Indian Sports and Entertainment Industry

The Technology & Economic Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to Technological and Economic developments in India. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
tandav
BRFite

Re: Indian Sports and Entertainment Industry

Postby tandav » 26 Feb 2020 15:00

Manish_P wrote:Commonwealth Games 2022: Shooting and archery events to be held in India

India will host the archery and shooting events at the 2022 Commonwealth Games, six months before the main event in Birmingham.

The proposal was put forward by India, who threatened to boycott Birmingham 2022 after shooting was excluded.

Both events will take place in Chandigarh in January 2022, with the main Games from 27 July to 7 August.

The move to India was approved by the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) executive board.

Would have better to simply move out of commonwealth games... not happy with even this decision... they should moved the entire games to Chandigarh instead of keeping it in Birmingham...

Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Postby Manish_P » 26 Feb 2020 19:41

We can threaten to move out of the commonwealth :twisted:

Suraj
Forum Moderator

Postby Suraj » 26 Feb 2020 21:53

I like this decision because it demonstrates our ability to compel others to give us what we value , on our terms .

Yes I agree that our very presence in the Commonwealth (which clearly involves nothing more meaningful than showing up at CWG, considering we don’t even respect CHOGM anymore) is pointless .

But that’s different . Leaving is an act where one chooses not to be involved at all. It leaves open the chance for others to say we were unwilling to engage - which is true . Now the situation is that we compelled them to do something unprecedented in multi-sport history, for our sake .

It must be remembered that many countries (Bdesh, Malaysia etc) protested shooting being dropped, but UK can easily dismiss them. This was India vs the old empire , and India succeeded in twisting their arms enough .

This act, more than leaving, demonstrates power and intent . Walking away is the easy thing to do. Making them do our bidding demonstrates what India can accomplish . Others need to see what we can do. Fundamentally, the ability to compel another to do your bidding is a far more visible demonstration of power than walking away. Anyone can walk away. No one else within C'wealth can force this latest move.

Anyone can pick up and leave. No other commonwealth country has the power to armtwist Britain by force this way. Not even Australia, who may be great at the sports but not at demonstrating geopolitical power.

We all know the ‘no facilities near venue’ is a joke . Birmingham was has many shooting ranges and Bisley is 150 km away only.

Ideally we will hold this, win most medals, then announce after CWG2022 that we are out of the Commonwealth .

tandav
BRFite

Postby tandav » 29 Feb 2020 12:55

Better to host the shooting competition and move out of CWG2020 (itself) citing Corona virus and inability of UK to protect tourist from fanatics as demonstrated by London embassy attack post 370 removal.

SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Postby SBajwa » 08 Mar 2020 11:05

Indian women cricket team in T20 world cup final against Australia. Go India!!!

SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Postby SBajwa » 10 Mar 2020 21:36

Total 72 have qualified for the Olympics now!

SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Postby SBajwa » 11 Mar 2020 20:31

Khelo India winter games in Gulmarg!

SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Postby SBajwa » 03 Apr 2020 03:53

Javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra will have to wait another year before chasing India's first Olympic track and field medal in Tokyo but the delay may turn out to be a blessing in disguise, the 22-year-old said.
The Commonwealth and Asian Games champion, seen as one of India's best medal prospects at the Games, spent the whole of 2019 recovering from an elbow operation on his throwing arm.

He only qualified for the Tokyo Olympics in January with a throw of 87.86 meters at a low-key meet in South Africa -- his first competitive outing since September 2018.

But with the Tokyo Games put back by a year due to the coronavirus pandemic, Chopra will have more time to get himself into peak form.

"I was probably not 100% fit after the surgery I had," he said from the National Institute of Sports in Patiala, where he is in quarantine after returning from a training camp in Turkey.

"So the goal will be to be even better prepared than I was for this year's Games.

"I had found very little time to work on my technique as I was concentrating more on rehab. I didn't have much time to work on my throws as I started very late. Now I will try to solve the problems that I have noticed."

Chopra, who had to rush home from Turkey after India started banning flights from Europe to contain the spread of the coronavirus two weeks ago, was not surprised when the Games were put back to July and August of 2021.

"Even before the decision was announced, it had occurred to me that because of the prevailing situation it is quite likely that the Olympics will get postponed," he said.

"But it's not too much of a problem because with the way things are in the world today it was necessary to postpone the Games. There was no point in carrying on with the Games or athletes going to participate in this situation."

Chopra became only the third man from India to win an athletics gold at the Commonwealth Games when he took title in April 2018 with a throw of 86.47.

After throwing 87.43 at the Doha Diamond League meeting the following month he claimed a personal best at the Asian Games in Jakarta soon afterwards, his gold medal winning throw of 88.06 also the IAAF's sixth longest of the year.

Hailing from the state of Haryana, which is better known for producing wrestlers and kabaddi players, Chopra studied videos of Jan Zelezny after deciding to pick up a javelin.

Zelezny's throw of 98.48 in 1996 still stands as the world record and Chopra says he modelled his own throwing style and technique on the Czech's.

"I have heard that javelin athletes peak after 24-25 years of age," he said.

"Even when Jan Zelezny did the world record he was about 28-29. So this one year may prove to be more fruitful for me."

While India is credited with Norman Pritchard's sprint and hurdles silver medals from the 1900 Olympics before it gained independence from Britain, the world's second-most populous nation considers itself never to have won an athletics medal at the Games.

"If people have hopes of a medal from me, that is not really so much pressure," Chopra said.

"It is a good thing for an athlete that people have these expectations and they think he can do well and make history.

"That is fine, my job is to try live up to those expectations."

BajKhedawal
BRFite

Postby BajKhedawal » 08 Apr 2020 08:11

Saw "Special Ops" staring Kay Kay Menon on Hotstar, very well made by Niraj Pandey awesome kickass series. I give it 5 stars.

Mollick.R
BRFite

Postby Mollick.R » 08 Apr 2020 20:33

BajKhedawal wrote:Saw "Special Ops" staring Kay Kay Menon on Hotstar, very well made by Niraj Pandey awesome kickass series. I give it 5 stars.

Family Man & Bard of Blood are another two names comes into my mind which you may give a try.

morem
BRFite

Postby morem » 08 Apr 2020 22:17

Family man is bull sh*t. Portrays security forces in bad light.

BajKhedawal
BRFite

Postby BajKhedawal » 09 Apr 2020 02:02

morem wrote:Family man is bull sh*t. Portrays security forces in bad light.

True that, I stopped watching it after I could not bear it any longer at season 1 episod 5 incidentally thats when dimmhi bitch gul panag is introduced in the series.

Someone recommended "Asur" staring Arshad Warsi

sajo
BRFite

Postby sajo » 09 Apr 2020 22:48

Special Ops need'nt have shown all the equal equal between you know whom.The director it seemed was almost trying to be politically correct bhaiwood style while trying to create a show about Islamic Terrorism.

SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Postby SBajwa » 16 May 2020 01:43

New movie of Amitabh Bachchan and Ayushman Khurana named Gulabo Sitabo will be released on Amazon Prime on June 12th.

SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Postby SBajwa » 16 May 2020 07:31

Prem
BRF Oldie

Postby Prem » 26 May 2020 10:05

https://www.yahoo.com/news/balbir-singh ... 31448.html
Balbir Singh: India mourns loss of hockey legend and independence her

The 1948 Olympics were held in a London still emerging from the chaos of World War Two and were known as the Austerity Games.Food was still subject to rationing and members of the British team supplemented their meagre diets with whale meat.Athletes, who were housed in RAF camps and school halls, were told to bring their own towels and medals were handed over without ribbons to save money.The Indian men's hockey team met hosts Great Britain in the final and beat them 4-0 with centre-forward Singh - then aged 23 - scoring twice in the first half.In a 2014 interview, Singh recalled the charged atmosphere in a packed Wembley Stadium and seeing Queen Elizabeth - mother of Britain's current monarch - who had been the last Empress of India until independence a year before.He said British supporters shouted "well played Balbir" after the Indians clinched gold."It's impossible to explain the feeling of joy and happiness," he said. "You have to experience it. I was so happy. I was on top of the world. The memory of my first Olympic Games in 1948 is still fresh in my mind."In another interview he told The Times of India how it had felt to see the Tiranga - the tricolour flag of the newly independent India - being raised in the medal ceremony.[b]"The Tiranga rose up slowly. With our national anthem being played, my freedom-fighter father's words 'Our Flag, Our Country' came flooding back. I finally understood what he meant. I felt I was rising off the ground alongside the fluttering Tiranga," he said.The victorious Indian team received a rapturous welcome on its return home. In his autobiography, The Golden Hat-Trick - My Hockey Days, Singh recounted how huge crowds met them in Mumbai (then Bombay) where many of the players were from."We were swept off our feet and it was here that I realised what the victory meant to our nation, starved as it was of world class accomplishments. Hockey was the only sport that gave the country a ray of golden hope, something to cheer for and celebrate."
The Indian team successfully defended its title in the following two Games in Helsinki and Melbourne.In the 1952 final, Singh scored five goals in India's 6-1 victory over the Netherlands - a record that still stands. At the 1956 Games he captained his team when they scored 38 goals in five matches and conceded none. They took gold in a close 1-0 victory over Pakistan.Singh added silver medals to his collection at the Asian Games of 1958 and 1962, before beginning a successful career as a coach.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was among those who paid tribute.

SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Postby SBajwa » 02 Jun 2020 15:29

old classic

darshan
BRF Oldie

Postby darshan » 20 Aug 2020 15:31

Dhoni shares letter he received from PM Modi after announcement of retirement
https://www.deshgujarat.com/2020/08/20/ ... etirement/

Vamsee
BRFite

Postby Vamsee » 30 Aug 2020 20:03

India and Russia are declared joint winners of Chess Olympiad. First time Gold medal for India

Suraj
Forum Moderator

Postby Suraj » 30 Aug 2020 22:38

Interesting course of events indeed. A loss of internet connectivity leading to confusion and chaos. Congrats for the first time victory in the Chess Olympiad. Took way too long to accomplish it, but it's good they have done so.

Return to “Technology & Economic Forum”