Religion Thread - 9

svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

shiv wrote: Which of these syllabi are following the twisted version of history? Specific examples from current history book please, with examples of what is being taught that should not be taught and what is not being taught that should be taught.

What is it that you want children to learn? Why has nobody posted this alongwith all the complaints about education?

We have tons of discussion on this topic everywhere.
http://tinyurl.com/23cwel
http://tinyurl.com/3dpho2
http://tinyurl.com/ysao5g
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

was adi sankaracharya born before christ or after christ?
JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

Shivji,

Just a sampler:

link: http://us.rediff.com/news/2005/jan/25bharat.htm

Bhagat singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev
have been referred as terrorists in an ICSE 6th standard class in
social science subject text book at page number 64 & 65 in Mumbai….
Disclaimer: I cannot authenticate the page numbers
HariC
BRFite

Post by HariC »

Acharya,

I dont any need to 'tinyurl'-ize the India Forum links as they are not long enough in the first place. Or is there something that I am missing?

-------------------

Something related to the topic

Does anyone have stats on the 'Hindu' Population throught the ages? How many of us were around at 0AD, at 500AD, 1000AD, 1800AD , 1900AD and now.

Was there a drastic decline at any point of time due to the maruading invaders?or was it only a 'dent'?

Some numbers would be nice.
HariC
BRFite

Post by HariC »

JwalaMukhi wrote:Shivji,

Just a sampler:

So who should be blamed for this? Marxist Professors, 'DIE' types, or 'EJs. If its the EJs, how the heck are they influencing our text books?
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

HariC wrote:
JwalaMukhi wrote:Shivji,

Just a sampler:

So who should be blamed for this? Marxist Professors, 'DIE' types, or 'EJs. If its the EJs, how the heck are they influencing our text books?
Nowhere has Acharya said that EJ's are influencing the textbooks. EJ's are just one of the problem areas beside DIE, Reds and the Greens.
Acharya's post was related to social engineering efforts going on for last few decades.
HariC
BRFite

Post by HariC »

So who is doing the Social engineering on Hindus over the decades?
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

HariC wrote:So who is doing the Social engineering on Hindus over the decades?
Counter question - What are ideological leanings of the historians that write distorted stories in the school textbooks? Do they have international counterparts? What are the long term aim of these people (not just for India)?

If the above questions are kept in mind, anybody can dig out the answers on their own. And that is more convincing than someone else telling you the answer in this forum.
HariC
BRFite

Post by HariC »

SRoy wrote:
HariC wrote:So who is doing the Social engineering on Hindus over the decades?
Counter question - What are ideological leanings of the historians that write distorted stories in the school textbooks? Do they have international counterparts? What are the long term aim of these people (not just for India)?

If the above questions are kept in mind, anybody can dig out the answers on their own. And that is more convincing than someone else telling you the answer in this forum.
You lost me there. I ask you a question, and I get a question in return. I am in search of answers. Not more questions.

I need dumbed down answers - sort of - 'hinduism under threat for dummies'.. instead I get complex counter questions that leaves me knowledge challenged...
S.Valkan
BRFite

Post by S.Valkan »

Pulikeshi wrote: So pray tell me Valkan, if organizational forces have nothing to do with it, how did Hinduism survive such onslaught? What forces keep us dhimmified Hindus from not rejecting traditiona and follow even ones that we do not understand - confounding Shiv and me for example? :-)
The attempt to view the Hindu society - past or present - as monolithic is at variance with the facts on the ground, as my last post to Shiv pointed out.

The survival of Hindu 'society' happened thanks to different regional dynamics, and not all of it due to an "organic" response from Hindu 'society'.

There are completely different reasons why Hindu society survived in South India (about 90%) than why it survived in the various nooks of North [ Eastern North(about 50%) , Central North(about 70%) and Western North( about 30%) ] India.
Abhijit
BRFite

Post by Abhijit »

There are completely different reasons why Hindu society survived in South India (about 90%) than why it survived in the various nooks of North [ Eastern North(about 50%) , Central North(about 70%) and Western North( about 30%) ] India.
Could you please elaborate at least in brief your take on these different reasons/mechanisms?
JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

Please about the vijayanagara empire and it will shed light on why hinduism survived in the south.
link: http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/etext02/fevch10.txt
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Abhijit also map the Buddhist areas in North India.

While we are at it the Western narrative is that Vasco Da Gama foud the dsea route to India and landed in Cochin and soon after the Porugese established their colonies. The English followed and the Dutch and French too did the same.

This narrative ignores that these were very small settlements and would not have grown to their latter size but for the assent of native rulers and merchant traders. Was there a concsious decision to let the firangs in to counter their local threats?

Recall at that time the Vijayanagara Kingdom was battling the Bahmani Kingdom. The Hindu trading classes were seeking a central authority after the collapse of the Mughal Empire. And Braudel says India was self-conquered.
S.Valkan
BRFite

Post by S.Valkan »

shiv wrote: The locals inlcude a pecentage of Muslims. The children from Muslim families are often brought dressed up as "Krishna" or a Brahmin for fancy dress competitions for kids and the kids have no problem singing the Sanskrit shlokas that are taught along with other prayers and rhymes. The parents raise no objection to this.
There's perhaps no local fatwa machine.

Try that in UP, Bihar and Hyderabad, and there will be an instant dumptruckload of fatwas heaped on them and you, and calls of jihad based on 'Islam in danger' alarmist calls raised.

Why do people not notice the evangelists?
Because they don't come knocking on A/C bungalows.

They go to tribal villages and underdeveloped shanty-towns, where neither the Hyundai/Fiat/Peugeot/Opel driving elites, or the Tehelka media care to go.
Why does the government do nothing?
The government does its job, on paper.

Confucius once stated, "What's the use of Law ? Good people don't need it, and bad people won't follow it."

He forgot the most important one,- "corrupt and nincompoop civic authorities won't enforce it."

A few moons ago, I mentioned "evangelical tourism" as a new ploy being exploited by a lot of evanjihadis from the land of the free.

Many of these 'tourist' visa-holders circumvent the laws of registration and destination, and engage in illegal acts with the help of corrupt officials.
Is Hinduism under threat, or are sanity and rationality under threat? What are the real threats to Hinduism?
The real threat to Hinduism is the one you and I locked horns on: the LACK of an incentive to understand the depth of Hinduism, and the sublime marrow behind the dry bones of 'mumbo jumbo' ritual.

It is a long-term threat.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Hinduism survived cause of the Dharma doctrine held rock solid high that obeyed Pauli's exclusion principles. But, later, things became so regimental about the rites, and misunderstandings hence corruption started within the society.. hence, now Hinduism is getting bosoned cause of this very corruption of minds taken higher precedence, furthering the structural breakdown of the way of life.. hence, Science came to rescue, got fermioned again.. kinda cyclic nature that we are in, eh~.

But the core Dharmites are now acute minorities.. hence the first fear factor.. for being recognized as heritage keepers, but slowly getting EJ-ized for no reason.

The only option left now is to ensure the core quarks get irradiated and move into a model that leptons the bad thoughts, history, elements for interfacing with other interfering forces., and build back what is needed.

This will happen only on a collective model rather a model that supports bold initiatives for individual freedom alone.
Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

The reason Hindusim survived in India inspite of the islamic onslought is... the structure of hinduism.

it does not rely on an organized institution and head honcho and and hierarch that goes with it. there is no mandate in hinduism to even have a formal temple. You can be a Hindu even if you never ever vist a temple. So destroying the physical temple, has no major impact on Hindusim.

Hindus can put up a place of worship in a corner of the kitchen and thats all there is to it. Thats why a Hindu can survive as a Hindu anywhere. The religion is within the individual.

The concept of Hindusim is also an idea, Liberty of thought and worship. The destruction of Hindusim can only occur when people give up these ideas and give up the freedom and the liberty of spiritual thought.

It doesn;t mean.. Hinduism cannot be destroyed. It can. If enough people are conviced to stop the inquiry and become obedient to the "green gobiln" and His scriptures etched in stone few thousand years go.. then... yeah.. IT could happen. Thats pretty much whats done in the other parts of the world.
JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

Hinduism is akin to Distributed system on the network. No Single central authority which when taken down kills the system. This itself is its strength and also its weakness.
Johann
BRF Oldie

Post by Johann »

In the 15th, 16th, 17th and first half of 18th centuries the Europeans could establish outposts in Africa, ME, the Subcontinent and Far East but nothing more.

It wasnt until the mid to late 18th century that European powers achieved any substantial conquest of territory within the Ottoman Empire or Subcontinent.

It was only in the first half of 19th century with the fruits of the industrial revolution that they made any serious inroads in Africa, China and the Middle East.

If one believes that change is inevitable, then there is a choice; to embrace change, to be blindsided by change, or passively wait for it.

When most groups and levels within society attempt to seek various kinds of knowledge *and* apply it to their advantage it produces a very dynamic effect.

Dynamic momentum comes from taking and maintaining initiative. Any nation, society or civilisation however wealthy or strong that thinks it can afford to let that inner dynamo slow or stop - to imagine that they can not or do not need to make things better than they are- is in for real trouble.

Concepts like the 'Middle Kingdom' which strive for stasis and insulation are not going to work in a world which is no longer large, but rather very small.
vsudhir
BRF Oldie

Post by vsudhir »

The real threat to Hinduism is the one you and I locked horns on: the LACK of an incentive to understand the depth of Hinduism, and the sublime marrow behind the dry bones of 'mumbo jumbo' ritual.

Interesting.

'Long term' is how long exactly? Will a couple of generations be long term?

Pls note that the traditional Hindu fmily structure - the HUF variety - played an important if not primary role in the propagation of the Hindu way of life. of which the rituals, culture etc are but outward manifestations (albeit sometimes sans spiritual content).

Modernity and urbanization has severely affected the family structure. Nuclear families are now the norm. My parents were raised in joint families, my children will be raised in a nuclear family. Their children too, I hope. {The west shows that when 2-3 marriages and divorces per head become common, things can devolve further}.

With the supporting family structure going, going gone, what is it that will ensure continuity and perpetuity of the Hindu way of life?

And with the weakening of the Hindu 'identity' (as in just a headcount of folk who self-identify as Hindu as opposed to fashionably atheistic or from non-Hindu faiths), how will things look, say, a 30 yrs hence?

Time will tell.
Abhijit
BRFite

Post by Abhijit »

the LACK of an incentive to understand the depth of Hinduism, and the sublime marrow behind the dry bones of 'mumbo jumbo' ritual.

Intel makes enormously complicated chips. Then bill gates makes a proprietary monopolistic software called windows that sits on every PC. Then Dell, hp and others sell the pc's to millions of users. The pc users don't understand anything about the chips or the os but they are hooked on to their pc's - because the software that lets them play games or watch movies or do simple spreadsheet, word processing stuff is easy to understand and the users remain addicted to pc's. Is there a need to make the general users understand the technology or even worse, the physics that makes their daily pc usage possible? NO.
the intel and microsoft and dell people who need to understand these things continue to learn and advance the learning. There are valcans where they are needed. the valcans need to build a product and support system that the millions of users will remain hooked on without bothering about how it works. Hinduism has built such a user system. If the pc usage is on the rise it can only be curtailed by loss of the political patronage and not because the users don't understand how the pc works. Crude analogy but probably apt.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

SRoy wrote:
Nowhere has Acharya said that EJ's are influencing the textbooks. EJ's are just one of the problem areas beside DIE, Reds and the Greens.
Acharya's post was related to social engineering efforts going on for last few decades.
Thanks. That rediff link was not mine. Lot of current problems are carryover from pre-independence era.

Census was carried out in British India first in 1881. The true intent was to figure out how many muslims were there in the entire subcontinent. This was needed for them to figure out how to make their big plans on middle east before the WWI and final collapse of the ottoman empire. Indian muslims from UP and Punjab were the richest muslims till 1950s.

Modernism from 1890s created another set of intellectual studies on sociology and anthropology. Indian elite showed classic characteristics of socially engineered people under colonial times(Maculay and his minutes) and the expansion of communism completely changed the study of human behavior.

After 1940 the biggest change has been the expansion of media and social management using media. This combined with modern education created entire class of socially engineered people who think like the west but live in India. They took over the debate over education and secularism from 1970 which has resulted in the current situation in India.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

HariC wrote:Acharya,

I dont any need to 'tinyurl'-ize the India Forum links as they are not long enough in the first place. Or is there something that I am missing?
You are not missing anything and IF links have been used here both ways which ever is convenient at that time.
S.Valkan
BRFite

Post by S.Valkan »

ramana wrote: This narrative ignores that these were very small settlements and would not have grown to their latter size but for the assent of native rulers and merchant traders. Was there a concsious decision to let the firangs in to counter their local threats?

And Braudel says India was self-conquered.
That's the unvarnished truth from time immemorial.

Imagine a Lanka protected by the valiant Indrajit, indefatigable and undefeated in war.

Where was the chance in hell that Rama and Lakshman would win ? Heck, they were even both defeated, bound and gagged by the 'NagaPasha' weapon unleashed by Indrajit.

Had it not been for the "treachery" of "mirjafar" Vibhishana, how would Rama and Lakshman have known to disrupt his meditation of Indrajit, and finally kill him ?

Without the King of Taxila (Ambhi) helping Alexander know the weaknesses in the defence of an elephant army, would Puru ( Porus ) be defeated in the battle ?

The list goes on and on.
Bade
BRF Oldie

Post by Bade »

Concepts like the 'Middle Kingdom' which strive for stasis and insulation are not going to work in a world which is no longer large, but rather very small.
This is exactly why declaring non-proselytizing feature as a wonderful idea in the context of Hinduism is leading to such feelings of EJ threat. Hindu institutions need to understand that in the number games Hindus are a minority in the world as of now and need to bridge that gap. We need to do it simply to protect the freedoms of the world from centrist beliefs.

We need to remove doubts from the likes of Collins, so as to not feel the threat ourselves in this globalized world. For that Hinduism requires a larger stage and prepare itself to play that role. With different times new methods and ideas needs to be developed and accepted. No point in clinging to sacred texts written a few thousand years ago. Be more inclusive and embrace as many as possible. Small efforts like Amrita, Ramakrishna and other missions is already in the works.

More the number, merrier should be the motto. Hindus living in India are not under immediate threat but a majority in this world are deep in ignorance and we need to save them all, in the least offer them a choice by giving them a different world view. It is not fun to live among the ignorants and rabid believers who are fast becoming a majority. So new light needs to be shed in all the dark continents where people are suffering from fraudulent cults. We need to liberate them, the sooner the better for all of us.
Last edited by Bade on 06 Apr 2007 01:43, edited 1 time in total.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

HariC wrote:

I need dumbed down answers - sort of - 'hinduism under threat for dummies'.. instead I get complex counter questions that leaves me knowledge challenged...
I will give some sample. THere are tons of books and discussions on the net to study and read for years.

Caste Studies by the West:

“In that Country the laws of religion, the laws of the land, and the laws of honor, are all united and consolidated in one, and bind a man eternally to the rules of what is called his casteâ€
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Let me know if anybody is interested to read the whole thing.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

JwalaMukhi wrote:Hinduism is akin to Distributed system on the network. No Single central authority which when taken down kills the system. This itself is its strength and also its weakness.
exactly.. the weakness is what that counts often for survival. or the sheer chance that nothing happened to tweak into the weakness.

one can't complacent about the stronger aspects and be looking at the future. hence there exists a need to change.

we need multi-faced commits!

PS: now, it appears that people are either fearful or lethargic to protect for the larger interests., and this is what i get, when we keep quoting hinduism pre-1947. what are we going to do now? is imho, should be discussed. of course, the past can be a reference, to aid but not to be complacent about, and hiding under it.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Posting is again for people to understand how deep this has gone.

http://www.christianaggression.org/features_bush.php

Data on India: the CIA connection

The "spying out" missions that generated the vast ethnographic data of the Indian people also involved detailed study of Dr KS Singh's 'People of India Project' that was launched in 1985 by the Anthropological Society of India (ASI). Under Singh's leadership, the ASI undertook an ambitious project to chart one of the most far-reaching ethnographic studies in the 20th century. Five hundred scholars spent over 26,000 field days to compile information for these volumes. This gigantic research work came handy for American and Indian strategists to draft their evangelical plans for India. According to Luis Bush, "Never before has this kind of information on India been so carefully surveyed, prepared, well published and distributed…We do not believe it is accidental. God is allowing us to "spy out the land" that we might go in and claim both it and its inhabitants for Him."

The data collected by experts from Wycliffe/Summer Institute of Linguistics, World Vision (WV) and the International Mission Board/Southern Baptists to compile the Joshua Project Peoples list included a detailed and comprehensive list of the people groups in India as well. Though this may appear normal international research activity - generating ethnographic profiles of non-Christian people groups in the 10/40 window - there are unseen dangers inherent in the compilation of such accurate people-group profiles.

The files contained cross-references to reveal behavioural patterns among Indian peoples in everything from socialisation (including aggressive tendencies) and personality traits, drives, emotions, and language structure, to political intrigue, kinship ties, traditional authority, mineral resources, exploitation, and labor relations. Rockefeller called these data the Strategic Index of Latin America." The question that will rattle not only the Indian government, but also outrage the Indian citizens is whether the American-funded "spying missions" carried out by Indian and foreign missionary agencies through more than a decade has resulted in the preparation of a 'Strategic Index of India' at the CIA headquarters?

Wycliffe, the Southern Baptists and World Vision have all been active in India as well. Incidentally, it was George Bush Sr who in his first action as the new CIA director declared on February 11, 1976, that he would ban the practice of enlisting "clergymen and newsmen as intelligence agents." But this was just public grandstanding, doublespeak to save the CIA not only from embarrassment, but protect its operations in Latin American countries such as Guatemala, Nicaragua and El Salvador.

In India's case this "standardised data coding" has been married to IMA's survey. This has been used to such a degree that even the diverse language groups of India have been divided into PIN codes. The ability to send evangelists that are familiar to language and culture greatly facilitates the speed at which conversion can happen. It is also cost effective since tactics can be formed at home base. This also enables any Christian missionary organisation anywhere in the world to source any ethno-cultural or ethno-linguistic data on India at the click of the mouse.
So let's say if one of Bush's Christian evangelical cronies wants to check out which missionary organisation is working with the Banjaras in Nalgonda, Khammam and Krishna districts in Andhra Pradesh, all he has to do is plug into this highly guarded database. It will tell him how many Banjaras were converted to Christianity over a specified period, the names of Indian Christian researchers working in community and which evangelical ministry coordinating the exercise of "saving souls".
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

Acharya wrote:Let me know if anybody is interested to read the whole thing.
I am.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

abhischekcc wrote:
Acharya wrote:Let me know if anybody is interested to read the whole thing.
I am.

You have to read the whole thing.

http://tinyurl.com/2y9c8k

http://tinyurl.com/28j3xk
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Soul issues .

EJs are long term threat becuase they are planting the seeds of poison ivy all over India just like they did in NE. They are organised force with foreign political and monetray patronage which disqualify them as a benevolent force of social change .

Hindus and other Dharmic paths got a breather from Jihadi threat after 800 years. Ejs are hell bent on filling the Jihadi shoes to keep the preassure on Hindu society .Their insistence on granting themselves the right of bringing the "Good News" to heathens is proof of their diabolic nature and violent intentions. They have no such right and simply intruding.

This current discussion echo the sentiment once expressed by Ramakrishna. He noticed the seeds of Dharma was still well protected in India and need of the time is to remove the husk ( some rituals, mumbo juumbo etc) and plant the seeds , provide protection till they grow strong.

The educational policies of GOI after Independence favouring Leftist , Jihadi, EJs worldviews are acting as impendiments for this very planting and protective exercise and sabotaging all the efforts by undermining native Dharmic forces . Their main weapon is Indian version of Secularism.
Disarm them of Suckularism and half the problems are solved,unfortunately , as of know, no one knows the antidote to this poison .
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Acharya, imho, why do we need to go that far, when we can see our own behavior. we have ignored or been ignorant about the voting class, since independence, and never bothered to ensure they vote for the right type of govt and its elected members. we have dadas, goondas as prequalifiers for getting enrolled into political system.

what not, the few selected idiots get elected and rule the nation. now, there is no point complaining about CIA tentacles.. Countless pizzareas are enough to spaghetti thru to satisfy colombian drug lords as well. We have enough idiots to help that system of govt, thus EJihic societies take a upper hand.

the purists and other deep down philosophers would only survive the onslaught, and the history would ever say: who ever thought that Hinduism is not penetrate-able.

we need MSDOSic architectures to deal with situations, while keep the heart clean with SD. of course. Hardware abstractions are needed to ensure the core is protected, but we need constant revisits to challenges posed from a system of governance that does not faulter on its own people.

When we satsify our own people, these kind of poltics will not take places, when nip them in the bud itself. In america, the educated and literate levels are so advanced.. we can't say the same about India. Can we take Hinduism route for such failures.

Don't care about your surroundings.. but keep your heart clean? Why are we not Valkanizing the environment, but we jump into as a whole to Valkanize sole, I, independence, freedom thought, and all things individualistic.

That is the core of the weakness. We have collective wisdom weakness, where the whole is not an integration of the set.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Prem wrote:
Disarm them of Suckularism and half the problems are solved,unfortunately , as of know, no one knows the antidote to this poison .
One answer
POLITICAL POWER
S.Valkan
BRFite

Post by S.Valkan »

Abhijit wrote: the intel and microsoft and dell people who need to understand these things continue to learn and advance the learning.

Crude analogy but probably apt.
I hope you can figure out why the analogy is not apt.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

SaiK wrote: We have collective wisdom weakness, where the whole is not an integration of the set.
There is a sociology term for this.
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

S.Valkan wrote: The attempt to view the Hindu society - past or present - as monolithic is at variance with the facts on the ground, as my last post to Shiv pointed out.

The survival of Hindu 'society' happened thanks to different regional dynamics, and not all of it due to an "organic" response from Hindu 'society'.

“We refuse to recognize that society is an organism and not an organization and that, in a sense we are part of a “higherâ€
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

One of the core brass-tacks rules could be:

Hinduism should be extended to protect onslaught on ALL Hindus at every level. The core mission statement for Hinduism is National Integration. What can we do, or change, that helps to achieve this objective.

ps: on the implementation level for achieving this objective, The core principles should not be visible. But, takes the "National Integration thru Hinduism" drive marketing to ward of evils.

At implementation level, we don't philosophers, purists, et al taking participations.. Hence, we need them to work on strategies for such implementations that Objectives are met.

We have none or one can count in fingers the number of such persons in a population of billions.
JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

SaiK wrote:One of the core brass-tacks rules could be:

Hinduism should be extended to protect onslaught on ALL Hindus at every level. The core mission statement for Hinduism is National Integration. What can we do, or change, that helps to achieve this objective.
Well said, this is exactly what was accomplished almost single handedly by Adi Shankaracharya, and is the need of the hour. Adi Shankaracharaya's foremost contribution was national integration par excellence. There is hope that with today's conveneiences it could be definitely accomplished.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Acharya wrote:
HariC wrote:

I
."

and universities. The western scholars were again able to gain leverage and control over the caste discourse and politics around them in India by gaining influence over those communities in the 70s.[/color][/b] This was the most important event in the history of the independent India, which created social upheaval never seen in the Indian society. The colonial stratification created sub national political communities with grievances which US government found very receptive to their human rights initiative in the late 70s under Carter administration. In the 90s Dalits became the significant community which was receptive to the state department initiative to create political and social movement inside India which disrupted any consolidation of single party rule at the center. The primary aim of the western strategic community is to make sure that India will never have a solid majority for a single party rule that means a single political unity. This use of caste communities may be considered as the biggest weapon which the superpower has on India in the 21st century; which it can use in the future to unmake the nation as we know as India.
EJs are there to carve out their own sphere of influence thus becoming king makers and manipulaters beholden to Non Indian interests and forces. Look like fault lines are created constantly to damage the integration and conslodiation process of Indian society.
Then , question is how does Shiv's above observation fit in this ,what are the driving froces behind such integrating process and how they can be strengthen?
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Prem wrote:
Acharya wrote:
The colonial stratification created sub national political communities with grievances which US government found very receptive to their human rights initiative in the late 70s under Carter administration. In the 90s Dalits became the significant community which was receptive to the state department initiative

Then , question is how does Shiv's above observation fit in this ,what are the driving froces behind such integrating process and how they can be strengthen?
The answer is in the same para you have quoted. Once all the communities get the gyan that external sweet and sugar is actually fake then we get real freedom.
Last edited by svinayak on 06 Apr 2007 03:02, edited 1 time in total.