Indian Sports and Entertainment Industry

The Technology & Economic Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to Technological and Economic developments in India. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
tandav
BRFite

Re: Indian Sports and Entertainment Industry

Post by tandav »

Manish_P wrote:Commonwealth Games 2022: Shooting and archery events to be held in India
India will host the archery and shooting events at the 2022 Commonwealth Games, six months before the main event in Birmingham.

The proposal was put forward by India, who threatened to boycott Birmingham 2022 after shooting was excluded.

Both events will take place in Chandigarh in January 2022, with the main Games from 27 July to 7 August.

The move to India was approved by the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) executive board.
Would have better to simply move out of commonwealth games... not happy with even this decision... they should moved the entire games to Chandigarh instead of keeping it in Birmingham...
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

We can threaten to move out of the commonwealth :twisted:
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

I like this decision because it demonstrates our ability to compel others to give us what we value , on our terms .

Yes I agree that our very presence in the Commonwealth (which clearly involves nothing more meaningful than showing up at CWG, considering we don’t even respect CHOGM anymore) is pointless .

But that’s different . Leaving is an act where one chooses not to be involved at all. It leaves open the chance for others to say we were unwilling to engage - which is true . Now the situation is that we compelled them to do something unprecedented in multi-sport history, for our sake .

It must be remembered that many countries (Bdesh, Malaysia etc) protested shooting being dropped, but UK can easily dismiss them. This was India vs the old empire , and India succeeded in twisting their arms enough .

This act, more than leaving, demonstrates power and intent . Walking away is the easy thing to do. Making them do our bidding demonstrates what India can accomplish . Others need to see what we can do. Fundamentally, the ability to compel another to do your bidding is a far more visible demonstration of power than walking away. Anyone can walk away. No one else within C'wealth can force this latest move.

Anyone can pick up and leave. No other commonwealth country has the power to armtwist Britain by force this way. Not even Australia, who may be great at the sports but not at demonstrating geopolitical power.

We all know the ‘no facilities near venue’ is a joke . Birmingham was has many shooting ranges and Bisley is 150 km away only.

Ideally we will hold this, win most medals, then announce after CWG2022 that we are out of the Commonwealth .
tandav
BRFite

Post by tandav »

Better to host the shooting competition and move out of CWG2020 (itself) citing Corona virus and inability of UK to protect tourist from fanatics as demonstrated by London embassy attack post 370 removal.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Indian women cricket team in T20 world cup final against Australia. Go India!!!
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Total 72 have qualified for the Olympics now!
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Khelo India winter games in Gulmarg!

SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra will have to wait another year before chasing India's first Olympic track and field medal in Tokyo but the delay may turn out to be a blessing in disguise, the 22-year-old said.
The Commonwealth and Asian Games champion, seen as one of India's best medal prospects at the Games, spent the whole of 2019 recovering from an elbow operation on his throwing arm.

He only qualified for the Tokyo Olympics in January with a throw of 87.86 meters at a low-key meet in South Africa -- his first competitive outing since September 2018.

But with the Tokyo Games put back by a year due to the coronavirus pandemic, Chopra will have more time to get himself into peak form.

"I was probably not 100% fit after the surgery I had," he said from the National Institute of Sports in Patiala, where he is in quarantine after returning from a training camp in Turkey.

"So the goal will be to be even better prepared than I was for this year's Games.

"I had found very little time to work on my technique as I was concentrating more on rehab. I didn't have much time to work on my throws as I started very late. Now I will try to solve the problems that I have noticed."

Chopra, who had to rush home from Turkey after India started banning flights from Europe to contain the spread of the coronavirus two weeks ago, was not surprised when the Games were put back to July and August of 2021.

"Even before the decision was announced, it had occurred to me that because of the prevailing situation it is quite likely that the Olympics will get postponed," he said.

"But it's not too much of a problem because with the way things are in the world today it was necessary to postpone the Games. There was no point in carrying on with the Games or athletes going to participate in this situation."

Chopra became only the third man from India to win an athletics gold at the Commonwealth Games when he took title in April 2018 with a throw of 86.47.

After throwing 87.43 at the Doha Diamond League meeting the following month he claimed a personal best at the Asian Games in Jakarta soon afterwards, his gold medal winning throw of 88.06 also the IAAF's sixth longest of the year.

Hailing from the state of Haryana, which is better known for producing wrestlers and kabaddi players, Chopra studied videos of Jan Zelezny after deciding to pick up a javelin.

Zelezny's throw of 98.48 in 1996 still stands as the world record and Chopra says he modelled his own throwing style and technique on the Czech's.

"I have heard that javelin athletes peak after 24-25 years of age," he said.

"Even when Jan Zelezny did the world record he was about 28-29. So this one year may prove to be more fruitful for me."

While India is credited with Norman Pritchard's sprint and hurdles silver medals from the 1900 Olympics before it gained independence from Britain, the world's second-most populous nation considers itself never to have won an athletics medal at the Games.

"If people have hopes of a medal from me, that is not really so much pressure," Chopra said.

"It is a good thing for an athlete that people have these expectations and they think he can do well and make history.

"That is fine, my job is to try live up to those expectations."
BajKhedawal
BRFite

Post by BajKhedawal »

Saw "Special Ops" staring Kay Kay Menon on Hotstar, very well made by Niraj Pandey awesome kickass series. I give it 5 stars.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

BajKhedawal wrote:Saw "Special Ops" staring Kay Kay Menon on Hotstar, very well made by Niraj Pandey awesome kickass series. I give it 5 stars.
Family Man & Bard of Blood are another two names comes into my mind which you may give a try.
morem
BRFite

Post by morem »

Family man is bull sh*t. Portrays security forces in bad light.
BajKhedawal
BRFite

Post by BajKhedawal »

morem wrote:Family man is bull sh*t. Portrays security forces in bad light.
True that, I stopped watching it after I could not bear it any longer at season 1 episod 5 incidentally thats when dimmhi bitch gul panag is introduced in the series.

Someone recommended "Asur" staring Arshad Warsi
sajo
BRFite

Post by sajo »

Special Ops need'nt have shown all the equal equal between you know whom.The director it seemed was almost trying to be politically correct bhaiwood style while trying to create a show about Islamic Terrorism.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

New movie of Amitabh Bachchan and Ayushman Khurana named Gulabo Sitabo will be released on Amazon Prime on June 12th.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/balbir-singh ... 31448.html
Balbir Singh: India mourns loss of hockey legend and independence her
The 1948 Olympics were held in a London still emerging from the chaos of World War Two and were known as the Austerity Games.Food was still subject to rationing and members of the British team supplemented their meagre diets with whale meat.Athletes, who were housed in RAF camps and school halls, were told to bring their own towels and medals were handed over without ribbons to save money.The Indian men's hockey team met hosts Great Britain in the final and beat them 4-0 with centre-forward Singh - then aged 23 - scoring twice in the first half.In a 2014 interview, Singh recalled the charged atmosphere in a packed Wembley Stadium and seeing Queen Elizabeth - mother of Britain's current monarch - who had been the last Empress of India until independence a year before.He said British supporters shouted "well played Balbir" after the Indians clinched gold."It's impossible to explain the feeling of joy and happiness," he said. "You have to experience it. I was so happy. I was on top of the world. The memory of my first Olympic Games in 1948 is still fresh in my mind."In another interview he told The Times of India how it had felt to see the Tiranga - the tricolour flag of the newly independent India - being raised in the medal ceremony."The Tiranga rose up slowly. With our national anthem being played, my freedom-fighter father's words 'Our Flag, Our Country' came flooding back. I finally understood what he meant. I felt I was rising off the ground alongside the fluttering Tiranga," he said.The victorious Indian team received a rapturous welcome on its return home. In his autobiography, The Golden Hat-Trick - My Hockey Days, Singh recounted how huge crowds met them in Mumbai (then Bombay) where many of the players were from."We were swept off our feet and it was here that I realised what the victory meant to our nation, starved as it was of world class accomplishments. Hockey was the only sport that gave the country a ray of golden hope, something to cheer for and celebrate."
The Indian team successfully defended its title in the following two Games in Helsinki and Melbourne.In the 1952 final, Singh scored five goals in India's 6-1 victory over the Netherlands - a record that still stands. At the 1956 Games he captained his team when they scored 38 goals in five matches and conceded none. They took gold in a close 1-0 victory over Pakistan.Singh added silver medals to his collection at the Asian Games of 1958 and 1962, before beginning a successful career as a coach.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was among those who paid tribute.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

old classic

darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Dhoni shares letter he received from PM Modi after announcement of retirement
https://www.deshgujarat.com/2020/08/20/ ... etirement/
Vamsee
BRFite

Post by Vamsee »

India and Russia are declared joint winners of Chess Olympiad. First time Gold medal for India
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Interesting course of events indeed. A loss of internet connectivity leading to confusion and chaos. Congrats for the first time victory in the Chess Olympiad. Took way too long to accomplish it, but it's good they have done so.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

Jehan Daruvala creates history, becomes first Indian to win F2 race.

Promising Indian driver Jehan Daruvala created history when he became the first Indian to win a Formula 2 race during the Sakhir Grand Prix on Sunday.

A thrilling battle against F2 champion Mick Schumacher and Daniel Ticktum saw the 22-year-old Indian emerge on top in the support race of
the season-ending Formula 1 Grand Prix.

Jehan, driving for Rayo Racing, had a good launch from second on the grid and was up alongside pole sitter Daniel Ticktum.Ticktum squeezed Jehan on the inside which allowed Schumacher to go around the outside of both of them.Eventually, Ticktum emerged in the lead, followed by Schumacher and Jehan in third. A few corners later, Jehan made a good move to pass Schumacher and get into second position.A few laps later, Schumacher passed Jehan, to relegate him to third.Jehan, however, did not give up. A thrilling battle ensued and eventually the Indian got past Schumacher once again, to reclaimhis second spot Jehan then reeled off a series of quick laps to catch the race leader. However, he was unable to overtake.

The battle for the lead intensified as Ticktum seemed desperate to win the last race of the season.Jehan, however, kept his cool and maintained the pressure. His excellent race craft forced the race leader to start making mistakes, but Jehan found it tough to get past Ticktum. Eventually with less than 10 laps to go, Jehan made another fantastic move to get past Ticktum and grab the lead.Thereafter, Jehan drove well to slowly start opening up a gap and finally took the chequered flag to win his maiden FIA Formula.

His Japanese teammate Yuki Tsunoda was second, over 3.5 seconds behind Jehan, while Ticktum was third.

"Motorsport is pretty big in India. We obviously have a lot of people, so I have a big fan base back home, and my goal at the end of the day is to make myself and my country proud.

"(I have) to prove to people from back home that even though we don't have the same facilities and stuff that guys have in Europe, as long as you can work hard you can fight right at the sharp end of the grid," Jehan said
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spo ... 811457.cms
Is it time for a total revamp of the leadership :
1. Ravi 'Loudmouth' Shastri should be removed as coach ASAP
2. Kohli though a good batsman has been an uninspiring leader in 'times of crisis' though not same as test cricket his IPL record is abysmal (reaching play-offs or finals doesn't count when you look at crunch matches lost)
3. Both coach and the captain back wrong horses but on pointing out wont accept responsibility
4, together responsible for lots of uncertainty amongst the players on their future/roles in the team
5. And now that their so-called 'Talismanic' player ( No Hit-overseas Sharma) is joining lets see what he will provide.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

That was a pretty freakish performance . I don’t think anyone could have anticipated that .
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

The ball was seaming but an international team to bundle up for 32 runs is unacceptable ! There is so much talent on the sidelines, Shastri needs to go and Kohli needs to take a break from test cricket. The greatness about the Windies between 1965-1985 and the Aussies between 1990-2015 was their consistency. They could play anywhere against anyone in the world and win, so far this sort of predictability and consistency has alluded us. BCCI has done a great disservice by not preparing seaming wickets in India at the Ranji level.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Come on, every team has a brain fart performance once in a while. This was totally uncharacteristic from a team that was otherwise dominating the test. One cannot plan for mitigating black swan events. It's not like the TSP or Inglistani team who have regular collapses.

You just move on and try not to be freaked out by it. Sometimes in a very short time everything that could go wrong, goes wrong. So far on tour, the team has done well enough except for a single session of the test.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Nice win in Melbourne! Barring that freak 1 hour in Adelaide, India have consistently been very strong with the ball and bat. Australia have totalled 191, 195 and 200 in completed innings. They had no half centurion in this match, something last seen in a home match in the 1980s against the then mighty Windies.

The Indian team deserve special regard for the fact that they have lived in their biosecurity bubble continuously since August. Even something as simple as going down to the hotel front desk could cause a renewed quarantine. However they have performed amazingly well given the mental strain of this, the loss of Kohli, Shami, Ishant, and midway through the match, Umesh as well.

Elsewhere, Indian hockey team finished the year ranked #4, their highest in decades, and the women at #9, also their highest ever in addition to being the top Asian team ahead of China, Korea and Japan:
https://www.fih.ch/rankings/outdoor/
1 BELGIUM
2 AUSTRALIA
3 NETHERLANDS
4 INDIA
5 ARGENTINA
6 GERMANY
7 ENGLAND
8 NEW ZEALAND
9 SPAIN
10 CANADA
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Women’s hockey team to tour Argentina in Jan

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/sport ... jan-191772

New Delhi, December 30

Indian hockey will hit the restart button and begin the Olympics preparations when the women’s team travels to Argentina next week for its first tour in nearly a year after Covid-19 abruptly halted all competitions.

A core group of 25 players and seven support staff will leave from New Delhi on January 3. India will compete in eight matches against Argentina, starting from January 17. The team’s last international tour was in January when it travelled to New Zealand for a five-match series also involving Great Britain. “I am happy that after one year we are able to play international matches. This tour will give us information for the next step to be made in our preparations for the Olympic Games,” said chief coach Sjoerd Marijne.

The Indian contingent will undergo Covid-19 tests 72 hours prior to their departure. There is no requirement of quarantine upon arrival in Argentina. — PTI
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

I am starting to strongly dislike India men's cricket team after Kohli's bakwaas on celebrating crackerless Diwali. Also Kareena Khan looking forward to Kohli child so Taimur has play buddy. The rot is deep. Kohli and Shastri need to be kicked out.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

At minimum, look for a different captain at least for tests. Kohli is great as a batsman, but as captain, meh... middling at best. As for Shastri, time to kick him out. After the world cup debacle, we have plumbed a new low under his coaching - 36 all out calls for a head or two. Basically, one gets the feeling that Kohli and Shastri are simply coasting along using the foundation built by Ganguly and Dhoni and not doing anything more. We are still no Australia, the recent win notwithstanding.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

What is going on between Kohli and Rohit Sharma? Why did they fight? what is the issue?
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

I don't really given any importance to the 36 all out. It's a freak result. We have no history of falling apart like that regularly. We won most other sessions in that test, and under normal course we would be 2-0 up instead of 1-1. In my view, that one hour does not need any change other than completely forgetting it. One needs to listen to Gavaskar talking about how the Indian team basically fell apart when they were dismissed for a similar score in the 1970s - they got demolished that tour. Not this team. I care less about freak hits than how well a team showed resiliency to recover.

Kohli is a developing captain as far as his on field capabilities go. But people are ignoring his impact on the team. To win in Aus and SA, you need fit strong pacers who can hit the deck all day for 3-5 tests without falling apart. The main reason we win now is that we have a collection of strong pacers who all faced Kohli's very high fitness requirement standards. His terms define who gets in the team and who doesn't. Talented people with no work ethic won't get in. Yes Rahane did a great job... with a team created by Kohli's demanding requirements.

I believe the tiff between Rohit and Kohli is related to fitness. Rohit gets a pass because he's such an ODI monster. However he's still very lax about fitness, something I'm sure makes life difficult with Kohli. Bumrah works very hard. Saini too. These youngsters are ripped and strong - nothing like Srinath and Prasad, who were great bowlers but not the kind of chiseled strong guys the current lot are.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

arshyam wrote:At minimum, look for a different captain at least for tests. Kohli is great as a batsman, but as captain, meh... middling at best. As for Shastri, time to kick him out. After the world cup debacle, we have plumbed a new low under his coaching - 36 all out calls for a head or two. Basically, one gets the feeling that Kohli and Shastri are simply coasting along using the foundation built by Ganguly and Dhoni and not doing anything more. We are still no Australia, the recent win notwithstanding.
Why so much reverence to Australia saar? This isn't the old Aus team. After their cheating ways were outed along with their unsportsmanlike tactics were frowned upon, they are a mediocre team at best with a lot of racist tendencies.
India is much better team.

If there is a team that needs an a$$ kicking more than Pakistan, it is Australia.
AkshaySG
BRFite

Post by AkshaySG »

arshyam wrote:At minimum, look for a different captain at least for tests. Kohli is great as a batsman, but as captain, meh... middling at best. As for Shastri, time to kick him out. After the world cup debacle, we have plumbed a new low under his coaching - 36 all out calls for a head or two. Basically, one gets the feeling that Kohli and Shastri are simply coasting along using the foundation built by Ganguly and Dhoni and not doing anything more. We are still no Australia, the recent win notwithstanding.
India was the number 1 ranked team for the past 4 years and went through its most successful period in its test cricketing history.. Would be crazy to sack a captain after that just because you don't like his behavior... Newsflash Ponting wasn't a nice guy either.,Neither was Waugh, Border or any of the hard nosed, shit talking Aussies who Indians used to look up to in awe

The "foundation" of Ganguly, Dhoni is long gone and retired.. Dead and buried after those two whitewashes in England and Aus after which all senior players retired...It was gone in 2014 itself when Kohli decided to go for the win in Adelaide instead of coasting it out

Almost everyone in this team who spent the past 4 years at Number 1 debuted after 2013... This is not Ganguly or Dhoni's team by any metric

Its Kohli who likes captaining fast bowlers who came up with the plan to use quicks in Indian conditions more, He utilized Ishant, Shami, Bumrah to attack with the older ball and made them into more confident, more attacking bowlers.

Earlier captains used to rely on their two spinners in India and then throw their quicks head on in SENA and be surprised when they had zero experience or confidence in themselves.

Go look at Ishant's stats in his first 50 tests under MSD vs his next 50 under VK and you'll see the difference

Its Kohli who introduced the fitness freak culture that has led to a dramatic improvement in Indian players fitness and ground ability.. We along with Pakistan were the worst fielders even 15 years ago bar one or two Kaif/Yuvis... Now we're among the best.

Dhoni was and will remain one of the greatest captains in shorter format but he was a bang average test captain and more so away from home... Kohli lacks his tactical nous for shorter games but is a much much better captain.

If the performance in this past 4-5 years is enough to kick him out then every captain in Test cricket should be sacked... Because no team has won more, No team has given tougher challenges on away tours and no team is remotely as dominant as home.

Shastri I don't really care about.. Remove him, let him stay.. Makes for little difference, Captains are king in cricket and that will always be the way, At least he's interesting unlike Duncan Fletcher who spent years basically having no sound bites, ideas or personality
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Well said AkshaySG
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Among other things....
Kohli doesn't care for personal mile stones
He is not afraid to lose
His fitness culture is the biggest transformation ever in Indian cricket

Pity he married a witch.

Sometimes his selection choices are big gambles with too little odds.
1. selection of karan sharma instead of Ashwin in Adelaide 2014
2. Dropping Pujara
3. Playing Shaw instead of Gill and Saha instead of Pant in Adelaide 2020
BajKhedawal
BRFite

Post by BajKhedawal »

Here's another Ho' llywood sitara shooting her mouth off, probably took advise from our own bolly Ho' Paudu-koon?
"Saying farewell to 2020, with all my love to #MyPersonalWonderWomen Some are those closest to me - my family, my friends - some are inspiring women I've loved discovering, and some are exceptional women I hope to meet in the future," Gadot wrote in the caption of the post.

The 35-year-old actor also shared the same image of Bilkis on her Instagram Story and wrongly captioned it as, "The 82-year-old activist fighting for women's equality in India showed me it's never too late to fight for what you believe in."
I though being a yahood she would know better! but bimbo's will be bimbos.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

https://www.rediff.com/sports/report/ho ... 210104.htm

Hopeful of India winning 5-6 medals in Tokyo: Bindra

India's only individual Olympic gold medallist Abhinav Bindra is hopeful of the country recording its best-ever medal haul in the upcoming edition of the mega-event in Tokyo, saying each of the athlete can be counted as a "realistic" prospect.

India's best showing at the Games remains the six medals it won in London in 2012.

"Tokyo Olympics could end up with our best ever medal haul even though the times are challenging due to the COVID-19 pandemic," Bindra said on Monday during a webinar organised by Merchants' Chambers of Commerce & Industry.

"Sport is not scripted but I do hope that we come back with our best medal haul and that means we will come back with 5-6 medals and better the London haul, which, if I am not wrong, remains our best."

Bindra, who created history by winning the country's first and only individual Olympic gold medal at the 2008 Beijing Games, is optimistic about a strong performance by the Indian shooting contingent in the Japanese capital.

"I think each one of them has the ability to do their best, they have proved themselves in the last two-three years.

"There are definite medal hopes not just in shooting but across other disciplines as well. We have many people who can be considered as realistic medal hopes going into Tokyo. But a lot also depends on that particular day," he said.

The former world champion in 10m air rifle, who turned entrepreneur after the Rio Olympics in 2016, said like in sports, adaptability and acceptance also come handy in business.

"Whenever I am in a crisis situation, whenever I find a challenge, I do look back at my sporting career and ask myself how do I face it.

"As an athlete you have to be very adaptable to changing situations, these are very useful in business as well," he said while speaking on his transition from a sportsman to an entrepreneur.

"The other thing that is very important is acceptance. Sometimes we have to learn how to accept and move on. As soon as you do that your mind opens, it opens up to look at solutions rather than whining. The mind is then very positive. But it is easier said than done."

He also said the shooting scene has changed a lot from the time when he had started 22 years ago.

"Shooting is now dominated by youngsters but when I was growing up, I was competing with older and experienced people who were double or triple our age. I don't think it was a challenge but it was an interesting dynamic," he said, responding to a question.

Speaking about the time after his Beijing heroics, when he contemplated giving up shooting, Bindra said meditation helped him regain his focus on the sport.

"Post Beijing I wanted to give up. I went for a meditation retreat, a 10-day Vipasana where I am supposed to meditate for 10 hours a day. That's when I realised that I was still in love with the process.

"Actually, it was the boring and mundane that again brought me back to the sport," the former shooter, who now runs the Abhinav Bindra Targeting Performance Centre (ABTP) said.
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

People tend to have a favorable view of the past things. The indian team under ganguly was all out for 54 when chasinga total of 300 against Srilanka and they had pretty much all the stalwarts (maybe not dhoni yet).

The Indian cricket team has been trying to constantly improve using "process" to fix their shortcomings. Atleast that was what i heard publicly during Dravid's captaincy when they tried to fix the slower scoring mechanism in the middle overs that led to people like kohli coming in who could run and take the singles and two and keep the scoreboard ticking. Pity we seem to have lost our big hitters/hitting ability trying to get this in order.

Dhoni had his reasons for better fielders (wan't that one reason for the tiffs with Sehwag and Laxman being pushed out).

Kohli seem to have taken the fitness to an extreme (which gets him some flak from older generation cricketers turned commentors, case in point Rayudu failed his fitness yo-yo tests and the commentators pointed to the burly afgan wicketkeeper batsman who was stiking the ball pretty well and remarked on air if he would have passed the yo-yo test but is still a good player for his team).

people couldn't wait to get rid of Ganguly towards the end, same thing for Dravid, Dhoni. its just now that we look at their era with far more favorable lens. Dhoni was also hounded till the end that his capataincy was boring/was not getting the right results.

maybe we are entering in the same stage for Kohli.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Spectacular performance from the Indian team battling to a hardfought draw in Sydney despite injuries and the repeated racist crowd abuse.