Electric vehicle and power storage

The Technology & Economic Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to Technological and Economic developments in India. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
csaurabh
BRFite

Re: Electric vehicle and power storage

Post by csaurabh »

nachiket wrote:I have a question about using electrolysis for commercial H2 production. Won't you have to put in as much energy (plus some more due to <100% efficiency) to split H2 and O2, that you will eventually get back from the H2 in the fuel cell? There is no net energy obtained then is there? How is this sustainable? Might be better to invest in transmission instead to make an EV charging infrastructure possible.
The H2 in this case is just a storage medium ( like Lithium battery). Additionally its advantage over the lithium battery are faster refilling time (vs recharging), and better energy density.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Uttam wrote: Think of electrolysis to produce H as a battery. Li-ion batteries are almost 99% efficient for short-term storage but they have many problems. They cost a lot, they lose charge over time, supply of Lithium is limited and strategically controlled, etc. The electrolysis H has a potential to serve as a battery for excess production from renewals. Current electrolysis tech has conversion efficiency of 60-70%. It will be similar to pumped storage (about 80%).
csaurabh wrote: The H2 in this case is just a storage medium ( like Lithium battery). Additionally its advantage over the lithium battery are faster refilling time (vs recharging), and better energy density.
Ok this makes sense. I was making the mistake of considering it as a renewable energy source, which it is definitely not, unlike solar, fossil fuels or Uranium.

Vayutuvan, I know most H2 produced today is from Natural gas, but that is not a renewable source. Might as well use the natural gas itself then.

As for the argument that using H2 fuel cells does not produce CO2 (unlike burning Methane for example), well it still produces water vapor which is also a greenhouse gas. Now the recent "zero emission" future aircraft concepts revealed by Airbus which run on H2 fuel cells make even less sense. Releasing large amounts of water vapor into the atmosphere at high altitude is nearly as bad as releasing CO2. Neither is the H2 a renewable energy source as discussed. So what problem are these aircraft supposed to solve escapes me.
csaurabh
BRFite

Post by csaurabh »

H2 being produced from electrolysis of water then just produces the same water back after burning ( ie. used in fuel cell ). Nothing gained, nothing lost. Its just a storage medium. Same concept with biofuels. Also, nothing wrong releasing water high into the atmosphere. They are clouds.

If the electricity for producing H2 comes from renewables then H2 essentially behaves as a renewable energy source.
la.khan
BRFite

Post by la.khan »

Some potential sources of Hydrogen are methane (CH₄), ammonia (NH₃), and water (H₂O).
Methane is natural gas (a fossil fuel) and is the most efficient way to extract H₂ as each molecule of methane releases 4 atoms of H₂. However, the carbon atom combines with O₂ in the atmosphere to form CO & CO₂. Ammonia is manufactured industrial quantities using Bosch Haber process. Raw material to produce ammonia is again methane. Water is abundantly available on Earth. However, not all water can be used for electrolysis. Ground water is hard water & seawater has too much salts. River water may be ideal.

There are many types of Hydrogens in the nascent H₂ industry.

1. Grey hydrogen: Uses coal to process methane, captures H₂, releases CO & CO₂ into the atmosphere. For the last few decades, this was the preferred way to produce hydrogen. Efficient but bad for environment & climate. The world must step away from this.

2. Green hydrogen: Same as above except using coal, use solar and/or wind to process methane, capture H₂, release CO & CO₂ into the atmosphere. Since coal is replaced by combination of solar/wind, pollution is down. However, the byproduct of CO & CO₂ are still harmful.

3. Blue hydrogen: Use water to separate H₂ and O₂ using electrolysis. Capture H₂ and release O₂ into the atmosphere as is or as water vapour. This is the most preferred way to do it. From wikipedia, I see that it is the least efficient method to produce H₂ (25%). On the upside, this method is already superior to petrol/diesel internal combustion engine (where tank to wheel conversion is 22-23%).

This is what I have learnt in the last few months reading H₂ news. I am willing to be corrected and here to learn.

I hope Tata/Ambani/Mahindra can get started on these emerging technologies so that we can have H₂ economy in India. This is an evolving space and Europe is ahead in research, production, storage, distribution and usage of H₂. I hear Europe has hundreds of H₂ gas stations and they have heavy trucks that deliver H₂, powered by H₂ :shock:
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

nachiket wrote:Vayutuvan, I know most H2 produced today is from Natural gas, but that is not a renewable source. Might as well use the natural gas itself then.
NG is not the only methane source. There are other sources of methane that are better than renewable; they are sustainable.

Think second-generation and third-generation bio-methane. The second-generation technology is commercially viable right now. If you want, I will get you in touch with people who will give you a bankable project report. The third generation (algae farming) will be feasible in a decade or at most two.

Bio-methane: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renewable_natural_gas

Process: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaerobic_digestion

European countries, especially Germany, are far ahead in Biogas technology.

The downside is that their processes are first-generation - the feedstock is the entire plant, including the edible parts. For example, the entire corn plant is fed into the digestor, corn cobs, and all.

In the second-generation process, taking the corn plant as the example feedstock, cobs can be separated and used for food, while only other biomass from the plant can be fed into the diegstor.

There is a company in Pune, which has a patented process, which competes with first-generation German processes. The netric to be used is how much biomethane per USD or INR spent.

Thrid-generation is algae grown in glass tube networks indoors or other energy crops. This is mostly at the research stage. Economics has not been worked out yet.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

nachiket wrote:Releasing large amounts of water vapor into the atmosphere at high altitude is nearly as bad as releasing CO2.
Air travel is the last application for Biomethane. The most immediate applications are injection into the gas grid, automobiles converted to PNG, as a heating source in industrial processes, cooking gas (subsumed by injection into the gas grid), and possibly electricity generation for biomethane generation facility operations and possibly injecting into the electric grid.

The biomethane plants themselves require some amount of electricity to operate shredding the feedstock, stirring, and compressor to compress generated biomethane, and bricking the undigested residue. This residue can be used as fertilizer, especially if the biomass feedstock is mixed with chicken litter. It can also be used in industrial boilers after it is bricked. The calorific value is equal to coal on a one-to-one basis.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Mort Walker wrote:That's why a fuel cell which cracks natural gas CH4 is so important. The infrastructure to transport it exists, but a viable technology to separate the C-H bond doesn't at this time.
A better application is to convert automobile ICE to run on Biogas. Fuelcell tech can come later. Please see my post above. There are several other applications for Biomethane. If and when Fuel cells become commercially viable, Biomethane can be used in place of NG.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_reforming
Steam reforming or steam methane reforming is a method for producing syngas (hydrogen and carbon monoxide) by a reaction of hydrocarbons with water. Commonly natural gas is the feedstock. The main purpose of this technology is hydrogen production. The reaction is represented by this equilibrium:[1]

CH4 + H2O ⇌ CO + 3 H2
The reaction is strongly endothermic (consumes heat, ΔHr= 206 kJ/mol).

Steam reforming of natural gas produces most of the world's hydrogen. Hydrogen is used in the industrial synthesis of ammonia and other chemicals.[2]
Part of Biomethane can supply the heat while the majority of the Biomethane is used up in the process to generate syngas.
Last edited by Vayutuvan on 20 Nov 2020 03:13, edited 2 times in total.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

la.khan wrote:I hear Europe has hundreds of H₂ gas stations and they have heavy trucks that deliver H₂, powered by H₂ :shock:
Sweden uses Methane in the ICE of automobiles.
Rishirishi
BRFite

Post by Rishirishi »

Vayutuvan wrote:
la.khan wrote:I hear Europe has hundreds of H₂ gas stations and they have heavy trucks that deliver H₂, powered by H₂ :shock:
Sweden uses Methane in the ICE of automobiles.
H2 has so far not found many users. H2 has to be transported and filling stations are not easy to find.

EV's have fared much better. In Norway, close to 50% of new car sold are 100% electric. The main reason is the price (tax holiday). People find they cheap to drive, they are much smoother, faster, quiet and require close to no maintenance.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

vinamr_s
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vinamr_s »

A Bengaluru based Indian start-up, Pravaig Dynamics, has announced that they'll launch their EV next year.

https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto/ca ... 90119.html

Range = 504 km
0 to 100 in 5.4 seconds
Top-speed = 194 km/hr
Charge to 80% in 30 minutes
Torque at wheels = 2400 N-m
Power Output = 150 KW

Although, their Instagram page only consists of Blender models :) so it's time until we can be sure of their launch plans.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

https://www.cityu.edu.hk/media/news/202 ... -led-bulbs
Their findings were published in the latest issue of the highly prestigious scientific journal Nature under the title “A droplet-based electricity generator with high instantaneous power density”.

DEG
Fig a is the schematic diagram of DEG: an ITO glass slide is coated with a thin film of PTFE and an aluminium electrode is put on top of it. Drops of water act as the gate of the transistor and complete the circuit when they hit the surface of the glass. Fig b is the optical image showing four parallel DEG devices fabricated on the glass substrate.
A conventional droplet energy generator based on the triboelectric effect can generate electricity induced by contact electrification and electrostatic induction when a droplet hits a surface. However, the amount of charge generated on the surface is limited by the interfacial effect, and as a result, the energy conversion efficiency is quite low.
asgkhan
BRFite

Post by asgkhan »

Got myself a EV bicycle. Brand is Gozero.

Cost is 30K. Has a range of 30km on throttle mode and 50 km on pedal assist. So called range figures are from the manufacturer.

The product is good. Battery cells are from LG. I use this now to potter around the residence for fitness and doing time-pass.

Battery charges for 2-3 hours and quite comfy to ride around the neighbourhood.

Thanks to my dodgy knee I am slowly getting into fitness mode thanks to this bike. So many e-bikes have flooded the market. The prices are not at all reasonable. zero features, wonky A$$ support or whatsapp only support, poor range etc. etc.

Once office opens up imma gonna bounce around from house to office in this lil bike.

Loving it so far. I will keep the reviews updated maybe every once a month.
Rishirishi
BRFite

Post by Rishirishi »

asgkhan wrote:Got myself a EV bicycle. Brand is Gozero.

Cost is 30K. Has a range of 30km on throttle mode and 50 km on pedal assist. So called range figures are from the manufacturer.

The product is good. Battery cells are from LG. I use this now to potter around the residence for fitness and doing time-pass.

Battery charges for 2-3 hours and quite comfy to ride around the neighbourhood.

Thanks to my dodgy knee I am slowly getting into fitness mode thanks to this bike. So many e-bikes have flooded the market. The prices are not at all reasonable. zero features, wonky A$$ support or whatsapp only support, poor range etc. etc.

Once office opens up imma gonna bounce around from house to office in this lil bike.

Loving it so far. I will keep the reviews updated maybe every once a month.
Look forward to your posts. It is high time people start using E-bikes in stead of the noisy and polluting scooters. 3
asgkhan
BRFite

Post by asgkhan »

I was always interested in getting back to cycling. There is a stationary bike in my room. But it gets boring. I tried watching some netflix series, but after 30 mins I stopped.

Then the thought struck me on ebikes. I researched online found some good models and reviews, but most of them were not in supply thanks to chinese virus. The supply chain market was totally disrupted and online portals showed out of stock.

Fortunately, on Amazon, I got hold of this model and brand looked promising. Placed the order on September 1st. Then started the excruciating pain. Finally last week of October it reached my home. Called up the local cycle guy who services @ home.

He came down, assembled it. Took for a test drive next day. Problems started creeping. The wheels were wobbly (spokes were loose), brakes were not gripping correctly and the pedal assist had a mind of it's own.

To add to the frustration, everytime I connected the battery charger, sparks would fly out.

I called up their support number, the lady who was handling it, her grandmother died, and for a week I could not get in touch with anyone in the company.

Just when I was cursing myself for thinking this is a lemon product, the service technician called me up and walked me through in fixing the problem by sharing videos on whatsapp.

So far I have fixed all the problems and there are few glitches still, but I am a happy customer so far.

Following accessories were purchased on amazon -
1. 2 sets headlights (usb powered)
2. 1 set flashing tail lamp (usb powered)
3. A hang on bag to store my mobile and knick knacks.
4. 2 sets of locks, brand decathlon.
5. Most important, gel based cycling shorts as my butt screams in agony whenever I go on a bump.
6. Additional gel seat cover to provide bit more comfort.
asgkhan
BRFite

Post by asgkhan »

I highly recommend oldies above 40 to get a ebike. The pedal assist makes it easier to go on inclines and your knees will thank you. I cycle now daily for 30 Kms for around 90 mins.

The sunlight, air and going out has reduced cabin fever and my HBA1C has come to good control.

I am addicted now to go around nearby narrow streets and bylanes and see what street connects to where.

The reason I chose this brand was stealth. It looks like a normal bike, battery will look like a bottle holder.

Plus I wanted to gradually ramp up cycling manually from current 30% manual / 70% pedal assist to maximum manual over a period of time. Everyday I look forward now for those 2-3 hours of lazily biking around the residential areas.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Great story on ebikes.

OT: As someone who's a bicyclist, I want to mention the knee issue - it's a very typical sign that your seat is too low. Consider raising it a little (experiment with it to suit your flexibility), and using pedal straps instead of platform pedals - it enables you to harness the power of the whole range of motion of your legs and avoid injuries.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

asgkhan, what is the pricing range for assisted ebikes? Also you mentioned starting trouble when assembling, how is the weather proofing of the electrical components? Major fun of cycling in Trivandrum are the hilly ups and downs, but not during regular rains. If it goes phut during the worst uphill climb on a rainy day....

(I was surprised to see standup ebikes worth 4000$ in youtuber reviews in US! That is hefty and with tiny wheels, thoroughly unusable for Indian sidewalks or roads)
asgkhan
BRFite

Post by asgkhan »

Suraj wrote:Great story on ebikes.

OT: As someone who's a bicyclist, I want to mention the knee issue - it's a very typical sign that your seat is too low. Consider raising it a little (experiment with it to suit your flexibility), and using pedal straps instead of platform pedals - it enables you to harness the power of the whole range of motion of your legs and avoid injuries.
I get knee pains when climbing the stairs. I have the seat height setup perfectly.
asgkhan
BRFite

Post by asgkhan »

hnair wrote:asgkhan, what is the pricing range for assisted ebikes? Also you mentioned starting trouble when assembling, how is the weather proofing of the electrical components? Major fun of cycling in Trivandrum are the hilly ups and downs, but not during regular rains. If it goes phut during the worst uphill climb on a rainy day....

(I was surprised to see standup ebikes worth 4000$ in youtuber reviews in US! That is hefty and with tiny wheels, thoroughly unusable for Indian sidewalks or roads)
The price range is cheapest from Hero starting at 24k to highest at around 1 lakh+. Depends if you want stealth or want to stand out in the crowd. The wires are all hidden inside the frame and have water proof wire covers. But riding in rain will never be a good idea anyways.

The bike comes assembled 90 %. Only the front wheel has to be snapped in to the frame. If you live around apartments, there are neighbourhood bike repair guys who visit the residence to repair, you can get them to assemble and do regular maintenance.
dsreedhar
BRFite

Post by dsreedhar »

I have been looking for an electric scooter for my elderly father. It can be even petrol scooter but with simple switch starter rather than kick. Also one which is 3-wheel for help with balance. I have ran into a couple of them but not enough power or seem reliable.
Are there any good ones out there?
Is there a market for this in India that should be explored?
asgkhan
BRFite

Post by asgkhan »

The bike handlebars were low. I was crouching @ 45 degree angle. This put enormous stress on my wrists and thumbs.

More than 10 minutes, I have to slow down and pedal single handed, giving some rest to wrists alternatively.

Ordered the handlebar stem from amazon and fixed it on my cycle, increasing the height, and now the angle is 80 degrees providing much relief. I used the pedal assist only 50 % having a good workout today.

I am so happy with this minor improvement. Next month, I will save some money and go for a suspension seat post. That will stop transferring the shock to my spine on bad roads.

My goal is to reduce pedal assist to 20 % only on long inclines. The workout will easily burn 400 to 800 calories for the day.

Combined with my diet of brown rice for lunch and steamed veggies for dinner, I should get my hba1c under control and reach the target weight of 70 kgs by end of 2021.
asgkhan
BRFite

Post by asgkhan »

dsreedhar wrote:I have been looking for an electric scooter for my elderly father. It can be even petrol scooter but with simple switch starter rather than kick. Also one which is 3-wheel for help with balance. I have ran into a couple of them but not enough power or seem reliable.
Are there any good ones out there?
Is there a market for this in India that should be explored?
Old horse is Ather, Bajaj has come with electric scooter branded under "Chetak". TVS has recently launched iQube. AVON is another company into mini scooters. The Supermarket in my neighborhood has around half a dozen of these scooters for home delivery.

For light weight only option is scooty. If you dont care about image, then go for TVS moped. The current models come with electric start and good suspension.
dsreedhar
BRFite

Post by dsreedhar »

Thank you asgkhan. Any with 3-wheel? That would really help with balance and support.
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

I would go for a TVS50 any day due to the bigger wheel and the road stability it offers. scooters are dangerous due to the small wheel size...
Rishirishi
BRFite

Post by Rishirishi »

[quote]Did QuantumScape Just Solve a 40-Year-Old Battery Problem?
Earlier this year, the startup claimed to have a revolutionary solid-state lithium-ion cell that could change EVs forever. Now it has data to prove it.[/quote]

And it is founded by a Desi, Jagdeep Singh. Backed by no other then Volkswagen and Bill gates. And valued 35 billion dollars

https://www.wired.com/story/quantumscap ... e-battery/

On Tuesday, for the first time, QuantumScape’s cofounder and CEO, Jagdeep Singh, publicly revealed test results for the company’s solid-state battery. Singh says the battery resolved all of the core challenges that have plagued solid-state batteries in the past, such as incredibly short lifetimes and slow charging rate. According to QuantumScape’s data, its cell can charge to 80 percent of capacity in 15 minutes, it retains more than 80 percent of its capacity after 800 charging cycles, it’s noncombustible, and it has a volumetric energy density of more than 1,000 watt-hours per liter at the cell level, which is nearly double the energy density of top-shelf commercial lithium-ion cells.
asgkhan
BRFite

Post by asgkhan »

Any idea why petrol is hitting 90 Rs mark?

https://www.thebetterindia.com/247713/j ... st-rs-700/

If this continues, middle class will start to look @ EVs as an option. Hope Tata and Maruti can come up with a starter vehicle with minimum 300 kms range.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Two reasons - the international crude price has gone up from mid-$30s during the peak covid months to mid-$50s now. Also, around 2/3rd of the fuel price in India is from taxes , and the government recently hiked the excise duty taking the price for a litre of petrol close to the magic three digit number.

EVs don't yet have an infrastructure in India to be widely adapted. Besides, with power boards under the firm control of the state governments, if EVs gain popularity they will hike power tariffs . Economically it may not make any difference to the consumer but environmentally EVs will prove beneficial.

Going back to the fuel prices, people on twitter and whatsapp constantly compare the high fuel price in India to the price of fuel Pakistan,Nepal, Srilanka ,Bangladesh. I think this is an unfair comparison for several reasons but the main reason is Indian governments (including the ones from the past) have to run a very large country, fund its infrastructure needs, despite corruption and leakages atleast attempt to connect its sheer population with basic amenities, fund its large army, healthcare system, creaking PSUs, keep PSU banks afloat etc. with only 3% of its population paying income tax, the money has to come from other sources and regressive taxes in form of GST, excise duties are one avenue to fund its expenses. Where as a banana republic like Pakistan only needs to fund its large army, there aren't many banks, and with a strong feudal society there aren't many poor farmers to give farm loans to, there is no public healthcare system or public education systems to fund, and all the infrastructure development happens in Punjab and Sindh. It is easy for them to keep the taxes on fuel low because their expenses are also low. This is also the reason why the price of fuel in China is higher than it is in India and twice as expensive as it is in Nepal.
asgkhan
BRFite

Post by asgkhan »

I am closely following the EV scene in India. Tatas have a plan to setup charging stations across the highways and city points.

But the rate of charging is a challenge. Still heartening to see the revolution taking place in realtime.

This turnover in the industry is similar to IC cars replacing the horse-carriageway system. The next decade will be exciting to see the innovation and disruptions in the IC world.
Rishirishi
BRFite

Post by Rishirishi »

asgkhan wrote:I am closely following the EV scene in India. Tatas have a plan to setup charging stations across the highways and city points.

But the rate of charging is a challenge. Still heartening to see the revolution taking place in realtime.

This turnover in the industry is similar to IC cars replacing the horse-carriageway system. The next decade will be exciting to see the innovation and disruptions in the IC world.
I have followed Norway where 100%EVs make up more then 60% of the market share. EV's are fantastic to drive, almost maintenance free, Non polluting, no noise. The charging is not a problem at all. With a 2000W socket (typical for an AC or geyser) you can charge 150Km over night. Charging infrastructure is relatively easy to install, where ever the grid can carry the load. For fast-charging any dhaba will be able to install a dozen or 2 in the parking. Typically large corporate build and maintain, and pay rent to the owner (a bit like cell phone towers).

The prices are coming down for batteries and hopefully will reach Usd 70-80 per kwh, by 2025. A typical car with a rang of 350km requires 60 kwh battery, approx 350K rupee (but there will be a saving of Rs 100K for engine and parts). Hence the price will increase by some 200k. But most will be able to recover it from lower running costs.
shaun
BRFite

Post by shaun »

Ola, Siemens to build 'India's most advanced EV manufacturing hub' in Tamil Nadu for ₹2,400 cr

https://www.livemint.com/companies/news ... 51917.html
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

EV is a great opportunity for India to free itself from oil import. If they can move to EVs for passengar cars / motorcycles alone - it will be a huge win!

Cheap, reliable electricity has unperpinned the development of any major modern economy - India needs that as well.
Ambar wrote: EVs don't yet have an infrastructure in India to be widely adapted. Besides, with power boards under the firm control of the state governments, if EVs gain popularity they will hike power tariffs .
I might be wrong - but we will be the only "big economy " in the world that would think about doing something like hiking tariffs if consumption goes up. I still vividly remember the DD ads to save electricity/gas. sigh.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

GoI's EV policymaking and prioritization is taking shape. Gadkari's words need followup from PMO with a national policy framework:
'Go Electric' Campaign Launched By Centre To Promote Green Power, And To Reduce India's Fuel Import Dependency
Promoting green power for low cost and reduced emissions, Road Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari has launched “Go Electric” campaign, spreading awareness on the benefits of e-mobility and EV charging infrastructure as well as electric cooking in India.

Highlighting electric fuel as a major alternative for fossil fuels which have an import bill of Rs 8 lakh crore, Gadkari said, "When compared to conventional fuels, electric fuel has low cost, reduced emissions and is also indigenous."

He urged the Power Minister, RK Singh, who was present on the occasion, to encourage value addition to carbon dioxide which is released from thermal power plants.

Observing that electrification of public transport is not only economical but also eco-friendly, he also spoke about the opportunities and potential of electric cooking in India.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Hydrogen making a move

srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

While most of the conversation is around EV cars, the revolution is happening in scooters. Ola has just released its electric scooter with a pretty good spec. I'd be tempted to swap my 10 yr motorcycle with it but for the fact that it doesn't have removable battery (because can't charge in my apartment basement). Scooters are the primary city roundabout and you don't need to have range of hundreds of kilometres.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

The other scooter launched on the same day as Ola - Simple One has even better specs and features.
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

I saw that ... but it's either quite immature or completely fly-by-night operation. Only time will tell. Check out the team-bhp thread on that.

But what's exciting is that, these scooters are going to make EVs available at a pretty decent price point. And hopefully, it'd create good charging infra along side that the EV cars can also make use of whenever that happens.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

In EU, cost for single Charge for electric car is 50 Euro/ 400 KM. That does not make huge difference. Instead it is more expansive for light cars. Salam