2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by darshan »

Vidur wrote: Agree on freeing temples but as you know the opposite is happening. All governments regardless of party will always raid temples as its easy money. Banning conversions will be difficult, UCC might be ineffective in these issues. 'Minorities' will simply not follow the law and adminstration will be unable to enforce it.

The fundamental problem is that regardless of law the administration will always be biased against Hindus as there is a very strong legislative and administrative weightage to word 'minority'. Section 295 (A) use and misuse is a great example. As a local administrator the first concern of a SP/SSP/DM/DC is to ensure law and order, not justice. They know that the muslim mob will go wild but Hindus wont so naturally administration acts accordingly and muslim veto exists on ground. Christian veto is growing as Christian numbers grow. March of demographics is relentless.

Cohesive, well organizsed, vocal and combative Hindu identity is essential to ensure basic survival of both hindus and the nation
+1. I have been trying to tell this point to GJ people since 2002. They simply fail to understand why police in GJ simply seals up Hindu areas when they sense something brewing in Muslim areas. The path of least resistance stays true independent of the political scene.
dsreedhar
BRFite

Post by dsreedhar »

OmkarC wrote:
At least 70% of India is still nominally Hindu, and southern India adds considerable numbers to that percentage, strengthening Hindutva-waad and incentivizing pan-Hinduism, being inclusive of lower castes, tribals (who are slowly being weaned away by marxists & missionaries) must be a priority.
Am sure our Dharmic "brothers" will find a revised sense of "brotherhood" if the Hindu community becomes more united and assertive, and stops holding some communities on pedestals for what their ancestors did.
+100. People only respect and like to associate with those who are strong and show corresponding attributes.
That's the mentality of today's khalistani Sikhs in west.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

ManSingh wrote:
Edited:
This view would make ISI proud. Actually it was the opposite which is true. The reason Sikhs chose India after partition because they did not trust Jinnah and Muslim league.

The divisive view you talk about goes to pre-partition era when there were multiple opinions on what the sikh community should choose. Only one district was Sikh majority at partition ( Ludhiana ). Some Akali's wanted a separate nation others wanted to be a part of India. Some Akali's held memberships of both parties ( congress and Akali ) and thus followed Nehru's vision ( united India vs partition based on religion ).
ManSinghji, I think you have misunderstood my post. I have clearly stated that the opinions expressed are not by any India based Sikhs. These have been expressed by non India based Sikhs, that self identify themselves as Khalistanis.Which means a subset of the expat Sikhs.

From my dealings with these Khalistanis, there seem to be a concerted effort at rewriting history. Even after accepting excesses of Indira Gandhi and the Congress role in Delhi riots, their latest narrative is to ignore the brutal killings of Hindus being dragged from buses, the evening firmans or death edicts that Bhindranwale used to issue etc. etc. Indeed, there is complete denial of the AI Kanishka bombing and the Delhi transistor bombings. In such a situation, do you think it is far fetched that they have a view of having a Khalistan that is closely aligned with Pakistan? I would not be surprised if at some point they rewrite history to mention that the Gurus were never killed by Mughals but rather by Hindus in disguise.... they are already on that path by claiming that true Sikhi panth is only practised in Canada/UK/US and not in India. Ironically, it is the second generation that is more likely to say this than the ones that migrated in the 80s. These have a superficial understanding of India apart from a few visits to Punjab and zero appreciation of cultural strands that bind Hindus and Sikhs in Punjab. They are quite good on social media, and publicizing the innate goodness of sewa tradition of the Sikh religion. To be fair, they are miles ahead in the social and community aspect as compred to the Hindu diaspora... but that is another discussion.

It would be very stupid if anyone thinks that they are representative of Sikhs in general.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Tanaji wrote:From my dealings with these Khalistanis, there seem to be a concerted effort at rewriting history.
When you meet people and talk to them, you form an impression of them.
I can honestly say that every khalistani I have met gave the impression of being paranoid and a mentally disturbed.

There was a video recently of a UK Indian journalist, called Loveena Tandon, she was hounded out of the Havelock Rd Gurudwara in Southall by a khalistani, who accused her of being a "Hindu spy". It was very sad to watch.

Then there was another journalist filming outside the same temple.
A huge picture of Bhinderwale was posted on the temple, the same size and level as Guru Nanak. Anyway the journalist was filmed or positioned in such a way that the image of Bhinderwale was blocked by her. Que the demands for her to apologize, it was deliberate, a conspiracy. The Indian govt was pulling the strings & giving the orders. She was threatened and abused online.

If you are ever questioned by them, they quickly turn hostile and threatening if they realize that you do not support their paranoid views.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Part of it is the script. Much as evangelists have a script. It is less for Hindu consumption than for other Sikhs'. It is an agenda of intimidation. For silencing the sane, reasonable Sikh, ie the majority. It is the willingness to escalate to violence that terrorises the co-religionist.

The oldest story in the book. Whether it is Christian cults (called denominations) or Lenin-Trotsky, Mao and I forget the name of the defence minister killed on his way to the USSR, the most intolerant wins. Of course there is always the temptation for moderates to use these proxies to further their agenda but eventually they have to dismount the tiger. We saw how that ended in Punjab.
ManSingh
BRFite

Post by ManSingh »

Haresh wrote:
Tanaji wrote:From my dealings with these Khalistanis, there seem to be a concerted effort at rewriting history.
When you meet people and talk to them, you form an impression of them.
I can honestly say that every khalistani I have met gave the impression of being paranoid and a mentally disturbed.

There was a video recently of a UK Indian journalist, called Loveena Tandon, she was hounded out of the Havelock Rd Gurudwara in Southall by a khalistani, who accused her of being a "Hindu spy". It was very sad to watch.

Then there was another journalist filming outside the same temple.
A huge picture of Bhinderwale was posted on the temple, the same size and level as Guru Nanak. Anyway the journalist was filmed or positioned in such a way that the image of Bhinderwale was blocked by her. Que the demands for her to apologize, it was deliberate, a conspiracy. The Indian govt was pulling the strings & giving the orders. She was threatened and abused online.

If you are ever questioned by them, they quickly turn hostile and threatening if they realize that you do not support their paranoid views.
I too see the same. A lot of the second generation ( cousin's ) think I am crazy when we discuss anything positive about India. The older generation also harbors the same emotions though they are more nuanced in the beginning. The second generation did not develop their opinion in a vacuum. In my opinion it is futile to discuss anything with them. They are "not" Indians by any stretch. It's better to discuss U.K. or Canadian politics with them and hear their cluelessness about that as well. If you ever happen to get into a debate ask them the question "Will you give your Canadian/UK passports and live in Khalistan"? Better still keep your sanity and do not engage with them.

There is some realization that their agenda will never come to fruition. The demographics of Punjab make their dreams impossible. This is why "Referendum 2020" came to a naught. In some aspects the unwanted aggression is sad because the lack of ability to integrate cost them their own ( Surrey, U.K. drug problem ) and essentially wasted an entire generation. There could have been very important lessons that could have been learnt from the experience of the lost generation. But the leadership refuses to look inwards. I guess it is easier to have a vote bank, if you keep your constituents perpetually angry and externalize the threat.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

There is some realization that their agenda will never come to fruition. The demographics of Punjab make their dreams impossible. This is why "Referendum 2020" came to a naught. In some aspects the unwanted aggression is sad because the lack of ability to integrate cost them their own ( Surrey, U.K. drug problem ) and essentially wasted an entire generation. There could have been very important lessons that could have been learnt from the experience of the lost generation. But the leadership refuses to look inwards. I guess it is easier to have a vote bank, if you keep your constituents perpetually angry and externalize the threat.

That is insightful. One problem is the universal experience of the immigrant from poorer countries, they develop one of two reactions: either a soft focus nostalgia for the old country (seen in idealisation of the Punjab of the old days) or an antipathy to everything to do with the old country. Second generation of Greek or Portuguese immigrants are the same, great pride in Greece or Portugal until they go there and see the poverty and filth.

The question is why?

I think it's due to the inevitable dislocation, of one's sense of belonging apart from the physical translocation.The disadvantages of language and ethnicity is conflated somehow with the old country's quaint ways and relative poverty. The culture you refer to in Surrey is the result of the 'insularisation of anomie' (trademark), drugs and money being a way of democratic equalisation, of success. The harder (less democratic way) is through education and hard work.

Hindus Chinese Jews possibly Nigerians choose the latter. Italians, Portuguese, Sikhs, Muslims may find it easier to take the first route.

Of course there are many Sikhs who also are in the second category. I reflexively call them Hinduised Sikhs, perhaps not the most flattering term.
dsreedhar
BRFite

Post by dsreedhar »

I think there is a need for dialogue between hindus and sikhs in west starting from college/university level. Most hindus confined to just STEM and that world. Those hindus who are active into politics, social science and activism are usually leftists who reinforce khalistani thought.
There is serious need for dharmic hindus to open up their voice and say in public space.
kosminari
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kosminari »

The dialogue between hindus and sikhs would have been great idea but sanity is not prevailing post 2013, when Modi was declared PM candidate.

From supremacist beliefs like Sikhs saved "All" hindus from Aurangzeb to outright stupid statements like Modi himself took a lathi and participated in 2002 riots, I have been witnessing this nonsense and everything in between.

Disconnecting power from Jio towers and stealing generators for Gurdwaras is just another pin in the headgear, Considering Brookfield Infrastructure Partners (A Canadian company) bought 100% (175000) Jio Towers last year.

Insanity is at awesome levels, no amount of dialogue can bring it down.

I hope.Modi goverment does not bows down to this Shaheen Bagh type blackmail and take off the valvet gloves sooner than later. In Modern democracy like India only state has the right of violence and state must assert this right.
triank
BRFite -Trainee

Post by triank »

Rahul Gandhi handed over two crore signatures to President against agricultural laws of which one fourth share UP Congress

https://www.jagran.com/uttar-pradesh/lu ... 10898.html

after the tiresome campaign raul baby deservedly flew off to famiglia in italy to cool himself off.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

kosminari wrote:The dialogue between hindus and sikhs would have been great idea but sanity is not prevailing post 2013, when Modi was declared PM candidate.

From supremacist beliefs like Sikhs saved "All" hindus from Aurangzeb to outright stupid statements like Modi himself took a lathi and participated in 2002 riots, I have been witnessing this nonsense and everything in between.

Disconnecting power from Jio towers and stealing generators for Gurdwaras is just another pin in the headgear, Considering Brookfield Infrastructure Partners (A Canadian company) bought 100% (175000) Jio Towers last year.

Insanity is at awesome levels, no amount of dialogue can bring it down.

I hope.Modi goverment does not bows down to this Shaheen Bagh type blackmail and take off the valvet gloves sooner than later. In Modern democracy like India only state has the right of violence and state must assert this right.
I think what is required is Khalistan, but it should start 32 KM West of Amritsar and should Include traditional Sikh cities of Peshawar, Toba Tej singh etc. Some 50000km of this land should do. Those who meat other than Jatka must immediately vacate this land, this is required for long term peace in the Indian Subcontinent.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Haresh wrote:

Harishji
There was a recent BBC documentary on Grooming and Abuse amongst Sikh underage girls in UK
This has not found too much leverage and coverage given the family 'izzat' etc.
Very telling and again the the preps are the 'peace-full's'
The girls in most cases being packed off toe Kanada or Amerika to live the relatives and cousins!!
Khalistanis and the Pakis wont talk about this issue
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

ManSingh wrote: ( Surrey, U.K. drug problem ).
Could someone please elaborate, I do not understand this part. Thank you.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Lisa wrote:Could someone please elaborate, I do not understand this part. Thank you.
I would suggest that you Google "Indo-Canadian gangs"

We have this trouble in London/UK as well.
The Sikh gangs do tend to be khalistan supporters
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Crime syndicates of Indian origin funding pro-Khalistan leaders in Canada (IANS Exclusive)

Crime syndicates of Indian origin funding pro-Khalistan leaders in Canada (IANS Exclusive)
New Delhi, June 4 (IANS) Indo-Canadian crime syndicates, dominated by Indian expatriates from Punjab, are funding secessionist groups, including Sikhs for Justice (SFJ), in a bid to rekindle the Khalistan movement in India.

Crime syndicates like Dhaliwal and Grewal gangs, involved in drug trafficking and operating out of the Canadian state of British Columbia, are linked to SFJ leader Gurpatwant Singh Pannu and his aides, revealed a confidential report prepared by the Indian intelligence agencies.

Dhaliwal and Grewal gangs founded a Vancouver-based notorious mafia syndicate ''Brothers Keepers''. Besides drug trafficking, contract killing and gun running, Brothers Keepers also fund SFJ leaders and those associated with the Khalistan movement.

The report says that with the support of illicit funds, extremist Sikh leader Gurpatwant Singh Pannu is conspiring to bring several Khalistani factions under one umbrella, and on this Sunday (June 7), he would be addressing a global video conference in this connection.

The US based pro-Khalistan SFJ group was banned by the Narendra Modi government in July 2019 for its anti-Indian activities.

The SFJ, which also has links with Pakistani establishments, has been pushing for a referendum for self-determination by the Sikh community in support of Khalistan. Several key activists of SFJ were identified in India and as of now over a dozen cases have been registered against them.

Most of these cases, having international ramifications, are being investigated by the National Investigation Agency (NIA). The intelligence report reviewed by IANS said that SFJ, which was receiving funds from Canadian syndicates, was also transferring money to its activists in Punjab and Tarai area of Uttar Pradesh through hawala.

The deep-rooted nexus between Canadian gangsters of Indian origin and pro-Khalistan Sikh leaders in the US and Canada is not new. Earlier, a top Sikh politician was accused of having linkages with drug kingpin Ranjeet Singh Cheema.

In early 2000 Cheema had founded one of the biggest cartels of cocaine smuggling in Canada. Cheema and slain gangster Bhupinder Singh Sohal were responsible for over a dozen killings in Canada during 1990-2012.

Much-talked about member of the Canadian Parliament, Jagmeet Singh Dhaliwal, is also seen as a fundraiser for pro-Khalistan activities. Jagmeet Singh, born to immigrant Indian parents, caught the attention of Indian agencies when he organised a conference of pro-Khalistan activists in Ontario in 2013, aimed at maligning the image of India abroad.

Two years later in 2015, as a legislature member of NDP, Jagmeet Singh appeared at a pro-Khalistan rally in San Francisco. In recent years, Jagmeet Singh had showered praises on dreaded terror leader Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale, who was killed in a gunfight during Operation Blue Star in 1984.

The Royal Canadian Mountain Police (RCMP) have listed over nine Indo-Canadian crime groups involved in drug trafficking, extortion, money laundering and kidnapping. The gangs have links with Mexican drug cartels through which they smuggle cocaine, while back in Punjab these groups are connected with South Asian gangs involved in cross-border smuggling of heroin.

Presently the most active gang, Brothers Keepers, recruits young Canadians of Indian origin. Earlier in a major statewide crackdown in British Columbia, the RCMP and local police agencies had arrested 14 gangsters, including five belonging to Punjab, in one of the biggest ever operations in British Columbia''s history in 2018.

The RCMP recovered 120 firearms, 50 kg drugs and cash worth over $1.6 million from the Indian origin gangsters during raids at different hideouts.

--IANS
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Thank you. Have read both the above. Unbelievable!

Have been around Gurdwaras all my life but our community is distinctly different. We attend a Kenyan Gurdwara that has remained aloof from dictates from India. No eating by sitting on the floor, only on tables and chairs, no fund raising for khalistan, no photos of bindranwale, etc. With the deepest of respects to all, some Indian Sikhs have attempted to impose their will but have been confronted and thrown out, repeatedly.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Please watch youtube videos of Sikh Awareness Society. They go around Gurudwaras advising the people and showing videos of the sexually groomed girls by pakistani males. 28 were arrested in England
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Most khalistanis are illiterate non-professionals and full of hatred. They are non-Sikh. I call them Macauliffe's son. It was Macauliffe who advised British to create three regiments from Punjab.
1. Punjab regiment for Khatris (Hindus and Sikhs)
2. Sikh light infantry for Mazhabi Sikhs.
3. Sikh Regiment for Jutt Sikhs.

There was never such a division in Punjab before this. Upper castes retiring soldiers were given agricultural lands as pension. The Jutt Sikhs got all the power, money, etc and are basically controlling Sikhism to their own vested interests. I know this because I am also a jutt sikh.
RajaRudra
BRFite

Post by RajaRudra »

Paul wrote:

New Delhi, June 4 (IANS) Indo-Canadian crime syndicates, dominated by Indian expatriates from Punjab, are funding secessionist groups, including Sikhs for Justice (SFJ), in a bid to rekindle the Khalistan movement in India.

--IANS
I am not a Punjabi, It's kind of a sad feeling. Feeling like my own kids/relatives are struck in the black hole but not sure how to make them come out.

Having a lot of relatives in US and Canada .Canada is kind of staging area for three of my relatives. This guys will go there to some Phd, will work there for couple of years then will move to US. Same script always.

In Hindus Case,
First, they are not much involved in religious things, what ever they do is like celebrations(without rituals or less rituals)
Second, they don't care to push their narratives to their second generation.
Some are fully into organized celebration groups(like ArtOfLiving, Sadguru) etc
A lot of scope in getting more united politically.

In Sikhs Case,(just my understanding from news papers and twitter)
The first generation, needs to show a certain level of distrust to India and its culture - to get the status of refugees
- Second generation had no choice, but the ideas and fantasies are pushed by the first generation.
- Good / Bad things will multiply many times more with each transition(every generation).
Now the problem is, what the current generation in UK/Canada thinks, is no where near the actuals in India in general and Punjap in particular.

Thanks to active ISI help in organizing the bad elements in the community, the saner once are also getting pulled into this type of negative whirlpool and harming themselves and the society.

Each Sikh/Hindus(UK, Canada, India) getting killed in drug, mafia, terrorism is lose not only to Sikhs/Hindus but also one enemy less to Pakistan. If the Sikhs(in uk , canada etc.) stop being in bad cartels and become aware of the actuals one day(even if its after few generations), then it is like ISI losing one big ally but also that ally now becoming an enemy.

Oversees, Both Sikhs and Hindus needs to learn a lot from each other. One thing as a Hindu I think what we can learn from Sikhs is being united and organized politically.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

Very important video.

A Sikh farmer from Punjab exposes the conspiracy and the modus operandi of the "Farmers' Agitation"

Mostly in Hindi. Some Punjabi.

Lots of ground-level details. Please watch through the end.

Sikh farmer exposes the conspiracy behind the "Farmers' Agitation"

P.S.: I am sorry I don't know how to fix the YouTube link above to make it start from the beginning. Please rewind to the beginning of the video to catch the entire conversation.
Last edited by Kakkaji on 29 Dec 2020 20:37, edited 1 time in total.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Kakkaji wrote:Very important video.

A Sikh farmer from Punjab exposes the conspiracy and the modus operandi of the "Farmers' Agitation"

Mostly in Hindi. Some Punjabi.

Lots of ground-level details. Please watch through the end.

Sikh farmer exposes the conspiracy behind the "Farmers' Agitation"

P.S.: I am sorry I don't know how to fix the YouTube link above to make it start from the beginning. Please rewind to the beginning of the video to catch the entire conversation.

here you go, saar

Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

Thank you Chetak-Saab!
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

KCR talking sense:

KCR backs farm laws: Purchase at MSP not possible, farmers free to sell anywhere
“The government is not a business entity. Not Rice Miller, not Dal Miller. Purchases and sales are not the responsibility of the government. So it will not be possible to set up purchasing centers in villages from next year,” the chief minister’s office said.

KCR further said that despite buying at a support price from farmers, his government was selling those crops at a lower price due to lack of market demand. He said that the purchases of crops such as paddy, maize, sorghum, lentils, sorghum and millets had so far caused losses of nearly Rs 7,500 crore. The loss was Rs 3,935 crore due to grain purchases alone.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

"From my dealings with these Khalistanis, there seem to be a concerted effort at rewriting history. Even after accepting excesses of Indira Gandhi and the Congress role in Delhi riots, their latest narrative is to ignore the brutal killings of Hindus being dragged from buses, the evening firmans or death edicts that Bhindranwale used to issue etc. etc. Indeed, there is complete denial of the AI Kanishka bombing and the Delhi transistor bombings. In such a situation, do you think it is far fetched that they have a view of having a Khalistan that is closely aligned with Pakistan? I would not be surprised if at some point they rewrite history to mention that the Gurus were never killed by Mughals but rather by Hindus in disguise.... they are already on that path by claiming that true Sikhi panth is only practised in Canada/UK/US and not in India. Ironically, it is the second generation that is more likely to say this than the ones that migrated in the 80s. These have a superficial understanding of India apart from a few visits to Punjab and zero appreciation of cultural strands that bind Hindus and Sikhs in Punjab. They are quite good on social media, and publicizing the innate goodness of sewa tradition of the Sikh religion. To be fair, they are miles ahead in the social and community aspect as compred to the Hindu diaspora... but that is another discussion.

It would be very stupid if anyone thinks that they are representative of Sikhs in general"

This is the problem we face in the UK. There has been almost complete silence on the issue of moslem rape gangs targetting Indian origin girls, even if they are Sikh. I think the silence is because although they know this is happening they don't want to alienate what they see as an ally.
They don't seem to give much or indeed any consideration to how the paks would treat Sikh girls or Siks in general of khalistan was ever created and allied/dependent on pak.

However this entire thing needs to be looked at in context.
khalistan is a caste based movement. All the one's I have ever met or heard from have put the word "jat" before the word Sikh.
The Ramgariah and Ravidassia Sikhs do not sympathise with it. Neither do the Khatri ones.

Taking caste into consideration, they are a minority. They just shout the loudest.
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

In a particular nizamabad village, where my fathers family is from, the current dowry rate(during my 2019 visit) among the local farmer castes was 1 crore.

Let that sink in
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Kakkaji wrote:Thank you Chetak-Saab!

not to mention, saar.

my pleasure onlee.

original url; only the highlighted part after V= is to be used. selection highlighted for clarity only

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po2HwSaNXn8

YouTube link using selection highlighted and the youtube button above like so:
[ youtube]Po2HwSaNXn8[/youtube ] Close outer square brackets without space
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

the towers belong to a kaneda company :mrgreen:

soft background music playing "loveday lag gaye, trudeau, loveday lag gaye"

Towers which were vandalized by alleged Farmers in Punjab thinking it belonged to Reliance should know that Jio Infratel sold it's Tower business to Brookfield Infrastructure, Canada in September 2020 in Rs 25215 crore

Reliance Jio tower assets sold to Canada's Brookfield for Rs 25,000 crore
Reliance Industrial Investments and Holdings (RIIHL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries (RIL), has entered into binding agreements with Canada’s Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP and its institutional partners for an investment of Rs 25,215 crore in the telecom tower assets of the RIL.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

vijayk wrote:Image
Source? Author? Something?
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Kakkaji wrote:KCR talking sense:

KCR backs farm laws: Purchase at MSP not possible, farmers free to sell anywhere
“The government is not a business entity. Not Rice Miller, not Dal Miller. Purchases and sales are not the responsibility of the government. So it will not be possible to set up purchasing centers in villages from next year,” the chief minister’s office said.

KCR further said that despite buying at a support price from farmers, his government was selling those crops at a lower price due to lack of market demand. He said that the purchases of crops such as paddy, maize, sorghum, lentils, sorghum and millets had so far caused losses of nearly Rs 7,500 crore. The loss was Rs 3,935 crore due to grain purchases alone.
Just a few days back KCR was organizing the anti-farm law bandh using the full power of the state machinery.

What changed?
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

KLNMurthy wrote: Source? Author? Something?
Beware the MSP trap, it will bankrupt govt and cripple trade

Different source but the article is identical.
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

Haresh wrote:"I would not be surprised if at some point they rewrite history to mention that the Gurus were never killed by Mughals but rather by Hindus in disguise.... they are already on that path by claiming that true Sikhi panth is only practised in Canada/UK/US and not in India.
Maybe the role of these dudes is being overstated - there are only a grand total of 5 lakh Sikhs in Canada. Even if 10 percent of them are Khalistanis, that is only 50k. How are they deciding the future of Sikhism? In contrast, Punjab has 1.6 crore Sikhs.
Aldonkar
BRFite

Post by Aldonkar »

Rsatchi wrote:
Haresh wrote:

Harishji
There was a recent BBC documentary on Grooming and Abuse amongst Sikh underage girls in UK
This has not found too much leverage and coverage given the family 'izzat' etc.
Very telling and again the the preps are the 'peace-full's'
The girls in most cases being packed off toe Kanada or Amerika to live the relatives and cousins!!
Khalistanis and the Pakis wont talk about this issue
The link between Khalistani and Pakistanis makes me smile because I well remember a series of "clashes" as the UK police (Thames Valley Police) called them between Sikh youths from the Southall area and Muslims (Pakis) from Slough. The Pakistanis had been coming to Southall (heavily Sikh) to chat up (and groom) Sikh girls often pretending to be Sikhs as they spoke Punjabi. When the Sikh youths found out they invaded the Slough neighbourhoods inhabited by Pakistanis by the carload and using their handy hockey sticks beat up a number of Paki youths. The predominantly white police did not realize what was behind it but Asians did, especially the Pakis.

This was in the late eighties and nineties. Ther were stories that the Pakis attempted to groom Bangladeshi girls too, and I know for a fact that in the late nineties, my own daughter was propositioned on the street of the town where we lived by a young Paki of similar age. My daughter, of South Indian appearance, born and raised in the UK, told him politely that his sister might be more receptive.

I note that Haresh has lived in Southall, maybe he has some recollection of those times.
dsreedhar
BRFite

Post by dsreedhar »

I recently come across video of Sukhi Chahal. He is a very sensible and dharmic Sikh. He is actively fighting against the khalistani folks. For now it seems he is a lone active voice. He is Founder/President of "The Khalsa Today" and Chairman of Punjab Foundation (www.punjabfoundation.org).
Hindus need to work together and support him.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://www.businesstoday.in/sectors/te ... 14789.html

Brookfield-led team completes Rs 25,000 crore deal to buy out Reliance Jio's tower arm
Brookfield and a group of investors including Singapore's sovereign wealth fund GIC had inked a deal with RIL in December 2019 and had been awaiting regulatory approval
Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) announced on Tuesday that Canada-based Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP and its institutional partners have bought its (Reliance Jio's) telecom tower assets for Rs 25,215 crore ($3.4 billion). The investment will be in the form of around Rs 105 crore in equity and the remainder as debt.

Brookfield and a group of investors including Singapore's sovereign wealth fund GIC had inked a deal with RIL in December 2019 and had been awaiting regulatory approval.

Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

Interview with another Sikh farmer in Punjab about the "Farmers' Agitation"

SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

dsreedhar wrote:I recently come across video of Sukhi Chahal. He is a very sensible and dharmic Sikh. He is actively fighting against the khalistani folks. For now it seems he is a lone active voice. He is Founder/President of "The Khalsa Today" and Chairman of Punjab Foundation (http://www.punjabfoundation.org).
Hindus need to work together and support him.

Off course he is my friend.