Understanding US thread-III

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding US thread-III

Post by Lalmohan »

the point about the leaked steele report is that whichever angle you look at it from and whatever you think about its veracity, damage to the next president of the US has been done

its not just the democrats who gain from that, probably they gain the least
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Lalmohan wrote:
that's fine - but neither he nor any of the others, even if they are pro-Hillary ask any of you to shut up.
In fact they have.
no US president has done the right thing for India and neither will the next one
The US government be it any branch has looked after its own interest. None of them will ever do the right thing for India - and it is not expected.
What is expected is to move the India-US relationship forward. This is where there are higher expectations of the new government in Washington D.C. over the previous regime.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

Lalmohan wrote:the point about the leaked steele report is that whichever angle you look at it from and whatever you think about its veracity, damage to the next president of the US has been done

its not just the democrats who gain from that, probably they gain the least

Nope. Doesn't look that way to me. So far it's been a boon to DT.

1. The report has discredited the Intel agencies for wasting time on what seemingly looks like a bunch of rumors and salacious gossip.

2. It has,made the media more weary of publishing scandal gossip against Trump. In future they're likely to be more trigger shy.

3. The real damage is to institutions of the State. Especially if it turns out that they leaked it to the press. Even the Congress might loose credibility if one of their own leaked it to the press.

4. The underlying symptom is emerging fully out in the open. A deep Russophobia which sees Russian ghosts everywhere. The public increasingly doesn't know what to believe. So it will increasingly believe in nothing. In the long term, this is fertile grounds for alternative ideologies.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

i disagree - its not good for DT's credibility

its not good for the US government's credibility - so on the institutional point I do agree

the media are not more wary, they will continue to do what they do, some responsibly, others irresponsibly. DT has taken advantage of this for himself, so he can't complain. the rest of us have to filter using our brains - but I fear many wont be able to

russophobia was always there and there are reasons for it - a new cold war is upon us. there are also reasons for the pro-Russia stance - which have to do with a white-Christian-anti-darkie-anti-muslim crusade mentality that is creeping into the western countries. putin is seen by many as the new King Louis IX or Richard the Lion Heart.

that worries me
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Gee! This is getting as bad as a CNN Expert Discussion. Bumper sticker seen today:
CNN LIES!
Enough said.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

'Deep State' Wins... Trump is Being Tamed To Toe The Line
January 12, 2017 "Information Clearing House" - "RT" - Donald Trump “finally concedes” Russia hacked the election, crowed the US media following his first news conference this week. That seeming turnaround by Trump signals 'the Donald' is being tamed to toe the “official” Washington line.
Notably, too, on the same day, Trump’s pick for the next Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson, adopted a remarkably antagonistic view of Russia under pressure from hostile senators during his Congressional confirmation grilling.Tillerson, who holds a Russian Order of Friendship award bestowed by President Vladimir Putin in 2013, responded to relentless goading from senators by saying that the US should maintain sanctions on “resurgent Russia,” adding that “the taking of Crimea” was against the law.Together, the shift by Trump and his incoming cabinet toward a more frosty stance on Russia signals that a coercive taming process is underway by the Washington establishment, with sinister implications for supposed US democracy.
Notably, too, on the same day, Trump’s pick for the next Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson, adopted a remarkably antagonistic view of Russia under pressure from hostile senators during his Congressional confirmation grilling.Tillerson, who holds a Russian Order of Friendship award bestowed by President Vladimir Putin in 2013, responded to relentless goading from senators by saying that the US should maintain sanctions on “resurgent Russia,” adding that “the taking of Crimea” was against the law.Together, the shift by Trump and his incoming cabinet toward a more frosty stance on Russia signals that a coercive taming process is underway by the Washington establishment, with sinister implications for supposed US democracy.
But amid all the seeming bravado, Trump signaled a willingness to toe the establishment line. “As far as hacking, I think it was Russia,” he told reporters ...
Trump’s election rival Hillary Clinton was the 'selection' candidate for the US political establishment of corporate power and the Pentagon military-intelligence apparatus. This nexus of unelected power comprises the so-called 'Deep State' and includes a largely obedient corporate-controlled news media.
Trump is still giving an outward appearance of the fearless populist taking on the establishment. His scathing of “fake news” outlets at the news conference this week and his rebuke to US intelligence for using “Nazi” smear tactics certainly gives the impression that Trump is the outsider who will “drain the swamp” in Washington. ( He will have a hard time in "draining the swamp" )
Trump’s electioneering based on restoring more balanced foreign relations, in particular toward Russia, probably won him many votes from American citizens who are sick and tired of decades-old warmongering. Unfortunately, a worthy aspiration for more peaceful US foreign policy is being overturned by the 'Deep State' and its multifarious operatives in Congress and the media.The ganging up on Trump and Tillerson is a pathetic display of how American democracy is under attack as never before – not from alleged foreign enemies, but from the self-declared “patriots” of the Deep State-plutocracy.
But underneath all the bluster from Trump, the signs are that he is slowly, but surely beginning to get with the program.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

So the Obamacare is going bye, bye come Jan 20th. Hopefully the addl payroll tax will disappear too saving us a few thousand bucks. Then again will it be removed is the question. Once a tax always a tax. May be Trump will use to build the wall.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

InformationClearingHouse is a propaganda website, posting anything from these P-rated websites is basically wastage of bandwidth.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Dipanker wrote:
Minor nitpick, US president is not elected by people choice. Instead some convoluted relic of the slavery era otherwise known as electoral college is used to nominate the president.

People choice actually went against Trump by nearly 3 million votes.
Dipankar ji,
When TsuNaMo happened some were claiming that he didnt win the popular vote & were trying their level best to try to discredit NaMo's PM ship as "minority govt" before it even started - claiming that BJP onlee got 31% voteshare(& NDA 38.5%) - and "rest of the opposition" got the "majority" voteshare of 62%.
Others were similarly claiming that brexit vote doesnt reflect the will of the brit masses.

Seeing your above persisting stance on the US election results - when i picture you post Brexit or TsuNaMo, i see you frantically sharing news items like above claiming that both Brexit & TsuNaMo are not a reality but are onlee the figments of peoples imagination. Am i wrong ?
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Lilo wrote:
Dipanker wrote:
Minor nitpick, US president is not elected by people choice. Instead some convoluted relic of the slavery era otherwise known as electoral college is used to nominate the president.

People choice actually went against Trump by nearly 3 million votes.
Dipankar ji,
When TsuNaMo happened some were claiming that he didnt win the popular vote & were trying their level best to try to discredit NaMo's PM ship as "minority govt" before it even started - claiming that BJP onlee got 31% voteshare(& NDA 38.5%) - and "rest of the opposition" got the "majority" voteshare of 62%.
Others were similarly claiming that brexit vote doesnt reflect the will of the brit masses.

Seeing your above persisting stance on the US election results - when i picture you post Brexit or TsuNaMo, i see you frantically sharing news items like above claiming that both Brexit & TsuNaMo are not a reality but are onlee the figments of peoples imagination. Am i wrong ?
Let us not drag Modi to this thread, the Indian and American political systems are completely different beast. One is a fractured, multi party parliamentary system, other is a by and large two party presidential system, so there is not much to compare.

About Brexit, I have made a total of 1 post and it says that the Brexit supporters won the referendum. So if you think I have been frantically posting about it, and incidentally my posting rate is 0.41/day, yes you would be wrong!
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

There are rules of the US elections which says that you need to get the majority of electors and HC failed to get them. This system is placed there to ensure that the candidates canvass all over the nation and not in few population centres. This is the system from the start, and no one had any problem till now. US constitutional framers have far more visionaries than many outsiders and today's US citizens think.

I thought we were not discussing the elections anymore.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

^^Not true. Theoretically a candidate need to win only in 16 states to become the POTUS. In any case today candidates concentrate on 'battle ground' states and NOT all the states.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Lalmohan wrote: there are also reasons for the pro-Russia stance - which have to do with a white-Christian-anti-darkie-anti-muslim crusade mentality that is creeping into the western countries. putin is seen by many as the new King Louis IX or Richard the Lion Heart.

that worries me
There are very few people of influence in the US that are pro-Russia. DT, TRex, Flynn and maybe Mad Dog are the ones that are pro Russia. The Pentagon and intel aren't. What they, those who are perceived pro-Russia, will have is a moderating influence on US policy. Overall anti-Russia policy is not going to change. As far as the white-Christian crusade, there is more of it in Europe including the UK, it is not near as much in the US. So please don't lump the US into the group of western countries. The US remains distinct from the UK and EU mindset.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

saip wrote:^^Not true. Theoretically a candidate need to win only in 16 states to become the POTUS. In any case today candidates concentrate on 'battle ground' states and NOT all the states.
Actually you need only 11 states, 5 fewer than 16.

California 55
Texas 38
New York 29
Florida 29
Pennsylvania 20
Illinois 20
Ohio 18
Michigan 16
Georgia 16
North Carolina 15
New Jersey 14
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

saip wrote:The only way Trump can be impeached and removed from office (thereby becoming the first POTUS) is if there is evidence either directly or indirectly through his proxies of consorting with the enemy (viz Russia) of somehow manipulating the elections through wikileaks or otherwise and they (Russians) have the evidence that can be held as the sword of Damocles over the head of Trump. Otherwise he is the 45th POTUS and that is that.
Bill Clinton was impeached but he refused to be removed from office. He brazened it out with Al "I invented Internet" Gora.

Given the above what are the chancus that Trump will agree to get removed? Bayesian probability kwoschun. Onlee.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Point is, catastrophe expected on this thread.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 14 Jan 2017 08:18, edited 1 time in total.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Dipanker wrote:
saip wrote:^^Not true. Theoretically a candidate need to win only in 16 states to become the POTUS. In any case today candidates concentrate on 'battle ground' states and NOT all the states.
Actually you need only 11 states, 5 fewer than 16.
It is what is called a target sum problem. Take out all the non-battle ground states - those that are solidly blue and solidly red totaling to say 15 states - one ends up with a much smaller problem, say 35 states. A brute force naive algorithm that computes the power set of 2^35 will run in integer ops proportional to 2^35, four trillion ops which, oh well, might run in about a few hours - start in the evening of fri 13 - the lists of all the winning combinations wil be ready by 14 AM.
Last edited by Vayutuvan on 14 Jan 2017 08:21, edited 1 time in total.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

UlanBatori wrote:I once read a book about people who could travel back in time. They used this to travel to place/times like Pompei/Herculaneum the day Vesuvius erupted; watch the Hindenburg come in for its last mooring. Forest in Tunguska. Some city where a meteor was coming in. Their rules of course forbade them from warning the residents because that would alter history.

Familiar feeling..... :eek:
End of eternity by Asimov? Not sure but sire, your plot line sounds familiar.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

Lalmohan wrote:i disagree - its not good for DT's credibility

its not good for the US government's credibility - so on the institutional point I do agree

the media are not more wary, they will continue to do what they do, some responsibly, others irresponsibly. DT has taken advantage of this for himself, so he can't complain. the rest of us have to filter using our brains - but I fear many wont be able to

russophobia was always there and there are reasons for it - a new cold war is upon us. there are also reasons for the pro-Russia stance - which have to do with a white-Christian-anti-darkie-anti-muslim crusade mentality that is creeping into the western countries. putin is seen by many as the new King Louis IX or Richard the Lion Heart.

that worries me

on DT credibility: we'll see.

regarding Putin: you're right - he's seen as the man among men. and undoubtedly b/c of his traditionalist stance and rehabilitation of christianity in Russia (albeit, the Orthodox version - so there will be limits to this lovefest).

the "white" factor is also there. This is b/c in western countries, especially in USA - "white" has become everybody who is not dark skinned. It used to be that each country had its own "ethnic whiteness". Now, the West has been so successful in integrating the disparate white ethnicities under the "white" umbrella that Russians are today 'white enough' to be considered an ideal worthy of emulation. Not too long ago, most central-western Europeans dismissed Russians as "corrupt" half-mongol/"half breeds".

What is also problematic in western countries is the extent to which Leftism gained ideological ascendancy. Terms like "white privilege", "mansplaining", etc are causing a lot of rage. Outside of elite college campuses and insulated urban hipster neighborhoods, I think the the tolerance for the excesses of liberalism is running very thin.

When you have an entire host of leftists and liberals practically crowing about "whites becoming minority" on main stream media - there is bound to be a backlash. I always thought it was only a matter of time. And as a dark skinned person myself, every time I listened to the libs talking about "whites are the past"/"colored people are the future", etc - I strongly felt that the morons were overplaying their hand and would pay heavily.

When you openly celebrate the "extinction" of an entire group of people, they are bound to look at their group and go...."wait a minute - no matter what we do, who we vote for, or our real opinions - if you're just going to clump us together and celebrate our becoming a minority status, then maybe you're right....we are more alike than we realize, and perhaps we should stick together and fight it out."

It is classic group dynamics. nothing instills group cohesion like a constant barrage of commentators, journalists, and opinion-makers attacking the group's very existence and openly heralding the age when they loose primacy....
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

matrimc wrote:
Dipanker wrote: Actually you need only 11 states, 5 fewer than 16.
It is what is called a target sum problem. Take out all the non-battle ground states - those that are solidly blue and solidly red totaling to say 15 states - one ends up with a much smaller problem, say 35 states. A brute force naive algorithm that computes the power set of 2^35 will run in integer ops proportional to 2^35, four trillion ops which, oh well, might run in about a few hours - start in the evening of fri 13 - the lists of all the winning combinations wil be ready by 14 AM.
In reality there are 16 solid blue states ( including DC ) with 200 electoral votes, 22 solid red states with 180 electoral votes, and only 13 swing states with remaining 158 electoral votes.
Finding all the possible combination of ways Democrats can win another 70+ from the rest 158 or all the possible combination of ways Republicans can win another 90 from the rest 158 should not take more than a few seconds to solve.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

k*(2^13) ops with k dependent on machine architecture and implementation details. I would estimate less than 3 seconds on a laptop/desktop.

Yet the MSM go on and on about "narrow path" yadda yadda yadda which shows the innumeracy of the talking heads. Sorry for OT. Last from me.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

C-SPAN 'investigating' why congressional livestream switched to Russia Today :lol:

Hours After RT Interrupts C-SPAN, MSNBC Experiences Bizarre ‘Russia’ Glitch

Ignatius was talking about President-elect Donald Trump’s cabinet nominees taking “a hard line on Russia,” when a glitch made Ignatius appear to say “Russia” several times in succession.
Blackout forces brief delay in Pompeo confirmation hearing
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Scared ship spotters having paroxysms of periscopitis.
Russia is under everyones bed now. Boo :)
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

That nails the "Hu?" U can almost heal the :lotr:
Stupid loundeye no stalt warr with Mexico. Too busy stalting wal with Lussia. No way for capitarst impeliarist lunning dogs to intelfele in South **** Ocean.
Lepeat aftel each of my keystlokes: Lussia! Lussia! Lussia!
:rotfl:
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Regarding American politics, I recommend T.R. Ramachandran (@yottapoint):
http://electionado.com/galleries

Too many to list here.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Russia invites Trump to take part in Syria talks
Russia has invited U.S. President-elect Donald Trump’s incoming administration to take part in the upcoming Syrian peace talks in Kazakhstan, The Washington Post said Friday.The move by Russia suggests that Obama administration has been bypassed by the Russian side.Turkey, which is one of the sides of the talks has said that Washington would be asked to join the Syrian talks which will be held in the Kazakh capital Astana, on January 23.The Obama administration said on Friday that it had not been asked to attend the talks. To short a notice ; invitation is a formality onlee; more likely a "diplomatic slap" to the outgoing admin !
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Lalmohan wrote: definitely the opposite impression is given in my opinion, I support Hitesh's right to express his opinion without people giving him grief
Couldn't agree more. Expressing opinion is absolutely necessary.
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

Falijee wrote:Russia invites Trump to take part in Syria talks
Russia has invited U.S. President-elect Donald Trump’s incoming administration to take part in the upcoming Syrian peace talks in Kazakhstan, The Washington Post said Friday.The move by Russia suggests that Obama administration has been bypassed by the Russian side.Turkey, which is one of the sides of the talks has said that Washington would be asked to join the Syrian talks which will be held in the Kazakh capital Astana, on January 23.The Obama administration said on Friday that it had not been asked to attend the talks. To short a notice ; invitation is a formality onlee; more likely a "diplomatic slap" to the outgoing admin !

I'm sure President Obama is shedding tears over the 'slap'. I would have thought there would have been a decent interval before Putin forced Trump to grovel in public. The humiliation of the USA thus begins.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Since it is now established that the US election was controlled by Putin who donated so much to the Election Process, I wonder whether the Presidency should be an Endowed Chair. IOW, should Trump now call himself:
Donald J. Trump.

Vladimir E. Putin Endowed President,
United States of America.
GShankar
BRFite

Post by GShankar »

Can someone point me to some information on the distribution of US income (Account Receivables) - as in the distribution of various segments that contribute to US economy, especially local revenue vs. export revenue?
shyam
BRFite

Post by shyam »

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Apparently US elections not over for some other (sore loser)s as well :eek:
WASHINGTON — On Friday, Representative John Lewis, Democrat of Georgia, declared that he did not view Donald J. Trump as a “legitimate president.” Mr. Lewis, an icon of the civil rights movement, said he planned to boycott the inauguration, the first he will skip in three decades.
On Saturday, Mr. Trump hit back.
“Congressman John Lewis should spend more time on fixing and helping his district, which is in horrible shape and falling apart (not to mention crime infested) rather than falsely complaining about the election results,” Mr. Trump said in a pair of early morning Twitter posts.
“All talk, talk, talk — no action or results,” he added. “Sad!”
Mr. Trump’s outburst drew indignation from many whiners who :(( :(( about the unseemliness of attacking a civil rights leader on the eve of Martin Luther King Jr. Day :(( . Mr. Lewis was one of the original Freedom Riders, beaten by police officers while marching from Selma to Montgomery in Alabama.
Confucious say: no want poo thrown at u? Don't throw poo at 'Zees.
Mr. Lewis is one of a handful of Democratic members of Congress who have announced that they will boycott the inauguration on Friday. Others include Barbara Lee of California, Earl Blumenauer of Oregon, Katherine Clark of Massachusetts and Luis Gutiérrez of Illinois.
er... I am boycotting too. Yup. NOT traveling to DupleeCity for Inauguration. THAT oughta teach Trump.

And now this one.. :roll:
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

UlanBatori wrote:Apparently US elections not over for some other (sore loser)s as well :eek:
WASHINGTON — On Friday, Representative John Lewis, Democrat of Georgia, declared that he did not view Donald J. Trump as a “legitimate president.” Mr. Lewis, an icon of the civil rights movement, said he planned to boycott the inauguration, the first he will skip in three decades.
“Congressman John Lewis should spend more time on fixing and helping his district, which is in horrible shape and falling apart (not to mention crime infested) rather than falsely complaining about the election results,” Mr. Trump said in a pair of early morning Twitter posts.
Mr. Trump’s outburst drew indignation from many whiners who :(( :(( about the unseemliness of attacking a civil rights leader on the eve of Martin Luther King Jr. Day :(( . Mr. Lewis was one of the original Freedom Riders, beaten by police officers while marching from Selma to Montgomery in Alabama.
Confucious say: no want poo thrown at u? Don't throw poo at 'Zees.
Mr. Lewis is one of a handful of Democratic members of Congress who have announced that they will boycott the inauguration on Friday. Others include Barbara Lee of California, Earl Blumenauer of Oregon, Katherine Clark of Massachusetts and Luis Gutiérrez of Illinois.
er... I am boycotting too. Yup. NOT traveling to DupleeCity for Inauguration. THAT oughta teach Trump.

And now this one.. :roll:
John Lews is a man of extraordinary courage. No doubt the GOOPERs on this board will mock him. But his legacy will stand forever.
GShankar
BRFite

Post by GShankar »

Man of courage? There are so many with courage including the one who yelled at Obama - "you lie" and the one who called Michelle Obama as resembling one of our forebears from African animal kingdom.

What's the use? I do have to agree with the one who said, he is also a man of all-talk.

Real courage would be when he reveals who is behind this talk.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

With Russian hacking and Comey's blatant interference to influence the outcome of the election, Trump legitimacy will always be in question.

Trump tweets shows that he is a completely unhinged person.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

There you go. AFAIK, he is still a US Citizen and b4 he started getting paid as a US Representative, he swore on the Bible, Quran, "Debbie Does Decatur" or whatever else, to Uphold and Abide By The Constitution Of The United States. So what is he doing, saying that the President who has been elected by the Electoral College on a majority of 301 to 27, is "not a legitimate President"? What is his definition of "legitimate"? Idi Amin? Pervez Musharraf? If he no longer plans to abide by the Constitution, the logical first step should be to boycott the US House of Representative, and return his paycheck, hain? Now THAT would be courage.

Instead of considering the logic of his position, people should not resort to the strawman tactic of going ga-ga about his having been in a protest march 60 years ago where ppl got beaten by police. By that criterion, we should hang on every word uttered by Abdul bin Bagdaddy - wah wah, what COURAGE, taking on the whole world?

And hey, let's not flaunt one's silliness by calling other postors as "GOOPERS" or GOOBERS or whatever. AFAIK, unless one is with Russian, Chinese or any other intelligence/hackers bureaux, one has no way of knowing the party affiliation or sympathies if any, of anyone.

And... let's get back to Understanding the United States, hain? Read the article I linked. All of it. And the Hon. Rep.'s statement dissing Attorney-General designate Sessions, saying he wants an AG who will represent ALL THE PEOPLE. IOW, calling him a racist.

Is the Hon. Rep Lewis representing ALL HIS CONSTITUENTS when he declares that he is going to be a pissant loser and boycott the Inauguration of the President of the USA? So the article says that in 'his' district (the one that elected him to the House) are Atlanta Airport, the county of Dekalb (ahem! Stone Mountain, located there, is a Confederate Memorial, and the town of Stone Mountain is home to the biggest Ku Klux Klan gang in the Southeast..) City of Atlanta, Georgia State University (25000 students and teachers and 10,000 administrators?) Georgia Institute of Technology (15000 students and staff and 20,000 administrators?) and all those big hotels and skyscrapers and muggers and drug addicts and used car dealers.

Does the Hon. Rep. Lewis rep ALL HIS CONSTITUENTS? Doesn't the 4th or 5th COTUS Dt. deserve a Rep who Reps ALL the constituents? As far as I can imagine, at least 45% of them are borderline fascists, some of the rest are only neo-Nazis. All pro-President, no doubt. Shouldn't he just resign if he wants to show his COURAGE?

So this is what is called
Hanged by his own Little Cheney
BTW, back to Understanding The United States. Do you anything about the presence or absence of racism in Atlanta, Savannah, Decatur or anywhere else in Georgia? Do you think people of One Color are absolutely free of racist prejudice? (Hint: see Lewis' idea of "representing ALL The People") Do you think they are LESS racist than people of ANOTHER or NO COLOR? Do you think you, for instance, would get a fairer deal, based on merit, from Rep. Lewis, or from Sen. Sessions?

"COURAGE". Reminds me of the old Malloostan story. The rickshawallah was pulling along this Madama wearing her usual floral summer skirt (and nothing underneath). The ricksha got hit by a car and everyone tumbled head over heels a few times. The Madama sprang up after the spill, smoothened her skirt, and swiftly dragged the rickshawalla from under the wreckage. She then roared at him:
DID YOU SEE MY COURAGE?
Shivering and trembling like a leaf, the poor guy stuttered:
No no no memsahib, part of your skirt was still in the way..
Last edited by UlanBatori on 15 Jan 2017 15:19, edited 4 times in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

And as for the DT response about "crime-infested": Pls check into "Clery Reports" from the universities/colleges in that area. That's the report of violent crimes after all the precautions that students and staff take.

If any1 feels particularly enthused about disproving the President-Elect's tweet about crime in the 5th District, one might try standing out on Martin Luther King Avenue at 2AM on a Sunday like Kabir sitting on a tree saying: "jisko jitna chahiye.." etc.

As for the infrastructure in Atlanta or any other city, check into, say, sewer penalties due to not keeping up the infrastructure. Sinkholes developing. Corruption in the city/county admin. Response to emergencies such as major storms. State of the public-funded hospital. Cheating scandals in the schools. Corruption in college administrations (Atlanta I believe has some major "historic" One Color colleges and universities, with rather interesting records of administrative honesty and competence).

Trump happens to be quite right in saying that Rep. John Lewis has long overstayed his position, and needs to retire. Gasbag, all talk and no action. He was a sidee of the Rev. MLK - that whole gang of what SL ppl call "Panthankarayas" has infested Southeastern US politics for far too long, with everyone afraid to call them out because one immediately gets labeled a Racist and viciously attacked, when some of the absolutely worst racists and crooks in America ARE these ppl.

What he has done with his abysmal boycott of the inauguration and his silly petulance is a disaster for him and his poor district.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 15 Jan 2017 06:47, edited 1 time in total.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

Mort - the euoropean right is heavily influenced by and inspired by the new american right

The underlying world views at that end of the spectrum are remarkably similar
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Except that the Oiropean Far Right has excellent potential of starting fraternal "civil" wars between ancient Oiropean enemies.
:mrgreen:
Rishi Verma
BRFite

Post by Rishi Verma »

Lalmohan wrote:i disagree - its not good for DT's credibility

its not good for the US government's credibility - so on the institutional point I do agree...

that worries me
US gov credibility is zero since 1970s. It's what they say and how the world interprets... The discussion should end if the premise is false. And DT credibility? The guy is a psycho. I love him because he is a psycho and because he scares the crap out of pakis and chinnis.