SINDEX 2006: IAF and RSAF - Kalaikunda

JaiS
Forum Moderator

SINDEX 2006: IAF and RSAF - Kalaikunda

Post by JaiS »

Indo-Singapore joint air exercise from January 3

Eight F-16 aircraft and 130 personnel of the Singapore Air Force would take part in a joint exercise, Sindex-06, with the Indian Air Force at Kalaikunda airbase in West Bengal from January 3.

The infrastructure at Kalaikunda has been upgraded to host the bilateral exercise with the foreign air force, sources at the Eastern Air Command of the IAF said on Friday.

Stating that Singapore has a versatile air force operating modern aircraft and weapon systems, the sources said such exercises were meant to foster and develop cordial relations with friendly foreign countries through fruitful interaction and inter-operability in operational, technical and administrative practices.

Later, at the Singapore annual air show, the helicopter display team Sarang was demonstrated by India.
JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

The SINDEX-2004 thread is located here .
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

What about a protest in Kalaikund_ against the capitalist government of Singapore. :lol:

Again cadres will be able to watch a free airshow and leaders can have some revolutionary speech. :lol:
Vishnu
BRFite

Post by Vishnu »

INDO-SINGAPORE AIR EXERCISE SINDEX-06
New Delhi: 26 December 2005

A joint exercise between the Indian Air Force and Republic of Singapore Air Force would be taking place at Air Force Station Kalaikunda between 03 Jan 06 to 20 Jan 06. The Republic of Singapore would be participating with eight F-16 aircraft and IAF would be taking part with a Squadron of MiG-27s. The present exercise is the second in the series of such exercise. Last year a similar exercise, Sindex-04, was held at Gwalior.

These exercises are meant to foster and develop cordial relations between the countries through their air forces. These exercises posses colossal training potential and both the air forces get to learn from each others experiences. The infrastructure at AF Station Kalaikunda was recently upgraded to host bilateral exercises with foreign air forces. Singapore has a versatile air force which operates modern aircraft and weapon systems. The IAF has recently increased the level of cooperation with air forces of friendly foreign countries including those of USA, France, South Africa, UK, China & Russia.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I like the idea of giving exposure to everyone in IAF including Mig27 and Jag drivers. the showpiece -30s and the aggressive -29s cannot be allowed to hog the limelight. the bulk of the real damage in the next war will be done by -27 and Jag drivers......think HIT taxila, OFB wah, gas plant SUI ....
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

The IAF has recently increased the level of cooperation with air forces of friendly foreign countries including those of USA, France, South Africa, UK, China & Russia.
Time to toss the MRCA rec out of the window. Or, is this a FAS plant?
Raghu
BRFite -Trainee

Sindex 06

Post by Raghu »

Why do all of u feel so strongly about only Mig 27s participating? i no cos i will be there next month. c u there all!
Last edited by Raghu on 27 Dec 2005 17:37, edited 1 time in total.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Raghu: Your username has been changed. Please follow forum guidelines when choosing a username.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the F16s and Mig27s make a good tag team to practice bombing nearby BD terrorist camps. BD airspace should be violated and villagers forced to flee with noisy low level swoops - the F16 does that great and Mig27 must be one noisy brat engine.

Drop dummy cluster munitions if u will.
Raghu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Raghu »

Singha, I think BD terrorist camps are closer to Tripura than WB, 2 Far without AAR
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

The Commies have achieved their aim :x

IAF airshow moves out of Bengal for good, Punjab an option

http://www.indianexpress.com/full_story ... t_id=85195
NEW DELHI, JANUARY 2: It’s once bitten, twice shy for the UPA government. The hue and cry raised by its Left allies over the Indo-US air exercises at Kalaikunda last November has prompted the Defence Ministry to avoid future confrontation by keeping the war-games venue outside West Bengal.

A base in Punjab, likely to be selected as the alternative arena, will be upgraded to international standards by October to conduct the next mock war.
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Look at this way. Two airbases upgraded to full requirements and the MOD agrees. :P
Priyank
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Priyank »

JCage,

Along the same lines, I think every flag waving jingo ought to petition the commies to stage their usual nautanki and scream their usual bakwaas outside every major IAF airbase in a sequential manner.

That way we can get the MoD to loosen up its purse strings to lavish all of the aforementioned airbases with top notch equipment and facilities; something that Singha has been clamouring for a very long time now.

:P
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Any chance of Chennai hosting any excercise :mrgreen:
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

krishnan wrote:Any chance of Chennai hosting any excercise :mrgreen:

... no major bases in South India ... but there probably needs to be one for such exercises and other IAF operational/strategic deployments in the future.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

srai wrote:
krishnan wrote:Any chance of Chennai hosting any excercise :mrgreen:

... no major bases in South India ... but there probably needs to be one for such exercises and other IAF operational/strategic deployments in the future.

Chennai has a base
Ajay K
BRFite

Post by Ajay K »

krishnan Posted: 04 Jan 2006 05:40 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

srai wrote:
krishnan wrote:
Any chance of Chennai hosting any excercise

Chennai has a base
Are u thinking about Tambaram AFB?
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Priyank wrote:JCage,

Along the same lines, I think every flag waving jingo ought to petition the commies to stage their usual nautanki and scream their usual bakwaas outside every major IAF airbase in a sequential manner.

That way we can get the MoD to loosen up its purse strings to lavish all of the aforementioned airbases with top notch equipment and facilities; something that Singha has been clamouring for a very long time now.

:P
I replied with respect to this, if they plan to hold one in chennai ,the AFB might get upgraded
Manne
BRFite

Post by Manne »

Does this mean Gwaliior, KKD and a third base now with ACMI?
chan
BRFite -Trainee

Re: Sindex 06

Post by chan »

Raghu wrote:Why do all of u feel so strongly about only Mig 27s participating? i no cos i will be there next month. c u there all!
Raghu you dont happen to be the same Raghu who is the editor/author of the hilarious CPIM mouthpiece "People's democracy" do you ??
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

"nagarahavu" your login name has been changed to "chan"
chan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by chan »

shiv wrote:"nagarahavu" your login name has been changed to "chan"
Please check "feedback to moderators" inbox
Harry
BRFite

Post by Harry »

Lol. I'm curious to know the reason behind that! :D
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

so its going to be Singapore F-16s v/s India's MiG-29s.
vipin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vipin »

Got any link abt the mig-29? i thought it was the Mig 27.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Harry wrote:
Lol. I'm curious to know the reason behind that! :D
Forum guidelines state clearly that login id should sound look/like human names, have no numerals and should carry no messages. When such logins are used from less well recognised languages - they can pass for names.

Cobra and "Naag-Saanp" would be disallowed - as is "nagarahavu" which literally means "cobra-snake" in Kannada and is not a name. One "famous" Kannada name that was allowed to pass was "Manku Thimma" which means something like dumb monkey. Another name which will be changed if I see it again is "sumsumne" - which means "just like that" in Kannada.
Aditya_M
BRFite

Post by Aditya_M »

methinks Harry meant "Why 'Chan'?" :D
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Does this mean Gwaliior, KKD and a third base now with ACMI?
Why should it be a third base with ACMI? IAF could just strip the ACMI equipment from KKD and move it to the base identified.
George J

Post by George J »

Ya know what I feel about this whole commie in KKD issue. Someone really botched up or they are just crying wolf.

Botched up coz if IAF wanted a smooth sailing they could have easily used the good offices of GOI and prevented the coalition partner from demonstrating. Crying wolf, coz IAF knows fully well that ANY base in India is susceptible to demonstrations, you can easily truck in a few 100 protestors and the DDM make it look like a cry for democracy and free speech. Sure the previous CI's did not see protest but that does not mean that Gwalior/Lohegaon is any safer.

By moving stuff out of KKD they have not really solved the problem. And lets be very specific about the problem, I dont think commies has any problems with us exercising with anyone except the US. You want to move everything out of KKD just for that?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

How much of ground support equipment is needed for ACMI ? is it confined to one location or some tx/rx equipment scattered all over the range ?
MN Kumar
BRFite

Post by MN Kumar »

What happened to the Exercise? It was supposed to start on Jan 3rd, no news of it yet.
Harry
BRFite

Post by Harry »

Aditya_M wrote:methinks Harry meant "Why 'Chan'?" :D
Yes. Why "chan"? :lol:
Laks
BRFite

Post by Laks »

From MinDef Singapore, looks like the RSAF birds have already landed. I suppose we can count on them for photos. So far nothing in Yahoo or Getty.
Eight RSAF F-16 aircraft flew into Kalaikunda Air Force Station in Eastern India for the exercise. During the four-and-a-half hour journey from Singapore, the F-16s were supported by an RSAF KC-135 tanker, which conducted air-to-air refuelling.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Harry wrote:
Aditya_M wrote:methinks Harry meant "Why 'Chan'?" :D
Yes. Why "chan"? :lol:
I'll pass for this question. If chan wants to reply to that one - it's up to him/her.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

yes chan we wud all like to know :

why u r what u r ??

r u of mongolian descent,by any chance? :wink:
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

shiv wrote: Cobra and "Naag-Saanp" would be disallowed - as is "nagarahavu" which literally means "cobra-snake" in Kannada and is not a name. One "famous" Kannada name that was allowed to pass was "Manku Thimma" which means something like dumb monkey. Another name which will be changed if I see it again is "sumsumne" - which means "just like that" in Kannada.
I still laugh at these name. "sumsumne" :rotfl:
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

I had noticed sumsumne, and my kannada decoder had triggered it too, but the name could be suman or something.

Another name I noticed is naattamai, which BTW is still there.
George J

Post by George J »

There are still many names that dont meet jingo guidelines:
Agni Varsha? SaraLax? VruDesh?

Whats needed is a sticky thread on each of the boards that EXPLICTLY STATES whats tucked away under the innocuous link to Forum Guidelines please read.

Been suggesting that to the BR Oligarchs for a while...but they are as efficient as GTRE. :twisted:
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Well, send some reports to interview the BR Oligarchs.

Zimple?
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Dr Singh also gave the West Bengal CM the example of Kerala where Indo-China joint military exercises were conducted unhindered.

"The PM said no state can deny defence exercises." Dr Singh also issued a stern warning that the Centre can impose President's rule if a state does not cooperate in the country's defence matters.

link