In case India goes to war with Pakistan or China at anytime. What kind of strategy or war plan should they adopt
Read the previous avatar of this thread. You have it right there! Read on to the next thread too.Link
Thanks Dileep but I was thinking not in terms of a story but as a military to outline the strategy. For example if we went to war with Pakistan this would be my plan
1. complete naval blockade of all shipping routes out of Puki land.
2. special forces to neutralize all nuclear installations.
3. deploy Jaguars n Mirages in Srinagar, Uttarlai, Ambala etc for close air support.
4. Sukhois mostly for air defence of miltary and nuclear installations and commercial and urban centres.
5. Mig-21s for air defence of airfields and other forward bases.
6. Phalcons(if operational) will be playing a more defensive rather than offensive role.
7. Harriers to disable fuel dumps and shipyard facilities at Gwadar and Karachi.
8. Helicopter gunships will be mostly deployed in the J&K front since I doubt there operational capability in the desert regions. Mig23, Mig27 and Mig29 for bombing in the desert regions.
9. I think the J&K battles will involve largely artillery and a lot of manpower. T-90s, T-72s and possibly Arjuns deployed largely in desert and Punjab sectors.
10. Infantry batalions will hold positions in the Punjab and N Rajasthan sector. Close air support provided by Mig-21s due to the proximity of large number of airbases around that region. 1 sqn of Su-30Ks and a Phalcon will be deployed solely for the purpose of defending the strategic installations in Gujarat and the Arabian Sea.
11. LACM version of Brahmos mostly used to destroy Command and control centers and disable airfields.
12. I don't support the idea of a saturated attack using rockets or Prithvis. Use of ballastic missiles can make the conflict hairy. Rocket deployment mostly in the Kargil sector to make sure terrorist attacks can be suppressed in minutes.
14. SA-3 defence for large cities like Delhi and Mumbai can bearly withstand any kind of air attack or even a LACM attack. I would rather use the Green Pine radar with air defence suuport from Mig29s and may be Su-30MKI.
15. A missile attack to interior parts of India from Pakistan is inevitable in the early stages of the conflict. The only option is to suppress them at early stages. Special forces, Mirages and Sukhois(to protect Mirages) are needed to destroy these locations or the consequences can be ugly.
I'll end my post now. I know I have not accounted for a lot of possibilities. Just keep adding to this.