Indian IT Industry

The Technology & Economic Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to Technological and Economic developments in India. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Re: Indian IT Industry

Post by Singha »

python seems quite lean at its core, unlike the stupid syntax of perl , and easy to import any library....

with a little effort I wrote in class programs to run the 3x3 number series puzzle and hangman and yesterday at work wrong another to recursively search my HDD for all jpeg files matching some name wildcards and delete them...saved me 3GB and hours of manual search and delete.

I plan to keep using it for such admin works. using sockets seems very easy as well...it follows the unix paradigm but easier to code then C.
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

Singha wrote: and yesterday at work wrong another to recursively search my HDD for all jpeg files matching some name wildcards and delete them...saved me 3GB and hours of manual search and delete.

I plan to keep using it for such admin works. using sockets seems very easy as well...it follows the unix paradigm but easier to code then C.
I suppose you are on windows, otherwise you would have used a one line "find -exec" command to accomplish the same.
Having cygwin installed on windows is quite useful for tasks like these.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I am on macos, which has underlying bsd shell. there would be n number of ways of doing it like bash script or find -delete but I was just trying to do something useful for myself. its also possible to do it in C but python is so much cleaner and easier to use.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

tried to register for a internal 4 days core-java course...but its all sold out 2 months in advance!

I think window opens towards end of every month and micromax flash sale tactics have to be used to snag a seat.

99% of the youngistanis taking it must have programmed in java in college itself!
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

^^ Making full use of company benefits? :mrgreen:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Shell will be setting up shop right next to my house it seem

http://m.economictimes.com/jobs/shell-t ... 548572.cms

Few days back toi reported Exxon was also looking to start an office in bluru....seems oil industry downturn has hit hard and lot of layoffs in texas
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

^ The road behind the villas has also been taken up by some kbs for corporate space. That whole area in next 10 years will be a corporate beehive , the rates in your woods will touch escape velocity of Jupiter :)
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

Singha wrote:python seems quite lean at its core, unlike the stupid syntax of perl , and easy to import any library....

with a little effort I wrote in class programs to run the 3x3 number series puzzle and hangman and yesterday at work wrong another to recursively search my HDD for all jpeg files matching some name wildcards and delete them...saved me 3GB and hours of manual search and delete.

Core python is actually much bulkier than perl. However, I appreciate the extra bulk because you can actually do useful stuff in python right out of the box, whereas for perl, you have to install a bunch of modules from CPAN (Comprehensive Perl Archive Network) before you can code anything remotely useful. For instance, a standard python install comes with modules to connect to internet websites, FTP, send/receive email, basic DB support, zip or unzip files, arbitrary precision and fractional math, date/time manipulation, cryptography etc., whereas a standard perl install comes with none of these and you have to go to CPAN to fetch and install them. It isn't hard to install from CPAN, but the fact that you still need to do it separately is what makes it hard to distribute perl code to mango people. Also, lord help you when a CPAN install doesn't go smoothly... Still, I have a soft corner for perl too and have interacted with several prominent people in the perl world as well.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

yes..with some web tutorials I was finally able to fill in a missing link in my skillset and
- enable apache and cgi-bin in my laptop
- send a http request via the browser
- execute the request as a python script and do simple stuff like print, reading a file etc.

with this basic pipeline is laid, I can add increasingly functional python scripts at the back end and do stuff like remote monitoring, DB access and remote config....this lack of back end script expertise was holding me back from trying this.

I do not feel like opening a socket() in C . ever.again
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

Man, this is exactly what am pursuing right now, the missing link. In addition I've done a bit of hadoop framework learning.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

yes its time to reskill oldie brothers..time are changing and application programming is where 95% of the jobs will be in future. dont want to be a embedded dinosaur no more.

and these new tools and langs are not just app programming...openstack family of SDN controllers is in python....dropbox is done in python....google kubernetes suite to control datacenter is done in their own similar language "go"....lots of huge stuff is getting done in python.

https://github.com/openstack/ - its a massive family of sw to provision and run a entire datacenter infra

wherever it says java or shell in these 3 pages of projects I am sure python or some similar scripting lang is in picture somewhere
https://github.com/opendaylight?page=1

per surveys in future 75% of internet traffic will be _within_ the datacenter itself as web requests results in 100 of scripts/microservices/DB accesses/dynamic content creation(ads) being done for every page...and only 25% is the outside pipe to the user

java is also hugely important and the most used language. thats why I was trying hard to get into a core-java course before learning any of its web frameworks etc....I need to monitor the course offerings every day from now on to get ahead of the micromax crowd :mrgreen:
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

I remember one fellow at an internship I was doing in 1996 talking about Python. Now I see some recruiters advertising python jobs for $200k!
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

more than salary, oldies need to look out for job security as in will this <thing> sustain for 5-10 yrs....salary will automatically come to anyone good at <thing>
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

I work in S/W product development field...

What I observed is that the Indian centers of these companies start as support centers (tech support etc) and at best internal test centers while the real product management and architects remain outside India.

There is lot of potential in Indian techies but they arent trained to see (or encouraged to take risks) innovation as a differentiation. I put this blame squarely on those Indian top/middle management who came from coolie shop background and not R&D and product development.

But if harnessed properly India can become equal partner in IT R&D sector. Already all world large product companies have shops in desh. Slowly but surely this will bring R&D knowhow into India and also patents.

The next step is for Indian companies go into ownership positions in these R&D companies. Current trend seems to be to cashout the innovation but I think/hope this will be a short term phenomenon.
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

I wish I have an aptitude for (core) Java, I really want to get into it, especially in the web front as well as stuff like MapReduce etc. But somehow it is not happening :(. I thought I will get away with python and Go. Let's see how it goes. :|
OTOH, I am glad that we are getting from bottom up like some balrog or Cthulhu . Rather than descend from 30k feet up, that journey is more scary (though probably not needed these days) like the other away around :mrgreen:
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

Guido Maharaj and yours truly at a tech conference many years ago: (Click for pic)
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

A quick question buddies. Have any one of you here encountered a problem what now I see is called as Mid Career Crisis. And any tips on how you over came the crisis. To be frank, I am in such a mode now. Checked up with a few colleagues in my experience (and job) bracket, well they seem to have the same issue too ! ;).
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

more hard fought progress today...a few feet...got it reliably working to read some static file and also execute some commands(dynamic output) at the back end display that in browser client. had to replace "\n" with "<br>" to get it work else it was showing in html with no newlines.

but uber dynamic stuff like "top" did not work as it uses curses to keep updating terminal screen and i have no idea how to make it dynamic and periodically updating in the brower...even printing I=I+1 in a loop does not having it scrolling into my browser!
chilarai
BRFite

Post by chilarai »

problem with perl is that it's very easy to be extra clever to try and save a few keystrokes and then for any non trivial code , in two months you do not understand your own code. For me that's the biggest advantage of python .making readable code. i used to hate the indenting with tabs and not braces but now i love it.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sachin wrote:A quick question buddies. Have any one of you here encountered a problem what now I see is called as Mid Career Crisis. And any tips on how you over came the crisis. To be frank, I am in such a mode now. Checked up with a few colleagues in my experience (and job) bracket, well they seem to have the same issue too ! ;).
There's tail and there's new cars. Tail cheaper, cars safer.

It tapers off after a bit.
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

KJo wrote:I remember one fellow at an internship I was doing in 1996 talking about Python. Now I see some recruiters advertising python jobs for $200k!
Back in the late 90s/early 2000s, the one company I knew that was doing lots of stuff in Python was Google (before Google really became Google chacha). They were using it for sys-admin and scripting type work pretty heavily and they preferred engineers that knew how to use it. For a while, they even employed Python's creator.
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

Singha wrote:yes..with some web tutorials I was finally able to fill in a missing link in my skillset and
- enable apache and cgi-bin in my laptop
- send a http request via the browser
- execute the request as a python script and do simple stuff like print, reading a file etc.

with this basic pipeline is laid, I can add increasingly functional python scripts at the back end and do stuff like remote monitoring, DB access and remote config....this lack of back end script expertise was holding me back from trying this.

I do not feel like opening a socket() in C . ever.again
By the way, if you are running python on Windows and feel the need to automate controlling the browser via code, or need to work with a database, feel free to drop me a PM. I might have something that could help you.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

I was reading up on the whole NoSQL movement and mostly trawling the papers and material on the www, lot of Indians have made pretty significant contributions there right from Sanjay Ghemawat's paper on BigTable to likes of Avinash Lakshman and Prashant Malik who created Cassandra when they were with FB. Avinash's startup Hedvig (software defined storage initiative) has already secured about 18 million in funds from VCs . Things are moving pretty fast .
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Singha wrote:more hard fought progress today...a few feet...got it reliably working to read some static file and also execute some commands(dynamic output) at the back end display that in browser client. had to replace "\n" with "<br>" to get it work else it was showing in html with no newlines.

but uber dynamic stuff like "top" did not work as it uses curses to keep updating terminal screen and i have no idea how to make it dynamic and periodically updating in the brower...even printing I=I+1 in a loop does not having it scrolling into my browser!
Go through the sources of the "top" utility at gnu site. Also take a look at htop which is a lot better than top if you want to look threads in a process.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

a_bharat wrote: I suppose you are on windows, otherwise you would have used a one line "find -exec" command to accomplish the same.
Better still, get emacs 24.x.x for windows and use elisp and/or the wrapper for find - Cygwin needed unfortunately - and use that as it is or extend the .el or .elc.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

a_bharat wrote: I suppose you are on windows, otherwise you would have used a one line "find -exec" command to accomplish the same.
Better still, get emacs 24.x.x for windows and use elisp and/or the wrapper for find - Cygwin needed unfortunately - and use that as it is or extend the .el or .elc.
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

Singha wrote: but uber dynamic stuff like "top" did not work as it uses curses to keep updating terminal screen and i have no idea how to make it dynamic and periodically updating in the brower...even printing I=I+1 in a loop does not having it scrolling into my browser!
Use top in batch mode:

Code: Select all

top -b -n 1
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I used a python pkg named sh that lets shell cmds be run as functions, without needing to specify full paths and run top as a basic cmd

render = sh.top("-b", "-n 1")
render = render.replace("\n", "<br />")
print(render)

but the key to having the webpage keep refreshing and hence running top freshly is the below:

print '<head>'
print '<title>Hello - First CGI Program</title>'
print '<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="15" >'
print '</head>'
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

Yeah, you can either use the HTTP refresh attribute to keep refreshing the page, or use javascript to only refresh a section of the page, using AJAX to pull the content. That way, you save on some bandwidth since you are only refreshing the area that needs refreshed.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

thanks..will look into that angle..4 MFDs would be nice...like a plane cockpit.

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/bangalor ... 558872.cms
sattili
BRFite

Post by sattili »

Hadoop and "BigData" space evolved at an explosive pace. There are many technologies and tools out there that makes me say geez when all these got developed. Good to see lot of Indian names in the top technology stack. Having spent last 18 months catching up on the data science and learning plethora of new tools and languages it still baffles me how fast the technology is moving. We are trying to grasp Hadoop and they are already working on the new framework called H2O.

Python is really elegant scripting language which gives lot of flexibility. Java is the native environment for Hadoop and its subsystems, however you can write a streaming map reduce job in virtually any language. These days i am spending more time on R, Weka and Ruby.

If someone is interested, I would suggest learning "Ruby". A surprisingly simple scripting language that will help in automating many admin chores as well as writing web apps (using Ruby on rails). I have a ruby script for bringing up Hadoop sandbox cluster on my laptop (6 VMs running in a pseudo network) to test my algorithms. Ruby made life so easy for me.

Sachin wrote:A quick question buddies. Have any one of you here encountered a problem what now I see is called as Mid Career Crisis. And any tips on how you over came the crisis. To be frank, I am in such a mode now. Checked up with a few colleagues in my experience (and job) bracket, well they seem to have the same issue too ! ;).
Hey Sachin - Having helped atleast couple of dozen team members chalk their career path to certain amount of success, I can give my 2 naya paisa advice on the mid career crisis. Feel free to get in touch and we can discuss offline (assuming you can see my mail id since you are an admin ;-) ).
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Yeah, I am feeling the mid-career crisis too. The place I live in is not good for tech jobs, so I am trying to move West as a first step and will take it from there. It's been a while since I felt like going to work in the morning.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

sattili wrote:Hey Sachin - Having helped atleast couple of dozen team members chalk their career path to certain amount of success, I can give my 2 naya paisa advice on the mid career crisis. Feel free to get in touch and we can discuss offline (assuming you can see my mail id since you are an admin ;-) ).
I am strange kind of admin, that I cannot see the e-mail ID. I have dropped you a PM (in the Forum itself). Thanks in advance !! :)
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the engg ranks in netz never had any idea why Ms warrior was brought in or what exactly she did. pankaj patel we know well as a season service provider side SVP/GM very sdre in looks and talking...naya ceo getting rid of dead wood.

--
New York: India-born Padmasree Warrior, one of Silicon Valley's high-profile female executives, has stepped down from her post of Chief Technology Officer at global IT giant Cisco after a significant restructuring of top management under incoming CEO Chuck Robbins.

Ms Warrior, named last month by Forbes among the world's 100 most powerful women, will move into a strategic advisor role "effective immediately" and will stay on in this new role "through the transition" until September, Cisco said.

Under the restructuring announced last week, the 10 leaders who will sit on Cisco's new executive leadership team will include India-born Pankaj Patel, Executive Vice President and Chief Development Officer.

Ms Warrior, 54, had joined Cisco in 2008 and had served as chief technology officer and senior vice-president of engineering during her seven years at the company.

In a blog post, Mr Robbins described Warrior as a "highly respected leader" who has been a "champion internally for innovation, strategic partnerships, investments and mergers and acquisitions".

"Padmasree has led the success of many of our strategic partnerships and will remain with us until September to help finalise some of our key partnerships for the future. I am grateful for the impact she's had on Cisco and her commitment to helping us finalise these important alliances," he said.

In her advisory post, Ms Warrior "is charged with aligning technology development and corporate strategy to enable Cisco to anticipate, shape, and lead major market transitions," Cisco said.

She will help "direct technology and operational innovation across the company and oversees strategic partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, the integration of new business models, the incubation of new technologies, and the cultivation of world-class technical talent."

Ms Warrior, an alumnus of the IIT-Delhi and Cornell University, was ranked 84th in this year's Forbes list of '100 Most Powerful Women' in the world and has regularly received various leadership awards.

She is a member of the Board of Trustees for Cornell University and serves on the Gap Inc. Board of Directors. She also sits on the Board of Directors for Thorn (formerly DNA Foundation).

Cisco said Pankaj will continue to lead Cisco's 25,000 development engineers and the company's $36 billion technology portfolio.

In previous roles at Cisco, Mr Patel served as Senior Vice President and General Manager for the company's service provider business, which achieved market segment leadership in routing, video and mobility under his leadership.

He was a founding leader of Cisco's first multi-service access business unit, developing strategy for access routers and voice-over-packet technology and delivery. He had joined Cisco through the company's acquisition of Stratacom in 1996.
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

C-DOT to launch 4 broadband products for `Digital India'

C-DOT, the premier R&D institute under the Department of Telecommunications, has developed indigenous technologies needed for digital convergence of rural and urban India, including long-distance Wi-Fi systems, solar-powered Wi-Fi systems, 100 Gbps optical fibre cable link and C-DOT next generation network in MTNL network.

The four products, to be launched by minister of communication and IT Ravi Shankar Prasad on 6 July during the Digital India week (1-7 July 2015) have vast potential for building the citadels of `Digital India', says an official release.

C-DOT's long-distance Wi-Fi solution is an all-encompassing, versatile wireless platform that is capable of extending Wi-Fi and IP connectivity to the remote and inhospitable terrains of India in a cost-effective and power-efficient manner. The product is capable of providing 100Mbps broadband speed to users of distant locations. It has the unique attributes of:

Direct optical fibre at WAN interface, which enables high speed connectivity with consistent bandwidth;
Mesh technology, which makes connectivity possible even where direct line of sight (LoS) is not present. This could prove effective in its deployment to NE India where connectivity and hilly terrain remains a challenge;
Support to link redundancy in case of failure of one radio/link; and
This technology is backed by robust operations, management and maintenance software
Provisioned with a solar powered green energy source, this solution can utilise enabling the seamless Wi-Fi access over long distances in an efficacious manner.

Solar-powered Wi-Fi operates in licence-exempt bands of 2.4 and 5.8GHz. The solution is specifically designed for outdoor environments, inaccessible terrains, where there is no guarantee for continuous power. The system is designed to work in variable input volatages and in harsh conditions. It can also be used for backhaul link for Wi-Fi hot spots, cellular base stations and base station controllers, ATMs, database servers etc. Also, the solution is well suited to extend last mile wireless connectivity beyond panchayat which are being connected to C-DOT developed Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) technology forming the backbone of Bharatnet -the National Optical Fiber Network (NOFN),

C-DOT's Suteevra, the 100Gbps OFC link, takes into account the ever increasing demand for superior bandwidth, high speed and power efficiency in the fiercely competitive market scenario and is poised to play a significant role. In this fast moving digital world where it is hard to find PC port of less than 1GbE speed, Suteevra carries valuable significance in creating enabling infrastructure for providing high-speed user experience anytime, anywhere. The solution is capable of serving multiple applications and protocols ranging from the data, storage, TDM, ATM and video networks.

Suteevra is a versatile mini 100G OTN (Optical Transport Network) platform based on the latest standards offering the ease of being deployed in both greenfield networks and existing OTN (Optical Transport Network) environments. Capable of supporting a distance of up to 50 km without an amplifier, its uniquely designed system and management interfaces with clearly defined performance monitoring features make it ideally suited to the current market trends.

C-DOT Next Generation Network (NGN) in MTNL Network

C-DOT's cost-effective Next Generation Network (NGN) solution addresses the need of the changing telecom scenario and enables Telcos to make a smooth transition from legacy TDM (Time Division Multiplexing) technology to advance VoIP telecom technology. The technology has various components of hardware and software and they are all indigenously designed by C-DOT.

In fact, a successful trial of the developed live network has been done for 1,000 landline connections of legacy PSTN technologies to C-DOT's IMS-compliant NGN technology. With this successful trial, MTNL can think of launching various services (voice, video and data) through various access based on IP. Also, it is now possible to migrate its existing 3.5 million landline subscribers of MTNL to IP-based network.

These uniquely architected indigenous solutions can play a catalytic role in fulfilling the objective of holistic digital empowerment resulting in the creation of a knowledge economy as envisaged under the flagship mission, `Digital India'.

Telecom and IT minister Ravishankar Prasad will launch C-DOT products designed and developed to take broadband to every nook and corner of India. These products are essential infrastructure for broadband connectivity and enabler to facilitate delivery of services.
Varoon Shekhar
BRF Oldie

Post by Varoon Shekhar »

Vipul wrote:C-DOT to launch 4 broadband products for `Digital India'

C-DOT, the premier R&D institute under the Department of Telecommunications, has developed indigenous technologies needed for digital convergence of rural and urban India, including long-distance Wi-Fi systems, solar-powered Wi-Fi systems, 100 Gbps optical fibre cable link and C-DOT next generation network in MTNL network.

The four products, to bey of services.
Excellent! Hadn't heard from C-DOT in years, last time was 2002 when they developed some network management tool. There were murmurs, or more, that C-DOT was deliberately being kept down or in the background, as part of a policy to encourage MNC telecom companies and products.

Great to see that they are still around and very active!
vasu raya
BRFite

Post by vasu raya »

Four critical things that make a Digital India possible today and challenges ahead
By Sam Pitroda
The first part is connectivity. The connectivity provided by NIC was the beginning of an effort to computerise government and digitise India for the 21st century. In the last 25 years, NIC has done a remarkable job of building human capacity, institutional frameworks and programmes for egovernance functionalities.
The second piece of 'Digital India' is creation of relevant platforms that would enhance efficiency, governance and lastmile delivery. Two core platforms developed by the former government were the UID to identify people for more effective service delivery and GIS to enhance mapping of physical asset to track work progress and enable improved monitoring.
The third critical part is applications that can ride on this aforesaid connectivity and platforms. This is where the opportunity lies for our budding entrepreneurs and industry to unleash their creative talent.
The fourth pillar of Digital India is the creation of data centres and a framework for cyber security to battle the increasingly threatening issue of cyber attacks and leaks.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

What's happening with Flipkart? They brought a guy from Google to head Product recently.

Veterans quit as Flipkart rebuilds a new technology team
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ind ... 011209.cms
kenop
BRFite

Post by kenop »

Didn't TCS Q1 results come early this time ?
Infy reported this morning. They are usually (among) the first.
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

Two Indian supercomputers in world’s top 100 list.

Eleven Indian machines have found a place in the latest list of the world’s 500 most powerful supercomputers, including two in the top 100. But India’s achievement pales when compared to the top country in terms of overall systems, the US, which has 233 on the list.

China, which ranks third, has 37 systems, and is also home to the world’s most powerful supercomputer, Tianhe-2. Tianhe-2, which means Milky Way-2, is a system developed by China’s National University of Defense Technology and is deployed in Guangzhou. It has retained its top rank for the fifth consecutive time and has a performance level of 33.86 petaflops (quadrillions of calculations per second).

The Chinese supercomputer is followed by Titan, a Cray XK7 system installed at the US Department of Energy’s Oak Ridge National Laboratory, which is also the world’s most energy efficient supercomputer.

The only new entry in the top 10 is at No. 7—Shaheen II, a Cray XC40 system installed at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology in Saudi Arabia.

India has made a minor improvement from nine supercomputers in the list released last year to 11 in the list released on Monday. The two new supercomputers include the one at the Supercomputer Education and Research Centre at the Indian Institute of Science in Bengaluru and the one at the National Centre for Medium Range Forecast in Noida.

The list is published twice a year by Jack Dongarra, a professor at the University of Tennessee who has been involved in the making of the list since 1993.

India’s position can be expected to improve as the cabinet in March approved the National Supercomputing Mission with an outlay of Rs.4,500 crore over a period of seven years. The mission aims to set up a grid connecting 70 supercomputers located in research and development institutions, universities and the 1 million core cloud using the National Knowledge Network. The mission also aims to catalyze the government’s Digital India vision by making available huge data storage space and linking systems.

Some of the institutes with supercomputers that made it to the top 500 list are the Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Centre for Development of Advanced Computing, Centre for Scientific and Industrial Research and Indian Space Research Organisation.