GSLV-Mk III launch program/post-launch analysis

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
salaam
BRFite

Re: GSLV-Mk III launch program/post-launch analysis

Post by salaam »

disha wrote:I think C-25 over performed slightly!
Even the boosters seem to have over performed initially.
Prithwiraj
BRFite

Post by Prithwiraj »

vinod wrote:This is a historic moment and we have crappy visuals from DD for eternity! Why can't they give access to a private firm and film and edit it? I hope they have done it even if not transmitted live.

Imagine few decades from now and kids going to space museum and being shown these crappy visuals! Very inspiring in terms of achievement but not matching the same in terms of visuals spoiling the moment a bit!
Ok.... this is the Narmaal attitude... even Soviet in earlier days cared less about these visuals... but I fully appreciate the frustration around not having a proper visuals ... in consulting term .. that is like low hanging fruits... Modi and BJP should have taken care of this
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Thanks for the video. Watch carefully @6.20 onwards and you'll see something amazing..
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Gagan wrote:All the low cash economy and digital transactions need such a network of high capacity satellites with super data capacities

You mean mass of vsat terminals?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Kakarat per my reading the rocket wss 41km downrange and ?? Km up when booster separated. What kind of rig did you use?
The old handheld camcorders of bulky size had maybe 1 mp camera mode but massive stabilized kinda zoom ...
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Fabulous achievement.

I fully expect positive repercussions in india's economy politics defence sports trade and society.

I have previously alluded to the concept of cooperativity. This is not formally studied as applied to societies but I believe it will find application and may eventually be developed into a predicative tool.
vasu raya
BRFite

Post by vasu raya »

once again Congratulations ISRO! the extensive ground testing made the first launch a confident one, the only time they seemed to worry a bit was when the CUS was started up

other than that there is software based video stabilization, one such video was posted by brar in the International Aerospace thread
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

Gagan wrote:
Kakarat wrote:GSLV MkIII D1 in flight seen from Chennai

S200 Booster separation from GSLV MkIII D1 seen from Chennai
Wow ! Excellent picture.
Thank You, I have a few more and one i think was the moment of booster separation. Just thinking if i should post it since nothing but a ball of fire is visible
shiv wrote:Kakarat - great pics thanks
Thank You Sir

Karthik S wrote:
Kakarat ji, can launches from Sriharikota be seen from Chennai?
Yes, I have seen many
ldev wrote:Great achievement!! First time launch. Congratulations to ISRO.

Kakarat, great pictures specially of the booster separation, better than DD and reminiscent of SpaceX first stage separation!! You should replace DD as official photographer/videographer for ISRO.
Actually I am a engineer and photography is my hobby, I am interested in both and I like many of us here know whats is happening and what to expect. The photo is a result of that and if the DD crew is properly managed they could do better. Now that the DD has got a new boss with a good CV lets hope for things to improve, he is also on twitter

Kanson wrote:

S200 Booster separation from GSLV MkIII D1 seen from Chennai
Good one sir ji. Nice effort!
Thank You Sir

Singha wrote:Kakarat per my reading the rocket wss 41km downrange and ?? Km up when booster separated. What kind of rig did you use?
The old handheld camcorders of bulky size had maybe 1 mp camera mode but massive stabilized kinda zoom ...
I use a 6 years old 12MP 20X Canon Power Shot (560mm max), a DSLR is long overdue

Actually its all thanks to the cyclone end of last year that knocked down the tree north of our house which blocked the view till now, the last GSLV launch gave me an idea where to look for this time. Anyways I am planning to replant a replacement tree in the same spot once the Corporation removes the remaining tree root and until that tree grows and covers the view I will try my best to cower all the launches from SHAR
Rishi_Tri
BRFite

Post by Rishi_Tri »

Fantastic Fantastic achievement this. In post launch credits on telecast on DD, almost all scientists said native design, materials, manufacture, execution. True Made in India. Its been a long journey from Glavkosmos, sanctions.

Recall reading interview of some French scientist years ago.. who said.. we are closely following Mk III and what it could do at Indian cost structure. Well here it is.

This might very well rank as the Top 3 Tech Achievements of Independent India.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

shiv wrote:
Ashokk wrote: Unfortunately, the beeb is only repeating what indian reports have been saying and carrying it a step further. This elephant nonsense was started by NDTV's Pallava Bagla in one of his reports. I wonder why we cannot report on indigenous technical achievements in a mature and inspiring way. Somehow DDM feels that they have to make some weird comparisons or else their audience will not grasp the importance.
No. I liked the elephant comparison. That sort of comparison has been done in western media for decades to tell the ordinary mango man "The rocket weighs as much as 200 cars" or "it is as long as 2 football fields". Balls to BBC I don't know why anyone would watch BBC unless he is living in Bilayat.

Our satellite launch capability is far ahead of Britain. In 1987 - living in the UK - I recall calculating that Indians GDP was 1/6th of Britain. 30 years later we are catching up with an admittedly small nation that has a 150 year lead on us in industrialization. We will soon be farting on them and all they will see is atmospheric distortion from hot fart gas from Indian musharraf
hey, I have had the elephant comparison way back in a presentation I created for school kids during Chandrayaan days. :D

see page 19 of https://www.slideshare.net/Rahul_M_BRF/ ... ndrayaan-i
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

From the Wire: https://thewire.in/144097/gslv-mk-iii-c ... t-19-isro/

I do not know if this is an old photo. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited by SwamyG on 06 Jun 2017 02:37, edited 2 times in total.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

SwamyG wrote:From the Wire.
Kaun Kehta Hai ki Akash Mey Chedd Nahi Ho Sakta
Zarra GSLV MK !!1 Ko Ignite Kar Ke Tho Dekho !
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

wow this is pic out of some SCIFI Hollywood people, a time when for the first times human reached out to the heavens with moon in the background...or was it when the first contact was made? or is that the signature of warp engine being ignited?
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Someone I know worked on the Space shute program and part of his team's job was to do image analysis of the shuttle during launch, in orbit, and during descent.
They monitored each mission round the clock and on every overpass
Misra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Misra »

better video from ISRO, with booster and satellite separation
SSSalvi
BRFite

Post by SSSalvi »

Man nearer to camera ( taking notes ) : Satish Dhawan
Last edited by SSSalvi on 07 Jun 2017 03:41, edited 1 time in total.
SSSalvi
BRFite

Post by SSSalvi »

Dekho dekho .. Core ignition dekho , Strap on seperation dekho

Amateur video from Sulurpeta ( Also read what they call it : Baahubali !!

https://youtu.be/kUgvQYZBhoU
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

^^^ WOW. Thanks for sharing. heard "Bharat Mata Ki JAI"
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Misra wrote:better video from ISRO, with booster and satellite separation
I don't know why our people insist on slapping on some stupid unrelated background music. Just let it be - let us hear the actual sounds of the rocket - far better background score! The amateur video posted by SSSalvi-ji captures that, it's awesome.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Here's another, probably the best view of the stage separation as seen from the ground.

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I liked the screaming dive in the end to shift speed from 4km/sec to 9km/sec

Been ranting ineffectually for years about a shourya based pgs weapon to smite down large ac targets deep within cheen....thats the kind of brutal dive and speed thats needed. Even the shock wave of a near miss will spray yellow matter on the fan.

All we need is a demo to change some equations.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Excellent amateur videos and photos!

I have been watching them over and over again! Of course ISRO/DD needs to ramp up their production quality 100x times. DD broadcasting/telecast is still in SLV era.

Here is my wishlist:

1. A very high speed launch and tracking video. Nowadays for $1.2 k one can have a Sony DSC-RX10M II Cyber-shot Digital Still Camera which is extremely good for the price! I am wishing that Kakkarat'ji become uber-rich and can afford the $1.2 k camera. :D

2. A really good producer., and a "muxer"., Imagine seeing the range vs. velocity chart going into PIP and the announcement that the S200 stage separated and cutaway to large view in slo-mo of the booster peeling off.

3. And no showing of people! What is point in looking at people who are thoroughly enjoying the show live and in person there! It gets depressing.

---

The S200 stage even after separation travels up and then tumbles. I have a feeling it tumbles up., follows a parabolic trajectory and hits the sea some 200 km away and then disintegrates.
asgkhan
BRFite

Post by asgkhan »

Will the heartburn/condescending articles cum advice by lizards be tracked here ?

Would love to see how the commie thugs react to this launch.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Well the Brits, like clockwork, have started whining with their "fat boy" articles.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

If you watched DD live as I did - the resolution on the ground is itself poor. It is likely that they have sent some old cameras to ISRO while dilli and "metros" have better cameras so oil on VIP face and zits can come out well
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Wonderful achievement by the fine folks at ISRO. We are now in the heavy hitters club. A new space age dawns for Bharat.
prasannasimha
Forum Moderator

Post by prasannasimha »

If you see ISRO's photos and recordings they are all high resolution. They must be recording it for any potential failure analysis but they are not releasing it to the public. Typically they have high filter high speed blpast proof cameras to record the launch from various angle
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

Image gallery - http://www.isro.gov.in/gslv-mk-iii-d1-g ... on-gallery Our DPSUs should learn from ISRO, this business of putting out inspiring shakinaw photos.
LokeshC
BRFite

Post by LokeshC »

Regarding Al-PeePeeCee (f)artikal on elephants, one should ask them with the units they use to show off the power of their latest (Indian owned) luxury brand. Ahem: Isn't it called "Horse Power"? There is even something called britshit horse power.

Anyway, no more pollution of this thread. Fascinating achievement, soon we will have many combinations and permutations of this product family (just like how we are doing for our missiles).

Live long and prosper, ISRO.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

KL Dubey wrote:Wonderful achievement by the fine folks at ISRO. We are now in the heavy hitters club. A new space age dawns for Bharat.
Absolutely. This should interest a new generation of kids of the best and brightest towards physics and aerospace engineering. GoI should hype it along with ISRO. You can't get that level of achievement if you leave India for foreign shores.
symontk
BRFite

Post by symontk »

If ISRO comes with 2 more variations of LVM3, it can replace GSLV and PSLV

1. S139 * 2 + L120 + C7.5 - should get 2.5T to GTO
2. S60 * 2 + L120 + L2 - should get 1T to GTO

Since the HS is bigger in LVM3 it can handle more satellites in a single launch
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Mort Walker wrote:
KL Dubey wrote:Wonderful achievement by the fine folks at ISRO. We are now in the heavy hitters club. A new space age dawns for Bharat.
Absolutely. This should interest a new generation of kids of the best and brightest towards physics and aerospace engineering. GoI should hype it along with ISRO. You can't get that level of achievement if you leave India for foreign shores.
Given that there is likely to be an "IT" slowdown and hopefully a push towards military make in India - Mechanical/Aeronautical/Electrical/Electronics engg should all see a boost. These are all "traditional" fields which were sidelined by "software engineer/Infotech"

It should be DRDO/HAL/Tata/Mahindra doing campus hiring and not "infosyscognizantwipro"
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

Parfaarmans narmal!

Just realized the nose cone of the S200s have been redesigned compared to the first launch..

Get the SCE Ready! Lets start flinging trucks into orbit!
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

shiv wrote:
It should be DRDO/HAL/Tata/Mahindra doing campus hiring and not "infosyscognizantwipro"
Shiv sir, you are forgetting L& T already a big player.

OT - for one Engineering Graduate, they hire 10 diploma guys, pay is not as attractive as IT for similar experience, onsite opportunities are zero. End of OT
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

disha wrote: 1. A very high speed launch and tracking video. Nowadays for $1.2 k one can have a Sony DSC-RX10M II Cyber-shot Digital Still Camera which is extremely good for the price! I am wishing that Kakkarat'ji become uber-rich and can afford the $1.2 k camera. :D
Hope your wishes come true. I think Sony DSC-RX10M II is a new generation bridge type super zoom camera, I am actually looking at buying a Canon 7D DSLR and a 50-500/150-500 lens but budget has been the biggest problem
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

I think the PeePeeC heartburn farticles must go into post-launch analysis. Personally I would like to see how they fart.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Massive achievement,totally indigenous,proves what Indian scientists can do when they're unleashed without too many fetters. This success mantra must be established in our DPSUs too,so that they can emulate what ISRO and the Strat. missile teams are achieving.

We should now make out our list of priorities.Military sats at the top. A network of mil sats for NCW,maritime sats,etc. catering to the reqs. of each service. Sat etection of any enemy missile launch fundamental in assisting our ABM systems (S-400s/whatever we develop at home too). There was some mention of a third launch pad too,but the answer was deflected as there are going to apparently be monthly launches of PSLVs as well.

PS:The launch of a 100 sats last time caught the world's attention.No longer do they scornfully report how critical items were taken to the launch pad in a bullock cart,or "why does India need rockets ,etc. when they have millions starving?" These comments are slowly disappearing. However,to sustain the momentum of all-round development in ensuring that we morph into a developed power,requires the entire Indian economy working smoothly in unison without too many hurdles.It is here where some critical industries and sectors require intelligent legislation and govt. support with less bureaucracy. We're now supposedly over 1.3B people,have overtaken China as the world's most populated nation.This will require an immense amount of infrastructure creation in terms of housing,rail.road,shipping,air,telecom,etc.,infrastructure,which have diff. contours in diff parts of the country.. Paperwork and ease of doing business ,govt. support,access to capital,in these key sectors is needed as much as in the space sector.
Last edited by Philip on 06 Jun 2017 11:52, edited 1 time in total.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

new video :)

rahulm
BRFite

Post by rahulm »

Some foreign reports mention the Vikas being a license produced French Viking engine. This is not true.