India's Border Security with China and Pakistan-2020

AshishA
BRFite

Re: India's Border Security with China and Pakistan-2020

Post by AshishA »

Rahul M wrote:Good find Rony.
Here's another interesting one.

After reading a lot of analysis from Asan on the Internet, this time things are not easy

https://translate.googleusercontent.com ... aJGPGtZ9tw

Here's the main page of the military forum.
https://translate.googleusercontent.com ... opiJM_zU_w
They are talking about using the peace talks as a cover to build up their forces, attack and clean up the western front (Indian border) before going for the supposedly greater conflict with Taiwan.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Rahul M wrote: Good find Rony.

After reading a lot of analysis from Asan on the Internet, this time things are not easy

Atleast some of those posters confirmed my suspicion that Cheen are coveting Andaman and Nicobar islands and many want to split India into different small "manageable" countries. Strategically both Pak and China are inimical to integrity of India. Cheen isn't merely a competitor and arrogant bully. This is something we should never forget.

After reading these forums, one cannot resist an urge to whack these arrogant Cheens and humiliate them. While we can do it now, if we wait a couple of years, we can do it more easily and with a better chance on G&B.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

---POST DELETED---
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

Rohit Vats is on India Today TV right now along with Col Vinayak Bhatt and Lt. Gen. D S Hooda on Rahul Kanwal’s show exposing false Chinese claims on the Galwan River

Please watch!

Congratulations, Rohit, for your well researched views getting coverage in the News!
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

habal wrote:
If Chinese troops land up in pakistan LoC division strength, then we threaten to turn all DHAs into parking lot. More than enough to curb pak enthusiasm for joint strike. All jernails losing property in an instant.

pak can at the most carry out terror acts and not involve itself directly, it is too fearful of direct retaliation. And China will not risk Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangdong, Chendu just because pakistan got bombed.
Sir - attacking civilians is a war crime - and we all know that India does not cross some rubicons
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

habal wrote:If Chinese troops land up in pakistan LoC division strength, then we threaten to turn all DHAs into parking lot. More than enough to curb pak enthusiasm for joint strike. All jernails losing property in an instant.

pak can at the most carry out terror acts and not involve itself directly, it is too fearful of direct retaliation. And China will not risk Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangdong, Chendu just because pakistan got bombed.
That is your solution? Kill civilians? You should think before making such posts. Enjoy a month off - it will give you some time to think.
Aldonkar
BRFite

Post by Aldonkar »

Ankit Desai wrote:Part in green: You have impression that Chinese holds entire Galwan valley but they are not. The Galwan flows in shape like a corner of rectangle. Indian army still holds shorter leg which is approxiately 8 km long. So "all along Galwan valley" is wrong term.

If you think Chinese does not hold entire Galwan valley than please read below.

They do not have to cross Shyok to control road connecting Darbuk & DBO.

Once they capture "entire" Galwan valley , they are on the bank of Shyok river. So they may climb mountain tops and control the road as well cut of DBO or stay on the bank and build post (like this https://twitter.com/detresfa_/status/12 ... 1591007232) to control the road.

In Winter they may just walk other side of Shyok.
Ankit,

In one of the posts upthread Rony posted some links to comments in a Chinese military forum. I put some of them though Google Translate and one said that they were damming the Galwan and then blow the dam. The surge of water down the Valley will cross the Shyok river ,damage the DBO road and destroy the indian post (and helipad) that is almost exactly at the confluence of the two rivers.

However, most of the posts I viewed were childish in the extreme, and betrayed China's Imperialist ambitions, saying that after defeating India her resources and Africa would at their mercy. Welcome to the 17th century China!
Sidhant
BRFite

Post by Sidhant »

Deans wrote:Thanks guys for responding to the sole negative review of my book. It got a couple of unsolicited comments from outside this forum too.
I was also enthused to receive a mail from a Pakistani girl in the US - daughter of a senior Fauji afsar, who said I was spot on in my description of
Pakistan.
Deans sir, apologies in advance if you have already answered this question, is your book available in unkil land? Also name/details for the book please? I love to read on paperbacks, is the book available as hard copy? Thanks in advance for providing the info.
RaviB
BRFite

Post by RaviB »

Rahul M wrote:
Rony wrote:Guys, Check this out

Chinese military forum. In Chinese. Google translate to English. If any one wants to understand what they are thinking about the current situation.

Indian = Asan (derogatory term). The general attitude is contempt of Indians and ridicule. Deny Indian statehood and identity. Show Indians as weak but arrogant who do not know their place. RaviB was spot on with this analysis of chinese attitude towards Indians.

Below are some the India related threads. These are automatic translations

The possibility of going to war is rising! ! !
https://lt.cjdby.net/thread-2629644-1-1.html

India must fight, but not now
https://lt.cjdby.net/thread-2629636-1-1.html

What I think is, will we fight back if India retaliates ?
https://lt.cjdby.net/thread-2629707-1-1.html

India says British are slaves of India, talk about Indian national character
https://lt.cjdby.net/thread-2629634-1-1.html

It can be believed that the current Indian ruling authorities are basically extremely chaotic after the 615 World War
https://lt.cjdby.net/thread-2629716-1-1.html

There are many threads like this. And also whole lot of information on other chinese defense things.

Good find Rony.

@Rony ji and Rahul ji, these are excellent finds. I didn't know of these forums, they are offering very interesting reading indeed.

I think the google translation is fairly accurate and people will have no problems understanding. The place names are usually translated as words so sound very strange but you'll figure it out.
Since those forums use lot of slang which is not translated correctly, a small guide
India is also referred to as Asan, Three Brother, Number three, red head, Sange, A3
US is also referred to as Laomei, Old beautiful, sometimes also little sister
Pakistan will usually be Pakistan or Baji or minibus
jagga
BRFite

Post by jagga »

Sidhant wrote:
Deans wrote:Thanks guys for responding to the sole negative review of my book. It got a couple of unsolicited comments from outside this forum too.
I was also enthused to receive a mail from a Pakistani girl in the US - daughter of a senior Fauji afsar, who said I was spot on in my description of
Pakistan.
Deans sir, apologies in advance if you have already answered this question, is your book available in unkil land? Also name/details for the book please? I love to read on paperbacks, is the book available as hard copy? Thanks in advance for providing the info.
https://www.amazon.com/2022-Indias-two- ... 422&sr=8-1
ramdas
BRFite

Post by ramdas »

1. I do not know why forum members here are imagining a situation where the PLA takes Leh. If that is where a war is headed, it is time to use the nuclear deterrent and face the resulting consequences. If they take Leh, they should lose Shanghai.

2. Given the terrain, I do not see this panning out. In TV discussions, I see Gen. Panag as being among the most reasonable voices. He is absolutely clear that we have the ability to force a stalemate. That stalemate will of course, be a defeat for the bigger power, i.e, PRC.

3. Regarding the PRC-Pak-INC axis, I did not mean to imply they were equal partners. Pak is PRC's proxy and today's INC is Pak's proxy. Sad transformation for what was once a patriotic national party (albeit prone to corruption).
RajaRudra
BRFite

Post by RajaRudra »

Pakistan.
Sir ji, Is the real paper book available (not kindle or gadget) . If so, can you give me the link please?
Iyersan
BRFite

Post by Iyersan »

Maharashtra reports 43,000 hacking attacks against banks and infrastructure as per India Today.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

If we go by what mango chini is talking about in those forums, they seem to think our critical infra, industries are fair targets for their rocket forces.

Not that it will make much of a difference to the battle. However would need some of physiological counter to it.

Hope Nirbhay development is now pushed hard and deployed on to our ships and subs. They can be placed to target Chini military production units in their heartland, with conventional hit as a response.

Tibet is really a buffer for their heartland. They won't give much to the losses in Tibet, but for us, Delhi is only 300-400KM from the LAC..
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

VinodTK wrote:Source: Bharat Shakti Profile / Bio of General Zhao Zhongqi

Ambitious General Threatens to Derail Regional Balance in Asia
Interesting read indeed. However, several points seem incredible: starting with the statement that the current standoff with India was planned in the early months of 2020.
- Preparation of just 3 or 4 months to take on a war hardened, entrenched, well equipped IA seems grossly inadequate. Especially if the same Invincible Han presided over Dhoklam
- India has more than enough eyes in the sky, not to speak of intelligence sharing by US, Russia, EU countries. How in the world did he think his build up will go unnoticed and he can spring a surprise?
- try and rake up unarmed hostilities deliberately with the Indians at different places across the border - thus effectively removing any elements of surprise that something is cooking
- Do the above for 4 to 6 weeks before Galwan ambush of 15th June - Giving ample time for IA to counter mobilise
- Assuming ALL of the above worked out and IA was asleep and they get to Shyok. Still leaves in narrow valleys 100s of trucks and Peking ducks trampling over themselves or jumping off shelves, under artillery fire or precision strikes - (unless their uber PLAAF very very quickly establishes total air domination - another BIG & UNTESTED not to say idiotic assumption, and we have seen no contrails of it)
- Going against a dug in force IA with so many untested assumptions, the biggest of which seems that upon seeing their trucks & Mighty Han troops wearing Panda fur hats IA's mountain corps will just drop and run

Even Pakis I would expect to do better (OK we trained them for years now LoL)

The only explanation for such a plan to get conceived, approved and an attempt made to implement is that China is still doling out generous rations of high quality Indian opium from British era to everyone in the CCP & PLA and they are taking it regularly every day, above the prescribed daily dosage.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

nam wrote:If we go by what mango chini is talking about in those forums, they seem to think our critical infra, industries are fair targets for their rocket forces.
This is probably why GOI wants S-400 so badly.

It would take out a good part of their initial salvo.
Sidhant
BRFite

Post by Sidhant »

Many thanks Jagga ji...
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

amar_p wrote:The only explanation for...
This is what concerns me the most, we don’t understand what they are trying to do & we have to assume they are rational actors.

The only thing that makes sense to me is, this is just phase one & there is more coming.
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

amar_p wrote:

Interesting read indeed. However, several points seem incredible: starting with the statement that the current standoff with India was planned in the early months of 2020.
- Preparation of just 3 or 4 months to take on a war hardened, entrenched, well equipped IA seems grossly inadequate. Especially if the same Invincible Han presided over Dhoklam
- India has more than enough eyes in the sky, not to speak of intelligence sharing by US, Russia, EU countries. How in the world did he think his build up will go unnoticed and he can spring a surprise?
- try and rake up unarmed hostilities deliberately with the Indians at different places across the border - thus effectively removing any elements of surprise that something is cooking
- Do the above for 4 to 6 weeks before Galwan ambush of 15th June - Giving ample time for IA to counter mobilise
- Assuming ALL of the above worked out and IA was asleep and they get to Shyok. Still leaves in narrow valleys 100s of trucks and Peking ducks trampling over themselves or jumping off shelves, under artillery fire or precision strikes - (unless their uber PLAAF very very quickly establishes total air domination - another BIG & UNTESTED not to say idiotic assumption, and we have seen no contrails of it)
- Going against a dug in force IA with so many untested assumptions, the biggest of which seems that upon seeing their trucks & Mighty Han troops wearing Panda fur hats IA's mountain corps will just drop and run

The only explanation for such a plan to get conceived, approved and an attempt made to implement is that China is still doling out generous rations of high quality Indian opium from British era to everyone in the CCP & PLA and they are taking it regularly every day, above the prescribed daily dosage.

Correction, Russia and EU are not sharing any intelligence
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

ramdas wrote:1. I do not know why forum members here are imagining a situation where the PLA takes Leh. If that is where a war is headed, it is time to use the nuclear deterrent and face the resulting consequences. If they take Leh, they should lose Shanghai.

2. Given the terrain, I do not see this panning out. In TV discussions, I see Gen. Panag as being among the most reasonable voices. He is absolutely clear that we have the ability to force a stalemate. That stalemate will of course, be a defeat for the bigger power, i.e, PRC.
Sir - this is where jingoism scares me. Not withstanding the euphemism that Ladakh is one finger of the Tibet palm (good for arousing dinner time emotions on prime time debates but nothing else) - Chinese will invest only that much effort to wrest Leh/Ladakh which to them is proportional to the gains for taking Ladakh - like security of CPEC or what is their bitch worth saving etc. Our objective and preperation should always be to ensure that the price would be twice of what they can afford. That is the only way. But then this is easier said than done ... Even easier said then understood.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

nam wrote:If we go by what mango chini is talking about in those forums, they seem to think our critical infra, industries are fair targets for their rocket forces.

Not that it will make much of a difference to the battle. However would need some of physiological counter to it.

Hope Nirbhay development is now pushed hard and deployed on to our ships and subs. They can be placed to target Chini military production units in their heartland, with conventional hit as a response.

Tibet is really a buffer for their heartland. They won't give much to the losses in Tibet, but for us, Delhi is only 300-400KM from the LAC..
There is no logic to this. Even a full scale border conflict in all sectors would primarily be restricted to military targets and local support infrastructure.

Only a fight to finish would involve a salvo at Delhi etc. Why are people loosing their minds?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Larry Walker wrote:
ramdas wrote:1. I do not know why forum members here are imagining a situation where the PLA takes Leh. If that is where a war is headed, it is time to use the nuclear deterrent and face the resulting consequences. If they take Leh, they should lose Shanghai.

Sir - this is where jingoism scares me. Not withstanding the euphemism that Ladakh is one finger of the Tibet palm (good for arousing dinner time emotions on prime time debates but nothing else) - Chinese will invest only that much effort to wrest Leh/Ladakh which to them is proportional to the gains for taking Ladakh - like security of CPEC or what is their bitch worth saving etc. Our objective and preperation should always be to ensure that the price would be twice of what they can afford. That is the only way. But then this is easier said than done ... Even easier said then understood.
IFFFF they take Ladakh/Leh we shall take Tibet/Lahsa :evil: :rotfl:

Btw, before anyone asks, we will take Lahsa the same way they take Leh .. by making a post on BRF.
Last edited by pankajs on 23 Jun 2020 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

but for us, Delhi is only 300-400KM from the LAC..
Exactly, wouldn't we therefore defend & counter attack with EVERYTHING WE'VE GOT and more?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Folks have gone nuts ... the 100 feet Chinamen syndrome is started rearing its head on BRF.

From memory ... I recently read a commentary where a Indian military personal had calculated that about 120 rockets/missiles would be needed to disable an IAF base BUT only for 24 hours!!!

That is to say, AFTER taking a hit of about 100-120 rockets/missile hits, the IAF base would be back in operation in 24 hours!!!

AND people here are shitting bricks talking PLA rockets force. :rotfl:

A conventionally armed rocket/missile, no matter how powerful can only do limited damage.
RaviB
BRFite

Post by RaviB »

amar_p wrote:

I agree. There was a video hosted by Nitin Gokhale, where Mr. Ranade said that there were 4 different exercises that converged into the current deployment. I don't remember which video it was, and this is purely from memory: There was one small exercise north of the Karakoram Pass in November, where the soldiers might have stayed in place after the exercise was over, and then all the other exercises and secret deployments were merged together with the large exercise that happened in Jan.

So from the planning it must have been planned at least one year or longer in advance if all these exercises were orchestrated for this.

Then of course the entire force was supplemented by the soldiers wearing helmets and travelling chaircar in the Gobar Times video
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

pankajs wrote:Folks have gone nuts ... the 100 feet Chinamen syndrome is started rearing its head on BRF.

I recently read a commentary where a Indian military personal had calculated that about 120 rockets/missiles would be needed to disable an IAF base BUT only for 24 hours!!!

That is to say, AFTER taking a hit of about 100-120 rockets/missile hits, the IAF base would be back in operation in 24 hours!!!

AND people here are shitting bricks talking PLA rockets force. :rotfl:

A conventionally armed rocket/missile, no matter how powerful can only do limited damage.
Sir - lets be realistic here - India will NEVER loose a short sharp war with China. The problem comes if they keep the theatre limited and threshold just low enough that we hesitate to open another front and the war drags into 3rd 4th week - that is when there MIC will start bearing down on us.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

Sidhant wrote:
Pakistan.
https://www.amazon.com/2022-Indias-two- ... 1091617422

This is the link for buying it in the US. (has all details. More reviews are in Amazon.in). It is available in Paperback and kindle.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

How do you know ?

Love for India and dislike of China run deeper in RU & EU "establishment/forces/deep state" than what most people think. China over the decades may have put in spies, IP stealers, thugs into G7 countries but havent made real friends. There are enough well wishers of India who can drop subtle hints to warn us that the lizard is cooking some bat soup. A kind of brotherhood of the weak who can't individually confront China, but are glad to leak the paper to help India if you will.

In this matter, we tend to underestimate ourselves. Grossly.
RaviB
BRFite

Post by RaviB »

pankajs wrote: IFFFF they take Ladakh/Leh we shall take Tibet/Lahsa :evil: :rotfl:

Btw, before anyone asks, we will take Lahsa the same way they take Leh .. by making a post on BRF.
There goes our supersecret masterplan :D
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

amar_p wrote:

Sir - Chinese will not attack Leh/Ladakh through Galwan. They will use the front from where they can roll in their Armor and Artillery and other hardware. What handicaps and bottlenecks you mentioned the Chinese will face going up DSDBO road for attack (which they will never do) - Indian forces will face the same if the Chinese just sit in Galwan valley and interdict DSDBO road.
As I mentioned on the earlier post - the real battle for India will be to maintain logistics and replenishments in Leh/Ladakh once the conflict drags beyond couple of weeks.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

RajaRudra wrote:
Pakistan.
Sir ji, Is the real paper book available (not kindle or gadget) . If so, can you give me the link please?
The paperback is unfortunately not available in India. The costs for me to do so, would equal the paperback royalties from the book in India
Amazon paperback, which has no cost to the author, is not available in India. The royalties are intended for the Army battle casualties fund and they are far higher (per copy) in the kindle version - even for the free copy on kindle unlimited, compared to paperback.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

amar_p wrote:
but for us, Delhi is only 300-400KM from the LAC..
Exactly, wouldn't we therefore defend & counter attack with EVERYTHING WE'VE GOT and more?
Lahore is only 20 km from the border. Jammu is 10 km. Neither city has a realistic chance of being captured in a war. Neither are Leh or Lhasa.
In the Kargil war, it took 2 divisions, 2 months to advance about 10km (the depth of the intrusion) and regain our territory. That was only due to the nature of mountain warfare.
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

amar_p wrote:
How do you know ?
Right back at ya!

Russia is on the record saying they won't pick sides, they are anti-US, who is anti-Cheen, which means they aren't going to be doing us any favors ala the S400 delay. Russia is sold to the highest bidder, no illusions of strategic partnership here. They sell the same stuff to anyone willing to pony up the $$$.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

You missed my point Raveen saab.

Consider this, after interacting for years with their Indian counterparts at UN, G20, UNPKF, various Mil exercises on land, air & sea, in arms sales interactions and countless other occasions, is it so inconceivable that US, EU & RU diplomats, officers, state employees and others in the capacity to know and with some integrity will send a subtle hint to India through an appropriate channel?

Just think about how India garnered 182 votes for the UNSC seat recently. Things like that happen only to countries that are liked and respected.

Dharmo Rakshati Rakshitaha !
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

amar_p wrote:You missed my point Raveen saab.

Consider this, after interacting for years with their Indian counterparts at UN, G20, UNPKF, various Mil exercises on land, air & sea, in arms sales interactions and countless other occasions, is it so inconceivable that US, EU & RU diplomats, officers, state employees and others in the capacity to know and with some integrity will send a subtle hint to India through an appropriate channel?

Just think about how India garnered 182 votes for the UNSC seat recently. Things like that happen only to countries that are liked and respected.

Dharmo Rakshati Rakshitaha !
Sir, you mean rogue officers? in Putin's Russia? in the off chance they exist, that's not the same as the state sharing intelligence.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Public posture is not always identical to private actions
"I never told you this..."
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Nobody is shivering about the Chinese. However threat analysis is always done by what your adversary can do, instead of what he will do.

Paks confidently do "India will not do this" analysis, start a war and get surprised by when we react.

I have mentioned multiple times, that the Chinese would like to do a US style "shock & awe". Just that we don't who that first victim will be. I was pretty confident, it will not be us.. it is still holding.. by a thread.

If you visit those forum links, you will notice the Chinis discussing "iraq". It is all about being the next US.

Can anyone guarantee the Chinis will not launch a CM attacks on some of our production facilities? Will it make much difference? No. But he may. And we should be prepared to return the favour..
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

amar_p wrote:Public posture is not always identical to private actions
ROFL - sure you are in the know and are funnelling state secrets to Ajit Doval and Namo personally
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

nam wrote:Nobody is shivering about the Chinese. However threat analysis is always done by what your adversary can do, instead of what he will do.

Paks confidently do "India will not do this" analysis, start a war and get surprised by when we react.

I have mentioned multiple times, that the Chinese would like to do a US style "shock & awe". Just that we don't who that first victim will be. I was pretty confident, it will not be us.. it is still holding.. by a thread.

If you visit those forum links, you will notice the Chinis discussing "iraq". It is all about being the next US.

Can anyone guarantee the Chinis will not launch a CM attacks on some of our production facilities? Will it make much difference? No. But he may. And we should be prepared to return the favour..
Agree with every word you said. Any analysis that says they won’t do this because of that is fundamentally flawed. The issue is that they can do a lot, very quickly with their missile force & heavy bombers.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Raveen wrote:
amar_p wrote:Public posture is not always identical to private actions
ROFL - sure you are in the know and are funnelling state secrets to Ajit Doval and Namo personally
What we don't know far exceeds what we know. I'll leave it at that.