Indian Sports and Entertainment Industry

The Technology & Economic Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to Technological and Economic developments in India. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Re: Indian Sports and Entertainment Industry

Post by Suraj »

FIH Pro League Hockey India up to third place now without really doing anything after Germany did poorly against GBR recently. India was to play GBR but it was postponed due to the Covid 2nd wave.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Asian boxing championship watch live here

IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Happy B Day Ilayaraja sir !!
Maria
BRFite

Post by Maria »

I am not sure why, but trying to play the above video shows this message 'This video contains content from ETPL, who has blocked it from display on this website or application.' I have no idea what ETPL is.
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

IndraD wrote:

Happy B Day Ilayaraja sir !!
Great video IndraD. I had heard this song many times but never in this version with extended improvisation of swaras at the end. quite the performance. This is not there in the original (certainly not in the movie).... .
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

Vijay Prakash is an excellent singer. Such a great voice.
Maria
BRFite

Post by Maria »

Awesome cinematography as well with the picturizations. The only word I recognized is Naeram (water?).
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Today Milkha Singh passed away from complications from COVID19, five days after his wife Ms Nirmal Kaur passed away. RIP.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

The most brilliant move by Vishy Anand was to resign this game and get this billionaire cheater caught. And the way Nikhil Kamath behaved after the event makes it shameful to even have his name and Anand's in the same sentence.

Click on the video despite the message on the opening page.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Srihari Nataraj earns ‘A’ qualification mark for Tokyo Olympics

No Indian had ever achieved the automatic qualification — the ‘A’ cut — for swimming in Olympics. Now, one day after Sajan Prakash became the first Indian swimmer to achieve the feat, Srihari Nataraj on Sunday became the second Indian to achieve the mark.

Nataraj, who finished an agonizing 0.05 seconds short of the ‘A’ mark two days earlier, got to the mark with a 53.77-second finish in a 100m backstroke time trial at the Settecolli Swim Meet in Italy.

India are now confirmed to have Sajan Prakash and Srihari Nataraj competing in the Tokyo Games. This is the first time two Indian swimmers have earned direct qualification into the Olympics.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Tokyo Olympics 2020: Sajan Prakash becomes first-ever Indian to breach qualification mark for Games

Sajan Prakash on Saturday became the first-ever Indian swimmer to qualify for the Olympic Games by breaching the ''A'' standard time, clocking 1:56:38 seconds in the men's 200m butterfly event at the Sette Colli Trophy in Rome, Italy.

The Games ''A'' standard was set at 1:56.48 seconds and the 27-year-old Prakash completed the run 0.10 seconds faster at the FINA-accredited Olympic qualifier.

"I have worked very hard for this, and I was confident with the way I had trained," Prakash was quoted as saying in a press release.

"This was my last chance, and I knew I had to do it here. I had come so close to the qualifying mark in the previous meets, but my Coach Pradeep Sir and I planned my tapering in such a way that I would peak at these two events in Serbia and Rome."

"I am grateful to all the support I have received from SFI, SAI and the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS). I believed in myself and my Coach Pradeep Kumar. Pradeep Sir was the anchor and I owe this to him. I knew I had it in me, and I am glad I achieved it," added Sajan.

Prakash also rewrote his own national record of 1:56.96s that he had set last week at the Belgrade Trophy swimming competition.

This will be Prakash's second successive Olympics, having represented India in the 2016 Rio Games.

"Historic moment in Indian Swimming!!! Sajan Prakash breaks the glass ceiling clocks 1:56.38 an Olympic qualification time. CONGRATULATIONS" tweeted the Swimming Federation of India.

Prakash will take part in the Tokyo Games alongside Maana Patel, who has been nominated by the Swimming Federation of India for the Universality places.

Prakash's direct qualification means Srihari Nataraj, who missed the ''A'' the 100m men's backstroke by 0.05s in Rome on Friday, will not be competing in the Tokyo Games despite being nominated for the Universality places.

The Universality quota allows one male and one female competitor from a country to participate in the Olympics, provided no other swimmer from the same gender qualifies for the Games or receives a FINA invite based on his or her Olympic Selection time (B time).

The Kerala swimmer had always been optimistic about breaching the elusive ''A'' mark.

"This is not my peak yet, when I peak after some skill sharpening, after that, I think it (A mark) will happen. I have to be patient for that," he had told PTI in April after he clocked 1.57.85s in the Uzbekistan Open Championship.

Since then he has constantly improved his time. Last week, in the Belgrade Trophy swimming competition he had clocked 1:56.96 seconds.

It was a good day for Indian swimming as TOPS developmental swimmer Kenisha Gupta also created a national record.

The Mumbai swimmer clocked 57.35 second in the 100m freestyle event at the Rome event.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

For the 2021 Archery World Cup so far, India heads the medal table. The East Asians (Korea, Taiwan, China, Japan) are all missing from the circuit this year so its hard to tell how good our performance is, but it's clearly the best ever for us:
2021 Archery World Cup Medal Table
Deepika Kumari won 3 golds in the latest leg - WS, WT and MxT with her spouse Atanu Das.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Six girls from Gujarat to represent India in Tokyo Olympics and Para Olympics - DeshGujarat
https://www.deshgujarat.com/2021/07/02/ ... pics-2020/
Gandhinagar: Six Girls from Gujarat will represent India in Tokyo Olympics and Para Olympics 2020. Not just this but after a gap of sixty years, Gujarat will be having representation at the Olympics and Paralympics.

It is indeed a historic achievement for Gujarat that for the first time ever, six athletes (all female) from the state have qualified for the Olympic and Paralympic Games to be held in Tokyo from July 23rd.

The last time an athlete from Gujarat had represented India at the Olympics was men’s hockey player Govindrao Sawant at the 1960 Rome Olympics. Before that Shankarrao Thorat had represented India in Wrestling at the 1936 Olympics.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Neeraj Chopra did well in a warmup event in Finland, finishing third behind German frontrunner Johannes Vetter and 2019 world champion Anderson Peters. His javelin throw was nearly 87m. Good competitive performance among the top of the pack. He looks so much skinnier than the top 2 throwers.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

Imagine being sponsored by BYJU'S and failing in a TEST....

INDvsNZ

Maria
BRFite

Post by Maria »

chetak wrote:twitter

Imagine being sponsored by BYJU'S and failing in a TEST....

INDvsNZ

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Vishwanathan Anand finishes second in Croatia Grand Chess Tour

Chennai Tiger hasn't lost his teeth despite crossing 51 years and played superbly against much younger top tier GMs. Alas Gary Kasparov was a lumbering shadow of his former self, only the grumpyness remains in tact.
Viswanathan Anand, who had beaten Garry Kasparov on the first day of the Blitz on Saturday, came up with a superb performance again to defeat the Russian in the 13th round on Sunday.

Former world champion Viswanathan Anand finished second in the Croatia Grand Chess Tour here on Sunday with an impressive performance, accentuated by his two victories over long-time rival Garry Kasparov. Anand, who had beaten Kasparov on the first day of the Blitz on Saturday, came up with a superb performance again to defeat the Russian legend in the 13th round on Sunday. Frenchman Maxime Vachier-Lagrave (22 points) sealed the title with a round to spare, thanks to a victory over a misfiring Kasparov in the 17th round.

Indian ace Anand took a quick draw in his 18th round game against Alexander Grischuk to finish with 21 points and a clear second ahead of the top-seed Ian Nepomniachtchi. In the penultimate round, he drew against Shakriyar Mamedyarov of Azerbaijan. He would receive USD 25,000 as prize money for his second-place finish.

Playing with black pieces, Anand got the better of the legendary Russian in 25 moves in a Nimzo-Indian defence game. The victory came for the Indian maestro after three straight draws in rounds 10, 11 and 12 against Anish Giri (the Netherlands), Jan-Kryzstof Duda (Poland) and Vachier-Lagrave respectively. He followed it up with a superb win over Russian Nepomniachtchi, the top-seed in the 14th round. Continuing the good run, Anand then defeated Anton Korobov (Ukraine) and Jordan Van Foreest (the Netherlands) and shared honours with Shakriyar Mamedyarov (Azerbaijan).

On the first day of the Blitz on Saturday, the Indian ace had recorded four wins, drawn three matches and suffered two defeats. The former world champion had ended up seventh after the Rapid section, with nine points. He had posted two wins and drawn five and lost two matches.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Indian archers did well last weekend at the PARIS 2021 HYUNDAI ARCHERY WORLD CUP STAGE 3:

Men's compound - Abhishek Verma - Gold
Women's recurve - Deepika Kumari - Gold (World N°2 now)
Mixed Team Recurve - Deepika Kumari and Atanu Das - Gold (husband and wife pair!)

The Korean big guns are absent, but a win is still a win. Well done !
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

NAMO interacts with the 126 Athletes going to Tokyo.

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Beds to be installed in Tokyo Olympic Village will be made of cardboard, this is aimed at avoiding intimacy among athletes

Beds will be able to withstand the weight of a single person to avoid situations beyond sports.

I see no problem for distance runners,even 4 of us can do
https://pic.twitter.com/J45wlxgtSo
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

India wins Lord's test by 151 runs.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

viewtopic.php?p=2488143#p2488143
hanumadu wrote:I am excited to see Shardul Thakur play as our overseas pace bowling allrounder. I hope he is not overlooked for Pandya. He is a better, regular bowler than Pandya and might turn out to be a better test batsman than Pandya. He deserves a chance.
He should never have been dropped for the third test though I doubt the result would have been different. We lost the third test when we opted to bat after winning the toss.

Please drop Rahane for the next test.

We now have two good allrounders in Jadeja and Thakur, something most teams struggle to have even one. I guess Jadeja will always play if we are playing at least one spinner and Thakur on overseas tours where conditions are helpful for pace bowling.
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

Awesome outcome. India did not let their tail wag. England had a great start overnight with 77 and no loss of wickets. They could have pulled through for a draw but Kohli and team did not allow it. And engineered a collapse. After the loss in the previous test, this was badly needed. Rain gods supported England in the first test, otherwise the series would have been won by now.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Oh, the nuances and tactics of sports. India used Ravindra Jadeja to bowl into the rough to hold one end up, scruff up the ball so our fast bowlers will be able to extract reverse swing and take wickets. A three in one job. This was told by one of our players, Shardul I think, in the morning itself according to the commentators. And it panned out exactly that way. Superb tactics and superb execution of the tactics. This is the first day in the entire series, that reverse swing has been in display and played a prominent part in the win. Applying knowledge from playing in India to a game in England where they probably did everything they could to stop the ball from reversing (lush outfields, more than usual grass on the pitch and flat wicket).
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

After the loss of the previous test, and 191 all out in the first innings, and a English lead of 100 runs, it looked bad for India. Speaks volumes to the mental toughness that our second innings batting killed their bowlers, and Indian bowlers collpased their batting once the breakthrough came. Hoping that India takes the final test (and then have a series win in Australia and England in the same year).
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Excellent win today! Its especially amazing to see that any youngster getting a chance goes all out and puts in a game changing performance. Siraj in Australia, Shardul here. The confidence and drive is phenomenal.

Pujara slayed some demons and came out fighting well, but Rahane looks like a spent force unable to figure out whats ailing him, much less find solutions like Pujara did. Perhaps his eyesight and coordination are not what they used to be. If he is dropped from the 5th test, that could be the end of his test career. I'd like to see what Suryakumar Yadav can do here, and 5th test is ideal to bring him in.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

I would rather have Ashwin instead of Rahane, has a avg 12 less than Rahane's 39 but more than makes up with his bowling. Also, batting is covered between jadeja, him and thakur.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Hain ji, cricket is being discussed here with the blessings of the Bredators??? Those were the days when BRF had a dedicated cricket thread…. after which some party pooping bredators cruelly shut it down… Looks like happy days are back…

Rahane is a walking wicket and with his age being wrong side of 30 his career in Indian team is effectively over. Jadeja coming in before him to bat speaks volumes about the confidence: his own and his teams in his batting…

Ashwin needs to be in at Old Trafford. The pitch will spin and Ashwin is a handful on day 4 and 5. Problem is who does he replace? If Shami comes back then does he replace Siraj or Umesh?

Ravi Shastri has managed to contact covid somehow inspite of isolation… with his habits, lets hope he recovers soon. One has to admit, team performance has improved under his management. Anyone remember the days when Bedi was the manager? Thankfully those days are long gone…
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Kohli now has 38 test wins as captain, in 4th spot behind Graeme Smith (53) , Ponting (48) and Waugh (41). Should catch up with Waugh sometime this year .

His total record reads 38W, 16L, 11D with 23 wins at home and 15 away. Kohli is 4 away wins behind both Waugh and Ponting in 5th place by this metric. Clive Lloyd and Graeme Smith each have 23 away wins, the most.

Already the best ever Indian test captain by a distance, Kohli is likely to finish his career in the top 3 by both total wins and away wins. With this pace attack he could even dream of topping both.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Tanaji wrote: Ashwin needs to be in at Old Trafford. The pitch will spin and Ashwin is a handful on day 4 and 5. Problem is who does he replace? If Shami comes back then does he replace Siraj or Umesh?
He can replace Rahane :P . Honestly, Thakur, Umesh and even Bumrah look better batsmen than him right now. He is utterly useless. Ashwin definitely cannot be worse along with the added advantage of being the World's best test spinner.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

whatsapp

People have Lost Faith in their ability to fight COVID-19 Pandemic.

The last hope people had in ALCOHOL has Crashed.....

Ravi Shastri has been tested positive
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

i hope we hold onto the series lead. Then for the first time we can say the Ashes is contested between two teams who already lost at home to India.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Suraj wrote:i hope we hold onto the series lead. Then for the first time we can say the Ashes is contested between two teams who already lost at home to India.
Excellent perspective :mrgreen:

Tanaji, I am already saying the same and not as a joke, Ashwin instead of rahane is a whole lot of better bowling resources and not much less batting.
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

If Ashwin plays - he will replace Siraj IMO. He is new and did not bowl that well in 4th test.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Shastri, bowling coach Arun and fielding coatch Sridhar will be in isolation and miss the fifth test. I hope there are others who will put the team through the paces and those in isolation are monitoring the practice and fitness sessions through the phone and coming up with strategies for the fifth test.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Rahul M wrote: Tanaji, I am already saying the same and not as a joke, Ashwin instead of rahane is a whole lot of better bowling resources and not much less batting.
That was me. I wasn't joking either.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Well, and that seems the end of the series and now it should be considered true that the Ashes are going to be fought between two sides who both lost 1-2 at home to India.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

The Brits tried to make it a forfeit so 2-2 but BCCI laid down the law :mrgreen: :P

Apparently ECB does not have Covid insurance for this match hence the machinations….
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

Tanaji wrote:The Brits tried to make it a forfeit so 2-2 but BCCI laid down the law :mrgreen: :P

Apparently ECB does not have Covid insurance for this match hence the machinations….

Dada must have emailed his shirtless pic from lords balcony
:wink:

Bcci is back to its power projection good riddance of that Lodha panel appointees …