IAF at Red Flag / Nellis AFB 2008

George J
BRFite

Re: IAF at Red Flag / Nellis AFB 2008

Post by George J »

Children:

I am a little concerned about the quality of discussion on this issue from jingos (both old and new).

There are two replies that have been posted here by Me and Shiv. If you have have been around for a while you will know that these are NOT figments of our imagination, they come from folks who do this for a living. I can understand if the Oracle forum ignores it (they actually deleted one of them), but I did not expect such a callous response for BRF.

There are two parts to this fiasco:
1) When the video/transcript was first posted on BRF and jingos commented on it using opens source data-FOD mesh, tumansky, Israeli radar on Bison etc.

and

2) When the two replies were posted on BRF.

You need to re-read it and frame your replies keeping those two posts in mind. Now if you are new then you might be excused for questioning the veracity of the posts (and posters) but for folks who have been around to totally ignore it and go off on their own............."here is what I think of the video" tangent is totally ridiculous. What you say/think/feel does NOT matter !!!!

Now how important or unimportant the video is can be gauged by the MSM responses. There is a good possibility that Shiv Aroor has added his own masala ("demeaning", requested the video to be removed) to the story but the IAF (or folks who matter in the IAF) have been pretty much in the loop about this story for a very long time.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

compare the undercarriage of flanker and F15, the flanker has bigger looking tires and much thicker legs. should be a rough field performer if FOD issue is taken care of.
Vishnu
BRFite

Post by Vishnu »

Mods ... may I be permitted to start a new thread called ... "The IAF at Red Flag 2008: The True Story ?"

Vishnu
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

vishnu, please continue here or in the your earlier red flag thread (now locked and archived).
since we want to archive the thread, it would be better if we don't have 3 threads for the same subject ! :)
kindly state your choice and I'll unlock it if required.
regards.
George J
BRFite

Post by George J »

Don't we have the ability to merge threads? I don't want Vishnu's post to be merged with the noise that's on this thread, every time a jingo seems to finds the video they reset the discussion to their starting point: FOD.

Also you will be able to focus the discussion on what Vishnu has to say if it has its own thread. It is now a mainstream media issue, it should be discussed as such. Archive two rather than one thread with lots of noise.
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

Separate thread for "Vishnu-BR" exclusive please :twisted:
Chellaram
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Chellaram »

Katare wrote:Separate thread for "Vishnu-BR" exclusive please :twisted:
and be sure that the two responses by shiv and George J are included in that thread....
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

sum wrote: Yipee...
Amazing things that the USAF colonel has managed to achieve:
1. Get George J back on BR!!!
2. get Vishnu to go full monty on our(IAF) efforts at red-flag.
Cheers to the the colonel.
For benefit of those who missed out...Why & to where did GJ go?
Frankly, there are many impressive posters here...can we have a page with a description about them.....
The way facts are thrown around here...it seems most people make defence equipment for a living...knowing about the background of individuals will add credence to their posts.
p_saggu
BRFite

Post by p_saggu »

Isn't the wheel cover on the nose wheel also supposed to help reduce FOD? Notice the position of the Nose wheel and the Air intakes.
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

Correct
p_saggu wrote:Isn't the wheel cover on the nose wheel also supposed to help reduce FOD?
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

guys, vishnu's comments moved to his own thread
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... &sk=t&sd=a

I'll be changing the title shortly.
plz carry on there.