Know Your India

The Technology & Economic Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to Technological and Economic developments in India. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Re: Know Your India

Post by Rakesh »

https://twitter.com/eighty_its/status/1 ... 62112?s=20 ---> The land at the mouth of the Brahmaputra and Champabati rivers in Assam is like a map of India. There are also Himalayan mountains at the top.

Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

https://twitter.com/thebetterindia/stat ... 79328?s=20 ---> For almost 10 years she had swept floors and dusted chairs at the panchayat office but on Wednesday, A Anandavalli (46) occupied the chair of the block panchayat president in Pathanapuram in south Kerala’s Kollam district.

Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

https://twitter.com/Hardism/status/1359 ... 55042?s=20 ---> I made an application for passport renewal on 7th Feb. I got an appointment on 8th Feb. The passport was dispatched on 9th Feb and I have it in my hand on 10th Feb. If you told me 15 years back that government would be able to deliver services at this speed, I'd laugh you off.
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

Same with my FIL/MIL - they got the renewed passport 3 days after the appt. they were shocked pleasantly!!
Kaivalya
BRFite

Post by Kaivalya »

I cannot but see it as a metaphor for rebuilding bharath piece by piece:

Muhammed is the archeologist who stood for ram janmabhoomi excavation results before the tide turned. Must have spent a lot of time in temples...you can see the blessings in his words,character and action
Mukhi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Mukhi »

http://vedicheritage.gov.in/

Vedas and other texts are now available online by the Gov of India.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Guys from now I will be posting some of the top folk music from our beloved country. I invite you to do same so that we enjoy best of best. I like kathputli and Chanda drum. The expression and intensity is priceless. Same way few Bengali songs and Rajasthani song. I invite to countryside tour of India.

https://youtu.be/wb1HYTW4t5Y
Punjabi song enjoyed in rural area. Feel the freedom of women in India. Her actions are fearless and very faminin. As Gurudev mentioned.........a country without fear.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Haryana folk song. No music required. Just clapping. Have witnesse this myself when I was small boy . After it was prohibited like all other adult males.

https://youtu.be/M9kM3niweJ4
Enjoy.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Rajasthani for song. Just great. Language is not important. Just watch expression and simplicity. Just fabulous.

https://youtu.be/FV8trqxz2t0
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

There are some really good projects. I myself am a product of such a good anganwadi project sponsored by UN in India. A I had access to all lego toys. I learned using alphabets to write names of my family members. Learned to celebrate Birthdays. On my birthday I asked my mother to make salted rice for whole of my class. In Haryana nobody eats salted rice. Actually it was a scheme to give some food laded with Iodine salt. My Mom will have ready food but I avoided it. But it was a good plan to give proper food to SC kids whose parents used to work for us as labourers. I am sure most of Brites have such experience.

From last week my wife has started this program. We go to parties and we give gifts. A small part of gift is a donation of small donation to feet-on-ground charities that are local by local people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tiq67-b ... BSNewsHour enjoy.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

https://twitter.com/ANINewsUP/status/14 ... 94723?s=20 ---> I want three resolutions from you, not for yourself, but for our country - cleanliness, creation & innovation and continuous efforts to create a self-reliant India: PM Modi at Varanasi.

vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

PM Narendra Modi addressing at the inauguration of Shri Kashi Vishwanath Dham

V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

Om NaMo Shivaya!
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Drone View Kashi Vishwanath Dham Corridor | Pm Modi Dream Project | #Kashivishwanathdhamcorridor

Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

https://twitter.com/amulkapoor/status/1 ... BCXYTOU1Vw ---> Something very interesting came my way this morning.

rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

India almost wiped out extreem poverty

https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-ne ... 09782.html
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Chanda drums
https://youtu.be/-OK_U4VpBTk
https://youtu.be/WtSVPgymIvE
Magnificent. Chanda drumming is taken very seriously......almost to the religious ceremony. It is so heartening to see that our ancient temples and traditions are kept kept alive by almost fanatic zeal.Everybody takes part. I wish Kerala govt would organise such events in every part of India. Southern Cinema production houses can play a big role. It is a national treasure that is to be shared. Proud of our India. :)
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

https://youtu.be/Np28O3Y_P2o

beautiful simply beautiful. Sakshat namaskar to creator of the content. Proud of Indian mothers who give birth to such beautiful souls. Richness of Indian culture. We have to promote cultural exchanges between northern states and south.
Arima
BRFite

Post by Arima »

Rakesh wrote: https://twitter.com/amulkapoor/status/1 ... BCXYTOU1Vw ---> Something very interesting came my way this morning.
Indo Arya and Dravidian names for language family should be changed. Linguist must decide language family names based on solid proof/hypothesis and not based on whims and fancy which suits BIF. our polity has been divided too much on this.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Hyderabad estimation seems to off by a large margin.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Actually, the Bharatiya migrated to Europe. Proved genetically.

Towards the end of the video. But, the rest is very data driven and interesting.

NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

In Hindi

Loaded with great info.

On YT please read the index for this video in the description.

NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

bala
BRFite

Post by bala »

In this YT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx74eeTm48I Dr. Ankit Shah has a few pointers to ponder upon:

On M. K. Gandhi:

1. The Brits twisted Ahimsa (non-violence) to mean no violence to them. However Partition saw untold horrors and violence. The Brits have blood on their hands for not securing the population and making an orderly transfer of people and property. Gandhi probably never meant non-violence in the way the Brits understood the term. But Gandhi is labeled with Satya and Ahimsa (frankly these are old concepts in the Indian lexicon).

2. The Kangress abused Gandhi. They put an image of gandhi on the rupee note which is a means of consumption. Gandhi wanted simple living with minimal demands. How ironic. Gandhi never considered himself mahatma but the Kangress in cahoots with Britshits appended the mahatma title. Also Gandhi never considered himself as father of nation. S C Bose perhaps is father but I consider Chanakya as the father of the nation of Bharat with blueprint of ArthaShastra.

3. Textbooks claim Gandhi is a freedom fighter, but Gandhi was never into fighting, he was a negotiator. He may have wanted freedom, but he thwarted Patel saab from the PM position and also he wanted S C Bose to recall his struggle against the Britshits.

4. Transfer of power had Sengol given by Mountbatten to Neverwho who did not care for it. Now corrected by P M Modi.

5. When India was formed, the maps were not properly vetted with the neighbors and hence India has map line disputes with all its neighbors.

On India and Indian Ocean:

Ankit believes that India (and its neighboring countries) and the Indian Ocean is the fulcrum of trade (was true ages ago). Major Food and fuel quantities move through this region.

On Education:

Canada, US, Australia, UK are benefiting from students from India. These nations were built on the loot of Britshits from India. If India turns its education system around (a la Nalanda model) and no Indian student wants to go abroad, the videshi education system will collapse.
bala
BRFite

Post by bala »

The Stitched Ship Project: Legacy of Maritime history of Bharat by Sanjeev Sanyal. Sanjeev Sanyal is an Economic Advisor to the Government of India.

In this wonderful presentation from this event, held at 'IIT Delhi', we will find out how India has a five thousand years old maritime tradition involving trade, cultural exchange, exploration and naval campaigns on both coasts. These extended across the Indian Ocean and beyond. These voyages were undertaken on ships that were mostly built using a unique “STITCHED” technique. We have textual evidence and accounts from foreign travellers about the intricacies of the ship-building processes and the culture of maritime activities.

The Govt. of India supported this project to revive this ancient culture generously. How is this project materialising? What are the steps? How is the execution? What is the future of the shipbuilding industry in India?

The Vedas mention maritime activity. Several ancient texts mention maritime activity and shipbuilding. One such texts, "Yukti-kalpataru" by Raja Bhoja mentions stitched ships. The ships also used iron nails. Ratio of ship's length to width was 4:1. Some special ships had 8:1. Foreign travellers have commented about Indian ships plying the oceans. Ships of 1000 tonnes and five sails were mentioned. Bharat's Corporatized guilds funded by temple banks built these ships. Navigation (navigath in sanskrit) was done using stars and very accurate. Indian Ships plied the ocean using Monsoon and underwater equatorial currents, knowledge of both were well known during ancient times. Several ancient sailing routes were established.

Even today there are examples of stitched ship (small ones) created in Karnataka coast.

Arab ships like Oman were stitched ships but actually built in India since timber was available in India.

Stitching uses needles, choir ropes, coconut ropes, kundroos resin, fish oil, limestone and red brick pigment. The first step is laying the keel (single piece of lumber, some use 2 or more). The wood is steamed and shaped. Next come the planks for either sides of the ship. Pairs of holes are used and coconut fiber is laid (called wadding) over the joints of the planks. I I X X I pattern is used for stitching.

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

bala
BRFite

Post by bala »

A Vajra and Trishul was found (in 2014) in a mountain (which is being mined for copper and other metals) in Philippines by a Bengaluru based businessman whose business was mining in the Philippines. The Vajra and Trishul were presented to ASI (Archaeology Survey of India). The Trishul was wrapped in some leather cloth and kept in a wooden box. The claim is 10,000 yrs old. At 33:00 you can see the vajra, at 47:49 trishul is displayed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFgpqPk8JaI

Praveen Mohan takes a tour of Sambisari Indonesia and finds an entire temple complex (which was underground and farming was done on top). A farmer's plough got stuck at the temple top stone block and Indonesia govt swung in and dug up the entire temple. It has durga, kali (the time) and ganesha and inside a genuine shiv lingam which has gold flecks in the stone. A gold plate with sanskrit engravings was found. The temple looks very ancient and old, more than the declared times. The land grown by the farmer was yielding 3 crops a year which is different than the neighboring farm lands. Some hidden power in the land.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT2gTJW-hnk
bala
BRFite

Post by bala »

Sandeep Balakrishna, the Author of the book 'Invaders and the Infidels’ is talking about the Hindu resistance to early Muslim invaders. This part of our history where our ancestors courageously fought against the invaders was completely ignored by the education system.

Sandeep has a deep love for uncovering the forgotten stories of India. With a keen eye for detail and a relentless drive to uncover the truth, he has dedicated his life to exploring the rich and complex history of Bharat, shedding light on the forgotten aspects of Bharat's past. Through tireless research and dedication to the craft, he is committed to ensuring that the legacy of India's rich cultural heritage will never be forgotten!

Sandeep talks about Mahmud Ghazni (who apparently invaded India 17 times according to Edu of India).
A Hindu helped Ghazni to take a different route back to Ghazni. This person led him through the deserts of Gujarat and made Ghazni go round and round, until they ran out of supplies. Ghazni on his way back was looted from all the wealth he had taken. Thank the commy historians for the myth of 17 times!

NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Via Jaipur Dialogs.

bala
BRFite

Post by bala »

The brutal britshit rule and destruction of India by Sandeep Balakrishna

// notes from the talk ..

Portuguese and some Italian travelers infested South India. They needed products from India. Western colonialization begins with India. The muslims in the middle east blocked the trade routes from India for the Euros. The Portuguese meet with the Samuthuri (lord of the sea), morphed to Zamorin, ruler of kerala. They (Portuguese) set up spice factories along the cranganore (Kodungallur) coast of kerala and eventually conquer Gomanthaka (Goa), the famous inquisition of Goa, unleashes barbarism of the Portuguese of untold dimensions.

Ghazni started the slave market trade from India into central Asia and the middle east. Actually the middle east complained that there is a glut of slaves from India. During Jehangir's time the East India established factories (with farmans from Jehangir) in Surat, Gujarat. The Brits provided beer and beer making to Jehangir, who was a drunkard.

Aurangzeb was a barbaric whose sole goal was subjugation of the Hindus. There were many outbreaks of revolt in Indian provinces and eventually Aurangzeb lost control on East India (Bengal, Assam). Dutch were trading alcohol with the people in Calcutta (bengalis were into arrack). The Hindus welcomed the Brits who took over after the Mughals. The Durga pooja was banned during Mughal rule but the Brits allowed this practice.

Initially the Brits were against missionaries (Jesuits), since this interfered with their money making trade. Later, the brits used them to change the character of Indian history. The Brits never mixed with the local populace. The existing populace were Hindus and Muslims (many forcibly converted, but some of them held onto their Indian customs). Festivals and practices were left alone by the Brits. The doctrine of lapse was a policy of annexation followed by the British Empire in India. This policy stated that any territory not under direct British rule would be automatically annexed to the empire. As a result, many Indian states were annexed into the British Raj, including Hyderabad and Junagadh.

The British started classifying trouble makers, e.g. thug, robber class. These people were criminallized by the Brits. The zamindars were pushed by the Brits (under Cornwalis) to pay a huge hafta. The zamindar had to oppress people under his jurisdiction. Disputes were done by the Brits using courts ruled by Brit Judges. The zamindar became the bad guy for the people which suited the Brits. Dharampal has outlined that the Brits systematically ruined existing Indian education system. Many Indians who were educated in the Brit system became clerks for the Brit system. Sanskrit was suppressed and later the Brits injected false stuff into Sanskrit texts using learned pundits/sanskrit scholars.

India should work on decolonialization. A slow and steady education on local culture, language, customs beyond the Angrezi system of education that pervades India. A time comes when India becomes the #1 nation economically, but its predominant culture/education/customs are borrowed from the modern world. The Indian elite, political system, bureaucracy, judiciary are locked in to furthering the old colonial system albeit in Indian hands. Therefore, the Indian judiciary, constitution, bureaucracy, police, education all require a complete overhaul. Overlordship (IAS, babus, unknown faceless govt officials, GOI run institutions), alien systems (e.g. parliamentary system of the brits, constitution written in Columbia Univesity) are not enduring systems. India pretty much needs to rethink each and everything it does in terms of governance of the nation. There are few changes, but the complete overhaul is forthcoming. All change happens when there is strong political leadership and the people are ready for the change.
bala
BRFite

Post by bala »

Taj Mahal which has become a symbol in the world with all kinds of dignitaries taking a picture at the site has always been seen differently by Indians in India. There are many symbols which are Hindu symbols in the Taj, usually found in a Hindu temple. The ASI and GOI has been shy about opening up Taj Mahal for further investigation.

So what is the real story?

Shah Jehan obtained (forcibly) the palace of Raja Man Singh from his grandson Raja Jai Singh. Raja Jai Singh was a vassal of Shah Jahan. In 1631 mumtaz died and within a year Shah Jehan buried her under the dome. The 22 yr tale of Taj Mahal being built is a yarn spun by french jeweler/gem merchant Jean-Baptiste Tavernier (1605–1689) in his French account. This frenchman had stolen the Tavernier Blue diamond, found in India around 1610 as a rough crystal weighing slightly over 115 modern carats. Tavernier sold the Tavernier Blue to Louis XIV of France for cash. Tavernier came to India after 10 yrs after mumtaz was buried in Taj Mahal. Since he was a chor his account is also questionable. Mausoleum usually bury important people in the center of the plot. The Taj is towards one end near the river. There was a carbon dating of a door timber found at entrance from the river side. This shows the date 300 yrs prior to the Taj built date. There are rooms, pillars and idols in the bottom half, which are made of Red sand stone. Taj Mahal is facing south direction.

There is a sanskrit inscription found at the Taj and kept in the Lucknow museum. It states that the place (built around 1100 AD) has shiva and vishnu temple. The solstice and equinox cross the center near the dome. Who else but Hindu culture have such precision.

bala
BRFite

Post by bala »

Remember the times when India was reeling with food shortages, people of the world viewed India as Snake charmers, Britshits projecting India as one big slum (lord) after massive looting (left the nation as a pauper), devastating India by their savage BritshitRule and the world, in general, mistreating Indians traveling and working globally. The 90s saw a marked change when PM Narasimha Rao and Moun Mohan kicked of reforms due to necessity of financial issues. The decade of 90s saw some huge transformations, India's rise as software power became apparent. The late 90s saw India become a nuclear power by Pokran-2 explosions. In the 2000s India tangled with the US and joined the Quad. During this decade and the next, India's strength in back-office IT for the world, pharma field dominance, space, defence, R&D for international companies, desi people heading huge international companies and nations, disaster relief for the world, middle class expanding, poverty levels drastically reduced, wealth and GDP steadily increasing, India-wide digital finance enablement, confidence of aam admi going up leaps and bounds and much more. The fact of the matter is that the slow and steady rise of India is unstoppable. India is on the verge of becoming a truly #3 GDP nation in the world very shortly and over time maybe #2 or #1 in a decade or two.

Eventually India is destined to being accepted as the Vishwaguru of the world.

See more here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMZLYzOvu0k
bala
BRFite

Post by bala »

Sawani Shetye is an archaeologist by education with a specialisation in Ancient Indian History and culture. She has pursued her Masters's Degree from Deccan College, Pune. She is currently pursuing her PhD in History from Goa University.

Learn about Why Portuguese came to Goa, Portuguese Orphanages & Conversions, why Inquisition was established and its horrors, methods used for conversions and much more. They had come here with a written mandate from Pope to go to India and by whatever means make the uncivilized, uncultured and junglee people there as pure and religious like us Christian. Many converted christians were not strict christians, instead they continued their old practices. The portuguese took this obsession by banning Hindu rituals, Hindus were reduced to 2nd class citizens. Shetye talks about tactics of converting Hindus. The Portuguese portrayed themselves as saviors of Sati practice, when in fact they abducted these women and others and sold them as slaves.

// I think it is time for Portugal to pay reparations to India for their horrendous crimes against humanity. The Vatican should be pressed to pay up for forced conversions. Maybe the Christians of Goa can file a class-action lawsuit against the Vatican for converting their forefathers/mothers. The Portuguese like the islamic hordes destroyed the temples of Goa. They also used techniques which were not honorable - like they would sue for peace talks and kill the negotiators in their fort. The hindu goans fled with their KulaDevatha to other places. The Portuguese kept exceptional documents of the wanton destruction, convertions and other heinous crimes they committed. This is evidence to be presented to any court.
bala
BRFite

Post by bala »

Everyone knows Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj and his valor. Story telling by Vaibhav Purandare tells us about his rise and what kind of leader Shivaji Maharaj became for the Marathas and the rest of India including the South up to TN/Kerala. The Marathas ruled India after Auranzeb and then the Britshits came. Shivaji Maharaj never trusted the Britshits who were then traders along the western coast of India. If his lineage had produced another Shivaji India would have been spared of Britshit Rule. But alas that did not happen.

bala
BRFite

Post by bala »

Sandeep Balakrishna talks about the islamic hordes who came to India and destroyed various places including Varanasi, Madurai, Devagiri (now called daulatabad) and more. Akbar was initially a very cruel ruler and his raids on Chittorgarh was awful, with huge pile up of skulls. Over time Akbar transformed and married Rajput women. Jehangir's mother was 1 such Rajput woman. Despite destruction and turmoil, Indian people resisted foreign culture, religions and is the only nation that escaped becoming another tyrannically islamic state in the world. During those times, farsi became the language of the courts, displacing Sanskrit. Urdu became the language of the common folks. Next came the britshits and imposed English on India. Indians have lost their language of ancient times - Sanskrit. Colonization has happened full circle. The common recurring theme is disunity amongst Indians (rulers and fiefdoms) caused this state of affairs.

During Hindu rule, temples were the center of social activity and an important economic center. Destroying temples took out the mandir economics which was an engine of economic well-being for the society. India believed in prosperity with abundance in material stuff. Gold, jewels, clothes, grains, cattle were aplently. Indian woman bathed in rivers, started their daily life by visiting the nearby temple, practiced arts/crafts without fear of being molested. The society was gainfully employed and there was joie de vivre all around. The rajas were benign in their rule and people had freedom to do pretty much what their talent allowed them. All of this came tumbling down once the invaders visited India.

Balakrishna's version of history is much different than what you heard in schools/colleges. It is worth watching the entire YT to understand the correct history of India not whitewashed by the commy cabal of Indian Edu system.

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »