Indian Sports and Entertainment Industry

The Technology & Economic Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to Technological and Economic developments in India. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Re: Indian Sports and Entertainment Industry

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Singha wrote: now what is this drag flick thing I saw india score today with?
you can read the wiki at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drag_flick

what i will add is that the oiropeans have for long wanted to wrest the control of the game esp away from the sdres. so around the mid to late-60s they followed an ambitious plan to first infiltrate into FIH as a member. given the dime a dozen gora countries, this job was easy. once past this stage, they used democrazy as the toolkit to subvert and move away from grass hockey to astro based. rule changes followed aplenty leaving the traditional indian game behind. and with rules changing faster than pakis stuffing their heads with disaster after disaster, sdres were left breathless trying to catch up. and then came the bang: the cost of astro was inflated to ensure that sdres can hardly ever catch up.

drag flick is an innovation in this saga, inspired by the dutch footie teams. total foosball was a term invented and popularized by the dutch stars such as johan cryuff. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Football
inevitably, it left a big and huge mark on the way hickey is played. in hickey terms, what total foosball meant was breathless hickey. breathless hickey is hard on the body, very effing hard. to condition oneself, the best suggestion would be to play "flat-board hickey" where the ball never goes out of play. something like indoor footie. and play that with 6 a side, and you will know what that means. the dutch, the assies, the germans have used indoor hickey to shape their bodies. the koreans and the spaniards use military drills to infuse discipline. the argentines go for hi-al training. anyway, back to drag flick: d f is just the hickety equivalent of shifting around the stop point from the pc driver. you shift and maneuver around, and they increase the allowable height of a legit goal, and make your stick more aeroD to swing farther ahead, and you use all that freeeedom to power a 100 mile thunderbolt, that is drag flick. the old indian grass stars would call it pu$$y behavior, but eh, it is in the rules ok. democrazy, that is what it means -- not democrazy by number of people, but democrazy by how many oiseaulish countries you can break yourself into.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

but one has to admit the pakis somehow managed to hang on at top level long after india started to really struggle....whether it was their "immortals" like our fab4 in kirket (hassan sardar, kalimullah, samiullah et al) or something else...later shabaz ahmed and wasim feroz also gave everyone a hard time.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

when the satan state was created, it took a big chunk of folks (esp the punjabi side) to itself. not just players, but also spectators, of whatever little it had. the rise of sundergarh, coorg, orissa etc are very recent events. after jaipal singh munda, we had to wait all the way till the 70s for one michael kindo to arrive. hockey in the 50s and 60s was primarily a sikh affair (8 out of 18 players in 56 helsinki were sikh whereas that number was 10 out of 17 in tokyo 64), with the anglo-indian bit winding down really quickly in the post-leslie claudius era. in the 70s and 80s however, this number went down pretty dramatically. so one could argue that the sikh bastion losing out on playing hockey is perhaps a good excuse for why indian performance went down too. khalistan is a curse, whichever way one dices it.

further, remember that while rome 60 was a monumental disaster, tokyo 64 was by no means a walk in the park in the hockey finals. it was a close 1-0 win. we hung on to the medal table till munich 72 with the 75 KL dramatic finish being the last hurrah.. munich west germany win was a major shock not just for us, but for the pakis too. by 1975, the astro had well and truly arrived on the hickey pitch. well, to their credit, the pakis read the writing on the wall and the same techniques that jansher khan and before him, jahangir khan used were also used for hickey training. regarding hassan kardar or kalimullah, i would nt put them in the zone by any means. they ran well, with the 7-1 asiad win hassan kardar's biggest claim to fame. running is not hockey.

i really have no idea why indians alone did nt go in for military training when the whole wide world was doing exactly that. but a simple answer to that may be the following: the asiad started due to india's efforts whereas champions trophy as well as world cup and the asia cup started due to pakis' efforts. there is a good word called initiative and much like in real life, the one with the onus survives while the one that ends up lethargic bites the dust.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

I see lot of current indian players from the military background. Some weightlifters, wrestlers are definitely from Army Background. I am not so sure about shooters (except Mr. Rathore), boxers, etc. Any other players from defense background?

Bottom line is that discipline is the key to the success in any competition!! and Defense forces teaches nothing but a Discipline to follow.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

SBajwa wrote:Any other players from defense background?
Dhananjay Mahadik (hickey) is an Army man from a Maharashtra unit. He led a really shady Army hockey team to great heights in the MCC Murugappa Trophy and other national events of high prestige somuchso that selectors got impressed by his capitancy skills and pulled him over to the national side. When the rolling capitancy of Brasa came calling in Canada, before the dust settled on Rajpal Singh, he did nt too bad either. Just that the fracas between Sandeep Singh and Rajpal Singh overshadowed that Dhananjay and Tushar Khandekar also got a chance to show their capitancy mettle.

If I remember right, the very-quickly rising Suranjoy Singh (boxing) is also from an army or a para outfit.
Carl_T
BRF Oldie

Post by Carl_T »

Thokchom nanao singh in boxing is also in Army I think.
Asit P
BRFite

Post by Asit P »

Bhai log - does any one know the timings of Indo- Pak Hockey match?
praksam
BRFite

Post by praksam »

its about to start now.you can watch it on http://www.livetvchannelsfree.net/ddsports.html
Asit P
BRFite

Post by Asit P »

Thanks Praksam. Half time. India leading by 4 goals to 2 :) .
Asit P
BRFite

Post by Asit P »

And India wins the match 7-4. Hip-hip hurray.
arjunm
BRFite

Post by arjunm »

World no. 1 Rafeel Nadal Opened Tennis school in Andra Pradesh-

Nadal inaugurates his tennis school in Andhra Pradesh

Press Trust of India, Updated: October 17, 2010 22:44 IST
Ads by Google

Hyderabad: World number one Rafael Nadal on Sunday inaugurated the Nadal Tennis School at the Anantapur Sports Village in Anantapur town of Andhra Pradesh and interacted with young tennis players.

Nadal, accompanied by his mother Ana Maria Parera, who is President of the Rafael Nadal Foundation, came to Anantapur last night from Bangalore and visited the sports academy which has been set up in collaboration with Fundacion Vincente Ferrer (FVF), the Spanish arm of the Rural Development Trust (RDT), an Anantapur-based NGO, officials said.

As of now the academy has three international class clay courts and Nadal inaugurated the central court, a police officer told PTI over phone from Anantapur, adding Nadal also interacted and played tennis with budding players.

The sports facility is likely to be further expanded besides efforts were on to bring in star hockey players from Australia and Spain, who are to visit the RDT stadium to offer training and for interaction.
Nadal also visited some nearby villages where the NGO runs centres for the visually-challenged and hearing-impaired and children with other disabilities, the official said.

For NDTV Updates, follow us on Twitter or join us on Facebook

Story first published:
October 17, 2010 20:57 IST

Tags: anantpur sports village, AP tennis school, nadal, Nadal tennis school, Rafael Nadal, tennis, tennis school

Read more at: http://www.ndtv.com/article/sports/nada ... h-60432?cp

Thanks-

Arjun-m

http://www.ndtv.com/article/sports/nada ... desh-60432
Ameet
BRFite

Post by Ameet »

7-foot 14-year-old from India is ready to follow in Yao's footsteps

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_d ... nba-284256

Satnam is on track to be a very, very good long-term basketball player,'' said Dan Barto, director of player development at IMG Basketball Academy, who recently returned from India where he conducted several coaching clinics. "His biggest weakness now is our biggest strength here when it comes to developing players -- neuromuscular firing -- overall body control. His potential is pretty amazing.''

That potential starts with his size, which is incredible itself. At age 14, he is expected to grow for another couple of years. For now, he wears a size-22 basketball shoe. His hands swallow the ball. His father, Balbir Singh Bhamara, is 7-2. His grandmother on his father's side is 6-9.

He already has a man's body with broad shoulders and a thick chest. Although his leg strength is not good yet, there is nothing skinny about him. Through the normal maturation process -- if he continues to work -- he should become quite a specimen in the next five years.
Vasu
BRFite

Post by Vasu »

so technically he's not yet ready to follow in Yao's footsteps yet!

:)
Kukreja
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Kukreja »

Vasu wrote:so technically he's not yet ready to follow in Yao's footsteps yet!
:)
i hope he doesnt turn out to be another yao ming - unathletic, soft, slow, no jumping ability, and most importantly - injury prone. he just strained his tendon last week while taking a charge. wtf?
Gaurav_S
BRFite

Post by Gaurav_S »

Narendra Modi inaugurates Khel Mahakumbh Gujarat

Lacs of wannabe have registered and are said to participate in this mega event.
Vasu
BRFite

Post by Vasu »

Amazing. 16 lakh registered participants!

Even if a small percentage of the participants show up, I wonder how many elimination rounds will be held before the finals of any event!
Asit P
BRFite

Post by Asit P »

Saina avenges the defeat of Asian Games. Thrashes Pui Yin Yip by a margin of 21-11, 21-10 in just 26 minutes.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spor ... 078159.cms

I would love to see this girl win an Olympic Gold for Hindustan.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Saina beats the world#5 chinese to take HK title after 3 sets

btw her ranking is now #4 (up from #6 a while back).
http://www.the-sports.org/ranking-badmi ... 18-l0.html

only two chinese and denmark tine baun rasmussen are left. tine is 31 and unlikely to be around much longer and points gap with Saina is narrow....

#3 ranking is coming soon imo.

she must not stop until the #1 ranking....chipanda needs to be taught a lesson in a game they think they 'own' (barring the occasional indonesian or malay champ)
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

I will start my "agony (p)unk" column --- a moronic interlude at random --- for those keen on political matters with the hickey federation (I assume very few, but anyway).

1) On team matters, Rajpal Singh has claimed a lot about Jose Brasa's tenure. I assume these statements have been made to suck up to HI and WITH the knowledge that Brasa is never making any further comeback with the Indian team. Brasa's tenure has only been better than Gerard Rach's. But that is what will happen when you acquiesce to the Spain-led EJ lobby in FIH, especially when you have petty matters such as the successful conductance of the WC in the forefront than the team's health and/or progress. Whatever it is, the tussle between Prabhjot and Rajpal has vertically divided the team with Sandeep caught in no man's land. The statement on Dhananjay Mahadik by Rajpal was one too many below the belt. It may well be that we will see a new capitan for the Indian team, just as we will see a new coach.
2) On coach matters, HI folks are pissed off with Harendra Singh for the resignation dramabaazi after the loss to Malaysia in the semis. Harendra was tipped to take over from Brasa, but now all bets are off. In one moment of madness, Harendra has become the man in the middle to the one most detested by hickey politicos, and that is what matters. In hickey, how you suck up to the big bosses matter more than what you do on the field. So get over it Harendra, go to Batra saab and apologize. Get him a Blue Label on your way out if you can. Meanwhile, Dhanraj Pillay and Jude Felix have thrown their ring in the hat saying they are fit enough to coach the Indian team. I have mixed opinions on Dhanraj's unofficial candidacy. More like:

I loooovvvvvve him-I hattteee him,
and round and round we go;
The uber-monkeys in the closet,
for all that we wish to know.

3) There are enough op-ed pieces that have been ululating about how RicC was the magic that we sorely missed out on at AG. All these la-la land pieces forget the simple fact that RicC played dramabaazi far better than Harendra could ever. And he did nt need a Blue Label ever, all he needed were some brown spoons with a blue fountain pen spewing more piss than men could ever dream of. His tussle with SAI was legendary and his resignation drama sitting in Perth was even more Bollywood-ish, what else did you expect from an assie with an attitude that would stretch bigger than his last name. How people (far more informed than I could ever be) forget things that happened less than five years back, god knows. Is it that they were the brown spoons, or do they know better about what is good for Indian hickey and are hence willingly lying, I have no ken on these stupidissimo.
4) Meanwhile, in a move that has surprised folks who dont watch the political space and just sit on their backsides, Hockey India (HI) on Saturday appointed former India captain Pargat Singh as the chairman of the development committee. Recall that Pargat contested against Narinder Batra (who had shadow-acted in the form of Vidya Stokes) in the HI elections. This is the first truce in a soap opera of truces to be established. Obviously, this is a truce established by FIH, which means that the Spanish/FIH-lobby is still doing Track 2 diplomacy instead of running their EJ activities in Anantapur. The less time these morons have for EJ-ing, the merrier for us heathens.
5) The other power center in hickey politics the Sahara parivar-KPS Gill group will establish its truce "soon". Obviously, this is a BJP-INC extended fight landing on the damn hockey field much to the heartache of those who are ignorant enough to not know that sports is politics/money-making by other means. So "soon" has to wait till some guru on brf can open yet another conspiracy theory-laden thread. I mean soon, you know, very very soon.
6) For its part, the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, that runs SAI and thus wields an unofficial hold over hickey in India, has invited Dilip Tirkey and Harbinder Singh to be the new observers of hockey. They will replace long standing Ajitpal Singh and Zafar Iqbal. So this is it, please stand up and clap clap clap. All the old masters are out in one fell swoop -- Zafar Iqbal, Ajitpal Singh, Jose Brasa, Harendra Singh, Vidya Stokes, Suresh Kalmadi, Rajpal Singh (?!). It is a coincidence that three stars -- Dilip Tirkey, Pargat Singh and Dhanraj Pillay -- who played for considerable time in the 90s are back in the limelight. Pargat will be the Hockey India face on technical matters, while Dilip Tirkey will be the same on behalf of Government of India whereas Dhanraj Pillay is pitching in for the coaching.
7) While more news has flowed on political matters about hickey than about the team, the team has split up and is playing local/national and intra-club/employer matches, as the case may be. There wont be any further tour in sight till some moron reminds the officials that the team has nt toured much at all in the last N months.
8 ) If you are fretting much about the Londonistan games, dont worry eat curry. There is one qualifier in India as the FIH has realized how much cash they can make in India. So India will play a six team tournament in India, and god forbid another Santiago wont happen. Auf wiedersehen till that stupid tournament (I got you :)), I will be back when the said guru opens the said thread.
Rampy
BRFite

Post by Rampy »

Stan_Savljevic wrote:I will start my "agony (p)unk" column --- a moronic interlude at random --- for those keen on political matters with the hickey federation (I assume very few, but anyway).
Thank you Stan garu, interesting tit bits. Please fill us when you have get more info and have time.
Asit P
BRFite

Post by Asit P »

A newspaper has used the term 'Dragon slayer' for Saina. Must say, nice nick name :wink: .
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Another Stan classic...
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Agni punk's diarrhoea

Today unk is frustrated... When was he not?! Hamara des ka National Games (NG) has been scheduled for Feb 11-25 in Ranchi. 34th edition. Proudly my creation and friend, chitti, declares. He adds 33rd was in Guwahati, 2007. So only four years in the making wa wa vare va. Just like hamra world cup, hain ji? Unk as usual used chitti to parse through loads of info from Internetji. Ranchi has been the best thing for NG somuchso IOAji wants to brand it as National GajAnA, Incredible gincredible add keejiye please. This is the seventh time IOAji has asked Jharkhandis to run the show. A brief history...

1) Nov 15, 2007: Chief Secretary (CS) was faintly heard saying: "JHK is a new state yaar. After much thought, Gurujiji has blessed the following slogan for our state:
Dances with stealth
Mines, no wealth
Tribes, and dearth.
Kaise ho, bahut achii likhiye. Even Sridharan sir is struggling, hum ek chotta mota state yaar. Bharat ko dictatorship chahiye. Infra-building is such a painindabutt yaar."
2) Dec 1, 2008: Our friend by now, CSji came back to us: "Almost there yaar, one more month and we will be there, I promise you." IOAji reassured by CSji pushed the Games to Feb-mid.
3) Feb 14-28, 2009: This time we had a new CSji in the state. He came back to us frantically "Jharkhandis have loose motion. So the stadia are not prepared sufficiently to host the NG. We plan to postpone to June." No more was heard from naya CSji.
4) June 1, 2009: This time there was no CSji in the state onlee. Instead Ranchi Online loudly blared: "Nature gets loose motion, climatic conditions not favorable for hosting sporting events in Ranchi."
5) Nov 21-Dec 5, 2009: Speculation is rife that it will now be held only after the Assembly elections. Someone in the JOA was heard saying: "For the firsht time, we were prepared. Maybe IOA janaab must have found some valid reason to postpone the Games. Or was it a conspirazee? Only brf can come up with one, hain ji?!"
6) Dec 9-22, 2010: IOAji morbidly declared: "Dates clashing with the second Beach Asian Games in Muscat from December 8-16." I am sure what sports fanatics of brf did when NG got postponed: Create a dhaaga for the Beach asian games, Chant "Go India, go", Intezaar, "Why only 1 gold yaar, why onlee two golds, losers yaar!" However, CSji had the last laugh: "Kya games geemes? Panchayat hai, elections hai, bas!"

As usual, brfites are uber-brilliant only. "Why why why?", they will ask. Unk has been on the inside you see, through the 90s. So you know, unk's experience with NG goes far. I have actually helped Kalmadiji tie his pink turban for the Pune 94 games. Kya FakeIPLPlayer eh, I was the earlier avtar giving running commentary to our press-log when Kalmadiji went to Kanteerava in 97. They did nt put all these in the Limca book of records, you know, even after I pleaded with them. Just for your ears only, Kalmadiji posts on Brf and is swalpa ahead of the curve. Thats why you might have missed him. And he goes by the handle Markandeya, short for Mark Christopher. Umpireji, please dont ban Markji or unkji for death threats, it was not us. Anyway awmta...

Why? To prepare for NG, one needs to refurbish stadia eh na, even Sridharan sir's metro fell down and sucked all the binaji-hating billis, hum cheeni maal use karein, why not. One also has to sign contracts for transport, catering, housekeeping, vageira, just so you know. Every contract has a cut, a cut within a cut, a further cut within a cut ad infinitum. Kalmadiji says it better than me:

Taxpayerji ka udaarta, Des ki suraksaa
No translation for all you anti-Hindi nazis, go learn Hindi, hamra Rashtryia Language.

PS: Yaar, after I made my dramatic entry, Jassoobhai mithaiwala called me up and chided me. Bhaiji speaketh and I quoth (in full): ' "Agony punk", kya naam eh beta? Forum is full of Indic memes, you see. Mere advice leejiye, change karo.' I sat through with one more Absolut in hand, thinking about bhaiji's advice. After enough thought, I have decided to follow bhaiji: I will rename myself "agni punk." One thought came through my empty head though, "Kya Indic pindic sitting in gor des, hain ji?" At least, so you know, unk does nt lie about having a garage in Khetolai. Whatever it is, bahut achha synergy between Indic and gor memes, you have to accept that ji.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Saina is now official world #2

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/ranking.aspx?id=70&dt=4

more power to the "black horse"
Bade
BRF Oldie

Post by Bade »

Unaware of death, the race of a son’s life
Thiruvananthapuram, Dec. 19: The son of two national champion athletes today sprinted to the 100m gold in the Kerala school championships only to learn his father had died 13 hours ago and his mother had kept the news from him.

Mother Mercy Kuttan later told a sobbing Sujith, 18, that she had wanted him to compete today because his father and coach K.G. Murali Kuttan’s dream was to see him win an Olympic medal in 2014.

Murali and Mercy, an Arjuna Awardee and the first Indian woman to jump further than 6m, had been the country’s first athlete couple to win Asiad medals.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

DNA india:

Under pressure to kill jailed Commonwealth Games officials, reveal undertrials
Published: Tuesday, Dec 21, 2010, 19:20 IST
Place: New Delhi | Agency: PTI

In a sensational development, two undertrials today told a Delhi court that they were allegedly pressurised by Tihar jail officials to kill two Commonwealth Games (CWG) officials lodged in the high security prison.

Chief metropolitan magistrate Vinod Yadav sought a detailed report from the station house officer of Hari Nagar police station on December 24.

The appliation filed by Nishant and Amit, who are facing trial for murder, claimed that they have been under pressure of the Tihar jail officials to eliminate two of the three CWG officials who are in judicial custody.

They have sought security in the wake of "threats" by the jail officials.

Three former top organising committee officials TS Darbari, M Jayachandran and Sanjay Mahendroo are in judicial custody in Tihar jail.

Darbari and Mahendroo were arrested on November 15. Jaychandran is in custody since November 21. All of them are facing corruption charges.

Nishant and Amit submitted that they have been shifted recently from ordinary prison cell to the high security cell where the CWG officials are lodged.
durvasa
BRFite

Post by durvasa »

Not sure if any one noticed but the last paki handdee in sports is broken. In men's squash Indian no 1 saurabh (22) is ranked higher than paki Amir atlas khan (28). Probably for the first time ever. Pakis still have more players in top 100 but It's just matter of time

Of course I only meant men's game, as in women squash, pakis are nowhere before the likes of joshna and dipika both in top 50 in the world.
http://www.psa-squash.com/entry/ranking.php
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

^^^ There is one Carla Khan, the daughter of a former men's squash player.
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

^^^
Carla Khan is currently ranked #194 in the world. Highest ranking she got was #24 and she was English then. Only reason she decided to represent Pak is because her form dropped and then she wasn't good enough to represent England. Hell, if you look at some of her video clips, she even pronounces the name of her new country as "Pack" rather than "Pahk".
Last edited by ArmenT on 27 Dec 2010 00:37, edited 1 time in total.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Her ranking plummeted because of recent back injuries. She is back now. Whether she was good enough to represent England is a different question altogether. When she was around, she was floating in the top-40s regularly. Not like one should care beyond a point, but noting it as a point of reference.

It seems like Joshna's rise has been capped and Dipika seems to be slowly moving past her. Ritwik was also in the top-40s before he melted away. When Raju was around, he gave a good reason for why that may be the case. Saurav Ghosal has been at the 21-30 mark for the past 5 years now, if I am not wrong. What has happened is that Aamir Atlas Khan has fallen down, may be injury, may be loss of form, it is not that Saurav has had grand upswing in fortunes. These are two entirely different things. Indian squash is still a babe in the woods, claiming otherwise is contrary to facts on the ground. We are in the top-2 or 3 of Asia, to get to the point where we are the top-2 or 3 in the world is a fair distance away. It has a bright future sure, but the pakis are no longer the world beaters they ever were, that died with Jansher. The gold standard is now the Egyptians and Nicol David (who apparently has a Tamil parent, which wont be obvious if you have heard her speak of her family origins!).
durvasa
BRFite

Post by durvasa »

Indian juniors are doing pretty fine and should take us higher . Aditya jagtap, harinder sandhu, anwesha and surabhi among many others can go beyond 40s. But in the last few months they are hardly playing any tournament. They need more exposures to Egyptians, Brits, ozzies and malaysians. Saurabh's current rank is highest he ever has been, having moved from 30 at start-2010 to 22 now, a very decent improvement. Dipika too is improving while ritwik is nowhere to be seen.

We need at least 5 players (currently 2-3 each) in top 100 in both male and female categories with at least one each in top 10 to begin to make a mark.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Simultaneous Chess-Playing Record Set in India
Friday, Dec. 24, about 20,500 people gathered in Ahmadabad, a city in Western India, to break the record for playing simultaneously. The record was certified by the Guinness Book of World Records.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Agni bunked, but back yaar

1) "Chennai Open, India's only ATP event, begins today going from strength to strength."

Or so claim the newspippies. Arre, if I tell you what a chidiya told me. Organization shoorganization, woh maha confusion eh yaar. Pandhrah saal ke baad, yeh still 250-point ATP event hai, BSE ke style main paanch sou paanch sou boltha hoon, but never happens yaar. Like hamraa Rajnikanth bhaiya politics entry karne ke liye, wait karoongi na, very similar. Plus, cash bahut shortage hai. Pichle saal, Paes babu ke liye appearance money nahi pay kar diya. Par gora saalon ko bahut liya. Paes babu bahut pained maara and Brisbane jaaya. In fact, Vijay Armitage ke liye twice the champion ke prize money diya. Kyonki, Armitage babu channaai open ke liye face hoon boltha thaa. Mera priya channaai vaasiyon rotfl kar dhoongi. Kya bakwaas face gees, high fees, noone knows yaar.

Ek precedent hai, iski. 2008 Bangalore Open mein Sania bhabhi ke liye bhi nahi diya, magar gori ke liye bahut diya. Kya hua uske baad. Bangalore Open flat hogi, 2008 ke baad no Open shopen. I believe doh saal later, we will have same issues here too yaar. Ek or open secret hai yaar. Hamraa Home Mantriji ka beta very much the in-thing yaar. Betaji is the grease yaar ;), else hum ne CMji ke liye bahut pay karne chaahiye. In fact, betaji or CM ki putri bahut close hai, thamil gimil mein ab ek or poem spin karein. In fact, if one of Superstar's two betis join sholitics, Yogi Berra boltha hai naa, de javu all over again for us. Anyway, hamraa newspippies "Pesh" Express is back tho scream karenge. Hamre chidiya ne eye-poppingly ran off with, "Dont know much about the Express thingie. 36-37 ke baad Express nahi yaar, woh duck press hai."

Anyway, sad that punk will be reverse-tracking the Pesh Express. I know you wont get what that coded statement is supposed to mean, so I will close one of my eyes and say, reverse tracking, ah hah.

2) In the meanwhile, if anyone is seriously following Bob Houghton's team, keep your hearts in your pokkit and ignore the news. It is that stressful and god bless the team when it gets to the Asian Cup, I mean whichever team gets there that is :). Some regime change is in order everywhere, lets see if there is a buh-bye session planned.

3) Hickey gickey was fun yaar, Gill saab ne ek mega event players ke benefit ke liye plan kar diya. Like a new version of premier hickey league yaar. Batra saab ne initially accept kari, then came the shocker yaar. I mean shocker to those who dont know Batra saab, like all those reading this. Batra threw a big tantrum yaar, hum hickey India hain. Koi or money giney bringing, we no accept, bolthi. There goes yaar, hamraa hickey, hamraa bandhan. You know what that means.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Suronjoy Singh is in the IN also fwiw Dingko Singh has taken to coaching now (still serving in the IN). IN's boxing team trains out of INS Hamla.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

subrata paul pulling off a superman act to keep australia at 2-0.
Vasu
BRFite

Post by Vasu »

Subrata Paul's been a really good goalie for a while now, and I was really hoping he'd get a break sometime to play in bigger league.

India dropped to 144 in FIFA rankings yesterday, which is absolutely ridiculous. I believe Australia is the highest ranked Asia/Pacific team, and above rank 30, so I guess it was a good thing it was only 4-0! or maybe the Australians just stopped trying too hard to avoid embarrassing us.

PS -1: India play Bahrain tomorrow.
PS: India plays South Korea on Jan 18, that'll be big 8)

I always thought the average distance a player covered in a top level football match was indeed 10-12 km, with some players covering much more than that, so was really surprised to read this snippet from Bob Houghton: "“I saw the video (of first match) and the players ran about 10 to 11 km, which is about thrice the distance the players run in an I-League match. ", thus leading to the injuries of our players who need to train even harder to keep up to international standards of fitness.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the brazilian girl who got the intl footballer of the year award (women) had bigger muscles and a much meaner look than lionel messi (or xavi or iniesta) ! :((

it is said spain won WC2010 because their opponents could not find the one thing needed to win the match - the ball :eek: :rotfl:
Ameet
BRFite

Post by Ameet »

India trainers get Cuban exposure

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-tra ... 52732.aspx

A delegation of 55 Indian coaches from various disciplines is on a trip to Cuba to explore ways of enhancing performance of Indian sportsmen as Indian boxers trained by a Cuban coach did well in recent international events. Coach Blas Iglesias Fernandez, who has been with the Indian pugilists
since the early 90s, has played a crucial role in their success at the recent Commonwealth Games and the Asian Games.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Today unk is scratching his head for he read some bakwaas in the name of psy-ops. A paen to a moron who could nt recognize Gopichand or Guru Satpal. I thought it was the G synd-heh-raam, but then this guy has no alzheimers, for both Gandhi and his own naam Gill start with G ;)
http://stick2hockey.com/ViewArticle.asp ... leOID=7443