Terroristan - June 20, 2017

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Re: Terroristan - June 20, 2017

Post by anupmisra »

SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

by Gerard
Moderation note.

Those seeking to make anti-Muslim comments are invited to go elsewhere on the internet. The BR forums are not the place for such bigotry. Those unable to comply will be banned.
When you say something about Islam is it considered Anti-Muslim? Muslims are people while Islam is an idealogy. Dharmic people believe that all people are good while some sampardaya/rules/rituals/beliefs like Islam are not.
brat
BRFite

Post by brat »

:wink: IB$TL
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

SBajwa wrote:
by yensoy
^^^^ Our (India and US) trajectories are very different - we are in very different places today and want to move ahead in different ways. I don't see any civilizational level conflict in the next hundred years. US will never take us as equals, and we have our own understanding of civilization so won't see the US as one of the ancients. Challenges happened in the 1940s and 1950s, even as late as 1971 and red lines were drawn, never to be crossed again. So needless negative talk about the US views on India are only counter-productive.
USA is a country made up by immigration. It is the largest Arable land in the world. Indians as a group make the most money in USA. Majority of Indians in USA are highly professional with STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) jobs., which are only increasing. So! Expect more Indians to go up in US political (especially North Indians minus Gujaratis) system. The sheer number of 2nd and 3rd generation Indians in USA and Canada (their power, money and brain) will make sure that ties between North America and India keep on getting better.

I see more and more Indian students here in USA studying, getting PHDs and then employment here. Back in 1987 there was 1 indian restaurant and 1 indian store in my city now I have stopped counting (more than 25 restaurants at 20+ indian stores).
wrong thread but still. Bajwa saab, i dont see the indian diaspora doing any good to india apart from remit their dollars till the time they become us citizens. Most of them think of themselves as superior to pooah dirty indians and inferior obsequious to their white masters..
Boscoe
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Boscoe »

Amber G. wrote:
SBajwa wrote: I see more and more Indian students here in USA studying, getting PHDs and then employment here. Back in 1987 there was 1 indian restaurant and 1 indian store in my city now I have stopped counting (more than 25 restaurants at 20+ indian stores).
Just for perspective, there are 11000+ people in bay area alone, graduated just from a small institution(s) in India (IITs) including CEO's of company like Google.
Wonderful! I sometimes wonder why can't the best and the brightest of India, not stay back in India, but have this overwhelming urge of going to Massa shores!!
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

^^^ IB4TL but this is off topic (sorry I contributed but my post was just to rub it in for Pakilurkers and supporting our EAM's message - "we give world Engineers, doctors.." ityadi")..
request - please , if one has to, move this discussion in appropriate thread(s)..
As far as I am concerned, it will indeed be wonderful if #Terroristan's brightest and best stayed in #Terroristan (and their dumb and worst too)
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

SBajwa wrote:
by Gerard
Moderation note.

Those seeking to make anti-Muslim comments are invited to go elsewhere on the internet. The BR forums are not the place for such bigotry. Those unable to comply will be banned.
When you say something about Islam is it considered Anti-Muslim? Muslims are people while Islam is an idealogy. Dharmic people believe that all people are good while some sampardaya/rules/rituals/beliefs like Islam are not.
Sections 153A and 295A of the Indian Penal Code
Whoever (a) by words, either spoken or written, or by signs or by visible representations or otherwise, promotes or attempts to promote, on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, residence, language, caste or community or any other ground whatsoever, disharmony or feelings of enmity, hatred or ill-will between different religious, racial, language or regional groups or castes or communities, or (b) commits any act which is prejudicial to the maintenance of harmony between different religious, racial, language or regional groups or castes or communities, and which disturbs or is likely to disturb the public tranquillity, . . . shall be punished with imprisonment which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both.
Whoever, with deliberate and malicious intention of outraging the religious feelings of any class of citizens of India, by words, either spoken or written, or by signs or by visible representations or otherwise, insults or attempts to insult the religion or the religious beliefs of that class, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both
The mods will protect the BR forum. We will ban those who cannot comply with forum rules. This is not the place to discuss religion.
This is a military forum. We discuss missiles and tanks and bullets and such. Those who want to discuss other things are invited to go elsewhere on the Internet.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

^^^ Thanks!