ALT-Tech Dhaga

The Technology & Economic Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to Technological and Economic developments in India. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Re: ALT-Tech Dhaga

Post by ArjunPandit »

Meanwhile in russia, closer to Ulanbataar, people have started postulating dark matter stars.
https://phys.org/news/2018-10-russian-p ... based.html
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Wow! That is one well-written article. Cannot imagine that level in bheshtarn neuj or desi neuj. Seems like papparazzi in Russia pass Statistical Thermodynamics?
Light dark matter particles called "axions" interact with electromagnetic fields very weakly and can decay into radiophotons. This effect is vanishingly small, but inside the Bose star, it may be resonantly amplified, as in a laser, and could lead to giant radio bursts.
"The next obvious step is to predict the number of the Bose stars in the universe and calculate their mass in models with light dark matter," concluded Dmitry Levkov.
Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2018-10-russian-p ... d.html#jCp

The trouble that I have is where the Bose-Einsteiunullah condenjate (which is as cold as cold can be) goes into resonance with some axion bibi and produces Radio Photonullahs. Presumably these are babies with energy corresponding to the difference between two radio frequencies, meaning very long wavelengths. Wonder how these are detected: you may need antennae that are several times the diameter of the Earth. And how this process leads to release of huge radio energy as if there is a wedding going on there.

So if I read this right, during Creation, a whole lot of nuclei were left at zero speed. IOW, zero energy level. Cold. Alone. Eventually they met up, but still moving very slowly, then just hung out together and eventually formed large communities of slow-movers. Sort of like what happens on PeeAref: Several whole threads have gone into Dark Energy slumber. One din a hot bibi comes along (how? if that is dark matter it must also move very slowly..) and caused a riot.

The other thing I wonder about, is about the mass that goes into a Black Hole. Since the Black Hole ultimately must pull everything towards a single point of infinite density, the speed of random thermal motion of any particle that reaches there, must reach zerrow, just due to gravitational pull. So its energy state must reach that of a Bose-Einstein Condensate (BEC to us Exparts, pls). So it turns into Dark Matter. The energy dissipates out maybe as radio or UV for all I care, but it eej gone. So Black Holes contain humongous amounts of Dark Matter. Apparently Mullah Hawking (pbuh) postulated that Black Holes will simply dissipate like pphhhhffft! This is possible but a huge chunk of Dark Matter will be floating around. If two such ever collide, the collision may have immense energy and cause a Mother Of All SuperNovae.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

UlanBatori wrote:The other thing I wonder about, is about the mass that goes into a Black Hole. Since the Black Hole ultimately must pull everything towards a single point of infinite density, the speed of random thermal motion of any particle that reaches there, must reach zerrow, just due to gravitational pull.
I opened up my car window and it to a jat from gurgaon, he slapped his driver. Then said, speed=distance/time. Dono hi zero hain. he him slapped again. He also spoke of space time curl like kangana ranaut in fashion that keeps on photons go "round and round". Game over.
See physics is so simple more so when you are sitting on NH8 for few hours wondering to blow up your car or the firecrackers that are in it. AoA.
You know its me if something interesting happens on NH8
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I read an article in Science that says Active Galaxies that have SuperMassive Black Holes, have Relativistic Jets shooting out perpendicular to the Accretion Disk. Something about magnetic fields, of course I am 404. I assume that is slower than NH8?

These jets are several light years long, like the traffic line on NH8. I wonder what it would be like to be on a planet located inside it. I mean, what would be your perspective of the outside Universe? Entire Universe heavily blue-shifted and flashing by your planet? Blue and Red lights flashing all over the place?
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

You mean quasars, the streams move at speeds close to speed of light admitting in the way would heyy obliterated
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I swear I did not write this... Hahvahd brophejar did, no less!! :shock:

If u see anything like this when u r sitting on NH8, ask them if they will beam you up. Dang! Why can't they send a probe after it I wonder. Not enough antipakis accumulated to react with pakis and create the impulse?
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

UlanBatori wrote:I swear I did not write this... Hahvahd brophejar did, no less!! :shock:

If u see anything like this when u r sitting on NH8, ask them if they will beam you up. Dang! Why can't they send a probe after it I wonder. Not enough antipakis accumulated to react with pakis and create the impulse?
i suppose they had a model of "ideal alien space ship" to go by .. " independence day ? :mrgreen:
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

UlanBatori wrote:I swear I did not write this... Hahvahd brophejar did, no less!! :shock:

hahaa "hahvard bhasheshar". See it got quickly published on CNN it must be truth only..no?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Is the photo shown (a long sliver of rock like from a quarry blast) actual or imagined? How did they manage to image it with such clarity? They say it looks "red" and "shiny" as in too little scattering. Neither of those comes across in that picture: it looks like a product of very large alien life all right, but i will leave it 2 ur filthy imagination to c what I mean. And I have no clue how that picture looks like a Sail. So the actual thing was NOTHING like the picture shown. But: if it was an asteroid piece (practically zerrow gravity) and tumbling around as they say while zipping at 196000 kmph, why has it not broken due to the moment of inertia? So it may indeed be solid rock or metal, or have internal structure. Wonder if we can find a better picture/reconstruction of the geometry from data. The thing shown is nearly certain to be NASA science-fiction artist's creation. He may have looked down into a (never mind) to come up with the shape and structure and texture.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

That picture is a rendering na? We never had such clear pictures of ANY space object, including earth orbiters.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

UlanBatori wrote:Is the photo shown (a long sliver of rock like from a quarry blast) actual or imagined? How did they manage to image it with such clarity? They say it looks "red" and "shiny" as in too little scattering. Neither of those comes across in that picture: it looks like a product of very large alien life all right, but i will leave it 2 ur filthy imagination to c what I mean. And I have no clue how that picture looks like a Sail. So the actual thing was NOTHING like the picture shown. But: if it was an asteroid piece (practically zerrow gravity) and tumbling around as they say while zipping at 196000 kmph, why has it not broken due to the moment of inertia? So it may indeed be solid rock or metal, or have internal structure. Wonder if we can find a better picture/reconstruction of the geometry from data. The thing shown is nearly certain to be NASA science-fiction artist's creation. He may have looked down into a (never mind) to come up with the shape and structure and texture.
Wonder why no one called it silver surfer's surf. May be the surfer didnt bother to visit Huawei, and only focussed on London NYC and elsewhere
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

We of course heard it first on UBCN
https://phys.org/news/2018-11-scientist ... .html#nRlv
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

In the spirit of this dhaga, I am 400% with the second post here: but have no knawlidj to judge whether the first post is accurate or not. Sounds grand but have not done the calculations.
JaxPavan
2.5 / 5 (4) 10 hours ago
The odd thing about oumuamua is that it did a "NASA style" gravity-assist (nearly optimal 60 degrees angle of approach in relation to the sun's relative direction of motion which optimizes the velocity boost of the gravity-assist "slingshot").
A deliberate "NASA style" gravity-assist would also approach as close as it could to the sun to maximize the amount of gravitational potential energy, which it arguably did.
But, it also popped back up through the planetary orbital planes right at the orbital distance of an interesting blue planet covered in water, and timed it just as it was orbiting by.
That is one smart, curious asteroid.
fezline

2 / 5 (4) 9 hours ago
Ok so everyone is going along with what this girl is saying but she provides no data or explanation to back up her claim. All I see is mocking due to the fact that this is such a controversial claim and people just can't possibly believe that something like this might have actually happened. I am reasonably certain the paper indicated the following: "Oumuamua deviates from a trajectory that is solely dictated by the Sun's gravity. This could have been the result of cometary outgassing, but there is no evidence for a cometary tail around it. Moreover, comets change the period of their spin and no such change was detected for Oumuamua" So yeah I see nothing but opinion and arrogance countering that statement and zero evidence or calculated rebuttal... This lady is a hypocrite... she speaks of being a scientist but she religiously holds on to convention which is not the marker of a scientist. She is a dogmatist, not a scientist.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2018-11-scientist ... y.html#jCp
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

As for the shape and appearance, there is no reason to believe that a probe from an advanced civilization will have the things we expect: aerodynamic shape (why?) such as body of revolution (why? U don't expect THEM to be humanlike, patiently sitting in Middle Seats in Basic Economy to get Frequent Flier miles waiting for the Rs. 750 "Sandwich" box and water bottle?) wings (why?) pointy nose, convergent-divergent nozzles (even ion engines don't need them), pressure vessels, wrinkled gold foil to drive up the project cost, rectangular solar PV panels (they may have direct conversion from solar to djinn power)... so you have to depend on such things as the trajectory gravity boost, optimal distance to Sun, quick approach to source of TrumpTweets and Modigrams followed by swift exit.

Note that they managed to not get captured by any Earthling imaging technique and stayed totally passive, no active collision radar in use: that shows smart planning right there. Must have slowed down hugely from Kublai-Lorentz 10 (UBCN equivalent of Mach Number for speed of light ratio) to do that maneuver.

So WHY are they using "artists impressions" not "best scientific reconstruction", hain? Area 51 comes to mind. Maybe what they REALLY saw was this?
Or THIS?
Here is the UBCN Secret Recording, now revealed:
That would explain the "Solar Sail: Deployed or Not?" controversy, hain?

IMO an Alien Spacecraft is most likely to be a sphere: ****NOT**** an "UNUSUAL SHAPE". Big enough to have a gas atmosphere contained within a transparent 34-nm cover that reflects or scatters nothing, emits no signals that have low-enough bandwidth to be identified as non-"natural". IOW qualifies as Dark Matter. I assume that they are all around us. For one thing, they would be built out of orbiting mass, not launched from "gravity-wells" fully constructed like out petty little "probes". For another, they would be designed to last for centuries of sustainable lifestyle. For another, the builders would be smart enough to emit NO sign of life because they understand the piskology of pakis that inhabit other, primitive dunias. They would have as much interest in "communicating" with us as an aircraft carrier to a piranha or a mosquito.

To think anything else is sheer ego.
Going beyond, they will have whatever features are needed to go right through Black Holes to zip through space (distance) and time barriers. The thing that one needs to search for, is an intense blue shift that did not change position for a few years, then suddenly went yellow and red and disappeared as the thing slowed down. Or maybe a Black Hole whose accretion disk was nicely visible, but has now turned edge-on in orientation (THEY've already come through the door).
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

^^could it be that aliens are amongst us already? I wouldnt be surprised if one has got an active BRF account
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Just one?
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Well i think UBCN owners have strong connection to it. Who knows kalmua(dark faced) just came to check on their ancient brothers
coming back to oumuamua: I found some interesting details on wiki, please dont accuse me of tamatar picking
thought to be metal-rich with a relatively high density. ʻOumuamua is tumbling, rather than smoothly rotating, and is moving so fast relative to the Sun that there is no chance it originated in the Solar System
ʻOumuamua's eccentricity is so high that it could not have been obtained through an encounter with any of the planets in the Solar System
On the outward leg of its journey through the Solar System, ʻOumuamua passed within the orbit of Earth on 14 October at a distance of approximately 0.1616 AU (24,180,000 km; 15,020,000 mi) from Earth, and went back north of the ecliptic on 16 October and passed beyond the orbit of Mars on 1 November.[50][40][6] It passed beyond Jupiter's orbit in May 2018, and will pass beyond Saturn's orbit in January 2019 and Neptune's orbit in 2022.[50]
On the outward leg of its journey through the Solar System, ʻOumuamua passed within the orbit of Earth on 14 October at a distance of approximately 0.1616 AU (24,180,000 km; 15,020,000 mi) from Earth, and went back north of the ecliptic on 16 October and passed beyond the orbit of Mars on 1 November.[50][40][6] It passed beyond Jupiter's orbit in May 2018, and will pass beyond Saturn's orbit in January 2019 and Neptune's orbit in 2022.[50]
Accounting for Vega's proper motion, it would have taken ʻOumuamua 600,000 years to reach the Solar System from Vega.[29] But as a nearby star, Vega was not in the same part of the sky at that time.[40] Astronomers calculate that one hundred years ago the asteroid was 561 ± 0.6 AU (83.9 ± 0.090 billion km; 52.1 ± 0.056 billion mi) from the Sun and traveling at 26.33 km/s with respect to the Sun.[9] This interstellar speed is very close to the mean motion of material in the Milky Way in the neighborhood of the Sun, also known as the local standard of rest (LSR), and especially close to the mean motion of a relatively close group of red dwarfs. This velocity profile also indicates an extrasolar origin, but appears to rule out the closest dozen stars.[54] In fact, the strong correlation between ʻOumuamua's velocity and the local standard of rest might mean that it has circulated the Milky Way several times and thus may have originated from an entirely different part of the galaxy.
According to one hypothesis, ʻOumuamua could be a fragment from a tidally disrupted planet.[62][Note 12] This makes ʻOumuamua a rare object, much less abundant than other extrasolar "dusty-snowball" comets or asteroids could be.
Neshant
BRF Oldie

Post by Neshant »

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Oh wow! This thread is still alive! UBCN has decided to revive this. Starting with this stunning development

Implication: Self-reproducing robots that are also naturally intelligent (not machine intelligent) are pretty-much there. Don't know how much more is needed, but it appears that "How Can Life Originate?" may just have been rendered moot.

Robots can now make their own babies, those can grow, and eat humans. And bonus: Given their genesis, they can speak fluent Francais, and tend to wear orange vests, drink a lot and go out at night to burn cars.

Someone try telling me that this creature is less smart than the ones who wrote, and approved, the software on a site for old geezers to fill some forms:
Please enter your Date of Birth as in xx xx xx.
For example, if your date of birth is June 6, 2006, enter 06 06 06.
:eek:
I kid you not. Only the precise example numbers have been changed to protect the whistleblower.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

And now **THEY** are coming 4 us!!
Mysterious radio signal from space is repeating every 16 days. (CNN)Mysterious radio signals from space have been known to repeat, but for the first time, researchers have noticed a pattern in a series of bursts coming from a single source half a billion light-years from Earth.
Fast radio bursts, or FRBs, are millisecond-long bursts of radio waves in space. Individual radio bursts emit once and don't repeat. But repeating fast radio bursts are known to send out short, energetic radio waves multiple times. And usually when they repeat, it's sporadic or in a cluster, according to previous observations.
Between September 16, 2018 and October 30, 2019, researchers with the Canadian Hydrogen Intensity Mapping Experiment/Fast Radio Burst Project collaboration detected a pattern in bursts occurring every 16.35 days. Over the course of four days, the signal would release a burst or two each hour. Then, it would go silent for another 12 days.
The findings are included in the pre-print of a paper on arXiv, meaning the paper has been moderated but not fully peer reviewed. The authors of the paper are part of the CHIME/FRB collaboration, which has published a multitude of fast radio burst studies in recent years.
The signal is a known repeating fast radio burst, FRB 180916.J0158+65. Last year, the CHIME/FRB collaboration detected the sources of eight new repeating fast radio bursts, including this signal. The repeating signal was traced to a massive spiral galaxy around 500 million light-years away.
Researchers hope that by tracing the origin of these mysterious bursts, they can determine what caused them. So far, they have traced single and repeating fast radio bursts back to very different sources, which deepens the mystery.
The first repeating fast radio burst traced, FRB 121102, linked back to a small dwarf galaxy containing stars and metals. FRB 180916 was traced to one of the spiral arms of a Milky Way-esque galaxy. It was also within a star-forming region of the arm, the researchers said.
Now, the evidence of a pattern in the signal adds to the question of what could cause these bursts to emit the way that they do.
"The discovery of a 16.35-day periodicity in a repeating FRB source is an important clue to the nature of this object," the researchers wrote in their study In the paper, the researchers consider the possible causes, like the orbital motion of a star or an object that acts as a companion in the outskirts of the galaxy. The authors of another paper, who consulted with the researchers who discovered the pattern, suggest the cause could be coming from a neutron star and early OB-type star binary system.
Neutron stars are the smallest in the universe, the remnants of supernovae. Their diameters are comparable to the size of a city like Chicago or Atlanta, but they are incredibly dense, with masses bigger than that of our sun. OB-type stars are short-lived hot, massive stars. The interaction between these two, and the wind coming off of the OB-type star, could factor into the cause of the repeating FRB's pattern.

Understanding fast radio bursts can also help astronomers learn more about the universe itself. The more bursts they can trace, the better they may be able to use the signals to map how matter is distributed across the universe.
The researchers believe that future observations could help them determine if other repeating fast radio bursts have a pattern. That way, they'll know if this kind of periodicity is the exception or routine behavior.