Indian Sports and Entertainment Industry

The Technology & Economic Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to Technological and Economic developments in India. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
saip
BRF Oldie

Re: Indian Sports and Entertainment Industry

Post by saip »

BD 9/0. NZ qualifies for Semis. Pakis are out. All India's fault.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

The pitches in this WC are rubbish. Winning the toss is as good as winning the game.
RajeevK
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RajeevK »

Winning toss and batting first is like winning the match. Of the last 20 matches in the world cup, teams batting first have won 16 matches. in the four wins batting second, the highest run chased was just 245
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Yay Pakis win.. TV sets are safe in La-whore
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

IndraD wrote:this pitch also seems to be equally rubbish and square boundary is still 56 meters though I cld be wrong
58 I think though I read ICC mandates the minimum square boundary on one side should be at least 59 meters.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

https://twitter.com/freejagtar/status/1 ... 13089?s=21
Pakistan Zindabad Khalistan Zindabad slogan raised outside Lord’s stadium
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

https://pulse-static-files.s3.amazonaws ... s-2018.pdf
19.1.3 The aim shall be to maximize the size of the playing area at each
venue. With respect to the size of the boundaries, no boundary
shall be longer than 90 yards (82.29 meters), and no boundary
should be shorter than 65 yards (59.43 metres) from the centre
of the pitch to be used.
But stadiums built before 2007 seem to be exempt from this restriction.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

India on verge of winning against SL with comfortable margin , both Ro Sharma & Rahul score century
Sharma ji ka ladka is first to score 5 centuries in a WC
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Sensational match on between SA vs Aus
SA gave robust target of 325
Aus succumbing to pressure chase
loses out Arun Pench quickly
How chances for India change in SF contest if Aus lose? Or slow to achieve target?
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

If Aus lose then India play NZ at Old Trafford . Pretty sure the Indian team would prefer that. Kohli has been clear he doesn’t like the Edgbaston pitches, where the winner of the toss effectively guarantees a win because the pitch is hard to bat on after about 30 overs.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

what if Aus wins just about!
So far Aus down 3 wickets ..well only 2 but Khwaja is out to hamstring injury
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

Oz is at 14, we ended at 15, if they win they end at 16, pretty straightforward, no arithmetic leaps necessary
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

At this point, we just have to hope that Aus loses so we get to play NZ which is the easiest way to the final.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

SA is showing why it is at number 8 in the table.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

OK. We top.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Wow! MouthOffrikans tried very hard to choke. When I turned off the TV it was like 136 for 5 or so with only 22 overs left - RRR >8.5. HOW did they manage to allow the 'Roos to get within a 6+4 with 2 balls left (incl the one that got the last wicket)? Some fight by lower order. I hope this does not become the decider in the final.

Good to see that desh brought in The King Jadeja for the crucial part of the tournament. Hardik also seems to have cranked up the speed of his run-up to a new level. He has the height, muscle and the lean fitness to be as scary as the Windies pacers of old, if he also learns the accuracy of Wasim Akram (minus the bottle-cap skills if any, thnx). Overall I thought it was poor form by Kohli to hog the batting against SL instead of giving some of the lower order some practice.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Who should we blame for Pakistan’s exit from World Cup?
The question of why Pakistan was unable to make it to the semi-finals of the ongoing 50-over World Cup, even after being level on points with the four-placed New Zealand, has opened up a new debate, and the cricket fans from the country are not in favour of the formula of the net run-rate.
Cheers Image
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

..doesn't this mean that the 89-run whacking courtesy of Kuffar DeeEllEss was the main culprit, hain?
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

UlanBatori wrote:..doesn't this mean that the 89-run whacking courtesy of Kuffar DeeEllEss was the main culprit, hain?
UlanBatori Ji :

Here is the reason in De Tail :

'Days following defeat to India were very tough for team' : Sarfaraz speaks after return from World Cup

Cheers Image
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

"I must say that I'd just like to credit the captain, Sarfaraz. What he was exposed to after the Indian game was atrocious as a Pakistan cricket captain, as any captain of any cricket team," he said.

Did Shrilleen and Hasina AtimBum send selfies or what? :eek:
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Hardik Pandya has this whole Vinod Kambli "I am a West Indian" thing going on. I hope he doesn't throw away his career like Kambli did.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Interesting perspective. I always wondered what happened to Kambli. Did he try to become Rohan Kanhai II?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

its a media myth that WI greats of old were freewheeling bucaneers - even normal WI people are not like the media projects no more than regular mexicans are into cartels and hard partying. kamala harris father has smacked her for projecting weed smoking as a normal thing in jamaica.

none can last long as a fast bowler with a hard party lifestyle - holding, garner, roberts, bishop, marshall, walsh, ambrose all would have to be rather monkish and disciplined to do what they did. walsh in particular had a butter smooth runup and a very long career. all had their pet moves, accuracy and variations to which garner and ambrose added steep bounce.

the only other countries to have procuded two genuinely dangerous bowlers operating as a pair where TSP and Aus. WI just MKI'ed it and made it 4 :D
the prospect of facing ambrose and marshall for a couple of days in a test could play on a mans mind.

on top of all the swagger, physique and nigga pride to hit the goras hard (esp terrorising eng and aus), they had a great leader in Llyod and some hard hitting front end in haynes, greenidge and richards.

stds of fast bowling has fallen a lot in those days. shane bond was cut short by injury. mcgrath was more like metronome than interesting. only dale steyn achieved those heights and now Bumrah is looking good if he can avoid injury from too many T20 and ODI. his average / wkt is around 22 which is top notch.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Fast bowling isn't easy. As Shoaib Akhtar said, "One needs to have the will and discipline to go out everyday and bowl fast while the body is rebelling".
I don't know why Vindo Kambli is hauled over coals for his lifestyle. Bottom line is that his weaknesses were exploited by bowlers in his 2nd year and he could never cover them up like so many others who have fallen along the way. He was no Sachin and his technique was always doubtful against rising balls and the ones moving away from him. On top he got badly injured on his return almost breaking his ankle during a match and with the arrival of Dravid, Ganguly and Laxman who had already started pitching their tents, his story ended.

Fast bowling requires some response from the wicket as well a partner in crime from the other end. Windies too had the spell of fast bowlers for 3 decades till it petered out. The last great ones were Ambrose, Bishop and Walsh bowling together for a short duration.
Aussies and Pakis always had fast bowlers in the kitty even on the worst days.

India never had the luxury except for initial few years of Srinath.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Singha wrote:
none can last long as a fast bowler with a hard party lifestyle - holding, garner, roberts, bishop, marshall, walsh, ambrose all would have to be rather monkish and disciplined to do what they did.
Which might just explain how this incredibly menacing bowler failed to fulfil his potential in becoming an all-time great..

hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

People have already concluded that India will win the semi final against NZ just like they concluded that India would win the league match against England but...

India will lose onleeee :(( :(( :((
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Patrick seems to be a intelligent and dharmic man.
Luck and mind do play its part over the long haul. He was very fast, maybe faster than holding in his prime but lacked the lethal control of the other WI legends i felt when i watched him play india in 1980s
Vivek Kumar
BRFite

Post by Vivek Kumar »

Original article about Patrick Patterson by Bharat Sundaresan. Has some telling revelations about the convicts.
http://indianexpress.com/article/sports ... d-4762590/
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

Vivek Kumar wrote:Original article about Patrick Patterson by Bharat Sundaresan. Has some telling revelations about the convicts.
http://indianexpress.com/article/sports ... d-4762590/
That was a great article. This is what great journalism is all about. Tenacious, diligent and what not in pursuit of a great story. Thanks for sharing the link.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

India not taking wickets in the middle overs. With so many wickets and pitch not playing true, any late charge by NZ will prove costly for India.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

18 runs off Chahal's 10th over. Give me a break!!
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

chahal also conceded lot of runs vs england. unlike kumble he lacks control for ODI matches.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

It's best to have battery of fast bowlers like England. With increased fitness, strength, improved bats, even thick edges are flying over the ropes. With IPL and foreign coaches saqlin, mushtaq ahmed etc, batsmen do find a way around spin. Spin has its role in tests, but not sure of its usage in limited overs. The English batsmen who used to struggle against warne smashed both our spinners all over.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

India gave 20 runs too many. Small mistakes will cost us this match. The chahal over, byes by Dhoni, 3 or 4 over throws and a couple of misfieldings.
Dhoni barely collected a ball cleanly all innings.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

5/3. I had such a bad feeling, I stopped watching after Rohit's wicket.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Hit out or get out. No use if you make 160 or get all out for 100.
RajeevK
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RajeevK »

A lot of people were clamoring for Pant. He was given an opportunity to be a hero but the way he go out was a disappointment.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

meantime we are 6 own for less than 100 - humse ho nahi payega. my prediction came true- all it took was one top order collapse to expose us a nook nood

the ground is like my old school grounds in guwahati after a good monsoon rain. the ball slows to a crawl and does not bounce off the grass. good for mud football
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

anyway ENG/AUS will steamroll NZ and that will end their story. they deserve to win for using the conditions well - infact it resembles their cold windy conditions.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Now we should try the younger lot Shaw, Gill, Nagarkoti, etc.