Indian Autos Thread -2

The Technology & Economic Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to Technological and Economic developments in India. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
sajo
BRFite -Trainee

Re: Indian Autos Thread -2

Postby sajo » 12 Feb 2020 16:29

^^ They purchased the rights to the brand, even if just to flog the history to unsuspecting buyers, nothing wrong in it. However, if they resort to selling stuff below even BOM value due to backing of the Chinese state, something regulatory (what?) needs to be done.
I am afraid that they might replicate their success in the mobile phone market, in turn destroying our Domestic industry ! With the deepest pockets in the world and the Li-Ion ecosystem in their control, the Chinese will be very difficult to rein in.

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Postby Yagnasri » 12 Feb 2020 16:32

Which is the good brand of small automatic gear car.

sajo
BRFite -Trainee

Postby sajo » 12 Feb 2020 16:37

Yagnasri wrote:Which is the good brand of small automatic gear car.

Yagnasriji, new or used ?

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Postby Yagnasri » 12 Feb 2020 16:55

Used is ok for now. I am starting driving after a long long time.

sajo
BRFite -Trainee

Postby sajo » 12 Feb 2020 17:02

Yagnasri wrote:Used is ok for now. I am starting driving after a long long time.

viewtopic.php?p=2403132#p2403132 , a reply to your earlier query. Pick whichever you find in good condition at a fair price in your area. Used car dealers are mostly crooks, most cars are with a tampered ODO.

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Postby Yagnasri » 12 Feb 2020 17:20

Thank you sirji.

sajo
BRFite -Trainee

Postby sajo » 13 Feb 2020 15:03

Maruti Will Not Send its cars for crash testing to Global NCAP

Classic case of student skipping the exams because failure is nearly guaranteed.

They would claim to meet Bharat NCAP which would probably be an ultra-watered down version of the real thing, making it easy for tin cans to score 5 stars.
Theek hai, as long as the market ignores.

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Postby Aditya_V » 13 Feb 2020 15:42

Thing is I can understand first time buyers to ignore safety but there are quite a few well off folks who have a choice going for Maruti. Thier cars have become extremely light weight and not through use of expensive and lightweight materials found in high end cars, but making them lightweight and low cost. Thier milage is not through technology but just through ultra lightweight cars, also tyres, brakes cheaper parts are used. All this means you a car which is generally cheapest in the segment with fancy electronic features, good power/ torque to weight ratio , good milage and high resale, mainly on account of cheap spares.

Buying Maruti is a good financial decesion at the cost of safety. I hope more Indians start choosing safer options and end this monopoly.

mappunni
BRFite

Postby mappunni » 13 Feb 2020 16:08

Rahul M wrote:MG is selling because most buyers assume it's a British brand, an idea they have tried to promote by getting a well known Brit actor to represent the brand.

The usual Chinki trick is to steal if not then buy a foreign brand and peddle cheap Chinki crap as a western product! :twisted: :twisted:

sajo
BRFite -Trainee

Postby sajo » 13 Feb 2020 16:17

kvraghav wrote:We believe in fate and most of this disregard safety comes from there. I have friends/family who buy Maruti and say that if i have to die, i will die in sleep so no issues. Their only protection is the Ganesha idol on the dashboard and the nimbu that they tie to the bumper.

This is true. My own family chides me for "wasting the seat space" in the car by having a child seat affixed. Part of the same set of people who used to poke fun at me for "wearing a helmet while riding a mere scooty", back in the early 2000s. :D

kvraghav
BRFite

Postby kvraghav » 13 Feb 2020 20:49

Didnt Gopinath Munde die in a low speed car crash because he was not wearing seat belt? I feel Trauma injury can be caused at speeds even less than 50 KMPH.

JayS
Forum Moderator

Postby JayS » 13 Feb 2020 23:12

MOD NOTE - Thread cleaned up. Next nonsense post will earn a formal warning.

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Postby Aditya_V » 19 Feb 2020 17:59

kvraghav wrote:Didnt Gopinath Munde die in a low speed car crash because he was not wearing seat belt? I feel Trauma injury can be caused at speeds even less than 50 KMPH.

In addition to that he was in a Maruti SX4 where the manufacturer does not believe in putting Side impact beams in the doors and uses thin sheet metal to maximize mileage but occupant can feel the force of the collusion.

Return to “Technology & Economic Forum”