African Americans, now replaced by regular police killings of African Americans on almost a weekly, if not daily basis, massive incarceration of African American males and I can go on and on and on, on the original sins. I have not even mentioned the internment of Japanese Americans during World War II.

Going back to 1964-65. With the passage of the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts, which essentially dismantled the infra-structure upon which Jim Crow stood, now legally at least, there was no separation of neighborhoods, schools, public facilities, job opportunities etc. In fact Lyndon Johnson put some remedial and pro-active policies in place to "make up" for years of discrimination, none of them as drastic as reservations in India, but nevertheless ground breaking by American standards. This coupled with the fact that now the country started accepting non white immigrants from all over the world, created an impression around the world of America being a country, nay, an experiment like no other in history, which not only had a constitution which said "All Men are created equal", but that the country was actually attempting to hold true to that creed, like no other country had done before. The fact that America was rich beyond anybody's imagination, further elevated the three narratives of "American Experience", "American Experiment", and "American Exceptionalism" to new levels. And the fact that the rest of the European world was still only trying to emerge economically from the ravages of World War II, and with massive American Aid in the form of the Marshall Plan, and the non white world was still "third world", strongly accentuated the contrast between America and everybody else and spotlighted the US as something mythical, something magical and something unprecedented.

In actuality too, starting around 1965 until the election of Reagan in 1980, certain social revolution did take place within the US, which while it did not attain Nirvana by any means, actually made America exceptional. This by no means, means that some nasty things were not going on simultaneously inside and outside the US, perpetuated by Americans, but those nasty things had always been going on in America since its inception and even prior, but what was new was that there were some actual positive things that were happening too. Giant steps were taken in civil rights, transforming the lives of millions of women, non white immigrants, Hispanic immigrants (legal and illegal), people of different orientations of all kinds and even African Americans (in relation to where they were prior). There definitely was a certain sense of openness and open skies, where "All" seemed within the reach of people of any race or gender. Still far from genuine equality, but there were some lanes open, to even African Americans to succeed, if they travelled those lanes.

In fact the country had completely and utterly transformed between 1964 and 1980. The country looked different, thanks to the 1965 immigration act, at least in major urban areas - coastal areas, it felt different, it smelt different and the total and ubiquitous "white culture", for the first time was infused with non white memes. To a non white this change was long overdue and too little too late, but to the majority white community, particularly those who lived in small town and middle America, this was very alarming and threatening. Still, the momentum was towards more openness and more equality, until the mid 70s, when finally, first Europe and then some non European countries started to emerge as potent economies and now Americans did not feel like they had that huge of an edge economically over at least these other emerging countries, as they did before. This coupled with some severe recessions within, and the already felt resentments and cultural threats, created a backlash in the 1980s election, bringing the old school regressionist, you can almost call him a segregationist, Ronald Reagan to power.

Reagan, however, could not by himself, even given his eight years in power and tremendous popularity, reverse the 15 odd years of massive social advancements made in the area of civil rights completely. But he did start the process of reversal and actually won some important victories for the white supremacists, but the remnant of the liberal American population still had just barely enough energy left to eke out a victory for Clinton but not for Gore. But the energy was now clearly on the White supremacist side, and Clinton was hounded from day one in office, by his conservative foes. If it wasn't white water, it was travel gate, if it wasn't that, it was the "murder" of Vince Foster, if it wasn't that, it was any number of women he had sex with, if it wasn't that, it was Monika Lewinsky. Clinton eventually got impeached by the US house, only saved by a few liberal Republican votes in the Senate.

Then it was George Bush the second. It took a completely disastrous presidency of George Bush, where he bankrupted the country by going into Iraq and Afghanistan, without winning either wars, and driving the country into a depression, that allowed the waning liberals in America a brief reprieve in the form of Obama, before the completely spent and weakened liberals were easily swept aside by the sunami of years of pent up resentments, frustrations, backlash and literally hate for the non white or the "other", which was tapped into very well by an uncouth and vile Donald Trump.

With his election, the white supremacist majority of America, particularly in what are known as the states of Middle America, were free to express their hate. Years of bottled up hate, now came out, in social media, in the restaurants, on the streets, on the subways, in the parks, in stores, in the malls, in supermarkets, in schools, and yes even in the workplace. All this hate has instilled fear and put terror in the hearts of the non whites, in these states. Constant hate, supplemented by incidents of bullying, violence and even murder, have resulted in massive self deportation of illegal immigrants and the almost complete shutdown of new illegal immigrant arrivals in the US. This is well documented, that now there is a net migration out of US to Central and South America.

But there has also been a chilling effect on legal immigrants, including non white US citizens. Anecdotally, entire states in Middle America such as Kansas, Missouri, some Southern and other Midwestern States are seeing massive exodus of Indian immigrants. This is happening quietly, as the governmental agencies obviously have no interest in publicizing this ethnic cleansing and the Indian immigrant population, keeping in line completely with the Indian character of "making no waves", quietly decides to leave, by not only not making waves but also avoiding the press or profile, which can highlight these events. Even more chilling is the fact that these US states have now become notorious and therefore, very unattractive destinations for new or old immigrants who may have ever contemplated moving to those States at all. So, essentially, coupled with the ethnic cleansing of existing immigrants, there is an obvious chill in new entrants going into these States.

In addition, there is also anecdotal corroboration of the notion that now people from India and other non white countries are not as inclined or interested in moving to the US, as they earlier were. This may have a lot to do with increasing opportunities at home, but eruption or re-eruption of hate in America may have been the straw that broke the camel's back. There may still be some desperados in countries such as India who may want to migrate, but US now is no more of an attractive destination for Indians than say the UK or Canada or Australia or Germany.

For those of us, who thought, that the developments in the US between 1964 and 1980, the momentum and positive effects of which continued until 2016 elections, redeemed the Americans from all their original sins such as Native American genocide, Slavery and others that I mention above, and that America was on its way to becoming a truly exceptional nation, have now begun to reconsider that notion. I for one feel that sadly, America between 1964 and 1980 and perhaps even until 2016, while far, far from perfect, was still an anomaly, a small positive blip, before the country will now, forever, at least for the forseeable future, revert back to its norm - a brutal and highly racially unequal country, even a practically unlivable country for anyone non white, that it has been for four hundred years, prior to 1964.

Ironically, though, despite all the rhetoric against the Muslims in American, the only immigrant community that has escaped relatively unscathed, either by violence or ethnic cleansing, has been the Muslim community living in America, as a lot of them can pass of as white, while the Indians, to an average American, "looks like a Muslim". At least that is the theory, for the reasons why.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Bro Sangramji, take heart. Indians were specifically included in the Asian Exclusion. In fact much more viciously than the Chinese.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

as I already said the fat tail of indic migration into massa is over for the next phase atleast. oldies can rest/vest in peace in the promised land. locking the door behind them was anyway what a section wanted.
rsangram
BRFite

Post by rsangram »

UlanBatori wrote:Bro Sangramji, take heart. Indians were specifically included in the Asian Exclusion. In fact much more viciously than the Chinese.
I did not know that. Thanks for pointing this out.

I did not think there were more than a handful of indian (mainly Sikhs) in the YUS in 1872, when Asian Exclusion Act was passed. But I can be wrong.

Can you elaborate more on how the Asian Exclusion Act affected the Indians and how many Indian ?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

how did the parents of the bose founder who were doctors in philadelphia make it into the promised land so early?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

ok I get it - his mother was american. he was born in 1929 in amrika.

Bose was born in a Bengali Hindu family and raised in Philadelphia to a Bengali father, Noni Gopal Bose and an American mother, Charlotte. His father was an Indian freedom revolutionary[3] who, having been imprisoned for his political activities, fled Bengal in the 1920s in order to avoid further persecution by the British colonial police.[4] His mother, Charlotte, is described as an American schoolteacher of French and German ancestry,[5] but Bose described her as "more Bengali than me. She was a vegetarian and deeply interested in Vedanta and Hindu philosophy
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

i have heard of indian crewmen on merchant ships docking in the US in later decades of 1800s and early decades of 1900s going out of port and settling mainly in NYC area. since marrying whites was not feasible, they mostly married into the african and west indian community and disappeared under the radar.

obviously these were small penny packets and dont count as legal migration.

read this https://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/201 ... o-america/
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

i can imagine what kind of hardships these men went through...vs the iit trained mutus on full schols who started coming over in the 1960s despite tall claims and war stories of making it big with onlee $10 in pocket lol.
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

Singha wrote:as I already said the fat tail of indic migration into massa is over for the next phase atleast. oldies can rest/vest in peace in the promised land. locking the door behind them was anyway what a section wanted.
Singha ji, I know you are an IT professional, but in thermodynamics, the process of immigration can be explained.

There's "isentropic process" which is an ideal process (just like immigration process). It's reversible process. But in reality the isentropic process doesn't exist. So when the immigration is very insignificant, it gives an illusion of an isentropic process which can be reversed, but the last 10 years have been critical, the immigration from India is showing it's true colours of "irreversible process". It's called "adiabatic process".

The more you try to reverse the process, the more and more you realize that the process is irreversible, that is what is happening right now.

Heck, even the randomness (Entropy) is increasing in the universe itself, how the immigration process can be reversed? It's impossible.

The Japanese and Chinese know the adiabatic nature of immigration. That's the reason they always shut the door for immigration into themselves, wise people.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Apparently, numerous Indians who were on H1B have been impacted recently...people who got laid off have been unable to get rehired etc. I am yet to hear of anyone getting affected personally. Most of the people I know who are not greened are walking on egg shells but they seem to be willing to hang on in hope that shells won't crack. I am not even hearing about increased R2I etc...probably due to the fact that job scene in India itself sucks right now.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

i was just wondering numerous US allies ordering F15's with AESA(US has upgraded only 43 F-15C's with AESA) from South Korea, Singapore, Qatar, Saudi and many of these AESA equipped F-15's will be based in the continental USA itself whether the USAF is not fully convinced about the F-35 yet. The F-22 can be tip of the spear but can't do serious bombing with its internal Bomb bays whether.

1. USAF is waiting till about 2025 to see whether F-35's fully come online and are combat ready

2. In the meantime Foreign funded AESA F-15's are manufactured keeping the F-15 line running as well as the Aircraft easily accessible to USAF in case an enemy bigger than a LIBYA but armed like say Saddam in Gulf War I needs to be tackled.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Well usaf usn usmc already has 200 jsf. Too big to fail. It will be fixed..the airframe due to no external stores and powerful engine can climb and sprint like a f16 albeit not turn as agile.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

rsangram wrote:
UlanBatori wrote:Bro Sangramji, take heart. Indians were specifically included in the Asian Exclusion. In fact much more viciously than the Chinese.
I did not know that. Thanks for pointing this out.
I did not think there were more than a handful of indian (mainly Sikhs) in the YUS in 1872, when Asian Exclusion Act was passed. But I can be wrong.
Can you elaborate more on how the Asian Exclusion Act affected the Indians and how many Indian ?
The more I see on that, the worse it was. Just like the "North America was all uninhabited except for some 500 million buffalo and 200 million savages" thing.
There were many Indians who were also brought in on the famous Western Railroad. And then there were really savage Laws and Judges who deemed Indians to be sub-human. I think this went on essentially until 1965. Yes, many of them were Sikhs, but I bet not all. If I remember where I saw the latest writeup, I will post.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Tennessee: Beware Of Homeowners!
The homeowner called his neighbor and both men, each armed with a gun, confronted the fugitives.
Having lost their weapons in the crash, Dubose and Rowe surrendered, authorities said.
"I can't say enough about the bravery of the homeowner, and what they took on, the wherewithal to call us and give us the information so we could get over there and apprehend these two subjects," Fitzhugh said.
As of Thursday, authorities had not discussed any charges against the fugitives. Prior to their arrest, they had said that at least one of them shot and killed the officers.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

"I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director! Witch Hunt"

I wonder who it was that undermined that story of "Dy AG told me to fire Comey" :lol:
rahulm
BRFite

Post by rahulm »

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Dem fellers that the Tennessee homeowners caught look like Reds - Russkies if ever I done seen eeny of dem. Hackers, by the look of dem.
Avtar Singh
BRFite

Post by Avtar Singh »

The designer of the F16, name escapes me, was saying that JSF is a dud.. just like F111 was a dud..
many will be ordered to save face and then it will be killed
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

^Shhhh!! Whare is Brarji, hain?
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

UlanBatori wrote:^Shhhh!! Whare is Brarji, hain?
To escape brar ji's continuous gyan preaching mode only, people are now discussing us weapons in understanding the us thread. Lets hope he doesnt find this thread too.