2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by KLNMurthy »

m_saini wrote:
KLNMurthy wrote: Source? Author? Something?
Beware the MSP trap, it will bankrupt govt and cripple trade

Different source but the article is identical.
Thanks
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Haresh wrote:
This is the problem we face in the UK. There has been almost complete silence on the issue of moslem rape gangs targetting Indian origin girls, even if they are Sikh. I think the silence is because although they know this is happening they don't want to alienate what they see as an ally.
They don't seem to give much or indeed any consideration to how the paks would treat Sikh girls or Siks in general of khalistan was ever created and allied/dependent on pak.

However this entire thing needs to be looked at in context.
khalistan is a caste based movement. All the one's I have ever met or heard from have put the word "jat" before the word Sikh.
The Ramgariah and Ravidassia Sikhs do not sympathise with it. Neither do the Khatri ones.

Taking caste into consideration, they are a minority. They just shout the loudest.
Hareshji,

From my experience with dealing with non Indian Khalistanis, I have pigeon holed them into multiple types:

The Idealists:
These are ones who probably came over in the 1980s and had some legitimate grudges against the Indian state. Over time, this grudge has increased, either unwilling for immigration purposes or as a self justification for leaving India. They at least have some idea of the various cultural threads that bind Hindus and Muslims, although they may not highlight the fact often. These are a vanishing breed these days having been pushed to the periphery by the other types below, or are more held up as a figurehead by the others to canvass for funds.

The Activists:
This is the type you will most frequently come across. These days a lot of them are second generation, be it UK/Canada/US. They are decently educated and most of them are successful financially. These types are quite active on social media, and some of them are very articulate and make the most noise in getting their point across. These are also quite active in their gurudwara, either financially or physically and are in the forefront of arranging protests, demonstrations etc., though may stop at violence. You will see them at the protests, handing out placards or food or "security" etc. They will also be present at community kitchens with their logos etc. They will make visits to India every so often, and on return claim how they tried to educate them but how Sikhs in their community are stubborn, but they are trying to make progress. They have no clue of how India works in practice and the cultural strands that bind. When you ask them about real societal problems in Punjab, they will brush it off or have no answer or blame it on Bluestar somehow.

In many respects they are similar to idealistic Christian missionaries. Full of zeal and righteous fervour and dropping reference to bible (stories about the Gurus in their case), but no real understanding. They donate quite heavily to the Cause. The Referendum 2020 and SYJ thing arose from here, but the latter has now been hijacked by the Opportunists below.

The Opportunists:
These are the most articulate and sometimes the most public faces of the Khalistani movements. They will spew the most virulent hatred against India and Hindus, although I suspect how much of belief they have themselves in the movement itself. What they are in for, is money. The huge amounts of money that gets collected eventually ends up being channelled through them. On the face of it, they have no real source of income, but will invariably have wads of cash and associated stuff. They talk a real good game of what they will do, but rarely get their hands dirty. They are aided by a good number of hanger-ons: these are invariably youths with a poor educational background and opportunities financially. These are the ones that will deface statues, throw stones, tomatoes, eggs etc at Indian embassy gatherings etc. These will also spout nonsense about how they had a third cousin twice removed who either fought with the fifth in command under Bhindranwale and killed 100 Indian soldiers OR personally knew someone who was killed in Delhi riots in the most brutal form possible. These are also the types when they go to their village in India will deck themselves up with every bling bling possible and con(vince) them on how successful they are, never mind that they are living on benefits in the most shithole place in Southall/Vancouver....

The gangs referred to earlier in your post also form a part of this group in my opinion.

The Unwilling
These are NOT in the same grouping as above. These are composed of either newly arrived (0-5 years) from India OR are the parents of the Activists. The former go along with the Activists at the Gurudware because they want to have a sense of belonging and it is the only form of support they have in the city. In their heart they probably know the earlier types are full of *hit but keep mum. The parents do so because it is the only way they can have peace in their house. Only a few of these will actually show up at demonstrations, some will contribute initially but most will try to find a better Gurudware to go to... I have nothing but sympathy for them: it is hard to speak up in their shoes, I can understand. Note I am not implying all new arrivals belong to this group, just some...

The above are gross generalisations but are based on my experience.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

The other thing to note is their attitude towards anyone not a "pure" Sikh from their view point. When you ask them about why there is such prevalence of Deras in Punjab interior and why such a lot of Sikhs gravitate to them, the answer is one of the two:
  • They are heretics and not true Sikhs and should be ignored
  • It is all because of Central Government (read Hindus) that is propping up these Deras
On being asked as to why other Sikh castes (it is strange typing "caste" along with Sikh as such should not exist...) are not present in positions of influence at Gurudwares or government, the answer is that they are not qualified.

The ease with how a good section of Sikh community is dismissed by them is breath taking and frankly a bit terrifying. Many years ago when some Dera leader got shot during his visit in Germany, there was literal exultation among the Khalistani types...
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

There was a tidbit shared in one of the Sham Sharma show where a poll showed that pure Khalistanis are never more than 15% even at the height of militancy. What these 15% do have is the ability to shape the narrative for current and future generations and force policy positions in Canada and elsewhere.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... e-7123947/

Kisan Rail carried 27,000 tonnes, Devlali-Danapur most popular route

So far, the Kisan Rail has run regularly on 10 routes. One route — between Yeshvantpur and Delhi — exhausted its seasonal demand a while ago.
Kisan Rail trains have ferried around 27,000 tonnes of produce so far, and half of the trips made so far were by trains running between Devlali in Maharashtra and Danapur in Bihar.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the 100th Kisan Rail train on Monday, which is also plying between Devlali and Danapur — a popular offering which has now been extended to run between Sangola to Muzaffarpur and has carried over 15,450 tonnes of produce.

The Kisan Rail train carries vegetables such as cauliflower, capsicum, cabbage, drumsticks, chillies, onion, etc, as well as fruits like grapes, oranges, pomegranate, banana, custard apple. The loading and unloading of perishable commodities will be permitted at all en route stoppages and no minimum or maximum size of consignment. The government has extended a subsidy of 50 per cent on transportation of fruits and vegetables.

The multi-commodity train service has been popular as it also carries relatively small quantities of produce brought in by small, individual farmers. For example, there have been consignments as small as 30 kg of pomegranate from Nashik to Muzaffarpur, for which Railways charged Rs 124, or of a few dozen eggs sent from Manmad to Khandwa, for which Railways charged a freight of Rs 34.
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

Why is no one talking about how Punjab is fast desertifying and becoming a poisonous pesticide cesspool precisely due to market distortions such as subsidies for crazy cash crops (yes Paddy is a cash crop for Punjab). Forget about bankrupting the government, the state will not last at this rate. There are towns with cancer trains, the forest cover is 3-4%. I find it unbelievable that the cadre has so little love for the state that they cannot see what is staring them in the eye.
It's high time half of these people moved to Canada. Forget about the farmers protests, the whole farming set-up is horribly costly for India.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

sanjayc wrote:
Maybe the role of these dudes is being overstated - there are only a grand total of 5 lakh Sikhs in Canada. Even if 10 percent of them are Khalistanis, that is only 50k. How are they deciding the future of Sikhism? In contrast, Punjab has 1.6 crore Sikhs.
Abput 70,000 across the country, the majority being in Toronto and Vancouver. If the recent demonstrations that occur weekly are an indicator of support, less than 500 cars have showed up on each occasion. The impression we get is that Khalistani groups externalising their 'vote-bank' in Liberal ridings (electoral seat). If there was wide-spread support, they wouldn't put people at the gates of the gurdwaras to ensure only their sangat are allowed inside during ardas. The vast majority are Monas ironically, and they won't let Sahajdhari Sikhs inside like myself, so we have our own Gurdwaras that face the occasional harassment.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

https://www.businesstoday.in/sectors/te ... 14789.html

Brookfield-led team completes Rs 25,000 crore deal to buy out Reliance Jio's tower arm
Brookfield and a group of investors including Singapore's sovereign wealth fund GIC had inked a deal with RIL in December 2019 and had been awaiting regulatory approval
Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) announced on Tuesday that Canada-based Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP and its institutional partners have bought its (Reliance Jio's) telecom tower assets for Rs 25,215 crore ($3.4 billion). The investment will be in the form of around Rs 105 crore in equity and the remainder as debt.
More than Brookfield and Jio deal, I think there is another angle that needs to be explored. There is a massive industry owned by Kannadian sikhs who sell desi products (wheat, flour, ghee, spices etc.) in YooS and Kannada. I'm not 100% sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if a group of these bizzness people are Khalistani supporters; and desis in the land of milk'O honey are, unknowingly and indirectly supporting it.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Most of the posts can be moved to the new Punjab thread. Also this thread is 250 pages long now.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

If there was wide-spread support, they wouldn't put people at the gates of the gurdwaras to ensure only their sangat are allowed inside during ardas. The vast majority are Monas ironically, and they won't let Sahajdhari Sikhs inside like myself, so we have our own Gurdwaras that face the occasional harassment.

It is this kind of fine detail of information that is so important for people to know. I think non-Sikhs especially in India do not know any more than the narrative of outrage spun by the vocal few. That is why I have counselled not letting the fire rush to your head even when taunted. There is a real risk of physical intimidation even in Canada. Indians need to understand the constraints operating here. Just ride this farm protest thing out, it isn't a zero sum game. Panjab needs to graduate out of its agrarian economy. The best persuasion is other parts of India doing better. That example will speak eloquently.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

DId not know this fact on Adani ... Indians are so stupid ... We dump on our own rags to riche stories but fall at the feet of Goras like slaves
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Rise of Adani is closely tied to Modi because he was in the infrastructure business which is exactly what Modi has emphasized during his tenure. Leave it up to Amul baby to spin this as corruption.

Not to mention Indians hate success, especially of other Indians. Sadhguru has a nice video about this phenomenon.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Jarita wrote:Why is no one talking about how Punjab is fast desertifying and becoming a poisonous pesticide cesspool precisely due to market distortions such as subsidies for crazy cash crops (yes Paddy is a cash crop for Punjab). Forget about bankrupting the government, the state will not last at this rate. There are towns with cancer trains, the forest cover is 3-4%. I find it unbelievable that the cadre has so little love for the state that they cannot see what is staring them in the eye.
It's high time half of these people moved to Canada. Forget about the farmers protests, the whole farming set-up is horribly costly for India.
What is a cancer train?
dwaipayandhar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by dwaipayandhar »

In my last office we had a Sikh colleague who had returned from Canada. Apparently, he had migrated there for higher studies and had to come back after he met with an accident there( atleast that is what he used to say).

We used to talk with him about Canada, life over there etc and he used to tell us stories about other Punjabis over there.

Noticed a few common things from the conversations:

1. Most of the Punjabis there are into the transportation business.

2. They are very rich and consider wealth as the only parameter that defines a man's status.

3. The present generation is not hard working as the previous generation and are mostly boozing or partying while their fathers and uncles look after the business.

4. This guy hated Modi like anything and blamed him for all the ills in the world but will not engage in any meaningful conversation as to why he hated him. If you tried to reason with him, he will get angry and try to browbeat you into submission.

5. Love for Pakis is seen to be believed and can only be trumped by love for Kejriwal.

7. Has a real identity crisis. Not sure if he wants to stay in India or Pakistan or Canada.

8. This has led to him being short tempered and shout at anyone who did not agree with his views.

We suspected that he was influenced when he was in Canada and once he came back he was unable to accept that things that he heard in Canada was not matching the ground reality.
ManSingh
BRFite

Post by ManSingh »

KLNMurthy wrote:
Jarita wrote:Why is no one talking about how Punjab is fast desertifying and becoming a poisonous pesticide cesspool precisely due to market distortions such as subsidies for crazy cash crops (yes Paddy is a cash crop for Punjab). Forget about bankrupting the government, the state will not last at this rate. There are towns with cancer trains, the forest cover is 3-4%. I find it unbelievable that the cadre has so little love for the state that they cannot see what is staring them in the eye.
What is a cancer train?
As the healthcare infrastructure in Punjab is mostly private, a lot of poor people can not afford cancer teatment. This has led to overnight train trips from southern punjab to Bikaner where treatment is cheaper. These trains are called cancer trains.

As to why Cancer is higher, there are several ecological reasons. Some of them are excessive chemicals used in agriculture like weedicides, fertilizers. Downstream effects of the cloth dyeing and other industries in central Punjab. Low forest cover, ground water and soil in parts of the province that is unfortunately naturally very rich in minerals. Even depleted Uranium has been found.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Aldonkar wrote:I note that Haresh has lived in Southall, maybe he has some recollection of those times.
I do remember it.
It happened in the Slough area of Chalvey.
Here is a link. https://www.google.com/search?q=chalvey ... e&ie=UTF-8

You will notice how some newspaper articles try to push the line that it is not a religious conflict.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

dwaipayandhar wrote:In my last office we had a Sikh colleague who had returned from Canada. Apparently, he had migrated there for higher studies and had to come back after he met with an accident there( atleast that is what he used to say).

We used to talk with him about Canada, life over there etc and he used to tell us stories about other Punjabis over there.

2. They are very rich and consider wealth as the only parameter that defines a man's status.

3. The present generation is not hard working as the previous generation and are mostly boozing or partying while their fathers and uncles look after the business.

4. This guy hated Modi like anything and blamed him for all the ills in the world but will not engage in any meaningful conversation as to why he hated him. If you tried to reason with him, he will get angry and try to browbeat you into submission.

5. Love for Pakis is seen to be believed and can only be trumped by love for Kejriwal.

7. Has a real identity crisis. Not sure if he wants to stay in India or Pakistan or Canada.

8. This has led to him being short tempered and shout at anyone who did not agree with his views.

We suspected that he was influenced when he was in Canada and once he came back he was unable to accept that things that he heard in Canada was not matching the ground reality.
Point 8. This has led to him being short tempered and shout at anyone who did not agree with his views.

I have experienced this so much. My view is that it comes from the mindset of "we are the dominant caste, the Jats, you do what we say"
Or as some say "No If's, no buts, sirf Jat"

How do you reason with that mindset ??
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

vijayk wrote:https://imgur.com/6Hh45oX.png

DId not know this fact on Adani ... Indians are so stupid ... We dump on our own rags to riche stories but fall at the feet of Goras like slaves
This comes from lack of knowing history or lack of not teaching history. Gujaratis from certain parts had developed risk taking behavior due to lack of easy opportunities. Statistically one would find many more successful business people from outside charotar region due to that. Gujaratis from mehsana and Surat side take lot of risks to be successful. *ni people come from particular region. Sindhis too.

Example, Virani of Balaji namkeen.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

dsreedhar wrote:I recently come across video of Sukhi Chahal. He is a very sensible and dharmic Sikh. He is actively fighting against the khalistani folks. For now it seems he is a lone active voice. He is Founder/President of "The Khalsa Today" and Chairman of Punjab Foundation (http://www.punjabfoundation.org).
Hindus need to work together and support him.
I was actually very surprised that he follows my Twitter account.
He is exactly the kind of progressive Indian Punjabi that can make a difference. If people want to get involved, then do something positive.
Have a look at the Leadership link of his Punjab Foundation. Educated, switched on intelligent people.

http://www.punjabfoundation.org/leadership/
ManSingh
BRFite

Post by ManSingh »

mmasand wrote:
sanjayc wrote:
Maybe the role of these dudes is being overstated - there are only a grand total of 5 lakh Sikhs in Canada. Even if 10 percent of them are Khalistanis, that is only 50k. How are they deciding the future of Sikhism? In contrast, Punjab has 1.6 crore Sikhs.
Abput 70,000 across the country, the majority being in Toronto and Vancouver. If the recent demonstrations that occur weekly are an indicator of support, less than 500 cars have showed up on each occasion. The impression we get is that Khalistani groups externalising their 'vote-bank' in Liberal ridings (electoral seat). If there was wide-spread support, they wouldn't put people at the gates of the gurdwaras to ensure only their sangat are allowed inside during ardas. The vast majority are Monas ironically, and they won't let Sahajdhari Sikhs inside like myself, so we have our own Gurdwaras that face the occasional harassment.
From the impression that I got when visiting Surrey was that even moderate turbaned sikhs avoid certain gurudwaras. Upon asking the very aged uncle said that there is too much hate propagated there.
ManSingh
BRFite

Post by ManSingh »

Back to regular programming. This Canada stuff is taking most of the space.

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEN ... id=IN%3Aen

This is why registration of private mandis similar to govt mandi's or private procurement from govt mandi's is needed. The PAN card requirement ( proposed amendment ) is not enough.

A lot of good intent in the laws will play out very differently in the real economy.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

The "leaders" of farmer unions moving the goal post yet again just a day before they are due for the 7th round of talks with the ministers for agriculture and industries leaving the center baffled at this new demand. It is clear that the union leaders are in no mood to resolve this peacefully anytime soon. I also find a great irony that these "farmers" take their langar and pitch it in the Vigyan Bhavan hall and refuse to accept food or water offered by the government but yet the crux of these protests is to demand subsidized electricity, water, fertilizer and guaranteed MSP from the same government !

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 018489.cms

NEW DELHI: Ahead of their fresh round of talks with the Centre on Wednesday, farm unions opposed to the new agri laws revised one of their four demands — replacing “necessary changes” to the proposed electricity amendment bill with a call to withdraw it altogether.
In a letter to the government while formally accepting its invitation for the seventh round of talks, the 40 agitating unions on Tuesday claimed their earlier stance over the electricity bill was due to a “mistake”.

The communication baffled agriculture ministry officials, who saw it as an instance of goalposts being moved, making resolution of the standoff tougher. If the latest talks don’t result in any progress, both the Centre and the unions seem prepared to sit it out.

Agriculture minister Narendra Singh Tomar and railways and food & consumer affairs minister Piyush Goyal met home minister Amit Shah. They are learnt to have discussed the government’s strategy for the talks.
Though sources claimed the meeting of the group of ministers was meant for routine discussion on issues of prices and availability of essential commodities, both Tomar and Goyal will attend the agri talks on Wednesday. So far, both the sides have held six meetings, including the last one on December 8, with Shah in attendance.
Though the Electricity (Amendment) Bill had not been a major sticking point with the Centre ready to consider changes, the call for its withdrawal makes it a more complicated issue.
The Centre had on Monday invited the unions for talks, saying the agriculture ministry is committed to find “logical solutions to relevant matters” that could be acceptable to all. Responding, the unions on Tuesday wrote that the talks must be held on their four specific agenda points in a certain order to find the solutions.
The agenda points include "modalities to repeal" the three central farm laws, mechanism to ensure "legal guarantee" to higher MSP, keeping farmers outside the ambit of penalty provision on stubble burning and now a mechanism to "withdraw" the proposed Electricity Amendment Bill to protect the "interests of farmers".
“Farmer organisations have once again requested that the government must focus on the demands raised instead of reacting to any imaginary demand. The discussions must be held in the sequence set out in their two letters (December 26 and December 29),” said Avik Saha, national convenor of Jai Kisan Andolan and general secretary of the farm groups umbrella body, AIKSCC.
Asked about change in the context of fourth demand relating to the Electricity (Amendment) Bill in Tuesday’s letter, Saha told TOI the unions merely clarified the position which they held for long.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

ManSingh wrote:Back to regular programming. This Canada stuff is taking most of the space.

This is why registration of private mandis similar to govt mandi's or private procurement from govt mandi's is needed. The PAN card requirement ( proposed amendment ) is not enough.

A lot of good intent in the laws will play out very differently in the real economy.
Mansinghji, on literally 100% of the trades a small farmer makes with brokers in APMC he gets duped by not getting the promised price and various commissions and brokerages. Nitpicking one instance of farmers getting duped by one pvt trader in MP and asking for cancelling the bills is throwing the baby with the bath water. As the private trade increases so will the farmers form co-ops and sell through the co-ops. Before any generalization we need to remember the oft repeated fact on this subject , i.e. only 6% of the farmers and 22 produces get assistance by PSS MSP, the rest buy and sell as determined by the market.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

ManSingh wrote:Back to regular programming. This Canada stuff is taking most of the space.

Already addressed at least partially in the round of discussions with Amit Shah:

https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... s-7100193/

Essentially it will allow the States to decide who will become a buyer and not just “on basis of PAN card “
RajaRudra
BRFite

Post by RajaRudra »

A person - who earns a mere 5 Lakhs - paying tax(3 percentage of the population)

- In private company, there is no guarantee that he will be having the job next month
- Its a pure Demand-Supply thing, that decides the pay
- With that money, he has to accommodate everything from - Food, education, shelter etc.
- Today, there is supply glut in engr graduate, that had pulled the avg new entry software engr salary to 3L Per Annum
- An average electrician, who can service a 4 or 5 houses a day, will be earning more than any white color job.
- Even if any one thinks that he is earning much more (say 45 LPA), can be sure that he will get replaced with a person with same tech in couple of years under less salary.

In farming (75 percentage of the population)

- No Tax, even if you earn crores - We can see most of the politicians declare themselves as farmers to use this provision.
- Free Electricity
- Subsidized fuel for farming machines like tractor
- MSP

The rice production is much more than the actual requirement of the consumption in the country. So, in a way, the three percentage idiots are working and feeding the 75 percentage of the population (with free power, subsidized fuel etc). It is neither morally correct , not sustainable.

More over, area under farming got increased many times with number of harvest also increased from 2 times to 3 times in punjap, and 1 times to 2 times in TN- One with 5 rivers and another with water starved.(by sucking the ground water to the last drop)

Farmers like it or not, may needs to move out of farming. Either willingly or forced to due to economics. They need to find a way to get income , just like any young graduate has to find his work and earn.

I am not denying there are many farmers who are poor and struggling to survive, but it is also true there are equally poor people in other sectors also.

To start with, Govt should not blink now even if the stir lasts for months or years. why should only middle class take all the burden?

Lets start with taxing the farming also like any other sector. if required push the ceiling for taxation to be 10 Lakhs or even 1 Crore rs.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

A must read

https://drishtikone.news/p/insightful-n ... UTa37yzfUc

Insightful newsletter of Drishtikone: Issue #213 - The Zuozhuan Chronicles
States have always used businesses as their proxies. From Columbus, Vasco Da Gama, East India Company to Coca Cola, Facebook, Twitter and Huawei. Adanis and Ambanis are forces, not corporates!

Desh
12 hr ago

Photo by Bryan Gomes from Pexels

“Now I can look at you in peace; I don't eat you any more.” ― Franz Kafka

Zuozhuan is China’s oldest historical narrative and chronicles the decline of one of the strongest empires in its history - the Zhou dynasty (which ran from 1045 to 256 BC). Although most people love to read Sun Tzu’s Art of War to understand the Chinese strategic thinking around war, however, its precepts are based on Zuozhuan.

It runs over stories, machinations, tactics, and strategies of different commanders, ministers over a tumultuous 255 years (722 to 468 BC) and how the different powers made their choices given the ever-changing inter-relationships.

Zhou was not just a dynasty. It was a system of life, rules, and ways that relationships and governance were conducted. And the smaller states were either within the Zhou system or outside.

From around 632 to 546 BC, Jin and Chu were two states which were engaged in a battle for the hegemonic status. While Jin was a powerful state within the Zhou system, the state of Chu was outside of that powerful dynastic influence. In some ways, the Jin-Chu fight mirrors that of the US and China. The US is more akin to Jin, in how it led to the shaping of the current Western system, which passes off as the international structure. If it was to collapse, then the US will lose the most. The state of Chu is representative of current China. It started out as an outsider to the existing international structure but has found that it is better to not just engage and be part of this whole system but to co-opt and twist it to its own terms. And that is the main sentiment that Chinese geopolitics demonstrates.

In 594 BC, after an inconclusive battle between Chu and Song, the Peace of Song accord was signed, which held Jin, Chu, Qi, and Qin as the most powerful states, and the other smaller states had to submit themselves to the power of these two. The Battle of Bi in 597 BC had seen the defeat of Jin at the hands of Chu, and it was smarting from that defeat. So, it devised a new plan - despite the Peace of Song. It engaged a small state called Wu and instructed them to launch small but effective attacks on the Chu state. These were to be short and quick raids. After a few decades, these became larger invasions. And in 506 BC, the small state of Wu scored a decisive victory over the much larger and powerful state of Chu. The state which had defeated Jin, the larger kingdom and instigator of Wu, was defeated by Jin’s underling!

Although Chu was able to get back its territory and get some of its past glory back, it was now badly weakened.

Does that sound familiar in the triangle of India, Pakistan, and China? Even in how China is handling and dealing with the US? Xi Jinping, btw, is an avid follower of the Chronicles of Zuo.

India’s history of war chronicles has been destroyed as was our narrative. But other civilizations have relied on many millennia of lessons from battles and intrigue that have worked over human history. And, those lessons have a central theme - intrigue, battles, conniving, espionage, and destabilization efforts never stop. War is a continuing part of a state’s existence, not an event.

Those who romanticize the concept of eternal peace are basically fools and idiots who will eventually run the whole society down.

Yesterday’s newsletter discussed in detail how a small unrest in a village in Bengal was used to create a larger anarchist insurgency in India in the shape of Naxals. Also how the Chinese, using Indian Communists had run the most progressive and developed state in India until the 1960s into the ground! Some may have questioned revisiting that part of Indian modern political (rather geopolitical) history. Well, let us see today see how that sad loop of China using internal actors to disrupt India’s destiny keeps playing out over and over again. Same playbook. Same organizations. Same media narratives. And the same machinations. Even the suicidal masochism of the victims, the Indian population specifically the intellectuals, is the same!

The Chinese game - two case studies
In July this year, Jio Platforms, the technology subsidiary of Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Industries announced that it had developed the 5G technology solutions for India and the field deployment will start as early as in 2021.

Reliance - Huawei games playing out on the street?
Later in October, Jio Platforms firmed up a partnership with Qualcomm Technologies and said that it is fast-tracking the development and roll-out of indigenous 5G network infrastructure and services in India.

Basically, Jio was leading the front for a China-free tech future in telecom.

Jio’s announcement comes at a time when the world is tilting towards China-free tech. Countries around the world, including the UK and the US, have already banned Chinese players like Huwaei. (Source)

This, at a time when the world is running away from Huawei as their 5G telecom partner. A pushback that was initiated by the US government was later joined by other countries. Incidentally, US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo had even praised Reliance Jio saying that it was a clean network as he dinged Huawei’s compromised tech. This could essentially mean that Jio may have a shot at replacing Huawei around the world as the preferred 5G network. Some are calling it the end of Huawei’s 5G ambitions

The tech giant was recently banned from Britain's 5G network. In 2018, Australia banned Huawei from supplying equipment for a 5G mobile network. New Zealand and Canada have also left Huawei out of their 5G plans. France has ruled out a total ban but reportedly urged 5G telecom operators to avoid using Huawei equipment. However, Italy and Germany have remained undecided. (Source)

The US government was moving ahead strongly against Huawei and taking it out of the whole 5G equation and also warning others against it.

The core issue with Huawei has been concerns about its coziness with the Chinese government and fears that its equipment could be used to spy on other countries and companies. It's the reason why, in 2012, the US banned companies from using Huawei networking equipment and why the company was added to the US Department of Commerce's Bureau of Industry and Security Entity List in May 2019, following an executive order from President Donald Trump effectively banning Huawei from US communications networks. A year later, Trump extended the order until 2021. (Source)

And it was not without any reason. After all, US officials had found that Huawei had been using “backdoors” intended for law enforcement to access the networks that it had constructed.

Chinese tech giant Huawei can reportedly access the networks it helped build that are being used by mobile phones around the world. It's been using backdoors intended for law enforcement for over a decade, The Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday, citing US officials. The details were disclosed to the UK and Germany at the end of 2019 after the US had noticed access since 2009 across 4G equipment, according to the report. (Source)

This take on Huawei had even led to a major showdown between the Huawei executive and a US Department of Defense official.

A Huawei executive and a US Department of Defense official got onstage together Wednesday at the RSA Conference in San Francisco, and the conversation got heated. Katie Arrington, an official in charge of acquisition at the Defense Department, insisted that lawmakers and President Donald Trump had good reason to remove Huawei products from government use. Huawei USA Chief Security Officer Andy Purdy said the decision was the wrong approach. (Source)

A British parliamentary inquiry also concluded that Huawei was in collusion with the Chinese Communist Party and therefore a national security threat.

There is "clear evidence of collusion" between Huawei and the "Chinese Communist Party apparatus", a parliamentary inquiry has concluded. And the MPs say the government may need to bring forward a deadline set for the Chinese firm's 5G kit to be removed from the UK's mobile networks. (Source)

The result - taking out of Huawei from the 5G market. And, Jio is the one who is going ahead full speed to be its replacement.

In India, of course, both - Huawei Technologies Co and ZTE Corp (both Chinese companies - were kept out of the 5G trials. (Source) India was not just shutting its own market for the Chinese companies aligned with the Chinese Communist Party, the Indian companies were leading the charge against these compromised Chinese companies across the world!

So when the supposed “farmers” in Punjab go after Jio telecom towers particularly, does it sound strange?

Farmers and their kin have allegedly cut the power supply to a little over 1,500 Reliance Jio mobile towers amid the ongoing protest against the Centre’s farm laws. It has led to widespread communication outage in parts of the state. It has come to light that 200 mobile towers are being damaged on a daily basis in the state. Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh had earlier appealed to the protesting farmers to not indulge in vandalism. (Source)

Srivatsa, the national campaign in-charge of Youth Congress, and the former Karnataka Congress social media head had instigated and cheered the bringing down of the Jio towers and how it was a way to bring Modi down.

“Farmers have understood that the only way to get Modi to directly talk to them is through making Ambani feel pain (sic). If this starts happening across India, Modiji will come running to Singhu Border”

Strange logic. Specifically, since it was just last year that the Indian Income Tax department had done an investigation on the Mukesh Ambani family and had served them notices under the provisions of the 2015 Black Money Act. (Source)

towers not even owned by Reliance but by a shady Canadian company
And, here is the crazy thing. The Reliance Jio cell towers are not owned by Reliance or Ambanis anymore.

Reliance Industrial Investments and Holdings (RIIHL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries (RIL), has entered into binding agreements with Canada’s Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP and its institutional partners for an investment of Rs 25,215 crore in the telecom tower assets of the RIL. In a notification to the stock exchanges, RIL noted that Brookfield and its partners would invest Rs 25,215 crore in the units to be issued by the Tower Infrastructure Trust. At the closing of the transaction, the Trust will own 100 per cent of the issued and paid up equity share capital of Reliance Jio lnfratel. Brookfield will buy 100 per cent units issued by the Trust, which, in turn, owns 100 per cent equity of Reliance Jio Infratel, the operating company for Jio’s tower assets. (Source)

Brookfield is a shady Canadian company, which started off from Seagram’s founder Samuel Bronfman’s nephews after a family feud. The nephews had created a complex corporate empire with Pagurian Corporation at the center. A name which comes from a “species of crab that, having no shell of its own, steals the exteriors of dead snails.”

Following a series of name changes, mergers and share-swaps that brought together many of the former Bronfman companies, Pagurian is today known as Brookfield Asset Management. Its leaders have soared in wealth and influence since the departure of the Bronfmans. (Source)

Brookfield now is a multi-billion dollar asset management company and has links to the Qatari establishment.

The known links between Qatar and Brookfield all converge on the investment group’s listed property fund BPY. About one-tenth of the fund’s assets are tied up in skyscrapers in Canary Wharf and Manhattan that are co-owned by Qatar, but the connection goes further. Through a sovereign wealth fund, Doha is one of BPY’s biggest investors, holding $1.8bn worth of BPY preferred equity. The securities have a debtlike quality, and Qatar can force BAM to buy them back for $1.8bn over the next six years. (Source)

It is, therefore, quite strange that a shady company with links to the Qatari establishment owns 100% of all the Reliance Jio cell towers (should be a national security issue!). Assets, which have been attacked and are being dismantled rapidly in Punjab by the so-called farmers (200 a day), do not even belong to Ambani’s Reliance anymore!

But this bringing down of the Jio towers specifically is not just a warning shot at Reliance from the Pakistan/China/Congress-backed anarchists masquerading as farmers, but also another way to take Punjab in the same direction that West Bengal was taken from the 1960s onwards. (Read - Issue #212 - Rule of the Obnoxious)

attacking “Move out of China” companies
In March 2020, Wistron Corp - one of the top manufacturing partners of Apple - had announced that as much as half of its capacity could be moved out of China within a year. Coronavirus situation had made everyone evaluate their production dependence on China. (Source)

By August, as many as 19 companies - including Foxconn, Pegatron, and Wistron had applied under the Production-Linked Incentive scheme for getting cost breaks by moving their facilities to India. (Source) The exodus was getting more ambitious by the day.

A government committee has already cleared their applications, Bloomberg reports. Apple already plans to move one-fifth of its production capacity from China to India, according to Indian news website Etnownews.com. (Source)

Cut to December. And, Wistron’s Karnataka plant was vandalized and office property was ransacked.

Thousands of employees of the Apple’s contract manufacturer Wistron India were recently seen entering into the facility at Narasapura in Kolar, Karnataka, vandalising and ransacking the office properties. Wistron is a Taiwan-based manufacturer that makes iPhones for Apple Inc. (Source)

A damage of over Rs 435 crores!

Wistron Apple iPhone facility violence case: A First Information Report (FIR) has been registered against 7,000 unknown people including 5,000 contract workers in connection with violence and vandalism at the facility of Wistron Pvt Ltd, manufacturer of iPhone, at its plant in Kolar, police said. (Source)

The labor unions in Wistron were seen as the culprits. Seven workforce vendor firms had been operating in Wistron.

The Karnataka police, meanwhile, arrested ‘Comrade Srikanth’, the local president of the Students’ Federation of India (SFI) – a student body of the Communist Party of India in connection with the violence.

The Kolar Rural Police had said that on December 12th, Srikanth and other SFI activists had entered the Wistron premises and participated in the vandalism. This was after WhatsApp messages were sent out - curated by none other than Srikanth himself - instigating the employees for the violence.

On December 12, the employees of Wistron and SFI had planned to hold a protest outside Kolar Collector Sathyabhama’s office at 11 am. Police alleged that Srikanth curated a WhatsApp message, calling for the protest outside the Collector's office, which was circulated widely among employees. (Source)

The result -Apple has placed Wistron on probation and the company will not get any new business from Apple until “corrective actions” are completed.

A week after Taiwanese contract manufacturer Wistron's plant was damaged during an incident of vandalism by a few workers, Apple's preliminary findings indicate violations of 'Apple's Supplier Code of Conduct' leading to payment delays for some workers. As a result, Apple has placed Wistron on probation and the company will not receive any new business from Apple before corrective actions are completed. (Source)

Yesterday, we had read about how West Bengal was destroyed as a state by the Communists backed by China. (Issue #212 - Rule of the Obnoxious)

Do the stories of Jio and Wistron look eerily familiar?

Why do we let the same playbook run over and over again against us while deliberately not understanding what is going on? As they say - if someone fools us once, shame on him; but if he fools us twice, shame on us! India is almost like a nation of zombies - even the educated going around in a daze with masochistic naivete in every situation while the enemies play out their games.
Kaivalya
BRFite

Post by Kaivalya »

^^^

:eek: :eek:

We need a yogiji for punjab and karnataka who will post drone pics of "protestors" in the street corners and make them pay for it
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Kati wrote:A must read

https://drishtikone.news/p/insightful-n ... UTa37yzfUc
\Yesterday, we had read about how West Bengal was destroyed as a state by the Communists backed by China. (Issue #212 - Rule of the Obnoxious)

Do the stories of Jio and Wistron look eerily familiar?

Why do we let the same playbook run over and over again against us while deliberately not understanding what is going on? As they say - if someone fools us once, shame on him; but if he fools us twice, shame on us! India is almost like a nation of zombies - even the educated going around in a daze with masochistic naivete in every situation while the enemies play out their games.
How can GOI stop this? This sounds eerily similar to BIF+China gang with international COMMIE/Jihadi alliance supporting it
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

new game plan by the ropers :mrgreen:

J&K should be part of CPEC; want UT to become a bridge of peace between India-Pakistan: Mehbooba Mufti

New Delhi: Batting for China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), former Jammu and Kashmir CM Mehbooba Mufti argued that the Union Territory should be a part of CPEC.

It is important for Kashmir’s future to be included in the CPEC said Mufti adding that J&K was part of the trade arena before 1947.

All our paths have been closed, said Mufti and said that J&K People’s Democratic Party (PDP) agenda is that the UT has to become a bridge of peace between India and Pakistan.

'We should be part of CPEC'
This is not the first time that Mufti has batted for CPEC.

Earlier she had said that with terrorism on the rise in Kashmir, dialogue with Pakistan and stakeholders in Jammu & Kashmir was important to bring peace to the region.

If you can talk to China, why can’t you talk to Pakistan, Mufti questioned BJP.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

In the end the government has no option but to agree to all the demands. The farm bills will likely remain a paper tiger just as the CAA has been and the protestors will relax for few months and regroup under new banner next November. If I was Modi, i wouldn't bother with these toothless bills which attracts professional protestors but i'd rather work on making as many improvement as possible quietly through administrative process. Nothing stops the government which holds the purse strings to reduce MSP purchases from PJ, use that money to pick up more produce from states that did not hold cities hostage for months. Similarly, instead of waiting endlessly for CAA rule making just bludgeon through the backlog of thousands of Hindu immigrants from Pakistan and Bangladesh and allow them to live with dignity. The government does not have the luxury of time, in 2 yrs time they will have to begin preparing for general elections again.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Ambar wrote:In the end the government has no option but to agree to all the demands. The farm bills will likely remain a paper tiger just as the CAA has been and the protestors will relax for few months and regroup under new banner next November. If I was Modi, i wouldn't bother with these toothless bills which attracts professional protestors but i'd rather work on making as many improvement as possible quietly through administrative process. Nothing stops the government which holds the purse strings to reduce MSP purchases from PJ, use that money to pick up more produce from states that did not hold cities hostage for months. Similarly, instead of waiting endlessly for CAA rule making just bludgeon through the backlog of thousands of Hindu immigrants from Pakistan and Bangladesh and allow them to live with dignity. The government does not have the luxury of time, in 2 yrs time they will have to begin preparing for general elections again.
What demands did govt agree to for CAA?

The delay is in the notification of rules which very complex because of the nature of decades long refugee crisis, all caused by mistreatment of minorities in neighboring countries. It will be notified soon and things will get better. At least there is hope now.

Using ordinance to bludgeon through issues sound very much like the infamous jugaad that never solves the problem just kicks it down the road for someone else to fix. Stay firm and give no quarters, this protest like the Shaheenbaag one is exposing the inner workings of BiF for average Indias who were living under the secular rock for a long time. It also helps track the movement of money and other resources that can be targeted.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

dwaipayandhar wrote:In my last office we had a Sikh colleague who had returned from Canada. Apparently, he had migrated there for higher studies and had to come back after he met with an accident there( atleast that is what he used to say).

Revoking his Indian citizenship and a stint in Pakistan would lay to rest any doubts whatsoever !!
Last edited by hnair on 31 Dec 2020 02:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Poster warned for quoting long posts
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

I have notice the same among Sikh friends - a hatred for Modi and love for Kejriwal. It puzzles me because I thought the Sikhs hated Congress and like BJP since it was allied to the Akali Dal. Any Sikh friend care to enlighten us about the cause for this?
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

^^ This is "adult infantilism" -- seen in Dravidians, Muslims, Christians, leftists, and other sundry monotheists. An inability to think straight, ruled by emotions, easy to manipulate and brainwash, low EQ levels ...
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

Mob attacks, sets ablaze Hindu temple in northwestern Pakistan
:
:
:
Videos made by locals at the scene and shared with Reuters showed a crowd breaking apart blocks of the temple structure’s walls using stones and sledgehammers, as dark smoke from a large fire billowed into the sky.

Local Muslim clerics had what they told police would be a peaceful protest against the alleged expansion of the temple, located in a town in Karak district, in northwestern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, Rahmatullah Wazir, a police officer in the town, told Reuters.
:
:
:
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Vivek K wrote:I have notice the same among Sikh friends - a hatred for Modi and love for Kejriwal. It puzzles me because I thought the Sikhs hated Congress and like BJP since it was allied to the Akali Dal. Any Sikh friend care to enlighten us about the cause for this?
Hindus-India-RSS-Modi-Gujaratis-Ambani/Adani, that's the direction of hate that's all. Not every sikh but atleast a vocal section of the sikh society for whatever the reason harbors a deep distrust and hatred for the Hindus and it manifests into hatred for India/RSS/Modi/Gujaratis/Ambani,Adani,Patanjali etc.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

kit wrote: Revoking his Indian citizenship and a stint in Pakistan would lay to rest any doubts whatsoever !!
Despite numerous requests by multiple admins to not quote entire long posts or pics, you seem to show scant regard for forum etiquettes.

A warning issued to get your attention
ManSingh
BRFite

Post by ManSingh »

Vivek K wrote:I have notice the same among Sikh friends - a hatred for Modi and love for Kejriwal. It puzzles me because I thought the Sikhs hated Congress and like BJP since it was allied to the Akali Dal. Any Sikh friend care to enlighten us about the cause for this?
Kejriwal - Because he is different, highly educated and rebellious. Personally I think he is average.

Congress - Personality based. Capt is reasonably popular though I would hazard a guess that Navjot Singh Sidhu is more popular.

Akali Dal - Not liked at all. There was a Bargari firing incident where a crowd protesting against religious desecration was fired upon. The popular theory is that both the desecration incidents and the firing incident were intentional at the behest of Akali Dal to polarize the public for votes. Another event that took place around the time was pardon to DSS head. Before these incident, whenever votes were divided on religious lines, sikhs voted Akali Dal. Not this time and it played very negatively. Another reason is the suspected involvement of top brass in drug trade.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Guru ... ontroversy

BJP: Some support. Not universally hated in Punjab before the farm protests and their vote share was rising. In the last elections they overtook AAP vote share in Punjab. Modi is not liked by sections because he is thought to be similar to Indira/Rajiv Gandhi ( false equivalence of 1984 with 2002 riots ). Contrary to what it may seem like, a proper resolution of the farm debate along with the right choice of candidates ( maybe Navjot Singh Sidhu ? ) could get them a higher vote share in next elections.
sampat
BRFite

Post by sampat »

There is deep hatred for hindus, RSS and Modi in Sikh community in west. They are fed with constant WhatsApp propaganda defaming Bammans (Brahmins), RSS and Modi. All of them revere that golden temple terrorist who was propped up by Indira Gandhi, name skips my mind (I think it was bhindrawala). He is saint(santji) for them.

My uncle is friend with many of these loonies and he regularly changes his WhatsApp status with pictures of modiji and yogiji to spite them. :rotfl: