Understanding US thread-III

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding US thread-III

Post by TSJones »

UlanBatori wrote:
Singha wrote:Waiter in posh l.a restaurant refuses to serve 4 hispanic women without proof of residency

http://m.ndtv.com/world-news/california ... topstories

This jeenius was simply acting like an Officer of the State of Arizona or Gorgia, where one has to Prove Legal Residence to get any State or Local Service. For example, to get a Bijnej license renewed, the bijnej must get a Notarized Affidavit that the CFO is a Citjen Lawfool Rejident. Republican Paperwork/Bureaucracy Reduction at Work: in the past they also demanded documented proof. EVERY YEAR. :roll:
a lot of minorities never tip.

the waiter was prolly trying to get rid of them.

white women some times tip and sometimes don't. it's a real pain some times.

however you can always rely on white guys to tip with only a few exceptions.

I know of restaurant staff that refuse to work on african american fraternity weekends at the local beach city near me.

it's not worth it when tips are part of your wages and the restaurant only pays sub minimum wages. yes, the employer can legally do that on a tips job. it can mean you are working for sub minimum wages the whole weekend for some minorities. so its exit,,,,stage left.
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

TSJones wrote:
UlanBatori wrote:
This jeenius was simply acting like an Officer of the State of Arizona or Gorgia, where one has to Prove Legal Residence to get any State or Local Service. For example, to get a Bijnej license renewed, the bijnej must get a Notarized Affidavit that the CFO is a Citjen Lawfool Rejident. Republican Paperwork/Bureaucracy Reduction at Work: in the past they also demanded documented proof. EVERY YEAR. :roll:
a lot of minorities never tip.

the waiter was prolly trying to get rid of them.

white women some times tip and sometimes don't. it's a real pain some times.

however you can always rely on white guys to tip with only a few exceptions.

I know of restaurant staff that refuse to work on african american fraternity weekends at the local beach city near me.

it's not worth it when tips are part of your wages and the restaurant only pays sub minimum wages. yes, the employer can legally do that on a tips job. it can mean you are working for sub minimum wages the whole weekend for some minorities. so its exit,,,,stage left.
Discrimination based on prejudice has been a long-standing goal of the modern day Republican Party. It is termed freedom of association. Allowing such discrimination is a key goal of the Trump Administration. And it doesn't just apply to Muslims and Hispanics and African Americans.

Many restaurant owners dislike Hindus patrons. They don't order high profit margin items like alcohol and steak. They waste wait staff time asking questions about how the broccoli was cooked. And they don't tip. Restaurant owners dread their place being swamped with H1-B types ordering two veggie appetizers and coke with no ice.

Landlords hate leasing office space to Hindu professionals. They will avoid paying the rent and will likely have a relative who is a clever lawyer who can fight any eviction in court. Same with car dealers and expensive cars. Hindus will find some fault with it and will have a relative who can fight in court to get the lease terminated.

Religious, God fearing Americans shouldn't have to share hospital rooms with Hindus and their heathen worship practices. Surely, there should be separate but equal hospital rooms based on religion.

These are some of the biggest threats facing America and we can be thankful that the Trump Administration will finally address these concerns.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

"A lot of minorities don't tip"

There speaks the voice of clear logic and reason.

The only ppl I know who actually tip 20% (other than myself who learned from there) is a desi doc. Per her sis, that is because she can't do complex calculations like 15%. May be the same reason why many Gawd-Fiyaring Real Americans have no clue how much they tip. Eat for $50, leave a tip of %2, yup, that's a straight 20 percent right there!!

BTW, in the same spirit of clear logic, I would say that most white Americans don't tip Minority waiters fairly. They may leave 10% for the blonde waitress, poor hard-working mother and all, and leave $0.50 for the "Mexican" mother. Logic only, no prejudice at all. Harrumph!! She cyaint even speak English without dem accent!!

I once went to a RoofTop Restaurant in Edmonton CA I think. Ordered my standard Coke instead of the whisky which the majority of good Grizzly-Fearing, Buffalo-Sized Canadians were swigging. Took maybe an hour for the waiters to come get our food order. Bonus was that we got to see the town about twice as the restaurant went round.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

here speaks the voice of clear logic and reason.
from your personal experience?

do you personally know any waiters at a non fast food restaurant?

well. I do.

and they have some very interesting observations about human nature and culture.

I know of one person who audits insurance companies during his day job and on weekends is waiter at major conventions. etc.

he says its a good way to get out and meet people.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 736437.cms

EAM statement in rajya sabha on hate crimes against indians
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

TSJones wrote:
here speaks the voice of clear logic and reason.

well. I do.

and they have some very interesting observations about human nature and culture.

I know of one person who audits insurance companies during his day job and on weekends is waiter at major conventions. etc.

he says its a good way to get out and meet people.
And public policy should be based on anecdotal evidence.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Texas is weird in that way. When Ted Cruz was the solicitor general. He made it legal for police officers to take away sex toys if found during other infractions of the law such as speeding. Cruz claimed that the people of Texas are not entitled to genital stimulation under the constitution.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/20/us/retire ... index.html

No comment... Oh, well. let me comment anyway. The guy is :(( :(( pretty loudly, isn't he?
His name is Hassan Bin Aden. Aden is in Yemen, a nation on the Banned List. Hassan is, well, a synonym of Hussain, which is what the ex-presidents of both Iraq and America. Would YOU feel safe if guys like those are not stopped and checked, hain?
about 25 "foreign nationals were also brought in and quickly released, their detentions were reasonable and appropriate, maybe 5 or so minutes while their passports were checked."
And why does the oiseule think that was "reasonable"?
"(bin) Aden told the CBP officer he was a former police chief and US citizen. But neither fact helped his case."
Oh, yeah! CBP officers should be trained to be obsequious if someone says:
I am the Queen of England
Last edited by UlanBatori on 20 Mar 2017 22:33, edited 2 times in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

well. I do.
No, I actually avoid meeting people at all costs. I stick to la-la-land.
er... I think one of the central precepts of civilization is that every human deserves to be treated on his/her own merits, not on what is called "PRE-judice". None of this "your kind are like that onlee" IOW. But then of course, one would have to be civilized to understand that.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

UlanBatori wrote:
well. I do.
No, I actually avoid meeting people at all costs. I stick to la-la-land.
er... I think one of the central precepts of civilization is that every human deserves to be treated on his/her own merits, not on what is called "PRE-judice". None of this "your kind are like that onlee" IOW. But then of course, one would have to be civilized to understand that.
yeah, I figured you didn't know or never knew any waiters or waitresses.

nice view from the ivied tower when issuing judgements, eh?

or should I call that "centers of conformity"?. :rotfl:

or "safe places" of refuge? :D

I gotta stop, I'm having too much fun. :)
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

^^^I do know people who are and were waiters and waitresses and what TSJ says is a lot of bunk.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

Mort Walker wrote: Cruz claimed that the people of Texas are not entitled to genital stimulation under the constitution.
perhaps those new microwave surveillance cameras could be used to police this important (unwritten) constitutional edict...?
Garooda
BRFite

Post by Garooda »

OT but one of the many day to day incidents that occur around the world that hopefully will help few folks understand some of the recent attack incidents in the US.
Manjunath snatched the key of their bike. When the girl and Santosh asked Manjunath to speak in English or Hindi, Manjunath abused them in foul language and slapped Santosh, police said. The complaint said the victim rushed to Santosh’s help, but was overpowered by a crowd which had gathered by then.

Some men pushed her and touched her inappropriately, she told the police. She started crying and pleaded to be allowed to go, but they continued to molest her, the complaint said.

Some in the crowd said it was better for the two to go back to where they came from, she told the police. Santosh snatched the key back and the two escaped, but were chased for a distance by a few men. After they reached a safe place, she called up her mother, who informed the police control room.“The mother was unable to give us the location as she did not know where they were. The girl then reached home, went to the Chikkajala police station and lodged a complaint,” said a senior police officer.
North_vs_South
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Could they see if Manjunath's bike was blue or red? Nah, never mind, it was too dark. Seems like Manjunath's musharraf though may be blue AND red by now. :shock:
Garooda
BRFite

Post by Garooda »

Diversion or Throw the 'bakraa' (after a mutual compromise between dems and republicans alike) under the bus or a indeed Government IT contractors did it?

Source 1
I'm not sure if that last sentence should be taken to refer to Congressional Democrats or the Pakistani Muslim IT brothers in their employ who are at the center of an access scandal. And a bunch of other scandals.
Awan ran technology for multiple House Democrats, and soon four of his relatives — including brothers Abid and Jamal — appeared on the payroll of dozens of other members, collecting $4 million in taxpayer funds since 2010.
You had Pakistanis with a backdoor to the systems of key figures who oversaw national security agencies. This is really bad. And yet keeping the investigation out of sight will bury it.
Source 2
Source 3
Source 4

Kill multiple birds (news buzz and other current events hounding both parties) using a third world paki or truely a paki doing? After all their name 'pops' up all over the world almost all the time on their way to meet the 72 :)
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

no kamments on comey's baat-cheet in front of congress...?
Y. Kanan
BRFite

Post by Y. Kanan »

komal wrote:Discrimination based on prejudice has been a long-standing goal of the modern day Republican Party. It is termed freedom of association. Allowing such discrimination is a key goal of the Trump Administration. And it doesn't just apply to Muslims and Hispanics and African Americans.

Many restaurant owners dislike Hindus patrons. They don't order high profit margin items like alcohol and steak. They waste wait staff time asking questions about how the broccoli was cooked. And they don't tip. Restaurant owners dread their place being swamped with H1-B types ordering two veggie appetizers and coke with no ice.

Landlords hate leasing office space to Hindu professionals. They will avoid paying the rent and will likely have a relative who is a clever lawyer who can fight any eviction in court. Same with car dealers and expensive cars. Hindus will find some fault with it and will have a relative who can fight in court to get the lease terminated.

Religious, God fearing Americans shouldn't have to share hospital rooms with Hindus and their heathen worship practices. Surely, there should be separate but equal hospital rooms based on religion.

These are some of the biggest threats facing America and we can be thankful that the Trump Administration will finally address these concerns.
This is from personal experience or hearsay? I never encountered such discrimination in the US. Outside of a few crazy rednecks that can't tell a muslim from a Sikh, I think the vast majority of Americans hold Hindus in pretty high regard. We're among the most law abiding of all groups (second only to Japanese) and our average per capital income is higher than any other group in the US (even Jews - whom we've managed to out-do without forming our own little mafia of favoritism. We did it fair and square.).
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

A must listen/watch/read program ...

Who and how funded Trump...

http://www.npr.org/2017/03/22/521083950 ... -for-years
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

Y. Kanan wrote:
komal wrote:Discrimination based on prejudice has been a long-standing goal of the modern day Republican Party. It is termed freedom of association. Allowing such discrimination is a key goal of the Trump Administration. And it doesn't just apply to Muslims and Hispanics and African Americans.

This is from personal experience or hearsay? I never encountered such discrimination in the US. Outside of a few crazy rednecks that can't tell a muslim from a Sikh, I think the vast majority of Americans hold Hindus in pretty high regard. We're among the most law abiding of all groups (second only to Japanese) and our average per capital income is higher than any other group in the US (even Jews - whom we've managed to out-do without forming our own little mafia of favoritism. We did it fair and square.).
Didnt TSJ sl(n)ide in a comment - minorities don't tip. So prejudice is certainly there. How widespread and how widespread in particular contexts of renting or restaurants etc. is debatable. Personal experience may vary too.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

half bright madam ji thinks in all sorts of ways! :rotfl:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 770573.cms
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

Y. Kanan wrote:Outside of a few crazy rednecks that can't tell a muslim from a Sikh, I think the vast majority of Americans hold Hindus in pretty high regard.
actually i think you will find that in all the western countries, Indians are tolerated to a greater or lesser degree. even educated whites will not be able to immediately differentiate your religion based on your physical appearance. its only if they know you.

come the revolution, they will come for you regardless...
bharotshontan
BRFite

Post by bharotshontan »

Today I saw in the news a white guy from Maryland drove up to Manhattan with a sword, stabbed a random black man in the street multiple times and killed him and calmly turned himself in.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailyn ... -1.3005263
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

sounds like the guy in Con Air who "drove through 3 states with his victims severed head on his head"
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

pmu save a small boy who isis had strapped a bomb too

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/vi ... -in-mosul/
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Lalmohan wrote:no kamments on comey's baat-cheet in front of congress...?
who wants to bring that up and get accused as having angst and being a hilary shill and trump bashing blah blah..or worse, being a paki.

manafort is now passed off as an intern. Finn being a paid agent for turkey and russia is not even a scandal now as there are bigger stuff happening everyday
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

yes, if you spell gus backwards you get paki
lots of people are saying it
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

Lalmohan wrote:
Y. Kanan wrote:Outside of a few crazy rednecks that can't tell a muslim from a Sikh, I think the vast majority of Americans hold Hindus in pretty high regard.
actually i think you will find that in all the western countries, Indians are tolerated to a greater or lesser degree. even educated whites will not be able to immediately differentiate your religion based on your physical appearance. its only if they know you.

come the revolution, they will come for you regardless...
That is the point I was trying to make. And it is the 'crazy rednecks' who control the USA.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

There's another dude to watch other than bannon. Apparently some Sebastian Gorka and Trump repeats what this man goes and says in Fox (like the 20% uranium stuff).
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

gorka has been totally discredited. he faked his credentials, claimed to be an expert in blah blah, failed to deny that he was a member of a nazi organisation, etc., etc., he's history
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

^^^Why don't you fellows start a new thread for rona-dhona about US elections? Maybe start posting in Bostive neuj of Amreeka dhaaga?

Either that or you can cry until January 2025.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

what has gorka got to do with the elections?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

AoA! What UBCN suggests yesterdin, Emirates adopts todin!!!
(sorry link not possible to post..special News Digest for Ulan Bator onlee)

"Emirates To Introduce “Handling Service” For Laptops And Tablets.

USA Today (3/23) reports that following the US directive introduced this week banning large electronics on flights from certain Middle Eastern and African countries, Emirates {following the advice posted by UBC News on PeeAref yindoostan-YooQuoo dhaga} announced plans to introduce a “laptop and tablet handling service” to minimize disruption for customers. The service allows fliers to use their devices just prior to boarding, at which point they will be able to hand them over to security staff for careful packing and storage on planes.

As Laurel said to Hardy:
NOW U r using MY Brain!!
Middle East Airlines Launch New Media Campaigns Following Ban. Bloomberg News (3/23) reports that Middle East airlines have “scrambled to find ways to respond” to the US and UK bans, launching new media campaigns shortly after the announcements. Royal Jordanian revealed a new campaign on social media making light of the ban, while Emirates Airlines unveiled a commercial that asked, “Who needs tablets and laptops anyway?” Under the headline “Etihad takes a shot at Trump’s laptop ban in provocative new ad,” Business Insider (3/23) reports that Etihad launched another new campaign with the slogan “Make Flying Great Again” to reassure customers about access to in-flight entertainment.

Some In Turkey See Electronics Ban As Way To Undermine Airlines. Reuters (3/23) reports that some in Turkey view the US and UK directives banning large carry-on electronics on flights from Middle Eastern countries “as a ploy to undermine their aviation industry.” The bans were issued as Turkish Airlines prepares to move to a new $10.8 billion Istanbul airport built to cement the country’s growing airline sector. An unnamed “senior Turkish government official” said, “It appears this decision was made purely on commercial grounds, and it seems it was done to limit the advancements made by Turkish Airlines and by Turkey.” Turkey’s foreign ministry is conducting talks with the US and UK to try to exclude the country from the ban."
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

This is exactly what any thoughtful airline should have done: store the items in the baggage hold, OK, but right in the middle of the plane, not at the presssure hull, by using the ladder access in the center of the plane between the pakistans. That way you minimize disruption but also control where the laptops are loaded.
Which leaves only in-flight entertainment as a problem. They could contract with ISIS to provide in-flight videos of beheadings and other stuff too horrible to post on the Internet.

This leaves Delta, American, United and British Airways looking like the discredit to the Neanderthals that they are.

Wonder what Lufthansa and Air France will do in response. Probably issue Luger 9mms to their security types to point at passengers while demanding
Achtung!! Votre Passepeurtes!
Schnell!!!
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Looks like some major scrambling for the healthcare bill. Astoundingly or maybe not, many who were against 'obamacare are now for the ACA :lol: and don't want provisions like pre-existing conditions, extended stay for kids etc gone. But who is going to pay for these? either subsidies or let insurance companies split out lo-risk and hi-risk and jack up prices on hi-risk etc.

All these nice provisions cost. It is better to have all of the population pooling in and sharing burden. Unfortunately that is "socialism" and can't have the makers paying for the takers etc. It is fun though to see all the interest groups tying themselves into a knot over this. The tea party congress, conservative establishment, trump supporters, trump hating senators ..all scrambling and jockeying
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

bhell bhell - as per CNN - Ryan tells Trump they don't have enough votes (in relation to ACA repeal)

See, no say obamacare - that would be election talk and all that - so saying ACA
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Proper term is Republican Healthcare Excellence Solution for United States.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

if aca repeal bill fails then trump can throw ryan under the bus
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

It is a circus out there. Truly a dog that caught the car situation. After 50 plus bills passed in Congress to repeal Obamacare, now GOP is unable to do that having congress, senate, WH and SC with it.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

i think that trump and the bannon sturmgruppe would be happy to see ryan take the bullet for the fatherland
Ameet
BRFite

Post by Ameet »

GOP pulls the bill.