Indian Military Fan Art

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
PratikDas
BRFite

Indian Military Fan Art

Post by PratikDas »

If it pleases the Mods, this thread might be a good place to showcase fan art for Indian military hardware and let folks let loose their creativity.
PratikDas
BRFite

Re: Indian Military Fan Art

Post by PratikDas »

Tejas - Air Force Fighter

Click for hi-res

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

If you'd like prints, I strongly recommend downloading the hi-res files from the hyperlinks above and having them printed yourself, either with your own printer or at an IT cafe, Fedex store, etc.

If you'd rather just have something readymade, have a look at this online store: https://tejas.threadless.com/

Please note that I set up the whole online store with threadless, without providing my credit card or bank account details. I won't make any money out of your purchases because I haven't even given them a means to send the money to me. You can set up your own store as well for your own designs and at no cost!
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Gagan needs to come in here - but wasn't there a vaguely similar thread with a similar purpose earlier? Or was it cartoons by BRFites?
PratikDas
BRFite

Post by PratikDas »

shiv wrote:Gagan needs to come in here - but wasn't there a vaguely similar thread with a similar purpose earlier? Or was it cartoons by BRFites?
Gagan ji absolutely should come here. In fact, his work goes well beyond fan art and I'd say his graphic breakdown of Tejas components by manufacturer has become a de facto reference.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Pratik, Set it up so they get to donate a $1/shirt to IAF family welfare fund.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Sri Ganesh !!!
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

ramana wrote:Pratik, Set it up so they get to donate a $1/shirt to IAF family welfare fund.
Pratik, I strongly endorse this. Please see if we can do this.

Also Saar, please may I request a change (in the ASQR) again? :oops: Sorry and do not shoot me! :)

Can you kindly remove the Ashoka Chakra - from the top two images - in your first post? I just want to see how it will look.
PratikDas
BRFite

Post by PratikDas »

ramana wrote:Pratik, Set it up so they get to donate a $1/shirt to IAF family welfare fund.
Rakesh wrote:
Pratik, I strongly endorse this. Please see if we can do this.
In the interest of transparency, please see how payments are handled by threadless: https://support.threadless.com/article/161-how-am-i-paid-for-my-design

I haven't loaded any PayPal account yet.

Since my PayPal account is not based in India, any monies would have to be transferred internationally before being deposited into the Air Force Association's bank account. The international bank transfer fees itself would significantly reduce the amount.

I'm quite happy to put someone's Indian PayPal account details into the threadless online store if the Mod(s) are satisfied that the said person will do the needful to transfer the amount to the Air Force.

Apart from the Air Force Association, there's also the Air Force Wives Welfare Association (AFWWA). I'm sorry to report that the hyperlink to http://www.afwwaservices.co.in/ from the IAF page http://indianairforce.nic.in/content/afwwa doesn't even work and I haven't figured out if it is even possible to donate to the AFWWA because I couldn't find any bank account details.

In any case, my offer to load an Indian PayPal account of a desh bhakt stands.
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

Pratik, can we add some "Radiance" to one of the pictures above..? Tejas sprading its tej..light rays emiting from the Tejas silhouette/Shape all around. Something like this: https://goo.gl/images/aAoQxh
There are many such images available on internet which can be added as a layer I suppose.

or may be you can add some vignette to the picture.? I don't know which one would look better. May be both..?

Also OK if I use one of the pictures on my Twitter Profile...? And possibly on other social media platforms..?
PratikDas
BRFite

Post by PratikDas »

Rakesh wrote:Also Saar, please may I request a change (in the ASQR) again? :oops: Sorry and do not shoot me! :)

Can you kindly remove the Ashoka Chakra - from the top two images - in your first post? I just want to see how it will look.
This is the least I can do.

Click for hi-res

PratikDas
BRFite

Post by PratikDas »

JayS wrote:Pratik, can we add some "Radiance" to one of the pictures above..? Tejas sprading its tej..light rays emiting from the Tejas silhouette/Shape all around. Something like this: https://goo.gl/images/aAoQxh
There are many such images available on internet which can be added as a layer I suppose.

or may be you can add some vignette to the picture.? I don't know which one would look better. May be both..?
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try!
JayS wrote:Also OK if I use one of the pictures on my Twitter Profile...? And possibly on other social media platforms..?
Absolutely! Feel free to edit as you please and use in any positive manner. No need to ask.
PratikDas
BRFite

Post by PratikDas »

JayS wrote:Pratik, can we add some "Radiance" to one of the pictures above..? Tejas sprading its tej..light rays emiting from the Tejas silhouette/Shape all around. Something like this: https://goo.gl/images/aAoQxh

How about this?

Click for hi-res

Before

After flare

After flare + vignette
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

PratikDas wrote: After flare + vignette
Pratik,
With your permission, I'd like to use this as my social media profile picture

Furthermore, i suggest that we start a social media campaign to cement this achievement of Tejas in the broader Indian psyche so that going forward, even the common citizen is aware of these achievement.
PratikDas
BRFite

Post by PratikDas »

Bala Vignesh wrote:
PratikDas wrote: After flare + vignette
Pratik,
With your permission, I'd like to use this as my social media profile picture

Furthermore, i suggest that we start a social media campaign to cement this achievement of Tejas in the broader Indian psyche so that going forward, even the common citizen is aware of these achievement.
Sir, think of it as open source. No permission needed. Improve as you like.