Commonwealth Games-New Delhi 2010

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Re: Issues faced by Commonwealth Games-New Delhi 2010

Post by chaanakya »

http://news.oneindia.in/2010/10/01/army ... adium.html
New Delhi, Oct 1: Saving the country from a huge embarrassment, the Army on Friday, Oct 1 handed over the newly-built Bailey foot over-bridge at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium to the Delhi government.

Army's 'Madras Sappers' started re-constructing the collapsed bridge at the Commonwealth Games main venue on Saturday, Sep 25. The bridge was ready by Wednesday, Sep 29.

The Army was called in after the under-construction foot overbridge collapsed on Sep 21 adding to the mounting embarrassments just days ahead of the Delhi Games.

An engineering regiment of the Army, with nearly 1,000 men, was deployed to construct the Bailey bridge. The regiment completed and handed over the Bailey bridge in an impressive six days.
Well Done.

We can give Olympics to Army to organise.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

chaanakya wrote: We can give Olympics to Army to organise.

Never! So many issues I see here:

1) First why do we need Olympics? Is the Olympic chief an Indian? Forget current situation, will he ever be an Indian? Can India exert control like we can do inside ICC? If answer for all is a no, then that thing is much lower in priority for India. Olympics is a colonial blood sucking apparatus, that is methodically used to suck some of the riches out of a noveau rich nation*. Especially nations that wants to maalish its newly TELed up mijjile in public. It is a oiropean thing - they make it appear like everybody wins, but only they earn the monies. The reason they have it only once every 4 years is because local people and extra-oiropean powers (even unkil steers clear of these thugs, so he can bargain elsewhere) will get clued in and ask of their own cut from the pie. And they graze in a scientific fashion: Never come back to the same city until the bitter memories of a generation of city treasurers has died down

2) The more Indian Army gets mired in such tasks, the less time they will have on thinking deeply about terminating paki-PLAs in an efficient and cost effective bania manner. Just look across both the borders for proof of such lack of focus :D

3) 6 days for a simple Bailey? :eek: Looks like that silverish barbie paint job that some CWG babu demanded of the Sappers must have taken all of 5.5 days :evil:. Considering point#2 above, I dont even want to think of anything else, for I have such severe respect for the badasses of the Thambi-gang who did this work. .
* check out past games allocations, if it is given to non-goras, it is always given to a newly rich country that seriously yearns for H&D. Am yet to see one given for Jamaica or Kenya, despite kickass sporting contributions. Why? Cant the oiropean thug-barons help setup good infra there with some money? :)
Rishirishi
BRFite

Post by Rishirishi »

LINK
:D

:D :D :D :D

Check it out
Last edited by Rishirishi on 01 Oct 2010 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

James B wrote:For more pictures of CWG you can go to this site

http://www.defenceforum.in/forum/non-mi ... 5038-8.htm
Says no access for non-members. Is there no other way to view for non-members?
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Rishirishi wrote:Link
:D

:D :D :D :D

Check it out
from the link
“From security to cleanliness to the venues and the food, this has been very well arranged,” he said.

“It was in bad shape last week but they’ve made it on time and who are we to question that? Or the way they do things here? Our venue here is the best for our sport I’ve seen in the world.”
help! an intelligent gora!! all is lost, we are getting olympics :((

(Manu-saar, take a bow, IIRC you are the first in BRF to state this obvious pattern inside the chaotic, fractal landscape called India)
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

hnair wrote:
chaanakya wrote: We can give Olympics to Army to organise.

Never! So many issues I see here:

1) First why do we need Olympics? Is the Olympic chief an Indian? Forget current situation, will he ever be an Indian? Can India exert control like we can do inside ICC? If answer for all is a no, then that thing is much lower in priority for India. Olympics is a colonial blood sucking apparatus, that is methodically used to suck some of the riches out of a noveau rich nation*. Especially nations that wants to maalish its newly TELed up mijjile in public. It is a oiropean thing - they make it appear like everybody wins, but only they earn the monies. The reason they have it only once every 4 years is because local people and extra-oiropean powers (even unkil steers clear of these thugs, so he can bargain elsewhere) will get clued in and ask of their own cut from the pie. And they graze in a scientific fashion: Never come back to the same city until the bitter memories of a generation of city treasurers has died down

2) The more Indian Army gets mired in such tasks, the less time they will have on thinking deeply about terminating paki-PLAs in an efficient and cost effective bania manner. Just look across both the borders for proof of such lack of focus :D

3) 6 days for a simple Bailey? :eek: Looks like that silverish barbie paint job that some CWG babu demanded of the Sappers must have taken all of 5.5 days :evil:. Considering point#2 above, I dont even want to think of anything else, for I have such severe respect for the badasses of the Thambi-gang who did this work. .
* check out past games allocations, if it is given to non-goras, it is always given to a newly rich country that seriously yearns for H&D. Am yet to see one given for Jamaica or Kenya, despite kickass sporting contributions. Why? Cant the oiropean thug-barons help setup good infra there with some money? :)
Never mind , that was an expression of appreciation .Indeed, it was white pain job that took extra time.
Well Kalmadi is there to jump in :twisted:
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

hnair wrote:
from the link
“From security to cleanliness to the venues and the food, this has been very well arranged,” he said.

“It was in bad shape last week but they’ve made it on time and who are we to question that? Or the way they do things here? Our venue here is the best for our sport I’ve seen in the world.”
help! an intelligent gora!! all is lost, we are getting olympics :((

(Manu-saar, take a bow, IIRC you are the first in BRF to state this obvious pattern inside the chaotic, fractal landscape called India)
SO Army would have to be called in , after all. :shock:
Abhijeet
BRFite

Post by Abhijeet »

hnair wrote:check out past games allocations, if it is given to non-goras, it is always given to a newly rich country that seriously yearns for H&D. Am yet to see one given for Jamaica or Kenya, despite kickass sporting contributions. Why? Cant the oiropean thug-barons help setup good infra there with some money? :)
Well, the reason games aren't awarded to Kenya and Jamaica is exactly to avoid the sort of last-minute panic that we've seen in India. Some countries haven't got their act together enough to pull off a large international sporting event, it's as simple as that. Sporting contributions, kickass or not, don't enter into it.

Newly rich countries want high-profile events partly for H&D but also because it indicates that they have the sophistication necessary to run the event successfully. Japan in 1964, South Korea in 1988, China in 2008 etc.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Look at the photographs on this one:

http://www.commonwealthgamenews.com/201 ... -stadiums/

Comments worth a read :)

PS: Good thing for psy ops and learning is to take big event project leaders, managers and organizers on a plane have a normal cruise of the areas where they are supposed to build, organize and come back on approach. Make undulating twists, turns on descent, let them puke, strap up for dear life and then ultimately make a perfect touchdown. Now how would that feel? They'd not like to fly with again with the pilot. Same with the CWG. Lesson that must be learnt is getting processes up and running to finish things well before deadlines.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

I might have been going OT, so my last post here. Maybe some other thread.
Abhijeet wrote: Well, the reason games aren't awarded to Kenya and Jamaica is exactly to avoid the sort of last-minute panic that we've seen in India. Some countries haven't got their act together enough to pull off a large international sporting event, it's as simple as that. Sporting contributions, kickass or not, don't enter into it.

Newly rich countries want high-profile events partly for H&D but also because it indicates that they have the sophistication necessary to run the event successfully. Japan in 1964, South Korea in 1988, China in 2008 etc.
1) World lost a lot of money in Wall street. Last time I was there, NOLA's African-American neighbourhoods are still reeling after Katrina. Yet, I do not think that the US as a nation "does not have their act together". So who exactly decides if someone "got their act together and pull off" and what is the criteria? A Bhanot certificate? Credit rating? Abundance of gelled hair and suits who always have an updated resume? or is it something else?

2) When BCCI asked why ICC needs so much hafta from Indian cricket world, we were told "promote sports in places where there is talent, but not money". Malcolm Gray-saar said this, who at that time, we all believed had his "act together" and certainly had all trappings of sophistication. So why should that laudable altruism be absent for IOC in Kenya or Jamaica ?

3) H&D is a sophisticated control mechanism and a pat in the head with a "great job" by an upper management type need not make my H&D go up in real terms. I want to be the "patter" not the "patted". That to me is H&D. Sleazy old IPL spoiled me ;)
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

So why should that laudable altruism be absent for IOC in Kenya or Jamaica ?

Sry to butt in but Good question. However i think both these countries have produced more star atheletes and medals in Olympics than India and will continue to do so.

One has to realize some fundamentals on Olympics. Specially those that associate these with big power politics.

Long distance running: Can't really beat the Kenyans, Ethopians..

Short distance sprints: Can't beat West Africans or origin folks..

None of the above groups need Govt sponsorships, Pvt sponsorships or big money to overwhelm any race opposition. It's in their genes to be superior long distance or sprint champions.

Next: Big bulky guys who can chuck a hammer or a fat steel ball further than others, can't really beat some of the East Europeans there.

Next: Swimming: Can't really beat those from countries that have heated swimming pools in their backyards for a given and tremendously fantastic water resources to afford the same.

Notice: Look at how some of these nations maintain medals tally: Many hide behind a massive dose of medals due to West African or East African atheletes. Ever seen a 100 m final, semifinal, heats dash? Noticed race?

So how do the Chinese and others mould their medal hopes? Rowing. China gets hold of young 15 year olds in a state sponsored programme for example, with broad strappy shoulders, 6 feet 4 inch guys like me.. :wink: trains these folks to just row. Then they beat the Western folks who do so as a sport and more. Same with gymnastics. Do that and you
've 20-30 medals in your kitty. Yes add shooting and other sports...can train in controlled environs. 30 plus there. Break up the number of medals for what event and you'll notice a massive carving off.

Why should India bother for that pie? India should go for what it really is good at and leave the rest to private initiative completely. If India wants to win 50 medals in 2020, all it's gotta do is hire Kenyans, Ethopians on sports schols, West Africans for sprints again on schols..grant them citizenships.

Why make your citizens undergo unnatural training just to throw a spear longer, a fat steel ball further etc. Yopu want medals..learn not to cheat. Be innovative..be smart. Realize what the games """"REALLY"""" mean..

No offense to anyone, but JMT on these games.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Allright one more OT, which gets me back into game, as per Butt@paki cricket logic
harbans wrote: Why make your citizens undergo unnatural training just to throw a spear longer, a fat steel ball further etc. Yopu want medals..learn not to cheat. Be innovative..be smart. Realize what the games """"REALLY"""" mean..
Right on, harbansji!! Core Olympic Events = Carnival Variety Entertainment Ver 3.0 (Circus being Ver 2.0)

Now to go OT once more and hence be truly out of the thread before the Bredators drone reaches our ears, here is a clip on track stars for you, Harbansji.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcTlMy5L5ps

Particularly loved the gentile reference to Clif bars.....lol
Raghavendra
BRFite

Post by Raghavendra »

Delhi CWG becomes biggest in terms of participation http://in.news.yahoo.com/20/20101001/14 ... rms-o.html

After a controversy-marred build-up and negative publicity, the Commonwealth Games set a historic landmark of being the biggest-ever in terms of participatants with more than 6700 athletes and officials confirming their entries for the event here today. With just one day left for the opening ceremony, Delhi will now be known to have hosted the biggest Games surpassing participation in Melbourne four years ago which stood at 5766 athletes and officials.
Kanishka
BRFite

Post by Kanishka »

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/commonweal ... alth-Games

" It's been a tad embarrassing to be a member of the press this week.

A New Zealand television reporter was seen smearing mud on a wall last week at the athletes' village in a bid to spice up the images for a report on the grimy conditions. :evil:

The Australian journalist who sensationally claimed to have walked a bomb into Jawaharal Nehru Stadium was exposed by the ABC Media Watch programme as a fake. :evil:

And then there was the ITN reporter who fabricated a bomb scare so his boss would shift him to a hotel closer to his mates. :evil:

In a country where poverty is a way of life for most, it is ironic that wealthy westerners have such a poor grasp on decency. "

Does anyone know who this New Zealand reporter is?
Kanishka
BRFite

Post by Kanishka »

Some whities are beginning to see through the bias and malice.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/op ... 5932978839
amit
BRF Oldie

Post by amit »

Kanishka wrote:Some whities are beginning to see through the bias and malice.

If only some of the natives (jingoes included) did as well...

But I do note that as the malice in Gora media tapers off (and in its place some introspection starts to take place, like the link above), so does the number of posts by some eminent BFRites on this thread. I'm personally amused by the direct correlation! :-)
Kanishka
BRFite

Post by Kanishka »

amit wrote:
Kanishka wrote:Some whities are beginning to see through the bias and malice.

If only some of the natives (jingoes included) did as well...

But I do note that as the malice in Gora media tapers off (and in its place some introspection starts to take place, like the link above), so does the number of posts by some eminent BFRites on this thread. I'm personally amused by the direct correlation! :-)
The damage is already done. India's image has been thoroughly tarnished through this organized campaign.
Either we learn from it and be prepared for next time or we ignore it and be maligned again and again.
Not to mention that not so long ago the Aussies tried that to malign the Indian Cricket team /Harbajan and
put "India in its place." I don't think they have learned much from that event.

What really bothers me is that some of us Indians still carry the slave attitude when it comes to dealing with the goras.
I just don't agree with it.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Kanishka wrote: The damage is already done. India's image has been thoroughly tarnished through this organized campaign.
Either we learn from it and be prepared for next time or we ignore it and be maligned again and again.
Not to mention that not so long ago the Aussies tried that to malign the Indian Cricket team /Harbajan and

What really bothers me is that some of us Indians still carry the slave attitude when it comes to dealing with the goras.
What's this obsession with projecting an image?
praksam
BRFite

Post by praksam »

What really bothers me is that some of us Indians still carry the slave attitude when it comes to dealing with the goras
Thats a very accurate presentation of fact. In fact some of them go to the extreme and sleep on the floor so that the gora happily steps over him.This is one of the biggest acheivement that the britishers have had,from the 300 yrs of rule over India.
Theo_Fidel

Post by Theo_Fidel »

Kanishka wrote:The damage is already done. India's image has been thoroughly tarnished through this organized campaign...

...What really bothers me is that some of us Indians still carry the slave attitude when it comes to dealing with the goras.
IMHO this is not true at all.
In 2 years no one will remember anything.

And there is no slave attitude I see except amongst the press
who should rightfully apologize about now. The Delhi public
and the public in TN were not fooled by this media 'outrage'.

My real gripe is that we should have had a proper realistic $5-10 Billion
budget right from the beginning. This would have allowed us
to get world class contractors and managers on board from day one.

Despite this I would like to point out that the one sector not complete is the delhi metro. :( :(
Sreedharan where are you. They had the most money and the most time and the best managers
and still could not do what it takes.

As a growing nation we should not shy away from throwing money at problems, despite the corruption
and the disorganization and the lack of standards.

We can afford it, 'they' can't.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

archan wrote:
Kanishka wrote: The damage is already done. India's image has been thoroughly tarnished through this organized campaign.

If we run a good CWG and deliver as promised, the fiasco will be forgotten in the very next week.

A lot of journos will eat some humble pie, some token wrist slapping and a lot of money counting will take place.

We will lurch on to the next debacle, lessons firmly unlearned.
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

Rubbish. Yeah right. I saw that interview on the news. "Oh.. Shocking, just 60% were inhabitable" and "We fixed things in a week" was the icing on the cake.

While the Joan of Arc kind of hero and self effacing martyrdom and syrupy maudlin will play out well with Boorqa Dutt, that is far from credible.

Fact, Dilli Billis F**ked up. And for this F**k up they spent 70,000 crore, out of that 70K crore, a very significant part has been swindled and looted by the corrupt Dilli MoFos.

Sheila did and the rest of her politico Dilli had their fill in the orgy of corruption. Now when yellow matter has hit the fan , showing up others while appear as a Joan of Arc is right up the alley of the play book of the despicable critters that Politicians in general and Dilli billis in particular.
Last edited by archan on 04 Oct 2010 03:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I think you have been told many times to not post hateful messages towards Delhiites. Language used is also deplorable. Warning issued.
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

chetak wrote:If we run a good CWG and deliver as promised, the fiasco will be forgotten in the very next week.
That is the reason I fervently hope that the games are a total fiasco and a mess
A lot of journos will eat some humble pie, some token wrist slapping and a lot of money counting will take place.
If it fails, that is when there will be some real action.
We will lurch on to the next debacle, lessons firmly unlearned.
We are a nation that needs crises. The more the better. Only then things will happen here.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

i think we have separated whines on this thread into different categories
1. gora loge kya kahanege?
2. who ate all the paisa?
3. why didn't they build any drains and toilets for the mango'es?

category one will soon go away
2 and 3 need us to stay engaged
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Getting things done India style:
Delhi Metro to start services to JLN Stadium hours before opening ceremony
The main venue of the Commonwealth Games-- Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium -- will get connected by the Metro tomorrow, just hours before the mega sporting event begins.

The 16-km Central Secretariat-Sarita Vihar corridor will be opened to the public at 8 AM tomorrow with the DMRC getting the mandatory certificate for launching of commercial services from Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety R K Kardam.

There will be no formal function as the Games begin tomorrow evening. Passenger services will start simultaneously from Central Secretariat and Sarita Vihar at 8 AM tomorrow, DMRC spokesman Anuj Dayal said.

The DMRC plans to run 29 Standard Gauge Metro trains for on the corridor during peak hours. This is the second Standard Gauge line to come up in the country after the Delhi Metro’s Inderlok-Mundka corridor.
Kanishka
BRFite

Post by Kanishka »

archan wrote:

Why exactly did India offer to host the CWG?
Was image building not a part of it?
Kanishka
BRFite

Post by Kanishka »

Theo_Fidel wrote:
Kanishka wrote:The damage is already done. India's image has been thoroughly tarnished through this organized campaign...

...What really bothers me is that some of us Indians still carry the slave attitude when it comes to dealing with the goras.
IMHO this is not true at all.
In 2 years no one will remember anything.

And there is no slave attitude I see except amongst the press
who should rightfully apologize about now. The Delhi public
and the public in TN were not fooled by this media 'outrage'.

My real gripe is that we should have had a proper realistic $5-10 Billion
budget right from the beginning. This would have allowed us
to get world class contractors and managers on board from day one.

Despite this I would like to point out that the one sector not complete is the delhi metro. :( :(
Sreedharan where are you. They had the most money and the most time and the best managers
and still could not do what it takes.

As a growing nation we should not shy away from throwing money at problems, despite the corruption
and the disorganization and the lack of standards.

We can afford it, 'they' can't.
Mate, I sincerely hope you are right and I am wrong.
Kanishka
BRFite

Post by Kanishka »

Lalmohan wrote:i think we have separated whines on this thread into different categories
1. gora loge kya kahanege?
2. who ate all the paisa?
3. why didn't they build any drains and toilets for the mango'es?

category one will soon go away
2 and 3 need us to stay engaged
Wrong.

1. gora loge kya kahanege?: This will stick for a very long time.
2. who ate all the paisa? Will never be found because the high and mighty will not allow a complete and thorough investigation.
3. why didn't they build any drains and toilets for the mango'es? This is an important debate.

Just my VHO.
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

Just drove by JLN stadium an hour back. The place is lit up like by a million watts of light.
May the games begin!
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Wouldn't be nice to see pics of the langur brigade chasing Dikshit, Bhanot & Kalmadi Inc. (debacle gang)?

I am still fearing they will cause more harm to this game.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

kanishka, perhaps you misunderstood me..., those are the three categories of whines on this thread
i am a subscriber to no. 3 onlee
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

Well, I don't see why we are creating a myth about whine #1. The implication is that it's okay for Indians to defecate in the streets, and complaining about this situation is about trying to put on airs in front of "the white people". So, in other words, it's okay for us to defecate in the streets when white people aren't watching. That's a pathetic attitude. I don't identify with such people.

"Vee are da next shooparpowwarr onleee - vee can defecate vherever and vhenever vee like!"

Here's another piece from the NYT:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/03/world ... india.html
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

amit wrote:
amit-saar, one Dave Chappelle hailing from US of America apparently has done deep pisko studies on such people in his own community and has come up with this brilliant skit to explain the reason

(WARNING: USE HEADPHONES, as it contains severe profanity not approved by goras and racial ephithets they invented in the past, but they want to forget real fast. Also the deep South American accent needs full volume, so again headphones :D )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHFUH_fr ... re=related

Even if the profanity comes across as strong, please see the entire thing and how the main character responds to Satyameva Jayathe in the end, particularly with his supportive wife :mrgreen:
Kanishka
BRFite

Post by Kanishka »

Sanjay M wrote:Well, I don't see why we are creating a myth about whine #1. The implication is that it's okay for Indians to defecate in the streets, and complaining about this situation is about trying to put on airs in front of "the white people". So, in other words, it's okay for us to defecate in the streets when white people aren't watching. That's a pathetic attitude. I don't identify with such people.

"Vee are da next shooparpowwarr onleee - vee can defecate vherever and vhenever vee like!"

Here's another piece from the NYT:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/03/world ... india.html
Wow! I am beginning to understand why the anglo media finds it so easy to bash India.
So all is fine with the white media? No bias or malice towards India?
And since the white man needs to tell us what is wrong with us (as we cannot see ourselves) perhaps it was a mistake to earn our freedom. Right?
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

Strongly disagree with your response. You may not have noticed, but I spend a lot of time posting gora articles that bash India, as well as posting rebuttals to them. The problem is that Indians too have to make an effort on their side not to live upto the stereotypes that others would see us through.

When I point out the Euro-centric bias of Atlanticist media, then I'm accused of being too critical of the white media.
But when the corrupt Kaangress is under attack from all sides due to their very real failings, and I agree with it, then suddenly I'm accused of licking the feet of the white media. Silly.

Sorry guys, but you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Meanwhile, here's the view from NewsX, including comments from the hygiene-averse but image-conscious Lalit Bhench*d:

I've never liked A R Rahman - he's a convert and far too over-hyped on his song quality.
Last edited by Rahul M on 03 Oct 2010 23:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: show your bigotry elsewhere.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

OT here but- AR Rahman was good when he was a tamil musician from India reaching out to the world with his music. His downfall started when he tried to become a world musician trying to reach out to Indian audience. Oscar did contribute a fair bit to this delusion. Strictly IMO onlee.
Kanishka
BRFite

Post by Kanishka »

Sanjay M wrote:Strongly disagree with your response. You may not have noticed, but I spend a lot of time posting gora articles that bash India, as well as posting rebuttals to them. The problem is that Indians too have to make an effort on their side not to live upto the stereotypes that others would see us through.

When I point out the Euro-centric bias of Atlanticist media, then I'm accused of being too critical of the white media.
But when the corrupt Kaangress is under attack from all sides due to their very real failings, and I agree with it, then suddenly I'm accused of licking the feet of the white media. Silly.
This is my last post, I promise.

I couldn't careless about Congress or any other political party. They are just the same: corrupt and incompetent.

I care about India's image. No one in Australia or NZ or UK is taking about Congress. Its being termed as "India's Game of Shame" and here you are discussing about corrupt Congress while India's image is being thoroughly maligned.

What difference would it make if any other political party was in power?

What is the truth about the venue and facilities?

What I have heard from athletes as shown in Indian channels the facilities in Delhi are better than Sydney, or Melbourne (previous CWG).

But the Western media shows what it wants to show. India as a backward, caste ridden unsafe country.

How many people know that an under construction traffic bridge traffic bridge collapsed in Canberra in August 2010 severely injuring 15 people.
It happens here also. Even if everything was organised on time, there would still be the same amount of criticism.

Its organised and relentless in multiple channels (TV One, TV3, Sky, BBC, ITV and other Fox affiliated channels in Australia and NZ
I see it on a daily basis and find this unacceptable and hence the posts on this forum and in Australian, UK and NZ newpapers.
None has been published. While you may want to wash your dirty linen in public, I dont.
There is a time and place for everything.
This idea of inviting your neighbour to solve your family problem is ridiculous and short sighted.
No wonder we were slaves for 300 years.
Last edited by Kanishka on 03 Oct 2010 12:53, edited 1 time in total.
Abhijeet
BRFite

Post by Abhijeet »

hnair wrote:So who exactly decides if someone "got their act together and pull off" and what is the criteria? A Bhanot certificate? Credit rating? Abundance of gelled hair and suits who always have an updated resume? or is it something else?
All the rhetorical questions apart, a simple look around any Indian city should be enough to tell us whether India has its "act together" or not.

Separately, I actually find it funny to see how some of the NRIs on this forum seem to be frantic about the damage this fiasco has done to India's "image". Since they never actually have to live with the reality of India as it exists today, the "image" of India -- and how it is projected by their host country -- are what matters to them first and foremost.

As I've said before, I could not care less about how various foreign countries perceive India, and whether they are trying to "tarnish" India's image or not. What matters to me is whether things on the ground here in India actually change as a result of this fiasco. If repeated negative articles in the foreign and Indian press will make that outcome even slightly more likely, then tarnish away!

"It doesn't matter whether the cat is black or white, as long as it catches mice." - A wise man