Commonwealth Games-New Delhi 2010

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Re: Issues faced by Commonwealth Games-New Delhi 2010

Post by Sanjay M »

When I pointed out the right of others to mention India's backdrop of poverty in relation to Chandrayaan's success, then some people are maximizing their indignation over it. And now in relation to the looming failure of the Commonwealth Games, then people are saying we shouldn't overlook the poverty.

When we have a successful event, then we want to fiercely cling to it by denying the existence of poverty. When we badly flub an event, we want to console ourselves by saying the grapes are sour anyway because of poverty.

Meanwhile,

England 'could pull out of Games'
Bade
BRF Oldie

Post by Bade »

Let all the weaklings pull out citing various reasons. India is a hard place, full of dust, heat and health hazards only for these athletes. :roll: Shows that they cannot compete unless in familiar territory.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

SanjayM garu,

I don't which side of the bat you are playing. So take this point as a sincere observation.

There is lot of difference between Chandrayaan and CWG. ChandrayN is a scientific pursuit and has very little scope for corruption.

While CwG is also equally important, quite a few buzzard things happened in this case. Like I. Every other case Shri MMSji had to use (perhaps 10th or 12th time in past six years) his clean image to save his colleague. At this point I am most worried about the spoiled cloaths of Sri MMS ji after all these cleanups.

I would like to see Shri MMS complete his second term and "complete" his job as he proclaimed recently. Somi truly want CWG to be successful. Afterall I get no joy in seeing India falter on such a stupid issue. Faltering on issues like POK is a different matter as it is a difficult terrian.

With all these (seemingly) stupid posts I would like to bring some facts to the forum audience. While the donkey is not expected to do the dogs work (which is what most of MMS supporters like me preach); the donkey is failing to do basic donkeys work. This brings us to a famous telugu poem...

Kanakapu simhasanamuna sunakamu koorchundabetti subhalagnamunan... meaning the dog won't change it's habit of peeing over the bed even if one coronates it and puts it on the throne on an auspecious day...

The problem here is not the dog (with due apologies to the dog); but the fool who thought he can make it the king!

That sir summarizes a day in India for an NRI looking thru the colored lens.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Funny isn't it? Western cricketers have no problem visiting India and playing international/club level games,ofcourse,why wouldn't they as BCCI/IPL have made most of them into millionnaires. I guess the biggest gripe of these commonwealth althletes is not about the lack of security, but just that the prize money isn't big enough to participate. Make no mistakes about it, our preperations for CWG has been woefully indequate, but we just have to learn from our mistakes and move on if we are ever to host major international events in future.

My biggest concern right now is about F1 race next year and a possible MotoGp event in 2012. F1 is followed by more than 300m viewers worldwide and it is a global sport that attracts who's who of the business world. We just cannot afford to goof up on that one next year. Thankfully, the track is being built by JP Group and Mallya group ,atleast one can be assured that the facilities will be top notch.
Bade
BRF Oldie

Post by Bade »

See when the rest of Delhi or India does not have western standards of living, why should CWG village be any different, other than for H&D reasons. Very likely it is much better than most middle-class Delhi homes even. So far it is only the Gora-sahib nations or who live amongst them as naturalized citizens who have complained about the housing...Canadians, Brits and Kiwis.

For some perspective, I happened to live in a newly opened Hilton in Delhi early this year, the toilets were not draining and it was stinking worse than the open urinals in India and the stay was not free either. The maintenance crew had to visit a couple of times during our stay, whenever someone in adjacent units flushed their toilets or used the shower.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

ramana wrote:So when the CWG deal came they lapped up the chance to scam the furriners. All dilli billis were on it. And thought they can get way. The floods and bad weather all conspired to make the issues more open.
Is there any place where the list of the contractors installed in CWG is listed? The agency which made the 'toppling' pedestrian bridge, IIRC is from some where in Punjab. Looks like the common wealth games was a grand theft scheme (planned much better than the great train robbery) in which senior officials, ministers and contractors/businessmen of New Delhi and its surrounding areas looted the Indian tax payer's money. Dill Billis seem to be quite experts in living at others expense :D.
Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

So..does the Sonia Gandhi party take any responsibility for this embarrassment or not?
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

I mentioned earlier an allegation from an informed source from his hometown,that his highness "Kill-madly" made a massive score on lighning conductors in an earlier sports tamasha,adding approx.40% to the actual cost.The CWG is looting on an imperial scale,something that Nadir Shah,would be proud of! Tens of thousands of crores have actually been squandered with the most shabby and shameful quality (yet to be) delivered.Bhanot's statements have disgraced the entire country.If he prefers to defecate behind a bush in his garden,cleaning his butt with a lotah or leaf (as former TN governor and pal of Morarji,P.Patwari used to do in the Madras Raj Bhavan),spitting pan on every wall,let him do it in his own domain,but not shame the nation with such hygenic insensitivity.The other jokers who said that the bridge collapse was a "minor trivial affair" need to be buried alive under the debris of the bridge when poor "admis" are fighting for their lives in hospital!

Kalmadi,Bhanot ,Gill and Dixit and the other jokers who said that the bridge collapse was a "minor trivial affair"
should be promptly arrested ,tried,given long sentences/rigorous imprisonment and made to clean prison toilets for several years.In the US such a crime would be considered as "grand larceny" and I doubt if any of these criminals if tried in the US would receive anything less than a life term.

But the true ringmaster of this circus clowns act is our dear PM,Dr.Singh.His leadership has been totally absent.He cared a fart all these 7 years whether the Games were a success or not.Just compare his interest in it with Indira Gandhi,whose leadership saw India put on a grand show with the Asian Games.MMS has but one obsession,as would-be butler to the White House,he wants to turn independent India into a vassal state of the US at any cost,so that he can obtain his master's grateful thanks with accompanying accolades a la Tony Blair.All he has been interested during his second term has been the N-deal and now the impending visit of Obama,for which he is bending over backwards to award the US as many deals as possible,the C-17 being the most outrageous.He had many an opportunity to save the Games,but simply put it and the nation's reputation low on his list of priorities.He "outsourced" a national event to these scamsters and conmen,paid for by you and I and the Indian taxpayers.If Singh has any integrity and sense of honour he would resign with immediate effect.Had he been a Japanese statesman,he would have committed sepukku! But he is neither,being an upstart,who is PM by default,not elected and claims to live in the north-east and I doubt that even if the games are cancelled,he willexpress any genuine regret and look for scapegoats.Perhaps only the floodwaters due to reach Delhi might save this bunch of crooks responsible for the most shameful national disgrace since '62!
Last edited by Philip on 22 Sep 2010 12:02, edited 2 times in total.
ShivaS
BRFite

Post by ShivaS »

Boss log this is all for the elections the party has only few sources 1) Defence contracts 2) Scams of Games aka SG.

Kalmadi need not contest as he is winner with out contest.

Sub kuch Chalta hai,.... I should have joined Youth congress under the dynamic leader Ambika Soni, Jaya sudha et al.

instead I beleived in education which is useless and causes agony, because I have to earn
sarkar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sarkar »

KalMa*di is behaving just like pakjabis. Always in denial state.
Shit this is so embarrassing, shameful !

Everyday after working for 8-10 hours at office if feel like, i have done something good for India, because company's success defines India's success also. But when things like these happen, all the hard work goes right out of the window. :(
Last edited by sarkar on 22 Sep 2010 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Ceiling of CWG weightlifting venue collapses

No one can claim that the CWG are not entertaining.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

Sachin wrote:Dill Billis seem to be quite experts in living at others expense :D.
if by Dill Billis you are referring to the aam junta of dilli, then i resent this statement.
However, if your reference is to the inefficient & corrupt Babus & the political party (The One Whose Name We Dare Not Speak, lest we get censured) then i agree with you.

If the CWG failure to take place helps in awakening the masses to the ineptitude of the ruling political party (The One Whose Name We Dare Not Speak, lest we get censured) then it may be worth the cost & shame.

I wonder if they will refund my tickets in such an eventuality?!!
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

its not just the ruling party is it? Its deeply ingrained in all the parties
the excuse given will be election funds
its enough to make you vote maoist!
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Whats gonna collapse next?
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

You must be joking! That too in the Weightlifting stadium of all places! Another minor "hiccup" perhaps? I suppose a "major" hiccup is when the stadium roofs collapse on the heads of the OC...and I'm sure that that would be just retribution.

Which athlete in the world would now perform in any of the venues with one eye focussed for safety on the ceiling! Time to call off this farcial affair and save the country's prestige,already in the gutter thanks to MMS,Kalmadi,Gill,Dixit and co.,from descending into the sewer (if a collapse occurs during the Games!).Does anyone have the pis of the "defecating dog" caught on film? It would make a strong case for being the pic of the year.

"A bridge too far.."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 85854.html
In a day of farce – an Indian government minister dismissed the collapse of the bridge as a “minor hiccup” – England, Scotland, New Zealand and Canada, condemned conditions at the athletes’ village and said that their athletes and officials would have to be accommodated in hotels until the apartment blocks were brought up to scratch, raising fresh security concerns.

Reports said around half the athletes’ apartments were dirty and unfinished, and that workers had even defecated on the floor of some of the buildings. One official with the Commonwealth Games Federation told The Independent that labourers had been living on site for months: “The rooms are unacceptably dirty.”

Some of the harshest condemnation came from Team Scotland with officials deriding the accommodation as “unsafe and unfit for human habitation”. Among the evidence apparently submitted by the Scottish delegation is a photograph of a dog defecating on a bed in the athletes’ village.
It is estimated the budget for the event has increased 18-fold from its original estimate and will eventually total around $6bn
PS:Where have the billions gone and into whose pockets?
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

Philip wrote: Bhanot's statements have disgraced the entire country.
To a hardcore slum dweller, squalor is a very acceptable enviroment. Just like to a Paki, deceit is acceptable behaviour.
If one goes in to the background of these worthies to their origins, we may be able to explain why filth is aceeptable to them.
Philip wrote: our dear PM,Dr.Singh.His leadership has been totally absent...being an upstart,who is PM by default,not elected ...
You infidel, dont you know he is the most repected PM as per white mans polls. :oops:
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Yes,he is being nominated for the "No-balls" prize for sports,but has a strong contender in one Butt of the PCB!

Read this piece of advice from a former Dy. HC

Salvage India's pride, postpone CWG to 2011
RAKESH AHUJA, Sep 22, 2010,

A Delhi-centric Games without regional involvement? At least 30% of tickets for the opening ceremony have been reserved for VIPs and VVIPs. Where is Bharat in this national pride? The format of the opening ceremony still not finalized? The signature tune has just been unveiled, but the Rs 70 crore floating aerostat is not certain and the central stage is yet to be built.

The Chinese were practicing the Olympics opening ceremony two years ahead. Nothing done to forestall the cyclical outbreak of dengue? It will peak in October. The Village on the Yamuna's floodplains will be vulnerable. Several participating countries have issued alerts. Outsourcing crucial aspects of the Games to foreigners at the expense of local talent including highly dubious sponsorship, baton relay deals?

Perhaps to keep crony kickbacks outside the purview of Indian taxmen? India Inc and MNCs shying from sponsorships; PSUs rethinking commitments? The failure to stem bad public manners — spitting, littering and urinating?

Beijing's Spiritual Civilization Steering Committee successfully instilled civic sense in the city's inhabitants ahead of the 2008 Olympics. This is the state of affairs. Imagine where our much vaunted national pride would be if: once again, India wins only a handful of medals?

Potential home advantage does not exist because self-serving sports administrators have rarely nurtured India's sporting talent and infrastructure. In contrast, the Chinese withdrew from international competitions for more than a decade to develop home-grown sporting prowess, then modestly tested its mettle from the 1988 Seoul Olympics on. star (white) athletes continue to heed, lemming-like, the call of iconic Australian swimmer Dawn Fraser to pull out because of "lies" regarding the quality of venues and the possibility of another Munich?

A "world-class" venue structure collapses? Laggardly security arrangements allow a terrorist strike and inadequate quality control of catering forces embassies to import food for their athletes?

Empty grandstands flash up on worldwide TV? So far, just 20,000 of the overseas allocation of 1.7 lakh tickets have sold so far. And Delhi's residents display no visible interest in the event.

The 'worst ever' Games are in the offing. Matching Australia or South Africa is a pipe dream. Given the organizational disaster, a vortex of mishaps and glitches is inevitable. They will receive worldwide coverage. The objective of showcasing an emerging Asian power on the world stage is set to self-destruct.

Of late, the surreal optimism about hosting the "best ever" Games has given way to doing "our best". At last, there is implicit acknowledgement that an ignominious fortnight is on the cards. It is time to cut our losses.

The bottom line is that a systemic, nationwide malaise has been exposed. It could be a catalyst for declaring independence from incompetence, corruption and the arrogance embedded in DNA of the ruling class. Postponing the Games will give unambiguous notice to the tainted to Quit India.

It would be a non-violent Dandi moment for the aam admi. It would be a fitting homage to Gandhi's birth anniversary is October 2. And in the spirit of his values, Delhi's citizens could be forgiven for hoisting the national flag and writing to their elected representatives to declare: "We will not take it any more."

(The writer was Australia's deputy high commissioner to India in the 90s)

Read more: Salvage India's pride, postpone CWG to 2011 - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... z4xCjeVucC
Security concern: Top British athletes pull out of CWG14
Tags : triple jumper, Phillips Idowu, Dani Samuels, Commonwealth Games
Wed Sep 22 2010,
England's world champion triple jumper Phillips Idowu became the latest star to pull out of the scandal-marred Commonwealth Games due to security reasons, saying his family is more important than a medal.

The pull out of Idowu came hours after his compatriots – Olympic 400m champion Christine Ohuruogu and 2006 Melbourne Games gold medallist 1500m runner Lisa Dobriskey - decided to withdraw from the Games due to injuries.

The build-up to the Games has been marred by complaints over unhygienic conditions at the Athletes' Village while a footbridge near the main venue collapsed yesterday, injuring 27 people. Before that, in a firing incident, two foreign tourists were injured on Sunday.
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/secur ... wg/685808/
Last edited by Philip on 22 Sep 2010 13:24, edited 2 times in total.
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

krishnan wrote:Whats gonna collapse next?
A lot of egos :mrgreen: :((
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

CM Delhi announced that the collapsed foot bridge , which is a rather minor issue and contractor being blacklisted, will not be reconstructed.

Meanwhile, a small portion of false ceiling of JLN stadium collapsed at weightlifting venue. Some days earlier a shooting player was injured at the indoor shooting range due to faulty construction.

CM told reporters to show good things which are done .
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

one of the UK papers reported that most of the stadiums themselves are really good, including the velodrome, etc. but given the overall malaise - as usual, 'beautification' and cover up is underway, without addressing the real issues, e.g. sanitation, public health, etc.

and ofcourse, billions are being 'mislaid'

time for a revolution folks
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Reporters should have asked her to show good things to talk about first
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

In retrospect, i think CWG should have been hosted in Gujarat , Punjab or Tamil Nadu - states with arguably the best infrastructure in the country, and politicians who have have an iota of pride about their state and gall to get things done.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

But then out "latter-day Moghuls" rule imperiously from "Dilli" and treat the outlying states as mere inferior provinces only fit for them to send MPs to support the "Delhi-wallahs" in the squandering of the nation's wealth,created out of the "blood,sweat,toil and tears," of the peasants and blue and white collar workers.It is past time for a new political party representing the middle-class,with reputed middle-class individuals of national stature to come forward and assume leadership.It might take some time to become a powerful force,but if tried,will succeed.The last man who had a great following around the country and missed his opportunity was Seshan,but his ego proved to be too big for the humble role.

PS:In a poll,about 65% want the Games cancelled.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/poll/20 ... hgames2010
Last edited by Philip on 22 Sep 2010 13:51, edited 1 time in total.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Ambar wrote:In retrospect, i think CWG should have been hosted in Gujarat , Punjab or Tamil Nadu - states with arguably the best infrastructure in the country, and politicians who have have an iota of pride about their state and gall to get things done.
My thoughts as well. May be Cities should have been asked to compete for it . Now all is in past. Common folks like us can only pray for its incident free conclusion to keep India's hope alive for another Grand Gala like Asian Games and Olympics in future.

I have pledged One Kg laddoo to Hanumanji for successful conclusion.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

i think the games will go ahead but at a reduced intensity, many of the top atheletes will sit it out, prefering to concentrate on the olympics build up instead
india then will win a huge tally of medals, and the games will be declared a success... :roll:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I hope this CWG is the last nail in the coffin for those still holding out for bigger shindigs and lootfests like Asiads and (god forbid) the olympic games.
EVERY country who hosted the olympics has lost money bigtime on it.

AND in India, such events will always go to delhi, never to anywhere else. more loot-shoot , farmhouses, blue labels...

H&D can be better pumped up with soothing highways and public infra, not some hyper costly olympics driving infra development in a narrow area of delhi.

enough people enough!
Gaurav_S
BRFite

Post by Gaurav_S »

Fear of terror, corruption, collapsing structures, Yamuna flowing above danger mark...not a good sign of successful hosting of games. Now I am thinking cancellation of CWG all together and hoping for more and more athletes pulling out of it. No fancy stuff and just simple small CWG. With lack of sponsorship and moolahs running out India will definitely start thinking, if we are prepared by Olympics... :roll:

After seeing so much of drama around CWG, now I am in the opinion that country like India should first get basic things organised. Lack of infrastructure, eroding poverty, terrorism is already enough for us yindoos to deal with.
Last edited by Gaurav_S on 22 Sep 2010 15:02, edited 1 time in total.
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

in all this rona-dhona we overlook the fact that our men managed to build all these stadiums in record time 2008-2010!
poor quality is a necessary consequence/side-effect of this, but still they mange to do this. May be if they had the comfort of another 2 months.
But due to poor project management, the delivery team will have to suffer the shame
girish.r
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by girish.r »

Manny wrote:So..does the Sonia Gandhi party take any responsibility for this embarrassment or not?
Would they? have they ever? :?:
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

AdityaM wrote:in all this rona-dhona we overlook the fact that our men managed to build all these stadiums in record time 2008-2010!
If I read it here correctly we had got the bid nearly 6-7 years back. So there was enough and more time to build quality infrastructure which could withstand the test of time, and also can be used for other sporting events. Building in "record time" was not done intentionally, it was done after the looters knew that time was running out and these folks should build some semblance of structures.
May be if they had the comfort of another 2 months.
:rotfl: The Dilli Billies would have used the extra buffer to loot more money. I feel you are assuming that folks out there want to do an honest day's job, but was not given enough time. The only job they can do correctly is looting. Give Kalmadi & Co, another 10 years they would be consistent in giving such shabby products.
But due to poor project management, the delivery team will have to suffer the shame
Sir, poor project management etc. all comes from a simple notion that the top honchos in Dilli hold. That is they being the nation's capital, they can get away with any crime and always and every time other provinces need to pump in money. And considering the Dilli Billies (again, I dont mean Mango Man) shame is some thing which they will never have. For all you know they would laughing away to the banks with the ill-gotten money.

Guess the rest of the country needs to find out ways to make Nai Dilli another 'Bahadur Shah Zafar' (i.e token king, in his on world writing poetry, with only authority in paper) ;). Let this 'Bahadur Shah Zafar' remain on its grandoise thoughts and strut around the palace, where as critical things happen else where.
Manish Jain
BRFite

Post by Manish Jain »

Aditya, and why did they start in 2008 when they had 7 years to prepare for games? The reason for starting only in 2008 is that honorable Mani Shankar as our esteemed sports minister sat on all decision making for years. Nothing at all happened in his tenure.

Lots of people to be blamed and lots of heads should roll, but I seriously don't think anything will happen. A few small fries may resign or asked to go but no one will go to jail or have his ill-gotten assets seized.
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

I hope the games are called off before god forbid someone gets injured or worse die. Besides I don't think anything in particular will happen to any of these Kalmadis, Gills, Dixits, Bhanot, JP Reddy etc... I am positive everyone in central and state govt must have take their pie out the budget that if one big fish is caught, others will follow.

Neither role of Mani Shankar Aiyar should be forgotten. I can only imagine how Chinese must be grinning at our colossal mess.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

ideas for entering 2020 Olympic bid is already being laughed off - forgeddaboutit
for this games - apart from the loss of H&D which we will shrug off saying "not bad for Indian conditions", the biggest issues here are our ability to deal with corruption and our genuine desire (if we have any) to be world class in terms of facilities and infrastructure for mango people
personally i think our inability to provide sanitation and clean water to citizens (especially delhi) is utterly tragic

interestingly, how did IG pull of 72 Asiad?
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

With the speed with which athletes are pulling out of CWG, I guess we may end up getting national games at a grand scale with few Pakis athletes thrown in.
More than Paki terrorists, the participants should be worried about some roof collapsing on their head ground beneath giving in.
But then if you are a mango Indian , it will be a minor hiccup otherwise it would be white man making noise.
Only if something collapses on Kal-maa-di, Bhen-aut, Gill and Dix-shit's head, maybe then I will call it successful games.

Thanks to the failure of CWG in Delhi and highly corrupt officialdom in IOC, Delhi Govt and GoI, we should be barred from bidding for Asiad, Olympics or Afro-Asian games for next 50 years.
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

Lalmohan wrote: interestingly, how did IG pull of 72 Asiad?
IG was all that MMS isn't. One unfavorable flick of her eye brow would send shivers down others ............
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Lalmohan wrote:ideas for entering 2020 Olympic bid is already being laughed off - forgeddaboutit
for this games - apart from the loss of H&D which we will shrug off saying "not bad for Indian conditions", the biggest issues here are our ability to deal with corruption and our genuine desire (if we have any) to be world class in terms of facilities and infrastructure for mango people
personally i think our inability to provide sanitation and clean water to citizens (especially delhi) is utterly tragic

interestingly, how did IG pull of 72 Asiad?
'82 you mean. How did IG pull it off? Because she is one of the few politicians this country has ever produced to have a pair of cajones - metaphorically speaking i.e.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Latest:Games chief flies in for "emergency" talks.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/gene ... 86247.html
The head of the Commonwealth Games rushed to New Delhi for emergency talks today as a ceiling collapsed in one of the venues.
There has been widespread anger over India's last-minute preparations for the event, due to start in little more than a week.
Commonwealth Games Federation president Mike Fennell has requested a meeting with Indian prime minister Manmohan Singh.
Further excuses:Simply amazing how these worthies lie so easily.
But officials continued to play the problems down, a position that international sports officials say defies reality.

Cabinet secretary K M Chandrasekhar said today: "We are absolutely prepared."

Speaking of the state of the athletes' village, urban development minister Jaipal Reddy said: "Athletes and guests should not bother about such small matters."
He insisted it would be immaculate when the events begin.

Referring to the collapsed pedestrian bridge, New Delhi chief minister Sheila Dikshit said: "The accident is not as big as being made out to be. We are giving adequate compensation to those injured."

In addition to shoddy conditions inside and outside the buildings, there are also problems with plumbing, wiring, furnishings, internet access and mobile phone coverage.
Games on a "knife edge".See pic of stadium roof cave in.One can see from the wavy lines how poorly the roof has been fabricated and installed.

Cabinet Sec's excuse:"It's a minor thing...."!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/se ... ge-england
Indian Cabinet Secretary KM Chandreshekhar said: "The cables which were to be set up for the data network were placed on the false ceiling and due to the weight of the cables the ceiling fell off. It's a minor thing and it will be corrected. It's not a matter to be worried about."
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... -edge.html
The Commonwealth Games organisers in India faced yet another crisis today — after a ceiling caved in close to the weightlifting stage.
It follows the collapse of a bridge near the main stadium yesterday and reports that the athletes' village is "unsafe" and "unfit for human habitation".

The ceiling gave way at the city's main Jawarharlal Stadium earlier today.
Gaurav_S
BRFite

Post by Gaurav_S »

Fire all those b@st@rds in central government and make them pay price for bringing national disgrace to all of us. Its really embarrassing and shameful moment for us. Lets just all of us completely boycott CWG. These CWG stuff should have been handled by private company with minimal central government's intervention. These really shows how poor we are when it comes to event management. Can't imagine of mega event like Olympics till we have people like Kalmaadi sitting in central and looting the nation. SA can host football worldcup successfully but India with more then 1 Billion people can't even handle few thousand tourists for 10 days. Heck with slogans like Incredible India... :evil:

Its high time now for India to get things straight..

Shame on us..!! :oops: :oops: :x :x
gogna
BRFite

Post by gogna »

Shame on us, china delivers best Olympic games ever and we deliver the best Filthy village ever.

Last time i was in delhi was 2004 could not get flight to Amritsar so i had no choice, we open the car window and it was like gutter smell all over the city, Their was human waste all around the roads, When we reach the train station i was filth all over again, the toilets was like pigs farm, when train pulled out of the station all we saw was people Shitin* all around the train lines like animals.

Delhi could be great city just need a deep clean and more public toilets for people stop using the streets as their own personal toilets.