Possible Indian Military Scenarios - XIII

member_28539
BRFite

Re: Possible Indian Military Scenarios - XIII

Post by member_28539 »

I am very much open to something like this. Any ideas on how that might be made to work? Where do we even start?
@Vivek Sir: Start by contacting Natraj Publications, given their majority books being Military oriented they would definately agree to it & they can further help with getting together the rest of pack (Lt Gen P C Katoch, Maharoof Raza etc) on board with you.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Congrates Vivek. What a riveting tale of death and destruction. I would keep watch on both websites for the book going on sale. Will buy. Surely. Since you are in India is it possible to arrange Author's tour so that I , like many other fans, could get the books autographed?
vardhank
BRFite

Post by vardhank »

Hi Vivek,
Great writing, and a lovely, fast-paced thriller. Wish there had been more on the Pathfinders and their action deep in enemy territory - hope you will expand this when you get to later drafts.
However, I'd like to understand why you've left the rest of the world out of both scenarios - do you believe that in a three-cornered, nuclear-armed conflict zone, the US in particular, and possibly Russia as well, will not get involved? At the end of the previous scenario, I would've imagined a vast change in China's relationship with the rest of the world (either ostracism or fawning), and even more so in this scenario. Given that things went nuclear already at the beginning of the scenario, I can't believe that the rest of the world (again, read the US particularly) would not have tried to step in. No matter what the speed of our response, there would've been US missiles aimed at both Indian and Pakistan, a "take the sharp toys out of the playground" strike, or a very, very panicky and quick response to try and secure Paki nukes. Nor would, I imagine, the Middle Eastern countries stay so calm: either they would've fallen sharply on the Islamic-republic side, or remembered which side their bread was buttered - a nuclear-wasteland in South Asia is in no one's interests. I can't even imagine Russia staying out of this just to needle the West: this isn't Syria, and the Russians aren't mad. What I'd like to see is India, China and the USA rushing to lock down Pakistani nukes, with a couple of subtle words exchanged between the USA, Russia and China to keep their own nukes out of this, but who knows? All I know is, no one's going to allow two 'small' nuclear powers to go at it.
Frankly, even the idea that a nuclear attack on Mumbai would NOT be blamed on Pakistan is far-fetched - it's not like there are too many supermarkets for nuclear warheads. Even if the response from the 'global community' is not direct punishment against Pakistan, the knowledge that a (most likely Pakistani) nuke has made its way into terrorist hands will mean that no one's going to wait to find out whether the Pakistani government/ISI/army helped or not. Pakistani sovereignty is going to be totally ignored, and NEST/SF type teams, with plenty of cover, are going to be in-country in no time at all.
This isn't meant to be personal :) just playing devil's advocate.
One thing that MIGHT be personal, though. I think the ethos attributed to Haider might apply to your thinking: to destroy Pakistan, no matter what the cost to us. Just a thought :) I know this is in the end a fantasy, but, well... I know Pakistan isn't going to turn into Canada any time soon, but perhaps there's more than one way to skin a cat, no matter how rabid.
aditp
BRFite

Post by aditp »

For the mango peepuls, Kulkarni's feats can be visualised like this :

[youtube]http://youtu.be/lHQcFlf1aFI[/youtube]

Magnificent!
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

>> Following Cerberus, I will need to decide what direction to take. One option that has come up is to follow the Pathfinders as a standalone series of novels (Ala an Indian Rainbow Six?). But we will see what happens when we get Cerberus up and going.

vivek, you might think of doing some historical fiction. use your skills to bring to life some of the lesser known episodes of India's security establishment.

op khukri would be a good candidate f.e.
Aaryan
BRFite

Post by Aaryan »

Vivek just a friendly suggestion..

Can you keep Kulkarni's return for last page and last line as " We are going home".. Looks good and powerful to me also happy ending after such devastation..
member_28305
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_28305 »

Vivek Saar..
Im visiting amazon almost everyday to check if the Fenix is published... :-?

by when can we expect the book to hit the online store?

Thanks, :)
Siby
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

Dear readers,

An update: Fenix is under review by the publication folks at Harper Collins at the moment. I received an email last week that the book is under serious consideration and that I can expect a final word from them on it by April 10. So currently I am waiting with fingers crossed.

The book draft is done and ready for Amazon. So in case things fall of the table with the publishers (as it happened for Chimera :oops: ), I will be pushing Fenix on amazon immediately. At that point it will be available on the amazon sites in hard copy and kindle versions.

Just wanted to let everyone here know that I haven't forgotten about Fenix, but that certain things pertaining to publication (especially in India) are taking longer than expected. :-?

P.S.: What is the thought here about perhaps opening a new dhaga for the Cerberus scenario so that I can get things kicked off there? "Possible Indian Military Scenarios - XIV" ? 8)

-Vivek
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

^ Neki aur pooch-pooch. Please Sir, let Chimera thread happen.
Ankit Desai
BRFite

Post by Ankit Desai »

Who are you waiting for Vivek sir ?

-Ankit
vila
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vila »

Vivek Sir,

10th April came and went now 10th May round the corner. Any news updates?
kancha
BRFite

Post by kancha »

10 June too has passed!!!
Give us a sitrep, Vivek!
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

Folks,

Fenix is now in publication via Amazon. 8)

The books will be available on Kindle and paperback versions via Amazon.com as well.

I will post the links on amazon as soon as they go live in the next day.

If you liked Fenix over here, pliss to help the book by posting some reviews on the amazon page for the book when it comes out. Like Chimera, Fenix will climb (or fall) on the basis of the initial mass of reviews that readers here will post.

Lots of happenings on the personal side (including me now reporting to SHQ :) ) has prevented me from delivering the book to the publishers earlier. I also tried getting some publishers to look at it but so far, no joy. In the end, I realized that the book was simply gathering dust while the fickle-minded publishers shuffled in their seats. So Fenix has gone the Chimera route. And so will Cerberus (the next novel).

Image Image Image

Humble note to admins: Pliss to allow the new dhaga for Cerberus to continue flying like the drones over Pakistan and not shoot it down onlee. 8)

I will post Fenix related news and updates here but will migrate all Cerberus stuff to the new dhaga.

-Vivek
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Congratulations Vivekji, on both fronts.

Will order a copy & write my yindutva review...
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Excellent Vivek saar, off to Amazon then with my F5 key :). And, congrats!
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

The kindle link is now live! 8)

Pliss to review at this page:

Fenix Kindle Link

-Vivek
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »