Poll thread on Indian General Election 2019

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.

Who do you want to see winning General election 2019 and heading India?

Poll ended at 17 Jul 2019 00:44

BJP & its allies headed by Narendra Modi
96%
Congress & its allies aka Mahagathbandhan headed by Rahul Gandhi
4%

Total votes: 212

Lilo
BRF Oldie

Re: Poll thread on Indian General Election 2019

Post by Lilo »

This poll thread is not for discussion.

I thought i made it prettymuch clear in the thread opening post .
If people are somehow unable to locate the election discussion thread - >> this is the thread for discussion viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7704

I think UB ji has a problem with this poll thread - which is why he repeatedly posts inane stuff quoting other's posts while trying to rake up a discussion in this thread which is not meant for discussions.

If any one has any doubts or concerns or suggestions or issues with this poll thread please raise them openly and in a straight forward manner like Abhijit ji and others have done.

Abhijit ji,
BRF is a Nationalist defence centric forum - i.e the mostly learned members from diverse backgrounds here can be expected to vote their political preference in the interest of the nation, seeing beyond regionalism or casteism or communalism or other such parochial loyalities based on which some aam Indians may vote, while the predictive polling has its own place(you can start a thread for poll predictions in an appropriate manner if you deem it necessary) this thread is to measure the political preference of such a forum.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

(UP data correction) Oh, good! (NDA-Energizer Bunny) person who told me that was in despair, now can perk up. Maybe the others could not respond because their electricity was not on?
Last edited by UlanBatori on 16 Apr 2019 17:41, edited 3 times in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I think UB ji has a problem with this poll thread - which is why he repeatedly posts inane stuff quoting other's posts while trying to rake up a discussion in this thread which is not meant for discussions.
Gee! Now THAT is an example of us citing a wrong post. You don't think we can conjure up inane stuff all by ourselves? Now that I think about, I AM confused by "no discussion" threads where a simple poll like at the top will suffice. Why post: "I Love RaGa" when I can simply click a poll button? "Vote NaMo/RaGa. Its EZer than thinking"?
Last edited by UlanBatori on 16 Apr 2019 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

^
Thanks for raising your confusion centered on this thread.
Please dont mischaracterize this thread and read the thread opening post carefully >> viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7678#p2315029

This thread is not merely a press a button to show "I Love RaGa" "simple poll at the top" thread.
You can also post a whole essay(no copying!) justifying your love for him after you have voted your preference for him, such an essay if posted wont be out of thread bounds.

Just dont give your comments quoting other's opinion/posts on why they voted for which preference and make it a discussion thread with back & forths - that is what is implied by a no discussion thread.

If you have an opinion on other's posts posted here justifying their respective poll preferences you can always xpost his/her post in the election discussion thread >> viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7704 and give your opinion quoting that post there.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Amazing. 3 more votes for RaGa since I voted. We'll all 9 b rich on May 24, no fear!!
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... sts/588127
A Look Inside the School Professionalizing India’s Nationalists
The institute’s classes offer a version of Indian history and society that has parallels with narratives pushed by the Steve Bannons and Nigel Farages of the world. India’s political establishment, the IIDL’s lecturers argue, has for years benefited from corrupt excesses, to the country’s detriment. In their telling, Westernization and globalization have caused more harm than good, and India’s path to greatness lies in reviving religious and cultural traditions. The world over, “democracy is failing,” Sahasrabuddhe told me. “If democracy is not in a position to cater to better quality of lives—if after changing government, I can’t see a change in my life, what is the pointThe IIDL offers educated men a respectable route in. “I was rejected from 80 government jobs before I applied here,” Anand Singh, an IIDL student, told me, before going on to describe an intense argument with his father when it came time to pay the fees. A classmate who had joined an RSS-affiliated student movement, Shashank Raj, told me that he hoped to pioneer a new kind of Indian politics, where corruption and profiteering were shunned. “I’m not here for my bread and butter,” he said. “I’m here to serve.”With elections now under way across India, the class of 2019 has begun cutting its teeth on the ground, doing internships with political heavyweights, organizing demonstrations, and helping canvass voters. Singh was made the rally coordinator for Uttar Pradesh, India’s most populous state, for Amit Shah, the BJP’s president, just weeks after graduating. It is a huge job, with perks and prestige.?”
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Thanks everyone for voting in this thread.

Truly elated that NaMo is back in the saddle for next five years.
And the country's administration continues to stay in the capable hands of Modi AMIT DOVAL

Sab ka Saath Sab ka Vikas!
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Lilo wrote:Thanks everyone for voting in this thread.

Truly elated that NaMo is back in the saddle for next five years.
And the country's administration continues to stay in the capable hands of Modi AMIT DOVAL

Sab ka Saath Sab ka Vikas!
Sab ke saath. Sab ka vikas. Sab ka vishwas.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

why is it running till July xx, 2019? it is nice though that I found it today and voted for Modi ji.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Closing this poll.