India's Border Security with China and Pakistan-2020

Deans
BRF Oldie

Re: India's Border Security with China and Pakistan-2020

Post by Deans »

somdev wrote:Chinese are hell.bent on OBOR. All they want is to join India. I have failed to understand how does transport linkage undermine India's security or economy? Say if we allow Kunming - Kolkata high-speed train, how does that impact our economy? India needs to rethink it's priorities and craft a path of peace without compromising national interests.

If we stop buying Chinese raw materials Maruti Suzuki, Bajaj, pharma companies, many others will be in serious trouble.

https://www.news18.com/news/auto/maruti ... 70601.html
There's a ton a things we can do to hurt China on trade, without affecting our industry. See my earlier posts where I spelt out options.
For e.g. just say that countries whose policies are against our national security, will need prior permission for FDI, will be ineligible for Govt/PSU tenders and will have a 5% security tax on material imported by them.

OBOR is not about allowing some rail project. It is about:
1.Ceding sovereignty over POK
2. Allowing Chinese imports to compete unfairly with our products (which are the trade terms for allies like Pak).
3. Taking high interest loans for unviable projects. (ever wonder what is going to be transported between Kolkata and Kunming, when ports are far more efficient in taking stuff to and from Kunming) Why is every OBOR rail project, I am aware of, in Asia, unviable ?
4. Replacing our labour with Chinese.
5. Shutting out all other sources of supply including our own manufacturing.

All of the above is what has happened in Pakistan, as per their own audit report on flagship OBOR projects.
Davidrock
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Davidrock »

Lets not talk about unrelated topics of trade etc etc now. They have done a violent action, we need to respond with violence. Period

If we do not do now, our deterrence value goes down till the next conflict which wont be too far.

If we do, there will be a long gap till we have the next conflict.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

@somdev, you have a private message.
YashG
BRFite

Post by YashG »

Okay I'm increasingly realising that we need to not just posture for escalation but actually escalate and get ready for casualties, damages and collateral damage. I think Chinese will not stop till then. They have come into this game with a lot of pre-planning and do not intend to withdraw unless something goes out of plan. Xi is doing this to keep his seat intact and war-mongering is one way to do that perhaps. India is the biggest obstacle to Chinese hegemony in Asia and by pressing us they intend to achieve concessions. Xi has multiple reason to do this - only one not do it - that is escalation.

Instead of posturing, we should rather ready ourselves of war, if SRBMs come knocking in our cities - we need to be ready. There is not other way - as long as we're afraid of damage - we will not be able to solve this. Damage is inevitable, there is no other way.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

YashG wrote:Okay I'm increasingly realising that we need to not just posture for escalation but actually escalate and get ready for casualties, damages and collateral damage. I think Chinese will not stop till then. They have come into this game with a lot of pre-planning and do not intend to withdraw unless something goes out of plan. Xi is doing this to keep his seat intact and war-mongering is one way to do that perhaps. India is the biggest obstacle to Chinese hegemony in Asia and by pressing us they intend to achieve concessions. Xi has multiple reason to do this - only one not do it - that is escalation.

Instead of posturing, we should rather ready ourselves of war, if SRBMs come knocking in our cities - we need to be ready. There is not other way - as long as we're afraid of damage - we will not be able to solve this. Damage is inevitable, there is no other way.
Adding to this, the barbarity they have displayed aka mutilation etc should not go unanswered. They have started the war and we better finish it before it finishes us.
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

Attn mods:

That "khan" fellow is a troll. Playing it subtle, in bojitive mode like majorly brofound
Last edited by nvishal on 18 Jun 2020 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

nvishal wrote:Attn mods:

That "khan" fellow is a troll. Playing it subtle
Why? The point I am making is PM of India is making an issue out of it & not brushing it under the carpet - which means India is committed. Whats wrong with that?
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

ITBP surely should get better riot gear in some places in LAC. But is if it is front line IA troops being asked to do this then it is a problem.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Dilbu wrote:ITBP surely should get better riot gear in some places in LAC. But is if it is front line IA troops being asked to do this then it is a problem.
That time has passed, after last Monday's incident, everybody needs to armed.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

Aditya_V wrote:The Chinese have been itching for a fight and for some reason they think we are weak, this is our Khaklin Gol moment, we need some localized action which makes the Chinese take their aggression elsewhere.

We made a mistake of not pulling out from the sticks and stones agreement once they started getting agressive, we can't change the past but unless we can and start doing some action with respect to the LAC, the Chinese will be up to more tricks. We need to have an open time period.

Attack but claim being attacked, see their reaction, do it in a series of moves till they backed down.
They aren't itching for a fight. If they were, we would have had a general blowup with them both during Doklam and now.

But that is the problem.

Khalkin Gol was general full fledge warfare. When the Japs launched their attack with tanks and artillery, Russia's decision to fight full fledge in kind was made for them. This chit with stones and clubs is again gray zone. Just like their navy and coast guard flooding the SCS, crowding and occasionally ramming opposition vessels but never firing. They make it the other guy's choice to escalate. The other guy rarely escalates when they are faced with overwhelming numbers of vessels that they could never hope to make or even to buy to compete with.

This is the SCS not Khalkin Gol. But we can make it a Khalkin Gol by escalating from stick and stones to bullets and artillery shells. But that decision is on us. Waiting for them to fight a real war will never happen. They don't fight wars. They win during peace with their production.

This is the situation. They had made their eastern seaboard their priority (as they should -- a single 2nd tier city there is probably worth more than all of Tibet value-wise.) But after this, they will begin flooding the plateau with machines in the coming years with new helos, AFVs, mobile artillery platforms, UAVs and all the other chit that their MIC produces in volume.

We own the advantage if we go to war now but I don't know about the future. And even the decision to go war will be much harder once they built up. If we want a Khalkin Gol then we have to initiate it.
varshar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by varshar »

Is it possible for the GoI "Custodian of Enemy Property" to attach holdings of all private-equity entities - e.g. Alibaba, Tencent, Steadview, Fosun, Shunwei Cap/ Xiaomi - originating from Chinese soil with immediate effect?

This will amount to USD 5-6 Bn. / INR 35,000-45,000 Crore if we add up everything invested between 2015-2020. If we take public holdings (e.g. CIC's INR 2,500 Crore holding in HDFC), it will be much more - definitely crossing Rs. 50,000 Crore.

Negotiation is always better with some strong cards in hand - to restate the obvious. Let "Chinese barons" cry uncle versus "PLA hawks" creating internal headaches for Xi &/or empowering anti-Xi factions in the CCP...

-v
Last edited by varshar on 18 Jun 2020 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

I have a suggestion to make which may seem wild but it just struck my mind. It might get deleted.

So the idea is that what if we give Chinese soldiers a dose of their own virus.

So what I am saying is you know a person with strains of virus in his hands shakes hand with Chinese and does a hug a Chinese campaign as a "peaceful gesture/disengagement bla bla", then will their forces not come down with the virus and the extreme and cold environment in ladakh accelerate there demise? And we can win without firing a shot?

Please tell me if it's too dumb, I will delete it.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Look at thier 1962 actions in same Galwan Valley- they have definitely gamed it. We need to plan everything and must include Airforce artillery, Pinaka. We have to do small scale actions but expect it to blow up.
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

There can be no mutilation without captivity or atleast Chinese taking away our dead and returning later. If Modi does not let armed forces respond - this will be the beginning of his fall. A local border full fledged conflict does not automatically spread into a all-out war, especially if it is over very limited territory. The Chinese need to be taught a local lesson.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

We have new satellite images of Finger 4 area. As i been constantly saying, the land grab is neither in Galwan or Hot Spring.

It is in Finger 4, where the Chini have done massive build up using their access road. They are not going back from this place under talks.

I am yet to understand why we haven't intruded and carry out a similar land grab.

And it is time GoI improves it's communication. Need to tell the world what areas have the Chinis grabbed. This silence and talking to the Chini is only giving them time to build up.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

As per ladakh locals, this Chinese activity has been going on for months and their pleas to the govt to take action has fallen on deaf ears. So if the ladakh locals know about what is going on in the Chinese side and the Indian army knew obviously being first line of contact why was the govt so casual.

We need to study this deeper and analyse why we allowed China to build up unchallanged ? Is this a trap for China and are they being lulled into action through feigned complacency on our side. Not that this query deserves an answer on this very moment but it may go into thinking overall situation of what is going on.

China may well have fallen into this trap? willingly because in their calculation they are bound to be isolated internationally in any case, if so then why not shore up their domestic population by ratcheting up a few battlefield victories when their adversaries are not yet in a position to benefit from the 'China isolation post-covid world'.

The Chinese just like the pakistanis need to save face in front of domestic audience as well as show all future potential competitors in poor light.

If I were India, then I would prepare for a vicious, bloody short war where China must not go unbruised but taken down a notch or two. And if any country allies China in their endeavour, then it needs to be taken out of equation.

Humiliating China is important for rise of India, we cannot rise if China is still around as a credible & potent power capable of expansion. It will then still manage to attract fealty and loyalty from satellites and democrat-led US govt will continue trade with it.

We need to take it out of the equation now. Gird up for a tough couple of months boys.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

habal wrote:As per ladakh locals, this Chinese activity has been going on for months and their pleas to the govt to take action has fallen on deaf ears. So if the ladakh locals know about what is going on in the Chinese side and the Indian army knew obviously being first line of contact why was the govt so casual.
I understand we have a habit of blaming ourself at the drop of a hat, but there is nothing special the Chinese have to do.

All the 3 places have metal road access. All they have do is post some PLA soldiers in near the LAC and at Finger 4 to 5 entry (single line path). We posted equal number of soldiers.

Using the standoff, the Chinese got extra kit using the road. As simple as that.

There is no major build up that we missed. The Chinese did most of the work after the standoff started.
Last edited by nam on 18 Jun 2020 13:42, edited 1 time in total.
Iyersan
BRFite

Post by Iyersan »

YashG wrote:Okay I'm increasingly realising that we need to not just posture for escalation but actually escalate and get ready for casualties, damages and collateral damage. I think Chinese will not stop till then. They have come into this game with a lot of pre-planning and do not intend to withdraw unless something goes out of plan. Xi is doing this to keep his seat intact and war-mongering is one way to do that perhaps. India is the biggest obstacle to Chinese hegemony in Asia and by pressing us they intend to achieve concessions. Xi has multiple reason to do this - only one not do it - that is escalation.

I am going out on a limb and saying that India will attack. Mutilation of Indian soldiers and barbarity once reaches public, national furore will force political establishment to act. In addition China has come to take Galwan and will stay put unless they are forcefully evicted
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Doesn't the answer and reply lie in recovering PoK? Chinese want to force Indians to engage on LAC to keep LoC in tact. GoI seems to have eyes on PoK but it may turn out to be a tactical mistake of GoI for being too risk averse and/or not trusting IA to maintain discipline for not allowing them to carry fire arms at LAC.

Still no news but hopefully marching orders have been handed over to local MIC to start pumping out whatever they can and strong actions are being taken against parties responsible for gating indigenous products. Handling the internal rot on war footing would send a befitting reply and disturb the apple cart enough to bring any hot headed Chinese strategy planner back to earth.

The death of Indian soldiers causing permanent awakening of Indian MIC would roll many heads on Chinese side.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

Couple of points regarding this horrible mutilation:
  • This mutilation and torture is highly inflammatory, but keep in mind that by many accounts the Chinese lost 2-3X the number of people as compared to India, so this could be a discipline issue on their side (and not something that was pre-planned).
  • If this was pre-planned, it is happening in a place & time that the Chinese have picked. If India were to retaliate, here and now, the Chinese might have advantages here (like artillery dug in etc). It might be better to escalate elsewhere as a revenge for this as opposed to escalating here where the Chinese might want an escalation and be trying to provoke an escalation.
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

No mention of any mutilation by our supposed 56-inch. He used to scream ek ke badle dus sar for Pakistan, when it comes to Chinese all he can afford to do it to give 2 mins shraddhanjali to the brave ones who died on most horrific situations killed by a treacherous enemy and left helpless by this so called nationlist government. And we are all debating here as if PRC is a 2X version of USA where we can't even respond locally to their most henious of provocations.
dnivas
BRFite

Post by dnivas »

somdev wrote:Chinese are hell.bent on OBOR. All they want is to join India. I have failed to understand how does transport linkage undermine India's security or economy? Say if we allow Kunming - Kolkata high-speed train, how does that impact our economy? India needs to rethink it's priorities and craft a path of peace without compromising national interests.

If we stop buying Chinese raw materials Maruti Suzuki, Bajaj, pharma companies, many others will be in serious trouble.

https://www.news18.com/news/auto/maruti ... 70601.html
Can you please stop whining.

think for a minute, if blocking trade is going to cause us havoc, imagine what our pressure will do to them in the ocean. imagine no oil for china, no exports to the US , their factories soon coming to a halt. All for some rocks and stones in tibet?? [That's going to be on their mind]
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Larry Walker wrote:No mention of any mutilation by our supposed 56-inch. He used to scream ek ke badle dus sar for Pakistan, when it comes to Chinese all he can afford to do it to give 2 mins shraddhanjali to the brave ones who died on most horrific situations killed by a treacherous enemy and left helpless by this so called nationlist government. And we are all debating here as if PRC is a 2X version of USA where we can't even respond locally to their most henious of provocations.
I will request you to refrain from these wild outbursts. Your tone is trolling.
Every time we have an incident we have newer accounts coming in and commenting al over the place. This is getting ridiculous
Davidrock
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Davidrock »

As much as I hate to say, looks like all fears have come true.

https://twitter.com/nrg8000/status/1273 ... 03936?s=21

Satellite images show they have constructed 250+ structures after finger 4

Why are we not fighting
Lohit
BRFite

Post by Lohit »

putnanja wrote:Altnews is a known left leaning site that was caught by many on SM for classifying unrelated incidents as hate crimes against Muslims & downplaying deliberate attack’s against Hindus as not hate crime . It’s by no means an unbiased fact checker.

Lohit wrote:
Seems this is fake news -

https://www.altnews.in/times-now-falls- ... -soldiers/

Bakshi sab should have known better, it is important that our leaders like him dont falls such things which ultimately end up creating a permanently "discredited" image like Pakistan.
Indeed. But in this case they seem to be accurate since there is no other source that corroborated the claim posted by Bakshi sb.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Excerpt from The Hindustan Times report:
Behind Galwan’s bloody face-off, China’s plan to interdict gateway to Karakoram
The post would have helped the Chinese to not only observe Indian troop movement towards Karakoram but also would have had the capacity to interdict army vehicles plying on the Darbuk-Shyok-Daulet Beg Oldi (DBO) road
https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-ne ... RnUfI.html
With more than 600 troops involved in fisticuffs and hand to hand combat, the mountain ledge on which the fighting was taking place gave away to a landslide. This led to casualties on both sides as the troops fell into the Galwan nullah and river with a section of Indian troops being isolated on the other bank of the tributary.

Drenched in ice cold water of Galwan and with temperatures running way below zero, the Indian troops had nowhere to hide against the elements at an altitude of 16000 feet. A large number of Indian casualties are on count on standing out in the open in wet clothes to prevent the PLA taking control of Point 14
Jai Jawan, India is proud of your courage and determination. Om Shanti.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

Larry Walker wrote:No mention of any mutilation by our supposed 56-inch. He used to scream ek ke badle dus sar for Pakistan, when it comes to Chinese all he can afford to do it to give 2 mins shraddhanjali to the brave ones who died on most horrific situations killed by a treacherous enemy and left helpless by this so called nationlist government. And we are all debating here as if PRC is a 2X version of USA where we can't even respond locally to their most henious of provocations.
@Larry Walker Please keep aside your political grudges & frustrations out of this thread & stop trolling.

To "EDUCATE You", let me put a fact on face of you.

Terrorists have had attacked the Indian army camp at Uri on 18 September 2016. Indian Army conducted surgical strikes On 29 September 2016. A gap of 11 days.

Pulwama Terrorist attack took place on On 14 February 2019, Balakot airstrike took place on 26th February 2019.
A gap of 12 days

In the mean time before the Indian retaliations, we have seen 1000s of TROLLS like you chest beating and name calling the leadership.

So, go easy.
Situation is very fluid, let us wait and watch. Analyse objectively and refrain from name calling to leadership.
Last edited by Mollick.R on 18 Jun 2020 14:21, edited 1 time in total.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

The post would have helped the Chinese to not only observe Indian troop movement towards Karakoram but also would have had the capacity to interdict army vehicles plying on the Darbuk-Shyok-Daulet Beg Oldi (DBO) road
Sigh.. PP14 is in the valley! Not on the heights. There are enough satellite images now to understand this.

The Chinese can see the DBO from their side of LAC, if they go on to the heights. PP14 blocks the path towards Shyok river, because the valley is very narrow.
chetonzz
BRFite

Post by chetonzz »

Dear moderators,
There are lot of “trainees” giving out suspicious wibes in this forum...please ban them including me...i will be happy to lurk only read intelligent comments and useful links than to see this becoming like a regular deaf and dumb pk forum
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

amar_p wrote:Excerpt from The Hindustan Times report:
Behind Galwan’s bloody face-off, China’s plan to interdict gateway to Karakoram
https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-ne ... RnUfI.html
With more than 600 troops involved in fisticuffs and hand to hand combat, the mountain ledge on which the fighting was taking place gave away to a landslide. This led to casualties on both sides as the troops fell into the Galwan nullah and river with a section of Indian troops being isolated on the other bank of the tributary.

Drenched in ice cold water of Galwan and with temperatures running way below zero, the Indian troops had nowhere to hide against the elements at an altitude of 16000 feet. A large number of Indian casualties are on count on standing out in the open in wet clothes to prevent the PLA taking control of Point 14
Jai Jawan, India is proud of your courage and determination. Om Shanti.
At high altitudes, water starts to freeze as soon as sun goes behind mountains. Hypothermia will get you if you are out in the open. If wet, no chance in surviving the night.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

India-China standoff: Forces on almost war-like alert along LAC, ready to ‘impose costs’ on China
Rajat Pandit | TNN | Jun 18, 2020, 10:54 IST

NEW DELHI: India will now impose costs on China whenever it tries its favourite salami-slicing tactics in a bid to incrementally grab territory, a move that marks a decisive change in India's long-standing border management policy to largely maintain “peace and tranquility” along the Line of Actual Control, said top official sources.

China has also further reinforced its military build-ups along the LAC, especially in the areas facing the Galwan Valley, Daulat Beg Oldi, Depsang, Chushul and other such areas of eastern Ladakh.

But the Indian defence establishment is not too perturbed, with an almost war-like alert being declared along the LAC from Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh with the Army well-prepared to take care of any contingency. The LAC in eastern Ladakh, for instance, has well over 15,000 Indian soldiers deployed in forward areas, with more backing them in the rear.

“Our soldiers will not move back. There will be no compromise on our territorial integrity. China has played this game of cartographic aggression too many times for too long. They transgress into our territory, arbitrarily make claims, keep on repeating them as if they are true, and then paint India as the aggressor,” said a source.

This will no longer be allowed, with the PLA being made to “bear losses” for every attempt it makes to grab territory, he added. This tough new line comes after a flurry of meetings in South Block, which included PM Narendra Modi and defence minister Rajnath Singh reviewing the border situation in Ladakh with the top military brass on Tuesday and Wednesday.

The Indian defence establishment is also re-thinking the protocol followed by its soldiers of not carrying firearms in the forward areas along the LAC in the face of the continuing belligerence from the PLA. “The PLA has flouted all bilateral agreements and laid-down border management protocols, including specific provisions in the Border Defence Cooperation Agreement (BDCA) of 2013,” said the source.

Full TOI article here.......
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 433796.cms
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

Mollick.R wrote:

@Larry Walker Please keep aside your political grudges & frustrations out of this thread & stop trolling.

Situation is very fluid, let us wait and watch. Analyse objectively and refrain from name calling to leadership.

Larry ji - Irrespective of your political views and nationality, the position of our PM has to be respected, even if you disagree with him. Even the opposition is not resorting to name calling at a time like this.
Last edited by Deans on 18 Jun 2020 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

Very saddening that many of these guys were below the age of 30.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

khan wrote:Couple of points regarding this horrible mutilation:
  • If this was pre-planned, it is happening in a place & time that the Chinese have picked. If India were to retaliate, here and now, the Chinese might have advantages here (like artillery dug in etc). It might be better to escalate elsewhere as a revenge for this as opposed to escalating here where the Chinese might want an escalation and be trying to provoke an escalation.
The interesting thing I find about the whole standoff is we have public satellite images of chinese ICV, trucks and even artillery.

There is none of Indian build up.. Either we are really good at artillery placement (should be given the decades of fire fights in LoC) or the Chinese are showing their lack of experience...

The Chinese are heavy on SPH. I wonder if they have ever brought their SPH in to these mountains..
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

One will not find a more hardcore Modi and nationalist government supporter than me in my entire circle. But I am calling out what I am seeing. If China can make an official claim that Galwan valley belongs to them, why is our MEA response so weak ? We should have atleast called out that entire AC and Shaksgam valley is ours including Galwan and China here is the hegemonistic occupier. Our response is ? Pls do not make claims that are untenable !! So let me ask, what is a tenable claim ?? Why this hangover of alway being the good boy ??
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

China brings in hundreds of soldiers, heavy construction equipment to Galwan Valley
Border talks carried out on Wednesday at the Major General-level to defuse the situation have failed.

By Manu Pubby, ET Bureau|Last Updated: Jun 18, 2020, 12.47 PM IST

NEW DELHI: Even as talks for deescalation were on at the military level, the Chinese side seems to have carried out a move of deception by bringing in several hundred soldiers and heavy construction equipment into the Galwan valley, latest satellite images and ground reports reveal.
Sources said that despite earlier talks in which it was decided that the two sides would move back by a kilometre and create a temporary ‘no man’s land’ in the valley, the Chinese side has brought in additional troops and continues to remain deployed inside Indian territory near Patrol Point 14.

These People's Liberation Army (PLA) troops were among the 800 odd soldiers who laid ambush on an Indian patrol party, killing 20 soldiers including the commanding officer on Monday night.

Satellite images from Tuesday show scores of vehicles used to transport troops, heavy construction equipment and tents for forward deployed soldiers. Satellite imagery expert Col Vinayak Bhat (retd) (i think he is the rajfortyseven gent on twitter ????) says that the images indicate at least one combined arms brigade has been deployed along the river and the build up has increased over the past few days.

As reported by ET, Chinese troops have intruded up to 3 km in the Galwan area and are dominating the heights that threatens the strategic Darbuk-Shyok-Daulat Beg Oldie (DSDBO) road. Col Bhat (retd) says that the intention of the Chinese could possibly be to attempt and capture the entire Galwan valley and its confluence point with the Shyok river, along which the Indian road runs.

Similar reports of a continued build up near the Gogra post, where the Chinese side has infiltrated at least 2 km across the LAC, are coming in even as the Indian side had made adequate adjustments on its side of the border.

The Gogra post has also been brought under Chinese artillery range after the PLA moved ahead and deployed at least 12 guns on its side of the border. A tough situation also continues at the Finger area along Pangong Tso lake and the Depsang plains where PLA troops have been deployed in strength.

Sources said that the occupation of Finger 4 — located over 5 km inside Indian claimed territory — continues at strength with bunkers at the crest and the base of the finger manned by Chinese soldiers with high powered rifles.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 436749.cms
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

Mollick.R wrote:

To "EDUCATE You", let me put a fact on face of you.

Terrorists have had attacked the Indian army camp at Uri on 18 September 2016. Indian Army conducted surgical strikes On 29 September 2016. A gap of 11 days.

Pulwama Terrorist attack took place on On 14 February 2019, Balakot airstrike took place on 26th February 2019.
A gap of 12 days

In the mean time before the Indian retaliations, we have seen 1000s of TROLLS like you chest beating and name calling the leadership.

So, go easy.
Yes.

I would rather we take months and win as opposed to do something impulsive under public pressure and lose.

I know it’s very stressful, but let’s keep a cool head. If 16 Bihar regiment can be persuaded to keep a cool head after all they have been through, then all of us can too.

That said, I think there has been enough evidence of Chinese duplicity on the ground to justify whatever we want to do. Now the only constraints need to be tactical - when & where etc. To think talks and diplomacy will accomplish anything is foolish.
Last edited by khan on 18 Jun 2020 14:41, edited 2 times in total.
chandrasekaran
BRFite

Post by chandrasekaran »

If and when our armed forces are allowed to retaliate, I would like to see the Airforce start the first wave of attack, notwithstanding the "controlled escalation nonsense". The last we want is a Kargil redux.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

We must be able to at least use Artillery Barrage to trap the Chinese in Galwan Valley and prevent them escaping southwards. Show 500 POW's
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

The panic about " if" we stop using Chinese stuff smacks of defeatism. "Necessity is the mother of invention", famous saying! Look how swiftly India innovators tackled the China virus pandemic making PPE suits,ventilators,testing kits,even medicines / therapies supposedly cures which the ICMR allegedly is preventing trials of! There are innumerable international supiers of tunneling eqpt., electronics,etc-.,etc.,but who need the Chinese? Yes,there may be some problems at first ,we must overcome this temporary inconvenience,vut always remember that every dollar that goes to China is the cost of a bullet which will be fired at an Indian soldier!