Indian Autos Thread -2

The Technology & Economic Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to Technological and Economic developments in India. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Re: Indian Autos Thread -2

Post by Manish_P »

This Startup Has Made India’s 1st All-Electric 60-tonne Truck: 100% Make In India!
India has got its own first all-electric heavy-duty truck by a Gurugram based fleet service provider, Infraprime Logistics Technologies(IPLT). The company is planning to launch its first commercial vehicle in the next 1.5 months.
According to IPLT, India’s first all-electric truck is fully designed, developed and manufactured in India. Siddharth Das, IPLT COO & CO founder while giving more information about this truck said that it uses four computer systems which are motor control, transmission, battery management, and battery charging system.

This truck also becomes the first electric vehicle that has an automatic transmission for a two-speed operation in India.

Subodh Yadav, the CEO & co-founder IPLT, informed that they needed a simulation tool when they started designing the transmission, so they approached a drivetrain design company in Canada. Since they didn’t have a simulation tool for transmission required for 60-tonne truck so IPTL designed its own simulation tool for the same.

The 60-tonne truck is powered by a 276 kWH battery and a top speed of 90 kmph. According to IPTL, It should be able to cover 400 Km without load and 200 Km with load. It is already in the pilot phase and can be seen running on Delhi-Kotputli road.

The company has planned to set up its own charging stations, which is supposed to be designed by the team currently working on this project.
They have also informed that a 30 member team has created two samples of 160 kWh fast chargers, it can charge the electric truck in 90 minutes.
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

Kudos!!!
sajo
BRFite

Post by sajo »

After SAIC, Great Wall and Changan to enter the Indian market.
After SAIC and Great Wall Motor, it’s the turn of Chinese auto major Changan Automobile to get its India plans ready. High-level delegates from China government-owned SUV maker have been regularly visiting India for the last few months and have finalised several decisions pertaining to its India entry, three sources aware of the matter told ET.

This news is so last week

The Chinese are the only ones at the moment I believe have the necessary financial muscle to give a sustainable push in the Indian market. That, and their experience of our propensity to go for cheap trinkety things. I just wish they dont wipe out our automotive sector like they have done for EVERY OTHER sector they are in.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

They have enormous battery manufacturing and recycling capability. They will wipe our guys out by undercutting them, if we let them.
sajo
BRFite

Post by sajo »

Prasad wrote:They have enormous battery manufacturing and recycling capability. They will wipe our guys out by undercutting them, if we let them.
I also have the feeling that the enormous push for electric vehicles as the next best thing for the environment, has the complete backing of the Chinese Li-Ion ecosystem. They plan to make the battery ecosystem the new oil, and thus hold the world by their testaments. Nevermind the carbon footprint left behind by the mining, transport, manufacture of the battery itself apart from the generation of the power, none of which are exactly environment friendly.
sajo
BRFite

Post by sajo »

https://nexonev.tatamotors.com/

What a mighty fine effort, this. The good thing is, it isn't Chinese rebadge job, the battery pack is made in India, and comes with a 8 year battery and powertrain warranty as well.
If I had a requirement (and the wherewithal) for a secondary car, I would give this some serious thought, lack of charging options notwithstanding.

https://youtu.be/YpOKGJxA63Y
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

With 300+ range it should be ok for commuting to work and local usage. Any idea as to price?
sajo
BRFite

Post by sajo »

saip wrote:With 300+ range it should be ok for commuting to work and local usage. Any idea as to price?
As per the website's faq section, between 15-17Lakh rupees. Undercuts the Hyundai Kona by a huge margin. The Wuling/Baojun/MG SAIC offering should be having more trinkets though.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

saip wrote:With 300+ range it should be ok for commuting to work and local usage. Any idea as to price?
That's what Tata claims. It has 30.2 KWHr battery. In actual conditions of a full load of 4-5 passengers, cargo , and with AC on, range will be reduced by half. Some 17 lakhs is quite expensive.
sajo
BRFite

Post by sajo »

Mort Walker wrote: That's what Tata claims. It has 30.2 KWHr battery. In actual conditions of a full load of 4-5 passengers, cargo , and with AC on, range will be reduced by half.
Wont real life conditions apply to the competition as well? All may also see a reduced range given our suboptimal roads, poor traffic, load and weather.
Mort Walker wrote: Some 17 lakhs is quite expensive.
Well, the Hyundai Kona, which looks like a Raised i20 is much more expensive than this, you can buy an Electric Nexon + a base variant diesel Nexon in Kona Money for highway runs. I am hoping it will create a segment of its own. I dont think there is any other competition in the EV space at the moment. E2O has been discontinued, the Tigor EV comes with a piddly 40hp engine and costs 12 odd lakh rupees. You can claim an additional 1.5 Lakh rupees as a tax deduction on the interest paid on an EV loan.
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

For a benchmark, Nissan Leaf with 40 kwh battery claims a range of 240 kms.
neerajb
BRFite

Post by neerajb »

Mort Walker wrote:
That's what Tata claims. It has 30.2 KWHr battery. In actual conditions of a full load of 4-5 passengers, cargo , and with AC on, range will be reduced by half. Some 17 lakhs is quite expensive.
Not exactly. Mahindra eVerito is being used by my employer as cab. As per the driver, claimed range is around 120 Km but it delivers 100 km consistently in Delhi's summer with full load. So 20-30% reduction is expected not 50%. Also, assuming cooling loads will be same for Nexon and eVerito, the bigger battery pack will have lesser degradation in range. Only thing against tata cars is that they are usually on the higher side weight wise even for EVs. Overall Nexon EV looks good. If they can reduce the weight (it's an EV) and make it more affordable (somehow), it could be a good proposition.

Cheers....
sajo
BRFite

Post by sajo »

Wonder why cheaper EVs never worked here. The E2O was a never a big seller, though slightly better than Reva. An E-Nano would have met a similar fate, but would have been the perfect city runabout.
I can see many EVeritos running around in Pune, primarily as Cabs operated by someone called "Lithium". Never seen an E-Tigor so far.
neerajb
BRFite

Post by neerajb »

sajo wrote:the Tigor EV comes with a piddly 40hp engine and costs 12 odd lakh rupees.
The torque curve of electric motors is pretty flat and quite independent of RPM unlike an ICE. EV's drivability is super smooth and almost linear unlike an ICE and is great in an urban environment. The 100 bhp ICE would be generating those 100 horses when the engine is screaming at 4-5K, how many of us and during what percentage of total drive drives at 4-5K? Most of the regular guys stay within 2-3K rpm and in that range EV has better drivability than ICE due to flat torque even with seemingly piddly motors. At 2-3K, ICE would be generating 40-50% of peak power so that 100 bhp is quite misleading.

Yes the top speed of a regular EV will be less than SUV ICE, but for a city commuter that has little/no significance.

Cheers....
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

EVs are very sensitive to driving habits. My Tesla 3 is rated for 310 miles when I bought it but few months later they boosted it to 325 (about 5% increase). Anyway now on full charge I get 315 miles or a loss of 3% loss in one year. I normally charge it to 90% (range 280-285) unless I am planning on a long trip. Then it would be 100% or around 310-315. My car comes with 75 KW battery. When I drive I do get full range or little more. No jack rabbit starts, no hard braking, smooth acceleration etc. I do use A/C and heat) But when my wife drives (it is her car BTW) we end up getting about 80% range. It has much better acceleration than my ICE.
Before this I had Chevy Volt rated for 53 miles. I used to manage 65-70 mile range on it. My wife barely managed 45. Even in CA the range drops in winter with temps in 50s.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

I am planning to buy a second-hand small car in India relearn driving as I was not driving a car for almost a decade. I am looking for Auto gear one. I plan to use it for a year and then look to buy a new one. Which small car gurus here suggest. Thanks in advance.
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

All small cars come with AMT. This is not pure Auto and will have jerky movements. The handling may become tricky on inclines . You have to select auto with hill hold function. I would suggest Ford aspire or polo gt tsi
sajo
BRFite

Post by sajo »

Yagnasri wrote:I am planning to buy a second-hand small car in India relearn driving as I was not driving a car for almost a decade. I am looking for Auto gear one. I plan to use it for a year and then look to buy a new one. Which small car gurus here suggest. Thanks in advance.
In the pre-owned market you can find quite a few "proper" automatics, not AMTs. Actually proper automatics are all but gone from the hatch and the compact sedan segment in the new car sales. Depending on the budget and your location, I recommend the following :

1. Honda Brio AT -> Good 5 Speed AT. Reliable, easy to service. Surprisingly competent on the highway. Sold in fair numbers in urban areas, mostly as a second car. Dual Airbags and ABS standard on later iterations as base automatics were discontinued. I own one. :wink:

2. Hyundai i10 AT/Grand i10 AT -> 4 Spd AT. Nice and easy to own thanks to Hyundai's service network and reliability. Not as fuel efficient as the Brio. Sold well. Dual Airbags and ABS may or may not be available thanks to variant mix-n-match throughout its life cycle.

3. Nissan Micra CVT -> CVT. Great build quality. Not a sales success so resale is an issue, good for the used car buyer though. 3 Cyl engine, but isnt half as bad. Variants with Dual airbags and ABS available. Dealers keep shutting shop. Nissan may quit India.

4. Older Dzire (Gen2) -> 4 Spd AT again. Not available in the top trim. Safety features only available in the mythical "(O)" variant. Good luck in finding one though.

5. Honda Amaze AT -> CVT/5 Speed AT, all the advantages of point1 with the addition of boot. Facelift versions came with a CVT, previously a 5 Spd AT.

6. Baleno CVT , Jazz CVT -> spacious, economical, safety standard in Baleno and available in Jazz. You can safely buy one and keep for a long time, but dont really recommend doing it since cheaper cars listed above can serve your buy-and-sell-within-a-year case very well.
sajo
BRFite

Post by sajo »

Mitsubishi India requests government to extend BS-VI deadline

Apparently Mitsubishi India representatives met Nitin Gadkari and requested him to extend the BS6 deadline. Not that its going to matter, since I did not even know that Mitsubishi sells cars in India anymore. Classic case of squandering away all the goodwill they had earned from their Lancer days.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Thank you Sajoji.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Indian Autos Thread -2

Post by Peregrine »

Maruti Suzuki, M&M beat year-end blues, post rise in domestic sales figures – PTI

NEW DELHI: The country's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India and Mahindra & Mahindra on Wednesday reported rise in their domestic sales in December, even as Hyundai and Toyota posted negative growth.

Beating the year-end blues Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) said its domestic sales were at 1,24,375 units in December as against 1,21,479 units in the same month a year ago, registering a growth of 2.4 per cent.

The company said its compact segment comprising New WagonR, Swift, Celerio, Ignis, Baleno, Dzire recorded sales of 65,673 units last month as compared to 51,346 units in December 2018, a growth of 27.9 per cent.

Sales of utility vehicles, including Gypsy, Ertiga, XL6, S-Cross and Vitara Brezza, were at 23,808 units as compared to 20,225 units in the same month in 2018, a growth of 17.7 per cent.

However, the mini segment comprising Alto, S-Presso and Old WagonR witnessed a decline of 13.6 per cent at 23,883 units as compared to 27,649 units in December 2018.

Mahindra & Mahindra also posted domestic sales of 37,081 units in December as compared to 36,690 units in the same month previous year, up 1 per cent.

READ REPORT | 2019 Mahindra TUV300 long term review : Living with the Urban Bolero

"Our performance in the month of December is as per year end sales outlook and currently we are also comfortable with our overall stock levels," M&M chief of sales and marketing, automotive division Veejay Ram Nakra said.

READ REPORT | Mahindra XUV300 review : New Avtar in second innings

He further said, "as we get into the new year, we are fully equipped to roll out our BSVI products and have taken all requisite measures for a smooth transition over the next three months."

Hyundai said its domestic sales were at 37,953 units in December 2019 as compared to 42,093 units in the same month previous year, down 9.8 per cent.

Domestic sales last year were at 510,260 units as against 550,002 units in 2018, a decline of 7.2 per cent, it added.

Commenting on the sales performance, HMIL director sales, marketing and service Tarung Garg said, "the year 2019 has been a challenging year for the Indian automotive industry. Even in such adverse conditions, Hyundai Motor India as committed has launched 4 new benchmark products in different segments."

Toyota Kirloskar Motor's domestic sales in December 2019 stood at 6,544 units as compared to 11,836 units in the same month in 2018, down 45 per cent.

READ REVIEW | Toyota Glanza CVT. Maruti Suzuki Boleno-rival, reviewed

The company said its domestic sales in 2019, stood at 1,26,701 units in 2019 as 2019 compared to 1,51,480 units in 2018, down 16.36 per cent, the company said.

"We are happy that there has been a continued positive retail sales momentum despite the overall slowdown in the industry. We currently don't cater to the entire market with our products, although the segments we represent have shown de-growth of around 22 per cent, yet our de-growth as compared to the segment has been much lesser," Toyota Kirloskar Motor Senior Vice President, Sales and Service Naveen Soni said.

MG Motor India reported retail sales of 3,021 units in December 2019.

"As a new entrant in the Indian market, the robust sales momentum of our first offering, the HECTOR, has been very encouraging. We are working closely with our global and local suppliers to increase the production of the HECTOR in 2020 to support the booking backlog," MG Motor India director – Sales Rakesh Sidana said.

Cheers Image
sajo
BRFite

Post by sajo »

Tata Altroz scores a 5-star crash safety rating in the Global NCAP Tests.
TATA Altroz
The Altroz achieved a solid five stars for adult occupant protection and three stars for child occupant protection. The Altroz offers 2 frontal airbags as standard. Its structure and its footwell area were rated as stable. Head and neck protection for adult occupants was good. Chest protection for both adults was adequate. Child occupant protection showed good protection for the 18 month old dummy with the CRS installed rearward facing and using the standard ISOFIX anchorages. The 3 year old CRS was installed forward facing, the backrest of the seat unlatched during the crash due to the load of the top tether which was a reason for a score reduction. The head contact of the 3 years old dummy with the interior of the car, the lack of three point belts in all seating positions, and the lack of possibility of disconnecting the passenger airbag when a rearward facing CRS is installed in the passenger seat explain the three star rating for child occupant protection.

Kudos to Tata !

Source : http://www.globalncap.org/tatas-second- ... rotection/

IF you go the market leaders, would be met with the standard "Our cars comply with the safety norms of the land" response, which, till recently, meant that they had to comply with nothing at all.
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

sajo wrote:Tata Altroz scores a 5-star crash safety rating in the Global NCAP Tests.
TATA Altroz
The Altroz achieved a solid five stars for adult occupant protection and three stars for child occupant protection. The Altroz offers 2 frontal airbags as standard. Its structure and its footwell area were rated as stable. Head and neck protection for adult occupants was good. Chest protection for both adults was adequate. Child occupant protection showed good protection for the 18 month old dummy with the CRS installed rearward facing and using the standard ISOFIX anchorages. The 3 year old CRS was installed forward facing, the backrest of the seat unlatched during the crash due to the load of the top tether which was a reason for a score reduction. The head contact of the 3 years old dummy with the interior of the car, the lack of three point belts in all seating positions, and the lack of possibility of disconnecting the passenger airbag when a rearward facing CRS is installed in the passenger seat explain the three star rating for child occupant protection.

Kudos to Tata !

Source : http://www.globalncap.org/tatas-second- ... rotection/

IF you go the market leaders, would be met with the standard "Our cars comply with the safety norms of the land" response, which, till recently, meant that they had to comply with nothing at all.
Yup, been selling dangerous tin cans for years under a government monopoly till very recently
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

sajo wrote:Apparently Mitsubishi India representatives met Nitin Gadkari and requested him to extend the BS6 deadline.
sajo ji, as per my chaiwala, GoI is rethinking their jumping to BS6 directly which is equivalent to Euro VI, IIRC. Please do correct, if I am wrong.
sajo
BRFite

Post by sajo »

Vayutuvan wrote: sajo ji, as per my chaiwala, GoI is rethinking their jumping to BS6 directly which is equivalent to Euro VI, IIRC. Please do correct, if I am wrong.
Vayutuvanji, most OEMs have already made the switch to BS6, or will do it in a month or so Max. Test mules are already out on the road. Even motorized ox-carts like the Mahindra Bolero and the Force Trax have made the switch or will in the next month or so. I dont think they would have done so without getting the inkling that GOI is not going to budge on the deadlines. MoT was unmoved in 2017 when the two wheeler OEMs were hopelessly lax thinking the deadline wont be firm, and had to resort to a fire sale before Apr1. This time they are all much much better position.
sajo
BRFite

Post by sajo »

Chinese Car maker MG's Hector model has had a spate of fire incidents recently. The car maker has quickly shown typical Chinese high-handedness by covering it up. Even articles in mainstream press were taken off.

https://www.rushlane.com/mg-hector-fire ... 50432.html

^^ This is hogwash.
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

sajo wrote:Chinese Car maker MG's Hector model has had a spate of fire incidents recently. The car maker has quickly shown typical Chinese high-handedness by covering it up. Even articles in mainstream press were taken off.

https://www.rushlane.com/mg-hector-fire ... 50432.html

^^ This is hogwash.
The owners virtually saying he added some extra accessories and the company adding that there was used cloth residue in the car is more convoluted than a Bollywood potboiler.
sajo
BRFite

Post by sajo »

There was also a case recently wherein an owner had issues with his Baojun 530 (MG Hector) and demonstrated in front of the dealership. SAIC ended up suing the owner instead of resolving his issues.
sajo
BRFite

Post by sajo »

nandakumar wrote: The owners virtually saying he added some extra accessories and the company adding that there was used cloth residue in the car is more convoluted than a Bollywood potboiler.
Bhel, 2 cars with the same issue? The Baojuns/Wulings must be getting awfully dirty on the inside prompting owners to open the hood and start wiping their engine bays. :lol:

Curiously, EVERY SINGLE WEBSITE carrying/debating this news was down briefly earlier in the day. Standard Chinese pressure tactics then.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

I always find it funny when GoI keeps moving to more and more stringent Bharat-4,5,6 pollution norms for private vehicles. The norms have been steadily made more strict year after year since the original Euro-I and II norms first came into force in the late-90's/early 2000's. However the vehicular pollution in our cities has just gotten worse and worse. Nearly all of it is due to particulate pollution from old, poorly maintained diesel engines on trucks and autorickshaws which these Bharat-X norms do nothing about. The planned introduction of the B-VI norms may have contributed in no small measure to the auto-sector slowdown and in turn the overall economic slowdown. They will have zero effect on the pollution levels in our cities even after they come into effect.
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

nachiket wrote:I always find it funny when GoI keeps moving to more and more stringent Bharat-4,5,6 pollution norms for private vehicles. The norms have been steadily made more strict year after year since the original Euro-I and II norms first came into force in the late-90's/early 2000's. However the vehicular pollution in our cities has just gotten worse and worse. Nearly all of it is due to particulate pollution from old, poorly maintained diesel engines on trucks and autorickshaws which these Bharat-X norms do nothing about. The planned introduction of the B-VI norms may have contributed in no small measure to the auto-sector slowdown and in turn the overall economic slowdown. They will have zero effect on the pollution levels in our cities even after they come into effect.

Diesel truck engines do have BS requirements. They typically lag private cars, but they still do. Autos - those should be straight up banned or electric only.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Raveen wrote: Diesel truck engines do have BS requirements. They typically lag private cars, but they still do. Autos - those should be straight up banned or electric only.
Not only do the norms lag private cars but the problem is that Diesel engines require regular maintenance to make sure particulate pollution levels are in check. Most of the commercial vehicles are very old however and poorly maintained (which is why we see so many broken down on highways too). And most of them keep pumping out black smoke like an old coal fired railway engine. Same with Rickshaws. How many private vehicles do we see smoking like that? GoI can make Bharat-VI as stringent as possible. It is not going to solve any real world problems while causing different ones (like the slowdown in sales).
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

nachiket wrote: Not only do the norms lag private cars but the problem is that Diesel engines require regular maintenance to make sure particulate pollution levels are in check. Most of the commercial vehicles are very old however and poorly maintained (which is why we see so many broken down on highways too). And most of them keep pumping out black smoke like an old coal fired railway engine. Same with Rickshaws. How many private vehicles do we see smoking like that? GoI can make Bharat-VI as stringent as possible. It is not going to solve any real world problems while causing different ones (like the slowdown in sales).
BS-VI norms are meant to address diesel pollution, more than petrol. Petrol vehicle pollution reduction is expected to be modest with BS-VI implementation, because their pollution levels are relatively low. Diesel vehicles are expected to show bigger pollution reduction.

But there's two parts to BS-VI implementation. The fuel (part I), and the vehicle or engine design (part II). The fuel can be burned even in older BS-IV vehicles. The sulphur level in the fuel is reduced by 80% in BS-VI fuel, compared to BS-IV (10 ppm, vs. 50 ppm). Since sulphur clogs the catalytic converters, it also reduces the efficiency of reduction of other pollutants like NOx. So low sulphur reduces SO2 correspondingly, and also yields reduction in other gaseous pollutants.

But reducing particulates goes to the engine design or vehicle design. Especially the presence of a DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter). Burning BS-VI fuel in older BS-IV vehicles will not make a difference in particulates, the DPF is not present in BS-IV vehicles. So it's no wonder that, despite BS-VI fuel being available in several cities, including the whole of the NCR, for months now, particulate levels haven't come down. The vehicle design has to change for that. I don't know if SO2 or NOx are being monitored as feverishly as particulate numbers. Everybody seems to report only particulates, when they scream that Delhi is one of the most polluted cities on the planet.

But - just because BS-VI vehicles will be on the market from April 1st, it doesn't mean that particulates are going to immediately reduce. It depends on the scrappage policy for older vehicles. Sort of like - ensuring 100% primary school enrollment does not immediately raise literacy rates - it will have to wait till the older generation moves on.

This is why I'm cheering the early introduction (pushed forward by 4 years) of BS-VI, skipping BS-V. Delaying BS-VI would have locked in pollution for years, maybe even a decade to come. Now there's a better chance of faster reduction in pollution.
mappunni
BRFite

Post by mappunni »

Did anyone notice this year AutoExpo a slew of Chinki Companies peddling their sub-standard ware? And why is GOI allowing imports of the crappy 2 bit products from Cheen?
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

Just a matter of time before the Chinese autos become common on Indian roads. They have the strategy of offering more features at lower prices to overcome the stigma of poor quality of chinese products. They have already tasted success with Hector. No reason not to believe that they can repeat their success story of cell phones also in the auto sector.
shaun
BRFite

Post by shaun »

^^^^^ maybe not , people here are more brand conscious when it comes to purchasing 4 wheelers.
Krita
BRFite

Post by Krita »

Tata motors and Kia were stars of this year's Delhi auto expo. Chinese stalls were not very crowded due to the copycat substandard wares they were peddling (except for may be MG due the new MPV they have unveiled), Haima will take the award for worst of the lot with their SUVs resembling the Alien.
Tata motors HBX and Sierra a, Kia's Sonet and Niro concepts and Hyundai Creta were the ones drawing the crowds. VW and Skoda was also interesting with their Tiguan, Taigun and T roc concepts.
This was the least crowded and most underwhelming Delhi Auto Expo I have attended with the absence of Honda, Toyota, Audi and BMW and corona virus scare. Chinese were confined to their hotel room and have media interviews through video conferencing. Did not see many Chinese and even Japanese and Koreans were in lesser number this time.
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

I think KIA has messed-up introduction of its Carnival van by producing a ridiculous ad. Makes no sense even if you are paying apt attention on it, so forget about it creating any impressions for casual viewers.
mappunni
BRFite

Post by mappunni »

Vips wrote:Just a matter of time before the Chinese autos become common on Indian roads. They have the strategy of offering more features at lower prices to overcome the stigma of poor quality of Chinese products. They have already tasted success with Hector. No reason not to believe that they can repeat their success story of cell phones also in the auto sector.
The stigma of poor quality will surely impact Chinki products. No wonder there have multiple instances of Chinki made MG Motors self-combusting and others complaining of poor quality that so much that under a year it's falling apart!
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

MG is selling because most buyers assume it's a British brand, an idea they have tried to promote by getting a well known Brit actor to represent the brand.